PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Williams WR Penn State

BuckDawg23
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
What do you guys think of Williams as an NFL WR? What round do you think he goes in?

thule
09-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't feel like going into it again...but here is some prior stuff about him.

linky (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24721&highlight=derrick+williams)

MaxV
09-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Well he had a great game vs. Illinois, showing great athleticism.

But as a WR, he's still raw. His route running need work.

underscore
09-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Of all the critiquing I would find for Williams, route running wouldn't be one of them.

MaxV
09-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Of all the critiquing I would find for Williams, route running wouldn't be one of them.

I disagree. His hands are good, his speed is definitely there, he has good leaping ability and solid size (though not very physical).

If he could run routes like Jordan Norwood, he would EASILY be a 1st round prospect.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
09-29-2008, 04:36 PM
DC baby!!!! Well MD...But close enough...

But he might do OK in the league...Penn St shoulda kept him at CB

underscore
09-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Williams was never a CB. He was mostly a QB in high school and was recruited strictly as a WR.

Jordan Norwood runs better routes than most WRs in the country, so it's tough to use him as an example.

Williams has average hands (see the Syracuse game) and has never been consistent. Sometimes it looks like he's got a 50 lb weight on his shoulder, as he'll easily get chased down, or make a juke on a guy, but not get anywhere. Yet others he'll blow guys away (see his KO return vs. Illinois) and scamper right around guys.

He's done a lot of great things for PSU, but he just hasn't gotten any better since his FR year.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
09-29-2008, 06:04 PM
lol...I played against the dude man...He played CB and QB...he was a beast at CB though

underscore
09-29-2008, 08:33 PM
But he was never a CB prospect though. He was offense and WR all the way.

illmatic74
09-30-2008, 12:24 AM
But he was never a CB prospect though. He was offense and WR all the way.
He played QB and CB in high school and recruiting service listed him as an ath.