PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones bites Police officer, faces felony charges

GiantRutgersFan
03-02-2007, 01:00 AM
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=54925

Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper reports that Titans cornerback Rain Man Jones bit a police officer as part of the incident that resulted in felony obstruction charges being filed against him in early 2006.

"Adam Jones would not hold his hands together so the officer could put handcuffs on him to arrest him, and a fight ensued," said a representative of the district attorney's office in Fayette County, Georgia. "That's when he bit the officer on the thumb."

The bite caused the crime to increase from a misdemeanor to a felony.

McCormick also reports that Jones did not disclose the arrest to the team. As we explained on Thursday, failure to report an arrest is in and of itself a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.

McCormick also reports that Jones' mother pleaded guilty to marijuana possession in a March 2006 incident at Jones' home in Fairburn, Georgia. Somehow, charges against Jones were dropped.

"There was marijuana all over the basement, and it was his house," said Mike Pruitt of the Fayette County Drug Task Force. "Under constructive possession, that should have been enough for a jury to decide this case."

Does anyone out there think that Jones will ever play pro football again? We sure don't.

Seperate incident from the strip club altercation....

I think Pacman is done in the NFL to be honest with you

njx9
03-02-2007, 01:03 AM
your link is bad.

snazel
03-02-2007, 01:10 AM
I couldn't help but giggle...

Geo
03-02-2007, 01:18 AM
The boy done lost his mind.

niel89
03-02-2007, 01:40 AM
ahqahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

whats the bid deal? he was hungery and left all his singles back at the strip club.

niel89
03-02-2007, 01:41 AM
link:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=7&screen=news&news_id=54925

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 02:08 AM
gettin a little bit tired of hearing about these kind of stories....

TitleTown088
03-02-2007, 02:23 AM
Am i supposed to be surprised?

Shiver
03-02-2007, 02:29 AM
Just kick him out of the league already. I am tired about hearing about this joke of a human being.

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 02:40 AM
Just kick him out of the league already. I am tired about hearing about this joke of a human being.

if thats really how you look at the world, you are a joke of a human being

Severe Punishment
03-02-2007, 03:05 AM
Seriously, why is it so hard for these athletes to just play ball ?
Why on earth do they feel it neccesary to go to strip clubs in the first place ?
You mean to tell me that a young millionaire has to pay for it to see it ??? wow, how sad.

Shiver
03-02-2007, 03:10 AM
if thats really how you look at the world, you are a joke of a human being

Wait, what? :confused:

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 03:33 AM
not everyone is content living their life they way you live yours or think they should live theirs. Who are you to be judging these guys who you dont even know and calling them things like "a joke of a human being"? Im not here to back up Pac-man and say that he hasn't done anything wrong but Im also not gonna sit here and cast down judgment on him and pretend to be any better of a man than him and I dont like to sit here and listen to you guys do it.

Shiver
03-02-2007, 03:40 AM
He is getting Millions of dollars to play football for a living. It's what all of us fantasize about. Yet he is flushing it all down the drain due to his stupidity. I feel no remorse for him. Some people, unfortunately, screw up their lives. It's sad, but it's the reality of the situation. In this case he has had more of an opportunity than most people will even come close to having. Yet he's on the verge of blowing it. He has gotten more chances than any of us would receive due to his status. According to the Tennessean, he's been involved in ten off the field altercations. That is unfathomable to me, yet he keeps getting 'another shot' to straighten up and fly right. Enough is enough. Why should I sympathize with this guy? If he cannot behave like a decent member of society, he shouldn't be playing football. I believe prisons are designed for this kind of symptomatic, flagrant, unacceptable behavioral issues.

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 03:57 AM
not saying you need to have compassion for him, but dont sit there and judge him from your ivory tower.

and all I can say is lol at you saying he belongs in prison b/c he gets in some altercations at clubs which he wasn't even the one really being violent in and gets caught with marijuana. And Ill leave the decision of whether or not he should have the privledge of playing football to his employer. Its just crazy how you dont even believe in making an attempt to understand people. Just round em up and throw em in prison, right?

If it was me in the NFL I'd be flying straight and make sacrifices. But thats me. Jones is a different person with different values, different friends, different family, different background. It took him a lot of hard-work and dedication to become the football player he is, no one gave him the opportunity to be an NFL player. He earned that. Its his life and hes obviously making some mistakes but Im not gonna sit here and judge him and say whether he should be cut. The Titans actually know this young man and will make an informed decision. If Pac-Man has got his employer fed up with behavior to the point he isnt playing anymore, thats the hole he dug himself. But once again, regardless of how these things turn out, Im not gonna sit here and judge him.

RedAttack
03-02-2007, 04:17 AM
Well, I'm perfectly content to sit in my ivory tower and call him an idiot.

You can't seriously say that you can't judge people and their actions because EVERYONE does it. That is part of human nature and human psychology.

Adam Jones puts himself in these postions and deserves everything coming to him. What a moron to blow a oppourtunity like pro football.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 05:05 AM
What a friggin criminal, lock his ass up and throw away the key, he obviously is nothing but trouble.

Shane P. Hallam
03-02-2007, 05:12 AM
Don't you think people are a bit too quick to judge? It's no lie that a guy involved in 10 off the field things has some issues, but let's remember Michael Vick and his water bottle. People bashed him for it, and he got caught with a stigma, but it was found out to be nothing. Wait for a conviction, then kick him out.

JoeMontainya
03-02-2007, 08:42 AM
If he wasnt such a druggie think how good he could have been?

Also its crazy how athletes can do drugs, get tested and still not show up positive, tells you the system is flawed.

PoopSandwich
03-02-2007, 08:52 AM
lol pacman jones is a jerk and a waste i hope he gets thrown out of the NFL.

ricky bobby
03-02-2007, 09:02 AM
PacMan Jones getting in trouble isn't even news anymore. He's a complete idiot and let's just leave it at that.

Boston
03-02-2007, 09:08 AM
What a ******* idiot.

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 09:09 AM
not saying you need to have compassion for him, but dont sit there and judge him from your ivory tower.

and all I can say is lol at you saying he belongs in prison b/c he gets in some altercations at clubs which he wasn't even the one really being violent in and gets caught with marijuana. And Ill leave the decision of whether or not he should have the privledge of playing football to his employer. Its just crazy how you dont even believe in making an attempt to understand people. Just round em up and throw em in prison, right?

If it was me in the NFL I'd be flying straight and make sacrifices. But thats me. Jones is a different person with different values, different friends, different family, different background. It took him a lot of hard-work and dedication to become the football player he is, no one gave him the opportunity to be an NFL player. He earned that. Its his life and hes obviously making some mistakes but Im not gonna sit here and judge him and say whether he should be cut. The Titans actually know this young man and will make an informed decision. If Pac-Man has got his employer fed up with behavior to the point he isnt playing anymore, thats the hole he dug himself. But once again, regardless of how these things turn out, Im not gonna sit here and judge him.

That is totally absurd. Why even have laws if you can't judge anyone? There is no question as to the things he's done being against the law. As for his personal situation, if he was raised in this country he should understand that it's wrong to bite a friggin police officer. I get what you're saying, I know you're trying to be open minded, but the point is we have a legal system for a reason. Some stuff you can't do. Why is this guy and idiot for breaking the law? Because he could have everything he wants without breaking the law. He makes millions upon millions of dollars. What you're saying is like saying child molesters deserve our sympathy because they were abused as children. That's bullsh*t. You still have a choice.

Vikes99ej
03-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Time for him to go to prison. And time for the Titans to draft a CB in the first round.

Number 10
03-02-2007, 10:00 AM
The kid has no right being in society. None.

Boston
03-02-2007, 10:08 AM
*Yamon Figurs-Remember the name

Funny how that's in your signature after he runs a 4.3 at the combine.

Number 10
03-02-2007, 10:10 AM

It was there long before the combine buddy.

Ewing
03-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Am I the only one who sees the irony of a guy named Pacman biting someone?

ks_perfection
03-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Who bights a police officer? Thats so stupid, does he think he has any chance of not getting caught. I idiot.

The guy should go to jail and the league should suspend him as well. If I were the Titans I wouldn't release him, I'd suspend him for a while and tell him if he gets in any kind of trouble again he's gone.

Titans10
03-02-2007, 01:20 PM

amen brother

Most of the things Pacman has done have beeen very minor or just being at the wrong place at the wrong time(except for the strip club). I do agree he is an idiot and hangs out with a bunch of thugs and at some point he is got to learn. whether it be getting kicked off the team, out of the league, or thrown in jail. He just needs to get some new friends and to focus on football and he would be alright, but I dont think hes going to learn until its to late and that time may have come, or is quickly approaching

niel89
03-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Am I the only one who sees the irony of a guy named Pacman biting someone?

hahhahaahhahaha :D

yourfavestoner
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm the biggest advocate of not expecting other people to live their lives according to my morals, simply because, for the most part, I really don't care what other people do in their own time, as long as they aren't endangering other people. If Pacman wants to smoke weed, cool with me. If he wants to go to strip clubs, cool with me. What's not cool, is that he is now allegedly involved in a shooting that left somebody paralyzed and has assaulted a police officer.

Anybody else notice that Pacman seems to be try to live the life that rappers only talk about?

Boston
03-02-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm the biggest advocate of not expecting other people to live their lives according to my morals, simply because, for the most part, I really don't care what other people do in their own time, as long as they aren't endangering other people. If Pacman wants to smoke weed, cool with me. If he wants to go to strip clubs, cool with me. What's not cool, is that he is now allegedly involved in a shooting that left somebody paralyzed and has assaulted a police officer.

Anybody else notice that Pacman seems to be try to live the life that rappers only talk about?

This is what happens, when keeping it real, goes wrong.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
This is what happens, when keeping it real, goes wrong.

Hahahahahahahahahaha I'd +rep you if I could.

eacantdraft
03-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Too bad he didn't try to bite the cop that Steve Foley decided to tangle with.

03-02-2007, 03:04 PM
not everyone is content living their life they way you live yours or think they should live theirs. Who are you to be judging these guys who you dont even know and calling them things like "a joke of a human being"? Im not here to back up Pac-man and say that he hasn't done anything wrong but Im also not gonna sit here and cast down judgment on him and pretend to be any better of a man than him and I dont like to sit here and listen to you guys do it.

So you judge him because he judged PacMan?

jetsfan3
03-02-2007, 03:10 PM

He's had that for a while.

My response to this = Sig quote :)

frogstomp
03-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Misdemeanors are jokes. If anyone in here has never broken the law, I doubt you've ever left your room. Hell, by the time I was 15 im sure I had broken random stupid laws like 300 times just by doing what kids do.

