PDA

View Full Version : Titans 2009 Draft/Offseason Thread

Pages : [1] 2

CashmoneyDrew
09-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Back by popular demand! (TitanHope's that is)

We are done with September games and the Titans are looking down right durrrrrty.... We could be in for a deep playoff run if we keep it up. But, it's never to early to start looking towards the next draft. Anyways, here are my top needs by position for the coming draft/offseason.

1) Cornerback- Most non-titan and even some Titans fans would think WR is our number one need. I think it's CB. Nick Harper is in the last year of his contract and is in his mid 30's. Eric King has looked nice in limited action and Chris Carr has some upside. But even if one of our backups step up we need depth bad. Reynaldo Hill is Terrible and who knows how Cary Williams will turn out.

2) Wide Receiver- Same as always. The WR's look a little better with Collins in but they still make some mistakes. We should only sign a WR that can be a go-to. We have plenty of #2's and #3's.

3) Tight End- Hear me out. Alge Crumpler has done nothing so far this year. Neither has Craig Stevens and he's more of a blocker anyways. Bo Scaife would be an excellent number 2 IMO. Like WR I only think we should go TE if we can get a go-to TE. Brandon Pettigrew or Jermaine Gresham at the end of round one. Something like that.

4) Defensive Line- Jevon Kearse has looked good so far this season but he's getting old. William Hayes and Jacob Ford seem more like situational pass rushers. The coaches are entent on playing Jason Jones at tackle. More of a run-down type DE is needed. DT becomes a need only if we don'r resign Albert Haynesworth.

5) Wildcard- Center, Backup QB, or Punter. Those guys are getting old as well. This need will probably be O-Line Depth.

MicktheGreat
09-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Right now, I'd rank them:

1. CB
Finnegan's a stud; however, the depth after him is pretty lackluster. Both Harper and King are solid, but neither make opposing QBs worry. With Harper getting up there in age (and really being more of a zone-coverage guy anyway) and King being more of a nickel-back, the Titans really need to address this need -- either in FA or early in the draft.

2. WR
This is high on the list every year, and every year the Titans do little to address the problem. In some sense, I think the problem here is the exact opposite of our CB problem -- lots of depth here but no stud. Gage has shown that he can be a good #2-calibur WR, Hawkins showed promise in the preseason, and McCareins/Jones are decent depth. However, there's no one on the team that demands double-coverage.

Unfortunately, probably because of past failures, this staff seems hesitant to pull the trigger on a WR. Personally, I'd love to see the Titans pursue someone like Roy Williams, Anquan Boldin, or Lee Evans this offseason -- a veteran WR who can stretch the field and be a legit concern for opposing defenses.

3. DL
Much depends on Albert Haynesworth. If we keep him, this position goes down a little bit on the list. If we lose him, this position skyrockets to #1 concern in my opinion. Assuming Haynesworth stays, the Titans could still use some help at DE -- where Kearse and Ford are OK but neither contribute much against the run. I'd love to see a stout DE (Jason Jones type) in there for early downs and Kearse/Ford/Hayes in on passing situations.

4. QB
At some point, the Titans have to seriously ask: Is VY going to ever be what we envisioned him to be -- a franchise-calibur QB? If so, the Titans will need to make sure to do more to help him succeed (in terms of building an offense to his strengths, not his weakness & bringing in legit WR talent). If not, then the Titans can't hope to rely on Collins for more than another year or two. Personally, I'd like to see the Titans draft a mid-round guy with potential.

5. MLB
Again, at some point, the Titans have to seriously address this position. As it stands, Tulloch is athletic & fast, but he can't seem to master the nuances of the game (tackling angles, shedding blocks, etc.). Fowler has a better grasp of some of these technical nuances, but he's often too slow to make a play. Both Tulloch & Fowler, I think, would make excellent backup LBs; however, I don't see either of them being true starters on a consistent basis.

CashmoneyDrew
10-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm officially lobbying for this thread to be stickied, and the old thread be unstickied.

thule
10-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Just curious from a Titans fans perspective....I notice you guys mention "if" Haynesworth isn't resigned...blah blah blah.

From what you guys are hearing is this even a possibility of happening after this season?

Is his price going to be too high to bring back?

aNYtitan
10-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Just curious from a Titans fans perspective....I notice you guys mention "if" Haynesworth isn't resigned...blah blah blah.

From what you guys are hearing is this even a possibility of happening after this season?

Is his price going to be too high to bring back?
Probably not, he is definitely going to become the highest paid defensive player after this season topping Jared Allen's contract of $72.36 million over 6 years. From what I know, we do have plenty of salary cap to use, so he should be resigned without a doubt. Whether we go after anyone else is the question

CashmoneyDrew
10-05-2008, 12:51 AM
We should definitely have the money to resign him. My only qualm is our GM is known to be frugal with cap money, so I'm kind of worried they'll think the money is more important, and that we'll have the talent to take over for Haynesworth.

aNYtitan
10-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Alright guys, not to hijack this board, but I am hoping that you guys will let me use this board to post up the Titans 2009 Draft Board for this long mock draft that is currently being organized. I'll try to keep this current, and will listen to your opinions, as I am concerned about the cornerback depth and quality of our wide receivers. Also, I was wondering if one other poster, would wish to be my assistant GM on this mock. Once again, like I said, this mock is going all the way up to the week before the actual draft

TitanHope
10-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Teh threadz has been stickied! Allz your posts belongz to me!!!

Feel free to fill us in on your picks, NY titan!

MicktheGreat
11-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Now that we're about halfway through the season, has your opinion about what we need to draft changed at all???

As of right now, I'd rank our needs:
1. DE
I've been saying for a long time that we need someone opposite KVB who can play tough against the run on 1st & 2nd down -- something that none of our current DEs (Kearse, Ford, Ball, & Hayes) seem capable of doing on a consistent basis.

2. CB
I don't think anyone knew that Finnegan was going to play this well; however, I'd like to see us bring in a young, talented CB to start opposite him. Harper's OK; but he's getting older and was never much of a man-to-man cover guy anyway. King's an interesting player to watch, but I think he's better suited for the nickel job.

