PDA

View Full Version : Bulger BENCHED for Trent Green...

MasterShake
09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
How stupid is this team?

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

CC.SD
09-23-2008, 12:32 PM
lol the future! Seriously whatever happened to playing out of a slump?

KCJ58
09-23-2008, 12:35 PM
what the **** is wrong wif the Rams

J-Shock
09-23-2008, 12:38 PM
How do you give him a nice extension and then bench him? Do they want the #1 pick? Reminds me when Haz benched Brooks for Baumen and then said "Todd gives us the best chance to win".

LonghornsLegend
09-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't know whats going on with some teams anymore.

drowe
09-23-2008, 12:42 PM
this is a head scratcher. well, i guess matt stafford at least knows what state he's going to.

iowatreat54
09-23-2008, 12:53 PM
trade Bulger to the Bears plz n thx :)

leroyisgod
09-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Wow, three weeks into the season and their pressing the panic button.

Splat
09-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Good luck Green.

Brent
09-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Yikes... just... yikes.

T-RICH49
09-23-2008, 01:21 PM
wow if Trent thought the KC line sucked his last year wait til he plays behind this one

Babylon
09-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Addition by subtraction as far as i'm concerned. Bulger has no zip on the ball, seems totally disinterested and this move gets everyones attention. Not the answer to all their problems but i think it's a start. People need to stop acting like this is a good team that's just not playing well, they're lousy.

MasterShake
09-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Addition by subtraction as far as i'm concerned. Bulger has no zip on the ball, seems totally disinterested and this move gets everyones attention. Not the answer to all their problems but i think it's a start. People need to stop acting like this is a good team that's just not playing well, they're lousy.

NOBODY thinks this is a good team playing bad....its a BAD team, but Bulger isn't a bad QB.

bigbluedefense
09-23-2008, 01:55 PM
so i guess its Bulger's fault that no one blocks for him?

I guess Trent Green and his Michael Vick like scrambling ability will help fix the problems?

Scott Linehan is such a terrible HC. And not just that, bc its not all his fault, but this is a terrible team. The only benefit I see from this is that it prevents Bulger from turning into David Carr long term by getting hit over and over again.

Its almost like theyre throwing in the towel, and saving Bulger's life to fight another season after they fix that oline.

yodabear
09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
I may no longer be a Rams fan......

A desperate move by a desperate coach who will get the axe after another 20+ point loss on Sunday.

Geo
09-23-2008, 02:02 PM
I put the finger on blame most to the front office, namely player acquisition. With respect to the Draft specifically, the Rams have needed to do a better job.

Though thinking about it, it may be player development and that falls on Linehan and his coaches.

When '06 first round pick Tye Hill is constantly getting benched through three games in his third season, there is something wrong with that situation. And to be fair, maybe it's all on Hill for failing to perform, even if he is talented.

bigbluedefense
09-23-2008, 02:05 PM

A desperate move by a desperate coach who will get the axe after another 20+ point loss on Sunday.

don't be a *****.

nfrillman
09-23-2008, 02:19 PM

That is exactly what it is. Linehan is just trying to save his ass anyway he can. He already threw Bulger under the bus before the last game by saying they need better, more consistent play from the QB position. Yeah, like it's only his fault they are losing. I guess the nonexistent O-line, 1 WR deep depth chart, zero pass rush D-line, horrendous angle taking, god awful coverage, and laughably bad tackling aren't a problem. Those last three are you Corey Chavous, you scrub SOB.

Geo
09-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Who is Bulger supposed to throw too? Martz gave him Holt, Bruce, Kevin Curtis, and Shaun McDonald. Plus Mike Furrey was playing emergency safety and I think Dane Looker might have also been there.

It wasn't until this past April that the Rams drafted Donnie Avery as the first wide receiver off the board, and also Keenan Burton of Kentucky. They wasted money on big waste of space Drew Bennett. Isaac Bruce is in San Fran catching touchdowns from the JTO.

Steven Jackson can't be your leading receiver, if you want to be a team above .500.