However, biting a cop is purely idiotic, and Pacman is not a kid. So whatever.

Boston
03-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Misdemeanors are jokes. If anyone in here has never broken the law, I doubt you've ever left your room. Hell, by the time I was 15 im sure I had broken random stupid laws like 300 times just by doing what kids do.

There's a difference between "breaking a law," as a kid, and being a complete idiot.

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
First off, it is ridiculous to go and compare Adam Jones to child molesters, serial killers etc. The reason is Pac-Man Jones' actions havent really hurt anyone but himself. Yes, he is screwed himself over, putting his NFL career in jeapordy, etc. But its one thing to judge a child molester who does horrible things like they do and another to cast judgement on a guy who likes to go out clubbing and smokes weed and sometimes gets in fights or is with people who get in fights. Hes not some kind of menace to society, all the trouble he gets in is very petty and like I said he only hurts himself.

And what do I mean Ivory Tower? I mean you sit there as if you yourself are perfect and act like you are a better person than Jones. Call him and idiot blah-blah-blah-blah-blah. How'd you like it if he was sitting there judging every one of us and how pathetic we are because we didnt have what it takes to make the NFL, we didnt have the dedication or work ethic to make it there. You better believe he made sacrifices to get where he did and if any of us put in half the work he did we'd be much more succesful people ourselves. And we've all got problems, so dont sit there and act like you're better than him, hes not some sick guy, hes got some problems of course, but theyre relatively minor and its just crazy for you to sit there and cast down judgements and say he doesnt deserve any of what he has, as if you really know what hes been through or know that he hasnt earned his opportunities.

And to the guy who said hes content to sit on his ivory tower, what gives you the right to do that? What makes you so damn good of a person that you can do that to other people? Are you without fault or something? Howd you like it if people who didnt even know you made sweeping judgements on you every time you made a mistake?

And to the guy calling him a drugee, what a joke of a comment. If you think someone who smokes a little weed is drugee, you are just completely clueless.

rickscott
03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Most people are able to go through life without being arrested. It really isn't some sort of a major accomplishment. Pacman has to be a real idiot and if his teammates could speak truthfully about him, I bet most would just as soon see him go away. Same holds true for my Bengals. It may surprise some but there are actually good football players out there that don't get in trouble every week. Teams just have to start passing over the a--holes with questionable character and take the good person that plays good football.

Shiver
03-02-2007, 03:31 PM
First off, it is ridiculous to go and compare Adam Jones to child molesters, serial killers etc. The reason is Pac-Man Jones' actions havent really hurt anyone but himself. Yes, he is screwed himself over, putting his NFL career in jeapordy, etc. But its one thing to judge a child molester who does horrible things like they do and another to cast judgement on a guy who likes to go out clubbing and smokes weed and sometimes gets in fights or is with people who get in fights. Hes not some kind of menace to society, all the trouble he gets in is very petty and like I said he only hurts himself.

Except the cop he bit. Or the bouncer who is a paraplegic because he was shot by Jones' cronies. Yep, all the incidents he is in, he isn't hurting anybody..

frogstomp
03-02-2007, 03:32 PM
There's a difference between "breaking a law," as a kid, and being a complete idiot.

Which is why I said "and Pacman is not a kid."

Thank you, Captain Selective Reader!

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 03:33 PM

I do agree...A lot of the misdemeanors are jokes and ive broken the law god knows how many times being a dumb kid. Biting a cop is dumb though and I dont know if it is true but if he did, that was incredibly stupid. But lets not forget though that Pac-Man is only about 23. He might be a multi-millionare and a celebrity who has achieved incredible things already but he is still a young man who is going to make some mistakes as he finds his way through life.

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Except the cop he bit. Or the bouncer who is a paraplegic because he was shot by Jones' cronies. Yep, all the incidents he is in, he isn't hurting anybody..

Pretty much. And i was saying not that he was comparable to a child molester, but that your statement was comparable to the hypothetical i proposed. Essentially, I'm saying you can't shift blame entirely on someone's cricumstances, they still have a choice, as did Jones, in each of the TEN cases.

frogstomp
03-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I do agree...A lot of the misdemeanors are jokes and ive broken the law god knows how many times being a dumb kid. Biting a cop is dumb though and I dont know if it is true but if he did, that was incredibly stupid. But lets not forget though that Pac-Man is only about 23. He might be a multi-millionare and a celebrity who has achieved incredible things already but he is still a young man who is going to make some mistakes as he finds his way through life.

If you're still pulling the immature crap he's pulling at 23, he should not have millions of dollars to help him to easily get into and out of these situations.

If he's really this immature, they should kick him out of the league and force him to take counselling, because he's getting even more screwed up with all this attention.

Shiver
03-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Pretty much. And i was saying not that he was comparable to a child molester, but that your statement was comparable to the hypothetical i proposed. Essentially, I'm saying you can't shift blame entirely on someone's cricumstances, they still have a choice, as did Jones, in each of the TEN cases.

Bold and underlined for emphasis. This goes beyond the realm of youthful mistakes, into flagrant criminal behavior.

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 03:39 PM

what are you talking about, you dont know who the shooter was. You are just making assumptions. And he wasnt the one who was violent. So now Jones is accountable if any friend of his gets in a fight? From what I heard all he did was show up at the strip club with a lot of money and throw it around on stage and then other people got into the fight and if you know the environment at these clubs, you know this kind of stuff happens because everyone is drinking and everyone is real tough and maybe Pac-Man shouldnt have been there in the first place but thats his decision. But no I dont see how hes hurting anyone but himself.

Oh and the cop Jones bit in the finger....he really got hurt. You must be joking. I dont even know if this report is true or not yet but even if it is, the report says that the cop was fine.

Shiver
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
what are you talking about, you dont know who the shooter was. You are just making assumptions. And he wasnt the one who was violent. So now Jones is accountable if any friend of his gets in a fight? From what I heard all he did was show up at the strip club with a lot of money and throw it around on stage and then other people got into the fight and if you know the environment at these clubs, you know this kind of stuff happens because everyone is drinking and everyone is real tough and maybe Pac-Man shouldnt have been there in the first place but thats his decision. But no I dont see how hes hurting anyone but himself.

Oh and the cop Jones bit in the finger....he really got hurt. You must be joking. I dont even know if this report is true or not yet but even if it is, the report says that the cop was fine.

If you were paying attention to the story. It was Adam Jones' "rain making" that started the incident.

Caddy
03-02-2007, 03:44 PM
It just goes from bad to worse for this guy, and such a shame too.

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 03:47 PM
that's the worst "argument" i've ever read on this board. ever. period. i'd quote ward's sig if it was easy.

he IS an idiot. he BIT a cop. that's called a FELONY. this was RIGHT AFTER he was tied to a murder. but yeah, great going. he's clearly working hard on that NFL career while he's out assaulting police officers. awesome.

and what the hell is he going to judge me for on not making the NFL? i've nevr been to prison, i have a good job, and frankly, i wasn't allowed to continue my college career because of injury. so exactly what was your point again?

i'm actually angry that you thought this was a coherent, logical argument and thought it was worth posting. i can't even read the rest of the garbage you posted because this was so illogical and ridiculous. please, just stop talking.

you are absolutely ridiculous. Youre right. Youre perfect. Youve never done anything wrong in your life. Youre a better person than Pac-Man. Hes a scumbag. Its like I said, get the **** off your ivory tower.

Has Pac-Man made some mistakes? yeah, he has. Does he have some changes to make? Yeah, he has. But youre sitting here judging him as a person. You are making blanket judgments on a guy you really know nothing about. You really seem to think you are a better man than this guy because you havent been to jail? Are you a better man than me because Ive spent a couple nights in jail? Keep in mind, you know absolutely nothing about me. Im not saying Im better than you or anyone is better than you, because I DONT KNOW YOU. And YOU DONT KNOW ME OR PAC-MAN, SO KEEP YOUR ***** JUDGMENTS TO YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE SOMEONE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW.

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 03:50 PM
If you were paying attention to the story. It was Adam Jones' "rain making" that started the incident.

yeah, but its not like he was trying to instigate a fight or anything. it was a bad decision for him to be flaunting his money like that, I agree, but lets not go blame Pac-Man for everything that happenned at the club, I think the blame falls on the guy who pulled out the gun and the woman who broke a bottle over a bouncers head, etc etc whatever else happenned as the situation got out of control.

smittyjs
03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Time for him to go to prison. And time for the Titans to draft a CB in the first round.
Hell no, we have way to many needs already

locseti
03-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Eckhart Tolle says judgement is the only cause of pain.

Smokey Joe
03-02-2007, 04:49 PM
he does live up to the nickname "pacman"

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 04:57 PM
yes, yes i do. i am a better man than timothy mcveigh. do i know him? no. does that matter? no. i am a better human being than pacman. do i know him? no, but then, i don't need to to know that i don't associate with nor have i ever shot a fellow strip club patron. nor do i associate with anyone nor have i ever bitten a police officer. nor do i have a reputation for similar behaviour. nor has my life ever interfered with my ability to hold down a job.

but then, i guess you dcan't judge, say, hitler. because, by your own ridiculous logic, you never knew him. make a logical argument or stop talking.

here again come the comparisons to Hitler and Timothy McVeigh. People who have done simply unthinkable things. People who were obviously sick in the head.

But I'll tell you what. You are frickin sick in the head for coming out and saying "I am a better man than Pac-Man Jones" for the reasons you stated. As if that makes him a bad person. As if he as a person is defined by these brushes with the law he has had. As if you as a person can be defined by the brushes with the law you haven't had. Thinking like yours is a disease that will ruin this great country. You reinforce everything I say about the ivory tower when you talk like that. Instead, you are sitting back taking inventory on people, rather than actually looking at yourself. Pretending you are perfect. And if you are perfect, which im sure youre not, you should be trying to help people who arent so lucky as you rather than just looking down at everyone who isnt so blessed to be gifted with your perfection.

Shiver
03-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Are you related to Jones by any chance? That's the only reasonable explanation for you sticking up for him. No wait, even Jones' family thinks he needs to get his head out of his nether regions, and fix his life.

LINK (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070228/SPORTS01/702280465/1002/SPORTS)

"Everybody tries to talk to him," Robert Jones said. "I do. His mother talks to him, his grandparents talk to him. … I don't know, I just think he is out of control. I've told him I think he is out of damn control, but he doesn't want to hear it.

"I hate to say things on the negative because I want to see him do good. But it is hard to see him keep getting involved in stuff like this. …''

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 05:08 PM
I stick up for anyone who is getting unfairly judged. I dont have any liking for pac-man in particular.