3. DT
The big key to our offseason rests on Albert Haynesworth. If we get him back, then the DT concern become greatly reduced. If we lose him, then I think DT becomes our #1 priority. Tony Brown is solid, and Jason Jones has potential; but they both benefit greatly from having AH playing next to them.

4. WR
Brandon Jones has been playing better lately and may actually be back next season. I think Lavelle Hawkins looks like a solid #2-calibur WR. Gage has had a bad case of the drops this season; however, given his play last season, I'm willing to chalk this up to his recurring injuries this season. McCareins doesn't really impress me and Paul Williams looks like an absolute bust. Will the Titans draft a WR early in this draft? I think they just might if someone whom they see as a playmaker (ala Chris Johnson) falls to them.

5. LB
With Keith Bulluck and David Thornton getting older, I'd like to see us invest in the future at this position. I like what I see with Tulloch's progression; but it'll be interesting to see if they keep him at MLB or make him the heir apparent at OLB. Either way, I think we need to bring in another LB to develop.

6. OL
We'll draft a mid-to-late round O-Lineman (probably OG or C) and Munchak will develop him into a solid player.

All in all, I think there's a small chance that we go WR in the 1st round if there's a real "playmaker" available. Otherwise, I think we spend a lot of our picks shoring up the already good defense.

CashmoneyDrew
11-04-2008, 09:57 PM
1) CB
2) WR (only if we get a stud, no more mid-rounders)
3) DE
4) OLB
5) DT (definitely jumps if fat al leaves)
6) OL depth
7) QB
8) P

TitanHope
11-06-2008, 02:04 AM
My opinion...

1) KR/PR

I've noted in the past that I thought an explosive returner was one of the two phases this team lacks. Chris Carr has done well this season, but he's not PacMan Jones by any stretch. During VY's rookie season, PacMan's electric returns just made the VY magic amplify. Momentum was gained, and then VY, along with help from Travis Henry, took over.

How many 3-and-outs does our defense force? How many touches does the returner get? Carr has returned a punt or kickoff 34 times. In contrast, Bo Scaife has 32 catches. So that's a fairly good amount of touches, and someone who can make plays with them would be add a dimention to this team to truly make it Super Bowl caliber.

Fortunately, the majority of returners are WR's and CB's, two of our needs. Personally, I prefer a WR that can add speed to the WR corps.

Notable candidates: Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin, Derrick Williams, Brandon Tate, Juaquin Iglesias.

Obviously if a stud like Crabtree or Heyward-Bey is available, nad him.

More to come later...I ramble too much...

TitanHope
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Scott Wright's Mock Draft was updated. As usual, the Titans pick was copy/pasted from the last one...and the one before that...

We've had Maclin and Harvin so far this year. We had nothing but WR's last year, and the year before that.

With the way Scott went off last year over the Titans not drafting a WR, I wonder if this is a step over being stubborn. Surely there are more logical picks than Percy Harvin for a run-heavy, ball-control offense.

CashmoneyDrew
11-11-2008, 09:02 PM
My darkhorse is Jermaine Gresham right now. I haven't really been impressed with Alge Crumpler this season. Bo Scaife has stepped up, but Jermaine Gresham + Bo Scaife is a deadly TE combo. And at this point I figure any position is more likely than a WR when it comes to the Titans in the first round. However, I don't really expect him to still be available when the Titans pick.

TitanHope
11-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Bo Scaife has been for us what I thought Crumpler would be.

I'm hesitant on TE in the Draft. Scaife has been great, and Stevens was taken last year. I'd still love to get David Thomas from New England somehow...

TitanHope
11-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Anyway, to delve into other positions...

2) Defensive Line/MIKE

I think we are set at DT, even if Haynesworth stays or goes. It will suck if we lose him, but I think our DEF has evolved from last season. They're no longer dependant on AH to be successful. We'll probably bring in someone later in the Draft or FA for depth. No DT in this Draft is comparable to AH, so lets hope we can land Marvin Austin in '10.

We can never have enough good DE's. KVB is a mainstay, but the other spots are up in the air. Kearse is on a 1-year deal, I think. I hope he stays. Dave Ball has been a great find, and I hope he stays. Ford and Hayes are projects, but look promising. Thats 5 DE's, but I wouldn't mind having at least 6. If a stud somehow drops to us, I hope we nab him.

Aaron Curry, Rey Maualuga, or James Laurinitis will hopefully be available when we pick. If neither of them are, then disregard MIKE.

3) Corner

I think Harper has played great this season, and believe Eric King is our future #2. Nevertheless, some think that King is best served at NB, and a CB needs to be drafted a groomed to take over for Harper. Plus, King and Vincent Fuller are FA's, so they may get an opportunity with better pay somewhere else. I hope we keep both guys though. My preferred CB is D.J. Moore, as he has return skills. Overall, I think this is a 2nd-3rd RD need.

CashmoneyDrew
11-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I would love for us to sign an elite player this offseason at one of our two biggest needs (CB: Nnamdi Asomugha?) and then use our 1st and 2nd to trade up higher in the first for a chance at a great young prospect like Crabtree. We're going to have a decent amount of compensatory picks anyways. I can dream can't I?

TitanHope
11-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Aso would be awesome. Crabtree would be amazing. Using that money to keep Haynesworth would be amazingly awesome!

Lets not get greedy. We already have one of the best young CB's in the league in Finny, and one of the best young FS's with Griff. AH is priority as there are maybe 3 or 4 DT's with his ability (Haynesworth, Kris Jenkins, Haloti Ngata, & Shaun Rogers).

Personally, I think considering all circumstances, Finny is the best CB in the NFL this season - even better than Aso.

CashmoneyDrew
11-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah but damn, that could be one of the best secondaries ever.
CB- Cortland Finnegan
CB- Nnamdi Asomugha
FS- Mike Griffin
SS- Chris Hope

I get all hot and bothered just daydreaming about it!

