PDA

View Full Version : Tebow vs Sanchez.. Who will be the #1 overall in 2010

dregolll
09-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Which on eof these QBs will be the top pick overall in the 2010 NFL Draft? Both of these guys, in my opinion are excellent prospects and have all the physical and mental skills to succed on the next level. Tebow to me, reminds me of Troy Aikman, he has all the tools you look for in a franchise QB. I don't get why so many people hate Tim, he's an excellent QB prospect.
Mark Sanchez has been rising up the draft boards lately also with his play of late. Sanchez also has every tool you look for in a franchise QB. So my question to you guys is which one of these QBs will be the #1 overall pick in 2010 if they both return for their senior year, which I expect both to do?

Iamcanadian
09-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I think Stafford could also return. So far examples of junior QB's succeeding in the NFL isn't that great so all 3 may return. If any win the NC game then that one could be gone.
If all three return they could also be challenged for the #1 spot in what could turnout to be a very solid draft year for QB's. Just way too early to tell.

regoob2
09-25-2008, 09:42 AM
pro system vs BS system. Sanchez ftw.

CJSchneider
09-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Im starting to think that if Sanchez keeps up his performance thus far, he may decide to declare as a junior. If so, I think Tebow gets drafted first (not #1, but first) but I forsee Sanchez having the better pro career.

Matthew Jones
09-25-2008, 10:22 AM
There is no question at this point - I would take Mark Sanchez ahead of both Tebow and Matt Stafford, as well as any of the senior quarterbacks in the draft. If he declares, he'll most likely be my #1 QB, barring anything unforeseen (severe injury, arrests, total failure throughout the remainder of the season, Sam Bradford declaring, etc.)

rockio42
09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Don't forget Sam Braddford could be in this conversation too

Can you imagine a draft with Sanchez, Stafford, Braddford, and Tebow

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Don't forget Sam Braddford could be in this conversation too

Can you imagine a draft with Sanchez, Stafford, Braddford, and Tebow

Like the double D's do you rockio:D?

rockio42
09-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Like the double D's do you rockio:D?

better question...who doesn't?

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2008, 01:20 PM
better question...who doesn't?

Touche, my good man, touche.

the_legend_killer
09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Mark Sanchez

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Mark Sanchez

You are succinct (sp) and blunt, haha.

P-L
09-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Mark Sanchez, easily. He's the real deal. Great mechanics, great footwork, and very accurate. He doesn't have the strongest arm, but he has enough of an arm that allows him to make all the throw necessary.

Tim Tebow is still a huge question mark in my mind. I'm not ready to move him to fullback, but I'm not going to say he's at the top of my list of quarterbacks either. He plays in that Urban Meyer system in which he doesn't have to make difficult reads and his receivers are usually open. He needs a major overhaul of his mechanics. That arm motion is painful to watch. I'm also not fond of his running style. I doubt that it translates to the pros at the quarterback position.

georgiafan
09-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Like everyone else I would give the edge to Sanchez even though I think both end up going in the 1st round. The thing scares me about Sanchez is that the talent is so good around him I think any QB would look good. So if he comes out after his first year that might scare me atleat it does after just 2 games.

D-Unit
09-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Tebow can't throw. He's gonna suck in the NFL. Don't believe the hype.

Race for the Heisman
09-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Sanchez should be based on his floor, but Tebow will be for his ceiling.

soybean
09-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Like everyone else I would give the edge to Sanchez even though I think both end up going in the 1st round. The thing scares me about Sanchez is that the talent is so good around him I think any QB would look good. So if he comes out after his first year that might scare me atleat it does after just 2 games.

that only matters when you're judging them by their numbers or stats.

You can tell he's the real deal by watching his style of play.

i don't like how he holds the ball though, he kind of has the gunslinger mentality.

A Perfect Score
09-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Mark Sanchez, easily. He's the real deal. Great mechanics, great footwork, and very accurate. He doesn't have the strongest arm, but he has enough of an arm that allows him to make all the throw necessary.

Tim Tebow is still a huge question mark in my mind. I'm not ready to move him to fullback, but I'm not going to say he's at the top of my list of quarterbacks either. He plays in that Urban Meyer system in which he doesn't have to make difficult reads and his receivers are usually open. He needs a major overhaul of his mechanics. That arm motion is painful to watch. I'm also not fond of his running style. I doubt that it translates to the pros at the quarterback position.

Sounds an awful lot like Matt Leinart doesnt he...not that Im saying thats a bad thing, cause im a big Leinart fan and a do think Sanchez should be taken before Tebow, but am I the only one who thinks that looks EXACTLY like what scouts said about Leinart coming out?

I_EAT_BABIEZ
09-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Gotta be Sanchez, over Stafford or Tebow.

Sniper
09-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Not even a question. Tim Tebow has too many question marks surrounding him to be drafted that high.

Staubach12
09-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Sanchez by far.

-Sanchez plays in a pro-style offense. Tebow plays in the Meyer system.
-Sanchez has excellent accuracy. Tebow's accuracy in okay.
-Neither have fantastic arms.
-Both are gamers, though Tebow has better inangibles.
-Tebow's mechanics are so bad it makes me sick. Sanchez has good mechanics.
-Tebow is the better athlete.

There's my comparison.

Sniper
09-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Sanchez by far.

-Sanchez plays in a pro-style offense. Tebow plays in the Meyer system.
-Sanchez has excellent accuracy. Tebow's accuracy in okay.
-Neither have fantastic arms.
-Both are gamers, though Tebow has better inangibles.
-Tebow's mechanics are so bad it makes me sick. Sanchez has good mechanics.
-Tebow is the better athlete.

There's my comparison.

Tebow completed 67% of his passes last year. That's just "okay"?

I_EAT_BABIEZ
09-25-2008, 04:14 PM

You're right he has above average accuracy but it's not nearly what a number one pick should have.

Sniper
09-25-2008, 04:20 PM
You're right he has above average accuracy but it's not nearly what a number one pick should have.

2008 Matt Ryan: 59.3%
2007 JaMarcus Russell: 67.8%
2006 Matt Leinart: 65.7%
2005 Alex Smith: 67.5%

You were saying?