What you dont get is that I agree he is screwing up. His whole life he worked to become the football player he is, this is the dream of him and millions of other men and he is living it and he keeps making foolish decisions, putting himself in bad situations, jepoardizing his football career. Giving in to temptation. Its foolish. I agree with that.

But you guys are sitting here saying "he is a joke of a human being", "he is scumbag", "I am a better man than him", "he should be thrown in prison", etc etc etc. And I strongly believe against people judging people in that manner, especially when we are talking about people like Pac-Man who are really just hurting themselves and are, as his father stated, somewhat out of control. But Ive known a lot of people that have been out of control at some point in their life and have stabilized and they are not bad people and I am not a better person than any of them because I didnt have those problems. And I am not gonna judge them like I am perfect, like I dont have some problems of my own.

03-02-2007, 05:14 PM
here again come the comparisons to Hitler and Timothy McVeigh. People who have done simply unthinkable things. People who were obviously sick in the head.

But I'll tell you what. You are frickin sick in the head for coming out and saying "I am a better man than Pac-Man Jones" for the reasons you stated. As if that makes him a bad person. As if he as a person is defined by these brushes with the law he has had. As if you as a person can be defined by the brushes with the law you haven't had. Thinking like yours is a disease that will ruin this great country. You reinforce everything I say about the ivory tower when you talk like that. Instead, you are sitting back taking inventory on people, rather than actually looking at yourself. Pretending you are perfect. And if you are perfect, which im sure youre not, you should be trying to help people who arent so lucky as you rather than just looking down at everyone who isnt so blessed to be gifted with your perfection.

Do you know njx personally? Then stop judging him.

smittyjs
03-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Are you related to Jones by any chance? That's the only reasonable explanation for you sticking up for him. No wait, even Jones' family thinks he needs to get his head out of his nether regions, and fix his life.

LINK (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070228/SPORTS01/702280465/1002/SPORTS)
His mom was also arrested for weed when all of this went down.....

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Do you know njx personally? Then stop judging him.

I said that it was a sick thing to say. Theres a difference between saying he is exhibiting sick line of thinking and judging the statement he made and judging him as a person. I stated in my post that I am not calling myself better than NJX because I dont know him. I have no problem with someone saying Adam Jones is stupid and irresponsible for putting himself in the situations he has been in. I have a problem with people putting judgments on him as a person and making statements like "he is a worthless human being", "I am a better person than him", etc etc. Get the distinction?

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I stick up for anyone who is getting unfairly judged. I dont have any liking for pac-man in particular.
Unfairly judged??? Are you friggin serious? You have to realize that he's being fairly judged. What more evidence do we need to form a judgement about him being 1. an idiot and 2. a detriment to society? He's had TEN incidents, including being involved in a shooting outside of a strip club and biting a police officer! I'm pretty sure he's had his fair share of DUI's too, which absolutely endanger lives.
If that's seriously your logic than you can never again make any argument or have any opinion, because those require judgements and you refuse to allow anyone to do so. In fact you can't respond to this because you are and already have been making a judgement that Pac-man is just a misunderstood guy without any evidence whatsoever. You are a flaming hypocrite.

smittyjs
03-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Unfairly judged??? Are you friggin serious? You have to realize that he's being fairly judged. What more evidence do we need to form a judgement about him being 1. an idiot and 2. a detriment to society? He's had TEN incidents, including being involved in a shooting outside of a strip club and biting a police officer! I'm pretty sure he's had his fair share of DUI's too, which absolutely endanger lives.
If that's seriously your logic than you can never again make any argument or have any opinion, because those require judgements and you refuse to allow anyone to do so. In fact you can't respond to this because you are and already have been making a judgement that Pac-man is just a misunderstood guy without any evidence whatsoever. You are a flaming hypocrite.I don't think he has ever been charged with anything while in TN.

duckseason
03-02-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm co-signing most of what TCIH has said in this thread. I don't really feel like getting into an argument of this nature right now, but I just can't believe that he is the single voice of reason. I think a lot of you are confusing the law with right and wrong. Don't take the time to think for yourself. It's much easier to just let the law tell you who the big bad wolf is. Pacman does indeed seem to be having difficulty staying within the herd. We all do to a certain extent. We weren't meant to all just fall into line. We are trained to do so throughout life. Maybe his training hasn't been as effective yet. He does seem to be acting very immature. What a surprise. A kid with millions. I have no doubt that he will look back on these days later on, and very deeply regret some of the mistakes he's made. He seems to be victimizing himself. Maybe he just doesn't know any better yet. He will get it eventually though. One way or the other. Mistakes tend to be the best teachers. Without them, there is no real learning. What exactly has Pacman done that was so egregiously out of line anyway? Prisons are for people who are a clear threat to society. Not for the majority of society itself. Even if you feel that what's been reported is that bad, do you have proof? Or do you merrily ingest every single thing you read? How would you like every mistake you made in life to be broadcast all over the world? According to some of you, we should lock up tots because they throw a tantrum. Pacman is in the process of life. He has a lot to learn, just like the rest of us. Hopefully for his sake, these recent events in his life have accelerated that process.

rickscott
03-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Do you have any idea how the majority of drug users get money to purchase drugs? It's not through hard working 8-4 jobs, it's by robbing and stealing from hard working folks, so yes, his use of drugs is in many ways does escalate the violence we see.

P.S. Have you ever met anyone that you can't find an excuse for?

locseti
03-02-2007, 06:12 PM
ya burnt!!!

locseti
03-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Do you have any idea how the majority of drug users get money to purchase drugs? It's not through hard working 8-4 jobs, it's by robbing and stealing from hard working folks, so yes, his use of drugs is in many ways does escalate the violence we see.

OMG, drug users get there drug money from robbing and stealing!!!!!!!!!

Shiver
03-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm co-signing most of what TCIH has said in this thread. I don't really feel like getting into an argument of this nature right now, but I just can't believe that he is the single voice of reason. I think a lot of you are confusing the law with right and wrong. Don't take the time to think for yourself. It's much easier to just let the law tell you who the big bad wolf is. Pacman does indeed seem to be having difficulty staying within the herd. We all do to a certain extent. We weren't meant to all just fall into line. We are trained to do so throughout life. Maybe his training hasn't been as effective yet. He does seem to be acting very immature. What a surprise. A kid with millions. I have no doubt that he will look back on these days later on, and very deeply regret some of the mistakes he's made. He seems to be victimizing himself. Maybe he just doesn't know any better yet. He will get it eventually though. One way or the other. Mistakes tend to be the best teachers. Without them, there is no real learning. What exactly has Pacman done that was so egregiously out of line anyway? Prisons are for people who are a clear threat to society. Not for the majority of society itself. Even if you feel that what's been reported is that bad, do you have proof? Or do you merrily ingest every single thing you read? How would you like every mistake you made in life to be broadcast all over the world? According to some of you, we should lock up tots because they throw a tantrum. Pacman is in the process of life. He has a lot to learn, just like the rest of us. Hopefully for his sake, these recent events in his life have accelerated that process.

There is a vast difference between 'growing pains,' and getting involved in incident after incident, ten to be exact. He hasn't learned that's the problem. If this was a couple of incidents, sure, I would agree with you.

duckseason
03-02-2007, 06:19 PM

I obviously have a much better idea than you. Take off the blindfold. Take a look around. Drugs are everywhere. And they aren't the cause for the pillaging you speak of anyway. But that's not what we're talking about here. And I never excused anybody. I put the thing into perspective. It's kinda tough to make an excuse for somebody when you don't even know what they've done. Just like how it's kinda tough to persecute the guy.

Tubby
03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Wait for a conviction. If he is convicted, he should be gone.

duckseason
03-02-2007, 06:22 PM
There is a vast difference between 'growing pains,' and getting involved in incident after incident, ten to be exact. He hasn't learned that's the problem. If this was a couple of incidents, sure, I would agree with you.
Well, then take me to the gallows. I've made hundreds of mistakes in my life. I guess it's a good thing they weren't broadcast to the world. I must be ten times as bad as Pacman.

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 06:48 PM
If that's seriously your logic than you can never again make any argument or have any opinion, because those require judgements and you refuse to allow anyone to do so. In fact you can't respond to this because you are and already have been making a judgement that Pac-man is just a misunderstood guy without any evidence whatsoever. You are a flaming hypocrite.

Your argument for calling me a hypocrite is just ridiculous. Your whole idea of a judgement is whacked out. Making the judgement that Calvin Johnson is a great NFL WR prospect is very different from making the judgement "Pac-Man Jones is a bad person" and you know what Im talking about when I say that people dont have the right to judge Pac-Man. If youve ever heard of the straw-man tactic before, thats exactly what youre pulling here. I say that you shouldn't judge the entire character of a person, and then you twist my words and build on them to say that no one can ever make a judgment and therefore we wouldnt be able to make arguments or have opinions. Its just BS. Stop trying to win the argument and actually listen.

And im pretty sure Pac-Man has 0 DUIs so where did that come from? Just something you would assume he would do? And even if he did, it still doesnt make him a bad person, it just means he is having that much more of a problem with controlling himself. And I never made a judgement on Pac-Man as a person, I only argued that people who don't know him shouldn't make a judgement on him based on what they hear in the news about his off-field problems.

BTW, to the guy who said have I ever met anyone I couldnt defend. Try my older brother. I got mad love for the guy, but he is a messed up person and I dont want to go into detail about it, but the point is I know him very well and I do have the right to judge him, because I shared a room with him for almost 20 years and know him like you would expect I would know my brother. On the flipside, I refuse to judge Pac-Man because he is a player who I know nothing about except what he does on the field and what the paper writes about him. Maybe if I spent some time with him and got to know him and he was to open up to me, I would be able to cast some kind of judgement on him.

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 06:51 PM
BTW, glad to see a little backup here for Duckman and Locsetti. Its feels hopeless when all I suggest is a little understanding and less blind hatred and the whole forum jumps down my throat. Good to see some people are coming from the same place. Nice quote there Loc.

Raiderz4Life
03-02-2007, 09:30 PM
hahaha i think that was kinda funny. sorry but i did lol

KCJ58
03-02-2007, 09:50 PM
he'll never play in the NFL again

bantx
03-02-2007, 10:10 PM
he friggen bit someone lol not just anyone but an officer man he mustve been mad to bite someone

princefielder28
03-02-2007, 10:11 PM
The NFL should just kick this bum out of the league and set a precedent so players know that they can't do whatever they want and continue to get away with it

smittyjs
03-02-2007, 10:27 PM
The NFL should just kick this bum out of the league and set a precedent so players know that they can't do whatever they want and continue to get away with it
If there going to kick him out, then there going to need to kick the other half of the NFL out.

