PDA

View Full Version : Official 2008 Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

MaxV
09-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Please keep all the discussions regarding upcoming/past games in this thread.

Geo
09-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I can't wait, although I worry about Peyton being too rusty. He hasn't seen live game action yet, and especially the speed at which the Bears defense will play. Hopefully the defense and an overdose of the running game with Addai/Rhodes/Hart can secure the win, thankfully the Colts usually run the ball better at home (especially against NFC teams).

If I was the Bears defensive coordinator, with the Colts starting two rookies at center and left guard plus the right guard is a new starter as well, I'd dial up pressure all day despite the risk of Dallas Clark and Anthony Gonzalez making a big gain.

Geo
09-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Jeff Saturday decides to let his knee heal and to continue rehab over surgery. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3569882)

Despite a torn ligament in his right knee, Indianapolis Colts center Jeff Saturday is not planning on surgery anytime soon.

The three-time Pro Bowl selection, who was hurt in the Colts' preseason loss to Buffalo two weeks ago, will instead continue his rehab work amid hopes for a quick return.

"We are at the point where I'm letting it heal by itself. If anything were to happen, that can be an issue. But it's not what we are going to do. I'm not going to get surgery. Unless something else happens to it, I'm going to stay with the way it is now," he said Thursday.

The Colts open the new season against the Chicago Bears on Sunday night in the new Lucas Oil Stadium.

Saturday said he consulted with team trainers and doctors and obtained another medical opinion before deciding to wait for surgery. All the doctors agreed there was no need for an invasive procedure now, he said.

Saturday said he did not know when he would resume practicing.
I don't have an opinion one way or the other, whatever gives Saturday the chance of being the healthiest he can be for some of the second half of the season and the playoffs is the best course of action imo. Hopefully he heals up fully with this decision.

scottyboy
09-05-2008, 05:12 PM
let's play over/under, Colts style!

in week one: over/under amount of sacks for Eric Foster: 12

MaxV
09-06-2008, 09:59 AM
:)

WAY over.

RCAChainGang
09-06-2008, 05:02 PM
I think Peyton will be fine.
Addai, Rhodes, and Hart will pound away and run the clock.
Addai is usually open for quick check downs, and I'm sure Peyton will be careful and ease into it.

MaxV
09-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Ok, we are in DEEP trouble.

Staubach12
09-07-2008, 10:23 PM
What happened to the colts?

RCAChainGang
09-07-2008, 10:28 PM
The number 1 reason we lost this game was because of the offense. We don't have to pass every down! Hated the play calling.

The number 2 reason is the defense. We had sloppy tackling and terrible coverage. Bob Sanders is leading with his helmet too much. He is going to get himself paralyzed. He needs to get his head up.

The last reason we lost was the loss of Dallas. Losing him in the slot made Peyton panic.

This is sad also when we got some severe breaks from the refs.

It is ok though. Just 1/16 of the season. Pick it up and go ply the Vikings next week.

Geo
09-07-2008, 10:38 PM
My Five Quick Post-Game Thoughts

1. I'm counting the days until the team cuts your old ass, Marvin Harrison. I hate you, you symbolize everything that is wrong with the Colts: finesse, overpaid, and inept in the postseason.

2. To sum up tonight's perfomance in one word: lame. Candidates missing out include sloppy and stupid. The offensive line wasn't too bad, considering the youth and inexperience of the interior.

3. Running the ball as they did on 4th and 1 is laughable. What a joke. They don't have the personnel to do that, especially with the Bears crowding the line, you have to do what your personnel suits you best, ie. run a pass play with a potential draw to Dom Rhodes. So stupid, which Tom Moore delivers every so often.

4. Joseph Addai, get your fragile ass off the field every single time you get dinged up, ie. twelve times a season. Do that at least, until the team can hopefully trade you for a first or second round pick.

5. Freeney looked good, Mathis too. The defensive line as a whole didn't do too bad, except for Raheem Brock perhaps. I saw Gary Brackett play, and Clint Session too at times, but Freddy Keiaho was MIA. Maybe he got injured yet again.

MaxV
09-07-2008, 10:39 PM
We got dominated at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball.

MaxV
09-07-2008, 10:40 PM
BTW, this just confirms what most of us already predicted, Matt Forte will be a very good NFL RB.

Geo
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't say that, that a Bears' line dominated the Colts' opposing line. The Bears units outplayed the Colts' units respectively, sure.

All three phases didn't make plays to win the game imo, except for Bullitt making a great tackle on Devin Hester's bone-headed delayed return.

Geo
09-07-2008, 11:51 PM
To keep some things in perspective:

1. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. Cliche but true, and certainly Colts fans can understand that since 1999.

2. The Chargers lost too, and losing the season opener isn't anywhere near as bad as what the Patriots reportedly have to face now. Talk about putting things in perspective.

If the Colts can't pass on the Vikings and get the win this upcoming week, it may be time for concern. Although even an 0-2 start doesn't rule out future success, see #1 and the Giants of last year for the most recent example.

MaxV
09-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Jags lost too and I think they are a bigger threat to us then the Titans.

We'll see. I still see potential for greatness in this team. We just need to get our **** together.

Geo
09-08-2008, 11:10 AM
I didn't realize until well after the game that Peyton had 49 passing attempts. Wow, that's crazy. Yes the Bears crowded the line before the snap, but they didn't always rush everyone - sometimes guys like Briggs and Urlacher dropped back.

I get that the Colts used the toss when running because they didn't want to put pressure on Manning's knee with the stretch play, but I would have liked to have seen more runs. Dom got all of three rushing attempts, I think? And I thought Mike Hart was inactive until I saw him in the final minute of the game. Colts should have ran the ball more imo. The Bears running game didn't average over 3.5 ypc if you exclude the touchdown run by Forte, but it helped their offense.

Now this Sunday at Minnesota, 49 passing attempts may be more necessary. We'll see.

Dam8610
09-08-2008, 11:18 AM
That. Was. Brutal. Can we please get some real fans in the new stadium? No one wanted to make noise, and when I was, people looked at me like I was crazy. If you don't want to make noise, why bother showing up to a football game?

Dam8610
09-08-2008, 11:21 AM
As for the play of the team, the only real problems I saw were the timing of the offense and the DL substitutions giving away what the team was doing on defense. These are both correctable mistakes, and I think we'll see them corrected soon, hopefully next week.

Geo
09-08-2008, 11:32 AM
That. Was. Brutal. Can we please get some real fans in the new stadium? No one wanted to make noise, and when I was, people looked at me like I was crazy. If you don't want to make noise, why bother showing up to a football game?
That sucks, especially if we're talking about before the fourth quarter. Thanks for the effort though.

As for the play of the team, the only real problems I saw were the timing of the offense and the DL substitutions giving away what the team was doing on defense. These are both correctable mistakes, and I think we'll see them corrected soon, hopefully next week.
Normally, the offense could make the plays to win the game, similar to the '05 opener at Baltimore. But as you noted, the offense wasn't in synch because of Peyton coming in late and the change to the offensive line interior. Good point.

Guys got a good wake up call, that's for sure. And now the next game is on the road, so they need to rally together and hopefully make the plays next week to get the win. The Bears made plays in all three phases, the Colts didn't.

Geo
09-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Also, maybe someone can confirm this, but I'm not sure Gijon Robinson fared too well as a blocker. Might have done better in the second half, might not.

Dam8610
09-08-2008, 11:40 AM
That sucks, especially if we're talking about before the fourth quarter. Thanks for the effort though.

We're talking about after 7-3, unless it was 3rd down, which makes no sense at all.

Normally, the offense could make the plays to win the game, similar to the '05 opener at Baltimore. But as you noted, the offense wasn't in synch because of Peyton coming in late and the change to the offensive line interior. Good point.

Guys got a good wake up call, that's for sure. And now the next game is on the road, so they need to rally together and hopefully make the plays next week to get the win. The Bears made plays in all three phases, the Colts didn't.

Honestly, if the WRs could've kept the ball in their hands (Marvin's fumble and the numerous drops), we'd be talking about an entirely different game. I will say, however, that a couple of Peyton's throws were long, but still, they get paid to go get those balls.

Geo
09-08-2008, 11:47 AM
When the Colts were down 15-13, with the momentum on their side, I was feeling good about the Colts' chances of using the remaining quarter and change to hopefully win the game. But the fumble/defensive tocuhdown that followed was killer.

This wasn't like the Eagles game, which was the exact same thing of a corner stripping Harriet Harrison of the ball, the Colts didn't have a lead already and the offense wasn't hot. Too many mental errors on the Colts' part. Stupid penalties and breakdowns (hello Ryan Diem!).

RCAChainGang
09-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Peyton played pretty bad. Though he had an injured knee the whole preseason. He will get better.

Reggie did awesome he went into the slot when Dallas was injured and preformed well.

I was very disappointed in Jacob Tamme.
He didn't get himself in a position to make a play.

I think this game did more good than a win would have. Like Geo said a BIG wake up call

chad72
09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Our O-line got manhandled, the RBs constantly saw LBs and D-linemen in the backfield. No wonder Manning had to throw so much, reminded me of the Chargers playoff game, 40 plus attempts there too, turnovers and mistakes there too, bad run D and could not get off the field on 3rd downs there too. The only difference was at least in the Chargers playoff game, we were sharp enough to put enough points on the board.

My question is, why don't we call enough screen passes and delayed draws if we know a D is being aggressive at the LOS to keep the LBs honest? Do we not have those plays in our playbook?

I did not like playing Wayne in the slot, place Gonzalez in the slot and watch him go. Wayne should be on the left, Harrison on the right, Gonzalez in the slot, Clark or Tamme in the slot too, just my two cents. Reggie is versatile but I feel Gonzo will do better in the slot than the post, just my opinion. Once you go with a 2-slot WR, 4 WR formation, they will have to honor our WR capabilities and you will have running lanes. If you go 4 WR, they are not going to blitz with a safety leaving only 1 safety to help out 4 DBs chasing 4 WRs. That would mean 2 safeties and 4 DBs leaving only 5 at the LOS for the Bears and not the 6 or 7 that they were showing most of the time. It will be an even match up where we can run better from.

The Bears can do that, put 6 or 7 in the box since they have Pro-bowl caliber corners in Vasher and Tillman plus Alex Brown back in the safety area. The Vikings, if they try to do that, do not have the CBs to accomplish that. With the Vikes, it will probably again come down to if the Colts D can get AP and the Vikes O-line off the field to give PM enough possessions. I do not see our O repeating so many penalties and turnovers again even if the Vikings play pressure D.

Normally, in a conservative Cover 2, where the LBs cannot be beat sideline to sideline, the way the Bears were crowding the LOS, I felt we could have used more stretch plays and running outside the tackles. It seems like Michael Turner always tries to run outside the tackles and is good at it against the Cover 2 defenses. Or is it just my feeling?

I have a good feeling about Mike Hart, it is worth a shot giving him more carries the next game, IMO.

MaxV
09-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Hart is better then Rhodes imo.

Geo
09-08-2008, 04:57 PM
I want to say that Rhodes doesn't look as explosive as he used to be, but absolutely can't say for sure because we've seen such a limited number of carries to determine that. He caught 4 passes for 30 yards, I believe, he can still contribute there.

But I would hope Tom Moore finally gets it through his thick skull that when Dominic Rhodes is in the game, you run more north-south because that suits his game more. He hits the hole harder than Addai, more often than not.

RCAChainGang
09-08-2008, 05:35 PM
I want to say that Rhodes doesn't look as explosive as he used to be, but absolutely can't say for sure because we've seen such a limited number of carries to determine that. He caught 4 passes for 30 yards, I believe, he can still contribute there.

But I would hope Tom Moore finally gets it through his thick skull that when Dominic Rhodes is in the game, you run more north-south because that suits his game more. He hits the hole harder than Addai, more often than not.

Yeah. There were some questionable play calling.
I hated the PASS PASS PASS!!!!
Pound it a little bit.

Geo
09-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Tom Moore is the most overrated offensive coordinator in the league imo. Peyton makes him look better than he actually is, I've always wished he could have a better OC. Moore gives him freedom to audible anything and everything, but that skews toward passing because Peyton has ultimate confidence in himself to make it happen (which was a detriment at times, especially pre-2005).

It's probably not a surprise that Peyton didn't become a more efficient, more patient quarterback until Jim Caldwell entered the fray as his QB coach. That wasn't going to happen with Moore alone, like say a Charlie Weis.

Geo
09-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Thankfully, Week One is now over with and we can move onto Week Two. The Indianapolis Colts go on the road to Minnesota, where one team will leave with an 0-2 record. Hopefully that team will be the overhyped Vikings.

The Vikes will shut down the run, which isn't good for the Colts because the best thing to help out Manning offensively is to run the ball. If only Coach Dungy and Moore could have stuck with it against the Bears, if for no other reason than to give Peyton more 3rd and 4s/5s to work with.

Thankfully the Vikings don't come close to the Bears when it comes to pass defense. That's definitely good news for the Colts, even though their offensive rhythm is still a work in progress for the first few weeks of the season. As long as the receivers can catch and hold onto the ball (especially idiot Harrison), the Colts passing offense will hopefully come into play in a big way. Maybe the Colts run more shotgun than last week, please throw in some draws plays in there to get a little running game going. Cripes.

Defensively, I would put Bob Sanders in the box all day. And maybe one of Keyunta Dawson and Eric Foster is inactive to let Daniel Muir play in the rotation as a bigger body. Focus on stopping Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor first and foremost, make Tarvaris Jackson beat you. Let him try and throw it deep with Freeney and Mathis rushing against their tackles.

Hopefully the Colts can come out with a win. If they stop committing stupid penalties and mental errors (especially in run defense), and win the turnover battle, they have a very good chance of doing that.

chad72
09-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Maybe the Colts run more shotgun than last week, please throw in some draws plays in there to get a little running game going. Cripes.

Defensively, I would put Bob Sanders in the box all day. And maybe one of Keyunta Dawson and Eric Foster is inactive to let Daniel Muir play in the rotation as a bigger body. Focus on stopping Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor first and foremost, make Tarvaris Jackson beat you. Let him try and throw it deep with Freeney and Mathis rushing against their tackles.

Hopefully the Colts can come out with a win. If they stop committing stupid penalties and mental errors (especially in run defense), and win the turnover battle, they have a very good chance of doing that.

I don't think we saw Daniel Muir or Eric Foster in the Bears game, did we? Neither did I see Marcus Howard. Even though the Bears were running, we could have used Marcus Howard instead of Josh Thomas every once in a while. Pierre Garcon, I knew had a shoulder injury which he has recovered from now and should be ready to go. Though it was the HOF game, I saw Garcon run blocking and I must say he could end up being our best run blocking WR when it is all said and done.

All these absences made it seem like a pre-season game to me. The entire ball game, it seemed like they took a "Manning cannot get hurt" approach which limited the playcalling to 3-step drops and predictable offensive plays. Even the stretch play was a shovel pass, and obviously eliminated any form of play action from it, mostly because of Manning's knee. The energy wasn't there and they looked like a bunch of college kids being manhandled by the pros who came to play i.e. the Bears.

