PDA

View Full Version : Lawlz Factory: Jamar Nesbit Suspended

Flyboy
09-23-2008, 03:25 PM
NFL Announces G Jamar Nesbit Suspended 4 Games

by Doug Miller, NewOrleansSaints.com
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 2:45 PM

Jamar Nesbit of the New Orleans Saints has been suspended without pay for the team’s next four games for violating the NFL Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances.

Nesbit’s suspension begins immediately. He is eligible to return to the Saints’ active roster on Monday, October 20 following the team’s October 19 game against the Carolina Panthers.

“We are disappointed in the suspension of Jamar,” said Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis. “We will support Jamar through this process and look forward to having him rejoin the team soon.”

I laugh because of the strand of bad luck the Saints have dealt with thus far early in the season. But, this could be a blessing in disguise - many people feel that Nesbit is the weakest link on the offensive line (particularly in the running game) and gives Carl Nicks to step up to the plate.

diabsoule
09-23-2008, 03:27 PM
We will now see what Carl Nicks can do.

And what else will go wrong with the Saints?

Saints-Tigers
09-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Now I just need to slip some roids into Stinchcomb's drink, and my plan will be complete.

yourfavestoner
09-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Meh...try losing both of your guards for the season in a span of about twenty minutes.

BlindSite
09-23-2008, 05:16 PM
That sucks for the Saints, that team is cursed or something, they should find a witchdoctor to remove a curse from their team and see how that goes.

bearsfan_51
09-23-2008, 05:18 PM
many people feel that Nesbit is the weakest link on the offensive line (particularly in the running game) and gives Carl Nicks to step up to the plate.

They should put some spare ribs on that plate to make sure Nicks finds it.

Saints-Tigers
09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm just excited to see how Nicks can do, he's really talented. He will probably keep the job too. Now we need to replace Goodwin and Stinchcomb.

Number 10
09-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Nicks will be the Saints best lineman by season's end.

Saints-Tigers
09-23-2008, 10:57 PM
I hope you are right my man. I'd like for him to replace Stinch, because drafting a great guard will be easier than drafting a tackle, unless we are high in the draft.

Menardo75
09-23-2008, 10:58 PM
I hope you are right my man. I'd like for him to replace Stinch, because drafting a great guard will be easier than drafting a tackle, unless we are high in the draft.

I don't know about that this draft may be deeper at OL than last years.

saintsfan912
09-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Wait, Nesbit got suspended for steroids? He's terrible! How could he actually get busted for steroids when he's a ****** as he is?

Saints-Tigers
09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
I don't know about that this draft may be deeper at OL than last years.

That's true, I'm really liking Duke Robinson right now though.

PACKmanN
09-23-2008, 11:37 PM
for all we know Nicks can be a 36 year old rookie, how much of an upgrade is that, lol.

Flyboy
09-23-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm just excited to see how Nicks can do, he's really talented. He will probably keep the job too. Now we need to replace Goodwin and Stinchcomb.

Goodwin isn't great, but he's serviceable. Stinchcomb is an entirely different story, though.

Saints-Tigers
09-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Meh, I thought Goodwin was the answer last year, but I don't really like what I've seen so far this year...

diabsoule
09-24-2008, 01:01 AM
Goodwin isn't great, but he's serviceable. Stinchcomb is an entirely different story, though.

My thoughts exactly. I wanted Jammal Brown to replace Stinchcomb and have Zach Strief replace Brown last year. I still don't think that idea is terrible.

I want Strief to be a starter. He has more than held his own in every game he's played and I'd love to see him on the left side, although I think he'd be a hell of a right tackle as well.

Menardo75
09-24-2008, 01:03 AM
As long as the Saints don't play Deuce this week ill be happy :)

bigG
09-24-2008, 02:26 AM
My boy Bushrod may have a chance to get some playing time now. He is at left tackle but he is probably the most athletic lineman they have.

diabsoule
09-24-2008, 03:06 AM
My boy Bushrod may have a chance to get some playing time now. He is at left tackle but he is probably the most athletic lineman they have.

I have been wondering what we're doing with Bushrod. I wonder if he could step up and play RT.

bigG
09-24-2008, 03:11 AM
They have him backing up Jamal Brown at LT. He normaly doesnt dress because they only suit up 6 lineman. He has put on alot of weight and is around 325+ now. He looked really good in the preseason so we will see.

eaglesalltheway
09-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Saints fans, whats the word on Jahri Evans? He is a kid who went to school near where I am and just wanted to know what is up with him. I remember his rookie year he started and was getting a lot of praise. He was once considered a major steal, has he faded, or is it one of those situations where too much was expected? Is he about what youd guys expected? I really liked this kid coming out and thought he could be a great OG in the NFL. I was glad he went to you guys, because he has the perfect opportunity to succeed down there as your RG.

Flyboy
09-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Saints fans, whats the word on Jahri Evans? He is a kid who went to school near where I am and just wanted to know what is up with him. I remember his rookie year he started and was getting a lot of praise. He was once considered a major steal, has he faded, or is it one of those situations where too much was expected? Is he about what youd guys expected? I really liked this kid coming out and thought he could be a great OG in the NFL. I was glad he went to you guys, because he has the perfect opportunity to succeed down there as your RG.

One of the best young guards in the game and easily our best lineman. He's THAT good.

J-Shock
09-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Insert Nicks. BTW gotta love his tatoo.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3079/2489628151_a0ba41e3b7.jpg

Saints-Tigers
09-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah, Jahri is most likely a pro bowler.

SaintsMan
09-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Even during the Broncos game, the announcer mentioned that Payton referred to Evans as the Saints best Lineman. And we should see the running game improve with Nicks starting.

diabsoule
09-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Nicks should be an immediate upgrade over Nesbit. I'm looking forward to seeing how he can do Sunday against SF. Our next order of business is to replace Stinchcomb.

J-Shock
09-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Nicks should be an immediate upgrade over Nesbit. I'm looking forward to seeing how he can do Sunday against SF. Our next order of business is to replace Stinchcomb.I'd replace Goodwin before Stinch personally. JMO.

diabsoule
09-25-2008, 12:25 AM
I'd replace Goodwin before Stinch personally. JMO.

The only person on the team that can replace Goodwin is Matt Lehr, who we just recently signed.