TitanHope
11-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Add in Eric King at NB, and we have the best secondary played by humans in the history of football in the known and unknown universe!!!

stephenson86
11-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Aso is shut down on madden, which is impossible to be shutdown on, therfore by process of deduction aso is god...woah

draft wise i think we need to take a stud WR finall, i love percy harvin, hes a gamebreaker which is what we need

i also like sen'derrick marks but on because of that name

smittyjs
11-16-2008, 01:04 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2135/2037376922_478a19396d.jpg?v=0

CashmoneyDrew
11-16-2008, 01:13 AM
DJ Moore is a beast.

Race for the Heisman
11-23-2008, 07:29 PM
So if the Titans are picking at 32, which is where the power rankings say they will be, although much could change, and the following players were still available, which would you want?

Jeremy Maclin
Percy Harvin
Kenny Britt

James Laurinaitis

George Selvie

D.J. Moore
Trevard Lindley
Mike Mickens

CashmoneyDrew
11-23-2008, 09:21 PM
So if the Titans are picking at 32, which is where the power rankings say they will be, although much could change, and the following players were still available, which would you want?

Jeremy Maclin
Percy Harvin
Kenny Britt

James Laurinaitis

George Selvie

D.J. Moore
Trevard Lindley
Mike Mickens

Anyone in bold for me.

TitanHope
11-23-2008, 11:08 PM
1) Jeremy Maclin
2a) D.J. Moore
2b) George Selvie
4) James Laurinitis
5) Kenny Britt

That's my top 5. Maclin would give us a receiver with speed, and be our most electric returner since PacMan. Me and VDM have been on the DJ Moore bandwagon for a while - he's a great tackler who can makes plays on the ball and return on special teams. You can never have enough great DE's, and Selvie would thrive on our DL. Laurinitis would solve our problems at MLB, and Kenny Britt has looked impressive this season.

TitanHope
11-24-2008, 05:37 AM
I've put together my positional Big Board for the first 2 RD's!

Wide Receiver
1st RD Tier
Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland
Jeremy Maclin, Missouri
Kenny Britt, Rutgers

2nd RD Tier
Derrick Williams, Penn State
Brandon Tate, North Carolina

Tight End
1st RD Tier
Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma

2nd RD Tier
Cornelius Ingram, Florida
Chase Coffman, Missouri
Travis Beckum, Wisconsin

Guard
1st RD Tier
Duke Robinson, Oklahoma

Defensive End
1st RD Tier
Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech
Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
George Selvie, South Florida

2nd RD Tier
Tyson Jackson, LSU
Matt Shaughnessy, Wisconsin
Cody Brown, UConn

Defensive Tackle
1st RD Tier
Peria Jerry, Ole Miss

2nd RD Tier
Evander Hood, Missouri
Terrance Taylor, Michigan
Fili Moala, USC

Middle Linebacker
1st RD Tier
Brandon Spikes, Florida
James Laurinitis, Ohio State

2nd RD Tier
Darry Beckwith, LSU
Dannell Ellerbe, Georgia
Scott McKillop, Pittsburgh

Corner
1st RD Tier
D.J. Moore

That's it for now. Every position listed are what I believe are needs, and aren't listed in any particular order. Players listed are the ones that I've seen available (or at least in the near vacinity) at our picks on mocks in the Mock Draft forum, and they're ranked by tiers in order of my current preferrance. I'll probably delve deeper into CB as I learn more about the other CB's.

Thoughts?

smittyjs
11-24-2008, 09:56 AM
I've put together my positional Big Board for the first 2 RD's!

Wide Receiver
1st RD Tier
Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland
Jeremy Maclin, Missouri
Kenny Britt, Rutgers

2nd RD Tier
Derrick Williams, Penn State
Brandon Tate, North Carolina

Tight End
1st RD Tier
Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma

2nd RD Tier
Cornelius Ingram, Florida
Chase Coffman, Missouri
Travis Beckum, Wisconsin

Guard
1st RD Tier
Duke Robinson, Oklahoma

Defensive End
1st RD Tier
Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech
Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
George Selvie, South Florida

2nd RD Tier
Tyson Jackson, LSU
Matt Shaughnessy, Wisconsin
Cody Brown, UConn

Defensive Tackle
1st RD Tier
Peria Jerry, Ole Miss

2nd RD Tier
Evander Hood, Missouri
Terrance Taylor, Michigan
Fili Moala, USC

Middle Linebacker
1st RD Tier
Brandon Spikes, Florida
James Laurinitis, Ohio State

2nd RD Tier
Darry Beckwith, LSU
Dannell Ellerbe, Georgia
Scott McKillop, Pittsburgh

Corner
1st RD Tier
D.J. Moore

That's it for now. Every position listed are what I believe are needs, and aren't listed in any particular order. Players listed are the ones that I've seen available (or at least in the near vacinity) at our picks on mocks in the Mock Draft forum, and they're ranked by tiers in order of my current preferrance. I'll probably delve deeper into CB as I learn more about the other CB's.

Thoughts?
I like it :), I'm not that big on taking a LB early, and DT, as everyone already said is really only a big need if fat albert goes.
So i like the draft to look like this...
1st round: DJ moore
2nd Round: Tyson Jackson

Or
1st Round:Jemery Maclin
2nd Round: Tyson jackson

CashmoneyDrew
11-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Everyone already knows how badly I want DJ Moore, but unfortunately I see him being taken around 18-22 which will be out of our reach unless we trade up.

TitanHope
11-24-2008, 09:43 PM
I like it , I'm not that big on taking a LB early, and DT, as everyone already said is really only a big need if fat albert goes.

I'd almost rank MIKE as our #1 need on the defensive side of the ball, and that was made evident against the Jets. Tulloch has all the tools, but gets out of position too easily (a big reason why Leon Washington had that one huge run). Fowler has the instincts and knowledge, but isn't a playmaker.