I would like to see a lot of 2 TE formations along with the 2 WRs and constantly having 5 linemen (LT, LG, C, RG, RT) all the time, that will force the safeties to play back and open it up for running outside the tackles or if they are aggressive, burn them with a TE or WR pass. The pass protection is going to give our WRs a great chance to shine against the Vikings and that is why I feel we should play with 5 linemen all the time.

Tom Brady's stats and his WR stats last year were pre-dominantly due to his WRs getting time because of 5 O-linemen protecting him constantly.

Geo
09-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Muir and Howard were inactive, Foster played and recorded a solo tackle I heard.

Btw, remember when Josh Thomas hurdled the runningback who tried to cut him? That was impressive.

MaxV
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM
I agree about making Jackson beat us. We can't have AD roast us.

Dam8610
09-09-2008, 01:15 PM
I say put 9 in the box until Jackson can get the ball out well.

UKfan
09-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Let's run a 5-4 not a 4-3 :D

RCAChainGang
09-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Let's run a 5-4 not a 4-3 :D

Heheh

Sounds fun!

Geo
09-10-2008, 01:33 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080910/SPORTS03/809100416/1100

Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case
By Phil Richards
Posted: September 10, 2008

Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian announced today that defensive tackle Ed Johnson was arrested for speeding and possession of marijuana early this morning in Hamilton County.

"Those charges have been filed, it is my understanding, and we are in the process right now of determining what course of action to take with respect to discipline," Polian said. "There will be discipline, the question is what is it."

Johnson is a starter but coach Tony Dungy said he would not play Sunday when the Colts face Minnesota in Minneapolis.

Dungy said he was uncertain who would replace the second-year player from Penn State in the lineup.

Johnson was unavailable for comment.
Disappointing. Maybe it was a matter of time, given Big Ed's history at Penn State. We'll see.

Now Dan Muir has a good chance to play, with Johnson inactive.

UKfan
09-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Heheh

Sounds fun!

Might have to be a 3-6 without Big Ed, lol.

MaxV
09-10-2008, 03:03 PM
I KNEW IT!!!!

I knew his recent run of good behavior was too good to be true. Some people just never learn.

Penn State must have some nice connections.

Geo
09-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I doubt Johnson will get in any trouble after this. Yes he made a mistake, but so far in all this time, this has been the one incident. Let's have some faith in the guy. He's working year to year on an exclusive rights free agent minimum, as it is.

Don't get me wrong though, the Colts can't depend on him alone. Or count on re-signing him long-term, for the time being. They need to draft at least one defensive tackle this April.

I still wonder how Booger McFarland is. He was a source of help and advice for Ed as a rookie, how much I don't know but Big Ed mentioned it once or twice that I came across. Plus he's an experienced, obviously. If he's not fully healthy and able to play as he did pre-injury though, it doesn't do much good to bring him in then.

Geo
09-10-2008, 03:36 PM
By the way, I still think the Colts can beat the Vikings this Sunday, without Big Ed playing. And even if they should lose, an 0-2 start can very well be overcome this season of all seasons.

Don't sell the farm just yet.

I'd like to preserve this though, so we can laugh at Yahoo's Michael Silver later:

16. Indianapolis Colts: With the Vikings and Jags up next, could this get ugly early?

Geo
09-10-2008, 05:29 PM
As Justin Forsett's biggest fan in the Colts forum, I thank my fellow posters for allowing me to post this bit of news:

Justin Forsett, recently waived by the Seattle Seahawks, has been claimed by the Colts. (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2008171407_webmorehawk10.html)

:D

Hmm, wonder who goes to make room for him?

scottyboy
09-10-2008, 07:18 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080910/SPORTS03/809100416/1100

Disappointing. Maybe it was a matter of time, given Big Ed's history at Penn State. We'll see.

Now Dan Muir has a good chance to play, with Johnson inactive.

Eric Foster for the ultimate win!

Geo
09-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Colts to waive Ed Johnson Thursday. (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080910/SPORTS03/80910053)

The guy made a mistake, he doesn't need to be figuratively executed. There must be more to this story behind the scenes, maybe Johnson already failed a drug test (first strike) or was suspected of something in the locker room or wasn't a good guy during the week. Something.

Wow.

Edit: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3580135

Bill Polian, the Colts president, said the second-year tackle will be waived effective on Thursday.

"Ed was well aware that his past history required him to be in complete compliance with club rules," Polian said in a statement Wednesday. "He was repeatedly told this during the offseason. Along with his teammates, he was reminded as recently as yesterday of coach [Tony] Dungy's rules of behavior. Unfortunately, he chose to violate those rules. Given the circumstances surrounding Ed's original employment with the Colts, we feel in this case that we have no choice but to take this action."

Hopefully Daniel Muir looks good. Colts need to add another defensive tackle, if not to the roster then to the practice squad.

MaxV
09-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I can't say I agree with this.

I guess Ed was on a "only get 1 strike" short leash. He used up all of his lives with the Colts.

This makes our D even more vulnerable to the run.

Geo
09-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Rotoworld is running with stupid speculation from the Colts' Indystar blogger (what was he thinking?) that the Colts will start Raheem Brock and Keyunta Dawson together. No way do they start both guys inside at once, that run defense will be even worse than 2006. That's not even good enough to be called a sieve.

I'd sooner start Eric Foster over either. And get Dan Muir in there and see what he can do.

They need to sign a guy and quick, either a young guy who has shown some flashes or a journeyman veteran. I would definitely and immediately check out Jeremy Clark and Keith Jackson, two former '07 prospects. Maybe Antonio Johnson too.

Warren Sapp will probably get mentioned, but I doubt it happens. The Colts just need a servicable NT.

Geo
09-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Coach Dungy at today's presser announced some things: (http://www.colts.com/video/selectmediaflash.cfm?content=http://video.colts.com/video/24237/dungywrapup_2008-09-11-135240.flv&channel=dungy-daily-wrapup)
Eric Foster likely to start, along with Keyunta Dawson.
The team has signed DaJuan Ramsey, former Eagles depth tackle, who Coach describes as a NT.
Ramsey is already there with the team and ready to practice.

MaxV
09-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Who else goes to make room for Forsett?

UKfan
09-11-2008, 02:14 PM
I hope that Ramsey can be a true NT, we need a run stuffer, bad!

UKfan
09-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Hollis Thomas released by the Saints, if he gets healthy, he'd be a good option later in the year I think.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-saints-thomasreleased&prov=ap&type=lgns

Geo
09-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Who else goes to make room for Forsett?
I'm wondering that too.

Geo
09-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Rotoworld says the Colts have released Courtney Roby. (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3207)

I'm fine with the move. I liked the prospect of grooming Roby in the Colts organization, seeing if he could develop in the offense, but I really like Forsett and he gives the Colts a return man who can also contribute as a runningback given that he's active. Roby really couldn't contribute as a wide receiver, given the depth and talent of the team, he was relegated to special teams only. Forsett can play imo.

MaxV
09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
I was about to post the link on the Colts.com stating that Big Ed and Roby are released for Ramsey and Forsett.

Looks like your boy, Forsett is our new returner. I hope he does well.

Geo
09-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Hart and Forsett are the future.

Halfback. Pft.

They are ... the HAF backfield! :D

Geo
09-11-2008, 04:58 PM
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=6eaec411-02a6-44a0-9174-094e794cc7db

Saturday, the Colts’ three-time Pro Bowl center, returned to practice the last two days, saying as of Thursday he didn’t yet know what his status would be for the Colts’ second regular-season game Sunday.

But Saturday said that was the short-term issue.

And as far as the long-term issues: his rehabilitation from a preseason knee injury and his prospects for an effective, quicker-than-expected return?

Regarding those, Saturday said he couldn’t be more pleased.

“I’m really excited about where I am, where my knee is,” Saturday said Thursday as the Colts (0-1), the five-time defending AFC South champions, prepared to play the Minnesota Vikings (0-1) at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome in Minneapolis, Minn., Sunday at 1 p.m.

“Regardless of what happens this weekend in particular, just being ahead of the curve on the injury and recovery itself – I’m real excited about where I am.

“Hopefully, it will keep going and progressing at the rate it is now.”

Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy, who said on Wednesday there was a chance Saturday could play this week, said Thursday there was still a chance, and that Saturday wouldn’t be rushed back.

“Jeff practiced and wasn’t 100 percent,” Dungy said. “He made it through and took all of his turns. We’ll see how it goes today (Thursday), if he’s a little more comfortable. To put a percentage on it right now, I don’t know.

“We’re not going to play him if he doesn’t feel good and feel that he can go out there and do a good job, but we’ll see.”

Also on Thursday, tight end Dallas Clark did not practice for a second consecutive day after sustaining a knee injury Sunday against Chicago.

“If he’s not able to practice today (Thursday), I would doubt that we’d play him, but we’ll see,” Dungy said.

Saturday, a Pro Bowl selection the past three seasons, before this year’s opener had missed just two starts in seven seasons as a starter. He said much about his situation will depend on how he felt during practice Thursday.

“It was a good start,” Saturday said of his work Wednesday. “It was good to get back in the swing of things. It all depends on how it goes (Thursday). We’re kind of gauging everything on how the day goes and how the recovery goes.
I'm not expecting Saturday or Clark to play this week, better to go in with low expectations imo, but it's very good to hear about Saturday recovering so quick. And at least Clark's MRI was negative, hopefully both guys can perhaps play next week against Jacksonville at home. The Week 4 bye looks much more helpful than it did when it was announced two or three months ago.

scottyboy
09-11-2008, 08:26 PM
so who's gonna start for you guys? Darrell Reid, from my hometown, or Eric Foster, from God's college? either way, you can't lose

Dam8610
09-11-2008, 09:04 PM
so who's gonna start for you guys? Darrell Reid, from my hometown, or Eric Foster, from God's college? either way, you can't lose

Scotty, you're the only person on the face of the Earth that, for reasons other than hating the Colts, being a Vikings fan, or owning AD in fantasy, will be happy to know that Eric Foster is slated to start at DT Sunday for the Colts against the Vikings.

scottyboy
09-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Scotty, you're the only person on the face of the Earth that, for reasons other than hating the Colts, being a Vikings fan, or owning AD in fantasy, will be happy to know that Eric Foster is slated to start at DT Sunday for the Colts against the Vikings.

ERIC FOSTER!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! yayayayayay this will make me not kill myself due to tonights Rutgers game. You guys will be like "ZOMGZ Foster had 7 tackles and 3 sacks, he's so good! Scotty was right!"

Geo
09-12-2008, 12:38 AM
I already know you're right, scotty. :D

Foster is going to wreck some havoc.

chad72
09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
You have got to see this guy in this pre-season game vs the Bears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3pablNCgAI&feature=related

This guy hits the hole pretty hard. Granted, he played only the second half against second stringers of the Bears. But the Bears are pretty well coached when it comes to special teams, I would think. So his runs have to mean something against them.

He had 125 return yards and 136 run yards against the Bears in only one half, he tore it up in pre-season. Yeah, it is pre-season but the fact he can be more than a KR was what appealed to the Colts. Courtney Roby was too unpolished to be a good WR in the NFL and KR duties was all he had and the fact that he fumbled once and was bailed out by the refs probably did not sit well with the Colts. Pierre Garcon will be like a Wes Walker, punt returner and WR, thus justifying his roster spot, not the case with Courtney Roby.

Some key notes from his scouting profile:

09/09/08 - RB Justin Forsett was released by Seattle..

09/03/08 - RB Justin Forsett was one of the final decisions on the roster. It appears he will handle the punt and kickoff return duties because Nate Burleson is starting at split end.

08/17/08 - RB Justin Forsett has been perhaps the best player in training camp as he vies for a roster spot. He led the team in rushing in its intrasquad scrimmage and its second preseason game and would have led the team in rushing in its first preseason game had he not been thrown for a four-yard loss on the Seahawks' final offensive play of the game. Here are the issues with Forsett: He is small. Though he is listed at 5-8, 194, he is more like 5-6. More than that, though, he is caught in a numbers crunch. The Seahawks usually keep five running backs for their two-back offense, and they have filled it out with Julius Jones, Maurice Morris, T.J. Duckett, Owen Schmitt and Leonard Weaver. With wide receiver Bobby Engram injured, it deducts one roster spot from an already full offense, meaning Forsett does not have much room. But he continues to make plays, making it almost impossible for the coaching staff to ignore what he has done. Against the Bears, he had 136 rushing yards despite playing running back for only a half. He added 117 return yards, and that does not include a 43-yard punt return that was called back for holding. "That's a decision, that will be a tough call at the end," Holmgren said. "He will be involved in that decision at the end, absolutely."

Geo
09-12-2008, 11:24 AM
I won't say "I told you so." :D Forsett was great last year, taking over for Marshawn Lynch at Cal Berkeley. If he wasn't the best runningback through Senior Bowl week, he was easily the second-best coming just short to Matt Forte.

If someone had told me before the '08 Draft that the Colts would end up with both Mike Hart and Justin Forsett, at only the cost of a 6th round compensatory pick, I would not have believed them. I'm giddy about that, somebody pinch me. There's no need to look at a runningback next year unless Beanie Wells or CJ Spiller falls to the first round pick, I would pass on everyone else.

Those are two very good backs, who can play in this offense. Yeah, they're short, but they aren't frail as Forsett comes in around 190 and Hart around 200.

The Seahawks gave up a very good player, whether he does or doesn't fit their offense perfectly. Especially with Maurice Morris down for the next few weeks, but thankfully for the Colts, the idiot GM who is horrible in offensive talent acquisition and true to form signed TJ Duckett compounded that mistake.

Geo
09-12-2008, 12:54 PM
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=injuryreport

Been meaning to mention this, I really like this addition to the team site. Very nicely done.

Doesn't look like Dan Muir will be playing this week unfortunately. Hopefully LaJaun Ramsey is good to do.

Geo
09-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Bob Holtzman on ESPN said Jeff Saturday told him he's not going to go today. Not surprising, it's still too early even though he's amazingly able to practice this whole week.

Dallas Clark is making a game effort of it, but the NFLN reporter doesn't think he'll go either. I would agree, Clark didn't practice except for a bit on Friday, but with Tamme out and Santi/Robinson inexperienced, maybe Coach Dungy lets it all slide and he plays some.

Caddy
09-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Bob Holtzman on ESPN said Jeff Saturday told him he's not going to go today. Not surprising, it's still too early even though he's amazingly able to practice this whole week.

I heard Clark has a partial MCL tear. Any news on that Geo and if he will play today?

Geo
09-14-2008, 10:30 AM
See my edited post, bud. They showed him stretching around, and he'll try to convince them to let him play.

Ultimately though, my guess is that he doesn't. He didn't practice this week.

scottyboy
09-14-2008, 10:31 AM
is Eric Foster gonna start and see lots of time? If so, I'm so picking him up in my fantasy leagues with IDP's

Geo
09-14-2008, 10:33 AM
He should start, #68!

scottyboy
09-14-2008, 10:34 AM
He should start, #68!

SCORE! my current DL player is Robert Mathis, do I keep Mathis, or sign Foster? I don't know!!!!!

Geo
09-14-2008, 10:36 AM
If Mathis ever gets their right tackle in a pass rushing situation, it could be ugly for the Vikes. Hmm.

