PDA

View Full Version : Terrence Cody, DT/NT - Alabama

Scotty D
09-28-2008, 12:45 AM
Looked for a thread on this guy but couldn't find one. Anyways the guy is 6'5 360-380 pounds. And has shown up in two big games against Clemson and Georgia.

I'm looking for his defensive stats but I know he was a major disruptor in both games. Just wanted to throw his name out for discussion.

Also I wanted to make this thread to find out his draft elgibility because he was a JUCO transfer.

And if he is eligible where do you think his stock is.

CashmoneyDrew
09-28-2008, 12:47 AM
I like him a lot, even though the Titans don't run 3-4. :(
He's a force. That is all.

Jericho@SC
09-28-2008, 12:53 AM
He completely dominated the Rimington winner last year Jonathan Luigs when they played Arkansas two weeks ago.

There is no one in the college game or NFL that can take him one on one.

STARHEATHER
09-28-2008, 01:02 AM
theres one on the first page climbing mt cody. his stock is hes the best defensive player available. a dude with the potential to be a top end nfl nt. a dude who makes the opposing offense one dimensional. worth his substantial weight in pure platinum. pro bowls.

djp
09-28-2008, 01:14 AM
I have questions about his durability and stamina. He looked gassed in the 2nd half of both Bama games I saw.

Looks like a nice NT prospect, though.

CashmoneyDrew
09-28-2008, 01:16 AM
I have questions about his durability and stamina. He looked gassed in the 2nd half of both Bama games I saw.

Looks like a nice NT prospect, though.

Yeah, he's definitely going to have to be better conditioned. (Lose some weight fatty)

thebow305
09-28-2008, 01:18 AM
I'd say he's a 3rd-4th round guy right now, but certainly could be one of the top DT's selected with a good year and better conditioning.

I'd love the Dolphins to pick him up to anchor the middle of our D for the next 10+ years

STARHEATHER
09-28-2008, 01:37 AM
if hes a 4th rd pick, whos better? hes going to get gassed pass rushing ever play. hes not going to be doing that at the nfl level. teams will TRY to run against him. his team wont be up 31-0 with 5 minutes in the 2nd q too often. its a real simple equation. when youre great in every game, and no one can handle you, chances are youre a keeper. every team theyve played, good bad ugly, has been incapable of running the football against them. that means youre better than everyone else.

STARHEATHER
09-28-2008, 01:43 AM
if hes going to anchor your dl for 10 years, wouldnt that be worthy of a first rd pick? im going to go you even better. im going to say with the 12th pick in the nfl draft the miami dolphins select terrence cody. it works perfect. its a perfect fit. he fits what they do. and they need a`player like him on their defense. why picked some overhyped wr or db when you can have potential dominant force anchoring your defense at a high level for 10 yrs. those are the guys you should be using rd 1 picks on

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-28-2008, 01:45 AM
I really have no idea how someone could evaluate him.

He's out of shape, but is a freaking monster in every sense of the word. He can move a little bit as well. The question will be how good can his conditioning be at that weight? If he can't be out there for very long without gassing there will be problems.

But, man, any 3-4 team looking for a clogger. He is it.

I'd say he's a second round guy, but again, he's a very interesting one.

STARHEATHER
09-28-2008, 02:06 AM
i dont think hes out of shape. hes just not straightline fast. hes a natural 400 pounder. . the idea that hes going to chasing guys all over the field, thats not gouing be what he does. his purpose is to own the middle of the line of scrimmage. any evaluation of any other stat about pass rushing or speed or stamina compared to other players is devalued. he was one purpose and one purpose alone. to collapse the pocket and disrupt the running game. the idea that hell be out there 3 downs all the time and on 3rd and 15 and when youre up by 30. thats missing the point. they hardly even tried to challenge him. hes owned a teams with potential nfl rbs and qbs. hes faced teams with nfl prospect ol, and owned them. no one has been able to handle him. when week after week against all types of competition you dominate consistently, do your job at the highest possible level every game, that means youre better than everyone else. its not a fluke its not magic its not coaching its not teammates when the` same thing happens for your job description every week. it means youre at a different level. hes at a different level

Bruce Banner
09-28-2008, 02:09 AM
i dont think hes out of shape. hes just not straightline fast. hes a natural 400 pounder. . the idea that hes going to chasing guys all over the field, thats not gouing be what he does. his purpose is to own the middle of the line of scrimmage. any evaluation of any other stat about pass rushing or speed or stamina compared to other players is devalued. he was one purpose and one purpose alone. to collapse the pocket and disrupt the running game. the idea that hell be out there 3 downs all the time and on 3rd and 15 and when youre up by 30. thats missing the point. they hardly even tried to challenge him. hes owned a teams with potential nfl rbs and qbs. hes faced teams with nfl prospect ol, and owned them. no one has been able to handle him. when week after week against all types of competition you dominate consistently, do your job at the highest possible level every game, that means youre better than everyone else. its not a fluke its not magic its not coaching its not teammates when the` same thing happens for your job description every week. it means youre at a different level. hes at a different level

If it was that easy, there would be a lot more 400 pounders in the NFL.

STARHEATHER
09-28-2008, 02:10 AM
he does 360 dunks too. its true

STARHEATHER
09-28-2008, 02:14 AM
casey hampton shawn rogers, jamal williams pat williams are all in the 350+. like big snack says "i havent been 325 since my 21sr birthday" or something like that. but they still play at a high level. plus how many 350 pounders you know can do 360. i dont know any regular person who can. so as far as athletic ability goes, hes also at a different level. and youre right, its not easy. theres like 5 guys in the world who can do what he has the potentialk to do and none are as athletically gifted as he is. thats what makes him so special

Bruce Banner
09-28-2008, 02:15 AM
casey hampton shawn rogers, jamal williams pat williams are all in the 350+. like big snack says "i havent been 325 since my 21sr birthday" or something like that. but they still play at a high level. plus how many 350 pounders you know can do 360. i dont know any regular person who can. so as far as athletic ability goes, hes also at a different level. and youre right, its not easy. theres like 5 guys in the world who can do what he has the potentialk to do and none are as athletically gifted as he is. thats what makes him so special

Now only if you had to 360 your way through the line.

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 02:16 AM
im sorry but if all hes going to be is a wall in the middle hes not worth a first round pick. the only true nose guard thats been drafted in the first round to play that position is vince wilfork and he makes contributions as a pass rusher. He can be a ted washington style player and have a nice career but hes not gonna be a first rounder or a pro bowler.pat and jamal's weight consist mostly of muscle and even they dont push around nfl linemen on every snap the way u think cody can and the other two have a history of conditioning problems and rogers wasnt a first rounder and hampton has little to no impact on the passing game. If he was a natural 400 pounder then nick saban wouldnt have him shedding weight since before he even signed him. and the fact that he has lost over 70 pounds tells you most of his body weight is fat.

STARHEATHER
09-28-2008, 02:23 AM
casey hamptons not worth a first rd pick. jamaal williams isnt worth a first rd pick?vince wilfork isnt worth a first rd pick? the 360 shows his athletic ability. think about it. hes physically that type of player. id probably take them over just about anyone outside a top qb. i ask again. whos better? who shuts down all opponents every week

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 02:36 AM
unless i have every other position on my defense set a strictly run stuffing nose tackle isnt worth a first rounder no. and last time i checked you dont need to do 360's playing football. and lol at a franchise qb being the only position you would take over cody.

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 02:38 AM
double post my bad

Saints-Tigers
09-28-2008, 02:55 AM
He's not just a run stuffer though, he physically can't be held down with one offensive lineman, you have to double him, and he can still disrupt things like that, while also freeing up all the linemen and linebackers.

The big guy in the middle is THE most important part of a 3-4, it would be the first part of it that I address if I were building that type of D.

Just because he doesn't have big sack numbers doesn't mean he doesn't effect the passing game, he still collapses the pocket and demands a double.

illmatic74
09-28-2008, 02:58 AM
He's not just a run stuffer though, he physically can't be held down with one offensive lineman, you have to double him, and he can still disrupt things like that, while also freeing up all the linemen and linebackers.

The big guy in the middle is THE most important part of a 3-4, it would be the first part of it that I address if I were building that type of D.

Just because he doesn't have big sack numbers doesn't mean he doesn't effect the passing game, he still collapses the pocket and demands a double.LBS are more important overall. The nose is the most important against the run.

JT Jag
09-28-2008, 02:59 AM
Cody is very good. He needs to be in a particular situation to succeed, though. That is, a 3-4 system with depth at defensive line.

Cody's a guy who can go 6 or so plays, and then someone will have to spell him for a couple.

When he's on the field, though, he's Ted Washington reincarnated.

Saints-Tigers
09-28-2008, 03:00 AM
LBS are more important overall. The nose is the most important against the run.

I disagree, when you lack that guy that can suck up blockers, your LB's have to shed linemen before they can make plays. When you have that big space eater, any rangy linebacker looks good because he can run free.

D-Unit
09-28-2008, 03:39 AM
Terrance Cody is the Phil Loadholt of 2008. JUCO transfer with mutant size.. raw... talented... not too bright, but a force to be wreakoned with.

I could see Cody being a 2nd round pick when alls said and done. His weight is definitely something to watch as he did admit to weighing 420 pounds at one point.

draftguru151
09-28-2008, 09:45 AM
He completely dominated the Rimington winner last year Jonathan Luigs when they played Arkansas two weeks ago.