03-02-2007, 10:34 PM
If there going to kick him out, then there going to need to kick the other half of the NFL out.

They should kick out everyone except Cutler. :)

smittyjs
03-02-2007, 10:57 PM
They should kick out everyone except Cutler. :)
Cutler doesn't need a team, he is THE TEAM.

cunningham06
03-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Pacman is a gangsta, too bad that's not his job. Just play some damn football.

ks_perfection
03-02-2007, 11:10 PM

The NFL can't give the guy no penalties at all and than all of a sudden kick him completely out. You could treat him like a steriod abuser, 4 games, than 1 year and well, Im geussing there out after that but its just a geuss.

rickscott
03-02-2007, 11:32 PM
I actually think he could get 1 yr on this instance. They will certainly take his past history into account, not so much for drug violations but just contacts with law enforcement making the league look bad. I also think the new Commish will want to take a hard line stance to show he ain't screwing around.

Bohleive
03-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Your argument for calling me a hypocrite is just ridiculous. Your whole idea of a judgement is whacked out. Making the judgement that Calvin Johnson is a great NFL WR prospect is very different from making the judgement "Pac-Man Jones is a bad person" and you know what Im talking about when I say that people dont have the right to judge Pac-Man. If youve ever heard of the straw-man tactic before, thats exactly what youre pulling here. I say that you shouldn't judge the entire character of a person, and then you twist my words and build on them to say that no one can ever make a judgment and therefore we wouldnt be able to make arguments or have opinions. Its just BS. Stop trying to win the argument and actually listen.

And im pretty sure Pac-Man has 0 DUIs so where did that come from? Just something you would assume he would do? And even if he did, it still doesnt make him a bad person, it just means he is having that much more of a problem with controlling himself. And I never made a judgement on Pac-Man as a person, I only argued that people who don't know him shouldn't make a judgement on him based on what they hear in the news about his off-field problems.

BTW, to the guy who said have I ever met anyone I couldnt defend. Try my older brother. I got mad love for the guy, but he is a messed up person and I dont want to go into detail about it, but the point is I know him very well and I do have the right to judge him, because I shared a room with him for almost 20 years and know him like you would expect I would know my brother. On the flipside, I refuse to judge Pac-Man because he is a player who I know nothing about except what he does on the field and what the paper writes about him. Maybe if I spent some time with him and got to know him and he was to open up to me, I would be able to cast some kind of judgement on him.

So explain to me how exactly you're not making a character judgement yourself. Further, where exactly did I say he was a bad person:
What more evidence do we need to form a judgement about him being 1. an idiot and 2. a detriment to society?

jblaze66
03-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Another one bites the dust

OzTitan
03-03-2007, 01:12 AM
I actually think he could get 1 yr on this instance. They will certainly take his past history into account, not so much for drug violations but just contacts with law enforcement making the league look bad. I also think the new Commish will want to take a hard line stance to show he ain't screwing around.

It will be heavily disputed by the NFLPA though, as he hasn't actually been convicted of anything since entering the league as of this day, and if he escapes conviction from the biting-an-officer incident for whatever reasons (after all, it WAS a year ago, kinda shaky if you ask me), he probably still won't have any as I'm not sure anything is going to be possible to prove with the Vegas incident, particularly given nothing has happened yet despite claims from the owner that they have "low resolution" video proof. I don't think they'll be able to suspend someone for a year based on close calls myself.

eastside49er
03-03-2007, 01:16 AM
Pacman is a moron. How much is too much? Honestly. He should be suspended for at least a year, if not 2. If he doesn't get into trouble with in those 2 years, then let him back in.

TheChampIsHere
03-03-2007, 01:32 AM
you're judging them, something you just said i was a *#^*&^#$( idiot for doing. wonderful work there.

please quote where i said i was perfect. please quote where anyone has. please quote where i, personally, have said anything other than "if guilty" except in response to the moronic hypothetical situations you've posed.

having trouble? can't imagine why.

sorry, i guess everyone in prison is really just a truly wonderful person. the dude around the corner who tried to beat up my sister? he's just misunderstood. i shouldn't judge him because i have no idea what it's like to want to hit a girl i don't know. he's probably a wonderful person. the guy who shot darrent williams? fantastic guy. i mean, i shouldn't judge him just because he tripped, fell and fired multiple rounds into an SUV that probably shouldn't have had people in it anyways.

you have yet to present a single argument that isn't utter bullhockey. you have yet to do anything but whine and kick an d scream that people are judging people for *gasp* breaking the law and suggesting that *gaspgasp* if they did, in fact commit murder, they should go to prison for it. i know that's an f'ing MASSIVE leap, and realistically, you're right, our society would probably be FAR better off if we didn't send those guys to prison, and just gave them a hug and more ammo. that'd be awesome. i mean, totally. why should we EVER hold ANYONE accountable for their mistakes, ESPECIALLY when theyr'e millionaire athletes? they can't be held accountable for doing dumb things. let's all hold hands and sing fricking kumbayah.

i'm done. you've presented nothing of substance. your argument is pathetic. your presentation is a joke. you've said nothing worth listening to in this entire thread.

there you go again. We're talking about Adam Jones, a petty criminal who has done what? Got in a couple confrontations at clubs where he was partying, had some weed in his house, aledgedly bit a cop in the finger. Yeah, a real freakin menace to society.

Yet you insist on bringing in serial killers, terrorists, racist dictators responsible for genocide and the guy who caused your family distress by beating up your sister.

Where is the connection?

Honestly, I read your post and I wonder WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? When did I say lets not hold Pac-Man accountable? When did I say WE SHOULDNT PUT MURDERERS IN JAIL????

Address my points stop putting words in my mouth. Stop trying to tear down my argument by making the ridiculous argument that unless I stand up and defender Hitler I have no right to say not to pass judgement on anyone. Hitler is the most extreme example you could possibly bring up. I guess unless I

Ive said all along Pac-Man is screwing up and making poor choices and if the NFL decides to take a hard line and suspend or him the Titans cut him, he has no one to blame but himself. So stop putting words in my mouth.

You miss the entire point. Who said you cant judge his actions? Not me. You can say "it is stupid for him to be putting himself in the situations he has put himself in" or like his dad said "he is out of control right now". Id agree with that. But you dont do that. You are judging him as a person. You are saying "he is a joke of a human being. I am a better man than him". You dont know anything about him except his brushes with the law, as if that defines who he is. As if that is the only measuring stick that a man should be measured with. Like I said, I can judge my brother because I know him, Im not judging him based on a few incidents, Im judging him based on 20 years of experiences with him. How can you possibly make the argument "I am a better person than Pac-Man Jones because he's broken the law and I haven't" Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

And by the way, not everyone who is in prison is a bad person. You are not a better man than all of them. If you think you are, that only supports my point. And you being someone who has never been to jail, who are you to judge? I have been to jail and it was a lot of good dudes there. It is a ****** up place, but its a lot of good dudes in there. Thats not to say theyre all good, but some of them are, and you cant just judge someone and say they are a bad person just because they went to prison. I go to NA meetings sometimes, not because Im an addict and not because I even use narcotics, but I attend them sometimes. According to you, it is a room full of scumbags, because after all they all break the law all the time, it is a felony to possess the narcotics they took/take daily. I'll tell you off top those are some of the best people I have ever met. But a guy like you would just judge them not even knowing them.

You didnt call yourself perfect, not in those words, but you talk about yourself as if youre without fault. Adams Jones did A, B and C and didn't do those things therefore Im a better man than him, as if you havent done some wrong things in your life, as if you dont have problems of your own.

Really, all you do in your posts is say ridiculous things that have nothing to do with the argument Im making and then you say I havent said anything and my argument is ridiculous and that you cant talk with me and then I respond and then you come back with the same response saying that I am not making sense and then coming back with a bunch of blabbering about Hitler, Timothy Mcveigh and murderers.

TheChampIsHere
03-03-2007, 01:37 AM
It will be heavily disputed by the NFLPA though, as he hasn't actually been convicted of anything since entering the league as of this day, and if he escapes conviction from the biting-an-officer incident for whatever reasons (after all, it WAS a year ago, kinda shaky if you ask me), he probably still won't have any as I'm not sure anything is going to be possible to prove with the Vegas incident, particularly given nothing has happened yet despite claims from the owner that they have "low resolution" video proof. I don't think they'll be able to suspend someone for a year based on close calls myself.

yeah I honestly dont think Jones get suspended. I dont believe he has actually committed or been convicted of any crimes. The marijuana his mom and friend took credit for (whether it was theirs or not Im not sure, they coulda been vouching for him) the incidents at clubs Jones didnt do anything illegal I dont think just disturbing the peace charges or whatever nothing serious, it was other people who were fighting and shooting guns it seems. The whole biting police officer thing seems a little flimsy and like you said it was a year ago, i get the feeling he wont be prosecuted for it. That should keep Jones from getting discipline from jail or from the courts.

However, that doesnt excuse Pac-Man for what he has done. Just because it is OK by the letter of the law doesnt make it OK. He is not being responsible and the consequence he may get is the Titans cutting or trading him and in the long run hes gonna lose himself a lot of money.

Severe Punishment
03-03-2007, 02:13 AM
not everyone is content living their life they way you live yours or think they should live theirs. Who are you to be judging these guys who you dont even know and calling them things like "a joke of a human being"? Im not here to back up Pac-man and say that he hasn't done anything wrong but Im also not gonna sit here and cast down judgment on him and pretend to be any better of a man than him and I dont like to sit here and listen to you guys do it.\
Who said anything about contempt ? I simply asked if it is so hard to stay on the right side of the law? And quit preaching about "thou shall not sit and cast judgement" seriously we live in a country that has laws. Abide by them or face the consquences. It's really not that hard. When you have millions upon millions of dollars you should be able to find more to do with your time than throw small denominations of money at young women's feet in hopes of stroking your ego...seriously , what a clown.
Furthermore , when your job is part to be in the public eye..you should understand that you're a representitive of yourself, as well as a league full of other multi-millionaire children / young men...and when you break the law you should EXPECT a media and public downfall when you break the law....Adam Jones is NOT a victim....he's an immature brat whose managed to "hit the genetic lottery" so to speak and be coddled through life because of physical abilities.
Now he has enough money to live in this falacy of life. To continue to self dillude into the belief that he's something "more than human". Surrounding himself with "fools and thugs" (his grandmothers words not mine) who nurture that belief with him.

He has more troubled days ahead of him unless he wakes up and realizes his position, his influence and that the "money train" won't last forever ...eventually his abilities will dwindle & his fame will float away.