Keep Mathis for now, let's see how Foster does. The Colts play a Jags team missing their guards next week.

scottyboy
09-14-2008, 10:38 AM
If Mathis ever gets their right tackle in a pass rushing situation, it could be ugly for the Vikes. Hmm.

Keep Mathis for now, let's see how Foster does. The Colts play a Jags team missing their guards next week.

ok, I'll keep Mathis...for now!

I did just cut Fred Robbins for Foster and benched Pierce for him(sacks count big time, pierce never blitzes) so let's get ready for greatness! Matt Birk will cry himself to sleep all week baby!

Geo
09-14-2008, 10:39 AM
He just said that both Saturday and Clark are inactive today.

... and also that Clark has a slightly torn MCL (http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/14/te-clark-has-slight-mcl-tear/), as 24caddy mentioned earlier.

MaxV
09-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Man, Clark gets hurts every year.

I'm thinking that maybe giving him that big contract may not have been a great idea.

Geo
09-14-2008, 10:48 AM
He's never played all 16 games once in his career thus far.

And Polian gave him a 36-40M contract. But according to Polian, the worst mistake he ever made was agreeing to play the Hall of Fame game. LOL

Still, Clark is an exceptional weapon when healthy. Let's just hope he'll still healthy come the playoffs, and also that he can play the Jags next week before the Week 4 bye.

Geo
09-14-2008, 11:10 AM
TE Dallas Clark, C Jeff Saturday, OG Mike Pollak, WR Roy Hall, TE Jacob Tamme, DT Daniel Muir, DE Marcus Howard and DE Curtis Johnson. No big surprises.

UKfan
09-14-2008, 03:10 PM
First thing that pops into my head after this game, phew!

Anthony Gonzalez is absolutely awesome as well.

RCAChainGang
09-14-2008, 03:16 PM
First thing that pops into my head after this game, phew!

Anthony Gonzalez is absolutely awesome as well.

Total DITTO!

scottyboy
09-14-2008, 03:22 PM
you guys totally thought of me when Foster blew up AD on that first down run for a loss of 3. he's so good

Geo
09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Eric Foster is CLUTCH.

What a win. Phew is right, that was a grind. But boy oh boy, that had to be the sweetest Week 2 victory ever because of that fact.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04z1drzdcL1Pl/340x.jpg

Dam8610
09-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Phew? That's it? Peyton Manning and the defense dragged this team to a win today. If the Colts don't keep Kelvin Hayden, they'll be in trouble next year. He was excellent in coverage all game, and while it wasn't against the best of receivers, he still did an excellent job. The Colts need to scrap the pitch, it isn't going to work the same as the stretch, so either run the stretch, or come up with a new way to run outside. You can't say enough about Peyton Manning, seriously, games like today are why he's going to have a bust in Canton. The offense had nothing for the first 2 1/2 quarters, then suddenly, Peyton turns it on, and the Colts end up with a win. While you have to be happy with the result today, hopefully next week won't be more of the same. The offense needs to get it together, and sustain their play for an entire game. Hopefully Bob Sanders ankle injury wasn't too serious, his presence would definitely be missed against the Jaguars.

MaxV
09-14-2008, 09:39 PM
We need Lilja and Saturday back and soon. This group is doing a terrible job of run-blocking.

I hope Ugoh is back next week. Charlie Johnson can't play LT.

I hope Bob is back next week too.

Geo
09-14-2008, 10:10 PM
1. You are the biggest waste of 9 or 10 of whatever millions they are cap charge, Marvin Harrison. You worthless piece of crap. You're not worth 1/4 of that, you should give 3/4 to Peyton anyway because the Colts drafting you in '96 and then drafting Peyton in '98 is why you're going to the Hall of Fame. Also garbage was some of the playcalling, the stupid toss **** and not having the backs run routes around the defensive line (newsflash you dumbass Tom Moore, Addai and Dom can catch the ball). Don't dial up asinine stuff like a pass right in front of their monster defensive line, I couldn't believe it when I saw that.

2. I'm also getting sick of Reggie dropping the deep balls Manning are placing right in his hands. This was a trend all of last year, maybe cost the Colts against the Patriots, and Wayne hasn't come down with two touchdowns in two games this season by continuing this. The interception wasn't on Wayne, that was a bad throw by Manning.

3. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Anthony Gonzalez. Baller. Primetime player. Completely and utterly legit. I love this dude as much as a heterosexual man can love another heterosexual man he doesn't know or isn't related to. The future is now, greatness awaits. That lateral was amazing, good reflexes by Reggie to catch it and then make his moves towards the endzone.

4. The refs stuck it to the Colts for most of this game. One specific example was the 3rd and 5 when Freeney was beyond being held by the offensive lineman, and Jackson made a big pass. But that was hardly the only time. This **** is injustice is what it is.

5. The Colts got lucky by a two or three Vikings miscues on third down. But I thought the defense played a good game for the most part. AD's first big run was a cutback, not much could have been done about that imo. And the run defense was looking ugly for most of the first quarter. But they held the Vikings to field goals despite special teams and offense losing the field position battle pretty much all of the game until Freeney's fumble. And they held AD to 42 yards on 15 carries in the second half. Dwight Freeney, two huge sacks in two games.

Geo
09-15-2008, 11:08 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/09/14/5things.colts.vikings/index.html

UKfan
09-15-2008, 03:14 PM
1. You are the biggest waste of 9 or 10 of whatever millions they are cap charge, Marvin Harrison. You worthless piece of crap. You're not worth 1/4 of that, you should give 3/4 to Peyton anyway because the Colts drafting you in '96 and then drafting Peyton in '98 is why you're going to the Hall of Fame. Also garbage was some of the playcalling, the stupid toss **** and not having the backs run routes around the defensive line (newsflash you dumbass Tom Moore, Addai and Dom can catch the ball). Don't dial up asinine stuff like a pass right in front of their monster defensive line, I couldn't believe it when I saw that.

2. I'm also getting sick of Reggie dropping the deep balls Manning are placing right in his hands. This was a trend all of last year, maybe cost the Colts against the Patriots, and Wayne hasn't come down with two touchdowns in two games this season by continuing this. The interception wasn't on Wayne, that was a bad throw by Manning.

3. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Anthony Gonzalez. Baller. Primetime player. Completely and utterly legit. I love this dude as much as a heterosexual man can love another heterosexual man he doesn't know or isn't related to. The future is now, greatness awaits. That lateral was amazing, good reflexes by Reggie to catch it and then make his moves towards the endzone.

4. The refs stuck it to the Colts for most of this game. One specific example was the 3rd and 5 when Freeney was beyond being held by the offensive lineman, and Jackson made a big pass. But that was hardly the only time. This **** is injustice is what it is.

5. The Colts got lucky by a two or three Vikings miscues on third down. But I thought the defense played a good game for the most part. AD's first big run was a cutback, not much could have been done about that imo. And the run defense was looking ugly for most of the first quarter. But they held the Vikings to field goals despite special teams and offense losing the field position battle pretty much all of the game until Freeney's fumble. And they held AD to 42 yards on 15 carries in the second half. Dwight Freeney, two huge sacks in two games.

I only managed to see the second half of the game, so I missed most of the gorier moments by the look of it. But from the highlights I have seen, and what I have read, this sounds pretty spot on.

I'm hoping that Marvin is still hampered a little by his knee and can step up, but it's not the same connection between Peyton and Marvin right now. We need it to be in the long run.

Anthony Gonzalez was incredible this game, he snagged a couple of balls clean out of the air, he runs good routes and has some very soft hands, and he's intelligent, you can see that in his play. We need to keep him involved.

The O-line, messy. The D-line from Minny were just crashing the interior line all game, and it worked. The rookies have GOT to step their games up, and we need Tony Ugoh back asap. Also, as has been mentioned, ditch the toss, the key to the stretch was always the handoff, it changes the angle of the run on the whole play.

D-line, we need a big lump in the middle to anchor the line. Dwight was a menace as always, and he came up huge, but Dawson is not the answer. Foster looked semi-decent.

The other point I really don't want overlooking, is Adam Vinatieri. I know he made the "clutch kick" which will stop him taking too much criticism, but had he made the chip shot before, we wouldn't have needed that clutch kick, and could have safely ran out the clock, rather than having to hit Reggie on that last play. I'm getting tired of Adam missing simple kicks, and I wouldn't be too against getting his big salary for a kicker off the roster if it continues.

scottyboy
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Eric Fosters sumo slam on AD won you the game, no doubt. Without that tackle, the Vikings score.
He struggled adapting to the bigger NFL interior lineman, and Birk is one of the better centers, but give him time, greatness isn't achieved in a day you know!

MaxV
09-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Well, Foster is currently playing as a NT and he's clearly a natural UT.

scottyboy
09-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, Foster is currently playing as a NT and he's clearly a natural UT.

that too. He's not big enough for a NT, but he still looked pretty good in his NFL debut playing pretty much out of position. he's so awesome

Geo
09-16-2008, 12:42 AM
If the Colts don't keep Kelvin Hayden, they'll be in trouble next year. He was excellent in coverage all game, and while it wasn't against the best of receivers, he still did an excellent job.
I don't disagree that Hayden makes more plays on the ball and ends up with more interceptions, but that's because teams throw at Hayden more than they do at Marlin Jackson.

Which speaks to Marlin's coverage ability, although of course, it's not as though I have the coaches film to check for myself. But I think a great deal of Marlin's coverage ability, such that I would be inclined to believe that train of thought.

I'd love for the team to lock-up both Jackson and Hayden long-term though, hopefully to good deals for the team and for both guys. Don't get me wrong, I love having both as our starting corners. I think they are severely underrated as one of the league's absolute best pairings. Both guys very physical and can cover.

Honestly, Bethea is leaving me lukewarm to the point where I'd let him walk as a free agent after '09. Bethea has some ballhawk skills, but if feels like they don't always show up consistently every so often, and now we're seeing some of the bad tackling angles from '06 come up at times this season. Maybe he's just having a bad start, let's see how things go from here.

The Colts need to scrap the pitch, it isn't going to work the same as the stretch, so either run the stretch, or come up with a new way to run outside.
Agreed, especially if the tackles are Charlie Johnson and Ryan Diem, and the blocking tight ends are inexperienced young guys like Tom Santi and Gijon Robinson. I was glad to see them run a few shotgun draws in the second half, at least.

And I liked the two-point conversion play the Colts used, which thankfully worked. That is a run play that is up Dom's alley.

MaxV
09-16-2008, 10:03 AM
You guys should check out this week's Polian Show on colts.com. He discusses several interesting topics, including the reason for using the pitch more often.

He states that it's easier on Peyton and on the rookie OLs.

Dam8610
09-16-2008, 10:54 AM
I don't disagree that Hayden makes more plays on the ball and ends up with more interceptions, but that's because teams throw at Hayden more than they do at Marlin Jackson.

Which speaks to Marlin's coverage ability, although of course, it's not as though I have the coaches film to check for myself. But I think a great deal of Marlin's coverage ability, such that I would be inclined to believe that train of thought.

I'd love for the team to lock-up both Jackson and Hayden long-term though, hopefully to good deals for the team and for both guys. Don't get me wrong, I love having both as our starting corners. I think they are severely underrated as one of the league's absolute best pairings. Both guys very physical and can cover.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to keep both, but if I had to choose, I'd choose Hayden without a second thought, and it's for his coverage, not so much his playmaking ability. The Vikings game is the latest example of him just blanketing his man, yet for some reason they kept targeting him. I honestly wonder if he even let someone he was covering make a catch, I certainly don't remember one. Marlin is a really good corner, but there have been a few times where he's been beat in coverage, including at least one really bad play against the Vikings where his man was wide open and T-Jack connected. I'd give Marlin a slight edge in run support, but overall, I have to say Hayden is the better CB. Both are definitely worth keeping though IMO.

Honestly, Bethea is leaving me lukewarm to the point where I'd let him walk as a free agent after '09. Bethea has some ballhawk skills, but if feels like they don't always show up consistently every so often, and now we're seeing some of the bad tackling angles from '06 come up at times this season. Maybe he's just having a bad start, let's see how things go from here.

Couldn't agree more. Where did the playmaker that looked like a ballhawking missile go? He's looked a shell of his former self thus far, hopefully he can turn it around sooner than later.

Agreed, especially if the tackles are Charlie Johnson and Ryan Diem, and the blocking tight ends are inexperienced young guys like Tom Santi and Gijon Robinson. I was glad to see them run a few shotgun draws in the second half, at least.

Really, at this point, I'd be happy to see an almost exclusive shotgun offense if Peyton can't run the stretch. It would allow the OL more room for error and give Peyton a jump on the play IMO. Once the stretch can be run again, I'd like to see the singleback formation back, but until then, why bother with it if the only outside runs the team is capable of involve the pitch?

redviper311
09-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Bob Sanders could miss 4-6wks with a high ankle sprain. This is getting to the point beyond frustration. We are paying him how much and he can’t give us one full season. This season is beginning to look like a joke might as well chalk this one up.

redviper311
09-17-2008, 10:14 AM
This is a very intresting article, check it out: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080917/SPORTS03/809170373/1100

Geo
09-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Sanders might miss four games or so, he'll be back this season. Week 4 is the Colts' bye.

The team is banged up badly right now, but it's only the start of the season. Guys are going to come back sooner rather than later. And as long as the team can get into the playoffs, and be healthy and hot, that is what really matters.

redviper311
09-17-2008, 02:40 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/09/17/sanders.out.ap/index.html

Quick snap shot of the article:

LT Tony Ugoh ruled out against the Jags this Sunday with a groin injury.
TE Dallas Clark (knee) is possibly a go against the Jags this Sunday as long as he can stay healthy in practice.
C Jeff Saturday (knee) will play against the Jags this Sunday.

MaxV
09-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Oh man, Charlie Johnson at LT again?

Geo
09-17-2008, 03:33 PM
I have a hunch he'll play better this year, of course mediocre is a step up from abysmal.

I wonder who the back-up offensive tackle will be, Dan Federkeil? Assuming Saturday is back and playing that is, which is a remarkable recovery.

chad72
09-17-2008, 03:55 PM
I have a hunch he'll play better this year, of course mediocre is a step up from abysmal.

I wonder who the back-up offensive tackle will be, Dan Federkeil? Assuming Saturday is back and playing that is, which is a remarkable recovery.

I remember the job Michael Toudouze did against Merriman and co. in the Chargers game last year in the absence of Ugoh. If there is one position where we do not have good depth, it is the LT position. Charlie Johnson, I am not sure he will hold up against 3-4 defenses against quicker LBs, he might hold up against big D-linemen but a tackle needs more nimble feet against pass rushing LBs.

Geo
09-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Toudouze is thankfully on the practice squad, isn't he? I think so.

I like him too, he looked good last season from what I saw of him. Seems like the Colts' coaching staff just don't like him as much.

chad72
09-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Toudouze is thankfully on the practice squad, isn't he? I think so.

I like him too, he looked good last season from what I saw of him. Seems like the Colts' coaching staff just don't like him as much.

Unfortunately, he is not even on the practice squad:( .