There is no one in the college game or NFL that can take him one on one.

Completely dominated? You mean the one play where he got push and forced Dick to run on the first play of the game and then did nothing for the rest? When Cody was actually on the field (which wasn't often) Luigs shut him down.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-28-2008, 10:01 AM
He's a complete and utter force when he's out there. Alot of people are saying 3-4 NT, which is a great fit. I can see 4-3 NT as well though. In a Grady Jackson or Pat Williams mode.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-28-2008, 10:48 AM
What made guys like Ted Washington or Pat Williams so great, besides their epic size, was the number of snaps they were able to play each and every Sunday. Right now, Cody is definitely short of that mark. I would say that he falls in the Terdell Sands territory right now.

But the physical ability is there in spades, so we'll just have to see how he develops. I doubt he comes out after this year; Saban wouldn't let a nosetackle like that stick around for just one season.

Staubach12
09-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Cody is a flat out monster. He's going to be a force whenever he gets into the NFL.

Saints-Tigers
09-28-2008, 11:30 AM
He's a complete and utter force when he's out there. Alot of people are saying 3-4 NT, which is a great fit. I can see 4-3 NT as well though. In a Grady Jackson or Pat Williams mode.

Yeah, I think he is a great 2 down guy in any scheme.

His power might be unmatched in the league, just his sheer mass makes him near immovable.

Matthew Jones
09-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Terrance Cody is the Phil Loadholt of 2008. JUCO transfer with mutant size.. raw... talented... not too bright, but a force to be wreakoned with.

I could see Cody being a 2nd round pick when alls said and done. His weight is definitely something to watch as he did admit to weighing 420 pounds at one point.

Phil Loadholt is still playing...shouldn't he be the Phil Loadholt of 2008?

Anyways, if I'm a 3-4 team in desperate need, yeah, maybe late second. Otherwise, third round or so. Keep in mind that the going rate for tackles like Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers has been around this, and these guys are (somewhat) proven commodities.

CC.SD
09-28-2008, 12:11 PM
If he stays and gets in shape, his ability is #1 overall pick quality. As he is right now, i'd say mid-late first would be a great spot for him; there's definitely a bust factor, but that size and that ability to collapse the pocket are very very hard to find in this league, and somebody will pull the trigger on him in the first without a doubt.

STARHEATHER
09-28-2008, 04:19 PM
no team, including two teams who weere preseason top 10s with "nfl caliber" qbs and backs and an elite center prospect and not one team has run for 100 yards in a game against them. he does not fit every scheme. it was amazing mark may said just what i did verbatim almost on the reveiew show. a player who can make the opponent one dimensional, no one else has that. they dominated the trenches. and on defense that means cody. any team that runs the 3-4 would be remiss not to consider. hes a gilbert brown jamaal williams type but more athletic. sd, pitt, ne, dal, mia, balt sf and cleve if their coaches survive would be in the mix. he brings that dimension of you cant run the ball vs us and there are few individulas who bring that. and he is flying up boards. i read a piece and hes already thinking about coming out and theyre already talikng about how he fits the nfl game. and hes an athletic miracle so hes just not some big fat average joe. so you can believe or not believe but just remeber where you heard it first. this dude is going to dominate.

Ozzy
09-28-2008, 04:54 PM
The kid is a sophomore right? Ok well it is quite clear he could easily, I mean easily become a NFL 1st round pick. I say again, just like Ngata did a few years back, Cody can easily do it, especially since he is technically a SOPH and has one or two more years possibly.

The kid is a 1st round pick, this many people do not all notice someone unless they are flat out dominating and playing extremely impressive football. See the kid once and you love him, have not seen anyone that does not love his potential.

CashmoneyDrew
09-28-2008, 05:07 PM
The kid is a sophomore right? Ok well it is quite clear he could easily, I mean easily become a NFL 1st round pick. I say again, just like Ngata did a few years back, Cody can easily do it, especially since he is technically a SOPH and has one or two more years possibly.

The kid is a 1st round pick, this many people do not all notice someone unless they are flat out dominating and playing extremely impressive football. See the kid once and you love him, have not seen anyone that does not love his potential.

The official Alabama site has him listed as a JR.

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 05:46 PM
are u guys serious? 1st pick potential? wow hes a powerful guy with nice upside and potential to be a first rounder but has incredibly obvious flaws the biggest being conditioning.u guys need to seriously take a step back and consider what you say. u act as if he is the sole reason alabama hasnt allowed a 100 yd rusher and i would sure like to see more than a couple of good games before u start sloting him in the top 10

CashmoneyDrew
09-28-2008, 05:48 PM
are u guys serious? 1st pick potential? wow hes a powerful guy with nice upside and potential to be a first rounder but has incredibly obvious flaws the biggest being conditioning.u guys need to seriously take a step back and consider what you say. u act as if he is the sole reason alabama hasnt allowed a 100 yd rusher and i would sure like to see more than a couple of good games before u start sloting him in the top 10

I'm sure you realize the people who are hyping him up number one right? Mythbusta is not to be taken seriously.

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 05:54 PM
i know but still its ridiculous that after 4 games some guys are putting him in the same class as jammal williams or even ted washington i would agree right now hes more in the terdell sands category

Vikes99ej
09-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Here's to him not becoming another Gabe Watson or Alan Branch. I'd sure as hell take him on the Vikes.

Ozzy
09-28-2008, 06:02 PM
are u guys serious? 1st pick potential? wow hes a powerful guy with nice upside and potential to be a first rounder but has incredibly obvious flaws the biggest being conditioning.u guys need to seriously take a step back and consider what you say. u act as if he is the sole reason alabama hasnt allowed a 100 yd rusher and i would sure like to see more than a couple of good games before u start sloting him in the top 10I never said he was anything like those amazing defensive tackles, what I am saying is that since so many teams in the NFL play a 3/4 defense, you must have those big middle clogs or the defense will not work that well. Cody is the perfect NT prospect, and look around not many players in college would make a great NT in a 3/4, Cody is one of the few around.

As for his conditioning, well I hope a man that large is in not that great of shape, if he was he would not be that large now would he. As long as he can play as intense as he has played this year on a few players that is all he needs to do. I still say though more than not he is pushing through and getting through the line of scrimmage. And yes if Alabama did not have Cody, things this season would still be great, but they would be different. He is that big of a problem to block on their defensive line.

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 06:10 PM
i wasnt reffering to your post. and im not saying he cant be a good nose tackle but most 3-4 teams dont draft nose tackles in the first round because players like cody who can only floruish in that system dont usually go that high. and cody hasnt shown anything to me to assume hes an elite athlete like mythbusta makes it seem. with the exception of wilfork and hampton i havent seen a 3-4 team draft a nose tackle in the first round. and the patriots had the luxury of being set at most other positions when they drafted wilfork.

Ozzy
09-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Ngata was....

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 06:38 PM
ngata plays more 3-4 defensive end with the ravens when they switch to a 4-3 front they slide him inside

adschofield
09-28-2008, 06:48 PM
theres one on the first page climbing mt cody. his stock is hes the best defensive player available. a dude with the potential to be a top end nfl nt. a dude who makes the opposing offense one dimensional. worth his substantial weight in pure platinum. pro bowls.

Christ, I wish I could neg rep you again, you are such a tool

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 07:02 PM

haha fo sho

DragonFireKai
09-28-2008, 07:09 PM

Don't worry, I'll do it for you.

keylime_5
09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
I think 2nd round pick as long as he's not too out of shape. He plays with intensity and is a load. the EPITOME of a double team commander at nose tackle that a 3-4 defense absolutely needs to be effective. He might not be Shaun Rogers or Kris Jenkins in terms of agility but he is a big dude who can push the pocket and take up a guard and center. Lots of good DTs were had in the 2nd round including Rogers and Jenkins.

bernbabybern820
09-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Here's to him not becoming another Gabe Watson or Alan Branch. I'd sure as hell take him on the Vikes.

No way. He has absolutely no questions about his motor.

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 10:12 PM
haha read that again

STARHEATHER
09-28-2008, 10:23 PM
casey hampton and vince wilfork were first rd picks. the reason you dont see too many of them go in rd is there arent that many of them at all. i know hes not a pass rush freak and hell be lucky to break 5.5 etc etc etc. problem is with that argument that he doesnt have to be that way.its not required to be a great nt to have speed or be built like a grrek god. in fact its disadvantagous. its like need ing a wr to do 30 reps. its nice but surely not required. he does everything thats required. he may not get picked #1 overall nor do i care. dreaft order means nothing. like chris long was drafted second overall and he sux. so if hes #1 overall or wherever hes going to be better than players selected ahead of him. becuase hes a special one. he does things no one else can do. so you can pick your rey maaluga or michael crabtree or beanie and im going to get this guy and im going to comtinue to win and youre going to be living in chris long land drafting in the top 5 again next year. hes been the single most dominant difference maker in college football this year. hes the one who takes you from 7-5 to national championship. i hope hes available. some teams going to pick rey maaluga and this guys going to fall into the lap of a good football team and make them better. i love it, scoff. this ones not going to miss regardless of where he goes

thebow305
09-28-2008, 11:11 PM

Damn, why don't you take him out on a date?