The Legend
03-03-2007, 10:08 AM
quick question so was this whole story bull

Don Vito
03-03-2007, 10:50 AM
there you go again. We're talking about Adam Jones, a petty criminal who has done what? Got in a couple confrontations at clubs where he was partying, had some weed in his house, aledgedly bit a cop in the finger. Yeah, a real freakin menace to society.

Yet you insist on bringing in serial killers, terrorists, racist dictators responsible for genocide and the guy who caused your family distress by beating up your sister.

Where is the connection?

Honestly, I read your post and I wonder WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? When did I say lets not hold Pac-Man accountable? When did I say WE SHOULDNT PUT MURDERERS IN JAIL????

Address my points stop putting words in my mouth. Stop trying to tear down my argument by making the ridiculous argument that unless I stand up and defender Hitler I have no right to say not to pass judgement on anyone. Hitler is the most extreme example you could possibly bring up. I guess unless I

Ive said all along Pac-Man is screwing up and making poor choices and if the NFL decides to take a hard line and suspend or him the Titans cut him, he has no one to blame but himself. So stop putting words in my mouth.

You miss the entire point. Who said you cant judge his actions? Not me. You can say "it is stupid for him to be putting himself in the situations he has put himself in" or like his dad said "he is out of control right now". Id agree with that. But you dont do that. You are judging him as a person. You are saying "he is a joke of a human being. I am a better man than him". You dont know anything about him except his brushes with the law, as if that defines who he is. As if that is the only measuring stick that a man should be measured with. Like I said, I can judge my brother because I know him, Im not judging him based on a few incidents, Im judging him based on 20 years of experiences with him. How can you possibly make the argument "I am a better person than Pac-Man Jones because he's broken the law and I haven't" Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

And by the way, not everyone who is in prison is a bad person. You are not a better man than all of them. If you think you are, that only supports my point. And you being someone who has never been to jail, who are you to judge? I have been to jail and it was a lot of good dudes there. It is a ****** up place, but its a lot of good dudes in there. Thats not to say theyre all good, but some of them are, and you cant just judge someone and say they are a bad person just because they went to prison. I go to NA meetings sometimes, not because Im an addict and not because I even use narcotics, but I attend them sometimes. According to you, it is a room full of scumbags, because after all they all break the law all the time, it is a felony to possess the narcotics they took/take daily. I'll tell you off top those are some of the best people I have ever met. But a guy like you would just judge them not even knowing them.

You didnt call yourself perfect, not in those words, but you talk about yourself as if youre without fault. Adams Jones did A, B and C and didn't do those things therefore Im a better man than him, as if you havent done some wrong things in your life, as if you dont have problems of your own.

Really, all you do in your posts is say ridiculous things that have nothing to do with the argument Im making and then you say I havent said anything and my argument is ridiculous and that you cant talk with me and then I respond and then you come back with the same response saying that I am not making sense and then coming back with a bunch of blabbering about Hitler, Timothy Mcveigh and murderers.

Do you think Jones is going to have an epiphany one day and start leading a responsible life? All of the crimes he has commited should show you that this man is not one to be trusted. You can look at what he has done so far and say that his crimes are "harmless" (though I would not say that). When you commit a crime you are breaking the law. Laws exist to keep order and keep people safe. He may not be Tim McVeigh or Hitler, and I am pretty sure njx9 is not saying he is them. The point he is making and that I am making is that Pacman is not a safe person to be around, he is a threat to society, and you SHOULD judge him for that.

What if Pacman did commit a "serious" crime? What would you say then. These small crimes are usually warning signs that this person is not one to be trusted. After 10 crimes commited, at what point do you say enough is enough? You cannot just let this man keep breaking the law and using his football fortune get him out of everything. If he is not disciplined he will keep doing what he is doing, since getting arrested does not seem to bother him. It is outrageous that you can defend him.

ripdw27
03-03-2007, 01:29 PM
i dont think he should get cut or kicked out of the league, he should get a one year "probation" type thing where if he stays clean he keeps playing but if hes arrested he gets some kind of punishment from the league.

also (nothing on darrent williams AT ALL) if he keeps messin around like this he could very well end up like darrent williams, lord forbid. is it really hard to go another 7-9 years without commiting a felony or getting arrested? Al Capone was only arrested like once lol.

TheChampIsHere
03-03-2007, 02:42 PM
\
Who said anything about contempt ? I simply asked if it is so hard to stay on the right side of the law? And quit preaching about "thou shall not sit and cast judgement" seriously we live in a country that has laws. Abide by them or face the consquences. It's really not that hard. When you have millions upon millions of dollars you should be able to find more to do with your time than throw small denominations of money at young women's feet in hopes of stroking your ego...seriously , what a clown.
Furthermore , when your job is part to be in the public eye..you should understand that you're a representitive of yourself, as well as a league full of other multi-millionaire children / young men...and when you break the law you should EXPECT a media and public downfall when you break the law....Adam Jones is NOT a victim....he's an immature brat whose managed to "hit the genetic lottery" so to speak and be coddled through life because of physical abilities.
Now he has enough money to live in this falacy of life. To continue to self dillude into the belief that he's something "more than human". Surrounding himself with "fools and thugs" (his grandmothers words not mine) who nurture that belief with him.

He has more troubled days ahead of him unless he wakes up and realizes his position, his influence and that the "money train" won't last forever ...eventually his abilities will dwindle & his fame will float away.

I will agree with some of that...He is making mistakes and he will have to face the consequences. and Im certainly not saying he shouldn't. I'm not calling him a victim either. And I would certainly agree that immaturity has a lot to do with his problems. And its not that much surprising that a young guy like himself who is probably a little bit full of himself and immature would get a little out of control when he suddenly gets millions of dollars and fame. I still don't think you guys get the point because you keep coming back at me with saying how irresponsible he is as if I am trying to argue he hasn't done anything wrong. What I'm saying is he is a young man who has some problems and is making some mistakes but we've all got our problems and its not right for us to get on our high horse about what a terrible person he is. And that you shouldn't have so much damn anger towards this guy and if anything just wish him the best that he'll get his life together and not all this hatred towards him like he is a horrible person. Do you get my point at all???

Another thing I would like to mention is the way you guys act like someone just gave him his NFL career. While he was obviously blessed with some athletic talent, you cant act like it didn't take hard work and dedication on his part to get where he did. We are all born with our gifts and its up to us to make the most of us and in his case, he took his football skills all the way, of course he is now risking losing it all, but you see my point. This kid has obviously done a lot of things right, I can think of people who have been messing up a lot worse than him and they arent bad people either. Its not like there arent some redeeming things he has done.

TheChampIsHere
03-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Do you think Jones is going to have an epiphany one day and start leading a responsible life? All of the crimes he has commited should show you that this man is not one to be trusted. You can look at what he has done so far and say that his crimes are "harmless" (though I would not say that). When you commit a crime you are breaking the law. Laws exist to keep order and keep people safe. He may not be Tim McVeigh or Hitler, and I am pretty sure njx9 is not saying he is them. The point he is making and that I am making is that Pacman is not a safe person to be around, he is a threat to society, and you SHOULD judge him for that.

What if Pacman did commit a "serious" crime? What would you say then. These small crimes are usually warning signs that this person is not one to be trusted. After 10 crimes commited, at what point do you say enough is enough? You cannot just let this man keep breaking the law and using his football fortune get him out of everything. If he is not disciplined he will keep doing what he is doing, since getting arrested does not seem to bother him. It is outrageous that you can defend him.

First off, I dont buy that he is a threat to society. I would say he is a threat to himself. But not a threat to society. Aside from a report that sounds like its bogus about him biting a cop, he hasnt really done anything violent, he has only been around violent people. He should think about trying to make new friends, but that is not an easy thing to do, especially if youre talking about people he grew up with.

And yes, I do believe Pac-Man can turn himself around. Ive watched too many people turn their lives around and I myself am a former knucklehead who got a new outlook on life and turned himself around. So yes, I do believe strongly that people who engage in self-destructive behavior are usually good people inside and can change.

Titans10
03-03-2007, 04:28 PM
lol check this out

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=snibbe/070302

someone447
03-03-2007, 05:17 PM

You do know that most cocaine users are white collar workers such as lawyers? Right? Or rich kids who's parents give them money to spend on whatever they like, and they just happen to choose drugs. I know a bunch of people heavily into drugs, and guess how they pay for them? WITH THEIR JOB! A HUGE percentage of people in this country use marijuana. Do all of them steal? No. Quit blindly taking everything the government says about drugs at face value. A lot of it is just propoganda. What escalates the violence we see is the notion of a "War on Drugs." Legalize drugs and those shady characters that sell them go away, because they can't compete with the people who sell legally, because then you don't have to worry about getting shot. Just like alcohol now.

Seriously, why is it so hard for these athletes to just play ball ?
Why on earth do they feel it neccesary to go to strip clubs in the first place ?
You mean to tell me that a young millionaire has to pay for it to see it ??? wow, how sad.

Ok, we all know he doesn't have to pay to see it. How many times do you think the strippers go home with him after? Why should athletes be held to higher standards than any other member of society?

Is he a joke of a human being? It sure seems like it. Anyone that gets into as much legal trouble as him is ******* stupid. HE BIT A POLICE OFFICER FOR CHRIST SAKE! It isn't hard not to get caught breaking the law. I am completely against the whole war on drugs. If someone wants to take them, by all means, go ahead and do it. Just don't be a dumbass and get caught. I think we can all agree that he is a dumbass. I honestly can't stand stupid people, I think they are all a detriment to society, and HE IS ******* STUPID!

TCIH, you are on just as much of a high horse as anyone on the otherside of the argument. He *allegedly* committed a felony, if he is found guilty, he probably should be kicked out of the NFL, just like he would if he was at any Fortune 500 company. Athletes shouldn't be held to any lower or higher standards than anyone else.

But back to the strip club thing, every guy here would go to a strip club if they knew full well that they were ******* one(or more) of the strippers that night. Hell, I know I would. It isn't about HAVING to pay to see tits, it is about going out with the guys and having a good time, while looking at a bunch of hot naked girls.

TheChampIsHere
03-04-2007, 01:09 AM
someone, i never once said Pac-Man shouldnt have consequences. If he gets convicted of a felony, he will get kicked out of the league, and I wont argue with it. If the Titans cut him b/c enough is enough, I wont argue with it for a ******. And he has done some very stupid things, no question about it. I dont know if he really bit a cop or not, but if he did that is just dumb. Even if the cops were unfairly arresting him. Ive had asshole cops slap the cuffs on my wrists a couple times when I had barely done anything just to scare me or whatever but Im not dumb enough to get in a damn fight with them and bite em. But like I said, Im not sure he even did it and its his life and his decision and if he did bite a cop he will deal with consequences.