I_EAT_BABIEZ
09-25-2008, 04:21 PM

You were saying?

You can't measure everything in numbers.

Sniper
09-25-2008, 04:28 PM

Haha of course you say that after I completely disprove your earlier point.

I_EAT_BABIEZ
09-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Haha of course you say that after I completely disprove your earlier point.

Buddy, you're saying that SOLELY because Tebow has a high completion percentage that his accuracy is now a strong point?

Sniper
09-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Buddy, you're saying that SOLELY because Tebow has a high completion percentage that his accuracy is now a strong point?

No, chief. But to say his accuracy is "just okay" when he's completing 2/3 passes is incorrect.

Sniper
09-25-2008, 04:34 PM
You just said that 67% wasn't good enough to be a #1 pick, when in reality, 67% is ridiculously good.

I_EAT_BABIEZ
09-25-2008, 04:34 PM
You just said that 67% wasn't good enough to be a #1 pick, when in reality, 67% is ridiculously good.

I wasn't talking about the number I was speaking of his actual accuracy.

I_EAT_BABIEZ
09-25-2008, 04:35 PM
No, chief. But to say his accuracy is "just okay" when he's completing 2/3 passes is incorrect.

And I agreed with that.

SMoore
09-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Sounds an awful lot like Matt Leinart doesnt he...not that Im saying thats a bad thing, cause im a big Leinart fan and a do think Sanchez should be taken before Tebow, but am I the only one who thinks that looks EXACTLY like what scouts said about Leinart coming out?

Although I like Sanchez better, I agree the scouting reports are pretty similar. Eerily similar once you look at it that close.

Saints-Tigers
09-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Am I the only one that hasn't jumped all over the Sanchez Wagon? I don't like his measurables, and while I'm not a Tebow fan, I think people are penalizing him a bit to much, and not doing the same for the guy who plays with the most talent in the country offensively.

hellrazor
09-25-2008, 06:26 PM
lol leinart wishes he had sanchezs arm strength. theyre not even that similar. sanchez moves better and can make all the throws that leinart cant. leinart has more poise than sanchez but hes still young. usc hasnt had a qb with sanchezs arm strength since carson palmer for people questioning him.

STARHEATHER
09-25-2008, 07:11 PM
no chance for either. maybe 1-2 for the heisman. the idea of my team using a high pick on one of these. its too terrible for words. sanchez is definitely the better thrower and nfl prospect

Staubach12
09-25-2008, 07:45 PM

67% is fantastic in a pro-style offense, but not so much in a Meyer offense. You can't look at stats when evaluating accuracy in college players, much less when evaluating a player from a Meyer offense.

So you have to evaluate players on a play-by-play basis. When watching Tebow, he doesn't complete a lot of balls he should complete. His accuracy is quite inconsistent. He has a tendency to ground intermediate throws, which will only become a bigger problem in the NFL where he'll have more pressure on him consistently.

One source of the problem is his inability to be comfortable in the pocket. Tebow rarely ever stands tall and always seems to be looking for a way out rather than trying to find his guy. So, while 67% is great on paper, football is played on the field, and Tebow would have some serious problems in a pro-style offense like the one Sanchez plays in.

Jericho@SC
09-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Tim Tebow is NOT everything you would look for in a prospect. In fact, he's the definition of a player being looked at because of athleticism and upside.

In terms of a polished QB, Tebow lacks many things that a well-developed QB should have.

-Horrible Mechanics
-Slow Release
-Bad Footwork (grown up in Shotgun offenses, rarely has had to drop back -does he know what a 3 step/5 step drop is?)

He has a strong arm, but not what I would call accurate. A big reason he throws 67% I think is because he has so much speed and skill around him that demands attention. Teams can't keep up with Florida's speed, so they have to respect the deep ball. Result is easy passes to wide open receivers short to intermediate.

As for Sanchez, he's IMO the most polished QB to come out in years. The complete opposite of Tebow.

-Great Mechanics
-Quick Release
-Best footwork in the college game IMO.
-Knows how to pump fake to draw a safety away.

Neither of the two have elite arm strength. But the difference is Sanchez excels in everything else -accuracy, technique among them.

Sanchez is worlds better as a prospect. He's a safer pick to succeed, and has more upside as a passer than Tebow, who needs an overhaul on his mechanics to ever hope to be an accurate QB in the NFL.

oh, and BTW. Sanchez is not a carbon copy of Leinart. He might look like him, but his release is quicker, he's more athletic and elusive, and has a much stronger arm.

P-L
09-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Meyer's system definitely inflates Tebow's accuracy. Alex Smith completed 68% of his passes in the same system, with less talent around him. Alex Smith is not someone I'd consider an accurate passer.

Sniper
09-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Meyer's system definitely inflates Tebow's accuracy. Alex Smith completed 68% of his passes in the same system, with less talent around him. Alex Smith is not someone I'd consider an accurate passer.

In the NFL? Alex Smith also had a different OC every year, a different LT, yatta yatta yatta. He was put in an atrocious situation for a young QB.

Tebow has also done it in the SEC though. And just because they come from a similar offense doesn't make them identical players to compare.

Disclaimer- In no way am I insinuating Tim Tebow should be the #1 pick

STARHEATHER
09-25-2008, 11:07 PM
so much for sanchez. youre watching the real mark sanchez tonight. inept. didnt penn st hang 50 on this team? so much for the rest of their prospects too. that team is awful. sanchez is leading the way. penn st hung 50 on them and sanchez cant do anything. im glad they got exposed now, because had they played the sec champ it would have been another yawner bcs title game

Sniper
09-25-2008, 11:10 PM
so much for sanchez. youre watching the real mark sanchez tonight. inept. didnt penn st hang 50 on this team? so much for the rest of their prospects too. that team is awful. sanchez is leading the way. penn st hung 50 on them and sanchez cant do anything. im glad they got exposed now, because had they played the sec champ it would have been another yawner bcs title game

Jumping to conclusions much? Teams do play bad games. In fact, SC tends to lose 1-2 conference games every year and still do well at the end.

STARHEATHER
09-25-2008, 11:40 PM
theyre terrible. sanchez is terrible. had a chance to drive to tie it. pick. another never was. they got 50 dropped on them by penn st and lost to stanford. theyre offense couldnt do anything. their whole team is a never was. at least as far as the nfl goes. you cant still believe can you? after that? in sanchez? penn st 50?