I know I wanted Tulloch out there over Fowler, but at least Fowler was consistent. Our run defense is very streaky with Tulloch trying to shed blocks. If Schwartz leaves for a HC gig, then perhaps his successor will value the MLB position.

aNYtitan
12-02-2008, 10:43 PM
What would it take to try and even get into a position to draft Crabtree? Would a "Ricky Williams draft day trade" be needed? I'm just wondering whether that injury affects him at all and he drops. He has to be the number one player on the draft board even though we have no shot of getting him in the position we are at now.

Also, MIKE is a high need since Tulloch would be a spot starter on other teams. Unfortunately, the Cover 2 def we run puts little stock in having a good MLB. I think and have been hoping that we do improve the position

CashmoneyDrew
12-03-2008, 04:06 PM
What would it take to try and even get into a position to draft Crabtree? Would a "Ricky Williams draft day trade" be needed? I'm just wondering whether that injury affects him at all and he drops. He has to be the number one player on the draft board even though we have no shot of getting him in the position we are at now.

Also, MIKE is a high need since Tulloch would be a spot starter on other teams. Unfortunately, the Cover 2 def we run puts little stock in having a good MLB. I think and have been hoping that we do improve the position

D.J. Moore or bust son!

TitanHope
12-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Dunno if MR will trade up. He values picks, and it'd be out of the FO's nature to do so.

Like usual, he'll probably just wait to see who falls, and draft a stud like he did with Griffin and CJ.

CashmoneyDrew
12-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Dunno if MR will trade up. He values picks, and it'd be out of the FO's nature to do so.

Like usual, he'll probably just wait to see who falls, and draft a stud like he did with Griffin and CJ.

Or Chris Henry, Paul Williams, or William Hayes! :eek:

jk (hopefully)

TitanHope
12-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Hey, at least the 1st RD picks worked out! :D

Michael Griffin and Jacob Ford seem to be the only bright spots from last year's class, but this year's looks great. Chris Johnson, Jason Jones, William Hayes, and Lavelle Hawkins have played very well for rookies. Craig Stevens and Stanford Keglar have done well on special teams too. Lots of promise from this class, and if the '09 Draft goes just as well, then we should be a winning team for a long time to come!

vidae
12-15-2008, 12:05 PM
.. I'm not exactly sure who to give you guys. My first thought was Alex Mack who can play anywhere on the line and eventually be a replacement for Kevin Mawae, but now I'm rethinking that decision. Is WR your biggest need? Any help would be appreciated. Oh, I have you picking 32nd also, if that helps anything.

CashmoneyDrew
12-15-2008, 12:54 PM
We have no need for Alex Mack because we already have a replacement for Mawae when he retires in Leroy Harris. Our needs are as follows: CB, WR, KR, MLB.

vidae
12-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the help. :)

stephenson86
12-15-2008, 04:19 PM
WR/KR especially

MicktheGreat
12-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Hey, at least the 1st RD picks worked out! :D

Michael Griffin and Jacob Ford seem to be the only bright spots from last year's class, but this year's looks great. Chris Johnson, Jason Jones, William Hayes, and Lavelle Hawkins have played very well for rookies. Craig Stevens and Stanford Keglar have done well on special teams too. Lots of promise from this class, and if the '09 Draft goes just as well, then we should be a winning team for a long time to come!

Griffin definitely looks like a great player. Ford looks OK to me but I'm reserving my optimism at this point until he proves that he can do more than rush the passer (because we really need a DE who can play the run opposite KVB).

Chris Johnson's definitely a stud. I was skeptical at first but I've been converted. Though I don't think he'll ever be a "full-time" RB, I think he can be a perennial 1200-1500 yard rusher in this league. Jason Jones has been inconsistent; but I think alot of that has to do with the coaching staff forcing him to play at DT (something that I still don't understand). I'd much rather see him play at DE, where he could help us against the run on early downs. Hawkins has looked good in limited time but, again, he hasn't played enough to form a real opinion (btw...why hasn't he played more? because McCareins is so "good"? ugh...). I haven't seen anything from Hayes that has impressed me thus far. He still seems like a major reach -- an DE/LB tweener who doesn't seem to fit our defensive scheme, from what I can tell...

Given his draft position, I think Keglar has proven his worth on special teams -- but I'd like to see him get some more playing time at LB in these last couple of games. I still can't justify the Stevens pick. No way should we draft someone in the 3rd freakin' round who basically only plays on special teams coverage. I'll view Stevens as a good pick when he actually becomes involved with the offense.

aNYtitan
12-15-2008, 11:26 PM
WR/KR especially

I dunno about KR, Chris Carr has done a pretty good job so far

CashmoneyDrew
12-16-2008, 12:05 AM
I dunno about KR, Chris Carr has done a pretty good job so far

Chris Carr is solid, especially on kick returns. However, I just don't feel like he can take it all the way. I'm hoping to God that Brandon James comes out early and we try to nab him around the third round.

CashmoneyDrew
12-16-2008, 12:08 AM
I still can't justify the Stevens pick. No way should we draft someone in the 3rd freakin' round who basically only plays on special teams coverage. I'll view Stevens as a good pick when he actually becomes involved with the offense.

He's a blocker that is going to really have to work hard on his catching to see more playing time. The only TE we've had on the team this year really pulling their weight is Bo Scaife, and I think he's better suited for a #2 role. Alge Crumpler looks pretty close to being done IMO.

TitansFTW
01-06-2009, 06:04 AM
I think we should look for another CB, ILB, or DT in the 1st round. Im not big at drafting a WR in the 1st. And if we pick at 32, I'd like one of these guys for the pick at the postions I listed.

CB- D.J. Moore
ILB- Brandon Spikes
DT- Terrence Cody

I like these guys at the draft position we are in. And it may be possible to address the WR position in FA. Like maybe a certain Cincy Bengals =)

MicktheGreat
01-06-2009, 10:15 AM
I think we should look for another CB, ILB, or DT in the 1st round. Im not big at drafting a WR in the 1st. And if we pick at 32, I'd like one of these guys for the pick at the postions I listed.