Anyway, this guy can be absolutely dominant at times. It's going to be hard to evaluate him though. There is a very fine line with huge guys like this. It needs to be determined before he is drafted whether he is the next Ted Washington or Terdell Sands. And that is VERY important because there is a HUGE difference, obviously.

Clayton89
09-28-2008, 11:50 PM
casey hampton and vince wilfork were first rd picks. the reason you dont see too many of them go in rd is there arent that many of them at all. i know hes not a pass rush freak and hell be lucky to break 5.5 etc etc etc. problem is with that argument that he doesnt have to be that way.its not required to be a great nt to have speed or be built like a grrek god. in fact its disadvantagous. its like need ing a wr to do 30 reps. its nice but surely not required. he does everything thats required. he may not get picked #1 overall nor do i care. dreaft order means nothing. like chris long was drafted second overall and he sux. so if hes #1 overall or wherever hes going to be better than players selected ahead of him. becuase hes a special one. he does things no one else can do. so you can pick your rey maaluga or michael crabtree or beanie and im going to get this guy and im going to comtinue to win and youre going to be living in chris long land drafting in the top 5 again next year. hes been the single most dominant difference maker in college football this year. hes the one who takes you from 7-5 to national championship. i hope hes available. some teams going to pick rey maaluga and this guys going to fall into the lap of a good football team and make them better. i love it, scoff. this ones not going to miss regardless of where he goes

wow i didnt know chris long was such a terrible bust after all of what 4 games? dude Cody has played four games u really think thats enough to claim him as an elite prospect. I guess your a better scout than every gm in the league cause all of them had chris long as a top ten prospect. there have been handful of guys who have flashed dominance in college but shown nothing in the pros. guys like anttaj hawthorne and rod wright who got the same amount of attention and had more to offer athletically than cody and where are they? im not saying he wont be good just to take it easy

Iamcanadian
09-29-2008, 12:02 AM
He had better report to the combine in top shape if he wants to see round 1. If he comes in at 360-380, pro teams won't be impressed and he'll drop. There is no doubt this guy has round 1 talent but he has never demonstrated that he will get into shape to plat ay his top level.

D-Unit
09-29-2008, 02:44 AM
This guy is quickly becoming overrated.

Clayton89
09-29-2008, 03:17 AM
tell me about it

LonghornsLegend
09-29-2008, 07:13 AM
This guy is just a monster of the field, I have noticed him both games because he pushes double teams like its nothing, I started paying attention to him after awhile and realized why it's so tough to run against them...But I question if the right team could make him useless, ala Texas Tech? He could get exposed with alot of quick passing plays because it kind of takes his effectiveness out of the game, you won't see much of that in the SEC but it could become a problem.

Right now though he looks like your dream 3-4 NT, you can tell he's going to have weight/stamina issues at the next level so he's going to need to be motivated.

STARHEATHER
09-30-2008, 06:58 PM
if hes so overrated, why is it that no one can run against them? hes not overrated. hes underrated. please refute. its easy to say hes overrated. but id prefer to hear why. casey hampton has weight issues too. or does he? hes the difference maker. and as for chris long this is the last im going to say other than references to drafting guys way too high based on media hype. theyre giving up about 35 a game. dude is supposed to be a difference maker, all that $ and hype. hes making a difference. in the wrong way. theyve gotten worse.

Ozzy
09-30-2008, 09:11 PM
How is Cody not the top DT prospect in the 2009 NFL draft?

Who is better than him? Moala? Maybe but I would take Cody depending on defense and need. Cody is a stud and could easily be a 1st round draft pick, he changes games for a reason. What he is just lucky he physically dominates his opponents?

D-Unit
09-30-2008, 09:19 PM
I put him solidly in the 2nd round right now. Things could go up or down. He's incredibly raw, but he's a nice guy to mold. He needs to get stronger and shed more weight too, but he's on his way.

Ozzy
09-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I put him solidly in the 2nd round right now. Things could go up or down. He's incredibly raw, but he's a nice guy to mold. He needs to get stronger and shed more weight too, but he's on his way.Yeah it is crazy, the kid is honestly like a cult figure...it seems everyone knows how he is, guess it is hard to miss him on the field. And sadly there are not many huge DTs like him around in college football year in and year out.

Scott Wright
09-30-2008, 09:30 PM
How is Cody not the top DT prospect in the 2009 NFL draft?

The problem is he's extremely one-dimensional.

If you are a 4-3 team you don't even look at him in the top few rounds.

keylime_5
09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
he relies too much on one feature too - size and strength.

iBoldin
09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
if hes so overrated, why is it that no one can run against them? hes not overrated. hes underrated. please refute. its easy to say hes overrated. but id prefer to hear why. casey hampton has weight issues too. or does he? hes the difference maker. and as for chris long this is the last im going to say other than references to drafting guys way too high based on media hype. theyre giving up about 35 a game. dude is supposed to be a difference maker, all that $ and hype. hes making a difference. in the wrong way. theyve gotten worse.

How is he the reason the Rams are one of the worst teams in the NFL? "Please refute".

D-Unit
09-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah it is crazy, the kid is honestly like a cult figure...it seems everyone knows how he is, guess it is hard to miss him on the field. And sadly there are not many huge DTs like him around in college football year in and year out.
That didn't stop Alan Branch from falling to Round 2.

CLong4Heisman
09-30-2008, 10:08 PM

Yeah, Hampton has weight issues, how much impact has he had this year?
Chris Long is a rookie, 4 games into the year.

Ozzy
09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
The problem is he's extremely one-dimensional.

If you are a 4-3 team you don't even look at him in the top few rounds.Very, very true but if you do run a 3/4 you absolutely look at him and not all the 3/4 defenses have a great NT. And he is exactly that. I think he is more dominating than Branch and fits better as a NT because of his raw strength.

He changes games with his size, and players like him are so very rare.

Scott Wright
09-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Also, look at the top 3-4 nose tackles in the league and tell me how many of them were first round picks. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Vince Wilfork...

Clayton89
10-01-2008, 12:01 AM
haha i already made that point that nose tackles just dont go that high and wilfork went in the first round because he had the versatility to play in a 4-3 scheme as well so he wasnt going to last. and alan branch was dominating in college much more so than cody has been and last time i checked one player doesnt make up a whole defense the Alabama defense is good thats why nobody can run against them.

Saints-Tigers
10-01-2008, 12:29 AM
haha i already made that point that nose tackles just dont go that high and wilfork went in the first round because he had the versatility to play in a 4-3 scheme as well so he wasnt going to last. and alan branch was dominating in college much more so than cody has been and last time i checked one player doesnt make up a whole defense the Alabama defense is good thats why nobody can run against them.

I'm not so sure about that to be honest.

Clayton89
10-01-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm not so sure about that to be honest.

branch was as dominating as any defensive player his junior year thats why he was getting grades as high as the top 10 the reason he fell were injury concerns as well as issues concerning his effort. but strictly from his performance on the field there were few players that made the impact he did.

Scotty D
10-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Branch had a stress fracture aswell I believe. There was something wrong with his legs.

Saints-Tigers
10-01-2008, 12:46 AM
branch was as dominating as any defensive player his junior year thats why he was getting grades as high as the top 10 the reason he fell were injury concerns as well as issues concerning his effort. but strictly from his performance on the field there were few players that made the impact he did.

That's the thing though, I feel like Cody brings the effort very well for a guy his size... probably would I like most about him so far.

LonghornsLegend
10-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Also, look at the top 3-4 nose tackles in the league and tell me how many of them were first round picks. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Vince Wilfork...

Casey Hampton.

Clayton89
10-01-2008, 01:16 AM
but if he can only give that effort for 30 snaps thats not enough to spend a first round pick on. like i said before in this thread i think he could be a tank in the middle but he needs to show his weight wont hold him back and show he can do it for a season(seriously hes played 5 games in his div 1-a career). I believe hes gonna require a 3-4 team to be actively seeking a nose as their main need for him to make the first round because thats the only system he can be productive in and in most cases the value isnt there for such a one dimensional player.

Clayton89
10-01-2008, 01:48 AM
scott talked about cody in his ask scott write ups pretty good evaluation i think.

Matthew Jones
10-01-2008, 02:49 AM
I remember last year when Toonster had Ahtyba Rubin in the first or second round and everyone started getting excited about his size, then he got drafted in the sixth round. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Cody fan, but I wouldn't take him in the first round. I'd wait until the third so far, I think.

Ozzy
10-01-2008, 08:13 AM
The Dolphins and 49ers are probably the top two 3/4 teams that would look at Cody.

And you never know what teams will switch back to a 3/4 based on hiring and firing of certain coaches.

Who says Cody cannot play in a 4/3, sure ideally it would be a 3/4 but big boys like Grady Jackson, Pat Williams and Terdell Sands play just fine in a 4/3 defense. Could Cody not do that Sands does on the Raiders? I doubt it, so if you open it up again he is probably the best DT arguably in the draft, and really could play both styles of defenses. Heck Gilbert Brown on Green Bay was not in a 3/4 defense.

metafour
10-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Scott is right, Cody has next to no value in any 4-3 scheme. He makes a heck of a 3-4 space eater if he can get in better shape, but as "dominating" as he has been it is more or less him just standing up the line and not getting pushed around. This has value in a 3-4 scheme but guys like Pat Williams make plays, Cody not so much. He produces next to no push himself.

