PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tried to Trade for Quinn

keylime_5
09-21-2008, 12:30 PM
on fox they said that kansas city tried to trade for brady quinn this week but were denied by the browns. interesting.

WMD
09-21-2008, 12:34 PM
What's more interesting is that they aren't confident in the skillz of Tyler Thigpen!

Paranoidmoonduck
09-21-2008, 12:37 PM
This counts as interesting? The Chiefs desperately need a quarterback and the Browns can't possibly be willing to bank fully on Anderson based on how this year has gone so far.

If the Chiefs were offering their 1st rounder, that would be a bit more interesting.

keylime_5
09-21-2008, 01:03 PM
what's interesting is what exactly did KC offer that Cleveland turned down, and while it's not certain, this could mean that they feel Quinn is the future of the team.

NIN1984
09-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Can't blame them for trying. If they lose today that 12 straight losses they need to do something to get the fans interested.

vidae
09-21-2008, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't trade our first rounder for Quinn. We're most likely going to have the first overall pick this year with the way we're playing.

And we will still sell-out Arrowhead if we win zero games this year. Chiefs fans are crazy, even when we're losing, so I don't think that's a problem.

PoopSandwich
09-21-2008, 01:40 PM
It probably means that if DA sucks and the Browns lose the next 2 games that Quinn will play.

WinslowEdwards19
09-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Take Anderson por favor.

Bengalsrocket
09-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Take Anderson por favor.

Browns fans are so harsh on DA. He's still inexperienced and needs time to develop :(

P-L
09-21-2008, 03:38 PM
The Chiefs invested a 1st Round draft pick in Brady Quinn last year. They'd be foolish to trade him for anything less than a 1st Round pick.

Sniper
09-21-2008, 03:43 PM
The Chiefs invested a 1st Round draft pick in Brady Quinn last year. They'd be foolish to trade him for anything less than a 1st Round pick.

The Browns invested the pick, not the Jefes.

WinslowEdwards19
09-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Browns fans are so harsh on DA. He's still inexperienced and needs time to develop :(

Not so much, he's just not very smart.

MetSox17
09-21-2008, 04:10 PM

If the Chiefs offered a second round pick, i'd say they'd have to cut their losses and go all-in with Derek Anderson.

The Chiefs might get the first overall pick, so having the 33rd pick after taking Quinn 22nd isn't that awful. Besides, the Chiefs would be idiots to give up their pick this year for Quinn.

Shiver
09-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Brady Quinn will be starting by mid-season for the Browns. I would be shocked if they trade him; especially considering how mediocre Anderson has been the last twelve or so games.

MetSox17
09-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Brady Quinn will be starting by mid-season for the Browns. I would be shocked if they trade him; especially considering how mediocre Anderson has been the last twelve or so games.

I doubt the Browns, a team with playoff hopes, will turn to an inexperienced guy to lead the team. Crennel needs to win, and i doubt the front office is gonna like seeing games being lost to get Quinn up to par in the learning curve. Barring injury and absolutely atrocious play, Anderson will start for the whole year, with this being what decides if he stays after the season or not.

Basileus777
09-21-2008, 04:51 PM
I wouldn't trade our first rounder for Quinn. We're most likely going to have the first overall pick this year with the way we're playing.

And we will still sell-out Arrowhead if we win zero games this year. Chiefs fans are crazy, even when we're losing, so I don't think that's a problem.

I guarantee you that there will be at least one or two blackouts this year.

steelersfan43
09-21-2008, 04:54 PM
What's more interesting is that they aren't confident in the skillz of Tyler Thigpen!

Thigpin is a boss, they cant handle him on the cheifs

nobodyinparticular
09-21-2008, 05:16 PM
It probably means that if DA sucks and the Browns lose the next 2 games that Quinn will play.

On a much more technical level, the Browns would be faced with a fatty cap hit if they traded Quinn right now. That would be a huge acceleration for the Browns due to the signing bonus that Quinn had when he was drafted.

Cribbs>Hester
09-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Seriously? Cut our loses? What are you smoking? Is Brady Quinn a bust just because he didn't see the field as a rookie? Get real buddy.

bored of education
09-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Stafford > Quinn

nobodyinparticular
09-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Seriously? Cut our loses? What are you smoking? Is Brady Quinn a bust just because he didn't see the field as a rookie? Get real buddy.

I think he's referring moreso to the unexpected "emergence" of Derek Anderson to make Brady Quinn superfluous. Although my opinion is that DA is not really that good and Quinn should be running the offense by week 9.

Babylon
09-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Stafford > Quinn

Clearly. In defense of the Chiefs let's hope they didnt offer a #1 (in this years draft).

GB12
09-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Clearly. In defense of the Chiefs let's hope they didnt offer a #1 (in this years draft).
I guarantee you they didn't. Cleveland would be foolish to not jump on that if they did.

Smokey Joe
09-21-2008, 06:43 PM
No, not really. He is basically a taller and a bit smarter (or should I say less dumb?) Rex Grossman, IMO.

Babylon
09-21-2008, 06:58 PM
I guarantee you they didn't. Cleveland would be foolish to not jump on that if they did.

Interesting response. Guarantee they didnt but if they did........With Anderson struggling i dont see Quinn getting traded. KC is sitting on a potential top pick so they have to be careful not to screw that up.

Yatta!
09-21-2008, 07:06 PM
I don't think the Browns would have accepted anything atm. Quinn will be starting in Cleveland very soon.

LonghornsLegend
09-21-2008, 07:08 PM
It's a little too late to be throwing offers at Quinn, should of struck right after DA just signed that contract tender, you can't wait until he comes out and plays piss poor for 3 weeks, hell at this point Cleveland is already thinking of when to put him out there and glad they didn't trade him...No harm in trying, but the Browns aren't that stupid, even if it was the #1 overall pick I don't think they would trade Quinn, they would be back to square one, drafting a rookie QB who needs time to develop when they have playmakers who need someone to get them the ball now.

Babylon
09-21-2008, 07:11 PM
It's a little too late to be throwing offers at Quinn, should of struck right after DA just signed that contract tender, you can't wait until he comes out and plays piss poor for 3 weeks, hell at this point Cleveland is already thinking of when to put him out there and glad they didn't trade him...No harm in trying, but the Browns aren't that stupid, even if it was the #1 overall pick I don't think they would trade Quinn, they would be back to square one, drafting a rookie QB who needs time to develop when they have playmakers who need someone to get them the ball now.

Agree it's most likely too late but dont agree on drafting a rookie QB.
I think Stafford out of Georgia is somewhere between Elway and Cutler. I'd rather take a chance on that direction.

mqtirishfan
09-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I doubt the Browns, a team with playoff hopes, will turn to an inexperienced guy to lead the team. Crennel needs to win, and i doubt the front office is gonna like seeing games being lost to get Quinn up to par in the learning curve. Barring injury and absolutely atrocious play, Anderson will start for the whole year, with this being what decides if he stays after the season or not.

Yes, that one season of experience for Anderson will make all the difference for the Browns.

Bucs_Rule
09-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Cleveland traded a top 40 pick and next year's #1 pick after drafting 3rd that year. They knew it was very likely to be a very high pick and traded it anyway because of how much they liked Quinn. They strongly believed that Quinn is a franchise QB and they wisely won't trade him without Anderson proving he can be an outstanding QB consistently. That is something he definitely hasn't done.

Even if they liked Stafford even more theirs no guarantee that KC would draft first. Them and St.Louis have looked dreadful, but Quinn would definitely upgrade their QB and improve the team.