WMD
09-23-2008, 02:36 PM
for... Trent Green?

Menardo75
09-23-2008, 02:41 PM
So Bulger gets benched because his o-line can't block for him. This team has done a very bad job rebuilding. The only draft pick I see doing very much from this class is Chris Long. The worst part probably is that they really do not have a lot of great young players to build around on either side.

This will probably be the end for Linehan, hopefully the next guy does better.

Geo
09-23-2008, 02:43 PM
St. Louis needs to clean house at the top imo, and work from there. And yes that includes Linehan.

KCJ58
09-23-2008, 02:51 PM
if your not gonna start Bulger then at least put in Brock Berlin

SFbear
09-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Linehan probably senses that he is going to be fired over the bye. Who's going to take over? Haslett? Saunders?

Scotty D
09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Weren't there rumors of Bulger being floated around by the Rams during the off-season? Probably just rubbish but I remember hearing tid bits.

Staubach12
09-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Franchise failure. They just need to get back to the drawing board.

holt_bruce81
09-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Has anyone watched Bulger this year? he looks terrible. Even when he gets time to throw the ball he's missing open receivers.

MidwayMonster31
09-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I think it's "all of the above" with the Rams problems. Whether or not it's front office moves, bad coach selections, bad coaching or bad player development. I think Scott Linehan knows that he's as good as screwed. He has to do whatever it takes to save his job..
I said last year that Bulger's broken ribs could give him problems, especially with how important it is to rotate while throwing. Changing a quarterback might be the most superficial shakeup, but it is still a shakeup. I'm sure Trent Green will be able to help the defense not get ran over or burned down the field (sarcasm).

Babylon
09-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Has anyone watched Bulger this year? he looks terrible. Even when he gets time to throw the ball he's missing open receivers.

That's how i see it, he was sacked once against Seattle,granted i didnt have the stomach to watch the whole game but i didnt even see a lot of pressure on him. He looks very lackluster and ordinary out there. Having said all that it isnt all his fault but you dont get anyone's attention benching a guard. Guys like Carriker and Long need to start acting like #1 picks and that may help. I dont see them winning a bunch of games this year, and i'd say as far as developement goes they're probably somewhere between Detroit and KC.

cdub11
09-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Trent Green is not the answer to the Rams many problems lol

Saints-Tigers
09-23-2008, 04:25 PM
I wonder if Jim Haslett would like to come back as a defensive coordinator? We have the personnel he loves to create pressure, it would be like when he had Darren Howard, Charles Grant, Joe Johnson, Laroi Glover and Norman Hand all over again, this time with some other play makers around them.

Geo
09-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Haslett was doing a great job in the last couple of games last season, doing creative things with the Rams' defense.

That they have started so poorly this season is a big surprise.

BlindSite
09-23-2008, 05:18 PM
So green is gonna be sacked 5 times a game rather than bulger, that team is in serious strife, I don't understand why they don't just get their younger players more snaps and see what they can do.

Matthew Jones
09-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Sacked or not, Marc Bulger wasn't looking good out there. They probably don't want him to get hurt, and are just kind of throwing Green to the wolves so that they can work on their line in the offseason. Won't end up well, in my opinion. I would have started Brock Berlin if anything. I can't wait until Scott Linehan is fired.

This is the idiot who ordered two lob passes to Chris Chambers during a goal line stand at the end of the game against the Pats as Dolphins OC - when Chambers couldn't see anything with the sun in his eyes and the Dolphins were within the five yard line.

They proceeded to lose about five yards on a screen pass after that, and then threw incomplete. It's an obvious run situation for a reason - you don't trust Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams to gain you five yards on four carries? What the hell is wrong with you?

It was very obvious he was trying to show what an "out of the box" thinker he was in order to get a head coach job. The Rams were the team stupid enough to give him one.

Babylon
09-23-2008, 05:30 PM
So green is gonna be sacked 5 times a game rather than bulger, that team is in serious strife, I don't understand why they don't just get their younger players more snaps and see what they can do.