Geo
09-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Yes he is (http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=roster)?

chad72
09-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Well, at least there is some hope if Ugoh is out for a long time, with Michael Toudouze. Ugoh must be made of glass, like Dallas Clark on offense, cannot stay healthy for a long time. Sanders, I can understand, it is his reckless style of play.

redviper311
09-18-2008, 10:11 AM
As reported by EPSN TE Dallas Clark and C Jeff Saturday are expected to start this Sunday against the Jaguars.

Well that is good news as long they don't risk any futher injuries, but I would rather them be held out this week and we have the bye week next week to get them health and ready to go. Your thoughts?

Geo
09-18-2008, 10:16 AM
So far at least, if you check out the Colts.com Injury Report (http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=injuryreport).

If Clark can practice all week, I think he will be a definite go. Saturday, probably is a definite go if he can practice for a second week and his knee responds well to that. Still, he's so far ahead of schedule, maybe they will be cautious with him and wait until after the bye week.

It will be interesting to see who plays at the guard spots, if/when Saturday comes back.

redviper311
09-18-2008, 10:26 AM
So far at least, if you check out the Colts.com Injury Report (http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=injuryreport).

If Clark can practice all week, I think he will be a definite go. Saturday, probably is a definite go if he can practice for a second week and his knee responds well to that. Still, he's so far ahead of schedule, maybe they will be cautious with him and wait until after the bye week.

It will be interesting to see who plays at the guard spots, if/when Saturday comes back.

If Saturday plays I would like to see Daniel Federkeil move to LT since Tony Ugoh is out. Move Steve Justice to RG in place of Daniel Federkeil and finally move Charlie Johnson back inside to LG where he belongs. But I would not be opposed to moving Jamey Richard to RG instead of Steve Justice.

Confusing I know but based on what I have seen I think this would be the best option till we get Mike Pollak, Ryan Llija off the PUP, and Tony Ugoh back.

Geo
09-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Charlie has more experience at left tackle than the rest of the roster combined. He played Jared Allen well enough down the stretch of the Vikings' game once he got legs underneath him.

Yes, he didn't play very well at Jacksonville on MNF a year ago, but let's give him a chance now I say.

Besides, moving guys all around where they haven't practiced a lot could be asking for disaster on Sundays.

redviper311
09-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Charlie has more experience at left tackle than the rest of the roster combined. He played Jared Allen well enough down the stretch of the Vikings' game once he got legs underneath him.

Yes, he didn't play very well at Jacksonville on MNF a year ago, but let's give him a chance now I say.

Besides, moving guys all around where they haven't practiced a lot could be asking for disaster on Sundays.

I can't argue against that point, but from breaking down tape on our line from pre-season till now I just listed them based on where they are better suited imo. Your right Geo Charlie did hold his on 60% of the time against Allen, but Daniel Federkeil has a bigger wing span than Johnson not to mention slightly a little more quicker. Johnson looked sluggish at times against Allen, but that could be due to playing out of position some.

Geo
09-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Maybe Tom Santi helps Charlie out, blocking on his side, to give Peyton time to find Wayne, Clark, and Gonzo down the field.

Hopefully Ryan Diem plays well, to man the other side on his lonesome. I don't know if he's been anything above average these first two games.

The Jags might throw their two rookie pass-rushers against the Colts, but those young guys might not have much in the way of technique and moves thus far in their careers.

redviper311
09-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Maybe Tom Santi helps Charlie out, blocking on his side, to give Peyton time to find Wayne, Clark, and Gonzo down the field.

Hopefully Ryan Diem plays well, to man the other side on his lonesome. I don't know if he's been anything above average these first two games.

The Jags might throw their two rookie pass-rushers against the Colts, but those young guys might not have much in the way of technique and moves thus far in their careers.

By placing Tom Santi on the blind side next to Johnson could provide Manning some extra time, but Santi is a rookie still so how effective will he be will reamin to be seen. But I like the train of thought and I see where you are going with this. I like it.

chad72
09-19-2008, 11:49 AM
The Jags D is not just confined to rushing 4 in a 4-3 front all the time, thanks to their new D co-ordinator Greg Williams. They do more than the occasional blitz, they blitz more frequently now with their LBs. Seeing what they saw on film with the Vikings and Bears, they are going to crowd the LOS again. Tony Dungy should just run practice with the Colts front four going against Manning and crowd the LOS with Philip Wheeler, Marcus Howard and Clint Session to blitz on and off to help Manning get used to it more and convert the big play because defenses are daring us to get the big play since they know Harrison cannot get separation and our O-line cannot give Manning enough time.

My concern with Charlie Johnson is when he has to deal with blitzing LBs, he does not have the nimble feet like a tackle (Ugoh) to deal with LBs that are quicker than D-linemen, he is built for guard. That is one reason I am glad we are not playing a 3-4 defense till we get to the Pats by the time which Ugoh should be back. Then come the Steelers, Chargers, and Browns with the athletic LBs. Like you all said, having Tom Santi or a RB to help for all blitz plays would be a safe option, IMO.

Plus, Ryan Diem's protection on the right side concerns me as well, he does not play like a $6.3 mil a year guy, makes too many mistakes for someone with his experience, that has got to change.

chad72
09-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I was making a point about the Jags D being different. The main reason they are struggling is not because of their defense, it is because, just like the Colts, their O-line is banged up, and they produced 10 points against the Titans and 16 against the Bills (the Colts had 13 against the Bears, 18 against the Vikings).

Geo
09-19-2008, 12:43 PM
I always thought Gregg Williams never blitzed enough when he was in Washington. We'll see how much he dials up this week, especially if Jeff Saturday is back.

If Dallas Clark is back too, which my guess is he will, I'd rather have him on the field with Reggie and Gonzo than Harrison. Get the waste of space off the field and get a real playmaker in there imo, I care much more about the Colts getting the win (and making the Jags 0-3) than I do about Harrison further padding his career stats thanks to Peyton.

Also Justin Durant is dinged up for the Jags I read, if he doesn't play that is a loss for them, he's a talented young linebacker with coverage ability.

chad72
09-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Addai and Rhodes need to be involved in more pass plays, IMO. Plus, Dallas Clark being back will be a huge relief valve to Peyton. But unless we hit Dallas Clark down the middle or Gonzo and Wayne down the edges and burn the LBs and/or safeties for being too agressive, the Jags will do what the others have done, come strong and hard by crowding the LOS.

Plus, our WRs need to concentrate on the big play. I remember during a playoff game (in 2005, I think) someone commenting about the fact that BB used a broomstick to simulate Stroud and Henderson before the Pats played the Jags so that Brady can throw passes over the outstretched arms of those big D-linemen and he was very good doing that in the game as well.

I have seen Wayne drop balls that barely beat the DB but he couldn't concentrate and hold on with soft hands (Pats game last year against Hobbs, this year against the Vikings, don't know who the DB was). Then I saw Gonzo do the same against the Bears. There will always be throws that barely beat the DB, our WRs just need to do a better job concentrating, that is the key to making the big plays. We all know if they all made those catches, they were all TDs waiting for them. Maybe the broom technique would help:) and simulate the ball not appearing till the last moment over the broom and you concentrate to hold on to it.

The Unseen
09-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Gregg Williams has dialed up the blitz for sure - Mike Smith was (is?) very vanilla. But every moment I can remember in the pass two games when he's called for a blitz on a crucial down, it's been negative. I know I'm glossing over some instances in my memory, but it has been by-and-large bad timing so far.

redviper311
09-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Great points Chad and Geo.

The keys to beating the Jags this weekend will have to start up front with the line on both sides of the ball. The O-line will have to give Manning and Co. enough time to make the plays needed to extend the drive and put points on the board. The D-line will have to contain the dynamic duo of Drew-Jones and Taylor (easier said than done)and force Gerald to beat us with is arm. If the Line on both sides can control the game for 60mins then the Colts should have no problems winning this one.

MaxV
09-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Sorry guys, I've merged the "Jags D may be different" with this one.

The Unseen
09-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Good game guys. Peyton Manning is too good. too. good.

UKfan
09-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Good game guys. Peyton Manning is too good. too. good.

Nicely said, was a good game, your ball control run offense just killed us, we need Ed Johnson back.

RCAChainGang
09-21-2008, 06:24 PM
We had no business winning that game.

Nothing went right...

Geo
09-21-2008, 07:15 PM
1. Stupidity, stupidity. stupidity. Morons create mistakes, which keeps games closer than they should be, which allow for you to lose the close games. Idiots. I'd need four hands to count up all of the stupid mistakes and errors from this game, which the Colts should have won. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to take anything away from the Jags, especially when they made a great drive at the end of the game to win it, but imo the Colts should have won the game. They made so many stupid mistakes that it kept the game close enough for the Jags to win it, which they did to their credit and to pretty much save their season. Dimwits.

(1a. And I don't want to hear **** about the refs, if some Colts fans are actually going to go there. Please, the Colts were stupid and have themselves to blame. Nimrods.)

2. Place blame on the defense if you want, goodness knows the pathetic blown/missed tackles deserve it. I can only imagine (and hope) that this is the worst game of Clint Session's career, I had visions of Gilbert Gardner all over again. Just get Philip Wheeler in there until Tyjuan Hagler is healthy again please, no more **** with a WLB trying to play SLB. Please Coach Dungy, I plead you to make the move now with the bye week approaching.

3. ... but I place more blame on the Colts offense, personally. Colts should have won the game if the offense didn't disappoint more. Everyone, except for the offensive line and the runningbacks. And that includes Peyton Manning. Who can revert to a stupid pass-happy idiot on occassion, if today didn't tell you that already. Nevermind Wayne dropped a ball that hit his chest, forgetting he had arms and hands. The second interception ... I can't put into words how blatantly and mind-numbingly stupid that was. And I won't even comment on that POS Harrison, I've said what I had to say already. At least a decoy doesn't steal targets from Wayne, Gonzalez, and Clark. But the offensive line played well for the most part, with a few miscues. Jeff Saturday came back and did well in the running game even.

4. The last offensive drive basically sums it up: 1st and 2 yards to end zone, and he throws two passes before finally running the ball on 3rd down. You think, dumbass? What's the rush, literally and figuratively? Run the ball! God forbid you run the ball twice in a row the entire game! (Which I'm 90% sure they didn't.) It's not like, hmm, the running game was working all game (I don't think Jacksonville had one negative stop all day) or the defense needed time to rest. You've thrown almost 90 pass attempts before this game, you can't let the team run the ball now when it's successful? Come on. Shotgun draw goes for 10 and 20 yards, so let's not use it more than two times just like we didn't use it the first two weeks and the Jags were dropping in coverage so much. Retards.

5. I can't recall the Colts making so many stupid mistakes and errors in three consecutive games as these first three games have exhibited. And that includes all of last year, riddled by injuries. The Colts offense can't carry the run defense like in '06 if they play this stupid, see today. Coach Dungy needs to stop coddling these players and make sure the critical goal of execution, in any role and every responsibility, comes across clearly these next two weeks.

Dam8610
09-21-2008, 07:22 PM
(1a. And I don't want to hear **** about the refs, if some Colts fans are actually going to go there. Please, the Colts were stupid and have themselves to blame. Nimrods.)

I don't care what you want to say, Rashean Mathis pulling Marvin Harrison to the ground to get a pick six is an illegal play that the refs were selectively blind about. The rest of the game, sure, the Colts did stupid things, but to call that pick six anything but getting away with blatant cheating is simply ignorant of the rules of football and the NFL. The refs handed Jacksonville 7 points in a game decided by 2. There were many other factors to it, but a rightful DPI call there gives the Colts a win.

Geo
09-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Harrison has no speed anymore, before he'd burn past McGrabalot. Dallas Clark would have had a full step ahead of Mathis on that touchdown, Harrison was easily step for step. It's a pathetic sight.

It wasn't until Jacksonville put Will James on Harrison (!!!), that he finally looked like a decent NFL wide receiver in the fourth quarter. Can Will James line up against Harrison every remaining week please?

Btw, the Colts had two drives in the third quarter, and I'm pretty sure they were both three-and-outs. Like I said, personally I blame the offense more than I do the defense for this loss. The defense made mistakes, but at least they held the Jags to field goals. The Colts could have moved the ball and scored more points, they had the personnel to do better (unlike the defense) but were too stupid.

Geo
09-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Thank goodness the AFC is so wide open this year. The Colts at 1-2 already still can easily finish with a top seed.

Dam8610
09-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Harrison has no speed anymore, before he'd burn past McGrabalot. Dallas Clark would have had a full step ahead of Mathis on that touchdown, Harrison was easily step for step. It's a pathetic sight.

You do realize Marvin had Mathis burned about three times, and Manning overthrew him each time, right? He was WIDE OPEN, would've gone for a TD in the first Q, Randy Cross called Manning's throw a "duck", and it was an accurate description. Then Marvin was behind him again and in the endzone when there was another overthrow that caused another DPI to go uncalled.

Btw, the Colts had two drives in the third quarter, and I'm pretty sure they were both three-and-outs. Like I said, personally I blame the offense more than I do the defense for this loss. The defense made mistakes, but at least they held the Jags to field goals. The Colts could have moved the ball and scored more points, they had the personnel to do better (unlike the defense) but were too stupid.

The offense? The offense scored 21 points in 18:30 on the field. That's good production for any unit. If you're going to put the blame on any unit on the Colts, it HAS to be the defense. Personally, I feel that all aspects of the team played well enough to win, the problem was their opponents were handed 7 points, which allowed them to play the game they wanted, rather than being forced into the game the Colts wanted.

RCAChainGang
09-21-2008, 07:56 PM
1. Stupidity, stupidity. stupidity. Morons create mistakes, which keeps games closer than they should be, which allow for you to lose the close games. Idiots. I'd need four hands to count up all of the stupid mistakes and errors from this game, which the Colts should have won. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to take anything away from the Jags, especially when they made a great drive at the end of the game to win it, but imo the Colts should have won the game. They made so many stupid mistakes that it kept the game close enough for the Jags to win it, which they did to their credit and to pretty much save their season. Dimwits.

2. Place blame on the defense if you want, goodness knows the pathetic blown/missed tackles deserve it. I can only imagine (and hope) that this is the worst game of Clint Session's career, I had visions of Gilbert Gardner all over again. Just get Philip Wheeler in there until Tyjuan Hagler is healthy again please, no more **** with a WLB trying to play SLB. Please Coach Dungy, I plead you to make the move now with the bye week approaching.

3. ... but I place more blame on the Colts offense, personally. Colts should have won the game if the offense didn't disappoint more. Everyone, except for the offensive line and the runningbacks. And that includes Peyton Manning. Who can revert to a stupid pass-happy idiot on occassion, if today didn't tell you that already. Nevermind Wayne dropped a ball that hit his chest, forgetting he had arms and hands. The second interception ... I can't put into words how blatantly and mind-numbingly stupid that was. And I won't even comment on that POS Harrison, I've said what I had to say already. At least a decoy doesn't steal targets from Wayne, Gonzalez, and Clark. But the offensive line played well for the most part, with a few miscues. Jeff Saturday came back and did well in the running game even.

