PDA

View Full Version : Smart move or Cheap move?

badgerbacker
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
A little background to start off: I am in a fantasy league with some of my friends for money. If it were a just for fun league, I think that might have changed my decision.

Last week, I was up by 6 points going into Monday Night Football. My opponent has nobody left to play, and I have LaDainian Tomlinson left. I decide, since I have already have a lead and he has nobody left to play, to sit LT in case something crazy (he fumbles 3 times) happens. Well it obviously turned out that playing him wouldn't have been a problem as he had positive points, but some of my friends had a problem with me sitting him, claiming it was cheap and I should play all of my players.

The point of this is that I'm looking for some opinions. Was benching LT to guarantee a victory a smart move on my part, or a cheap, bushleague move?

WMD
09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I say it was smart.

djp
09-23-2008, 03:12 PM
I did that two years ago, when Jeff Garcia was on the Eagles and didn't play Week 17, so I had put in Tarvaris Jackson (first start). I was up 2 points so I just benched Jackson.. he got -3 points.

Smartest move I ever made.

Bosanac01
09-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Smart move man, you're playing for money, of course your friends will be mad but i bet they'll do the same.

cdub11
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
good move!!!

Crickett
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
The point of this is that I'm looking for some opinions. Was benching LT to guarantee a victory a smart move on my part, or a cheap, bushleague move?

When Brian Westbrook ducked down on the 1 a while back to end the game against the Cowboys instead of scoring a touchdown, it was a smart move. So was this.