10 sacks in 3 games against Eagles,Giants and Seahawks( 3 of the better pass rushing teams). You could argue that isnt that bad, i dont think QB is the only problem but Bulger wasnt getting the job done.

BlindSite
09-23-2008, 05:34 PM
No one on that team is getting the job done. Players don't go from being good to being bad for no reason. The offensive line may have only given up 3 sacks but statistically he's nearly completing 60 percent of his passes and is 2 TDs and 2 INTs, not terrible stats for a player with such a bad supporting cast.

Prowler
09-23-2008, 05:40 PM
what year is this again? is faulk still playing? y2k must be approaching...

CC.SD
09-23-2008, 07:12 PM
what if Trent Green just comes out of NOWHERE and wins a SUPER BOWL for them omg so epic, complete the circle Trent, take the destiny that was stolen from you!!! by Rodney Harrison and Kurt Warner!!!!!! Bwahahahaha

Ah, good times.

Geo
09-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Confirmed, that's the master plan of the shrewd Rams.

Kurt Warner replaced Trent Green -> success
Marc Bulger replaced Kurt Warner -> success
Trent Green replaces Marc Bulger -> success (?)

KCJ58
09-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Weren't there rumors of Bulger being floated around by the Rams during the off-season? Probably just rubbish but I remember hearing tid bits.

I don't think they would move Bulger at the beginning of the season or even now because of his contract salary i'd doubt anyone would wanna take his huge contract maybe next season if the GM decides, i don't think the Rams will move until at least 2 years of his contract are left or they release him because he blows

J-Shock
09-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Now what happens if Green gets knocked out with a concussion?

CC.SD
09-23-2008, 07:23 PM

I think you mean "when."

neko4
09-23-2008, 07:27 PM
if your not gonna start Bulger then at least put in Brock Berlin
Yeah, use somebody young.

Maybe Green will get hurt again and Berlin will be the next Warner!

I hope Green doesnt get hurt again, Im suprised that guy can think straight.

I think STL should draft Oher in the first and in the 2nd...

CHASE DANIEL. I dont care that he's 6-0 the guys accurate, smart, good mobility in the pocket, can run, good build and can make the throws needed to be a pro QB. Reminds me a little bit of a beefy Troy Smith.

Matthew Jones
09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
1. Marc Bulger injured
2. Trent Green replaces him
3. ???
4. Profit!

KCJ58
09-23-2008, 07:40 PM

they put Bulger back in

iBoldin
09-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Can this team be a more dysfunctional bunch then the Raiders or Lions? Seems like they are moving up the boards pretty fast.

The Legend
09-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I just hope Green doesnt hurt himself

Ness
09-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Scott Linehan is a terrible coach. Strange how all the offensive talent the Rams had two seasons ago when Linehan took over is now extinguished.

Bucs_Rule
09-23-2008, 09:15 PM
It is weird to think of that. I never would have imaged the offense could end up so bad that quickly. Terrible personnel moves and terrible coaching. I hated bringing in Bennett and McMichael, than letting McDonald and Curtis go. I thought McMichael and Bennett were overrated. That was when Bruce was still #2 and making Bennett the slot guy, something big slow receivers aren't good at. Letting Bruce go was fine, the team obviously is rebuilding and Bruce won't be still playing when the team finally is able to contend. Better to let the young players play.

scottyboy
09-23-2008, 09:17 PM
maybe now they won't be ******* idiots and will give Leonard the rock. SJax at QB, Leonard at RB? Wild hog FTW! Take a page out of Ronnie's book. Only Brian will be the one scoring the TD's. And he won't get 4 rushing. He'll get 11

rockio42
09-23-2008, 09:20 PM
I think this is a publicity stunt by the Rams, the city of St. Louis loves Trent Green because he is a STL native and went to one of the biggest HS in the area

actually probably not but I like acting naive to disguise how bad the team i love really is

bored of education
09-23-2008, 09:34 PM
If he gets a concussion=OH JEEZE!

giantsfan
09-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Iknow that oline has been terrible for a while but Bulger at this point reminds me of were Kurt Warner was before coming to the Gmen. Just beaten to a pulp and he wakes up everyday knowing it's going to get worse as he gets hit more and more.

