PDA

View Full Version : Sen'Derrick Marks dt auburn

adamprez2003
09-21-2008, 01:03 AM
anybody else impressed with this guy? Man he's quick. One of the better athletes Ive seen at that position. any chance he declares early?

Solomon
09-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Definitly, he's looked fantastic this year. He's always had the tools and now he's really starting to emerge. A little bit short but stout, athletic, explosive and a good motor. Dorsey and Ellis proved that DTs don't have to be 6-4 to break into the top ten. Right now I have him and Vince Oghobaase as my top available defensive tackles for the 2008 draft (he has moved up over Geno Atkins for me in recent weeks).

adamprez2003
09-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Definitly, he's looked fantastic this year. He's always had the tools and now he's really starting to emerge. A little bit short but stout, athletic, explosive and a good motor. Dorsey and Ellis proved that DTs don't have to be 6-4 to break into the top ten. Right now I have him and Vince Oghobaase as my top available defensive tackles for the 2008 draft (he has moved up over Geno Atkins for me in recent weeks). Cheers man. Apparently me and you are the only ones who have been impressed. I like Oghobhaase too. Definitely think Marks is a first round talent. Wonder if he can break into the top ten? Maybe not, but he's definitely in the top 20 IMO

BTW, Harvin is going to be a great pickup for somebody. Everyone is talking about Crabtree and Maclin, but I think Harvin and Heyward Bey are going to be amazing value for someone . Can you imagine a team getting one of those two with a second round pick? lol

rockio42
09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Cheers man. Apparently me and you are the only ones who have been impressed. I like Oghobhaase too. Definitely think Marks is a first round talent. Wonder if he can break into the top ten? Maybe not, but he's definitely in the top 20 IMO

BTW, Harvin is going to be a great pickup for somebody. Everyone is talking about Crabtree and Maclin, but I think Harvin and Heyward Bey are going to be amazing value for someone . Can you imagine a team getting one of those two with a second round pick? lol

Don't worry man, I'm impressed, I watched the entire LSU v Auburn game and couldn't take my eyes off either of the DLs. Marks was an obsolute beast in that game and will be a first round pick and I think another 1 or 2 DLs from those two teams could easily be first day picks including the redshirt Sr (I think thats what the year is) DT that ran over the LSU center during the game. It was also cool to see Tyson Jackson display some speed in the game and see guys like Antonio Coleman who was overshawdowed by Quentin Groves

edit: The RS Sr I am talking about is #99 Tez Doolittle who had a sack during the LSU game

adamprez2003
09-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Don't worry man, I'm impressed, I watched the entire LSU v Auburn game and couldn't take my eyes off either of the DLs. Marks was an obsolute beast in that game and will be a first round pick and I think another 1 or 2 DLs from those two teams could easily be first day picks including the redshirt Sr (I think thats what the year is) DT that ran over the LSU center during the game. It was also cool to see Tyson Jackson display some speed in the game and see guys like Antonio Coleman who was overshawdowed by Quentin Groves . I think that was the best college game of the year so far. Definitely the hardest hitting. I went into the game loking to scout Jacvkson again. and he did nothing to disappoint. He's going to be solid at the next level. I was just surprised that as the game went along I couldnt take my eyes of of Marks. He was having a helluva game against some good offensive linemen. I was amazed at how young Auburn was. If they can keep most of their team they are seriously going to challenge for number 1 next year

keylime_5
09-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Considering Pat Sims did when he should've stayed, I think Sen'Derrick will probably declare if he plays like he did Sat. night. He'll be a great 4-3 tackle.

rockio42
09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
The only problem with Auburn is that if their DL plays like that they will lose 3-4 of them to the draft

themaninblack
09-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I was catching some of the AUB-LSU game when UGA was on a break and he was very impressive. I think I remember being impressed with him last year, too. He's got great explosion.

keylime_5
09-22-2008, 05:40 PM
The only problem with Auburn is that if their DL plays like that they will lose 3-4 of them to the draft

I wish they had that problem up in columbus.

P-L
09-22-2008, 06:45 PM
A lot of people were saying last year that he was the best player on that Auburn line.

BamaFalcon59
09-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Good player, but I've never been overly impressed with him.

P-L
09-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Good player, but I've never been overly impressed with him.
I take it you missed the LSU/Auburn game this past Saturday?

BamaFalcon59
09-22-2008, 06:51 PM
I take it you missed the LSU/Auburn game this past Saturday?

No, I saw it.

But he's undersized and not an amazing pass rusher. I think he ends up like Jonathan Babineaux in the NFL. Great penetrator who makes plays in the backfield often, but really doesn't get to the QB a ton. Babineaux is a very good player, but not the type of guy I would take in the top 10. And FYI I am one of Babineaux's biggest fans.

Babineaux was a much better college pass rusher, Marks a better college run stopper, but I think they end up similar in the NFL.

STARHEATHER
09-22-2008, 07:42 PM
he made a couple nice plays in the game vs lsu, but there were also several gaping holes in his area in the run game. kind of reminds me a bit of glenn dorsey.

Geo
09-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Considering Pat Sims did when he should've stayed, I think Sen'Derrick will probably declare if he plays like he did Sat. night. He'll be a great 4-3 tackle.
Unlike Sims who had one okay year and then bolted for the pros (warning flag right there), this is Marks' third season as a full-time starter. I have no problem with him declaring after this season, he is proven legit. He has produced well every year.

And yes, I too was very impressed with him as well.

adamprez2003
09-22-2008, 09:04 PM
he made a couple nice plays in the game vs lsu, but there were also several gaping holes in his area in the run game. kind of reminds me a bit of glenn dorsey. well when you have his burst, i'm sure he's coached to shoot the gap and therefore you leave yourself susceptible to leaving running lanes open