Sniper
09-25-2008, 11:47 PM
theyre terrible. sanchez is terrible. had a chance to drive to tie it. pick. another never was. they got 50 dropped on them by penn st and lost to stanford. theyre offense couldnt do anything. their whole team is a never was. at least as far as the nfl goes. you cant still believe can you? after that? in sanchez? penn st 50?

Trying to debate with you serves nothing, considering the fact that you're so delusional and closet-minded. Stanford beat USC last year by one, UCLA dropped 49 on Stanford, and USC beat UCLA by 17. The whole a>b, b>c so a>c really doesn't work in college football. Teams have bad games. Was Appalachian State a better team than Michigan last year? No. Was Michigan more talented than Florida? Probably not. But ASU beat Michigan and Michigan beat Florida. Your logic is incredibly flawed.

hobbes2053
09-25-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm so happy this happened. everyone jumped on Sanchez's n*ts after two wins and thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. He is not that great of a QB but he plays at USC, so everyone instantly bows down to blow him. I hope everyone watched this game tonight. Mythbusta said it.. tonight was the real Mark Sanchez.

Vox Populi
09-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Well... why not say who goes first between the two of them because there is the possibility that the team picking first might not need a quarterback. Also its my opinion that Marvin Austin will be the first overall pick next year...

I'd say Sanchez would go before Tebow though. Fewer questions with Sanchez and I don't think Tebow will ever be a consistently great passer and won't learn how to become one at Florida in their offense. Senior Bowl could be huge for a guy like Tebow, assuming he kicks it for his senior season and actually played in the senior bowl that is...

Vox Populi
09-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Also, just because Tebow completed 60% of his passes doesn't automatically make him an accurate quarterback. If you actually you know, watch him play, he clearly has wildly inconsistent accuracy and it is obviously one of his greatest issues as a passer that has to be dealt with. A lot of it is due to his ridiculous throwing motion though. With great coaching in the right system he could probably become a legend with his arm strength and leadership qualities.

His ceiling is certainly higher than Sanchez's, but I think Stafford's ceiling is higher than both of theirs.

MarioPalmer
09-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Mark Sanchez is the overall better QB. You can't underestimate Tebow's tenacity and leadership but his transition to the NFL is going to take a while and or my never happen.

Sanchez has excellent mechanics, great arm strength, and excellent mobility to go along with his leadership and knowledge of being brought up in a Pro-System. Mark Sanchez also has the physical attributes that coaches fall in love with. He is 6'4 220lbs. with a cannon and the mobility to get away from the pass rush. He reminds me of Jay Cutler and Steve Young. A guy who has the ability to stay in the pocket and throw a bomb in the face of an oncoming pass rush or the ability to run a boot leg to either side and throw the ball on the run. He is also doing this without a group of potential high first round picks at receiver. Only Damian Williams is a potential NFL star and Sanchez uses him to his fullest advantage. He makes excellent throws to his receivers to allow them to make a play after the catch. He has perfect ball placement and he also plays in an excellent conference to gage his competition. Sanchez is also ahead of the learning curve in understanding a complex Pro-Offense. He is has very good foot work in his 3, 5 and 7 step drops and knows when to get rid of the ball and when to take a sack. He does have the tendency to make bad decisions every once in awhile, but that will be fixed with more experience. He was very good against the Ohio St. Buckeyes defense, and that was the only facet of the Ohio St. squad that was formidable. And Sanchez took what they gave him and he beat them with his arm like a real franchise NFL QB should do.

He will not come out after this year, so his progress will only get better and he should be twice as polished coming out in 2010. Tebow only has a chance if his mechanics can be fixed and his style of offense can change a bit to fit a Pro-Style system. But that won't happen in a Urban Meyer team so Tebow will have to show the NFL brass in off-season workouts that he can make a smooth transition to the league. I just don't see him blowing away scouts and coaches in the Senior Bowl and in his Pro Day and at the Combine, so he has to show that he can be an NFL passer on tape in games. His accuracy has to greatly improve, his mechanics have to be smoothed out, his foot work needs to improve drasticaly. Also he needs to show that he can digest a NFL offense and recognise NFL defenses. I just don't see that happening with him now. But he still has 9 games left this year and a whole 12 next season. So there is still a long ways to go with his progression into becoming a top NFL QB prospect.

But right now, Mark Sanchez is the elite choice for the 2010 NFL Draft. Matt Stafford would be crazy not to leave after this year, because of how absolutely dreadful the senior QB class is. He would be the number 1 by default and would be an easy top 3 pick, and maybe even #1 overall if a team like the Chiefs, Rams, Dolphins or Lions are picking there.

hobbes2053
09-26-2008, 01:37 AM
...He has also played great in pressure situations. Look at the Oregon St. game. Down by 21 and he keeps them optimistic and brings them back to win 27-21. And in the first half he was being chased and pressured all over the field but yet to make one errorant throw or take one horrible sack...

You do know that USC lost that game, right? They lost because Sanchez threw a horrible pass that ended up getting picked and almost taken to the crib for 6. He didn't "bring them back" to win.. they lost.

MarioPalmer
09-26-2008, 01:45 AM
You do know that USC lost that game, right? They lost because Sanchez threw a horrible pass that ended up getting picked and almost taken to the crib for 6. He didn't "bring them back" to win.. they lost.

I'm sorry, my mistake, I stopped watching in the end of the 3rd and I checked ESPN and saw the score and ESPN said USC "defeated by" Oregon St. I thought it just said "Defeated". My mistake, I will edit the post. Forgive me, I do apologize guys.

MarioPalmer
09-26-2008, 01:57 AM

And I did say he does make poor decisions sometimes, but that can be fixed and it really doesn't scare off teams as much as you might think.

Remember, Matt Ryan and Carson Palmer both had INT problems of their own but because of their potential they overcame those issues when playing with competent receivers, backs and a coaching staff that will put them in a scenerio that will optimize their play.