Ozzy
10-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Scott is right, Cody has next to no value in any 4-3 scheme. He makes a heck of a 3-4 space eater if he can get in better shape, but as "dominating" as he has been it is more or less him just standing up the line and not getting pushed around. This has value in a 3-4 scheme but guys like Pat Williams make plays, Cody not so much. He produces next to no push himself.What about Terdell Sands? He is basically just a big body that cannot be moved from where he stands, just like Gilbert Brown was. It is not impossible for him to be on a team with a 4/3 defense. Sure ideally he would be on a 3/4. And yes his conditioning is a issue, but seriously I never was able to watch guys like Gilbert Brown or Sands in college but wasn't their conditioning and issue also?

All these guys simply cannot be moved from where they are on the field, thus the defense starts to dictate to the offense what to do. As for Cody not getting any push, I do not buy that, he gets a lot of push, and right now teams are running away from him on the field. I have seen him break through the line a few times, he is not some lazy butt that can barely walk on and off the field seriously.

We will see, regardless of where he gets drafted he could be a very special talent in the NFL and a fine weapon for any team on defense.

Cribbs>Hester
10-01-2008, 12:30 PM
This whole 34 "space eater" crap is blown way out of place. Its all a myth. You don't want 3 guys up from eating space. They still have to make plays. They are still asked to shed blocks just like any other defense. If a Defensive Lineman is the first to the ball why would you want him to just keep the blocker occupied while the runner gaines another half yard to yard before the Backer gets there? You still need 3 guys who get great push or you'll have no pass rushe. They reason the 34 is so effective is because the offense cannot identify which guys are blitzing as easily. Well if you have 3 guys who get no push up from then it narrows it down drastically for the offesense because they know if they block the outside backers then that all but eliminates the pass rush.

Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, and Jammal Williams would all be just as valuebale to a 43 teams because they are good players who get penetration and make plays. They don't just stand in the middle of the field and not let anyone move them. Same goes for dominate forces like Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, John Henderson or Albert Haynesworth...they would all be just as effective in a 34 defense because they are play makers who get push and disrubt plays instead of just eating blockers.

CLong4Heisman
10-01-2008, 01:22 PM
This whole 34 "space eater" crap is blown way out of place. Its all a myth. You don't want 3 guys up from eating space. They still have to make plays. They are still asked to shed blocks just like any other defense. If a Defensive Lineman is the first to the ball why would you want him to just keep the blocker occupied while the runner gaines another half yard to yard before the Backer gets there? You still need 3 guys who get great push or you'll have no pass rushe. They reason the 34 is so effective is because the offense cannot identify which guys are blitzing as easily. Well if you have 3 guys who get no push up from then it narrows it down drastically for the offesense because they know if they block the outside backers then that all but eliminates the pass rush.

Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, and Jammal Williams would all be just as valuebale to a 43 teams because they are good players who get penetration and make plays. They don't just stand in the middle of the field and not let anyone move them. Same goes for dominate forces like Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, John Henderson or Albert Haynesworth...they would all be just as effective in a 34 defense because they are play makers who get push and disrubt plays instead of just eating blockers.

Dont forget Kris Jenkins, he was great in the 4-3 and has been real good in the 3-4.

LonghornsLegend
10-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Dont forget Kris Jenkins, he was great in the 4-3 and has been real good in the 3-4.

He always looked like a perfect fit in a 3-4 and has been stellar so far, looks like he shed some weight too.

JT Jag
10-01-2008, 01:33 PM
casey hampton and vince wilfork were first rd picks. the reason you dont see too many of them go in rd is there arent that many of them at all. i know hes not a pass rush freak and hell be lucky to break 5.5 etc etc etc. problem is with that argument that he doesnt have to be that way.its not required to be a great nt to have speed or be built like a grrek god. in fact its disadvantagous. its like need ing a wr to do 30 reps. its nice but surely not required. he does everything thats required. he may not get picked #1 overall nor do i care. dreaft order means nothing. like chris long was drafted second overall and he sux. so if hes #1 overall or wherever hes going to be better than players selected ahead of him. becuase hes a special one. he does things no one else can do. so you can pick your rey maaluga or michael crabtree or beanie and im going to get this guy and im going to comtinue to win and youre going to be living in chris long land drafting in the top 5 again next year. hes been the single most dominant difference maker in college football this year. hes the one who takes you from 7-5 to national championship. i hope hes available. some teams going to pick rey maaluga and this guys going to fall into the lap of a good football team and make them better. i love it, scoff. this ones not going to miss regardless of where he goesDude, I'm an Alabama fan and I'm not as high on Cody as you are.

That shows that you have a problem.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 02:48 PM

You're wrong in the first part of your post. In the 34, the LBs are the playmakers and the DL are space eaters. If they can provide a push, that's a bonus. But you won't see 34 DEs racking up the same sack totals as 43 DEs. Or 34 NTs racking up the same tackle stats as 43 DTs. There is a specific reason why 3-4 NTs are traditionally gargantuan sized players and 34 DEs are close to 300 pounds where as in the 43, they are much less.

The 3-4 NT is not a glamour position. It's not for the guy who wants to be a playmaker. The scheme does not call for them to be relied upon as one of the main playmakers on defense. If they make a play, that's great, but it's not their job to consistently rack up stats. It's for the unselfish guy who does all the nasty dirty work to make it easier for his teammates. In the 3-4, the LBs are the playmakers. If you have a guy at NT who will consistently command a double team, then that's where you see the beauty of the 3-4 scheme work effectively. If 1 guy is getting double teamed then that opens up the way for the LBs to make plays. You'd way rather prefer the 1 guy getting double teamed to be your NT and not your WOLB. If your NT can command a double, you at least then want one of your 34 DEs to. Somebody along that line has to. You know what I'm sayin'? If you don't have a DL that commands a double team, then your defense is stiffled. That's what the main problem with the Dallas Cowboys defense is. They have never had a true 34 NT. They've had Jason Ferguson and Jay Ratliff working it. But neither of them command a double. That's why you'll see DeMarcus Ware getting doubled. That's why you don't see any inside LB blitzes. There's no gaps to hit. The center or guard will cover our NT one on one and when our ILBs get to the line, they have to face an offensive lineman. How many LBs can take on offensive linemen? Yeah, exactly. Not too many. Ferg and Ratliff never control the gaps. Instead they try to hit the gaps. They try to be disruptive and get into the backfield. The problem with that, is our LBs are less effective in what they do and if our NT penetrates and doesn't get to the ball carrier, all of a sudden the guy running the ball is 5-7 yards deep because the offensive linemen are blocking LBs intead of DL. Now if you get a space eating NT, then bam, 2 OL are trying to block him leaving a gap open where the LBs can hit the hole hard. Or then you have Ware in 1 on 1 match ups.

Dallas' D... it's all messed up because we don't have a true NT. Jay Ratliff makes an occassional TFL or sack and everyone praises him. Then people say, why do you want to replace him? All they remember are the onezy twozy highlight tackles he had in the game. Well, what about the 40 other plays during the game? The ones where he's not doing that? The job is all that much harder for the LBs and our scheme which is supposed to be an attacking 3-4 is simply not able to attack. Then the coaches get blamed for not scheming right and not doing the job they were asked to. Fact of the matter, is that they can't. They don't have the NT who makes it all work. If Jay Ratliff was so bad ass that he commanded a double team so often because of the way he attacks the QB and tackles the RB, then that would be one thing. ...but he doesn't. Secondly, he does have the size to match up with a double team. He'd get engulfed to the point of misery. A guy like him is better off suited as a 34 DE where he can attack at the LOS. The NT? He's not supposed to be the one being relied upon to rack up tackle and sack stats. Get that double team, open up the gap and let the LBs hit it hard. It's why you need bigger LBs in the 34. They act as hybrid DL/LBs.

BTW, Hampton, Wilfork and Williams are good penetrators? Really? Hampton and Wilfork have never had more than 2 sacks in a season in their entire careers. Williams didn't even have a single sack last year, but he was a pro bowler cause he does his job the right way. Yes, they could play effectively in a 43 and Haynesworth, Williams and Henderson would work in a 34, but their roles would change and their stats would also reflect it.

Clayton89
10-01-2008, 03:43 PM
What about Terdell Sands? He is basically just a big body that cannot be moved from where he stands, just like Gilbert Brown was. It is not impossible for him to be on a team with a 4/3 defense. Sure ideally he would be on a 3/4. And yes his conditioning is a issue, but seriously I never was able to watch guys like Gilbert Brown or Sands in college but wasn't their conditioning and issue also?

All these guys simply cannot be moved from where they are on the field, thus the defense starts to dictate to the offense what to do. As for Cody not getting any push, I do not buy that, he gets a lot of push, and right now teams are running away from him on the field. I have seen him break through the line a few times, he is not some lazy butt that can barely walk on and off the field seriously.

We will see, regardless of where he gets drafted he could be a very special talent in the NFL and a fine weapon for any team on defense.

uhh i don't think terdell sands is the best example to try and prove your point. Hes basically done nothing but be a big body and Cody could play in a 4-3 but he would be completely ineffective as a pass rusher.

bernbabybern820
10-01-2008, 06:08 PM
uhh i don't think terdell sands is the best example to try and prove your point. Hes basically done nothing but be a big body and Cody could play in a 4-3 but he would be completely ineffective as a pass rusher.

He has had a solid year so far. Dominated last game versus the Chargers.

