PDA

View Full Version : What's the story on Ian Scott?

CC.SD
09-25-2008, 03:48 PM
I know his name and basic story, but he never really stood out to me during Bears games that I saw, and I'm a D-line watcher. I figured you guys will be able to tell the whole tale, seeing as he just got signed by the Bolts. What kind of player is this guy? Decent depth?

bearsfan_51
09-25-2008, 03:51 PM
It really depends on how he rebounds from his injury. Scott hasn't been relevant for a few years, so it's questionable if he can reinvigorate his career.

At his best, Scott is stout and tough. He'll be good at taking on blockers against the run, but he'll never provide any pass rush or collapse the pocket.

SFbear
09-25-2008, 04:22 PM
He was a two-gap tackle that somehow succeeded in our scheme which I felt signaled talent. I always felt that our run D got dramatically worse when we got rid of him but he provides no pass rush whatsoever and thats a cardinal sin for Lovie.

CC.SD
09-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the insight guys. SF, your avi never ceases to take a minute or so out of my day, and I never regret it.

SFbear
09-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the insight guys. SF, your avi never ceases to take a minute or so out of my day, and I never regret it.

I like to think I'll be able to handle my first San Francisco earthquake with as much grace as that panda but honestly I'll probably be curled up into a fetal position screaming like a little girl.