P.S. Why do the bleep out the word m-i-n-u-t-e

eacantdraft
03-04-2007, 01:27 PM
The cops should have done a Steve Foley on PacMan.

lod01
03-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Eventually this waste of oxygen will be in prison. It's only a matter of time.

jdcdam1
03-05-2007, 12:49 PM
This story happened Before the Las Vegas incident...so this is old news....and its funny to me to hear all these negative comments...You didnt hear about him getting in trouble until he was headed to the NFL, and that's because of people around you excepting things from you and constantly trying to defoul you. I know, I grew up near Pacman (Boatrock Projects) and know some of his people, including the guy that was with him during this incident....people WILL TRY YOU when they know you have money, it's true....in Las Vegas, there were other celebrities in the club doing the same thing, but the media chose to point him out cuz of past instances to further discredit him...it's sad but trust me Pacman isn't the guy the media tries to make him out to be. No one talks negative about y'all when you all go to the strip club after work, or get pulled over for DUI...and if you did, you wouldn't want to lose your job over it...and that whole Police situation is blown way out of proportion, Atlanta always does their stars like that...so y'all should watch y'all mouth.

Addict
03-05-2007, 12:54 PM
lol check this out

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=snibbe/070302

lol.

I hate the ten characer rule.

jdcdam1
03-08-2007, 11:27 AM
It has nothing to do with the neighborhood, but yes celebrities are singled out, then talked about like dogs and that's not fair, when actually anyone who goes to ESPN Zone and drinks a few beers while watching the game can technically be charged with DUI. So don't act like he's the worst person on earth. And as far as him biting the police goes.....I'll say it like this, remember when the lady said he spit in her face and the charges were dropped cuz she couldnt get her story straight? the same thing will happen here. And what felony was Pacman charged with before entering the league? He had a misdeanor, that's it...In fact, he only has ONE charge against him, the rest was all either dismissed, or he had nothing to do with it in the 1st place. You guys gotta start getting the facts straight before y'all start writing your opinion. go to ESPN right now and read the story on him, maybe that'll help.

do you have any idea why no one would talk "negative" about me if i got a DUI? because no one knows me. i'm not a celebrity. i'm not in the public eye. but i'm sure no one talks "negative" about any other celebrity on earth when they get a DUI. it's probably just football players from bad neighborhoods.

further, i likely WOULD lose my job, as a large part of it is contingent upon my ability to drive and a SINGLE DUI (let alone any other arrests) would cost me my ability to do that. what's funny is that you don't mention that pacman's felony assault (biting the police officer) would prevent most people on earth from getting any meaningful job because they have to check that pesky little "have you ever committed a felony" box on the application or undergo a background check. a friend of mine who was convicted and sent to federal prison for robbing a bank will be lucky if he can keep his job at a chain restaurant that his friend had to pull strings to get for him. but everyone on this board is a prick for believeing that athletes might possibly be held to the same standard.

yeah. ok.

jared
03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
And what felony was Pacman charged with before entering the league? He had a misdeanor, that's it...In fact, he only has ONE charge against him, the rest was all either dismissed, or he had nothing to do with it in the 1st place. You guys gotta start getting the facts straight before y'all start writing your opinion. go to ESPN right now and read the story on him, maybe that'll help.
From the ESPN article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2790076) you suggested we all read:
"During his freshman year, Jones allegedly beat another student with a pool cue in a bar fight; in October 2003, he was was sentenced to one year in jail. Eventually, the malicious assault charge, a felony, was reduced to a misdemeanor, the sentence was suspended and Jones was placed on two years' probation. For 60 days, he wore an electronic monitoring bracelet. Late in 2005, the state claimed he had violated the probation, and it was extended by 90 days."
How convenient that criminal battery with a weapon was reduced to a misdemeanor. Regardless, he was charged and convicted.
"In the 23 months since he was drafted by the Titans, Jones has drawn the scrutiny of the police at least 10 times and has been charged with assault, felony vandalism and felony obstruction. And now, the events in Las Vegas are threatening his NFL career after just two seasons in the league."
I'm sure poor Pacman is just always in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure every single 'incident' with the police was just a case of Pacman being unfairly targeted by people who can't get their story straight. This guy has had plenty of chances and gotten off the hook a lot more than you or I because of his status as a football player. Just because charges are dropped doesn't mean nothing happened.

LonghornsLegend
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
some of you guys should read about a persons background before your so quick to judge, and call them out on something...its easy to point fingers, and type about how someones such an idiot when you grew up with both parents and had the easy road all your life...

unless you know about struggling, or had to live in the projects to know what life is like, then you wouldnt understand....

in no way am i saying what pac man does is justified, or right, but i am saying you shouldnt judge someone unless you know what they went through growing up

eacantdraft
03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
some of you guys should read about a persons background before your so quick to judge, and call them out on something...its easy to point fingers, and type about how someones such an idiot when you grew up with both parents and had the easy road all your life...

unless you know about struggling, or had to live in the projects to know what life is like, then you wouldnt understand....

in no way am i saying what pac man does is justified, or right, but i am saying you shouldnt judge someone unless you know what they went through growing up

Quit with the bleeding hearted stuff about how PacMan grew up. That is the worst cop out and excuse for criminal behavior. Many people had tough lives and struggled without having to resort to criminal behavior.

Throw the bum in prison for a few years and he will learn what struggling will be like when he gets out and he is past his prime for football.

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 04:16 PM

jetsfan3
03-08-2007, 07:35 PM
damn....so many pacman haters in here. jealous idiots...:rolleyes:

Why would I be jealous of a man who brings 80 thousand dollars to a strip club, throws it all away, and then wants it back? Or someone who has gotten in trouble with the law 10 times in less than two years?

You have a lot of nerve to come onto this forum and have your first post about people being idiots for making negative comments on Pacman. Do you even know what he has done? Get a damn clue.

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Why would I be jealous of a man who brings 80 thousand dollars to a strip club, throws it all away, and then wants it back? Or someone who has gotten in trouble with the law 10 times in less than two years?

You have a lot of nerve to come onto this forum and have your first post about people being idiots for making negative comments on Pacman. Do you even know what he has done? Get a damn clue.

ive got a lotta nerve?? hahahahhahaha what are you gonna do to me? Do YOU even know what pacman has done?? according to the las vegas police department, NOTHING! YOU get a damn clue. and yes, you are all jealous. a man that brings 80 THOUSAND DOLLARS OF HIS OWN MONEY to a strip club....yall are just mad u dont have that money. comeon, please keep making fun of me....i find this amusing how ignorant you people can be!!!

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 08:55 PM
oh snap...i only have written 3 posts!!! what am i supposed to be intimidated by someone who has like 12,000 more than me???

jetsfan3
03-08-2007, 09:05 PM
oh snap...i only have written 3 posts!!! what am i supposed to be intimidated by someone who has like 12,000 more than me???

Nah, you just sound like a complete IDIOT for telling all of us we are jealous of PACMAN JONES.

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Nah, you just sound like a complete IDIOT for telling all of us we are jealous of PACMAN JONES.

well, you are

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
dont hate the player, hate the game

jetsfan3
03-08-2007, 09:13 PM
dont hate the player, hate the game

This is when I wish I can negative rep someone more than once.

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 09:16 PM
This is when I wish I can negative rep someone more than once.

ummmmmm ok

Don Vito
03-08-2007, 09:18 PM

A large amount of NFL players have went through horrible childhoods and still have not been constantly in the news for their latest run in with the law. Pacman did have a rough childhood but that does not mean that his actions are any different than any other NFL player (or any other person at all).

jetsfan3
03-08-2007, 09:22 PM
ummmmmm ok

In only a matter of minutes you will smell like sex panther, mainly due to your incredibly stupid posts.

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 09:23 PM
In only a matter of minutes you will smell like sex panther, mainly due to your incredibly stupid posts.

my stupid posts???

jetsfan3
03-08-2007, 09:26 PM
my stupid posts???

I didn't expect you to understand that because you haven't been here long enough. It will make sense to everyone else. And yes, your posts are stupid. Jealous of Pacman Jones. I need to take a poll, should I make that Pacman quote my sig quote or the one I have now?

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 09:28 PM
I didn't expect you to understand that because you haven't been here long enough. It will make sense to everyone else. And yes, your posts are stupid. Jealous of Pacman Jones. I need to take a poll, should I make that Pacman quote my sig quote or the one I have now?

o awesome....i would be honored to be in your sig....i vote YES!!!:D

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 09:30 PM
by the way whats make me smell like sex panther mean?? is that nerdy message board talk??

Man_Of_Steel
03-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Adam Jones is a role model all kids should aspire to be.

jetsfan3
03-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Adam Jones is a role model all kids should aspire to be.

Yes, and an Icon that we are all jealous of.

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Yes, and an Icon that we are all jealous of.

finally you've come around....

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 09:50 PM
quote 3 posts of mine where i was even vaguely jealous of anything he's done. but hey, i'm sure the only reason people thought OJ was guilty was because of jealousy. we all wished we could be him, riding around california in a white bronco. jealousy is the single stupidest excuse i've seen yet. it brings nothing to the argument. the fact that you're incapable of even making up your own argument or of trying to prove anyone in this thread has been jealous more or less invalidates everything you've said. that fact that it was moronic completely invalidates it.

but yeah, "don't hate the player"... GREAT argument. you're a credit to whatever GED program you just completed.

wow...you put waaaaay too much thought into dissing me. o nice OJ arguing by the way...that almost had something to do with what were talking about here, but it didnt. and YES, all these pacman haters are JEALOUS OF HIM! youre all just in denial. i dont blame you. who isnt jealous of a professional football player with MILLIONS of dollars. the fact that you keep denying it is MORONIC and COMPLETELY INVALIDATES IT.

but yeah, thanks for the props on the "dont hate the player argument." i know it looks like i did, but i actually didnt need a GED to make it. im still in high school. congratulations, youre arguing with a 14 year old!!:D

AllanO444
03-08-2007, 10:11 PM
again, wow......you mean havent stated a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true?? ahhhh lemme see.....

"and yes, you are all jealous. a man that brings 80 THOUSAND DOLLARS OF HIS OWN MONEY to a strip club....yall are just mad u dont have that money."

"and YES, all these pacman haters are JEALOUS OF HIM! youre all just in denial. i dont blame you. who isnt jealous of a professional football player with MILLIONS of dollars. the fact that you keep denying it is MORONIC and COMPLETELY INVALIDATES IT."

those are 2 FACTS and also ASSERTIONS that something is true. that something being all the pacman haters are jealous of him. get over yourself man, stop the denial.

jetsfan3
03-09-2007, 07:00 AM
A professional football player with millions of dollars who wastes it at strip clubs and will be come useless soon when he gets busted for something a week later and goes to jail. What good is millions in jail? NOTHING. And yes, you smell like sex panther now.