4. The last offensive drive basically sums it up: 1st and 2 yards to end zone, and he throws two passes before finally running the ball on 3rd down. You think, dumbass? What's the rush, literally and figuratively? Run the ball! God forbid you run the ball twice in a row the entire game! (Which I'm 90% sure they didn't.) It's not like, hmm, the running game was working all game (I don't think Jacksonville had one negative stop all day) or the defense needed time to rest. You've thrown almost 90 pass attempts before this game, you can't let the team run the ball now when it's successful? Come on. Shotgun draw goes for 10 and 20 yards, so let's not use it more than two times just like we didn't use it the first two weeks and the Jags were dropping in coverage so much. Retards.

5. I can't recall the Colts making so many stupid mistakes and errors in three consecutive games as these first three games have exhibited. And that includes all of last year, riddled by injuries. The Colts offense can't carry the run defense like in '06 if they play this stupid, see today. Coach Dungy needs to stop coddling these players and make sure the critical goal of execution, in any role and every responsibility, comes across clearly these next two weeks.

I agree with all this.

The wide outs were just stupid.
Wayne is showing he has no hands.
I am only happy with Gonzalez.

We are too pass happy and I don't even want to think about the linebackers.

RCAChainGang
09-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Thank goodness the AFC is so wide open this year. The Colts at 1-2 already still can easily finish with a top seed.

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!? You kiddin me?

http://static.dailymotion.com/dyn/preview/320x240/5970993.jpg

MaxV
09-21-2008, 08:09 PM
This is sad. REALLY sad. I'm not giving up, but they obviously aren't going anywhere if they continue to play like this.

Geo
09-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Although if the Colts offense and defense both play exactly like they did today, the playoffs could be missed. They can play better though.

Mini-bits:
Good to see the Colts' running game look good for the first time this season, for what it's worth. Joseph Addai and Dom Rhodes looked so much better, with the offensive line playing better and some better playcalling from the previous two weeks.
I don't know if I can blame Tim Jennings, really. Shouldn't receivers tall as 6' 3" to 6' 6" take advantage of a 5' 8" corner? That's like scientifically proven. :p His coverage isn't awful anyway, he's not Jason David with the Saints.
Jennings is a very good special teamer btw, coming up with another huge second-half ST play for a consecutive week.
Steve Justice did some good things at left guard, from what I saw. Had a false start early on.
Another week, another offensive lineman going down. This time Federkeil, with Richard taking his place at RG. Michael Toudouze should get ready for a call-up.
Bob Sanders could have likely helped the Colts' run defense today, although I don't think Melvin Bullitt was anywhere near the weakest link. I wouldn't put the blame on him.

Geo
09-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Joseph Addai getting only 16 carries today, when he was running very well and had carried the ball 27 times the last two weeks, with the bye week coming up?

Or Joseph Addai going into the bye week having only 4 total catches?

The Unseen
09-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Joseph Addai getting only 16 carries today, when he was running very well and had carried the ball 27 times the last two weeks, with the bye week coming up?

Or Joseph Addai going into the bye week having only 4 total catches?

It's hard to get alot of carries in when your teams has around 18 minutes of TOP. If you extrapolate those carries to 30 minutes of possession, that's 27 carries. Not bad.

Geo
09-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Not sure that works. Would you extrapolate Manning's 29 pass attempts? The Jaguars had the ball over 40 minutes, and Garrard had only 22 pass attempts. That's called smart football, to keep running the ball when it is successful.

1st Quarter
First drive of the game
1-10-IND 49 (14:43) (No Huddle) 29-J.Addai left end to JAC 44 for 7 yards (29-B.Williams, 54-M.Peterson).
2-3-JAC 44 (14:09) (No Huddle) 29-J.Addai left tackle to JAC 39 for 5 yards (51-C.Ingram, 29-B.Williams).

Second drive
1-10-IND 7 (9:28) 29-J.Addai left tackle to IND 14 for 7 yards (51-C.Ingram).
2-3-IND 14 (8:46) (No Huddle) 29-J.Addai right end to IND 17 for 3 yards (27-R.Mathis).

2nd Quarter
1-10-IND 26 (5:05) 29-J.Addai left tackle to IND 35 for 9 yards (52-D.Smith, 51-C.Ingram).
2-1-IND 35 (4:29) (No Huddle) 29-J.Addai right end to IND 35 for no gain (25-R.Nelson).
3-1-IND 35 (3:47) (Run formation) 29-J.Addai left end to IND 41 for 6 yards (25-R.Nelson).
... same drive ...
1-15-JAC 25 (2:16) 38-D.Rhodes left end to JAC 5 for 20 yards (25-R.Nelson).
Two-Minute Warning
1-5-JAC 5 (2:00) 29-J.Addai up the middle to JAC 3 for 2 yards (43-G.Sensabaugh).
2-3-JAC 3 (1:33) (No Huddle) 29-J.Addai right tackle for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

3rd quarter
Jaguars use up the first 8:40, but their drive ends with a Hayden interception. Here's how the Colts come out:

1-10-JAC 47 (6:19) 29-J.Addai left end pushed ob at JAC 38 for 9 yards (29-B.Williams).
2-1-JAC 38 (6:06) (No Huddle) 29-J.Addai right tackle to JAC 35 for 3 yards (92-R.Meier).
1-10-JAC 35 (5:33) (No Huddle) 18-P.Manning pass deep middle intended for 88-M.Harrison INTERCEPTED by 29-B.Williams at JAC 2. 29-B.Williams to JAC 29 for 27 yards (61-J.Richard).

Jaguars then execute a 4-minute touchdown scoring drive, to lead 17-14. The Colts come out for their second possession in the third quarter as follows:

1-10-IND 20 (1:17) 38-D.Rhodes left end to IND 24 for 4 yards (51-C.Ingram, 21-D.Florence).
2-6-IND 24 (:40) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short middle to 44-D.Clark to IND 25 for 1 yard (98-J.Henderson).
3-5-IND 25 (:01) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass incomplete short middle to 38-D.Rhodes [95-P.Spicer].
END QUARTER 3

Notice how the Colts were successful with consecutive rushes. I count 6 times it happened, and all 6 times they got the first down or touchdown in one case.

For as much as Peyton Manning won the game last week at Minnesota, one could argue he cost the Colts this game with his two very stupid interceptions and abandoning the successful running game. The former lead to two touchdown by the Jags, one by the defense (easy 7 pts) and the second by the offense (successful against a tired Colts defense).

Plus Manning was bailed out on two big passing plays by a great one-handed catch from Dallas Clark on the first drive, and then a deep ball to Reggie Wayne that Drayton Florence horribly misplayed.

Dam8610
09-22-2008, 11:07 AM
For as much as Peyton Manning won the game last week at Minnesota, one could argue he cost the Colts this game with his two very stupid interceptions and abandoning the successful running game. The former lead to two touchdown by the Jags, one by the defense (easy 7 pts) and the second by the offense (successful against a tired Colts defense).

Sure, you could argue that...if you completely ignore the fact that Mathis dragged Marvin to the ground and turned what should have been a 5 yard gain on a hot read due to poor pass protection into a "stupid" interception, and somehow got away with it without any recourse from the referees. I will say this: I NEVER want Walt Coleman to be an official in a Colts game again. That fool is nothing but trouble and has now cost the Colts two games thanks to his - shall we say - odd interpretation of passing rules.

Geo
09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Check out the 1:27 mark. (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80afef7f)

Manning rushed the throw too soon because he was scared of the pressure, and he threw a stupid ball Harrison's way. (With Mathis able to be all over Harrison now that he has no speed.) Just like he threw a stupid ball later in the game Harrison's way, pitifully underthrown into double coverage with a third Jags defensive back coming in to make the interception. Just like he threw a stupid interception Harrison's way against the Vikings which Winfield made him pay for it, and then threw a very inaccurate ball to Reggie Wayne over the middle which the Vikes intercepted in the 4th quarter.

Let's be honest, ever since maybe the Dallas game of 2006 or thereabouts, Peyton Manning has a tendency to throw one stupid pick every game. I don't understand it, but I have definitely noticed it. And it definitely happened in both Jags games last season.

Hopefully this bye week and Jeff Saturday being back helps Peyton truly get back to form. And hopefully Jim Caldwell can be successful again drilling patience and smart decisions back into his skull.

Geo
09-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Keep your chins up, Colts fans. Don't be worried, ignore the whining know-nothing sheep that drag down the fanbase unfortunately, and here's seven lucky reasons why:

1. The defense, despite all of their missed tackles and blown assignments, has allowed 20 points to Chicago, 15 points to Minnesota, and 16 points to Jacksonville. An average of 17 pts per game, which is good. Especially when paired with the offense which should definitely score more than that.

2. Tyjuan Hagler will hopefully be good to go after Week 6. The sooner the Colts replace Clint Session, a very promising WLB, with a better SLB in Hagler (last year's starter) or rookie Philip Wheeler, the better. Goodness knows there's an idiot Colts fan somewhere asking about Rob Morris, ugh.

3. Just like there is someone asking about trading for a DT, and coming up with some laughably bad ideas I'm sure. Give me a break. Daniel Muir hasn't been healthy enough to play yet but he likely will after the bye, and LaJuan Ramsey is playing more in the defense since the Colts acquired him. This isn't 2006 when the Colts didn't have anyone before Anthony McFarland came in, and even then McFarland didn't change the run defense automatically. The Colts' personnel is fine, it's all about execution.

4. The offense is getting better as Manning recovers from his preseason knee surgery. They have scored 9 points, 18 points, and now 21 points. The running game looked very good against an ultra-motivated Jaguars defense, now that they are running the stretch play again.

5. The Colts have Peyton Manning. There is no quarterback I'd rather have in the league.

6. Special teams look good, amazing as it is to say.

7. The AFC is up in the air this year.

So don't distress.

MaxV
09-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I could be wrong, but I think 3 of the 4 INTs that Peyton has thrown this season were passes intended for Marvin. Am I correct?

Marvin will always be one of my favorite players of all time and I hope to see him go to HOF, but he looks finished.

Geo
09-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Your numbers are correct, Max. Not to mention the costly fumbles in the Bears game and the Chargers playoff game back in January.

If I try to think back to the 2006 playoffs, I believe 6 interceptions came from Manning going to Harrison. 3 versus Kansas City, 1 versus Baltimore, 1 versus New England, and 1 versus Chicago. And he didn't even produce one touchdown, unsurprisingly.

I hate that the presence of Harrison is taking away from Wayne, Gonzalez, and Clark. Those guys are studs and playmakers. Add Addai and Rhodes in the passing game for that matter. All of those guys should be getting Peyton's targets, they are younger and better. Why can't Peyton and the Colts realize this? Coach Dungy is probably too nice to demote Harrison to fourth receiver as he should be.

Don't worry about Harrison though, he'll get into the Hall of Fame with his numbers and at least one Super Bowl ring. The Colts have paid him handsomely through the years. Age has caught with him now and he needs to go ASAP though, get Roy Hall and Pierre Garcon in there.

Dam8610
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Check out the 1:27 mark. (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80afef7f)

Manning rushed the throw too soon because he was scared of the pressure, and he threw a stupid ball Harrison's way. (With Mathis able to be all over Harrison now that he has no speed.) Just like he threw a stupid ball later in the game Harrison's way, pitifully underthrown into double coverage with a third Jags defensive back coming in to make the interception. Just like he threw a stupid interception Harrison's way against the Vikings which Winfield made him pay for it, and then threw a very inaccurate ball to Reggie Wayne over the middle which the Vikes intercepted in the 4th quarter.

I looked at it again, and Marvin had Mathis beat on the inside, which was all he needed. Honestly, Peyton misplaced that ball a little, but the key to that play, as you can obviously see in that replay, was Mathis grabbing the jersey to move Harrison and get to the ball. If he doesn't grab the jersey, Marvin gets to the ball, and it's 2nd and 5. Here I thought things like that were why the pass interference rule was in the book. Silly me.

chad72
09-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Man, Jeff Saturday does make a difference for our running game.

Plus, when you are running so well, why do you not have run plays with about 1:20 and odd to go at 1st and goal? You would have made Jacksonville use 2 timeouts and without all 3 timeouts in tact, they cannot dink and dunk to FG range, they would have needed long passes. I guess since we were down by about 6 points, he had to run the plays they felt would best get them a TD. But even if the first 2 runs fail, the 3rd run, they got a TD because the Jags expected pass anyway and our draw play worked. Is our memory short that we don't remember that we ran 3 times from the 11 yard line to win the AFCCG against the Pats?

Plus, when you are running well, and you got the ball back on an INT leading 14-10, why go for the kill? Give our D some fresh legs with rest and run it more. It is true that Manning should not have to worry about the D while playing O. But he should be used to it by now.

Our offense was best in 2005 because we had about a 55-45 balance in pass-to-run. Plus, defensively, our middle with Larry Triplett, Montae Raegor, and Corey Simon was solid.

We cannot fix the defensive side now with dramatic roster changes, but we can get back to that balance against teams where we realize over the course of the game that our run game is working.

Unfortunately, Manning has to be superman everytime he and the O touch the ball on offense with no margin for error because he does not know when he will get the ball again:).

Besides, what happened to our pass rush on 3rd downs, it was like Garrard and Matt Jones pitch and catch with Jennings giving all that cushion. When will they activate Marcus Howard for passing downs? After it has been done 2 times on 3rd down, you would think they would play Matt Jones tighter with safety help and force Garrard to thread the needle on a long 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 8.

Dam8610
09-22-2008, 10:23 PM
3. Just like there is someone asking about trading for a DT, and coming up with some laughably bad ideas I'm sure. Give me a break. Daniel Muir hasn't been healthy enough to play yet but he likely will after the bye, and LaJuan Ramsey is playing more in the defense since the Colts acquired him. This isn't 2006 when the Colts didn't have anyone before Anthony McFarland came in, and even then McFarland didn't change the run defense automatically. The Colts' personnel is fine, it's all about execution.

Thank you, I'm glad someone else actually realizes that poor tackling and blown gap assignments are the problem with the defense, not so much the lack of bulk at DT. Sure, that doesn't help matters, but it's not the end all be all of the problems. When you have Fred Taylor dead to rights 3 yards in the backfield and he ends up with a 34 yard gain, lack of bulk at DT is not the problem.

Geo
09-22-2008, 10:45 PM
The bad tackling baffles me, because the team did such a good job last year that I can recall. It's been bad since the preseason and continued on through this last Jags game - the main culprits probably being the outside linebackers and Antoine Bethea. Hopefully Coach Dungy can get the team to really get the fundamentals down from here on out.

I like Freddy Keiaho, he's a big upgrade over Cato June because he can actually tackle, but it seems like he makes as many bad plays as he makes good plays sometimes. The PI call at the end of the game, even if he wasn't conscious of it, isn't the first time this season he has given a team extra downs (where they had none) thanks to penalty. Hopefully it's the last time this season, we'll see. Honestly I wonder if the Colts should re-sign him, given this and his history of being dinged up. They still have time to decide, he's signed through '09 and this is only his second season as a starter. Still a very promising player.

And is it just me or does LaJuan Ramsey just stand out whenever he's on the field? LOL, he looks huge. And I think he did some good things against the Jags, helping limit their running game some on first and second downs, it's just too bad the Colts couldn't get some stops on third downs (to the Jags' credit, they executed very well on a number of least risky plays). I'm so looking forward to seeing Muir play and Ramsey continue to contribute in the rotation, really I'm excited.

