PDA

View Full Version : Jevan Snead

iBoldin
09-27-2008, 04:11 PM
I've been on this kids bandwagon since before to the season started, and he's proving me right. Two touchdowns, looked very good, ran for another, threw for 185. Didn't complete a whole lot of his passes, but he was very good. Where do you guys see him? I believe he's only a sophomore, but he deserves the hype.

LonghornsLegend
09-27-2008, 05:38 PM
I have been hyping him up since he arrived at Texas, I rooted for him to take the job over Colt and he was more impressive on the field at the time if you asked me...He was more athletic, faster, looked like he had a stronger arm but I don't think he was as developed as Colt was as a passer, he was a true freshman and I think we wanted to go with the more polished QB.

He's as talented as they come and I have been singing his praises since he stepped on campus, I'm as happy as anyone for his success, they would really be making some noise had they beat Vandy the way they were supposed to.

Brent
09-27-2008, 05:54 PM
he was more impressive on the field at the time if you asked me...He was more athletic, faster, looked like he had a stronger arm but I don't think he was as developed as Colt was as a passer, he was a true freshman and I think we wanted to go with the more polished QB.
That was the problem. Had VY come back for another year, I bet that would have been enough time for Jevan to catch up with Colt and then pass him on the depth chart because I agree that, talent-wise, he was better than Colt when he was at UT, just wasn't caught up mentally.

Race for the Heisman
09-27-2008, 06:37 PM
I might not be leading it, but I'm damn sure I'm on the bandwagon. What's his eligibility like? Obviously he transferred but did he redshirt too? Pardon my laziness.

aheineken
09-27-2008, 06:59 PM
I might not be leading it, but I'm damn sure I'm on the bandwagon. What's his eligibility like? Obviously he transferred but did he redshirt too? Pardon my laziness.

I believe he redshirted his freshman year at Texas, then transferred to Ole Miss after the season giving up his r-Freshman year. So, I'm about 99% positive that he is a r-Soph.

LonghornsLegend
09-27-2008, 07:04 PM
No actually he played his freshman year in at least half of our games, and played well in most of those games because Colt couldn't stay on the field...Like Brent said I think the fact that VY leaving when he did and having Snead so raw was the reason they went with Colt who had reshirted and knew the offense better and was a better pure passer...Physically he won me over instantly and I felt he was a better fit for our offense.

But you can't lose sight of how highly touted Snead was in HS, he originally committed to Florida to run their spread but Tebow committed and he changed to Texas, I honestly felt like had he stayed here he would of taken the job at some point, but the guy wanted to play and I don't blame him, he's a gamer and deserves to be 'the guy' someplace else.

But to answer the question he practiced with Ole Miss in 07 but due to the transfer rule he couldn't play, so he is a Red Shirt sophmore now.

EDIT: It just dawned on me that he beat Tebow today and that was the guy that took his job at Florida so to speak, now that I think about it I think that had alot to do with why he chose an SEC school...Just thought that was a pretty cool fact.

Race for the Heisman
09-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks for that. For those who have followed him more closely, is coming out next year more than just an option for him? Is the NFL a goal of his?

Brent
09-27-2008, 09:46 PM
But you can't lose sight of how highly touted Snead was in HS, he originally committed to Florida to run their spread but Tebow committed and he changed to Texas, I honestly felt like had he stayed here he would of taken the job at some point, but the guy wanted to play and I don't blame him, he's a gamer and deserves to be 'the guy' someplace else.
They ran a more pass heavy version of that Urban Meyer offense. He was so good in HS, I got to see him once. As you said, physically he was so much better than Colt. In fact, in the end, I bet Jevan goes higher than Colt.

STARHEATHER
09-28-2008, 04:27 PM
not ready yet but potential. hes mobile, good size and has a gooid throwing arm. not this year though

neko4
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Jevan Sneed=Brett Favre?

Not yet of course, but he reminds me a bit of Favre. And since we're all declaring when we hopped on the Sneed bandwagon, I did after they lost to Wake. I thought he still played pretty well.

djp
09-28-2008, 05:07 PM
I love how he stuck it to Urban Meyer yesterday.

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 06:13 PM
i would have loved for him to stay at texas i guarantee he would have taken over last year when colt was struggling. good for him though hell be a top prospect when his time comes.

Texas Homer
09-28-2008, 07:45 PM
I was a big fan of Snead when he was at Texas. I thought he was the more talented QB than Colt and wanted Snead to start. Well, I'm glad we started Colt and I'm a Colt guy now, but Snead is really talented and has a cannon for a arm and is really athletic.

Snead left Texas and went to Ole Miss. I think he will have a great couple of years at QB for Ole Miss and have a great career at QB in the NFL.