That is very sad that USC would lose that game especially with their huge win over Ohio St. But, in terms of draft potential it really doesn't hurt Mark Sanchez as much as this loss hurts the middle of that defense. Rey Maualuga is a top draft choice as well as Brian Cushing, but Fili Moala and Averell Spicer are huge dissapointments in this game. They were man handled in this game and it really showed. The OS true freshman RB had over 100 yards in the first half. THats terrible, and this front line is very bad in terms of NFL potential. Another player that I have a problem with is Taylor Mays. Don't get me wrong, he has potential to be very good, but his coverage abilities have yet to be tested by a significant opposing QB. I don't see a big time passing attack playing against USC in their schedule, so I was actually hoping to see SC play Georgia or Oklahoma or at least Florida in the Championship Game, but it doesn't seem like we will get that preview of what his NFL carreer will hold.

But, please don't think that Sanchez will somehow drop in his NFL Draft status. We should all know by now that college wins and losses have really little to do with the potential and success of NFL QB's. Just look at Jay Cutler, Donovan McNabb, Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan, etc. They had their ups and down moments in terms of win/loss records. Mark Sanchez, even after this game is still atop the QB rankings of the 2010 class, of coarse thats with me assuming Stafford declares.

Matthew Jones
09-26-2008, 02:01 AM

Vince Young = 65.2% junior season. Please don't try arguing that he's an accurate quarterback.

hobbes2053
09-26-2008, 07:20 AM
I'm sorry, my mistake, I stopped watching in the end of the 3rd and I checked ESPN and saw the score and ESPN said USC "defeated by" Oregon St. I thought it just said "Defeated". My mistake, I will edit the post. Forgive me, I do apologize guys.

Ha no biggie good man. Just wanted to make sure you knew. No hate was intended.

P-L
09-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Seriously, it's one game. The whole USC team had a bad game, not just Mark Sanchez. He still completed 63% of his passes and threw 3 TD's.

Cribbs>Hester
09-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Seriously, it's one game. The whole USC team had a bad game, not just Mark Sanchez. He still completed 63% of his passes and threw 3 TD's.

Funny how you can say it was "just one game", but forget who it was just two games when everyone started calling him a 1st rounder and making him out to be this stud QB. I've heard everything from "best pro prespect at QB since Carson Palmer" to "The most pro ready QB in the draft"

I'm not calling the guy chopped liver after lastnight, but at the very list it should put the ridiculous USC homers, Sanchez lovers, and his hype train to rest.

Saints-Tigers
09-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Well he completed 62% with trash receivers.

Edit: talking about Vince Young...

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2008, 10:53 AM

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner! As a offensive coach that is damn true. Judge the accuracy by where he puts the ball on the WR, not by some stat. Not to mention, how is the system designed? What are the reads? I can basically clear out, and take the top of the coverage and throw hitches and curls all day and get my stats up. Doesn't mean I am accurate. My completion % may be in the 60s, but all my throws can be low, behind the WR, and so on. The thing is are they making me look good by catching the ball? So many variables.

P-L
09-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Funny how you can say it was "just one game", but forget who it was just two games when everyone started calling him a 1st rounder and making him out to be this stud QB. I've heard everything from "best pro prespect at QB since Carson Palmer" to "The most pro ready QB in the draft"

I'm not calling the guy chopped liver after lastnight, but at the very list it should put the ridiculous USC homers, Sanchez lovers, and his hype train to rest.
The fact that he didn't play great, doesn't change the fact that he has great mechanics, footwork, accuracy and a good arm. He's had those since high school. Very few QB's are going to look good with the way USC's offensive line looked last night. Nothing changed last night in my mind. He kept his team in the game when USC couldn't run the ball and the defense couldn't keep Oregon State off the field.

Babylon
09-26-2008, 11:14 AM
It probably isnt a good time to comment on any Trojan players after last nights debacle because is think they all had a hand in laying that huge egg up in Corvallis. Some thoughts on USC players.

Sanchez, i thought he showed some leadership even in a losing effort, i think he's a good not great prospect, moves ok, good arm with some good accuracy. Not sure he wont come out this year.

Rey Mauluuga, really hasnt looked like the same player for about a year now as far as i'm concerned. His speed, as was documented in the spring, is not what it used to be, no word on his knee injury from last night.

Brian Cushing, plays with so much torque that he is probably going to be nicked up a lot over his career although i dont think he's missed a snap due to injury this year. Great combination of size and speed for the position

Taylor Mays, to me he's gotten too big to play safety. In his defense he lines up about 20 yards from the line of scrimmage and that makes it difficult to get your number called very much. As far as last nights game is concerned i would have brought him into the box and let the Beavers be forced to put the ball in the air. I dont see him in that class with Bob Sanders, Brain Dawkins and Troy Polamalu. 2010 draft would probably make more sense.

some others like Kevin Ellison, Clay Matthews actually played pretty well and will draw some interest.

DeathbyStat
09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Im probly completely wrong but does Tebow remind anyone else of Big Ben without as much arm strenth?

Maybe I'm way off base.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Im probly completely wrong but does Tebow remind anyone else of Big Ben without as much arm strenth?

Maybe I'm way off base.

I think more of passing version of Eric Crouch, Nebraska, who won the Heisman too. Both I deem as system QB and both I think won't make good Pros. But great and dominant in the college football setting.

princefielder28
09-26-2008, 11:41 AM
I think more of passing version of Eric Crouch, Nebraska, who won the Heisman too. Both I deem as system QB and both I think won't make good Pros. But great and dominant in the college football setting.

A passing version of Eric Crouch? That makes very little sense. Crouch was a DB playing the QB spot and one hell of an option QB. Tebow is a powerful man who has a strong arm but struggles with consistency. I guess I want more of an explanation of where you're coming from.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2008, 11:53 AM
A passing version of Eric Crouch? That makes very little sense. Crouch was a DB playing the QB spot and one hell of an option QB. Tebow is a powerful man who has a strong arm but struggles with consistency. I guess I want more of an explanation of where you're coming from.