STARHEATHER
10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
im not interested in him as a 4-3. im interested in a nt. so all these he cant play in this scheme and that and this team and that wouldnt want him thats all fine and dandy. hes exactly what i want him to be. does everything he needsto do. whether he has other skills or would be drafted by denver thats immaterial. and for the bama fan you should like him because hes the reason youre going to finish on top. you can pretty much attribute most of their success on the simple fact no one can run the ball on bama. and if you cant run, you cant win. and thats why i love him, pass rush skills and scheme fits are immaterial. he fits the scheme that best fits him. nt.

CLong4Heisman
10-01-2008, 08:12 PM
im not interested in him as a 4-3. im interested in a nt. so all these he cant play in this scheme and that and this team and that wouldnt want him thats all fine and dandy. hes exactly what i want him to be. does everything he needsto do. whether he has other skills or would be drafted by denver thats immaterial. and for the bama fan you should like him because hes the reason youre going to finish on top. you can pretty much attribute most of their success on the simple fact no one can run the ball on bama. and if you cant run, you cant win. and thats why i love him, pass rush skills and scheme fits are immaterial. he fits the scheme that best fits him. nt.

Why would you draft a space eater in the first round? No one runs on Bama cuz they get up by at least 20 points in most games and the teams are throwing to try and come from behind. Knowshon had 8 carries in the entire game.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Why would you draft a space eater in the first round? No one runs on Bama cuz they get up by at least 20 points in most games and the teams are throwing to try and come from behind. Knowshon had 8 carries in the entire game.
Oh no. Now you've got mythbuster in a pickle. First he says No-shon is crap, then he tries to make a point Georgia couldn't run against Bama. Somethings got to give.

metafour
10-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Lets not go overboard with the Bama run-defense either. Yeah, they look terrific so far, but Clemson had something like 4 new starters on their line all playing in their first game and Georgia was down 20+ points in the first quarter and didn't even bother running anymore, plus their starting center is a true freshman. Georgia's O-Line has looked pretty pedestrian so far this season. Apart from Clemson/UGA Bama hasn't really played anyone that matters, and they were up big in all those games. When they stop LSU's run game I'll give them props, but not yet.

STARHEATHER
10-01-2008, 08:54 PM
yeah i know its bad offensive lines and blah blah.its always someone elses fault or this guy wasnt good against him. you can rationalize all you want of why he cant do what he can do. and knowshon couldnt run against sc either. so there goes that argumnent. but when the same thing happens week after week against every opponent, that doesnt scream fluke or bad ol every time. that means someones throwin down every week. and cody is doing the tossing. i look forward to the national championship game in a few weeks alabama vs lsu. i guess well find out if charles scott is better than moreno in that one. the bar hasnt been set very high.

CLong4Heisman
10-01-2008, 09:05 PM
yeah i know its bad offensive lines and blah blah.its always someone elses fault or this guy wasnt good against him. you can rationalize all you want of why he cant do what he can do. and knowshon couldnt run against sc either. so there goes that argumnent. but when the same thing happens week after week against every opponent, that doesnt scream fluke or bad ol every time. that means someones throwin down every week. and cody is doing the tossing. i look forward to the national championship game in a few weeks alabama vs lsu. i guess well find out if charles scott is better than moreno in that one. the bar hasnt been set very high.

20 carries 79 yards 1 td. He couldnt run? Did you watch the game or were you pleasuring yourself to Cody? ( sorry if inappropiate). Once again he had 8 carries against Bama.

STARHEATHER
10-01-2008, 09:12 PM
less than 4 ypc and 14 points in a college game is ineffective. scotts averaging about 6 ypc. fwelix jones averaged 9 ypc. and according to georgia fan guy, hes hurt already and may be out this week. thats why im the mythbusta. youd figure hed have more than 8 carries vs alabama since hes such a great one. were they afraid of cody?

CLong4Heisman
10-01-2008, 09:18 PM
less than 4 ypc and 14 points in a college game is ineffective. scotts averaging about 6 ypc. fwelix jones averaged 9 ypc. and according to georgia fan guy, hes hurt already and may be out this week. thats why im the mythbusta. youd figure hed have more than 8 carries vs alabama since hes such a great one. were they afraid of cody?

THEY WERE DOWN BY 31 AT HALFTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, if you want to come back you throw the football. You gotta be kidding me man.
Congrats on Scotts 6 ypc average. WTF does that have to do with Cody?

STARHEATHER
10-01-2008, 09:22 PM
why were they down by 31? why did they score 0 points? why did moreno have only 8 carries? with their star nfl qb and star nfl tb? it has to do with morenos inneffectiveness, the examples of scott and jones. or was it cody? truth is they didnt even try to test cody. and thats just as good.

CLong4Heisman
10-01-2008, 09:24 PM
why were they down by 31? why did they score 0 points? why did moreno have only 8 carries? with their star nfl qb and star nfl tb? it has to do with morenos inneffectiveness, the examples of scott and jones. or was it cody? truth is they didnt even try to test cody. and thats just as good.

They were down by 31 because they couldnt stop Bama. Re-watch the game and try to refute that.They had 0 points because they were forced to throw every down.
Why would you test a NT when you are throwing the ball? What did he do when UGA was throwing?

draftguru151
10-01-2008, 09:25 PM
What in the world are you talking about? :confused:

TACKLE
10-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Terrance Cody is a beast who has Ted Washington like potetial.

But with some calling in a potentially elite prospect and in Scott's blog where he was refered to as THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND, it made me think of one thing.

Terrance Codyzzzzzzzzz.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Terrance Cody is a beast who has Ted Washington like potetial.

But with some calling in a potentially elite prospect and in Scott's blog where he was refered to as THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND, it made me think of one thing.

Terrance Codyzzzzzzzzz.
QFT. That's great! Terence OMGZZzz Codyzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Cribbs>Hester
10-01-2008, 09:49 PM
You're wrong in the first part of your post. In the 34, the LBs are the playmakers and the DL are space eaters. If they can provide a push, that's a bonus. But you won't see 34 DEs racking up the same sack totals as 43 DEs. Or 34 NTs racking up the same tackle stats as 43 DTs. There is a specific reason why 3-4 NTs are traditionally gargantuan sized players and 34 DEs are close to 300 pounds where as in the 43, they are much less.

Blah blah blah I don't want to hear your media fed and regurgitated garbage. I've heard it all before and its still wrong. The best players are going to make any defense work period. If you get push from a NT you're a better football team. If you NT is making TFL's then you're a better football team. If he has the ability then you're an idiot worthless defensive coach if you're asking him not to do so and instead just hold his man off so the LB's can rack up stats.

10-01-2008, 09:51 PM
QFT. That's great! Terence OMGZZzz Codyzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Seriously we gotta stick with this D, TERRENCE CODYZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Blah blah blah I don't want to hear your media fed and regurgitated garbage. I've heard it all before and its still wrong. The best players are going to make any defense work period. If you get push from a NT you're a better football team. If you NT is making TFL's then you're a better football team. If he has the ability then you're an idiot worthless defensive coach if you're asking him not to do so and instead just hold his man off so the LB's can rack up stats.
LMAFAO.

Casey Hampton = .5 sacks in 2007
Vince Wilfork = 2 sacks in 2007
Jamal Williams = 0 sacks in 2007

Yeah, just look at those idiot defensive coaches misusing their players... and look how useless those NTs are to their teams because they get no TFLs and no push.

GDawg239
10-02-2008, 07:11 PM
man is a beast! A younger quicker Grady Jackson

SenorGato
10-02-2008, 11:05 PM
He reminds me of Kris Jenkins.

SuperKevin
10-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Hopefully he can have a career similar to Tony Siragusa.

Buckrock101
10-03-2008, 01:46 AM
He's not ready for the NFL yet. He takes plays off, and needs to improve his conditioning. However, he is strong and powerful, and is definitely a guy who has the potential to be a great player in the pros.

STARHEATHER
10-03-2008, 08:22 PM
what game did he take plays off? he doesnt play in obvious passing situations. he certainly cant baloon to 400 so id agree to that point. in rewatching the georgia game if i saw one weakness its that he doesnt use his hands as well as the top nt in the nfl. hes more of a body pusher at this point. but thats the type thing that can be taught. i think cribbs hester made the most valid point ive seen. its not about stats with these types. as the game announcer stated when describing bama defense "everything revolves around his ability to hold the point". just like with hampton or willfork or williams. theyre lynchpins who have a certain job. its not to get sacks. and hes shown some of those short area quick penetrating abilities that the best have. hes going to do his job and has shown he can perform said functions at a high level in his brief career. hes dominant 4 games into his carreer. so the upside of what he may be able to accomplish is whats so exciting. hes not even come close to realizing his full potential.

STARHEATHER
10-04-2008, 06:23 PM
another day, another 30 yds rushing. gary danielson made a great point. with cody in the lineup, alabama doesnt have to bring up the 8th man, allowing them to always play coverage. i hope to see soon someone try to challenge cody between the tackles. clemson attempted it. no one has since. value isnt always in the highlight reel.

keylime_5
10-04-2008, 06:29 PM
he doesn't take plays off and he does make their defensive front a great unit...but he's gonna have to rely on more than just sheer strength and size once he gets to the NFL like he is doing right now. I think he needs another year of college coaching to refine his technique. DTs can bust pretty easily in the NFL just like QBs if they are too raw coming out.

