PDA

View Full Version : 2008-2009 Offensive Rookie of the Year

BamaFalcon59
09-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Who will it be? Of course I am going to say Matt Ryan, QB Atlanta Falcons. QB is the most important position and if he helps this team to a .500 or better season it should be him, easily in my opinion.

defensiveback23
09-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Mike Tolbert!

Seriously though, I've seen first hand how good Eddie Royal is and with Jay Cutler throwing to him for a whole year he may put up some ###'s.

Turtlepower
09-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Jonathan Stewart will end the season with 20+ TDs. He is that sick.

umphrey
09-25-2008, 06:33 PM
I gotta go with Matt Ryan. I didn't think he'd be much but I gotta give him respect if he goes far with the (expected to be) crappy Falcons

regoob2
09-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Matt Forte, he does it all and he is our entire offense.

MetSox17
09-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Matt Ryan? I don't think so.

If Chris Johnson keeps up what he's doing, it'll be him in a landslide. Who cares if the Falcons win games if Ryan puts up mediocre stats. Johnson has been the only offense the Titans can pull off, and if they go into the playoffs with a very nice record (anything above 10-6) he'll be the first guy they look at.

skinzzfan25
09-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Matty Ice.

Besides, QBs are always favored in this anyway.

BeerBaron
09-25-2008, 06:49 PM
QBs don't win it unless they pull a VY or Big Ben and get their team to the playoffs.

The Falcons have gotten to pummel the Lions and the Chiefs so far. The one competent defense they faced (Bucs) held them to 9 points and they have several more teams coming up with at least decent defenses. (Panthers, Packers, Bears, Eagles in order)

If Ryan comes through that looking decent and keeping the Falcons around .500, then maybe. But even Peyton went 3-13 as a rookie......

Its gotta be a RB. I'm going Felix Jones thus far. He's been dynamic and scored some big TD's for a Dallas team that might be the best in football right now. He keeps that up and its him in my book.

Matty Ice.

Besides, QBs are always favored in this anyway.

Wrong. It's only been a QB twice since 1990. (VY and Ben)

Its been a RB 13 times for comparison. (WR the other 3 times)

LonghornsLegend
09-25-2008, 06:59 PM
I still think CJ is going to win as I haven't been swayed, he looks like he's taking over that RB spot already, Jonathan Stewart in a close second.

Burns336
09-25-2008, 07:07 PM
I picked Matt Forte. He's a bigger threat in the passing game than I ever imagined and hes pretty much carrying the bears offense on his shoulders. The Bears o-line wasn't supposed to be anything special and he's making them look alright so far.

All the running backs except for Mendenhall look pretty good so far.

I can't complain about felix. It seems like he rips off a big one every time he gets the ball. His 8.8 avg. backs that up.

Chris Johnson looks explosive and isn't having any of the problems I thought he might have. I wasn't sure about his durability or even his skill for that matter. He came out of a smaller school, but looks like a great pick.

Stewart has been powerful, explosive, and already looks to be pushing Deangelo to the back burner.

McFadden is eh. He's on a ****** team, but he had a great week 2. Im just surprised Bernard Pollard caught him? I thought DMAC was uncatchable? I think he is going to have some inconsistent weeks. Sort of similar to AD last year.

Matt Ryan is ok. He's had his best games against 2 of the worst teams in the league (same with turner the burner) lets see what they do when it isn't against KC or Detroit.

Eddie Royal looks like a great find. I watching him burn Deangelo all night and have a decent game (came up big in the end) against SD. He should benefit for years playing opposite of Marshall.

BlindSite
09-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Johnathen Stewart is on pace 16 TDs, thats pretty good for a rookie. He'll need more Yards though.

That said Royal or Jackson will be in with a big chance, as will chris johnson.

The Dynasty
09-25-2008, 07:14 PM
I think its gonna come down to Forte and Chris Johnson but Stewart could also win so i think its one of those three. I voted Forte though.