Eric Crouch was a good QB in the college ranks, but his main strength was his athletic ability just like Tebow's. Now Tebow is a pure QB, but still not good enough in my opinion to be a Pro QB, especially the # 1 overall pick in the draft. Teams tried to use Crouch for his athletic ability at WR first and then a DB. I think Tebow may have a better shot at QB than Crouch, but I still don't think he can succeed and def. not worthy of the first overall pick. So the question is does an NFL team try to convert Tebow into another position? Both players selling point is their athletic ability with Tebow's adv. being a better arm and QB play than Crouch. But both are system QBs is my point who take adv of their ability both to pass and make plays using their feet. I don't think Tebow is worthy of the first overall pick in the draft with some team investment 70 + million dollars with 30+ million in signing bonus.

Cribbs>Hester
09-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Tim Tebow is actually the offspring of a one night stand between man lovers Steve Young and Mike Alstott. The real reason Mike Alstott had to retire was because he was caught off guard by the pregnacy. The super sperm of Steve Young is what allowed Tim Tebow to grow at such a rapid pace.

Saints-Tigers
09-26-2008, 12:39 PM
I dunno, Mark Sanchez has every physical tool imaginable, and he's the most polished and technically sound QB in years, he has the most talented team around him we have seen in a while, so I can't see him ever losing a college game, and not being a lock for the top pick

Whoops.

D-Unit
09-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Mark Sanchez reminds me of Joaquin Phoenix.

hobbes2053
09-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Mark Sanchez reminds me of Joaquin Phoenix.

http://www.trojannyc.com/images/2007/10/23/s1.jpg

http://www.kinoweb.de/film2000/Gladiator/pix/glm.jpg

Agreed.

soybean
09-26-2008, 02:00 PM
I dunno, Mark Sanchez has every physical tool imaginable, and he's the most polished and technically sound QB in years, he has the most talented team around him we have seen in a while, so I can't see him ever losing a college game, and not being a lock for the top pick

Whoops.

lol, always the LSU fans...

Saints-Tigers
09-26-2008, 03:29 PM
I just call it like I see it.

BBIB
09-26-2008, 03:56 PM
There is no question at this point - I would take Mark Sanchez ahead of both Tebow and Matt Stafford, as well as any of the senior quarterbacks in the draft. If he declares, he'll most likely be my #1 QB, barring anything unforeseen (severe injury, arrests, total failure throughout the remainder of the season, Sam Bradford declaring, etc.)

Not even a question. Tim Tebow has too many question marks surrounding him to be drafted that high.

As for Sanchez, he's IMO the most polished QB to come out in years. The complete opposite of Tebow.

-Great Mechanics
-Quick Release
-Best footwork in the college game IMO.
-Knows how to pump fake to draw a safety away.

Neither of the two have elite arm strength. But the difference is Sanchez excels in everything else -accuracy, technique among them.

Sanchez is worlds better as a prospect. He's a safer pick to succeed, and has more upside as a passer than Tebow, who needs an overhaul on his mechanics to ever hope to be an accurate QB in the NFL.

oh, and BTW. Sanchez is not a carbon copy of Leinart. He might look like him, but his release is quicker, he's more athletic and elusive, and has a much stronger arm.

These comments are ridiculous.

Calling Sanchez polished and a safer pick than Tebow?

Sanchez is going to have one year as a starter when this year is over. How many one year starters have gone on to stardom at the next level? Even the rate of success for 2 year starters isn't nearly as great for guys with 3 dozen or more starts.

The only thing Sanchez has proven in the whopping half dozen games he has played in his career before being annointed, is that his team has a better Oline than UF.

BBIB
09-26-2008, 04:00 PM
I wasn't talking about the number I was speaking of his actual accuracy.

Actual accuracy? You mean like hitting receivers in stride and putting the ball between the numbers?

Funny because Tebow seems to do that just fine. He is not just efficient numerically, he is efficient with the football period. The guy does not make poor decisions with the football very often.

The only reason people hate on him is because of the system he plays in but that has nothing to do with having the physical tools to translate to the next level.

Joe Flacco played in a shotgun offense at D-1AA for crying out loud. If you have the physical tools you will get a shot. Not it remains to be seen if Flacco is a bust or not, but the point is that he did get drafted.

Tebow will as well.

The Alex Smith talk is a joke. If Tebow = Alex Smith then Mark Sanchez = John David Booty. At least Tebow played in a completely different conference.

Matthew Jones
09-26-2008, 04:43 PM
The Alex Smith talk is a joke. If Tebow = Alex Smith then Mark Sanchez = John David Booty. At least Tebow played in a completely different conference.

The thing is John David Booty was never considered a first-round pick that famously got years of opportunity only to flame out miserably and lose his job to a NFL Europe reject.

STARHEATHER
09-26-2008, 06:34 PM
yeah youre right trying to debate me is pretty pointless. i dont believe the hype. i believe what i see, and everything ive seen of sanchez was nothing required to be an nfl qb. right wins and losses dont matter. poor play vs teams that got 40 and 50 hung on them by penn st and stanford with superior talent, throwing b ad picks when you have a chance to salvage the season pretty much says it all. put him in the g file. where hes always belonged.

illmatic74
09-26-2008, 06:54 PM

You were saying?Did you notice Smith was the highest why he played in the same system. Meyer's system inflates completion percentage numbers. Sanchez plays

giantsfan
09-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Honestly I think Tebow will slide on draft night and will go in the 15-20 range. However once in the NFL if he gets into the right situation Tebow could be an elite QB. He's got that passion and fire to get his team-mates psyched and confident. unfortunately he's probably ******** so he'll need an OC to build a system around him that'll keep things simple and let him just go out and move an offense.

Shane P. Hallam
09-26-2008, 11:55 PM
If Tebow returns, then Sanchez would be #1. Tebow would be picked high, no doubt, but teams will be weary.

MarioPalmer
09-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Last night was a rough night for Mark Sanchez, but he is still an elite prospects. I don't know who called him the most talented QB in the draft since Carson Palmer but he is the most talented QB since Carson Palmer at USC. Pete Carroll and his assistant coaches have already been quoted to have said that.

