PDA

View Full Version : Linehan trying to Trade Holt?

holt_bruce81
09-27-2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/26/holt-on-the-outs-in-st-louis/#comments

Holt might escape the madness in a different way. Per our pal Howard Balzer of InsideSTL.com, the same person who tipped Balzer off to the release of cornerback Fakhir Brown also has told Balzer that coach Scott Linehan is trying to trade Holt, and could release him.

I will no longer be a Rams fan if this happens.

LonghornsLegend
09-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Release him? Yea right, no way that happens, if he wants to be traded, give Jerruh a call :D

Geo
09-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Releasing him is stupid, but so is Linehan (not a leader of men) so it can't be ruled out I suppose. I can't fathom the Rams front office agreeing to it though, they'd sooner release Linehan (wait until Monday).

It doesn't make sense to trade Holt now, he's the only legit receiving option they have other past Steven Jackson. After him they have rookie Donnie Avery and Dane Looker, give me a break. Holt is a free agent after '09, there is time.

If they could get a very good return now, maybe it could then be considered. But considering Holt hasn't done anything this year, and there hasn't been a major injury in the league, it's unlikely. Maybe if the Cleveland Browns were to majorly overreact.

The Chargers gave up their 2nd round pick for Chris Chambers last year, but Holt isn't worth a 2nd round pick right now. Not at his age, with his knee(s) and his contract situation. I'm sure he wishes he could join Martz right now in San Fran, lol.

The Unseen
09-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Linehan lolz

Vikes99ej
09-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Looks like someone may need a username change...

holt_bruce81
09-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Releasing him is stupid, but so is Linehan (not a leader of men) so it can't be ruled out I suppose. I can't fathom the Rams front office agreeing to it though, they'd sooner release Linehan (wait until Monday).

It doesn't make sense to trade Holt now, he's the only legit receiving option they have other past Steven Jackson. After him they have rookie Donnie Avery and Dane Looker, give me a break. Holt is a free agent after '09, there is time.

If they could get a very good return now, maybe it could then be considered. But considering Holt hasn't done anything this year, and there hasn't been a major injury in the league, it's unlikely. Maybe if the Cleveland Browns were to majorly overreact.

The Chargers gave up their 2nd round pick for Chris Chambers last year, but Holt isn't worth a 2nd round pick right now. Not at his age, with his knee(s) and his contract situation. I'm sure he wishes he could join Martz right now in San Fran, lol.

Man, Holt is still one of the top receivers in the league, it's just the offense he's in is garbage. He could still put up 1,300+ yards with a decent offense.

djp
09-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Send him on over.

GB12
09-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Send him on over.
So you can not get him the ball?

The Dynasty
09-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Send him on over.

Id Second that for the Vikings.

KCJ58
09-27-2008, 08:08 PM
******* Fire Linehan NOW!

djp
09-27-2008, 08:09 PM
So you can not get him the ball?

All aboard the Gus train!

Dr. Gonzo
09-27-2008, 08:10 PM
I constantly argue with my friend over who the worse coach is, Childress or Linehan. Maybe the Rams and Vikings can somehow work out a swap of Childress and Bobby Wade for Linehan and Holt! Haha, I mean at least then we can see who really is the worse coach. God I hate Childress.

Geo
09-27-2008, 08:11 PM
******* Fire Linehan NOW!
Don't fret, Monday will be here soon enough.

PoopSandwich
09-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Come to Cleveland PLEASE we need a RELIABLE receiver.

Stash
09-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Is Linehan the GM also? I didn't think the head coach had the authority to trade a player by himself without discussing it with the GM or some other front office person.

Vox Populi
09-27-2008, 08:49 PM
I can't believe Linehan is actually still the coach there. Just get him out now and leave Haslett as interim and find a new everything next year. I don't really know who their GM is, but obviously he isn't doing ****. All hes done is sign Drew Bennett to a retardedly large contract and make Donnie Avery the first wide receiver chosen in the draft.

Are they trying to go back to LA?

CC.SD
09-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Time to get on the phones for Philly and Dallas.

PalmerToCJ
09-28-2008, 12:50 AM
It's starting to sound like he wants to be fired...

bolts2388
09-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Shoot i wouldn't mind having him in SD for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

HawkeyeFan
09-28-2008, 02:52 AM
Is Linehan the GM also? I didn't think the head coach had the authority to trade a player by himself without discussing it with the GM or some other front office person.

