PDA

View Full Version : QB Thaddeus Lewis, Duke

djp
09-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Thoughts? Will David Cutcliffe turn him into an NFL prospect?

Does he have the tools?

djp
09-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Ok well, here is my report on Lewis.

Thaddeus Lewis is a mobile quarterback with an above average arm. He displays the ability to make most throws at the college level except for the deep out. He shows below-average to average pocket presence, but is not hesitant to tuck the ball away and scramble for a couple yards. He does not have blazing speed, but certainly decent speed for a quarterback. He is a bit undersized at 6'2'', but can see over the line fine and is really tough. He really needs work on reading a defense, a number of plays that I saw last year where the defense was clearly blitzing, yet Lewis did not audible out into a play with quicker pass patterns, and he was then sacked. Another area he needs work on his pocket presence. Rarely did I see Lewis step in front of the pressure on the outside. Often, when he is pressured, he will throw off his back foot. He has really improved in this area since David Cutcliffe arrived, but still needs some work.

Grade : 5th-6th round

BufFan71
09-27-2008, 10:10 PM
i think he'll be a late round pick. Prob wont ever been anything more than a back-up. But now-a-days being a backup might not be that bad

and if he doesnt....

at least he has a cool name