AllanO444
03-09-2007, 01:41 PM
A professional football player with millions of dollars who wastes it at strip clubs and will be come useless soon when he gets busted for something a week later and goes to jail. What good is millions in jail? NOTHING. And yes, you smell like sex panther now.

Thats 100% right. Millions of dollars means nothing in jail. But that isn't Pacman. Hes not in jail and he still has his millions of dollars. And its not wasting money if thats stuff he enjoys. Some people spend their money on video games, clothes, drugs, and much more. And no, i do not smell like sex panther now.....

AllanO444
03-09-2007, 08:30 PM
i would like to apologze for being such a dick. i didnt mean to call everyone idiots i was just tryin to defend my boi Pac, which is really hard to do:D

omecool20
03-09-2007, 09:37 PM
A lot of posts say that PacMan is innocent until proven guilty. Correct. It is on record that on the field he is great player for the Titans, and other teams would love to have him if they can. However, this fellow has a string of off the field problems for some time. There is a pattern here. I think he should be suspended for a season so that he realizes what he is missing when he is not in the league.

GiantRutgersFan
03-09-2007, 09:59 PM
You guys are so lame. You make it sound like every single thing a player does gets blown out of proportion when Its not true.

I agree that DUI's get kind of blown out of proportion cause they happen all the time.

But besides that nothing does. Marijuana stuff kind of does, but if you cant stop smoking pot when your making a million dollars a year (minimum) then you deserve it. I dont care if you smoke pot to be honest, but its ******** to risk such a lucrative career and your public perception for something as silly as smoking pot.

And how do you get arrested 10 times in 2 years? I have never been arrested and i do whatever I want whenever I want....

I watch MTV cribs and know that these guys have amazing houses will all sorts of awesome stuff. So why does Pacman feel the need to do all this stuff?

AllanO444
03-09-2007, 10:35 PM
You guys are so lame. You make it sound like every single thing a player does gets blown out of proportion when Its not true.

I agree that DUI's get kind of blown out of proportion cause they happen all the time.

But besides that nothing does. Marijuana stuff kind of does, but if you cant stop smoking pot when your making a million dollars a year (minimum) then you deserve it. I dont care if you smoke pot to be honest, but its ******** to risk such a lucrative career and your public perception for something as silly as smoking pot.

And how do you get arrested 10 times in 2 years? I have never been arrested and i do whatever I want whenever I want....

I watch MTV cribs and know that these guys have amazing houses will all sorts of awesome stuff. So why does Pacman feel the need to do all this stuff?

he hasnt been arrested 10 times....hes drawn police interst....meaning questioning, witness, or suspect

GiantRutgersFan
03-09-2007, 10:41 PM
he hasnt been arrested 10 times....hes drawn police interst....meaning questioning, witness, or suspect

Well my point is the same...

I do whatever I want whenever I want and I have drawn police interest zero times.

bills_red
03-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Pacman Jones-DB- Titans Mar. 11 - 12:14 am et
Pacman Jones was threatened with a knife at a bowling alley Friday night, according to News Channel 5 in Nashville.

A Spring Hill man was taken into police custody after allegedly pulling a knife on Jones, who was bowling with friends and family. The man was charged with aggravated assault. It appears Pacman was not injured.
Source: News Channel 5 Nashville
http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

jdcdam1
03-12-2007, 10:31 AM
huh? that was stupid, he basically proved my point...it was lowered to a misdemeanor, so like I said, no felony charges. God, some of y'all are dumb. And, since you obviously didnt know, there is a difference with being charged and convicted.

that's the sound of jared slapping jcdam1, if anyone missed it. +rep

that's actually not at all true and you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it was relevant. for instance, in many states, the BAC required for a DUI is somewhere around .08. if my BAC is under that, it doesn't matter that i had a "few beers at ESPN Zone", i won't "technically" receive a DUI. this is basic legal stuff that one would think you'd know before making up bad arguments.

TheChampIsHere
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
dont blame njx9 for being such a demeaning, insulting jackass...

i have a feeling his parents trained him from birth to be an asshole the same way Spartans train their kids to be warriors.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-12-2007, 06:48 PM
NJX is possibly the least liked mod on this board. Everytime he posts, I see an arguement, like 10 pages long.

TheChampIsHere
03-12-2007, 09:47 PM
that was cute and topical. sorry that i don't make excuses for athletes who are criminals. i still haven't seen you in a few recent posts on the off-topic board defending alleged criminals who hadn't even been convicted of a misdemeanor. one would've expected that someone so rabidly anti-judgement would be slightly more passionate. or should we only not judge people who came from bad neighborhoods, are great athletes and who are celebrities? regardless, you should continue to judge me and invalidate everything you originally said. there's nothing for proving your point like adamantly refusing to.

I stopped posting on this topic because I frankly got tired of arguing it with you. I would make an argument and then you would just say that is a dumb argument youre wrong youre an idiot and then bring up Hitler and Timothy Mcveigh but never really adress what I had to say. I havent even seen whatever posts youre talking about in the off topic board because I never really check that part of the forum. Im not sure what youre talking about, I cant be sure what my opinion would be on those subjects.

And stop trying to act like I invalidate what Ive said about not judging people. It is a fact that you act like a straight up asshole to people on this board. You are condescending, demeaning and insulting to people and act like you are smarter and superior to people that you talk to. Yes, I stated it like a joke in my last post but my point doesnt change. However, me making an observation on the way you treat people on this forum has nothing to do with what I had been saying earlier in the argument, so you can go ahead and keep making presumptions and trying to belittle me and everyone else but the stuff you say dont add up and you are only a giant in your head.

eacantdraft
03-12-2007, 09:48 PM
dont blame njx9 for being such a demeaning, insulting jackass...

i have a feeling his parents trained him from birth to be an asshole the same way Spartans train their kids to be warriors.

Nah, I think being an ass nozzle came naturally to him at birth.

Caddy
03-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Nah, I think being an ass nozzle came naturally to him at birth.

"ass nozzle" thats a new one

neko4
03-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Pac Man Jones next AFL cover boy!

Shiver
03-12-2007, 10:19 PM
*shrug* i'm only disliked by people who fail to argue their points properly. i've had ten page arguments with people like shiver, bbd and bsaza, who i have an enormous amount of respect for because they actually argue things rationally.

then again, i used to be the least liked user in general, so it's not like this is really news.

Mutual feelings here.

TheChampIsHere
03-12-2007, 11:09 PM
your original, and longest running point was that i'm an asshole for judging someone i don't know. you don't know me at all and you're judging me based on general observation on this forum. i'm judging jones based on general observation on a police blotter. there is absolutely no difference, no matter how you spin it, DJ.

for the first part, you made bad points. you suggested that no one is a criminal (except really bad guys) and that none of us should judge anyone for doing things. meanwhile, everyone had pretty much prefaced their first post in the thread with "if true" making almost everything you said irrelevant. i'm still waiting for that cogent argument, but now it's become fairly obvious that it's not forthcoming because you don't have one.

regardless, keep judging me. it doesn't make you look like a massive hypocrite or anything.

I gotta ask you a couple questions before I make this point for the hundred billionth time.

1. Are you stupid? Do you have a...uh...mental retardation that stops you from understanding and comprehending what people say???
2. Are you even reading my posts or are you just picturing something in your head that you think Im saying without bothering to check to see if its really what I wrote?
3. Are you just pretending to be dumb and just saying the same thing over and over because it makes you look good?

The answer to one of those questions has to be yes. Theres just no way the answer to all 3 is no, it wouldnt make sense, it would defy the rules of logic.

Now to clarify since you are either too dumb to understand what Im saying or trying too hard to misconstrue what Im saying.

You have to understand the difference between what Ive said about you and what you've said about Pac-Man....

- What you've done with Pac-Man is made an absolute judgement on him as a person. Theres been several statements like "he is a worthless person, he is a joke of a human being, he is a detriment to society who should be locked up". Those are strong words and you are making judgements on him as a whole person without knowing barely anything about him or making an attempt to actually understand him....

If you wanted to say Pac-Man is stupid to put himself in that situation, he is irresponsible to get in trouble when has the commitment to the Titans and to himself to fulfill his potential, he is confused and needs to do counseling and soul-searching, he lacks a sense of appreciation for what he has....anything along those lines....I wouldnt say you are being judgement because those are judgements you can make on him based on his incidents and for the most part I would agree with statements along those lines. So in a sense, it would be judging him to say something like that, but it is really completely different from what you have done which is just classifying him as a criminal and worthless piece of crap and dismissing him as a human being.

---Now, what have I said about you? I have said that you are an asshole on this forum. On this forum, which is the only place I know you, you fill the role of a complete jackass. Like I said, you are demeaning and insulting to people all over this board and you talk down to everyone. On the Pac-Man Jones subject, I said you are being a shallow and overly judgemental person and are again filling the role of an asshole by making the judgements again....

Now, to really make this point, I have to clarify the difference between saying that some is a _______ and someone is acting like a ________.....I am not making judgments on you as a person, I dont know you I dont know anything about except how you act on this board. However, I can say with conviction that on this board you act like a jerk. Im not making a judgement on you, Im making an observation. If I was to say NJX9 is a piece of crap as a person and an asshole and the world would be a better place if someone offed him, then that would be judging you, and thats pretty much what you've done with Pac-Man, without really knowing anything about him except what youve heard on the news about him. Just like it would be ridiculous and wrong for me to judge you as a person based on my limited experience with you on this forum it is ridiculous and wrong for you to make judgements like that on Pac-Man based on merely the news stories you've heard on him. You've made assumptions about what kind of person he is and oversimplified the situation so you can villify him in your head and so have a lot of people. They say things like what I mentioned before "he is being irresponsible, disregarding his commitments, being stupid, etc" or saying "If Im the Titans enough is enough and he is too much of a distraction and I wouldnt want him on my team" or "he needs help, he needs counseling, he needs to do soul-searching, etc".....They dont make judgement on pac-man as a person, they make judgements on his behavior that they hear about....

If you want to judge someone as a person, you have to first understand them as a person. Thats why there are very few people I judge. I mentioned I judge my brother, but I also understand him quite well. So unless you want to make the effort to understand why Pac-Man does what he does and how his life became what it is and all of that, dont try to judge him because you are just making a lot of assumptions on him. Now that I have read some things about Pac-Man and understand his life story a little better, I feel I understand him to a degree and I will later make a post here trying to help people understand him rather than rush to judgement on him.

