PDA

View Full Version : Paul Kruger, DE, University of Utah

Bronco in UT
09-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Just wanted to ask everyone if they have had a chance to see Kruger the DE for the University of Utah play at all this year. He is a converted QB, 6'6" ~ 280 lbs. and is an absolute beast. He seems to be the best defensive player in the Mountain West Conference this year. He does have a chance to come out due to his age (mormon mission) but I think he will stay in school. Scott, what is your opinion on this guy?

Bronco in UT
09-23-2008, 01:22 PM
bump..........

jared
09-23-2008, 10:51 PM
I watched some of him in the Michigan game. He was the guy the announcers talked that had been assaulted and seriously stabbed as a freshman. He is 6th in the nation right now in sacks (4.5) but 4 of them came against Utah State. However, he leads the nation with an impressive 11.5 tackles for loss.
I didn't realize that he's only a sophomor, eligibility-wise. Well, a little early to talk about him coming out I think. He's going to be a beast though.

YAYareaRB
09-23-2008, 11:24 PM
I'd take Nai Fotu over him

jared
09-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Nai Fotu is a 6' 230 lb. linebacker who will never ever be a DE in the NFL. He's also not even the best LB on the team. He is pretty irrelevant in this discussion.

YAYareaRB
09-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Nai Fotu is a 6' 230 lb. linebacker who will never ever be a DE in the NFL. He's also not even the best LB on the team. He is pretty irrelevant in this discussion.

In my opinion, he is the best LB on the team.

Bronco in UT
09-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I'd take Nai Fotu over him

Over Kruger to play Defensive End??? Now you are just being a typical BYU homer....I'm assuming you have watched him play correct? The dude had only been playing DE for only a few years and can ONLY get better. I'm afraid you are totally missing on this one.

YAYareaRB
09-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Over Kruger to play Defensive End??? Now you are just being a typical BYU homer....I'm assuming you have watched him play correct? The dude had only been playing DE for only a few years and can ONLY get better. I'm afraid you are totally missing on this one.

Praising a Ute LB makes me a typical BYU Homer? How's that for logic?