PACKmanN
09-23-2008, 11:29 PM
so i guess its Bulger's fault that no one blocks for him?

I guess Trent Green and his Michael Vick like scrambling ability will help fix the problems?

Scott Linehan is such a terrible HC. And not just that, bc its not all his fault, but this is a terrible team. The only benefit I see from this is that it prevents Bulger from turning into David Carr long term by getting hit over and over again.

Its almost like theyre throwing in the towel, and saving Bulger's life to fight another season after they fix that oline.

trust me when i say this, but Bulger is useless now. He is afraid of getting hit now, he no longer steps up in the pocket on his throws anymore fearing of getting hit. I don't think he has it mentally to play football anymore.

giantsfan
09-24-2008, 12:24 AM
trust me when i say this, but Bulger is useless now. He is afraid of getting hit now, he no longer steps up in the pocket on his throws anymore fearing of getting hit. I don't think he has it mentally to play football anymore.

Which are all symptoms of Kurt Warner Syndrome induced by heavy abuse of MikeMartzPlayCalling.

Menardo75
09-24-2008, 01:01 AM
Nothing a fresh start won't fix.

yourfavestoner
09-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Which are all symptoms of Kurt Warner Syndrome induced by heavy abuse of MikeMartzPlayCalling.

Bingo. He's been
http://wallpapers.free-review.net/wallpapers/16/Over_the_Hedge_-_shell_Shocked.jpg

KCJ58
09-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Bingo. He's been
http://wallpapers.free-review.net/wallpapers/16/Over_the_Hedge_-_shell_Shocked.jpg

sweet avatar

FlyingElvis
09-24-2008, 11:19 AM
That is exactly what it is. Linehan is just trying to save his ass anyway he can. He already threw Bulger under the bus before the last game by saying they need better, more consistent play from the QB position. Yeah, like it's only his fault they are losing. I guess the nonexistent O-line, 1 WR deep depth chart, zero pass rush D-line, horrendous angle taking, god awful coverage, and laughably bad tackling aren't a problem. Those last three are you Corey Chavous, you scrub SOB.

This was my initial reaction, CYA move by Linehan. Then I remembered how bad this team is and thought maybe he was just trying to protect Bulger. Then I realized Linehan wouldn't be around to use him again next year anyway, so what's he protecting him for . . . ???

Then I realized the Rams stink and will be insignificant all year, so I grabbed a beer an played some Madden since I felt that was a better use of my time.

I think you mean "when."
lol. Thinking exactly the same thing. This will amount to a one game move, maybe less.

Can this team be a more dysfunctional bunch then the Raiders or Lions? Seems like they are moving up the boards pretty fast.

Matt Millen is gone - guess we have to bump the Rams up that list now.

yodabear
09-24-2008, 11:37 AM
don't be a *****.

I was joking about no longer being a Rams fan, but c'mon, we have fallen off so badly. We are like the Raiders of the NFC without the old ass owner, well our owner actually died over the offseason (RIP Georgia), but it is really bad right now, I mean what kinda move is this? Replacing a QB many believed was once a top 10 QB with a guy who I'm suprised hasn't gotten a concussion yet. Oh wait a minute he practices our defense never mind, our defense couldn't hurt a fly. This is why Linehan has to go: in no phases of the game have we looked like an NFL team. I'm suprised we haven't given up a special teams TD yet, oh god I just gave the team another way to suck. We are just bad.

rockio42
09-24-2008, 02:17 PM
interesting fact...Bulger has a better passer rating as of now than Peyton Manning

not relevant but kind of a wierd fact

Fogartynyy2789
09-24-2008, 02:19 PM
So is St. Louis pumped up for Blues season yet?

rockio42
09-24-2008, 02:24 PM
So is St. Louis pumped up for Blues season yet?