I think the defense will be okay, and the offense will get better, which all bodes well for the Colts' chances of winning. The team travels to Houston in two weeks, the Texans have a talented offense but their pass defense leaves some to be desired. Hopefully the Colts offense can take advantage of that match-up so the team can get to a somewhat acceptable 2-2 start. They must finish the first quarter of the season with a win, especially one in the division.

RCAChainGang
09-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Those two Titans games will be big down the road.

And the Titans will start losing again with Vince.

Geo
09-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Listen here. (http://insider.espn.go.com/proxy/Proxy.dll/insider/espnradio/player?context=insider&id=3603972&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fpro xy%2fProxy.dll%2finsider%2fespnradio%2fplayer%3fco ntext%3dinsider%26id%3d3603972)

Peyton putting the blame and the onus to get better on himself foremost is just another reason to respect the guy so much. I just hopes he trusts the running game a little more, like he has the last few years, now that it is working again with the stretch play back in the offense. Especially with the Houston Texans in Week 5, Joe Addai always plays well against his hometown team.

I'd love to see Addai and Dom Rhodes combine for 30-plus total touches a game. Kenton Keith is gone and Addai is healthier than last year, let's roll with these guys. The best thing for the Colts is to run the ball well, which can keep pressure off of Peyton, give the passing offense the deadly threat of play action too, and to give the speedy Colts defense more time to rest.

RCAChainGang
09-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Listen here. (http://insider.espn.go.com/proxy/Proxy.dll/insider/espnradio/player?context=insider&id=3603972&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fpro xy%2fProxy.dll%2finsider%2fespnradio%2fplayer%3fco ntext%3dinsider%26id%3d3603972)

Peyton putting the blame and the onus to get better on himself foremost is just another reason to respect the guy so much. I just hopes he trusts the running game a little more, like he has the last few years, now that it is working again with the stretch play back in the offense. Especially with the Houston Texans in Week 5, Joe Addai always plays well against his hometown team.

I'd love to see Addai and Dom Rhodes combine for 30-plus total touches a game. Kenton Keith is gone and Addai is healthier than last year, let's roll with these guys. The best thing for the Colts is to run the ball well, which can keep pressure off of Peyton, give the passing offense the deadly threat of play action too, and to give the speedy Colts defense more time to rest.

Yeah, Peyton is so humble and you just have to respect him. Like you said Geo its not only things he needs to fix, but just to balance the offense more. It is so predictable now.

I can't wait for the Titans game in week 8! This will give us a major leg up on the difference between us if we win. I am curious to see if the Titans can keep it up. There D is great, but it seems that their offense can be dead weight at times. They can be very prone to mistakes. Thats where we have to hit them.

Of course this season has barely begun and there is still so many games to be played and we don't want to get ahead of ourselves. Who knows the Titans may lose to Minnesota or certainly maybe Baltimore and we can tie it (Essentially take the lead) up with a head on shot at the Titans.

I do think that Peyton Manning has the right idea and as always has his head screwed on straight. That was a good listen and very reassuring.

,Thank you Geo.

chad72
09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Maybe we are meant to have our first home win against the city of Baltimore where we got Mayflowered from:).

RCAChainGang
09-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Maybe we are meant to have our first home win against the city of Baltimore where we got Mayflowered from:).

How would that be meant to be?

One season as the Titans losing to Baltimore?

chad72
09-26-2008, 01:23 PM
How would that be meant to be?

One season as the Titans losing to Baltimore?

I have had online conversations with so many bitter Baltimore fans about how the Colts left their city and personally, it would be sweet to beat the Ravens for our first win at the Lucas Oil Stadium.

What does the "One season as the Titans losing to Baltimore?" comment mean?

After seeing what Steve Slaton did to the Titans, I believe Adrian Peterson can run on the Titans and the Vikes might surprise the Titans, now that would be sweet as well:cool: .

RCAChainGang
09-27-2008, 11:16 AM
I have had online conversations with so many bitter Baltimore fans about how the Colts left their city and personally, it would be sweet to beat the Ravens for our first win at the Lucas Oil Stadium.

What does the "One season as the Titans losing to Baltimore?" comment mean?

After seeing what Steve Slaton did to the Titans, I believe Adrian Peterson can run on the Titans and the Vikes might surprise the Titans, now that would be sweet as well:cool: .

Oh I see what your saying now bro. I thought you posted this in reply to my comments on games the Titans will lose in.

I live in Tennessee so I'm getting a lot of crap for the Titans. GO VIKINGS! Who is with me?

Geo
09-28-2008, 11:28 PM
So the Texans moved the ball and scored on the Jags like I expected them to, but unfortunately for them, their own porous defense couldn't help them get the close win. So this means the Colts will be facing a winless Texans team in Houston next Sunday.

I'm sure they will be highly motivated, but hopefully the Colts offense can score enough to get the win. Plus hopefully the Colts defense can continue to not break in terms of the scoreboard, and Colts special teams (which Houston took advantage of to stay in their home game last year) to continue to play well. Colts need to get a win, and that means executing and playing sharper than what they've thus far exhibited.

chad72
09-29-2008, 12:36 PM
The Colts are pretty good coming off a bye. I expect Addai to play well in his hometown Houston. Expect 2 TDs for him.

If we have our 300 lb DTs (LaJuan Ramsey and Dan Muir) healthy for the NT rotation (looking forward to injury report), that would mean our LBs would be more effective. Besides, Steve Slaton catches a lot of screen passes, so our LBs and safeties will be tested, he catches more than he runs, to be honest. I would like them to go with the more athletic Philip Wheeler instead of Clint Session mainly for the reason of defending those screen passes and Wheeler being bigger can ward off O-linemen better than Session.

Hagler will be back for the Packers game (according to BP interview) and Sanders and Lilja may be back for the Titans game.

MaxV
09-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Acctually, historically speaking, Colts aren't good coming off the bye.

But, hopefully, this one will help us.

Geo
09-29-2008, 01:56 PM
The Colts' record under Coach Dungy in the game following the bye week is 5-1 actually. And that one loss was the '04 home game versus Jacksonville, 24-27.

chad72
09-29-2008, 02:01 PM
In 2005, we beat the Patriots 40-21

In 2006, we beat the Redskins 36-22

In 2007, we beat the Jags 29-7

All these 3 regular season games came after the bye week.

Just use this link and replace the year from 2007 to 2006 & 2005:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=REG&season=2007&week=-1#Week

So the last 3 years, the bye week has been great for us. Maybe you are talking about the playoffs, we are 0-3 after the bye week in the divisional round of the playoffs as a #1 or #2 seed.

At this point, we are not talking playoffs. Playoffs, you kidding me, playoffs?? PLAYOFFS???? Had to throw that Jim Mora Sr. bit in there:).

Geo just beat me to the punch. 5-1 under Dungy is right.

Geo
09-29-2008, 02:03 PM
I would like them to go with the more athletic Philip Wheeler instead of Clint Session mainly for the reason of defending those screen passes and Wheeler being bigger can ward off O-linemen better than Session.

Hagler will be back for the Packers game (according to BP interview) and Sanders and Lilja may be back for the Titans game.
At this point, they will probably keep Session in until Hagler is back. Coach Dungy doesn't throw rookie linebackers into his defense, unless injury necessitates it. At least Session has three games' worth of experience at SLB already, might as well hope for the best for two more games.

Also, I wonder if Lilja will be ready to go for the Packers game like Hagler hopefully will.

Dam8610
09-30-2008, 03:38 AM
At this point, they will probably keep Session in until Hagler is back. Coach Dungy doesn't throw rookie linebackers into his defense, unless injury necessitates it. At least Session has three games' worth of experience at SLB already, might as well hope for the best for two more games.

Gilbert Gardner had over 10 games of experience at SLB when he was replaced, and there were times against Jacksonville where Session had the same problems.

chad72
10-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Just read the Polian corner, both our 300 lb NTs are healthy, and our 4 TEs are healthy as well, awesome news. The bad news is that Sanders is out till the Patriots game, most likely. Here is the article link:

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=6e0c8e6b-2006-4f6a-a9b1-5b56de1737bf

Here is the question to BP:

Q: Do you expect many lineup changes coming out of the bye?

A: I wouldn’t expect too many lineup changes. At the receiver position, we’re in pretty good shape right now. We need to get (Roy) Hall back to get some depth there, but we’re in pretty good shape at that position. On the offensive line, I think (rookie guard) Mike Pollak has a chance to be back this week (from a knee injury). If (veteran guard) Dan Federkeil can’t go, that’s just a one-for-one trade. Everybody else there is OK. (Center) Jeff Saturday came out fine. (Rookie center/guard) Jamey Richard is fine, so in that sense that group is pretty much as is. (Second-year left tackle) Tony Ugoh may be back, which would mean (veteran) Charlie Johnson would move back to guard. So, you’d have a little bit different alignment, but essentially the same lineup that we started the season with. At running back, thank goodness we’ve been fine and obviously at quarterback, Peyton (Manning) is back to where he was and that’s a pretty good situation. For the first time since the opening game, all four tight ends will be healthy, so that’s a plus for us. Dallas (Clark) came out of the hellacious shot that he took against Jacksonville in pretty good shape. On defense, both of the big guys (tackles Dan Muir and LaJuan Ramsey) are healthy and if they stay that way, they should be OK. Dan Muir is back off a sprained knee. (Safety) Bob Sanders is out, of course, until about the New England game (on November 2), but he’s recuperating on schedule. No big issue there. (Linebacker) Tyjuan Hagler is a couple of weeks away from being back by statute. He can’t come back until the sixth week because he’s on the Physically Unable to Perform list, but he should be in good shape and ready to go the day he is eligible. So, that’s in pretty good shape. Secondarily, other than Bob we’re OK, so we’ll be going into this game probably as healthy as we have been in quite some time.

MaxV
10-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Steve Slaton and the Texans O will be a tough matchup for our D.

We need a win.

RCAChainGang
10-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Ok. I have thought of this for a long time. Now don't get me wrong I love Bob Sanders, but it seems every year he is getting injured. How long is his contract and is he a possibility to let go and replace. I know he's making a good pay and that would give us some cap space. Even when he is on the field he relies on his big hits and doesn't wrap up much. I know without him our D looks terrible, but it seems to me all he serves as is a band-aid before he's injured again. Could we just replace him with a solid starter?

Geo
10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
The Colts just signed Sanders to a big deal, millions would be lost if he was moved now - so in theory alone it is not feasible. I would give it up, honestly. Mr. Irsay and the Colts knew the risks but wanted to sign Sanders long-term, to keep him a Colts player for years to come.

Mike Doss was a solid starter you could say, however Bob Sanders is a playmaker and uplifts the defense with his presence. And you could tell the difference. To find another guy as good as him in the Draft, even using a first round pick, would be very difficult.

It seems you're frustrated a bit, but let's not overreact. As noted above, Sanders is likely to be back for the Patriots game. Which is four weeks from now, that will be here soon. Hopefully Sanders will be healthy and ready to go for the remainder of the season plus the postseason.

The Colts could probably move him to free safety and that would help him stay healthier, plus get the chance to play coverage and get picks, but who could play strong safety like Bob can? And he's the heart and soul of the Colts defense.

RCAChainGang
10-02-2008, 04:06 PM
The Colts just signed Sanders to a big deal, millions would be lost if he was moved now - so in theory alone it is not feasible. I would give it up, honestly. Mr. Irsay and the Colts knew the risks but wanted to sign Sanders long-term, to keep him a Colts player for years to come.

Mike Doss was a solid starter you could say, however Bob Sanders is a playmaker and uplifts the defense with his presence. And you could tell the difference. To find another guy as good as him in the Draft, even using a first round pick, would be very difficult.

It seems you're frustrated a bit, but let's not overreact. As noted above, Sanders is likely to be back for the Patriots game. Which is four weeks from now, that will be here soon. Hopefully Sanders will be healthy and ready to go for the remainder of the season plus the postseason.

The Colts could probably move him to free safety and that would help him stay healthier, plus get the chance to play coverage and get picks, but who could play strong safety like Bob can? And he's the heart and soul of the Colts defense.

Thanks I wasn't sure on his contract status. So thats out the window.

Don't get me wrong he used to be my favorite player in the NFL and occupied my sig for a long time! :) Its probably what you said just frustration.

Geo
10-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Shortest injury report of the season so far, lol. (http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=injuryreport)

RCAChainGang
10-02-2008, 09:14 PM
That is awesome!

Thanks for the link!

UKfan
10-05-2008, 01:11 PM
OK, I cant see the game so I might be off base with this, but Vinatieri missed another FG? I'm losing patience with him, he misses a lot.

RCAChainGang
10-05-2008, 01:22 PM
OK, I cant see the game so I might be off base with this, but Vinatieri missed another FG? I'm losing patience with him, he misses a lot.

Yes he missed another.

The colts defense don't even look like they want to win.

On the good side the Titans aren't looking so hot either. Only points came off field position from an interception.

Go steelers and ravens and I hope we can squeeze a win out of this one.

Geo
10-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Good
1. Special teams ... except for Vinatieri hooking a 49-yard field goal.
2. Receivers made some great catches ... except for Anthony Gonzalez dropping a great pass from Peyton on 3rd and 15 that would have converted (come on, man).
3. Mike Pollak is starting at RG, and he's been okay for his first start.

Bad
1. Everything else, this is embarrassing and pathetic. The Colts deserve to lose this game because they are playing like losers.
2. The Houston Texans are starting two back-up safeties, are you kidding me? Only 10 points in the first half? If only the Colts had a competent playcaller, I don't know wtf they are doing out there. Meanwhile look at how the Texans are running an offense.
3. The Colts can't run for anything against the Texans.
4. And the defense is garbage.

Ugly
1. Texans get the ball to start the second half. With the Colts defense playing like it is, they will probably score a TD and go up 24-10.

Ugh.

Geo
10-05-2008, 01:35 PM
This defense is worthless trash.

And now Gary Brackett is injured.

Geo
10-05-2008, 01:39 PM
The best Colts defense is Owen Daniels dropping consecutive balls on 2nd and 3rd down. Offense needs to tie this up right now.

Geo
10-05-2008, 01:58 PM
3rd and 17, and the Colts defense gives up a draw run plus is flagged for holding. Texans get the first down.

**** you POS Colts defense.

Geo
10-05-2008, 02:01 PM
What the hell is Eric Foster thinking, batting that ball? The Colts coaches don't teach him that.

UKfan
10-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm so glad I can't see this, seriously.

djp
10-05-2008, 02:55 PM
So..... game changed a little bit...

RCAChainGang
10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
We had no business winning this game, but it is a win. And we keep up with the Titans.

Ridiculous...

RCAChainGang
10-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm so glad I can't see this, seriously.

No your not!
Hahah you missed a crazy 2 minutes. Rest was crap.

Geo
10-05-2008, 03:19 PM
That was a miracle, a miracle. I'm floored.

The fourth down touchdown, the defensive plays, Reggie's catch. Wow.

This is one for the ages, on sheer amazement.

RCAChainGang
10-05-2008, 03:44 PM
That was a miracle, a miracle. I'm floored.

The fourth down touchdown, the defensive plays, Reggie's catch. Wow.