Sanchez, is a very good prospect, he is a potential #1 overall and almost assured as a top 10 pick. His biggest problems are making the right decisions all the time, not just part of the time. He has excellent control over his offense and he stepped right in this year and became the leader of that group hands down. Mich Mustain didn't have a prayer to take the starting from Sanchez. Mark Sanchez is doing everything right. He's progressing the right way, making the right throws that showcase his talent and arm strength. I was actually impressed with the way he handled himself last night. The first half reminded me of the Bengals vs. Giants game this past Sunday. Where Carson Palmer was basically beaten down by a fast and tough defensive line that tore through his O-Line like wet toilet paper. Sanchez went through the same thing. And just as Carson Palmer did, Mark Sanchez prevailed and lead his team to a comeback even tho they lost, he brought his team back from a disgraceful 1rst half to a very competive second half. His running game was non existent and someone I was not impressed with at was Joe McKnight and Stefon Johnson. I was greatly concerned with the both of them. I wondered why C.J. Gable wasn't featured more, especially because he is a bigger, stronger and more productive north south runner then the both of them. Also, with the exception of Damian Williams, I am greatly concerned with where this program is heading in the receiver department. With huge college standouts like Steve Smith, Dwayne Jarrett, Mike Williams, Dom Byrd and Fred Davis it was easy for Matt Lienart to have success because he had legit pro prospects to throw to. Mark Sanchez is making a pedestrian group look very very good with excellent ball placement and the ability to throw downfield with great accuracy.

Also, Joe McKnight hasn't truned into the receiving threat that USC had hoped for coming out of the backfield, so he really doesn't have any great dump off options either. Not nearly like Matt Lienart had with Reggie Bush.

I still believe that Mark Sanchez is the only second to Matt Stafford in the 2009 NFL Draft class. I don't see Mark Sanchez leaving though because of the history of USC quarterbacks staying for thier senior year and becoming even more polished.

With that all said, I still see Tim Tebow having to calm the eventual criticism. Let's be honest, he isn't getting nearly the love from scouts or the media regarding his future success in the league.

I still think that Tim Tebow can be a very good pro. Do I think he can be an elite talent that would rival Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Rothlisberger, Jay Cutler and Donovan McNabb, I don't think so. I do see him becoming a leader and more than reliable QB like Philip Rivers, Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Delhomme. I'm not saying that these QB's all play the same way physically, but what I am saying is that they are terrific game managers that can make a play when needed and know how to cut down on mistakes while allowing their team mates to succeed around them. I see Tebow as a fierce leader that some GM's and coaches will absolutely fall in love with. He has that personality to succeed in the league because he has the fiery competitive side that guys like Rivers, Delhomme and Hasselbeck have. They aren't the most physically talented QB's but they all have somethings that physically talented QB's don't and that a tough demeanor that is capable of taking tough criticism and still lead their team.

Like I said yesterday, Tebow has some major work to be done. He has to work mostly on his footwork and reads. He has to show that he can digest a complex play book along with being able to pick up on comlex defenses. One great thing that Tebow has going for him is that he plays in the most talented conference that has some of the toughest and most complex defensive schemes in college football. So learning against some of the ultra talented defenders is only a plus for Tebow, but I just don't see the scouts over looking his mechincal problems and system of which he has grown in.

With the ultra failures of Alex Smith and Vince Young, GM's, coaches and scouts will definitly be cautious with him. I still see him going in the first round, but more like the early to mid 20's where as Sanchez, Stafford and Bradford all go in the top 5 to 10.

Saints-Tigers
09-27-2008, 12:56 AM
I just don't see elite tools from Sanchez to be honest. He really isn't elite in any category IMO, he's pretty good in a few, and average in others.

I really think he's getting a lot of hype because he was a highly recruited USC recruit. He's a good athlete with pretty good arm strength, and that's really the only places he stands out. He's not ridiculously accurate, and he doesn't make the best decisions.

He might be more physically talented, but he's not better at all than Leinart was in college, I think people are forgetting how good Matt was because of his NFL woes.

MarioPalmer
09-27-2008, 01:09 AM
But lets make sure we are all clear here. I don't want people to homer themselves so bad that they become dillusional. And I think there are some people here that are.

Sanchez has alot to prove, but with his skill set he is the better pro prospect, because of the before mentioned traits.

Tebow on the other hand has his talents. But his flaws are way too big to over look. I still see him as a 1rst round pick, but no where near the top of the draft. His skill set doesn't warrent that type of investment. Sorry to the Tebow fans but he does not belong anywhere near the top 10 spots. He just doesn't. College success is vastly over rated.

We should all know that by now. JaMarcus Russell was no where near as successful as Vince Young but Russell looks to be much more aclimated to the pro game. Tom Brady wasn't any where near as successful as quarterbacks of his era and he has greatly out shined each and everyone of them. Jay Cutler played for terrible Vanderbilt and is now being considerd a top 5 QB in the NFL. Rothlisberger played in the MAC conference against second rate programs. Philip Rivers got no love till his Senior Bowl and should coaches and staff that he was more than a goofy delivary, but he could digest a complex offense and that his leadership abilites and work ethic could not be over looked.

So, please let's try to be logical and objective here instead of being homers that only see things one way.....your way. Take a more nonbias approach and look at it from the stand point of being a scout or GM. What has worked in the league, what hasn't? What traits do team look for and which ones scare off franchises? I think if you take that approach, instead of "your favorite player should be held in the same light as certain top guys",you'll have a better understanding and more importantly a better appreciation of other prospects, and why, some guys are considered better or more favorable to NFL teams.

MarioPalmer
09-27-2008, 01:14 AM
I just don't see elite tools from Sanchez to be honest. He really isn't elite in any category IMO, he's pretty good in a few, and average in others.

I really think he's getting a lot of hype because he was a highly recruited USC recruit. He's a good athlete with pretty good arm strength, and that's really the only places he stands out. He's not ridiculously accurate, and he doesn't make the best decisions.

He might be more physically talented, but he's not better at all than Leinart was in college, I think people are forgetting how good Matt was because of his NFL woes.

Like I saud earlier. The quote of him being the best USC QB since Carson came from his coaches. I don't think they would have said it if they didn't truely believe it. And yes, he is an elite talent. He very much is. Watch the Virginia game, watch the Ohio St. game and go back and watch the Oregon St game. I got all 3 on Tivo and have watch them more than twice each with the exception of the Oregon St. one. I also got the Oregon game from last year and you can see his development from then to now and you can see his development from the Virginia to the Oregon St game. Its elite. Elite enough to picked in the top 10. There are 3 QB's that are eligible for this draft that are truely elite and thats Stafford, Bradford and Sanchez. Josh Freeman has the potential to be an elite talent but has a long ways to go. I am looking at this from outside the box and I see Sanchez as the next Jay Cutler. He has the same skill set as him. Watch them side by side if you can. They have the saem characteristics. They really do. It's actually sort of creepy how close they really are too each other.