CB- D.J. Moore
ILB- Brandon Spikes
DT- Terrence Cody

I like these guys at the draft position we are in. And it may be possible to address the WR position in FA. Like maybe a certain Cincy Bengals =)

I agree that the 1st Round will likely address CB or DT (depending on what happens to Haynesworth).

BUT...I don't think D.J. Moore will last to #32 in the 1st round, given his ability to play at a high-level on defense and on special teams. And, even though I like Terrance Cody, I don't think he fits our defensive scheme at all. We tend to like DTs who can get after the QB. Cody doesn't really offer that at all -- he's pretty much only a run-stuffing DT (so I think it's unlikely we draft him).

CashmoneyDrew
01-06-2009, 11:46 AM
If for some reason we lose out on Haynesworth, the DT's with 1st round grades that can get after the QB are Gerald McCoy, Peria Jerry, and B.J. Raji.

Out of that group I like Raji the most, but we'd probably have to trade up to get him. Welcome to the boards Titansftw.

TitanHope
01-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Jermaine Gresham, D.J. Moore, Jeremy Maclin, or Percy Harvin sure would have been great today.

stephenson86
01-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Tennessee Titans Season Review 2009

The Good:- Chris Johnson – It showed in the playoff game against Baltimore why he got an MVP vote.

The Bad:- LenDale White – He showed in the playoff game against Baltimore why he is a good for nothing. If that was a bucket of fried chicken he doesn’t fumble.

Team Review:-
QB- This season the Titans were destined to go far when Vince Young went down and what eventually became out for the season. Allowing Kerry Collins to come in and do what Young couldn't, manage a game. Since being placed at the helm Kerry Collins as successfully managed the Titans offense allowing us to be effective and efficient in every area of play. Obviously we all know he is not a game changing quarterback and will never be but he has done for the Titans exactly what we needed, offer enough of a threat in the pass game to open up the run, something Young never did.

RB- Chris Johnson came in with a lot of question marks surrounding whether he was going to flop or not. Well suffice to say he didn’t flop and has been the spark in the Tennessee offense that we have lacked for as long as I can remember. He offers us a lot of versatility in both the run and the pass also to top it off he can block. Personally I think he could be used even more effectively in the offense but we always have next season. LenDale well is LenDale he gets hit and falls forward, he is easily replaceable.

FB- Ahmard Hall, he is a much unsung hero amongst the league but we Titans fans know the key role he plays in our rushing success, a real cannon ball blocker, he paves the way for Johnson and for White except White never hits the hole in time. He has great hands and is effective with the ball in his hands, very underrated and I hope one day he gets pro bowl consideration.

WR- Pretty much all I can say is we still do not have a go to guy and there are far to many drops across the board, there was nobody who stood out as special again for us.

TE- Bo Scaife did very well for us nothing spectacular but he did what hes done since he got here and that’s catch balls and keep the chains moving, will never be a top tier tight end but he does what we need him to do. Alge Crumpler didn’t really do anything at all but he did help with blocking in the run game, disappointing season from what we thought would be a great weapon.

LT- Michael Roos is elite, and he does not get all the credit that he deserves, since coming into the league he has arguably been a top 5 tackle, so consistent and vital to our offensive success.

LG- Fought with Leroy Harris for the starting LG job, he has had starting experience at LG over his time at Tennessee but always as a backup, has come in and has been better than expected.

C- Kevin Mawae since coming in has been a fantastic leader and the exact kind of leader we need on offense, he is going to the pro bowl this year and it is well deserved, one if not the best centre of the last decade or so and he is vital to our offensive lines success.

RG- Brought in to replace Benji Olsen and he has been as good if not better than he was when he was with the Colts. He offers very good protection against the interior rush and helps keep a strong pocket.

RT- David Stewart is probably the only guy on our line who is better at run blocking than pass blocking but he is not slouch when it comes to pass protection, he is the most violent guy on our OL and he does not let up easily.

DE- We only have one true starter on the DL in KVB who as everyone knows it a top tier DE with a nonstop motor and intense play style. Opposite we have 3 guys who we use, Jevon Kearse, Jacob Ford and William Hayes. In the end it’s likely that Hayes and Ford will become an effective rotation with Ford coming in on passing downs. Kearse has been solid this year but we could do with more of a threat coming off the opposite edge to KVB.

DT- We all know about Albert Haynesworth so we don’t need to hear anything about him, as long as he is resigned I am happy. Tony Brown the UT opposite AH is very effective in both the run or the pass he’s not and will never be a house hold name but he is key to our interior success and pressure on the DL because if AH and KVB are getting worried about he is going to go after the QB like a rabid dog. Jason Jones a much unsung rookie from this year’s draft proved how well he can shoulder duty when either Brown or Haynesworth goes down with a 3.5 sack performance against Pittsburgh.

MLB- We are very standard at MLB with us chopping and changing between them since Randall Godfrey left us a long time ago, with the likes of Ryan Fowler, Peter Sirmon and now Stephen Tulloch, who has chopped and changed as starter with Fowler. Tulloch is stout and rather like London Fletcher in Physique but does not have the same nose for the ball and is just for me a glorified Special Teamer.

OLB- Keith Bulluck is still a top tier OLB but he isn’t as good as he was a couple of years ago but still there are few I would take over him because his leadership is what keeps the defense ticking. David Thornton is a middle of the pack LB, better in run support than he is in pass coverage, i would sweat watching him cover a top tier TE. Could do with getting some depth behind them.

CB- Cortland Finnegen is elite in my eyes however everything behind him is average, Nick Harper is old and slowing down and he can’t match up against the top flight receivers any more so he can get picked on, we could do with getting a top flight CB in the first round of the draft or go after Nnamdi in FA.

SS- Chris Hope was hugely underrated at Pittsburgh but he was what made Troy Polamalu as effective as he was because he could cover deep while Polamalu roamed around. Now he offers great help in run support and pass coverage and is easily one of the top safeties in the game and has greatly helped Michael Griffin.