Linehan is Zygmounts (our GM) guy, and they both are about to be axed. I wouldn't put it bast those two.

If this happens, may god send them to hell after someone puts a bullet through there heads.

I'm sure someone in St. Louis who's a Rams fan wouldn't mind doing it.

diabsoule
09-28-2008, 03:18 AM
I'd love to have him on the Saints.

DeathbyStat
09-28-2008, 08:00 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/26/holt-on-the-outs-in-st-louis/#comments

I will no longer be a Rams fan if this happens.

don't worry scott will get the ax before holt

J-Shock
09-28-2008, 10:19 AM
That would be a big FU to the rams if they want to fire him. However, he can't do much if the GM/Owner don't let him.

rockio42
09-28-2008, 10:33 AM
No No And No!

Yatta!
09-28-2008, 10:42 AM
I think Linehan will go before Holt does but has anyone considered if Holt himself wants out? He can't be happy right now and criticised the Bulger decision.

scottyboy
09-28-2008, 10:53 AM
dear Jerry Reese:

Please give Rams a 2nd rounder for him. We have 2 from the Shockey trade anyway. Holt is awesome and I love him and him and Plaxico together is pretty ******* awesome. Eli would have a field day and me, a boner

CC.SD
09-28-2008, 11:29 AM
dear Jerry Reese:

Please give Rams a 2nd rounder for him. We have 2 from the Shockey trade anyway. Holt is awesome and I love him and him and Plaxico together is pretty ******* awesome. Eli would have a field day and me, a boner

To be fair, Eli would also have a boner.

giantsfan
09-28-2008, 11:34 AM
dear Jerry Reese:

Holt was a great WR in his prime, but he's not worth a 2nd rounder to a team as deep as we are at WR.

HawkeyeFan
09-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Holt was a great WR in his prime, but he's not worth a 2nd rounder to a team as deep as we are at WR.

Holt still has a lot left, he's been open all season, our QBs don't stay up long enough to deliver the ball.

CC.SD
09-28-2008, 11:55 AM

Torre might be worth a 2nd to Dallas.

MetSox17
09-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Torre might be worth a 2nd to Dallas.

I know it's common to automatically assume that everyone who is disgruntled with their own team have Dallas as a listed possibility to land, but there's no way in hell Jerry would EVER give up a second round pick for Torry Holt. Any team would be stupid to do so any how, and i surely don't think our problems at WR are big enough to lose that high a pick. Our young guys are finally contributing after starting the season injured, so if he were to be brought in (which i wouldn't mind at all), it would be for a 4th rounder, at most.

CC.SD
09-28-2008, 12:41 PM
I know it's common to automatically assume that everyone who is disgruntled with their own team have Dallas as a listed possibility to land, but there's no way in hell Jerry would EVER give up a second round pick for Torry Holt. Any team would be stupid to do so any how, and i surely don't think our problems at WR are big enough to lose that high a pick. Our young guys are finally contributing after starting the season injured, so if he were to be brought in (which i wouldn't mind at all), it would be for a 4th rounder, at most.

OK. I would take Torre Holt over all those young guys right in a second. The price you pay is hard to complain about if it gets you to the Super Bowl, so all in all I don't think it's preposterous, Jerry SHOULD be thinking about it if he's doing his job. Not saying he would do it, but you have to consider options to improve your team constantly, especially when your #2 wideout situation is not very scary.

This applies to everyone btw, Holt potentially being up for grabs should be big news, and the fact that it's not tells me there is absolutely no way he leaves St. Louis.

scottyboy
09-28-2008, 01:34 PM

yes, because I have sooo much faith in Sinorice "I'm a midget" Moss, Mario "I'm awesome, but dumb as a post" Manningham, Tyree and Hixon. Of course it won't happen, but trading a 3rd or 2nd for Holt would just make our offense ridiculous. If we traded a 2nd, it'd be like trading Shockey for Holt...

GB12
09-28-2008, 01:41 PM
The Giants have some depth at WR, but they have Plax who's a #1 and then a bunch of #4s and 3s.

scottyboy
09-28-2008, 01:43 PM
The Giants have some depth at WR, but they have Plax who's a #1 and then a bunch of #4s and 3s.

exactly. except Toomer's a good #2 option. After those two, I trust nobody. Maybe Smith next year...

but Giants fans tend to get over excited after a kid has one good game. Yea, Hixon shat on the Browns. In pre-season. against, the BROWNS. he's a great special teamer and good occassional deep threat

RaiderNation
09-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Come Al Davis I allready know you want to give them a 2nd or a 3rd for Holt. Holt, Walker, Curry and Miller would be decent weapons for Russell

CC.SD
09-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Come Al Davis I allready know you want to give them a 2nd or a 3rd for Holt. Holt, Walker, Curry and Miller would be decent weapons for Russell

Holt has been such a class act his whole career, to send him to Oakland would be like sending Mother Theresa to hell.