BlindSite
09-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Stewart could easily put up some massive numbers in a couple of games though, against KC, Atlanta x2, Detroit, Arizona, New Orleans some weak run defenses on the schedule.

BamaFalcon59
09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Matt Ryan? I don't think so.

If Chris Johnson keeps up what he's doing, it'll be him in a landslide. Who cares if the Falcons win games if Ryan puts up mediocre stats. Johnson has been the only offense the Titans can pull off, and if they go into the playoffs with a very nice record (anything above 10-6) he'll be the first guy they look at.

Yeah, two out of three games with over a 100 passer rating is mediocre.

M.O.T.H.
09-25-2008, 07:31 PM
I didnt vote for Felix but, I would love for him to win it. Seems like it would be awfully difficult, though...w/ D-Mac, Johnson, and Forte actually starting or getting starter carries. Desean Jackson has been really impressive as well...of course, Felix could win it if he keeps on his current TD tear.

BamaFalcon59
09-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Actually, that was probably the wrong thing to say, someone will point out who we have played.

If anyone has watched Matt Ryan they know he has played, for the most part, great. He has made plays all over the field, and just looks composed at all times.

CC.SD
09-25-2008, 07:38 PM
If Matty gets to 8-8 he's got to be the guy, it's not really a question to me. Even though the Falcons will probably have Michael Turner to thank.

Otherwise I'd have to say Stewart.

yo123
09-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah, two out of three games with over a 100 passer rating is mediocre.

Wait until he plays a legit NFL team. Oh wait, he did and was 13-33 with 0 TD and 2 INT's.

Games against KC and Detroit don't count.

M.O.T.H.
09-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Wait until he plays a legit NFL team. Oh wait, he did and was 13-33 with 0 TD and 2 INT's.

In all fairness to Ryan, those numbers should be expected in that game. Rookies/young QBs typically struggle against cover two defenses and then add Monte Kiffin to the equation and it didnt bode well for Ryan. Ryan has played very well up to this point but, of course it is a long season. So far so good, though. You couldnt ask for much more thus far. They're bringing him along slowly and he's performing well.

nobodyinparticular
09-25-2008, 08:35 PM
As a Raider fan, I don't believe McFadden can be voted for until we see this turf toe play out. It could hinder him and limit his carries all year or he could be done with it in a week and put up monster numbers on the season. (or he could get over it and be inconsistent, barely making 1,000 yards) For McFadden at least, we need a couple more weeks to tell either way as to what kind of season he'll have.

princefielder28
09-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Matt Forte is the heart and soul of the Bears' offense and his stats will end up being too good to not get the nod; Chris Johnson is close

BamaFalcon59
09-25-2008, 08:37 PM

I guess you are illiterate, completely whiffing on the post I made just after that.

Sniper
09-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Matt Forte is the heart and soul of the Bears' offense and his stats will end up being too good to not get the nod; Chris Johnson is close

Not after he gets 23 yards on 14 carries against Philly :)

DeSean Jackson kthxbai

yo123
09-25-2008, 08:41 PM
I guess you are illiterate, completely whiffing on the post I made just after that.

Yeah, you said that someone will point out the teams he has played, which is a completely valid point. Then you continued to talk about how great he has played.

I think he is going to be a good player, but he hasn't proven **** yet, and isn't a ROY candidate right now.

MetSox17
09-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Actually, that was probably the wrong thing to say, someone will point out who we have played.

If anyone has watched Matt Ryan they know he has played, for the most part, great. He has made plays all over the field, and just looks composed at all times.

You beat me to it. Just got to read it. But yeah, that would have been the first way i would have attacked your argument.