STARHEATHER
10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
i would agree totally that he needs technique work but as see it hes still learning to play the position and thats the scary part. put that together with top end athletic ability and the fact hes dominating every week. i see it as similar to lawrence taylor, not in the way he plays of course. but what the impact is. hes changed the way every team plays offense against them. he makes teams change the way they play offense. i guess teams got the clemson tape and have just said were not even going to try. and that makes the impact just as much as running it 30 times at him with no success. his rawness is really what is so exciting. i hope to see a team attempt to challenge him so he can make some plays in the future. i dont think you can beat them if you dont

giantsfan
10-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm sorry but until he shows some football knowledge and not just beastly size and strength he's going to be a Terdell Sands type of player, a nice big guy, but he just has no technique ATM. His conditioning is also clearly a major problem. If I'm a team looking for a consistent run stuffer who's incredibly strong and knows how to use his hands I'm picking Terrance Taylor ahead of him. Taylor's a weight room beast, strong as an ox and knows how to use his hands and has football instincts instead of just nasty size and strength. If Cody doesn't improve his technique or drop 20 pounds for the combine I'd expect him to be a third round with a chance of going late day 1.

illmatic74
10-04-2008, 08:49 PM
He has been dominant but the conditoning is the only question.

giantsfan
10-04-2008, 09:42 PM
He has been dominant but the conditoning is the only question.

In college where he can just out beast anyone. Once he hits the NFL he'll need to vastly improve his use of his hands and refine his game before he's ever a difference maker.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 12:21 AM
well lets just stick with whats happening on the field rather than comparing him to the worst convenient past prospect or trying to read his mind and pretending you really have any true idea of whether or not he has football knowledge or what that level of aptitude is. he may be terrel sands, or he may be jamaal williams. he compares physically. hes the one thing that no other player has been this year. a difference maker. a player who makes the entire offense change their entire gameplan. no ones been able to run it against them. only clemson tried. teams are pass happy because of him. if you can make a team pass happy, you have a pretty good chance of beating them

giantsfan
10-05-2008, 02:22 AM
well lets just stick with whats happening on the field rather than comparing him to the worst convenient past prospect or trying to read his mind and pretending you really have any true idea of whether or not he has football knowledge or what that level of aptitude is. he may be terrel sands, or he may be jamaal williams. he compares physically. hes the one thing that no other player has been this year. a difference maker. a player who makes the entire offense change their entire gameplan. no ones been able to run it against them. only clemson tried. teams are pass happy because of him. if you can make a team pass happy, you have a pretty good chance of beating them

You understand that the biggest difference between Terdell and Jamaal is their technique and use of their hands, well outside of three inches. Right now Cody doesn't use his hands and just throws himself through blockers, if he doesn't learn to use his hands he'll at best be Terdell Sands, which isn't terrible, but certainly isn't what you're implying he'll be. Could he learn to use his hands? Sure, but right now he doesn't and until I see him doing so I'll hold it against him as a prospect. Taylor doesn't have his size, but is just as powerful and uses his hands a lot better and is much more worthy of a first round pick at this point.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 11:39 PM
that may be true. cody gets in the backfield more than you would expect and hes `a better athlete than both. i can totally accept your reasoning on why he may not be a first rd pick at this point. terrence taylor is nowhere close though. hes getting gouged and moved all over the place out there.you cant be an nfl nt when there arte gaping holes every week you made good points until you brought in the terrence taylor comparison. as far as an nfl nt. theres no comparison. not on the field, or athletically. if the worst thing that can be said about a nt is that they are fat and maybe need technique and they are still dominant in the games that bodes pretty well for cody

giantsfan
10-06-2008, 01:22 AM
that may be true. cody gets in the backfield more than you would expect and hes `a better athlete than both. i can totally accept your reasoning on why he may not be a first rd pick at this point. terrence taylor is nowhere close though. hes getting gouged and moved all over the place out there.you cant be an nfl nt when there arte gaping holes every week you made good points until you brought in the terrence taylor comparison. as far as an nfl nt. theres no comparison. not on the field, or athletically. if the worst thing that can be said about a nt is that they are fat and maybe need technique and they are still dominant in the games that bodes pretty well for cody

Cody doesn't maybe need technique, he does, he just barells into blockers and pushes his way through which is fine and loveable in college, but just won't work on a consistent basis in the NFL and while leave him exhausted even if he was in shape to handle heavy snaps, which he isn't. Taylor uses his hands better and is quicker than Cody while having enough strength to handle NFL blockers, he'll adjust quickly and seemlessly, cody will be horribly inconsistent and unreliable for a while early in his NFL career if he doesn't start working on his hands quick.

CroomDawgs
10-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Cody is a 4th-5th rounder at best. He'd be a 3-4 dtrictly and only two I can think of have been first rounders in Wilfork and Hampton, and they were both good athletes as well as great players. Cody has horrible conditioning and based of his waddling after kentucky's running back this weekend I think a 5.5 40 is what he'd run. As for him dominating college centers you really think he could do that in the NFL? hell no. Cody will be a 4th-5th rounder unless he sheds about 20-30 pounds and becomes much better conditioned. He wieghs like what 370-380 340 is good for a 3-4 DT

STARHEATHER
10-07-2008, 08:18 PM
pretty much everywhere you look these days, hes a rd 1 pick. it was only a matter of time. just like i prophesied several weeks ago. hes the most dominant player in college football right now, and the highest mover up the boards of any player this year. the first time someone sees him do a 360 thats going to be enough. that and his domination in the games. im sold. i saw him vs clemson i thoght maybe it was a fluke. but every game this year hes dleivered the goods at an elite level for his position. he hasnt played poorly or average in any game. hes been dominant every time out on the field, and their unti has been highly succesful. hes making them a better team. and thats what elte players do. make their team better, and fulfill their own duties and excel in their personal responsibilities. hes going to make some team immediately better. he may not be a top 10 pick thats fine. hes going to be one of the 10 best players in this draft.

jnew76
10-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Reminds me of

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/arc/image/bearsc12/brown.jpg

STARHEATHER
10-07-2008, 08:31 PM
he does. same square torso and tree trunk legs. whats so exciting is hes a better athlete.

Bruce Banner
10-07-2008, 08:33 PM
he does. same square torso and tree trunk legs. whats so exciting is hes a better athlete.

and that 360 dunk, right?

STARHEATHER
10-07-2008, 08:39 PM
so they say. i havent seen it yet live. i may soil myself if its actually true. the laws of physics would seem to deem it impossible. i think its pretty much he can throw down a regular one, which shows much higher than average athleticism. most 360 lb men likely couldnt get more than a few inches off the ground. at 6 5 youre looking at 30 inches + of vert to be able to throw one down. if he can really do the 360, i mean youre looking at 36+ maybe + by a lot

Bruce Banner
10-07-2008, 08:41 PM
so they say. i havent seen it yet live. i may soil myself if its actually true. the laws of physics would seem to deem it impossible. i think its pretty much he can throw down a regular one, which shows much higher than average athleticism. most 360 lb men likely couldnt get more than a few inches off the ground. at 6 5 youre looking at 30 inches + of vert to be able to throw one down. if he can really do the 360, i mean youre looking at 36+ maybe + by a lot

6'5 + long ass arms = less than a 30 inch vertical needed to dunk

D-Unit
10-07-2008, 08:43 PM
pretty much everywhere you look these days, hes a rd 1 pick. it was only a matter of time. just like i prophesied several weeks ago. hes the most dominant player in college football right now, and the highest mover up the boards of any player this year. the first time someone sees him do a 360 thats going to be enough. that and his domination in the games. im sold. i saw him vs clemson i thoght maybe it was a fluke. but every game this year hes dleivered the goods at an elite level for his position. he hasnt played poorly or average in any game. hes been dominant every time out on the field, and their unti has been highly succesful. hes making them a better team. and thats what elte players do. make their team better, and fulfill their own duties and excel in their personal responsibilities. hes going to make some team immediately better. he may not be a top 10 pick thats fine. hes going to be one of the 10 best players in this draft.
when did you first bring up his name here? find the post.

STARHEATHER
10-07-2008, 08:48 PM
i would say to get high enough to get the ball over he rim youre looking at 30+. you dont see anyone doing 360 jumping less than 36. you need those extra inches not because of the measure but because of the hang time. it may not be 30 maesured but you need that extra hang time to get the ball over the rim. terrence cody. hang time. he has hang time.

CLong4Heisman
10-07-2008, 08:53 PM
i would say to get high enough to get the ball over he rim youre looking at 30+. you dont see anyone doing 360 jumping less than 36. you need those extra inches not because of the measure but because of the hang time. it may not be 30 maesured but you need that extra hang time to get the ball over the rim. terrence cody. hang time. he has hang time.

That proves that he's athletic. How does that prove that he's a top 10 pick like you say?

Saints-Tigers
10-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Couldn't Walter Thomas backflip at 400 pounds?

I know Cody is a lot better than him, but it means zilch really.