MarioPalmer
09-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Wow if its in the middle of the season like this. But at the end of the year, yeah, I could definitly see it happening. BUt now, no way. You won't get full value for him now. But, you could always trade him to say the Buccs, the Raiders, Vikes, etc. But depending on the market right now, I just don't see someone offering at least a 2nd rounder for him, but who knows with this team. People didn't see the Fahkir Brown thing coming either. So, I guess we'll have to wait.

yo123
09-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Holt isn't going anywhere. Why would they care about what Linehan wants when he's going to be fired sooner or later anyway?

MetSox17
09-28-2008, 07:08 PM
OK. I would take Torre Holt over all those young guys right in a second. The price you pay is hard to complain about if it gets you to the Super Bowl, so all in all I don't think it's preposterous, Jerry SHOULD be thinking about it if he's doing his job. Not saying he would do it, but you have to consider options to improve your team constantly, especially when your #2 wideout situation is not very scary.

This applies to everyone btw, Holt potentially being up for grabs should be big news, and the fact that it's not tells me there is absolutely no way he leaves St. Louis.

You went off on a topic that wasn't even being argued. I never said he wasn't better than our younger guys, i said he wasn't worth anything near a second round draft pick. Jerry always explores every option to improve the team, but exploration is a mile away from action. I'm saying that he's not worth someone trading a high pick for him, and i think the rest of the league can agree, seeing as no one is jumping over him offering the Rams anything decent.

brat316
09-28-2008, 07:23 PM
So is Lineham fired?

09-28-2008, 07:23 PM

We have the most pathetic group of receivers so sure. Plus you can really only go up from playing for the Rams, right ? :rolleyes:

XxXdragonXxX
09-28-2008, 08:38 PM
There's a certain NFC West team that is hurting for recievers....

Chucky
09-28-2008, 08:41 PM
The Bucs should definately make a run for him if this is true. WR is our biggest weakness by far

holt_bruce81
09-28-2008, 09:32 PM
So is Lineham fired?

Pretty much.

Saints-Tigers
09-28-2008, 09:33 PM
There's not a team in the league that couldn't use Torry Holt.

MarioPalmer
09-29-2008, 12:16 AM
There's not a team in the league that couldn't use Torry Holt.

Agreed, I definitly see him being traded in the off-season if he does get traded. His value now isn't any where near what it would be in the off-season, especially during the draft. I would hope they don't settle for anything less then a 2nd rounder.

NGSeiler
09-29-2008, 12:50 AM
I can't fathom the Rams front office agreeing to it though

Exactly. Fan displeasure over the release of Isaac Bruce was bad enough. Couple that by trading/releasing Holt, and there will be people in streets with pitchforks and torches.

Linehan is Zygmounts (our GM) guy, and they both are about to be axed. I wouldn't put it bast those two.

If this happens, may god send them to hell after someone puts a bullet through there heads.

I'm sure someone in St. Louis who's a Rams fan wouldn't mind doing it.

I could have sworn that as recently as 2-3 seasons ago you were rather anti-Holt and may have even suggested a trade...?

I think Linehan will go before Holt does but has anyone considered if Holt himself wants out? He can't be happy right now and criticised the Bulger decision.

Valid point. There was a lot made of recent comments this offseason about how he may want to join his brother in Carolina. Since then, Terrence has been released so that might not be as big of a deal, but I think the release of Bruce has really reminded Torry that the NFL is first and foremost a business.

Holt isn't going anywhere. Why would they care about what Linehan wants when he's going to be fired sooner or later anyway?

Basically.

So is Lineham fired?

Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports is reporting an announcement about Linehan's status will be made tomorrow (Monday).

yodabear
09-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Thank god Linehan is gone today....

NY+Giants=NYG
09-29-2008, 11:13 AM
dear Jerry Reese:

We are trying to get younger, not older! We already have a boat load of Wrs, we are either playing or developing. I'd rather trade for Gonzo, and get an elite TE then get Holt.

bored of education
09-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Thank god Linehan is gone today....

yayayayayayaya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!