It's easy to look composed when your team has a huge lead and you're going up against a crummy defense. He does have sweet touch on his pass, and has proven me wrong in some aspects of his game, but i'd wait to see more of him, especially when his team is in a dog fight. Besides, when he put up his high qb ratings, he threw the ball 13 and 18 times. Not very impressive, honestly.

princefielder28
09-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Not after he gets 23 yards on 14 carries against Philly :)

DeSean Jackson kthxbai

you mean 75 yards and a score?

Sniper
09-25-2008, 08:45 PM
you mean 75 yards and a score?

75 yards? Is he going to get 46 carries?

princefielder28
09-25-2008, 08:46 PM
75 yards? Is he going to get 46 carries?

if that's what it takes to get my fantasy team a win :)

M.O.T.H.
09-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Felix would have tore the Eagle defense up. :) That would have been a good game to get him involved in the offense.

Sniper
if that's what it takes to get my fantasy team a win :)

I'd bench him this week. Brodrick Bunkley will rip out the hearts of the Bears' interior OL.

Sniper
Felix would have tore the Eagle defense up. :) That would have been a good game to get him involved.

And we know this...how?

M.O.T.H.
09-25-2008, 08:50 PM
And we know this...how?

Because Felix is unstoppable.

princefielder28
09-25-2008, 08:53 PM
I'd bench him this week. Brodrick Bunkley will rip out the hearts of the Bears' interior OL.

He's never coming out of my starting lineup

BamaFalcon59
09-25-2008, 09:10 PM
You beat me to it. Just got to read it. But yeah, that would have been the first way i would have attacked your argument.

It's easy to look composed when your team has a huge lead and you're going up against a crummy defense. He does have sweet touch on his pass, and has proven me wrong in some aspects of his game, but i'd wait to see more of him, especially when his team is in a dog fight. Besides, when he put up his high qb ratings, he threw the ball 13 and 18 times. Not very impressive, honestly.

Sorry, but you are wrong. His play has been impressive. Had Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Matt Ryan, or any young QB failed on those 13 or 18 times they would have been bailed out with the 'he is young' excuse. Matt Ryan should get his props for doing what a top QB would with those numbers of attempts. From the first time he stepped on the field Ryan has looked like a NFL QB, from how he plays to how he acts. I can't say the same for many other young QBs.

nobodyinparticular
09-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Sorry, but you are wrong. His play has been impressive. Had Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Matt Ryan, or any young QB failed on those 13 or 18 times they would have been bailed out with the 'he is young' excuse. Matt Ryan should get his props for doing what a top QB would with those numbers of attempts. From the first time he stepped on the field Ryan has looked like a NFL QB, from how he plays to how he acts. I can't say the same for many other young QBs.

The point as OROY isn't to look good for a rookie, but it's to be the best offensive rookie out there. There are RBs who can come into the league and be not only good for a rookie, but be one of the better RBs in the league. While Ryan has been solid as a rookie QB, you can't say that about him with a straight face, that's for sure.

MetSox17
09-25-2008, 09:22 PM

Um, how am i wrong? None of my argument was presented as factual, so how exactly can i be wrong?

I said he has looked good, but i wouldn't look too much into the fact that he looked composed against the Lions and Chiefs. Against a playoff team he put up awful numbers (didn't see the game). Let me reiterate; I wanna see how he looks when he's in a dogfight, not up by 20 points against the Lions.

BamaFalcon59
09-25-2008, 09:26 PM
The point as OROY isn't to look good for a rookie, but it's to be the best offensive rookie out there. There are RBs who can come into the league and be not only good for a rookie, but be one of the better RBs in the league. While Ryan has been solid as a rookie QB, you can't say that about him with a straight face, that's for sure.

I'm not going to take a backup RB over a QB who helped his team make a turnaround. So that eliminates Felix Jones.

I don't see Eddie getting the numbers to be the rookie of the year, receptions wise.

Ditto with DeSean Jackson, although he could make an affect on special teams.

The main competition I see for Ryan is Forte, Stewart, and Johnson. McFadden is good, but he will split carries and at the moment has some injury concerns.