Bruce Banner
10-07-2008, 08:57 PM

Terrence "Hang Time" Cody

Doesn't sound right. :)

STARHEATHER
10-07-2008, 09:01 PM
becuase hes dominating on the field as well as being an athletic freak. he has perfect nt pedigree. probably the best prospect ever at the position. that doesnt mean hes going to be the best nt ever. but as far as sheer bulk and athletcism and ability to obliterate the run game ive never seen it done at the college level. just his presence dters the running game. hes one of those that has the potetial to take the position to the next level in its evolution. worst case hes going to be a high level run clogger and that in its own right is enough. but when you factor his supreme athleticism and what hes been doing in the games in looks and the scheme hes playing in perfectly fits him, all the ingredients seem to be coming together for a potential great one. but at worst hes going to help you stop the run. i see him as a low risk prospect with extreme upside. hes going to be able to do the required and could possibly do the great. i think thats all you can hope for in a prospect

Bruce Banner
10-07-2008, 09:06 PM
the best prospect ever at the position

Have you seen every prospect? Because to make that claim you would have to have seen all of them.

keylime_5
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
becuase hes dominating on the field as well as being an athletic freak. he has perfect nt pedigree. probably the best prospect ever at the position. that doesnt mean hes going to be the best nt ever. but as far as sheer bulk and athletcism and ability to obliterate the run game ive never seen it done at the college level. just his presence dters the running game. hes one of those that has the potetial to take the position to the next level in its evolution. worst case hes going to be a high level run clogger and that in its own right is enough. but when you factor his supreme athleticism and what hes been doing in the games in looks and the scheme hes playing in perfectly fits him, all the ingredients seem to be coming together for a potential great one. but at worst hes going to help you stop the run. i see him as a low risk prospect with extreme upside. hes going to be able to do the required and could possibly do the great. i think thats all you can hope for in a prospect

the guy just uses size and strength to overpower linemen who are nearly 100 lbs. smaller than he is and doesn't worry about anything else that will translate to the NFL. He's like a WR who is so fast in college that he doesn't worry about running routes or catching the ball with his hands. right now he looks like a 2nd or 3rd round guy at best and is so one dimensional and a 2 down player for only a 3-4 defense.

SuperKevin
10-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Terrence Cody=Gilbert Brown

STARHEATHER
10-07-2008, 10:12 PM
gilbert brown was worth a rd 1 pick. he could be better. has all the tools

D-Unit
10-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I like Cody a lot, but right now I'd say he's more Refrigerator Perry than Gilbert Brown. Brown was strong as an ox. Cody has more fat to burn and more muscle to build before I call him Gilbert Brown.

ThaU4Life
10-07-2008, 10:30 PM

Best prospect ever??? Dorsey,Ngata,Wilfork were all better prospects and that's just in the last couple years. If Cody doesn't lose a lot of weight he's going to get worn down very quickly in the NFL.

CroomDawgs
10-08-2008, 12:40 AM

BEST PROSPECT EVER????

Ok can you please do me a favor and stop posting? I come to these forums looking for good research/opinions not ego-maniacs who haven't the slightest clue what they are saying

giantsfan
10-08-2008, 01:02 AM

He has perfect NT Pedigree? You mean great stamina, bulk and planting strength as well as the technique and ability to use your hands to keep double teams from swarming you in the NFL?

What are you trying to say with obliterating against the run? That he's able to outmuscle college kids who are a good 80 pounds lighter than him by running into them?

By the position do you mean three-four nose tackle? If so are you just ignoring Wilfork and Hampton to support your argument or did you just not get a chance to watch them? Hell I'd say William Joseph was a better NT prospect, it's debateable if he's even in the top 5 and that's assuming he shows up at the combine in great shape and is able to use his hands and show teams that with time he'll learn that.

Right now he has the potential to be a physical marvel who just isn't able to out beast people consistently and has poor conditioning. He looks the part in college, but you've got to realize how much more technique is an issue at the next level. You seem offended when I compare him to Terdell Sands, but really both where physical freaks who were able to succeed at the college level on pure talent. There's more to being a success in the NFL than having the physical attributes of an elite player.

There's certainly low risk if you get him in the third and are convinced in his conditioning, but he certainly has a huge chance of busting if you take him with the expectation he'll be able to dominate early or contribute heavily early. Until he takes better care of himself and learns to use his hands to help him get blockers off him and from letting them exhaust him by just throwing him around he'll have a huge potential to bust as DT and the nose especially is really tough to transition to the NFL level because in the NFL everyone can get their hands on you and if you just try to push your shoulder through them double teams will eat you alive and exhaust you.

jnew76
10-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Terrence Cody=Gilbert Brown

Where did you ever get that comparison? Did you peek back one page?

Saints-Tigers
10-08-2008, 01:29 AM
It's not fair to compare him to Gilbert Brown... do you realize who Gilbert's dad was?

Bad, Bad Leroy Brown,
The baddest man in the old down town.

Not only was he badder than old King Kong, but I hear he was meaner than a junkyard dog.

Gilbert grew up in Detroit with parents Leroy and Ann Brown

MarioPalmer
10-08-2008, 02:11 AM
I like the potential of him, but he needs to lose weight by the bucket loads. He is fat, it's not all muscle and he needs to put himself on a serious diet that has people that watch what he eats and his calorie intake everyday. Like I said, he has potential, but if he is another Mike Williams (OT Texas #4 Overall) then he will fail miserably. Mike Williams was supposed to be this unbeleavable force that was going to move mountains in the running game. Teams just ran around him because he was too fat and out of shape.

Cody would have to get down to 325lbs. and then could gain his weight back to 350lbs. He can't play at 380 or 400 pounds, it won't work, if it did guys like J.Williams woudl play at that weight. Shaun Rogers would play at that weight, but they lose the weight so that they are more valuable and better conditioned to make an impact all game long and not just for the first half.

Also, I don't think guys like Samson Satele, Olin Kruetz and Nick Mangold care very much how heavy their opponent is, they will still own fat guys the way they own little tackles. So he better perfect his hand placment, explosive first step, and agility. Unless he proves to be more than just a fat guy playing NT and shows some sort of rushing moves then he won't be drafted any higher than the 3rd.

Wilfork, Hampton, Rogers, Ngata, Jenkins and Williams all showed more than this kid in college. They all showed the ability to not just anchor against the run, but also provide not an adequate pass rush but be more than dominant against the pass and not just against the run. Cody doesn't show that. Or at least not yet. He must show that in college his has at least enough athletic ability to play the pass as well. Not just be a big guy that clogs running lanes. He must show some sort of explosivness and a quick first step that will help him beat guards and centers, he must make better use of his hands instead of just leaning into his opponents. Basically Cody has a ways to go.

A player I like is Jerrel Powe of Ol'Miss. 6'2 340lbs. and has the athleticism to be not only an anchor for a 3-4 but a run stuffing DT in a 4-3. Give him a look if you catch any Rebels games. His number is 57 or 52, I can't remember. He shows explosion, strength and great hand use. He is finally getting a chance to play after 3 years of fighting the NCAA for his learning disability. He can declare whenever, but he won't till at least 2010. By then he will be 23 or 24 and he will have hopefully polished his play.

STARHEATHER
10-08-2008, 12:31 PM
casey hampton doesnt have great stamina. from a pure physical size/athleticism combo perspective, id say hes the best prospect ever. that doesnt mean hes the best player or going to be the best. he is a genetic miracle. hes a prospect in the hampton ngata wilfork type talent area. hes going to be able to clog run lanes and eat two gaps. thats pretty much a given. so he can perform nfl duties. he has the potential and physical ability to be an elite player. i cant believe i saw glenn dorsey in the same sentence as ngata, cody, wilfork. i think you need to check those rushing stats. they show dominance. the wrong kind. like dead last. not just by a little bit either.

D-Unit
10-08-2008, 02:12 PM
casey hampton doesnt have great stamina. from a pure physical size/athleticism combo perspective, id say hes the best prospect ever. that doesnt mean hes the best player or going to be the best. he is a genetic miracle. hes a prospect in the hampton ngata wilfork type talent area. hes going to be able to clog run lanes and eat two gaps. thats pretty much a given. so he can perform nfl duties. he has the potential and physical ability to be an elite player. i cant believe i saw glenn dorsey in the same sentence as ngata, cody, wilfork. i think you need to check those rushing stats. they show dominance. the wrong kind. like dead last. not just by a little bit either.
Cody is nothing like Hampton, Ngata, or Wilfork. C'mon now. Those guys are real football players who actually have muscular form and actually carry their weight and can run. Cody has average to below average upper body strength, he's slow as hell and can't turn his body around very quickly. He's a big fat man that can run forward and help collapse the pocket, but he's not overly strong and once the play is behind him, he's a complete non factor. He's very raw and needs a lot and I mean A LOT of work to be a quality NFL player. He should get a chance by a team willing to mold him because his size is so rare. The fact that he used to weight 420 pounds scares me.

STARHEATHER
10-08-2008, 02:21 PM
im saying he is. and the #s on the field, and what he does is good evidence. watched him again today. hes an explosive quick twitch athlete in the short area. freakish quickness. hes immovable and always pushes his man backwards and requires doubles if youre going to run at him. i would say hes exactly that type player. thats why i like him so much.and hes has outstanding short area quickness and is quick off the ball. have you ever seen casey hampton or vince wilfork in street clothes "muscular form". right casey hampton. they dont look like greek gods.cody has giant legs and easily moves his weight around. just not fast in a straight line. but laterally in the short area hes very quick. rumor is hes one of the strongest players on the bama team and i havent seen him moved much if at all. im not sure where youre getting your information. are you speculating hes weak?