FS- Griffin stupidly was tried at CB when he first arrived in the league but now is at his true position and has racked up 11 interceptions in 26 career starts and had a huge game changing pick 6 in the Pittsburgh game to clinch us home field advantage, he is on his way to becoming a top 5 safety in the NFL.

K- Bironas has been solid as always he is definitely a top 5 kicker in the NFL.

P- Hentrich business as usual.

KR/PR- Chris Carr has been good but our special teams is never a threat to go to the house, would love to see us get a very good returner.

Players in contract year (only ones I can find):-
Kerry Collins: UFA – We have to keep him.
Brandon Jones: UFA – He is expendable.
Roydell Williams: UFA – Who???
Bo Scaife: UFA – He needs to stay he is a very good #2 TE.
Albert Haynesworth: UFA – If we do not sign him I support the team who does.

Players we should cut or not re sign:-
Roydell Williams
LenDale White
Alge Crumpler
Justin McCareins
Chris Henry
Chris Davis

There are more likely to get cut like poor depth players.

Players we should go after:-
TJ Whosyamamma?
Nnamdi Assawhat?
Derrick Ward
Jonathan Vilma

Players we should chase in the draft:-
Josh Freeman (round 2 or 3)
Brandon Pettigrew/Jermaine Gresham (round 1 if he falls and we pick up a receiver)
Percy Harvin (Deff round 1 is WR is a need still, he is a playmaker)

TitanHope
01-11-2009, 06:57 PM
I changed the title to include "Offseason." Hope ya don't mind VDM.

Looking toward the draft, I think our motto is similar to last year. Where as last year we needed TD's, this year we need plays. I'm think TE, WR, then CB after looking at our FA's. Scaife is a FA, and Crumpler is a FA in '10. Brandon Pettigrew is perfect for us - even more than Gresham. Pettigrew can block and catch - think a young Daniel Graham. A 6'6 target who's there on the goal line and when we're starting the drive on the 20-yd line. He'd have the be a 1st RD pick though. Aside from him, I like Chase Coffman, Shawn Nelson, Jared Cook, and the Rice TE. At WR, I really like Harvin now. After seeing our offense revert to it's stale form of last season, we need speed out there besides CJ. At worst, Harvin is a rich man's Wes Welker. Having both will allow either CJ or Harvin to handle KR's. At CB, you all know I love D.J. Moore, and think he can make plays on DEF as well as at PR.

Looking toward FA, here are our FA's this offseason and next offseason:

2009:
QB Kerry Collins
QB Chris Simms
TE Bo Scaife
WR Brandon Jones
WR Justin McCareins
P Craig Hentrich
OT Mike Otto
DL Albert Haynesworth
LB Colin Allred
LB Jorge Cordova
CB Eric King
S Vincent Fuller

2010:
RB LenDale White
TE Alge Crumpler
C/G Eugene Amano
C Kevin Mawae
DL Tony Brown
DL Kyle Vanden Bosch
LB/LS Ken Amato
LB Keith Bulluck
LB Stephen Tulloch
CB Nick Harper

I believe these are correct. Players in italics are the ones I think we need to retain. It really all depends on how things go in the upcoming weeks.

List of '09 and future FA's. (http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=All&y=2009)

CashmoneyDrew
01-11-2009, 07:02 PM
To be honest I think we need to keep Scaife and pair him with a bigger guy like Coffman, Pettigrew or Gresham. My only worry about Pettigrew is off-the -field concerns and for Coffman it's blocking. That's why I want Gresham the most out of the three.

I don't mind the thread title change at all btw!

TitanHope
01-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Scaife is a great #2, and I want to keep him, but he seems like the odd man out after looking at the roster. Crumpler still has a year left on his contract, and Craig Stevens was just drafted. I'd prefer to let Crumpler walk and re-sign Scaife, but I dunno if they cut Alge.

With a blocking TE like Craig Stevens, we can afford to bring in a guy who may not excel at blocking. So Gresham in the 1st or Coffman in the 2nd would be awesome with me.

Whatever happens, something needs to change. Tired of feeling like we're stuck with three #2 TE's, y'know what I'm sayin?

CashmoneyDrew
01-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Whatever happens, something needs to change. Tired of feeling like we're stuck with three #2 TE's, y'know what I'm sayin?

I feel the same way about WR's. lol

TitanHope
01-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I hope we clean house of the projects or depth chart fodder this offseason when it comes to the skills positions. The only WR's I want back on the roster are Gage, B. Jones, and Hawkins. McCareins is good as gone, in my opinion, especially after seeing him benched yesterday. Paul Williams needs to get it together, cause the FO didn't spend a 3rd RD pick on him to play special teams. I dunno how Chris Davis still has a roster spot.

Chris Henry has lost his spot to Q Ganther. Chris Johnson is #1, LenDale is #2, and Henry will have to bust out of nowhere into the scene, or he's a wasted spot. Ahmard Hall is the best FB in the league, and I hope he starts getting more carries. He stronger, faster, and just straight up twice the badass LenDale will ever be. I think LenDale is gone after next season. Chris Johnson is a stud, and it really makes me mad that he got hurt in that game. I don't even care that we lost. CJ was making a statement, and it's a shame that his first playoff game had to end in the way that it did...

aNYtitan
01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Well TitanHope, I agree with you on Ahmad Hall, he has the power to run the ball on those goal line stands. Paul Davis should be kept for depth, and a good run at TJ Whosyamama given that he isn't franchised.

TitanHope
01-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Titans are wanting to offer KC a 2-year/4-million dollar contract. He can get more some place else as a backup, but if he wants to start, he'd negotiate a little higher price here and be the starter.

Gives me the feeling that while Collins played great this season, he's not as important as some may think. If they absolutely wanted to keep him, then they wouldn't be thinking of a low-ball offer like this. Now, nothing official has been offered just yet - this is just the supposed amount that the Titans are initially thinking.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2311

CashmoneyDrew
01-13-2009, 02:51 PM
that's almost exactly what I thought they'd offer him.