Saints-Tigers
09-27-2008, 01:33 AM
I disagree, he might be the most talented QB, but he's not better than Leinart, and I don't think Sanchez' arm even sniffs Cutler's to be honest, and I'm not nearly the Cutler fan most are.

yourfavestoner
09-27-2008, 02:57 AM
I disagree, he might be the most talented QB, but he's not better than Leinart, and I don't think Sanchez' arm even sniffs Cutler's to be honest, and I'm not nearly the Cutler fan most are.

His arm strength is definitely overrated. Just because the coaches say that he has the best arm since Carson doesn't necessarily mean it's as strong as Carson's. It's more of a testament to how poor Leinart's and JDB's arm strength were. He has decent arm strength. He has (maybe) a slightly stronger arm than Matt Ryan.

D-Unit
09-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Is this thread still about Tebow vs Sanchez or is this just an outlet for Saints-Tigers to hate on Sanchez because he is afraid of anything related to USC stealing any more attention away from LSU?

I dunno why Saints-Tigers is saying anything bad about a QB's arm strength. I'm sure he loves Drew Brees.

Saints-Tigers
09-27-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm not an LSU fan, I'm a Mizzou fan.

And when Mark Sanchez is as accurate, and as good at reading a defense as Drew Brees, we can talk, but he's not so...

Just because I don't think Mark Sanchez is an elite prospect, I'm scared of USC stealing attention away from someone? It's not like I'm dogging every USC prospect, and I didn't say he's not a prospect, he just doesn't strike me as an elite first round QB.

Babylon
09-27-2008, 11:10 AM

I'm in that same camp as far as Sanchez goes but let's remember he doesnt have a whole lot of game experience there. Not ready to disgard Matt Leinart for his erratic start in Arizona either.

D-Unit
09-27-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm not an LSU fan, I'm a Mizzou fan.

And when Mark Sanchez is as accurate, and as good at reading a defense as Drew Brees, we can talk, but he's not so...

Just because I don't think Mark Sanchez is an elite prospect, I'm scared of USC stealing attention away from someone? It's not like I'm dogging every USC prospect, and I didn't say he's not a prospect, he just doesn't strike me as an elite first round QB.
Again... this thread isn't about Sanchez being an elite prospect. I don't think he's there either. This is about Sanchez being a better prospect than Tebow.

...and one day Sanchez may be as good or better than Brees at reading a defense. We'll just have to wait and see. But to knock arm strength is a quality that many people overrate. Joe Montana and Tom Brady were knocked for the same thing.

Saints-Tigers
09-27-2008, 12:17 PM
I lied anyway, I am an LSU fan :D

For the record, I would probably take him over Tebow at this point. My point is, he's been called a guy with Cutler's physical abilities, and the most polished passer in years.... I just don't see it.

So what you are saying is that if Sanchez becomes a decision maker like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Joe Montana he will be successful? If that's the case, every quarterback is a great prospect, because hey, no one believed in Tom Brady right.

I'd bet on arm strength before I bet on someone like Sanchez ascending to that level of decision making and pocket awareness.

MarioPalmer
09-27-2008, 01:12 PM
NO one is calling him the most polished QB in years, explain to me one analyst or media orginazation that is calling him that. You can't because it's not being said. He is an excellent pro prospect, and he has the same ability to Jay Cutler, and by the way, Matt Ryan's arm is more than adequate, if it wasn't he wouldn't have gone 3rd overall.

Stop being haters because you don't like a college team or program, it really shows that you have more of a grudge then actually evaluating players talent.

Saints-Tigers
09-27-2008, 01:15 PM

Said right here in this thread, hence the reason I addressed it, so stop labeling people a hater just because they don't agree with you about a player :-/

I don't get why I'm a hater of USC for not liking Sanchez as an elite prospect when I like a lot of their other guys more than most, I even think Taylor Mays will get it turned around.

MarioPalmer
09-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Said right here in this thread, hence the reason I addressed it, so stop labeling people a hater just because they don't agree with you about a player :-/

I don't get why I'm a hater of USC for not liking Sanchez as an elite prospect when I like a lot of their other guys more than most, I even think Taylor Mays will get it turned around.

This is a mamber, not a draft analyst, not a media type not a scouting service, a fan. That is an opinion, not a fact nor a widely respected view. And yes, your post are borderline hatin, it's really more homerism. Don't get mad cause the Trojans top recruit from that year ians't an idiot like the Tigers'.

MarioPalmer
09-27-2008, 01:48 PM
And Taylor Mays will have to move to LB in the pros. Basically the 2009 version of Thomas Davis. He'll be exposed in the NFL for being to slow and too big and not fluid enough. He'll be a dominant SLB that can run with TE's and RB's.

I'm not a SC fan, I'm a prospect fan. I actually hate college football. It's only real meanig is to feed the NFL in my opinion.

Saints-Tigers
09-27-2008, 01:52 PM
This is a mamber, not a draft analyst, not a media type not a scouting service, a fan. That is an opinion, not a fact nor a widely respected view. And yes, your post are borderline hatin, it's really more homerism. Don't get mad cause the Trojans top recruit from that year ians't an idiot like the Tigers'.

So, you are just a member, and so am I, so why are we even voicing our opinions?

I'm not mad about anything. We have that shiny glass football, USC lost to Oregon State and you are trying to heckle me and call me a hater?

What do I have to be jealous of? Because USC has more talented recruits?

Hell, the only thing I am really bitter about is having Joe McKnight stolen from us. **** you Pete Carroll.

I still don't get how having Sanchez as a guy that isn't an elite QB is hating when I had Leinart and Palmer at the elite level.

