PDA

View Full Version : QB with the Fastest Release?

Brent
09-19-2008, 05:07 PM
I dont see nearly enough college football to know this but I figured one of you would. So, who of the QBs entering the draft/might enter the draft has the fastest release?

Matthew Jones
09-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Cullen Harper (Clemson) has a quick release with good accuracy. Or at least, did before this year. So far it seems like his shoulder(?) problems have been hindering his release and arm in general. He hasn't been playing too well. If it gets fixed, he has one of the best releases.

Chase Daniel (Missouri) has a quick release, but is more of a late-round prospect to most people. I'm pretty high on him though, I have been very impressed with him each time I've seen him play in college. You'll hear lots of comparisons to Drew Brees leading up to the draft.

Curtis Painter (Purdue) has a pretty quick release. However, I don't really see a ton in the way of accuracy or production there. He's thrown too many interceptions for me that makes me feel like he doesn't check down off of his first target often enough and just fires it in there.

Overall, though, weird as it might be, my pick for quickest release might be Graham Harrell (Texas Tech.) He really fires it in there fast, and he's also got excellent timing and touch. Texas Tech quarterbacks have a bad reputation, but he's a legitimate prospect in my opinion.

adschofield
09-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Josh Freeman...He's the greatest QB ever

CC.SD
09-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Not Tebow.

Brent
09-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Josh Freeman...He's the greatest QB ever
Well, he did play with Jordyzzz so I think he gave Josh some of his power.

Staubach12
09-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Not Tebow.

It's like watching a pitcher...

In slow motion.

D-Unit
09-20-2008, 03:20 AM
Who cares about a fast release? It's not what makes a QB.

Timmy Chang had one of the fastest releases ever.

Race for the Heisman
09-20-2008, 08:35 AM

Plenty of things aren't necessarily make or break for quarterbacks, it doesn't mean they aren't important.

BuddyCHRIST
09-20-2008, 10:22 AM

Obviously its not the end all be all, but its still very important, NFL defenses are so fast that even if you don't stare down your reciever, if you take a little bit longer to get rid of the ball it allows the D to get there, or to get to you. One of the main reasons Byron Leftwich struggles in the NFL.

Brent
09-20-2008, 12:11 PM
I was asking more out of curiousity. On the Niners forum we were talking about QBs for the future since Alice Smith is outta there after this year and one of the really important things about Martz's offense is that the QB needs to have a very fast release. So, I was trying to get an idea of who all might be considered, that way I could sort of follow them this year.

Staubach12
09-20-2008, 08:29 PM

It's a small part of a much bigger picture. Arm strength, release time, release mechanics, height, weight, speed, agility, vision, decision making, toughness, footwork, accuracy, leadership, injury resistance, ability to read defenses... it all goes into one big picture of what that QB is.

Jericho@SC
09-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Mark Sanchez.

09-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Mark Sanchez.

Good mention. He's definitely up there.

draftguru151
09-21-2008, 09:12 AM

It's clearly not as important as appearance. :rolleyes:

Dam8610
09-21-2008, 10:34 AM

Exactly, look at all the Pro Bowls and All-Pro Teams Byron Leftwich has made. He's a surefire hall of famer at this point.

BBIB
09-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Obviously its not the end all be all, but its still very important, NFL defenses are so fast that even if you don't stare down your reciever, if you take a little bit longer to get rid of the ball it allows the D to get there, or to get to you. One of the main reasons Byron Leftwich struggles in the NFL.

Byron Leftwich struggles because he can't stay healthy and he doesn't know how to put touch on the footbal and is constantly sailing balls over receivers headsl. Not to mention his release is an EXTREME of an example.

The New Kid
09-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Wow

This is an ignorant thing to say. A fast release is in large part what made guys like Bret Favre, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino so great.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
09-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Lyle Moevao has one of the fastest releases Ive ever seen...