PDA

View Full Version : Jarret Dillard

illmatic74
09-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Where do you guys rank him. I believe he will be a very good NFL reciever. Over the years the draft process have gone crazy with the recievers with the best measurables. But the savvy productive route runners have been overlooked. Greg Jennings and Jericho Cotchery were overlooked by many and became productive. I think Dillard will do the same.

Race for the Heisman
09-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Where do you guys rank him. I believe he will be a very good NFL reciever. Over the years the draft process have gone crazy with the recievers with the best measurables. But the savvy productive route runners have been overlooked. Greg Jennings and Jericho Cotchery were overlooked by many and became productive. I think Dillard will do the same.

Late third-late fourth, like Keenan Burton, Harry Douglas, or Marcus Smith last year.

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Late first round if he runs sub 4.5.

Don't overthink this one. The guy is a dominant football player.

I see him mentioned as a mid round pick and it makes me lol.

BigBanger
09-28-2008, 12:53 AM
Late first round if he runs sub 4.5.

Don't overthink this one. The guy is a dominant football player.

I see him mentioned as a mid round pick and it makes me lol.
First round makes me LMFAO.

I wouldn't draft him at all. When he was on the Free Agent list as an Undrafted Free Agent, I still wouldn't touch him. He's short, small, skinny, and not very fast. I don't know what he's gonna do. Bag my groceries?

foozball
09-28-2008, 03:01 AM

I wouldn't draft him at all. When he was on the Free Agent list as an Undrafted Free Agent, I still wouldn't touch him. He's short, small, skinny, and not very fast. I don't know what he's gonna do. Bag my groceries?

short, small, skinny, not very fast...yet burns guys constantly and makes the tough catch. he's got great hands and a 43 inch vertical. he runs great routes. he has all the intangibles and i think he's faster than people think. he'll definitely run better than a 4.55

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-28-2008, 11:47 AM

He's not that small. Draft Scout lists him as 5'10.3" and 185 pounds, which makes him about the same size as Marvin Harrison, Santonio Holmes, Eddie Royal, Isaac Bruce, and DeSean Jackson. He's definitely big enough to be a starting WR in the NFL.

I think it's a bit premature to say he's slow. He has a 40+ inch vert, which tells me there's plenty of pop in his legs. My guess is that he won't run any worse than low 4.5.

The bottom line is that Dillard can play. He doesn't have the flashy measurables of some of the other players in the draft, but he's a better football player than almost every WR ranked ahead of him by draft "experts" on the internet. He gets open and he catches everything thrown to him. When the real scouts weigh in with their opinion, I expect Dillard to push for a late first round spot.

Race for the Heisman
09-28-2008, 12:50 PM
All I can say is if the right juniors come out, Dillard has no chance in hell at late first.

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Dillard is too small to be a 1st round pick. He'll likely be a 3rd round pick regardless of what he runs

Shane P. Hallam
09-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Dillard is too small to be a 1st round pick. He'll likely be a 3rd round pick regardless of what he runs

Agreed, could end up being a steal.

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Dillard is too small to be a 1st round pick.

He's almost the exact same size as Santonio Holmes and Marvin Harrison (both first round picks).

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 02:53 PM
He's almost the exact same size as Santonio Holmes and Marvin Harrison (both first round picks).

And both are infinately better than Dillard is. Dillard is no better than Harry Douglas was last year

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-28-2008, 02:58 PM
And both are infinately better than Dillard is. Dillard is no better than Harry Douglas was last year

Says who?

Dillard is a much better jump ball receiver than Douglas.

You're seriously underrating his talent. He has 45 TD catches in 30 career games at RICE of all places. He leads the NCAA in career touchdown catches and shares the NCAA record for most consecutive games in a season with a touchdown catch with Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss. He's a very good player. If he was on a team like Florida or USC then everyone would be talking about him as a potential first round pick.

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Says who?

Dillard is a much better jump ball receiver than Douglas.

You're seriously underrating his talent. He has 45 TD catches in 30 career games at RICE of all places. He leads the NCAA in career touchdown catches and shares the NCAA record for most consecutive games in a season with a touchdown catch with Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss. He's a very good player. If he was on a team like Florida or USC then everyone would be talking about him as a potential first round pick.

He's been in a crazy decline since that insane sophomore year.

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-28-2008, 03:03 PM
He's been in a crazy decline since that insane sophomore year.

No. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

He has three straight 100 yard games this season, including a 150+ yard effort against Texas. He has 10 TD catches in five games this season.

He's on pace for 94 catches, 1277 yards, and 24 TD catches.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=157274

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 03:05 PM
No. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

He has three straight 100 yard games this season, including a 150+ yard effort against Texas. He has 10 TD catches in five games this season.

He's on pace for 94 catches, 1277 yards, and 24 TD catches.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=157274

I forgot that all it takes to get into the 1st round was stats. That's why Garrett Wolfe, Kevin Smith, and Dwayne Jarrett were all 1st round picks. Oh wait, they weren't.

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Yea, but you don't have a legitimate criticism against him.

First you said he's too small to be a first round pick. You were wrong.
Then you said his production has fallen off. You were wrong.

Can you give me one legitimate reason why he shouldn't be a first round pick?

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Yea, but you don't have a legitimate criticism against him.

First you said he's too small to be a first round pick. You were wrong.
Then you said his production has fallen off. You were wrong.

Can you give me one legitimate reason why he shouldn't be a first round pick?

Too slow for a player his size. You don't draft a slot WR who runs in the mid 4.5 range in round 1

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Too slow for a player his size. You don't draft a slot WR who runs in the mid 4.5 range in round 1

That's assuming he runs in the mid 4.5 range.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him run in the 4.4 range. Either way, he's in similar size/speed territory with some of the most prolific WRs in the NFL (Holt, Bruce, Harrison). I think he'll go a lot higher in the draft than internet pundits anticipate.

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 04:06 PM
That's assuming he runs in the mid 4.5 range.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him run in the 4.4 range. Either way, he's in similar size/speed territory with some of the most prolific WRs in the NFL (Holt, Bruce, Harrison). I think he'll go a lot higher in the draft than internet pundits anticipate.

I can't post who they are here or else I'd get infracted but a certain reputable source has Dillard as a 6th round prospect and the 23rd best senior WR.

And two of the NFL's scouting services don't even list Dillard in their top 10 senior WRs.

PM me for the links

foozball
09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
i expect dillard to run a high 4.4-low 4.5...not too bad really. he's got all the intangibles that WR's need to have to be successful. this is a weak senior crop of WR's, and i think he's better than most of the guys that scott has ranked ahead of him. while stats arent everything, i think having a proven track record does stand for something. he's the only weapon on Rice, and yet teams who focus on him still cant stop him. he's elusive and agile and he'd fit great as a anthony gonzalez/wes welker type WR. i think he'll move up a bit after the combine and be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. if guys like sweed and devin thomas cant crack the first, then dillard probably wont either, especially when guys like crabtree, bey, and maclin declare

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-28-2008, 05:30 PM
I can't post who they are here or else I'd get infracted but a certain reputable source has Dillard as a 6th round prospect and the 23rd best senior WR.

And two of the NFL's scouting services don't even list Dillard in their top 10 senior WRs.

PM me for the links

It's all hogwash at this point. I'm sure those services didn't have Eddie Royal, Jerome Simpson, or Dexter Jackson in the second round either at this time last season.

Dillard is a player. Teams will notice.

brat316
09-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Desean Jackson isn't 5'10, maybe with cleats on. I think hes 5'8-5'7

brat316
09-28-2008, 05:44 PM
It's all hogwash at this point. I'm sure those services didn't have Eddie Royal, Jerome Simpson, or Dexter Jackson in the second round either at this time last season.

Dillard is a player. Teams will notice.

Royal i'll give you, he made a big leap because of the senior bowl. Still though Royal was consider a 4/5 round pick at this time. Dexter Jackson and Simpson were picked very early and look at them now Jackson is used a returner and Simpson is very raw an needs work. I think they took Simpson hoping he would turn out like Sidney Rice.

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 07:12 PM
good player who might stick somewhere but just doesnt have the the tools to be an impact player. Holmes and Harrison are similar in size but both were burners coming out of college and Harrison runs as good of routes as any player to ever play. Ive had the pleasure of watching dillard locally here in houston and i hope im wrong but i just cant say that i expect him to do well in the nfl.

Saints-Tigers
09-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Royal had terrific combine numbers too though.

foozball
09-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Desean Jackson isn't 5'10, maybe with cleats on. I think hes 5'8-5'7

except he measured out at 5'10 at the combine...