If one of those three does turn out to be a top tier RB, then fine. But I don't see it happening. And if they are top 15 RBs and Ryan is a top 15 QB, I think Ryan wins out.

If I'm unbiased, I would say one of Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, and Matt Ryan will win it. If you put up 2,800 yards passing, 20 TD and a 80 passer rating as a rookie, along with turning a team in turmoil around as a rookie, then you deserve to be a canidate and probably a winner. Those are about the stats I predict this year. But it's early.

As far as the backs are concerned, I don't see Stewart getting the yards to match the other two. Johnson will probably lack touchdowns, but he may make up for it in the receiving game. I'd say Forte, followed closely by Johnson, will be the top two rookie backs this year.

Sniper
09-25-2008, 09:26 PM

Why not? He's going to be a #3 at worst, and until Curtis comes back, he'll be a #2.

And it's an effect.

M.O.T.H.
09-25-2008, 09:28 PM
I wouldnt be so quick to write off Felix, either. Granted he isnt impacting the game as much as Ryan would but, if he continues to rack up the Tds, he def. has a chance at the award. Scoring will go a long way in the voting.

It's a wide open race.

Sniper
09-25-2008, 09:29 PM
I wouldnt be so quick to write off Felix. Granted he isnt impacting the game as much as Ryan would but, if he continues to rack up the Tds, he def. has a chance. Scoring will go a long way in the voting.

And because he plays for the Cowboys...

MetSox17
09-25-2008, 09:29 PM
If I'm unbiased, I would say one of Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, and Matt Ryan will win it. If you put up 2,800 yards passing, 20 TD and a 80 passer rating as a rookie, along with turning a team in turmoil around as a rookie, then you deserve to be a canidate and probably a winner. Those are about the stats I predict this year. But it's early.

You honestly feel Matt Ryan will put up 20 touchdowns? When was the last time a rookie came in and did that (seriously, i don't know)?

It'll be hard for him, seeing as he has already seen two of the most cupcake defenses he'll see all year, and he only has two td's through three games.

BamaFalcon59
09-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Um, how am i wrong? None of my argument was presented as factual, so how exactly can i be wrong?

I said he has looked good, but i wouldn't look too much into the fact that he looked composed against the Lions and Chiefs. Against a playoff team he put up awful numbers (didn't see the game). Let me reiterate; I wanna see how he looks when he's in a dogfight, not up by 20 points against the Lions.

He played horrible in the first half of the Bucs game. He started 0-8 with two interceptions. In the second half he remained composed and almost led a comeback, Earnest Graham stopped that with a long touchdown run. Ryan was 13-25 158 yards 0 TD 0 picks after the bad start. Still not great numbers, but he looked a lot better.

Anyways, I'm done arguing. Ryan has looked like a NFL QB from day one, something rookie QBs rarely do. If he turns this team into a .500 or better ballclub then he will be a rookie of the year type player.

M.O.T.H.
09-25-2008, 09:32 PM
And because he plays for the Cowboys...

That always helps in voting as well. Myself, I dont think he'll win it, there are just too many backs getting big carries and Desean has looked great but, Felix does deserve a mention and may just surprise everyone. Fantastic year for the offensive rookies.

BamaFalcon59
09-25-2008, 09:32 PM
You honestly feel Matt Ryan will put up 20 touchdowns? When was the last time a rookie came in and did that (seriously, i don't know)?

It'll be hard for him, seeing as he has already seen two of the most cupcake defenses he'll see all year, and he only has two td's through three games.

I was probably a bit high on the TDs. More like 16-18. But when the running game is going so well there is no need to pass, same when you are up by 20. Matt Ryan threw like five times in the second half of last weeks game, we aren't trying to put up big numbers. Eventually we will probably be throwing about 25 times a game on average.

bearsfan_51
09-25-2008, 09:35 PM
If you wanted to make a thread about why you think Matt Ryan should win, why not just do that? It's clear you don't give a **** about any other opinion.