This is one for the ages, on sheer amazement.

Doesn't replace how terrible we played though...

UKfan
10-05-2008, 03:45 PM
No your not!
Hahah you missed a crazy 2 minutes. Rest was crap.

I was following it on GameCenter and I was still going nuts lol!

I need to catch gameday or something.

RCAChainGang
10-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I was following it on GameCenter and I was still going nuts lol!

I need to catch gameday or something.

Yeah it was pretty awesome.

Highlights should give you everything you desire :)

UKfan
10-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Just seen the Reggie Wayne TD catch, circus!

Geo
10-05-2008, 07:46 PM
1. Trying to sum it up: Special teams is much better than '06, the defense is almost as bad as '06, and the offense isn't close to '06.

2. The offense needs to get their stuff straight. They can play much better than they have and need to play much better. Is it just me or does it feel like part of the offense/playbook is yet to be unlocked or something similar? More money is invested in the offense and they need to come through. The offense needs to lead this team ...

3. ... because the defense is poor. They can't stop the run and can't stop opponents from converting on third downs on a consistent/predominant basis.

4. My impression (right or wrong) is that the run defense is much more effective when LaJuan Ramsey is on the field, so hopefully he gets many more reps if that is true. Darrell Reid might have brought some improvement as well. Not sure if Daniel Muir played, I didn't spot him when I checked. Whether it's up to the coaches or him, Dwight Freeney needs to play the run more.

5. Hopefully Peyton continues to look Reggie Wayne's way. Reggie is the best receiver on the roster by miles, he should get the most targets. That he was hardly involved in the Jags game helped contribute to that loss.

The Colts are extremely lucky they came out with a win, hopefully they build on this from here.

Geo
10-06-2008, 12:56 AM
That's what I think, when I watch the replay of that play.

Watch for yourself (check out around 0:56 specifically). (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b5dc04)

Looks to me like Freeney is the one who dislodged the ball. Playmaker.

So far in four games: 10 tackles (9 solo), 3 sacks, and if you count the above, 3 forced fumbles. Has made at least one potential game-changing play in every game, except for maybe the Jags game as I can immediately recall.

Prowler
10-06-2008, 11:56 AM
now imagine the worst parts of that game magnified by a hundred and have it occur in every game for over a decade....i want to move back from michigan, the lions suck

Geo
10-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Even though Colts fans are frustrated with the team, we have to remember how lucky we are to have those expectations and that the team can do things like they did on Sunday. I'd venture to say the Colts are the most exciting team in the league the last few years, even their losses are memorable games.

Peyton Manning passed Johnny Unitas in franchise history with his 32nd career fourth quarter/overtime game-winning drive against the Texans. Impressive to say the least.

Nevermind being a part of three of the greatest comebacks in NFL history (@ Tampa '03, '07 AFCCG, and now this).

Dam8610
10-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Even though Colts fans are frustrated with the team, we have to remember how lucky we are to have those expectations and that the team can do things like they did on Sunday. I'd venture to say the Colts are the most exciting team in the league the last few years, even their losses are memorable games.

Peyton Manning passed Johnny Unitas in franchise history with his 32nd career fourth quarter/overtime game-winning drive against the Texans. Impressive to say the least.

Nevermind being a part of three of the greatest comebacks in NFL history (@ Tampa '03, '07 AFCCG, and now this).

That's regular season comebacks, including the '06 AFCCG, it's 33 total.

MaxV
10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
The 1995 AFCCG (with Jim Harbaugh, not Manning) would've been on that list as well, had Aaron "stone hands" Bailey just gripped the ball.

For those that are too young here's a description of that game:

http://arthurlifeintheshadows.blogspot.com/2007/01/1995-afc-championship-game-colts-vs.html

Dam8610
10-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Aaron Bailey caught that ball. You can't convince me otherwise.

Anyway, back to present day, Dungy actually called out the team for lack of effort in the postgame press conference, think it works?

RCAChainGang
10-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Aaron Bailey caught that ball. You can't convince me otherwise.

Anyway, back to present day, Dungy actually called out the team for lack of effort in the postgame press conference, think it works?

Yeah.

When Dungy criticizes you know you did something severely wrong.

Geo
10-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Hopefully the team gets it, that they need to play like they did in the first ten minutes and the last 5 minutes of the Texans game. I really think that when the offense picks up like it should, that will help out the defense. But the offense needs to put touchdowns on the scoreboard.

Touchdowns would be great against Baltimore this week, however field goals may be the key to victory. The Colts need to win the turnover battle, hopefully not giving any themselves. Get the Ravens off the field on third downs and convert offensively on third downs.

One good thing is that Samari Rolle is out, Fabian Washington may be too, so that could mean an awesome match-up for Wayne and Gonzalez when they line-up out wide to the left. If McAllister spends his entire day shutting out Harrison, so be it as long as the decoy keeps him occupied, but Harrison could contribute a key catch here and there to help move the chains. I think Tom Santi could have a sleeper role in this game like he did against the Texans, he could be on the field for a 2-TE set and probably slip under the Baltimore defense's radar a few times.

Ravens DT Kelly Gregg is out for the season, but their back-up Hannah has been playing all thus far and you can see the results in their run defense. Maybe now would be a good time to start throwing some short passes to the runningbacks again.

datchapin
10-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Good game last week. Thank you for once again ripping out my heart and trampling on it. It will make future victories that much sweeter.

Geo
10-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Always tough to play the Texans at Houston, they always put up a great fight there.

Thankfully the Colts get to play the Ravens at home this week. Playing that defense is hard enough without the Baltimore home crowd, plus the Indy crowd can hopefully pester the Ravens' offense - especially youngsters Joe Flacco and Jared Gaither.

Dam8610
10-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Always tough to play the Texans at Houston, they always put up a great fight there.

Thankfully the Colts get to play the Ravens at home this week. Playing that defense is hard enough without the Baltimore home crowd, plus the Indy crowd can hopefully pester the Ravens' offense - especially youngsters Joe Flacco and Jared Gaither.

That is if Gaither isn't allowed to use the newly popularized and effective "Dwight Freeney Headlock Block".

Geo
10-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Some keys I think could tie into the game. (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1253229#post1253229)

Drawing from the injury report:
Dwight Freeney rested his hamstring this week but practiced Friday. Hopefully that means he's a go on Sunday, I want him playing against young tackle Jared Gaither at home.
Kelvin Hayden is a definite out. Let's just hope not for the season.
Clint Session is probably out too, so we could finally see rookie Philip Wheeler start at SLB. Hopefully he has a great start to his career, coming down hill and laying the wood.
I read somewhere that Tony Ugoh's groin isn't 100 percent yet even though he's practicing, and with Charlie Johnson having played/practiced the last few weeks, Charlie could be left in for now. The Green Bay game next week could be the best time to get Ugoh back in.

Dam8610
10-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Some keys I think could tie into the game. (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1253229#post1253229)

Drawing from the injury report:
Dwight Freeney rested his hamstring this week but practiced Friday. Hopefully that means he's a go on Sunday, I want him playing against young tackle Jared Gaither at home.
Kelvin Hayden is a definite out. Let's just hope not for the season.
Clint Session is probably out too, so we could finally see rookie Philip Wheeler start at SLB. Hopefully he has a great start to his career, coming down hill and laying the wood.
I read somewhere that Tony Ugoh's groin isn't 100 percent yet even though he's practicing, and with Charlie Johnson having played/practiced the last few weeks, Charlie could be left in for now. The Green Bay game next week could be the best time to get Ugoh back in.

I hope you're right about all of this. I've heard Session might be a go, and I know Charlie Johnson is starting this Sunday. Hopefully Ugoh gets back ASAP and Wheeler gets a chance, because if he gets a chance, I don't think he'll relinquish the spot.

MaxV
10-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Wheeler is the most talented LB on our roster and should be a starter.

I hope we FINALLY get the first W in the LUKE.

Geo
10-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Good
1. All three phases of the game. The Colts are doing fantastic in terms of field position, thanks a good deal to the defense ...

2. The defense is flying around and beautiful, and even when they miss the first tackle, the second tackler is right there. They are physical, fast, and creating turnovers. Freeney and Mathis are wrecking havoc, plus Raheem Brock and Keyunta Dawson are active and also making plays. Linebackers are making tackles. I love the defensive line stunting, awesome.

3. Chris McAllister is having a very bad day at the office, which is good news for the Colts as both Marvin Harrison catches are touchdowns. Peyton Manning is very sharp today.

4. I love Mike Hart, <3 <3 <3. On the second touchdown drive, the Colts gave him the ball on 3rd and 2, and he literally broke five tackles and push for the first down with a linebacker on him. That touchdown was because of him. But not all good news for Hart ...

Bad
1. Joseph Addai went out with a hamstring injury early in the game, and was reported to be unlikely to return. Hasn't returned.

2. Hart caught a pass out of the backfield and was hit on the knee, it didn't look good as he was writhing and screaming in pain, but they said he walked off the field during the timeout. No update yet, but he hasn't gone in.

Ugly
1. Two runningbacks potentially injured for the game, but Dom Rhodes is doing a very solid job so far. Great in pass pro, and he made an awesome highlight run for 38-yards where he couldn't be tackled. Then he did a great job later on the drive to help get the Colts closer to the goal-line, in position to score.

Geo
10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Update on Dom Rhodes, he just scored a nice rushing TD up the middle with that split back formation the Colts like using for him (especially near the GL).

What an upgrade over that bum from last year.

Prowler
10-12-2008, 02:25 PM
one heck of a good game. way to get back on track. if only they didn't just get that holding penalty. manning could of had 4 tds

MaxV
10-12-2008, 08:46 PM
FINALLY, a great all-around performance. Hopefully, a sign of things to come.

Robert Morris is excellent.

Dam8610
10-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Is scotty still alive? I'm concerned because there were a couple of times that Gary Brackett and Raymell Rice, two Rutgers alums, collided, and I figured the resulting shock to scotty's system might be life threatening...;)

And to those who said Marvin was done...how many times did he burn Chris McAlister today? Marvin abused the poor guy, should've had 2 40+ yard TDs on him had Peyton thrown the post route on that one option where Marvin got WIDE OPEN down the seam.

Geo
10-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Chris McAllister played poorly on those two touchdown plays, most especially the first one - Harrison didn't even use a double move/stop-and-go, he just ran straight and McAllister stopped to look at Peyton. I have no idea what he was thinking. But obviously it was a gift, one which Peyton and Harrison thankfully fully accepted.

The second touchdown, I though McAllister could have played a little better, although it was a tough spot for him and Harrison ran a good route. Plus he made a very good/awkward catch, credit for that.

Don't get me wrong though, I was very glad to see Harrison score those two touchdowns. And I hope he can keep coming up with those plays, but I am certainly no counting on it. Especially with the schedule ahead.

Geo
10-13-2008, 12:59 AM
1. To sum it up: the Colts played this game like they did the last five minutes or so of the Texans game. All three phases looked very good, except for too many penalties (especially on special teams, get this straightened out Coach Purnell). High energy, high effort, better tackling, better execution. I only hope they can play just like this for the rest of the season. Please keep it up, boys.

2. Peyton Manning is back in full form. We're seeing what that means the last two weeks, especially today.

3. Tim Jennings played well for an absent Kelvin Hayden. Clint Session actually did play this week, and seemed to have his best week yet ... although Tyjuan Hagler should come off PUP this week, and from what Polian has said, should immediately take back his starting job. Melvin Bullitt continues from his rookie season to impress and look promising, he could very well take over for Bethea at free safety in a few years.

4. Dominic Rhodes handled almost all of the RB load today, thanks to injuries to Joseph Addai (reportedly hamstring) and Mike Hart (indications are his knee, my worry is season-ending). And Dom did well, although hopefully Joe can get well and not have a lingering issue. If Hart is out for the season, I would think that the Colts sign Justin Forsett from the Seahawks' practice squad?

5. I LOVED the defensive line stunting the Colts used a lot of today, it only helped Freeney and the rest of the D-Line wreck havoc. And Freeney and Mathis were definitely in full effect today as beasts, although Raheem Brock, Keyunta Dawson, and the rest were definitely active. I think it was actually Keyunta Dawson who forced that LeRon McClain fumble. Also, I loved to hear that Coach Dungy stressed creating turnovers this week and had the guys spend a good amount of time on a strip/fumble exercise. Please keep it up, Coach Dungy.

Dam8610
10-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Chris McAllister played poorly on those two touchdown plays, most especially the first one - Harrison didn't even use a double move/stop-and-go, he just ran straight and McAllister stopped to look at Peyton. I have no idea what he was thinking. But obviously it was a gift, one which Peyton and Harrison thankfully fully accepted.

I'll admit, that first TD, McAlister beat himself, it looked to me like he was looking for the comeback, and seeing that, Marvin just went straight for the fly, and Peyton found him deep. It's not like that was the only time he burned McAlister though, for example:

The second touchdown, I though McAllister could have played a little better, although it was a tough spot for him and Harrison ran a good route. Plus he made a very good/awkward catch, credit for that.

Marvin burned McAlister on that route, plain and simple. Marvin faked down, McAlister bit HARD, and that left Marvin open in the endzone. Marvin's best burn of the day, though, was missed by Peyton. It was in I want to say the 3rd quarter, Marvin was going deep, he took a step to the outside, McAlister once again bit HARD, and Marvin went to the inside on a deep post and was WIDE OPEN (as in, no one within 10 yards of him) down the seam, unfortunately, Peyton threw the fade. Had Peyton thrown the post there, Marvin has 2 40+ yard TDs in that game.

Don't get me wrong though, I was very glad to see Harrison score those two touchdowns. And I hope he can keep coming up with those plays, but I am certainly no counting on it. Especially with the schedule ahead.

Really, Marvin has been doing this for weeks now, Peyton just wasn't throwing the deep ball well to him until this week. The only CB Marvin has faced this season that he hasn't burned at some point during the game is Antoine Winfield, aside from him, he's torched everyone at least once, yesterday was just the first time it finally paid off. Right now I'm FAR more concerned with the OL getting their act together on run blocking than I am with Marvin or Reggie being able to get open. Both appear to be fine in that area, and both should be able to produce some big plays for this offense. If only Gonzo could learn how to get to the chains, the Colts would have 3 great WRs for Peyton to choose from.

Geo
10-13-2008, 10:32 AM
There have been one or two deep balls that Peyton could have connected on Harrison. Although I can't immediately remember Harrison getting open deep on Fred Bennett of the Texans, I'm not sure the deep pass Peyton underthrew would have connected as he seemed to have solid coverage.

Gonzo made some tough catches yesterday. He took some shots but held onto the ball like a trooper.

Dallas Clark didn't have the chance to do much, but he was key on the first drive of the second half making a few first downs ... and the Colts ended up scoring a TD on that drive to make it 31-0 I think it was. The perfect way you want to start the second half.

MaxV
10-13-2008, 10:46 AM
When is Lilja coming back? It's pretty clear that we miss him in run-blocking.

Geo
10-13-2008, 10:56 AM
From what I remember Polian saying, he won't jump back in right away like Tyjuan Hagler will, he'll need a few weeks to get back in the thick of things. Remember, as a player on the PUP, the Colts now have three weeks (after the first six weeks) to activate him. So they don't have to drop someone now to make room for him.