D-Unit
10-08-2008, 02:31 PM
im saying he is. and the #s on the field, and what he does is good evidence. watched him again today. hes an explosive quick twitch athlete in the short area. freakish quickness. hes immovable and always pushes his man backwards and requires doubles if youre going to run at him. i would say hes exactly that type player. thats why i like him so much.and hes has outstanding short area quickness and is quick off the ball. have you ever seen casey hampton or vince wilfork in street clothes "muscular form". right casey hampton. they dont look like greek gods.cody has giant legs and easily moves his weight around. just not fast in a straight line. but laterally in the short area hes very quick. rumor is hes one of the strongest players on the bama team and i havent seen him moved much if at all. im not sure where youre getting your information. are you speculating hes weak?
No, not saying he's weak. But fat guys can bench a lot of weight naturally. You realize that right? I expect him to bench at least 300, but I wouldn't expect that out of a cornerback... So saying he's one of the strongest guys on the team... not if you put things into perspective.

I wonder if he's also got short arms too.

He doesn't have quick twitch athleticism. haha. That's funny. He can barely turn around. ...and watching him get off the ground to pick himself up is funny too.

He does have a great burst at the LOS... which is why I think he needs to shed more fat and gain more strength. I don't think he's perfect the way he is now... like you do.

He gets tired fast. Saban doesn't even play him a lot.

What I do like about him is that he's willing to improve himself, he's got rare size, he does attract a double team, but not every time as some would make you believe, and he will always fall forward (he's difficult to push back).

I wouldn't say he's as good as Alan Branch was.

STARHEATHER
10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
he has more bulk and better short area quickness than branch. he translates more to nt than branch whos taller and not as girthy. barely turn around? you should rewatch kentucky. he has a couple spin moves in there. they used him on stunts. he sheds blocks with his quickness on multiple occasions. he gets penetration with his quickness. he doesnt just stand there. thats whats so exciting. like i said hes an explosive quick twitch athlete in the short area. believe it or dont believe it. he beats blocks. he doesnt just stand there and clog. thats the exciting part. at that size he can slip blockers and quick penetrate in the backfield, along with eating up 2 gaps.

STARHEATHER
10-08-2008, 02:40 PM
ive never seen him put on the ground by a blocker vs clemson, ga, or ky

CLong4Heisman
10-08-2008, 02:53 PM

So? You dont need to fall down to get dominated. Not saying that he was.

STARHEATHER
10-08-2008, 02:56 PM
well if/when that happens we can talk about it. it hasnt happened yet

CLong4Heisman
10-08-2008, 03:00 PM
well if/when that happens we can talk about it. it hasnt happened yet

You're missing the point. The point is that just because he isnt on the ground, it doesnt mean that he lost the battle.

D-Unit
10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
So just because you haven't seen it, it couldn't have ever happened right?

Besides, that's not what I said. Of course he has to pick himself up off the ground... he's a DT.

D-Unit
10-08-2008, 03:20 PM
he has more bulk and better short area quickness than branch. he translates more to nt than branch whos taller and not as girthy. barely turn around? you should rewatch kentucky. he has a couple spin moves in there. they used him on stunts. he sheds blocks with his quickness on multiple occasions. he gets penetration with his quickness. he doesnt just stand there. thats whats so exciting. like i said hes an explosive quick twitch athlete in the short area. believe it or dont believe it. he beats blocks. he doesnt just stand there and clog. thats the exciting part. at that size he can slip blockers and quick penetrate in the backfield, along with eating up 2 gaps.
He didn't do anything impressive against Kentucky. But it's not not his job to be the playmaker anyways. Kentucky had a pretty good game plan. They tried to do a lot of screens and dump offs over the Bama DL. On their first TD, Cody got bumped at the line and the OL ran right past him to start blocking downfield... Cody barely turned around fast enough to see the TD... he looked so lost in space, but that's expected because he doesn't have good agility.

STARHEATHER
10-08-2008, 03:49 PM
you mean on the screen pass play. i guess thats nt responsibility. doesnt have good agility. right.

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 03:50 PM
He didn't do anything impressive against Kentucky. But it's not not his job to be the playmaker anyways. Kentucky had a pretty good game plan. They tried to do a lot of screens and dump offs over the Bama DL. On their first TD, Cody got bumped at the line and the OL ran right past him to start blocking downfield... Cody barely turned around fast enough to see the TD... he looked so lost in space, but that's expected because he doesn't have good agility.

I thought that he wasn't very impressive in their last too. even in the run game it seemed like he was getting pushed around quite a bit. When Cody plays you don't know if your going to get the guy who dominated agaist Clemson or the Cody that showed up last weekend

STARHEATHER
10-08-2008, 03:51 PM
in the nfl. nose tackles dont play in space

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2008, 12:14 AM
in the nfl. nose tackles dont play in space

Further proving your ignorance.

Two of the best defenses in the NFL, Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Do drop their NT's into a short zone from time to time.

In fact.. the more I think about it.. a fair amount of teams do.

Wasn't there a 1 year wonder from Northeast West South Central Community College last year that only lasted 15 minutes for the Saints?

Cody has limitless potential, but you obviously don't know as much about prospects that you think.

SuperKevin
10-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Further proving your ignorance.

Two of the best defenses in the NFL, Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Do drop their NT's into a short zone from time to time.

In fact.. the more I think about it.. a fair amount of teams do.

Wasn't there a 1 year wonder from Northeast West South Central Community College last year that only lasted 15 minutes for the Saints?

Walter Thomas

Paranoidmoonduck
10-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Thing about Walter Thomas is that he was never even a decent football player, but he was new enough to the sport and mobile enough at that size that he generated some buzz.

Cody has at least looked inconsistently disruptive in top level amateur football.

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Thing about Walter Thomas is that he was never even a decent football player, but he was new enough to the sport and mobile enough at that size that he generated some buzz.

Cody has at least looked inconsistently disruptive in top level amateur football.

but the thing is.. he's going to need to get in some shape.. He's literally going to need to drop 30-40ish pounds and re-add it as good weight.

He's not going to find many 270-290lb OLine man that he cane just run over in the pro's.

STARHEATHER
10-09-2008, 11:26 PM
im sorry. i havent seen casey hampton drop in coverage. whos he going to cover? now terrence cody cant drop off in pass coverage. ill make sure ill put that in the minus column. along with his supposed inability to make tackles in all that open space nose tackles are flying around in all day

STARHEATHER
10-09-2008, 11:28 PM
when a screen gets busted. its generally the responsibility of the nt. hes supposed to drop off and cover the back

CLong4Heisman
10-10-2008, 01:26 PM
im sorry. i havent seen casey hampton drop in coverage. whos he going to cover? now terrence cody cant drop off in pass coverage. ill make sure ill put that in the minus column. along with his supposed inability to make tackles in all that open space nose tackles are flying around in all day

good ones make tackles in open spaces. Dropping in coverage doesnt mean man to man, if a player is big enough he can disrupt routes by his prescense.
If you watched a football game you might realize that.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-10-2008, 08:29 PM
but the thing is.. he's going to need to get in some shape.. He's literally going to need to drop 30-40ish pounds and re-add it as good weight.

He's not going to find many 270-290lb OLine man that he cane just run over in the pro's.

I'm not sure I see whole lot of what we'd call "bad weight" on Cody, not for how deep he has gotten into the backfield and for how mobile he is. I'm also not sure I see another Ted Washington, but at least he's displayed more mobility and power than your average college nosetackle.

STARHEATHER
10-10-2008, 10:00 PM
his base. his legs are massive. hes not top heavy. hes a quick twitch athlete in the short area. great burst and quickness for his size.

adschofield
10-10-2008, 10:02 PM
He's fat...He reminds me of a manatee

STARHEATHER
10-10-2008, 10:16 PM
well if thats the best you can come up with i feel good about the future prospects of cody. ive heard fat and cant cover. not really negatives for nt.

CashmoneyDrew
10-10-2008, 10:20 PM
well if thats the best you can come up with i feel good about the future prospects of cody. ive heard fat and cant cover. not really negatives for nt.

Uh, he also has very little actual developed technique. He's not gonna be able to just blow through O-lineman in the NFL because of his weight.

STARHEATHER
10-10-2008, 10:23 PM
and you know this how. hes seems pretty effective. sheds blocks, gets in the backfield. im not sure where these technique problems info is coming from

CashmoneyDrew
10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
and you know this how. hes seems pretty effective. sheds blocks, gets in the backfield. im not sure where these technique problems info is coming from

Ummm, by watching him play. Maybe you should try that sometime.

Bama9507
02-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Apparently he is looking to lose another 20 pounds. I think if he does he will be a stud.

SenorGato
02-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Apparently he is looking to lose another 20 pounds. I think if he does he will be a stud.

Just the fact that he stayed another year with Saban makes me see him in a different light. He could be the best DT prospect since Ngata.

Bama9507
02-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Just the fact that he stayed another year with Saban makes me see him in a different light. He could be the best DT prospect since Ngata.

You are correct. The best player I have EVER seen in the SEC. I can't wait to see him go #1 overall next year.

OneToughGame
02-06-2009, 01:50 PM
You are correct. The best player I have EVER seen in the SEC. I can't wait to see him go #1 overall next year.

Rofl.. Little to much homerism here.

draftguru151
02-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Mythbuster is back.

Malaka
02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Mythbuster is back.

lol...

IMO, Terrence Cody will easily be a 1st round pick next year, but whether it is in the top or bottom half I don't know what is up to him.