MarioPalmer
09-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Leinart was never elite, he was a product of production from other top players and prospects. Carson was elite, he is the most elite since Peyton, but Sanchez is certainly a top 10 prospect that has the potential to be a top 3. I'm not a SC fan, like I said I hate college football, I only watch for future NFL players where what happens actually matters. College football is watered down by head coaches and athletic directors that pull the strings only in the benefit of themselves.

Mark Sanchez is an elite prospect right now, along with Matt Stafford and Sam Bradford. Everyone else is a distant 2nd. Thats the way it is. Its not me just saying that, its countless scouting services, and trust me, many a GM and coaches would love for Sanchez, Bradford and Stafford to all declare this year.

I can think of at least 6 teams that would do what ever it took to get up to get them.

Saints-Tigers
09-27-2008, 02:02 PM
That's my point though, if I'm such a hater why did I not hate on Leinart?

Look, I don't like the attitude of USC, I am jealous that they get to play in the Pac-0, I think they get the benefit of the doubt in the polls more so than anyone else... etc.

But I never deny that they are the cream of the college football crop in terms of talented players. I'm just not sold on Mark Sanchez, simple. as. that.

D-Unit
09-27-2008, 03:14 PM
That's my point though, if I'm such a hater why did I not hate on Leinart?

Look, I don't like the attitude of USC, I am jealous that they get to play in the Pac-0, I think they get the benefit of the doubt in the polls more so than anyone else... etc.

But I never deny that they are the cream of the college football crop in terms of talented players. I'm just not sold on Mark Sanchez, simple. as. that.
Sanchez has barely started his college career. Last year was all John David Booty except while he was out. It seems that you have already decided what kind of QB he will be and what his limits are. He just got started for crying out loud. Carson Palmer didn't show anything until his Senior year. Leinart never had elite tools, but he had prototype size and excellent smarts. The book isn't yet written on Leinart in the NFL either. Once he gets as much time as Boller, Leftwich, Alex Smith.... THEN we can talk.

Tebow doesn't possess an NFL arm. He doesn't possess NFL WR speed. He's too tall to play RB. Unless he's the first college QB turned to NFL TE, he might just flake out of the league before his career even starts, much like Eric Crouch.

Jericho@SC
09-27-2008, 03:53 PM
when I said that Sanchez was the most polished QB to come out in a while, I was referring to his technique. Footwork and mechanics.

In terms of dropping back, and throwing a football, eluding a rusher using a slide step the way textbooks say you should do it, I think Sanchez does that better or as well as anyone else in recent memory.

As far as on field results, Sanchez obviously isn't there yet. He's only started 6 games so far in his career. But the potential is there.

Tebow IMO has a long way to go before becoming a drop back QB that can legitimately threaten an NFL defense with the pass. Sure he's a great dual threat, but he's definitely too slow to be a Mike Vick type runner at the next level.

His versatility is what makes him most marketable, yet his running abilities won't keep any NFL defensive coordinator up at night.

To me, Tebow is okay at passing and great at running at the college level. But in the NFL, he'll be a horrible passer, and only an ok runner.

Look at what happened today against Ole Miss. Did you know that Tebow has never led his team to a victory when trailing at the half? I wonder why this is. Could it be that perhaps his team has to abandon running out of the spread and instead rely on Tebow picking apart a secondary with his arm?

There's a reason why Merrill Hodges didn't like Vince Young coming out of college. He wasn't a solid enough drop back Quarterback. Great running ability, but no passing ability. Tebow is in even more trouble because he won't be able to run at all in the NFL. Just watch. You think he'll be able to outrun or bulldoze the likes of Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher? Shawn Merriman or Lance Briggs?

Atleast Sanchez has the potential to become a good dropback QB in the NFL. Why? Fundamentals. Tebow doesn't even have the basics down right now. It's gonna be a long and difficult road. He's too much of a project in my eyes. He'll have to re-learn throwing technique (which rarely ever pans out, see David Carr), and he'll need to become more comfortable with dropping back under center and reading a defense.

Saints-Tigers
09-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Sanchez has barely started his college career. Last year was all John David Booty except while he was out. It seems that you have already decided what kind of QB he will be and what his limits are. He just got started for crying out loud. Carson Palmer didn't show anything until his Senior year. Leinart never had elite tools, but he had prototype size and excellent smarts. The book isn't yet written on Leinart in the NFL either. Once he gets as much time as Boller, Leftwich, Alex Smith.... THEN we can talk.

Tebow doesn't possess an NFL arm. He doesn't possess NFL WR speed. He's too tall to play RB. Unless he's the first college QB turned to NFL TE, he might just flake out of the league before his career even starts, much like Eric Crouch.

I said HES NOT AN ELITE PROSPECT, not he's a bust that will never succeed in the league. If we can decide that he is an elite prospect in 3 games, why cant I say I don't think he is after 3 games?

We'll see what happens with him down the line, but right now, he's not a top 10 pick to me.

Jesus.

Edit: Good post Jericho, I think Sanchez needs work in the pocket presence area still, but my judgment is probably a bit clouded from the last game.

BBIB
09-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Look at what happened today against Ole Miss. Did you know that Tebow has never led his team to a victory when trailing at the half? I wonder why this is. Could it be that perhaps his team has to abandon running out of the spread and instead rely on Tebow picking apart a secondary with his arm?

There's a reason why Merrill Hodges didn't like Vince Young coming out of college. He wasn't a solid enough drop back Quarterback. Great running ability, but no passing ability. Tebow is in even more trouble because he won't be able to run at all in the NFL. Just watch. You think he'll be able to outrun or bulldoze the likes of Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher? Shawn Merriman or Lance Briggs?

You mean the game where Tebow marched down the field to bring his team back. Only to see his defense give up a 80 yard bomb. Then march them down the field again only to see the extra point blocked. Then to march them down the field again only to see terrible playcalling to end the game?

You have to be kidding me. That was a great game by Tebow through the air. UF has no Oline whatsoever right now. Tebow has been making contstant throws under pressure delivering them with accuracy.

You know why Tebow doesn't have a come from behind drive? It isn't because he's an inept passer. It's because usually he's on the sidelines while his defense is letting the other team run out the clock or put the game out of reach like what happened in every single UF loss last season.

You have clearly not being objective or knowledgeable if you're comparing his passing abilities to Vince Young.