Don Vito
09-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Snead is a great talent and the best QB we've had since Eli, but he made some really bad throws against Vandy and Samford. He had a great game against Florida, although his completion percentage may not have been too good. Snead is the most important player on our team, we have been lacking a passing game over the years and he has been a big part in our turnaround but he has a ways to go until he reaches his potential.

MetSox17
09-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Take that, Brantley.

iBoldin
11-22-2008, 09:04 PM
snead shredded lsu today. on target lasers all day, big mobile strong armed best qb available?

Race for the Heisman
11-22-2008, 09:10 PM
snead shredded lsu today. on target lasers all day, big mobile strong armed best qb available?

Not yet. He needs to consistently do what he did or something closer to what he did today. As of now, I would still take Stafford, McCoy, and Bradford over him for sure. Possibly Davis and maybe Sanchez, but he's somewhere in that 4-6 range for me.

Or is that a starheather imitation?

P-L
11-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Not yet. He needs to consistently do what he did or something closer to what he did today. As of now, I would still take Stafford, McCoy, and Bradford over him for sure. Possibly Davis and maybe Sanchez, but he's somewhere in that 4-6 range for me.

Or is that a starheather imitation?
Lol, he was making fun of starheather.

regoob2
11-22-2008, 09:16 PM
He looked real impressive today. The thing I liked the most about him was his touch. He gets the ball out high and puts great air under the ball.

Loggerhead
11-22-2008, 09:22 PM
I actually saw Snead play against WF in person. Very impressive. He has a rocket arm, avoids sacks, and looked like a legit 1st round talent. I think if he came out now he would tear it up at the combine and be a 2nd-3rd rounder.

illmatic74
11-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Could be a first day pick next year.

iBoldin
11-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Nevertheless, Jevan Snead was awesome today. I came away very impressed again.

Race for the Heisman
11-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Could be a first day pick next year.

Top 1 potential.

ElectricEye
11-22-2008, 11:28 PM
I guess I picked the right day to catch an Ole' Miss game. Snead looked really good today. He has a really nice arm and he's a plus athlete as well. Doesn't seem to be as accurate as you would like yet and it's pretty obvious that he has some consistency issues...but he looks good. Defiantly looks like he could be a 1st rounder next year. A bit raw, but a good looking prospect nonetheless.

Brent
11-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Snead #1 to Lions. I mean he's just that good...
where is the incredibledraftdude on this?

Menardo75
11-22-2008, 11:42 PM
I have been really impressed with him this year also. He has been a nice suprise.

Don Vito
11-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Snead had a phenomenal game today. He showcased not only his arm but his athleticism, toughness, and leadership.

11-23-2008, 12:26 AM
I think today's game was one more great indication of his overall talent, his intangibles are what keeps me impressed every time I see him play.

bored of education
11-23-2008, 09:55 AM
He has good zip on the ball and great ball placemen, two very impotant factors for me in determing how well of a pro prospect he is. Loads of potential for the next level. Hard to guess where I would place him 2nd round 1st or 3rd I dunno yet.

Babylon
11-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Snead had a phenomenal game today. He showcased not only his arm but his athleticism, toughness, and leadership.

Has he given any indication that he would think of coming out?

illmatic74
11-23-2008, 12:01 PM
He is good but way too early to talk about first round maybe next year.

Babylon
11-23-2008, 12:09 PM
He is good but way too early to talk about first round maybe next year.

That's how i see it.

Don Vito
11-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Has he given any indication that he would think of coming out?

He hasn't said anything about it. It would be very dumb of him to come out, I hope the thought hasn't even crossed his mind. He is talented but he has a lot more to work on and a lot more to prove.

djp
11-27-2008, 02:00 AM
Wow, I just watched the tape of Ole Miss/LSU and there were some absolute darts from Snead in that game. Mobile with a big arm at a BCS school. Sounds like a prospect to me.

He should definitely stay, but he could be a first round pick if he continues to progress. His mechanics are good, but sometimes he flies open and the ball sails on him. Nothing that can't be fixed though.

Babylon
11-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Wow, I just watched the tape of Ole Miss/LSU and there were some absolute darts from Snead in that game. Mobile with a big arm at a BCS school. Sounds like a prospect to me.

He should definitely stay, but he could be a first round pick if he continues to progress. His mechanics are good, but sometimes he flies open and the ball sails on him. Nothing that can't be fixed though.

Just don't see him factoring into this years draft. I have to think that he's going to be right up there at the top of the QB list for 2010. I haven't seen a lot of him but he sort of reminds me of Brett Farve.

Texas Homer
12-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Big Arm. Needs to work on accuracy. Surprisingly mobile.He's still a pup. The off season and next season will be the key. He's a good QB prospect.