TitanHope
01-13-2009, 02:56 PM
KFC made $1.7 million as a backup here, so I doubt he'll take it. I'm thinking 2-years/5-6.5 million dollars.

bamatitan81
02-02-2009, 09:54 PM
I know he played in a spread system, but does anyone else feel like Jeremy Macklin would be a great pickup. He had over 100 catches and returns punts and kicks. I don't know if he would be a good #1 receiver but he would be better than anything we have right now. Plus Harvin is split RB/WR and we just don't run an offense that would suit him and Johnson.

MicktheGreat
02-03-2009, 12:40 AM
I know he played in a spread system, but does anyone else feel like Jeremy Macklin would be a great pickup. He had over 100 catches and returns punts and kicks. I don't know if he would be a good #1 receiver but he would be better than anything we have right now. Plus Harvin is split RB/WR and we just don't run an offense that would suit him and Johnson.

Personally, I think someone like Percy Harvin or Derrick Williams is more likely; but I wouldn't mind at all if the Titans somehow managed to draft Jeremy Maclin.

Whatever happens, the Titans DESPERATELY need some more playmakers on offense -- as illustrated in the Ravens game once Chris Johnson went down.

Not that it matters...this team will undoubtedly draft other positions early on and a couple more mid-to-late round WRs (like always)...

CashmoneyDrew
02-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the boards BamaTitan! Always great to see a new Titans fan on here. To answer your question, I don't think Maclin would be a bad pick for the Titans at all. The only problem is that he's not going to be there when the Titans pick. Neither will Crabtree. So minus those two I'd say my wish list at WR goes like this....

1) Darrius Heyward-Bey
2) Hakeem Nicks
3) Kenny Britt
4) Percy Harvin
5) Juaquin Iglesias
6) Ramses Barden
7) Brooks Foster
8) Sammie Stroughter

RaiderNation
02-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Do you guys think your gonna resign Dave Ball? He did pretty dang good as a back up for you guys with 4.5 sacks. I know the guy and I hope you guys give him a good contract

CashmoneyDrew
02-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Do you guys think your gonna resign Dave Ball? He did pretty dang good as a back up for you guys with 4.5 sacks. I know the guy and I hope you guys give him a good contract

I'm not sure. I haven't heard of him being a FA, but if he is I hope we do. He is an excellent rotational end that can keep KVB and the others fresh.

bamatitan81
02-03-2009, 10:39 AM
I would love to get Kenny Britt or Juaquin Iglesias. I think Britt could end up being a beast. He flat out made Mike Teel look like a decent quarterback this year. And I've always been impressed with Iglesias with his speed and route running ability. Plus he can return punts and kicks

I have a feeling that we'll go defense in the first round with either DJ Moore or if we could get him Jerry (only if we lose Albert).

How do you guys feel about maybe picking up a Quarterback this year? With all the VY mess i would love to see us pick up someone to put pressure on him to get all his sh*t together. But I'm not sure if there is anyone there that would be worth it in the 3rd to 5th rounds.

CashmoneyDrew
02-03-2009, 12:20 PM
I would love to get Kenny Britt or Juaquin Iglesias. I think Britt could end up being a beast. He flat out made Mike Teel look like a decent quarterback this year. And I've always been impressed with Iglesias with his speed and route running ability. Plus he can return punts and kicks

Kenny Britt is a beast. I think after a couple of years in the league he will be a good #1. Whenever I watched him play he kind of reminded me of T.O. without the drama.

I have a feeling that we'll go defense in the first round with either DJ Moore or if we could get him Jerry (only if we lose Albert).

Yes! Another person on the D.J. Moore bandwagon! TitanHope and I have been driving this bandwagon for a while now so glad to see another person interested in Moore to the Titans.

How do you guys feel about maybe picking up a Quarterback this year? With all the VY mess i would love to see us pick up someone to put pressure on him to get all his sh*t together. But I'm not sure if there is anyone there that would be worth it in the 3rd to 5th rounds.

To be honest, I'm not interested in any of the QBs in this year's class outside of Sanchez and Stafford and we don't have a shot at either of them. I figure they'll resign Collins and Simms and just be set at QB with those two and VY for another year.

Pit Bull #53
02-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Kenny Britt is #1 on my pre-combine wish list

stephenson86
02-06-2009, 09:40 AM
love the fact its gone from harvin to heyward bey...also interested by the second round pick pick

CashmoneyDrew
02-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I'd much rather have Bey. Plus I'm burnt out on Harvin. I think literally 98% of mocks on this site give us Harvin.

TitanHope
02-07-2009, 12:39 AM
I like the Harvin pick, so it doesn't bug me as much. I am with you though VDM - only Limas Sweed can beat it when it comes to most over used Titans mock pick.

Though, I do think that there's a legitimate chance we'll use our 1st RD'er on a WR if there's value there. In our past two drafts, we needed key parts to make our team better. In Reinfeldt's first draft, we had to shore up defense (Griffin, Jacob Ford, Tulloch). We tried some projects on offense (Chris Henry + Paul Williams), but they didn't pan out. In Reinfeldt's second draft, we needed instant offense for points (Chris Johnson) and some insurance for Haynesworth (Jason Jones). We basically added depth from then on out.

So...what need or weakness was revealed this past season will Reinfeldt be targeting? I think it's playmakers on offense other than CJ. So I think a playmaker at TE or WR will be the pick in the 1st (barring a trade down or no one of value available).

TitanHope
02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Cortland Finnegan is goin' down to South Florida this offseason to train with Chad Johnon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/around_the_nfl/post/Finnegan-headed-to-South-Florida-to-improve-skil;_ylt=AsNZtPautARPEd9_RPhjQK9DubYF?urn=nfl,139 887

Take it for what it's worth, but Chad Johnson has always been one of my favorite WR's in the NFL regardless of his character concerns. He's very much the professional when the camera isn't on, and I hope he can improve Finny's ability to decipher routes. Plus, maybe Finny can put in a good word to Fish on trading for Johnson! ;)

CashmoneyDrew
02-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Chad Johnson, Anquan Boldin, T.J. Whosyamamma, talented draft at WR.