MetSox17
09-25-2008, 09:36 PM
I was probably a bit high on the TDs. More like 16-18. But when the running game is going so well there is no need to pass, same when you are up by 20. Matt Ryan threw like five times in the second half of last weeks game, we aren't trying to put up big numbers. Eventually we will probably be throwing about 25 times a game on average.

Which is exactly why i feel he won't win. Lets say he puts up 15 td's and 9 int's, with around 2200 yards. That's not exactly gonna blow away voters. Having Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood isn't exactly gonna help him have bigger numbers, so that's how i see it. He does look good, and eventually he'll be a pro-bowler, but i don't think he's gonna have the numbers to out-score Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden and DeSean Jackson in the ballots.

BamaFalcon59
09-25-2008, 09:40 PM
If you wanted to make a thread about why you think Matt Ryan should win, why not just do that? It's clear you don't give a **** about any other opinion.

Read the thread, because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Someone said why they think he won't win, I said why I think he will. It's called conversation. I then stated why I disagree with others winning, and agree that players like Forte and Johnson have just as good a shot.

BamaFalcon59
09-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Which is exactly why i feel he won't win. Lets say he puts up 15 td's and 9 int's, with around 2200 yards. That's not exactly gonna blow away voters. Having Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood isn't exactly gonna help him have bigger numbers, so that's how i see it. He does look good, and eventually he'll be a pro-bowler, but i don't think he's gonna have the numbers to out-score Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden and DeSean Jackson in the ballots.

The media loves winners, and if he makes a 4-12 team go 7-9 to 9-7 then I think he will win.

And he won't put up just 2,200 yards (137.5 per game), I'd say between 2,500 (156 per game) and 2,700 (168 per game).

MetSox17
09-25-2008, 09:49 PM
The media loves winners, and if he makes a 4-12 team go 7-9 to 9-7 then I think he will win.

And he won't put up just 2,200 yards (137.5 per game), I'd say between 2,500 (156 per game) and 2,700 (168 per game).

Thing is, i don't think they'll win 7 games. They've won two already, and looking ahead at the schedule (all things constant), i only see three more teams they have a legitimate shot at beating, and that's the Bears, Rams and Raiders.

BamaFalcon59
09-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Thing is, i don't think they'll win 7 games. They've won two already, and looking ahead at the schedule (all things constant), i only see three more teams they have a legitimate shot at beating, and that's the Bears, Rams and Raiders.

A legitimate shot at beating? Umm, okay. We're not world beaters, but a great running game, solid QB play and a solid defense will give us a shot in most games.

I don't expect playoffs, but we will have at least a shot at beating most teams we play this season.

princefielder28
09-25-2008, 09:56 PM
This thread is a great display of homerism...love it!

Vox Populi
09-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Right now I'd go with Felix Jones. He's scoring touchdowns and making plays for the Cowboys and looks like he will get more touches as the season goes on. Not only do they need to preserve MBIII, but I think Jones has already proven that he deserves a few more touches a game with his big play ability.

BeerBaron
09-26-2008, 12:19 AM
QBs don't win it unless they pull a VY or Big Ben and get their team to the playoffs.

The Falcons have gotten to pummel the Lions and the Chiefs so far. The one competent defense they faced (Bucs) held them to 9 points and they have several more teams coming up with at least decent defenses. (Panthers, Packers, Bears, Eagles in order)

If Ryan comes through that looking decent and keeping the Falcons around .500, then maybe. But even Peyton went 3-13 as a rookie......

Its gotta be a RB. I'm going Felix Jones thus far. He's been dynamic and scored some big TD's for a Dallas team that might be the best in football right now. He keeps that up and its him in my book.

Wrong. It's only been a QB twice since 1990. (VY and Ben)

Its been a RB 13 times for comparison. (WR the other 3 times)

since the time I posted that today, I don't think theres been another vote for Matt Ryan...

nobodyinparticular
09-26-2008, 02:44 AM
I'm not going to take a backup RB over a QB who helped his team make a turnaround. So that eliminates Felix Jones.