Now...Ive made myself very clear here. There cant be any more confusion about what Im trying to say and the difference b/w what Ive said about you and what youve said about Pac-Man. The hypocrit talk is dispelled. If you come back and say the same thing again, you are officially dumber than Borat's brother meelo.

TheChampIsHere
03-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Blah Blah Blah...

You aint said nothing. You try to nit-pick but your attempts are lame, like you saying that I didnt accurately desribe the frequency of you acting like a jerk, seriously just give it a rest. Lemme paraphrase your post.

I dont have to understand Pac-Man, I dont have to know anything about him. I'll judge him if I want to and I am a better person than him and he is a worthless person who is harming our society and I will not define his as a person, but as a criminal.

I guess everyone with a criminal record should be thought of as a criminal first and a human being second. The stuff you say is inhumane, cold-hearted, and quite frankly, sickening. Youre line of thinking is probably more due to ignorance than anything else, you need some exposure to the realities of this world.

niel89
03-13-2007, 11:23 PM
its official, Pacman really bites.

TheChampIsHere
03-13-2007, 11:34 PM
*yawn*

thanks for reading, except without so much of the actual "reading". for someone who's so willing to throw around the "you didn't read anything i said!!!!1" crap, you do a remarkably poor job. moreso when you attempt to write it all off as "nit-picking". it's too bad that you can't respond to my arguments with, you know, an actual response.

regardless, at least you're consistent: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3839

you know, without so much of the consistency. and stevens hasn't even assaulted a police officer yet.

I read it and as much as you tried to phrase it differently and justify yourself, I boiled down what you were saying in my paraphrase. I cant argue your argument anymore when you say that anyone who makes stupid decisions is a worthless human being. Or that anyone who has any kind of legal problems is a detriment to society b/c it costs taxpayers money. How am I supposed to argue with notions as ridiculous as those?

As for Jeramy Stevens, I guess hes a horrible person and worthless human being as well? What I said about Pac-Man would go for Stevens. Dumb decision drinking and driving, especially while he is a free agent. But honestly, he is such a joke of a football player that it isnt even a big deal....Pac-Man is an excellent young CB and a pure playmaker which is why what happens to him and whether or not he plays is a big deal. As for Stevens, theres a reason he wasnt signed yet and thats because hes the softest TE in the league and he yaps but cant take a hit and drops easy balls at critical times.

TheChampIsHere
03-14-2007, 11:10 AM
anyone who drives drunk is a worthless human being, period. but whatever, i should probably understand his "neighborhood" or whatever before i can make the judgement that selfishly putting everyone else on the road's life in danger is necessarily bad or relatively evil. regardless, it's good to know that your criteria for caring about all of this is how good the guy is at football. jerramy stevens is apparently not worth defending because he's terrible, meanwhile pacman is worth defending to the bitter end because he's good. awesome. thanks for redefining "pathetic" for me, it's good to know that certain people out there will make every excuse for a good football player but couldn't care less when a bad one has the same accusations flung at him. flawless use of double standards.

what a joke that you would spin that around on me to act like I was saying that. You are really great at hearing what you want to hear.

I said from the start, I wont judge Stevens any more or less than I judge Pac-Man based on their problems. But this being an NFL message board, where we talk about the NFL and me being an NFL fan who is very interested in the NFL, Pac-Man is a lot more important than Stevens. As far as the NFL is concerned, it doesnt matter if Stevens never plays another down because he is a worthless player on the field. Im not gonna say he is a worthless person of course, but on the field, the guy is worthless in my book, so him getting a DUI doesnt really make much difference on the NFL. Adam Jones on the other hand, well he obviously is a big-time player and it would make a big difference if he gets traded or suspended. Please dont try this BS anymore where you put words in my mouth.

And as far as your quote "anyone who drives drunk is a worthless human being, period" do you have any idea how many million people you are throwing into the boat of worthless human being when you say that? Once again, when you say things like that it, it is flat out sickening.

TheChampIsHere
03-14-2007, 04:52 PM
what do YOU call someone who willing attempts to murder every person they pass in another car because they're too lazy, pathetic, or stupid to call a cab or walk? what do you call the moron who hits someone and paralyzes them because they couldn't handle leaving their car at the bar or using one of the taxi services that dirves you home in your own car?

but yeah, GREAT people. sorry i couldn't care less about getting to know someone who's willing to put everyone around them in mortal danger. i must be a pretty terrible person.

but great backpedal on stevens. i'm glad you so passionately care about people calling jones a worthless human being but don't care when they do similar to stevens. it's good to see you have so little faith in your convictions.

seriously, what on earth are you talking about? I seriously do not have a clue what you are talking about.

Who is this person that attempts murder on every person they pass? For gods sake, what in the **** are you talking about. Arguing with you is a frickin joke, all you do is make references that have nothing to do with the subject and put words in my mouth.

Are we back to you comparing Jones to Hitler and serial killers????

And I dont know what you are talking about on the Stevens case. Like I said, you have a great talent for reading what you want to read because what you are claiming I said, I never said anything of the sort. I glanced through the Stevens thread and all it was was a bunch of guys making jokes about how he drops balls and how he sucks. Ive got no problem with that, because I 100% agree that as a football player, Stevens is a laughing stock. I didnt see anyone call him a worthless human being on there. But quite frankly, I dont have time in my life to get in a 10 page argument every time a player gets into trouble off the field and some asshole decides to start blabbering about how horrible a person he is.

But please say something that actually makes sense in your next post, not something that sounds good but in reality has nothing to do with our discussion.

TheChampIsHere
03-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah, great argument you made. I cant read. Great argument.

You said someone who willingly attempts murder on anyone they pass, those are you words. How can you possibly equate that with driving drunk??? Yes, it is incredibly stupid to drive drunk but no one who drives drunk is attempting murder, they do it because they have a false sense of confidence in their ability to handle their alcohol and drive drunk without incident. So no, that comparison makes absolutely 0 sense.

As far as Stevens, I truly didnt notice Ricky Bobby calling him the scum of scum, which is the only one of those comments I have issue with. Punk ass player? Couldnt agree more after all the trash his nobody self talked to Joey Porter before the superbowl only to drop pass after pass. Hope he gets suspended? Dont have a problem with that either. I wouldnt have a problem with someone saying they hope Pac-Man gets suspended either, even if I dont share the sentiment it is plenty reasonable to believe that if the NFL discplines these players more, they will stay out of trouble. Dumbass? Yeah, I agree it is extremely stupid to drink and drive, especially when youre a FA! Really, I cant believe you are trying to discredit me b/c I dont get involved in EVERY thread about players get into trouble. Id have to quit my job, drop out of school and just sit on my computer all day. Ive made a habit of defending players who were getting unfairly judged all along at message boards, but damn I cant get involved in every conversation. i didnt backpedal in any which way, I have no clue what youre talking about.

And do you seriously expect me to go through these forums and find a bunch of times where you were disrespectful and demeaning to people? Do you really think I have time for that? DO you really think I care that much about winning the argument? You frequently are condescending to people when you talk to them on this board and I might not remember the exact posts off the top of my head cuz I dont remember crap like that, but its obvious that you do, I know it, other people on this board know it, heck even you know it except you think its ok, because according to you those people are just idiots and youre smarter and better than them so its ok for you to talk down to them.

dre1614
03-15-2007, 03:43 PM
I have to agree with TheChampIsHere.

Driving drunk is incredibly stupid, and dangerous, but IMO it doesn't mean the person is a worthless POS. Sometimes your friend ditches you, and you don't have the capacity when drunk to make rational decisions. Was he stupid for driving that night? Definately. Is he a worthless POS? Nope

JMHO

eacantdraft
03-15-2007, 09:25 PM
i'm still waiting. put up or shut up, sweetheart.

Thanks, your use of the word "sweetheart" proves you really are light on your feet and in your wrists.

eacantdraft
03-15-2007, 09:29 PM
But please say something that actually makes sense in your next post, not something that sounds good but in reality has nothing to do with our discussion..

Thats a common njx9 tactic.

frogstomp
03-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks, your use of the word "sweetheart" proves you really are light on your feet and in your wrists.

Wow, you bring up homosexuality more than anyone in the history of this board. Now, I'm not going to say anything about it, but I will imply something. You seem to be overcompensating for something... hmm...

Anyways, if you didn't get that he was being condescending with that "sweetheart", and not ***, then... well, you're just as stupid as I thought.

TheChampIsHere
03-16-2007, 02:53 AM
Thats a common njx9 tactic.

yeah Ive noticed...

And frogstomp Id have to completely agree, he was not being ***, he was being condescending, not like thats something to be proud of though.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-16-2007, 08:30 AM
I gotta ask you a couple questions before I make this point for the hundred billionth time.

1. Are you stupid? Do you have a...uh...mental retardation that stops you from understanding and comprehending what people say???

Lol, I have to ask you are you stupid, lol that's a funny one.

TheChampIsHere
03-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Of course when NJX9 has nothing left to say he just shuts up and stops talking after insutling, misquoted and twisting the words of me and everyone else who argued with him for 8 pages. But of course he doesnt have the class to come back and admit hes wrong.

TheChampIsHere
03-21-2007, 03:00 AM
*yawn*

i quit replying because there's no sense debating this with a half-wit.

thats hilarious. You are pathetic.

Slasher28
03-21-2007, 07:51 AM
The Cincinnati Bengals will pick him up, jk, He'll probably be suspended, and might have a chance to get back to the NFL if he stops being ********.

OzTitan
03-21-2007, 08:01 AM
The Cincinnati Bengals will pick him up, jk, He'll probably be suspended, and might have a chance to get back to the NFL if he stops being ********.

Holy crap. I can't believe no one thought of that joke up until you just now.

;)

I kid of course. That joke is so spent, people using sarcasm to point out that it is so spent like I did just now can be paid out for posting something unoriginal themselves :)

eacantdraft
03-21-2007, 08:28 AM
*yawn*

i quit replying because there's no sense debating this with a half-wit.

Especially since njx9 is a quarter-wit.

Don Vito
03-21-2007, 01:52 PM
That comeback was probably the worst I have ever heard. You must be 9 years old.

Shiver
03-21-2007, 02:02 PM
That comeback was probably the worst I have ever heard. You must be 9 years old.

I agree. No one of any maturity, age, or intellect actually talks like that. At least, I hope he's a child, otherwise that will be sad.

Pit Bull #53
03-21-2007, 02:05 PM
You guys have put way too much energy and time into a thread whose main focus is a 5'9" guy named Pacman that actually bites people.