Nope...just Spring Training

CC.SD
09-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Didn't think about this before, but it's really a pathetic move on the Rams management's part to put a guy who could be seriously, permanently injured by another concussion behind an O-line that has completely fallen apart.

Morally it's pretty unjustifiable. They seriously don't have a young QB they could develop? Sign one! Trade for one! Don't make me watch Trent Green try to figure out the difference between a pencil and an apple in ten years.

holt_bruce81
09-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Didn't think about this before, but it's really a pathetic move on the Rams management's part to put a guy who could be seriously, permanently injured by another concussion behind an O-line that has completely fallen apart.

Morally it's pretty unjustifiable. They seriously don't have a young QB they could develop? Sign one! Trade for one! Don't make me watch Trent Green try to figure out the difference between a pencil and an apple in ten years.

They have Brock Berlin......

Babylon
09-24-2008, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=CC.SD;1228674]Didn't think about this before, but it's really a pathetic move on the Rams management's part to put a guy who could be seriously, permanently injured by another concussion behind an O-line that has completely fallen apart.

That's rediculous, why not just pay the guy to stay home. You want to put the uniform on there is a distinct chance you might actually have to play.

BlindSite
09-24-2008, 10:32 PM

Trent Green is a big boy, he can make his own decision about whether or not to play.

jballa838
09-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Scott Linehan is probably going to every Hy-Vee trying to find the next Kurt Warner.

MarioPalmer
09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
I live in St.Louis and even tho my teams are the Bengals and the Texans I think this is fantastic. I know it sucks for this team now, but I think this is the answer to whats in store for this franchise in the future.

If you have watched the Rams these past few weeks you would have seen that Bulger has lost his touch and footwork. His mechanics have suffered greatly because of the onslaught of pass rushers and it has effected his play to the point of actually being a problem. But, in the Seattle game he wasn't rushed but only a few times and nothing that isn't typical for a NFL game. He was sacked once and he was rushed only a hand full of times, but because of the past 2 games his mechanics were horrid. His accuracy was off, he was sailing the ball instead of throwing it, it was looking like he was aiming the ball instead of just slinging it, and his decision making had become suspect.

Trust me, Trent Green is in no way the future of the St.Louis Rams, he is nothing but a stop gap to help Bulger get his mind right and settle himself down. What I do think is going on is this might be a sign of whats to come in St.Louis. Alex Barron's contract is up after this season and even though he has had multiple penalty problems, he is the leader of fals start penalties in the NFL, I think the Rams will resign him. Barron has the potential to be a franchise LT, he played it last year at a very high level and showed that he has what it takes to be the guy. That means if a high profile, ultra talented QB is at the top of the draft and there for the Rams to pick then I believe they pull the trigger and draft him.

The Rams have passed on, get this, Matt Ryan in last years draft and Jay Cutler in the 2006 NFL Draft. I think they have made 2 major blunders by passing on both of them. Bulger is not the future of this team. He was a compliment QB. A QB that can only play at a high level if given the right amount of time and weapons to succeed. He is not a Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Rothlisberger, Jay Cutler, etc. He is a compliment player who is in the same boat as Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbach, Chad Pennington and Jake Delhomme. He can't pick up a team and carry them when they are going through rough times.

I have to believe that the Rams, especially with the obvious change of guard at the end of the season will make a huge change in the personal department as well. Bulger, along with other popular Rams players, such as Loenard Little, Orlando Pace and Pisa Tinosomoa will all be released or traded in the offseason. This team must get younger and who ever they bring in will want to build this team from the ground up and there is no better place to start then to bring in a young, talented gunslinging quarterback like Matt Stafford. He brings the presence and hype of a high first round QB draft pick along with being the new face ot the franchise which this team so desperately needs.

The Rams are going to be blown up at the end of the year, and there is no better place to start the rebuilding process then by bringing in a young stud at the QB position, and it starts with this benching of Bulger this week.