I don't see Eddie getting the numbers to be the rookie of the year, receptions wise.

The main competition I see for Ryan is Forte, Stewart, and Johnson. McFadden is good, but he will split carries and at the moment has some injury concerns.

If one of those three does turn out to be a top tier RB, then fine. But I don't see it happening. And if they are top 15 RBs and Ryan is a top 15 QB, I think Ryan wins out.

As far as the backs are concerned, I don't see Stewart getting the yards to match the other two. Johnson will probably lack touchdowns, but he may make up for it in the receiving game. I'd say Forte, followed closely by Johnson, will be the top two rookie backs this year.

There you go again using the qualifier "as a rookie". But some of these guys are going to be good, not just "as a rookie", but as a player in the NFL--in comparison to veteran players. For this reason, rookie QBs very rarely win OROY, normally it's a WR or a RB. Like it or not, that's the way that things are.

bearfan
09-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Im going to go homer, and go with Forte. He is about the only reason the Bears are in games, and through 3 games he has 400+ total yards. If he keeps it up, he will have a very very good rookie year, and would get a lot of consideration.

Close second is Chris Johnson, he is pretty much doing everything statistically that Forte is doing. But he has White sharing carries, which is why he comes 2nd.

eaglesalltheway
09-26-2008, 07:02 AM
I think its gonna come down to Forte and Chris Johnson but Stewart could also win so i think its one of those three. I voted Forte though.

Those are my top three right now, but I voted for Chris Johnson, he has helped that offense in soo many ways, Forte is my second choice, and Jstew is right there as well. In all honesty, it could be either, and it wouldn't be wrong in my book.

d34ng3l021
09-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Chris Johnson or Matt Forte. Those guys are leading their offenses as of now.

Falcons would have to go into the playoffs with and Ryan would need a QB rating of 80 or above for him to win it. I doubt we could make it to playoffs (though we did hang in there with the Bucs. It was a 17-9 game in the 4th quarter).

Bearsfan123
09-26-2008, 03:30 PM
i gotta go Forte, as a Bears fan ive gotten a chance to watch him game in and out. He blocks, catches (beyond one dropped TD), runs hard and well. He gets decent yardage rushing and receiving and has a couple of TDs. This week will be a huge indicator for him (vs Philly for future reference). And if he comes out with solid numbers im not sure if anyone will beat him for the honor.

regoob2
09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
It wasnt Forte's fault on the dropped TD it was a horrible pass.

Bearsfan123
09-26-2008, 03:42 PM
It wasnt Forte's fault on the dropped TD it was a horrible pass.

I just re-watched the game. It was underthrown a bit, but Forte jumped caught it in one arm and then he let it get stripped. Which is fine, he is a rookie rb, that was close to making a good play on a decent pass. But the defender made a better play, and Forte didn't protect the ball.

BlindSite
09-26-2008, 04:13 PM
There you go again using the qualifier "as a rookie". But some of these guys are going to be good, not just "as a rookie", but as a player in the NFL--in comparison to veteran players. For this reason, rookie QBs very rarely win OROY, normally it's a WR or a RB. Like it or not, that's the way that things are.

Bama also needs to realise so far Ryan has done well against Kansas City and Detroit, he wasn't that stellar against Tampa.

BamaFalcon59
09-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Bama also needs to realise so far Ryan has done well against Kansas City and Detroit, he wasn't that stellar against Tampa.