You know what I was wondering? We're all focused on Mike Pollak, Steve Justice, and Jamey Richard given that they were drafted and all .... but what if Ryan Lilja is the center of the future? Maybe he can play center, and he's more experienced and probably knows the line calls. I remember reading he's practiced a little bit at center, but have no idea if he's played center before (pro or college).

I didn't pay too much attention to Richard at LG and Pollak at RG, but I would think they played solid games. Hard to fault them for not running well against the Ravens, that's a match-up more in Baltimore's favor even with Gregg out. Pollak may have played a little better, in only his second game at RG.

Geo
10-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Joseph Addai is out 2-4 weeks with a slightly torn hamstring. That sucks, but the important thing is that he heals up fully for the rest of the season (and postseason hopefully). A quick search online doesn't show any additional confirmation, although they did note it as breaking news - likely from Adam Schefter, who knows his stuff.

What has been confirmed is that Mike Hart has been placed on IR with a torn ACL. What a bummer. This reminds me of last year when Roy Hall went down for the season before he could show his wares due to injuries at the position. All the best in his recovery to Mike Hart, I'm looking forward to seeing him play in a Colts uniform for a number of years.

The Colts have re-signed Clifton Dawson and promoted Chad Simpson. Dawson brings blocking and some limited receiving ability, while Simpson brings speed.

Bringing Dom Rhodes back looks even better, I think he'll do a fine job of holding down the fort for these next few weeks. Pick him up if you can in your fantasy leagues! ;)

MaxV
10-15-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm not a fan of Dawson at all. I'd rather have Hunt.

Joseph Addai is a fine back, but unfortunately durability is an issue. I think we should draft another one in the next draft class.

MaxV
10-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Now that McCargo trade fell through, who's plan B?

Dam8610
10-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Now that McCargo trade fell through, who's plan B?

What are you talking about? As of today, John McCargo is listed on the Colts roster as a DT with #97. Is there something I missed here?

MaxV
10-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeap, he failed his physical.

The trade is void.

Dam8610
10-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeap, he failed his physical.

The trade is void.

According to Florio. Wait for a real source to break it. I don't see this anywhere else, and I've looked SEVERAL places.

MaxV
10-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok, I'll wait, but I'm not overly optimistic.

Geo
10-15-2008, 07:56 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/wire/chi-ap-fbn-colts-mccargo,0,2718429.story

Colts' McCargo waits on physical before practicing
By MICHAEL MAROT | AP Sports Writer
6:53 PM CDT, October 15, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS - Colts defensive tackle John McCargo is ready for a fresh start in Indianapolis -- as soon as he passes the team physical.

The former first-round draft pick with a history of foot problems arrived in Indianapolis on Wednesday morning, one day after being traded from the Bills, but did not practice.

"We've just got to see how this physical thing goes," McCargo said. "Or how this physical thing is going to go. So I'm just waiting on them."

McCargo has no concerns about passing the physical.

Indy (3-2) traded what is believed to be a middle- to low-round draft pick to get a player they hope can shore up a leaky run defense. The Colts have already allowed four running backs to top 100 yards this season and rank 29th in the league against the run.

For McCargo, it's a chance to jump-start his NFL career after struggling in Buffalo, where many considered him a first-round bust.

In 25 games with the Bills, McCargo had only 2{ sacks, one forced fumble and never cracked the starting lineup. The Bills expected far more from the North Carolina State alum when they swung a draft-day trade with Chicago to move back into the first round and selected him 26th overall in 2006.

Things simply didn't work out in western New York.

McCargo missed 11 games as a rookie because of a broken left foot -- the same one he broke in college -- and never quite fit in with the Bills defensive scheme. Doctors had to re-break the foot in the spring of 2007.

"I think it's pretty simple," Bills coach Dick Jauron said. "We thought it was in our best interest as a football team, and we actually thought it was in John's best interest, too. We made the deal, and we move on from there."

The Colts defense appears tailor-made for McCargo's style.

While some believe he's undersized, his best asset is speed -- and that's a combination Colts head coach Tony Dungy has been successful with before.

The new system could be just what McCargo needs to get going.

"That's always the hope," Dungy said. "There was a guy named (Randy) Moss that supposedly was not playing well some place and he did all right. We'll see what happens."

McCargo embraced the move, too, saying he needed a change.

"I think I'm ready to come in here and, hey, play whatever role they need me to play," he said. "I think it's a better situation than what I was in. Other than that, I'm just trying to look forward with the Colts, man, and hope everything goes pretty good."

Should everything work out with the physical and McCargo practices this week, Dungy said he could make his Colts debut Sunday at Green Bay.

The trade also conjures images of a deadline deal Indy made in 2006 for Anthony McFarland, another defensive tackle. McFarland helped stabilize the Colts defense down the stretch and became a major contributor in the Colts' run to the Super Bowl.

Could it could be deja vu for the Colts?

Maybe.

"He was a guy we had good grades on (coming out of college), and he happened to be available," Dungy said. "It's an area we could use some help. If he was playing great for them, obviously, we wouldn't have him now. But we think he can fit well into this system, and we're hoping a change of scenery is good for him."
I really, really hope he passes his physical and stays on the team.

Dam8610
10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
I've now looked on EVERY reputable sports information website I can think of:

First did a Google news search, turned up nothing (this searches pretty much all articles from all news webites)
Then went to Colts.com, saw McCargo was on a roster that was updated today, wearing #97, and listed 3rd on the depth chart at one of the DT spots
Then I went to ESPN.com, NFL.com, foxsports.com (if Glazer had broke this, you could take it to the bank, thankfully, he's not reporting it), and even yahoo.com. Absolutely squat.

Moral of the story: Same old Florio.

MaxV
10-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately, there is no confirmation of a passed physical yet either.

Dam8610
10-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Unfortunately, there is no confirmation of a passed physical yet either.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=roster

It was updated today, and he has a number (he did not have a number yesterday), these are pretty strong indicators that he passed, since the roster has been kept pretty up to date this year thus far.

Geo
10-15-2008, 09:06 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081015/SPORTS03/81015057

“He failed our physical,’’ Colts president Bill Polian said Wednesday evening. “He failed the physical, that’s all. By terms of the trade, he reverts to Buffalo.’’

:( :( :(

MaxV
10-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Geo
10-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Would have been nice to not get my hopes up these last 24 hours for nothing. The Colts can't catch a damn break this season, I'm pissed.

... back to being excited about Daniel Muir. Hopefully he can make his former team regret cutting him this Sunday.

Geo
10-16-2008, 10:44 AM
On that last point, let's move on and talk about this week's game. Colts at Packers, a neat experience for all the guys to play at Lambeau.

I like the Colts' chances, although obviously I hope they continue to play well in all three phases. The Packers are banged up, especially on defense. Al Harris is recovering, the defensive line is missing Cullen Jenkins and maybe NT Ryan Pickett (triceps strain; questionable) too. They could be getting back Justin Harrell this week, but I wouldn't necessarily call that an equal trade-off. Charles Woodson is playing well, let's all hope he spends his time shutting down Marvin Harrison so that can open things for Reggie and Dallas.

If the Colts can protect Manning and get a healthy running game going, that bodes well for their chances to win.

Aaron Rodgers is playing hurt too, but he's still doing a good job. He came up with a few crazy, big play throws in the loss at Tampa, and had I think three touchdowns at Seattle last week. Hopefully the speed of the Colts' defensive line can get to him some and help cause some turnovers, to try and limit their great YAC opportunities. Try and get to Ryan Grant before he can make his big cut and go, as his been the case for much of this season unfortunately for him.

I think Daniel Muir will play (probably not start however) his first game with the Colts, and as mentioned before, hopefully he can make a great first impression against his former team.

It's going to be great seeing the team play the Packers at Lambeau, hopefully the Colts continue to play well and come out with a win.

Number 10
10-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Not sure if you guys know anything about this-

But a reliable "source", friend, colleague....whatever you want to call it told me that Pitcock was in Indy today. He wasn't sure why, but it is something to look out for.

Geo
10-17-2008, 09:46 AM
However I'm not getting my hopes up at this point. I'm going to focus on the current roster ...

... like new Colts' runningback Chad Simpson. Colts.com has a really good article on him. (http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=9a8f9ac5-5b21-47dd-b58f-e3ced5533490) Looking forward to seeing what he can do with the first-team offense, I think he has promise.

With his speed and running ability, he might provide a high-energy back-up like Dom did for Addai in the '06 playoffs. I'd give him some second-half runs against a worn down Packers defense.

Geo
10-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Good
1. The offense moved the ball very well on the first drive, and they can pass on the Packers. They just need to stop the worthless runs, Dom needs to bounce it outside a little more instead of running into the Packers defensive tackles.

2. Colts get the ball to start the second half. If they can come out strong with a TD-scoring drive, that cuts it to 17-14.

3. Vinny is booming his kickoffs, and punt coverage has been good.

Bad
1. Both the offense and the defense need to play better.

2. Coach Dungy took a timeout instead of just challenging a questionable catch, which would have given his team a timeout in the process. Granted, that would have used a challenge opportunity.

Ugly
1. The fix is in. The refs want the Packers to win this game, or at least keep it as close as possible, and they are calling anything they can think of to make that happen. At first they started attributing wrong jersey numbers on bogus calls, but everyone knows what's going on so they don't even bother saying the jersey numbers anymore. I can't remember this many bogus calls on one team in one game, and it's only halftime. Beyond terrible, Colts need to beat the Packers and the refs to win this game.

Geo
10-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Peyton threw the ball too high, Wayne tipped it, and it goes right to a Packers' defensive back who takes it all the way for a score.

Of course, that 3rd and 6 came thanks to a weak false start penalty on 3rd and 1.

We'll see if the Colts offense can overcome a defensive score, they couldn't against the Bears nor the Jags. They aren't playing as well as they should, they sabotage themselves.

UKfan
10-19-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm tempted to head to bed, this is so bad...

Geo
10-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Nice kickoff return by Garcon, Colts need to score a TD here to get back in the game.

UKfan
10-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Nice play to Clark, the LB really bit on the play fake.

Geo
10-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Peyton needs to keep looking Dallas Clark's way, the Packers can't cover him. Just hit him for a big pass down the field.

UKfan
10-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Ugh, here comes the FG unit, Peyton getting some balls tipped today, he's having to zing it through tight coverage as the WR's struggling to get seperation..... and the kick is tipped.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Ugh, terrible end to a promising drive. What's new with this year's Colts.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Excellent job by the defense, getting the ball back quickly.

Here we go offense, one play at a time. Put a methodical scoring drive together.

OH WAIT

Nevermind, another bogus call against the Colts. What the hell was I thinking, stupid me.

UKfan
10-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Over under on penalty yards, 150?

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Hard to say, whatever it takes for the Packers to win this game.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:19 PM
What a horrible spot by the refs on Gonzo's catch. Go to hell, you scumbags.

Halle-freaking-lujah, they couldn't pass that PI under the rug.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:22 PM
This is just pathetic.

LOL @ Peyton thinking he's going to get another call. The refs aren't going to give the Colts another in this quarter, if not half.

Btw, feel free to get open one time this game, Harrison. You worthless old man.

HA HA HA HA, another call against the Colts. On the punt. Give me a break, this is beyond unreal.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Wow. Geo I used to like you, but any respect I had for you has gone out the window, you whine more than Peyton.

It's so blatant, I would think anyone would a brain could comprehend what they are seeing. That probably is the case, in light of the Packers fanbase.

1Love
10-19-2008, 05:31 PM
It's so blatant, I would think anyone would a brain could comprehend what they are seeing. That probably is the case, in light of the Packers fanbase.

We're pumping your pathetic Colts.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Or just overlook the obvious as long as your team is winning.

Because God knows if a quarter of the ******** the Colts dealt with today went to the Packers, the whole fanbase would be crying rivers.

1Love
10-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Or just overlook the obvious as long as your team is winning.

Because God knows if a quarter of the ******** the Colts dealt with today went to the Packers, the whole fanbase would be crying rivers.

Refs had everything to do with this 27-7 pumping...

Not the entire offensive, defensive, and special teams units playing like garbage.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:33 PM
This is unbelievable. I don't even have words for this putrid ****.

Hahaha, of course. Of course.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Go refs go! Go refs go!

McCarthy better save a game ball for sure.

1Love
10-19-2008, 05:34 PM
This is unbelievable. I don't even have words for this putrid ****.

Hahaha, of course. Of course.

Yup, that illegal formation penalty was really questionable.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Poor Pierre Garcon, the young rook thinks the refs would actually call that block in the back he dealt with. Not today, young man, not today.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Colts haven't been flagged for anything in a while, something should be coming soon. The refs are probably getting antsy.

Bruce Banner
10-19-2008, 05:44 PM
LOL @ The Colts.

Green Bay actually decided to show up.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:45 PM
The zebras were clutch for sure.

I hardly complain about the in-game officiating, but today was so ridiculous, I can't help myself. Thankfully the refs continued to give me so much material.

As you can see now. Unbelievable.

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:49 PM
PI, are you damn sure? He can be more physical than that, come on refs!

Geo
10-19-2008, 05:57 PM
And there's the capper. And yes, a legit/great play by the Packers defense.

This year's Colts offense, as currently constructed, can't overcome a defensive score. They aren't close to as good as the '06 Colts.

Geo
10-19-2008, 06:09 PM
That was a sweet touchdown grab by Gonzalez, for what little it's worth at this point.

Oh ... I'm not even going to say it.

GB12
10-19-2008, 06:10 PM
That was a sweet touchdown grab by Gonzalez, for what little it's worth at this point.

Oh ... I'm not even going to say it.
If you think that's a touchdown you're freakin crazy

Dam8610
10-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Please cut Tim Jennings, TERRIBLE. The refs were brutal today, but so were Colts' DBs. 5 HUGE penalties, 3 on Tim Jennings, 1 on Marlin Jackson, and 1 on Jamie Silva, and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

Geo
10-19-2008, 06:12 PM
To be honest, I wasn't even looking at the replays. I already assumed it would be overturned.

But listening to the announcers, it sounds like it might have hit the ground. So I'll take their word (not some Packers fan's) for it.

And there they go.

Geo
10-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Please cut Tim Jennings, TERRIBLE. The refs were brutal today, but so were Colts' DBs. 5 HUGE penalties, 3 on Tim Jennings, 1 on Marlin Jackson, and 1 on Jamie Silva, and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.
Jenning had two bogus calls (delay of game and hands to the face), Marlin's was bogus, and Silva's was questionable.

GB12
10-19-2008, 06:13 PM
To be honest, I wasn't even looking at the replays. I already assumed it would be overturned.

But listening to the announcers, it sounds like it might have hit the ground. So I'll take their word (not some Packers fan's) for it.

And there they go.
I didn't look like it might have, it claerly did. Just blame the refs some more you little [fill in the blank]

dunagan15
10-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Geo, honestly you think that the Colts would have won this game?? Im a nuetral fan, sure cheering for GB but my god. Sure there were a couple missed PI calls, but that would not have changed the outcome of this game.

I mean just think of what the Chargers had to go through when they lost...In no way would the Colts have won this game.