I thought the passing on Haloti Ngata in 2006 and the passing on Darrelle Revis in 2007 and the passing on Glenn Dorsey would haunt this team the most, but I was wrong. The passing on QB's Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan has done huge damage to this squad. This team is old and faceless, and has no where to go but down. Only a new franchise type player like Stafford could give this team hope right now, and I believe that the Rams are defintly leading the pack in the race for the Stafford Bowl.

Babylon
09-24-2008, 11:40 PM
^
They'll likely pass on a QB again this year.

MarioPalmer
09-25-2008, 12:08 AM
^
They'll likely pass on a QB again this year.

They absolutely should not. They have to take the plunge and take a QB with a likely top 5 pick. They'd be crazy not too. And Stafford is the guy. He would be perfect for the Rams. He has a receiver with excellent hands to give him confidence and a top 5 RB to go along with a rebuilding offensive line that has very good cornerstones in Barron, Bell and Incognito. And if Greco can come about and develope as a starter then the ORT spot can be occupied by him.

Personally if I was running the team and making decisions I would dangle Bulger, Little and Pace out for the highest bidder right before or during the NFL Draft to try and get the best value for one of them. Hopefully I could get a 2nd for Pace, a 3rd or 4th for Bulger and a 4th or 5th for Little. With those extra picks, I would build the engine of the machine. All Offensive lineman, seriously. I would take the best available center for Steven Jackson, one that can create the holes and lanes for Jackson to chew up yards and support the play action play calling. With this type of offensive play calling I could give Matt Stafford a base to gain his confidence and develope without having to do too much in his frist souple of years.

For the defense, I would resign my top young players. Any player that is 30+ would be let go or not resigned. I would build around Witherspoon and Carriker. Chris Long is a major bust so I would have to suck it up with him and just try to make the best of it. I would most certainly move him to the LE spot so he would go against the lesser of the 2 tackles the RT. I would then, if he would develope a little, maybe even try trading him to a 3-4 defense, but with his salary and cap hit that would almost be impossible. God, was that an aweful pick. Anyway, I would look for a young defensive FA. I would be first in line to sign Terrell Suggs. He would be 26 years old and I would sign him to a 5 year deal worth around $50 million and make him my center piece on the D-Line. With my original 2nd rounder I would take the best available safety. Maybe Myron Rolle, Taylor Mays, etc. A big centerfielder who can be brought up to fill hard against the run. In the 3rd I would look for the best and most talented small school product. A talented player that would have to develope before making an imapact. A Brian Westbrook, Justin Durant, Nick Collins, etc. Someone with a ton of potential and someone, regardless of position, who has the athletic ability to be great, but needs to be developed.

This team has a few pieces, but not enough, and certainly not any real cornerstones. They are short a franchise DE, LB, WR, CB and of coarse a QB. The 2009 NFL Draft has to be the year the Rams rebuild and start over from square one. At least then, fans can see that this team has a plan. INstead of now, when we just see......well.......this.

giantsfan
09-25-2008, 01:36 AM
Stafford sounds like a great idea, except for the fact that most high draft pick QBs who get rushed onto the field with a JV offensive line end up developing Kurt Warner syndrome with or without Mike Martz as their OC, see Carr, David.

sweet avatar

I like the rolls more.

BlindSite
09-25-2008, 03:14 AM
They're better of fixing that offensive line and drafting some more linebacker talent Will Witherspoon can't do it all.

CC.SD
09-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Trent Green is a big boy, he can make his own decision about whether or not to play.

Yeah but from a health standpoint I seriously disagree with him still being out there, that's all. Players will always play through concussions because they don't take them seriously. They are definitely serious business and Trent Green is risking screwing his head up for the rest of his life. Especially since he's playing with no blocking on a hopeless team...why Trent, why?

MarioPalmer
09-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Stafford sounds like a great idea, except for the fact that most high draft pick QBs who get rushed onto the field with a JV offensive line end up developing Kurt Warner syndrome with or without Mike Martz as their OC, see Carr, David.

I like the rolls more.