We've covered that.

bearsfan_51
09-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Read the thread, because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Someone said why they think he won't win, I said why I think he will. It's called conversation. I then stated why I disagree with others winning, and agree that players like Forte and Johnson have just as good a shot.
You put Ryan at the top of the poll, you started the thread why you think Ryan will win, and you've consistently argued with everyone who thinks otherwise. It's a homer poll and a homer thread disguised as an attempt at open discussion.

d34ng3l021
09-26-2008, 04:24 PM
You put Ryan at the top of the poll, you started the thread why you think Ryan will win, and you've consistently argued with everyone who thinks otherwise. It's a homer poll and a homer thread disguised as an attempt at open discussion.

Bama is pretty sneaky.

BlindSite
09-26-2008, 04:35 PM
We've covered that.

Not nearly satisfactorily.

ShutDwn
09-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Any one of the Panthers' rookies should win, they are all better than any other team's, three weeks in.

Go_Eagles77
09-26-2008, 04:45 PM
I voted DeSean Jackson but it will be tough for him, I think Jonathan Stewart has the best chance.

CC.SD
09-26-2008, 04:52 PM

I think Ryan's at the top of the poll because he's gotta be the favorite if this keeps up, although there is definitely a whiff of homerism about. Yes, he's the favorite over Forte right now by virtue of position; making it stick is the hard part. I haven't cast a vote yet, and I'm bewildered that anyone thinks this race has even started, let alone finished.

I mean...

Cason for DROY!!!!!!!!!!

BamaFalcon59
09-26-2008, 05:08 PM
You put Ryan at the top of the poll,

Hey genius, check this out.

Matt Ryan- 3rd overall
Darren McFadden- 4th overall
Jonathan Stewart- 13th overall

Not sure if you see the trend.

you started the thread why you think Ryan will win,

Hey genius, I'm a Falcons fan.

and you've consistently argued with everyone who thinks otherwise.

I have already said CJ and Forte have as good shots as Ryan, and I have an opinion.

It's a homer poll and a homer thread disguised as an attempt at open discussion.

Right. Next...

bearsfan_51
09-26-2008, 05:20 PM
What trend would that be exactly? I'd love for you to explain that one. Except for the fact that you've already admitted that it's a homer move, so you are basically arguing over nothing.

d34ng3l021
09-26-2008, 05:24 PM
What trend would that be exactly? I'd love for you to explain that one. Except for the fact that you've already admitted that it's a homer move, so you are basically arguing over nothing.

Its based on when they were drafted I believe.

bearsfan_51
09-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Ah....well that makes a little more sense. There's still quite a bit of selectivity there though.

LonghornsLegend
09-26-2008, 06:22 PM
It's some good crow that I've been eating for Felix, and I eat a big plate of it with a smile on my face every time he makes a play, honestly I'm starting to think maybe he was the best "fit" for us, although I was screaming for CJ like alot of other Cowboy fans were, Felix makes the most of his opportunities, whether it be kick return or a few snaps at RB, I really thought he had great agility but straight line speed he lacked, well yea, so much for that...Cowboys coaches have even said that he has exceeded expectations thus far, and the best thing about it all is that he is a great character guy that knows he is in a time share and makes the most of it, maybe CJ would of been more dynamic but Felix proved me wrong, makes me wonder if we had taken Jenkins first would Tennessee of snatched him up next.

Don't forget Charles has looked great in KC too, and I know D-Unit and some other guys wouldn't of minded Charles in the 2nd, had you asked me before the draft I would of taken that over Felix at 22, maybe I was just sick of it being in every single mock draft all off season ugh...He won't be ROY unless he keeps up his crazy YPC and scoring TD's each week, just doesn't get as much carries as other guys, but I'm with MOTH he can be the future RB of the Dallas Cowboys at some point, he's not just limited to a reserve back.

derza222
09-26-2008, 06:50 PM
I really like Stewart's chances. He looks solid and should get more carries over the course of the season.

Just to be different and mention somebody a guy people are sleeping on that I don't think has been mentioned yet and isn't in the poll is Steve Slaton. He's going to get carries and didn't look bad against a good Tennessee defense. The scheme is good there and if the line comes along he could put up some nice numbers.