PDA

View Full Version : CFL Players in the NFL

iBoldin
09-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Often wondered how Canadian Football players would translate into the NFL, especially the ones that really are special. Although we've seen a few stick (Jeff Garcia) and some fail (lol, Ricky Ray, Dave Dickenson) I think some could make an impact.

In BC, we have Rob Murphy, who played I believe only with the Colts, and he won the Lineman of the Year award last season. Cam Wake is going to try it next season, he really is a beast for us, he is on pace to smash the single season sack record. Geroy Simon never has tried, but he's been one of the best (if not the best) players in the CFL for over five years.

I've often wondered how guys like Anthony Calvillo, Joffrey Reynolds and Wes Cates would do. Thoughts?

awfullyquiet
09-20-2008, 10:40 PM
I know Ricky Williams might make a splash this year, imo

iBoldin
09-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah, lol, but he rarely played with the Argo's. Cam Wake should stick around, he's been tripled teamed most of the night and still has a sack and I believe 3.5 TFL.

09-21-2008, 12:35 AM
Jesse Lumsden .

PACKmanN
09-21-2008, 01:17 AM
I would like to see Cates and that running back on Montreal give it a try.

iBoldin
09-21-2008, 02:46 AM
I would like to see Cates and that running back on Montreal give it a try.

Yeah, I don't know how well Cates game would translate to the NFL, I think he has some size issues as well. But I think Avon Cobourne would be a servicable player, a nice back up for a team like Cleveland perhaps. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

djp
09-21-2008, 03:15 AM
Is Onterrio Smith in the CFL still?

PACKmanN
09-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Yeah, I don't know how well Cates game would translate to the NFL, I think he has some size issues as well. But I think Avon Cobourne would be a servicable player, a nice back up for a team like Cleveland perhaps. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

I think if a team takes a chance at Cates they could be rewarded later on.

He 6'0 217, and has the power and a little wiggle. He is in a speed league and still out runs players at his size, he not a typical CFL running back and still has the speed to out run players is what I'm saying.

09-21-2008, 06:09 AM
Is Onterrio Smith in the CFL still?

I think he was cut by the Blue Bombers in camp 2-3 years ago lol.

Dam8610
09-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Kenton Keith sucks. That is all.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-21-2008, 11:12 AM
They would be lucky to be average. And i'm from Canada.

Race for the Heisman
09-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Mike Sellers was CFL.

themaninblack
09-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Kyries Herbert(S) plays for the Bengals though I haven't seen much of him at all. Looked like a pretty good athlete in the preseason.

MaxV
09-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Former CFL DE Daniel Federkeil is current Colts starting OG.

themaninblack
09-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Oh ya I forgot about our starting SAM Reshad Jeanty. He was a former DE in the CFL I believe and is a pretty good LB for us.

neko4
09-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Whats Chang doing in the CFL?

The New Kid
09-22-2008, 10:52 AM
There have been several that went from CFL to NFL.

Kenton Keith, Casy Printers, Warren Moon, John Avery, Michael Jenkins, Jermaine Copeland (I believe, he had a short gig with KC), Joe Theismann, Rocket Ismail, Andy Fantuz had a try out with Detriot. Cookie Gilchrist and Joe Kapp are the ones who come to my head right off the bat.

The New Kid
09-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Whats Chang doing in the CFL?

Had his shot last year, and really did nothing with it. I don't even think he won a game as a starter. This year was actually deomted to #3 on the Tiger-Cats behind Casey Printers and Richie Williams (App State). Printers got hurt and Williams played.

Komp
09-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey I was flipping channels [I can't watch the CFL, I get enough bad offensive football watching the Raiders] and saw that Quinton Porter was QB'ing the Hamilton Tiger Cats. I know that name rings a bell....wasn't he QB'ing Boston College or someone in the Big East a couple years ago?

BeerBaron
09-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey I was flipping channels [I can't watch the CFL, I get enough bad offensive football watching the Raiders] and saw that Quinton Porter was QB'ing the Hamilton Tiger Cats. I know that name rings a bell....wasn't he QB'ing Boston College or someone in the Big East a couple years ago?

i think he was a QB at Stanford to be honest....quite a while ago, lol. maybe 3-4 years at least.

Another player from the CFL who found NFL success was Bertrand Berry of the Cards. Pretty sure he was even cut by the CFL...still made it in the NFL

kwilk103
09-22-2008, 04:56 PM
speaking of the cfl, anyone see the 'duck, duck, goose' td celebration?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aavPl9AfqE

bored of education
09-22-2008, 05:12 PM
speaking of the cfl, anyone see the 'duck, duck, goose' td celebration?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aavPl9AfqE

classic indeed