I agree, thats why if you can't find a suiter for Bulger in the draft keep him and let him get killed the first year, don't have to rush Stafford into the NFL then and he can develope in Al Saunders complex offense for a year before being the starter. If I was running them thats how I would mold them.

Draft Stafford cause the odds of being at the top of the draft for Mark Sanchez in 2010 is slim to nill. So go after your future now and build from there. Like I said earlier the Rams already have Alex Barron, Jacob Bell and Richie Icognito. Also John Greco might develope into a starter and you could draft the best available lineman in the 2nd round of the 2009 Draft and in 2010 bank on taking the best OT available. That is your engine for the offense. After that build the defense from the ground up.

I mean hardcore. Best available defensive player in the 1rst after 2010, best available defensive player in the 2nd and after that all LB's and CB's. Forget about high profile picks such as receivers and backs. You have Steven Jackson and for the first few Stafford years you base the offense off of Jackson and play action and tough defense that has an identity.

That would be my 4 year plan. I think every team that is either rebuilding or about to rebuild needs around 4 years to be ready to contend for a serious run at the championship. If the Rams can stay on that plan and not get side tracked with dumb moves or flashy signings then they can be alright. The Rams need to get back to basics in the front office and personall dept. Draft QB, OT, MLB and safety. In consecutive years just like that. No receivers, no TE's, no CB's, no DL (unless a Mario should appear in the next few years), and no RB's. All basics.

LonghornsLegend
09-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah but from a health standpoint I seriously disagree with him still being out there, that's all. Players will always play through concussions because they don't take them seriously. They are definitely serious business and Trent Green is risking screwing his head up for the rest of his life. Especially since he's playing with no blocking on a hopeless team...why Trent, why?

I agree, which is why I was surprised they even cleared him after the last hit, I don't trust him out there and its going to be scary watching him scramble for his life.

holt_bruce81
09-26-2008, 12:04 AM
They're better of fixing that offensive line and drafting some more linebacker talent Will Witherspoon can't do it all.

He should be playing the WILL, he's not a middle linebacker.

DragonFireKai
09-26-2008, 02:23 AM
The Rams aren't trying to win the game, they're trying to make a snuff film. Trent Green's history of concussions, behind a line that bad? I'm not going to watch what happens.

yourfavestoner
09-26-2008, 02:54 AM
I hope he survives. That's really all I can say...

holt_bruce81
09-26-2008, 08:32 PM
Bulger told the St. Louis post-Dispatch that he doesn't want to play for Scott Linehan anymore.

MasterShake
09-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Bulger told the St. Louis post-Dispatch that he doesn't want to play for Scott Linehan anymore.

Apparently PFT is reporting Holt hates Linehan too and they are trying to trade him....

Are the Rams more disfunctional than the Raiders? Its a close raise of ridiculousness...

giantsfan
09-27-2008, 12:09 AM
*Scott Linehan at a recent Team-Meeting*

Linehan: So Al Davis has been trying to get his Headcoach to quit so he doesn't have to pay him.
Haslett: What's wrong with you?
Linehan: I'll see your attempted firing Davis, and raise you the release of our starting Corner! *Cuts Fahkir Brown, a Haslett favorite*
Haslett: Got to hell and die. (storms out of the room)
Linehan(now sitting alone with a dumb smirk on his face): Yeah, I'm the Headcoach ***** and you're gunna like it. *Drifts into further plots to embarrass his organization*

CC.SD
09-27-2008, 01:18 AM
Trading Holt for a pick right now would be the best move the Rams have made since 1999. Someone (Jerry Jones?) will overpay for a future Hall of Fame wideout for a few years...rent a gun!

GB12
09-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Bulger will now start the rest of the season.

I think this is proof that Linehan was either trying to get fired or knew he was going to get fired so he decided to mess with them.

HawkeyeFan
10-01-2008, 02:31 AM
Bulger will now start the rest of the season.

I think this is proof that Linehan was either trying to get fired or knew he was going to get fired so he decided to mess with them.
He made a bunch of last minute shuffles to try to retain his job and provide a spark, too bad he didn't do that during Week 1.