Good year to be in the market for a number one WR.

stephenson86
02-11-2009, 08:25 AM
i would love to see us take a playmaking LB, why couldnt we do **** and go after aaron curry lol, i wouldnt be opposed to taking rey malalalalaugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa because our MLB's arent required to be agile cover guys and we could do with a big ass run stuffer

CashmoneyDrew
02-11-2009, 11:23 AM
i would love to see us take a playmaking LB, why couldnt we do **** and go after aaron curry lol, i wouldnt be opposed to taking rey malalalalaugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa because our MLB's arent required to be agile cover guys and we could do with a big ass run stuffer

I'd be cool with Maualuga if there's not a CB with the right value on the board and we'd maybe already picked up our WR through FA or trade. If that situation played out I'd be cool with Rey rey or Brandon Pettigrew. I doubt they both drop to 30 though, but hey, you never know.

stephenson86
02-13-2009, 07:32 AM
i cant really decide where i want us to go with this draft, im just hoping we have a good Fa make drafting a hell of alot easier

TitanHope
02-13-2009, 01:19 PM
If we lose AH, a big MLB would be nice to have. Ryan Fowler is only big when he's juiced, and Tulluch is more of a MLB/OLB tweener.

stephenson86
02-13-2009, 04:23 PM
i have a feeling we are going to lose albert, but i think we can cope without him....itll be a struggle but i think we can survive

TitanHope
02-13-2009, 08:13 PM
We were able to beat Pittsburgh soundly without him, so I'm still confident in the team without him. But, the facts are that he's a 27-year old DT who's the best at his position in the NFL, and he's coming off the best statistical season of his career, not to mention the healthiest. It'll be very hard to stomach seeing the FO allow him to sign with another team, but Reinfeldt and Fisher have proven that they know what they're doing.

I think Tony Brown is ridiculously under-rated, and Jason Jones had a great rookie season. Not to mention Kevin Vickerson was excellent depth this past season, and he's a big dude too (6'5, 300). The 2010 Draft is loaded at DT too, and Vince Oghobaase would be perfect (6'5, 300 as a junior, and has the athleticism of Haynesworth).

They've got a cool video of Haynesworth on NFL.com. It's on his profile: http://www.nfl.com/players/alberthaynesworth/profile?id=HAY746506

CashmoneyDrew
02-18-2009, 11:14 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/02/18/haynesworth.suitors/index.html

So long Fat Al. I'll miss ya buddy. Just got to an NFC team please. :(

stephenson86
02-19-2009, 06:31 AM
basically i think its a case of, he will get the biggest offer ask tennessee to match it and if they dont he goes

CashmoneyDrew
02-19-2009, 04:25 PM
The Titans franchised Bo Scaife today according to ESPN radio.

TitanHope
02-20-2009, 12:22 AM
We also signed Rob Bironas to a multiyear deal. Hooray!!

Scaife getting tagged is meh to me. Hopefully it will allow them to re-sign some of the DB's in Eric King, Chris Carr, and Vinny Fuller.

I don't think Haynesworth is out of Nashville yet. Obviously, not signing him yet is not a good thing. But, maybe him hitting the open market will allow him and the Titans to see what his market value is worth. I think if the Titans give AH a competitive offer, he'll stay in Tennessee. We'll see though. This could either make Reinfeldt look like a genius or an idiot. According to his past though, MR has usually come out on top.

CashmoneyDrew
02-20-2009, 12:39 AM
Yeah we still have some work to do with free-agents before the open-market. By my count it's still;
-Kerry Collins
-Chris Simms
-Brandon Jones
-Daniel Loper?
-Mike Otto?
-Kevin Vickerson?
-Chris Carr
-Eric King
-Reynaldo Hill
-Vince Fuller
-Craig Hentrich

I know we definitely won't re-sign all of those guys but that's a pretty big list left.

MicktheGreat
02-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah we still have some work to do with free-agents before the open-market. By my count it's still;
-Kerry Collins
-Chris Simms
-Brandon Jones
-Daniel Loper?
-Mike Otto?
-Kevin Vickerson?
-Chris Carr
-Eric King
-Reynaldo Hill
-Vince Fuller
-Craig Hentrich

I know we definitely won't re-sign all of those guys but that's a pretty big list left.

From that list, I hope we re-sign Kerry Collins, Brandon Jones, Kevin Vickerson, Chris Carr, and Eric King.

Chris Simms is a decent backup QB; however, I can't fathom why so many Titans' fans think that he's the solution at QB (aside from the lineage). He's expressed interest in going to the Bears (reported on ESPN) and that's perfectly fine with me.

Daniel Loper has some versatility which is nice, but I'm confident that Munchak (given his track record) could draft & develop someone to replace him. Vince Fuller's also versatile for us, but again, I think he's a tweener who can be replaced via the draft.

I think Hentrich is done. Great player for us but age/injuries seem to have caught up to him. I don't think he'll be re-signed and he may even retire.

CashmoneyDrew
02-20-2009, 04:42 PM
-Kerry Collins
-Chris Simms
-Brandon Jones
-Daniel Loper?
-Mike Otto?
-Kevin Vickerson?
-Chris Carr
-Eric King
-Reynaldo Hill
-Vince Fuller
-Craig Hentrich

Those are the guys I'd like for us to re-sign. I'd rather not have to waste draft picks on o-lineman when we can just re-sign our own guys even though I'm confident Munchak could work with just about anything and make them good. Reynaldo Hill is worthless and I think Hentrich is done as well. We need Carr and King back though IMO for depth though. Collins is obvious. Simms would just be a waste IMO since I doubt we'll carry 3 QBs again. Vickerson is important if we lose Haynesworth. Vuller is also a depth thing. I wouldn't mind us re-singing Jones either, but I wouldn't miss him if we didn't.

TitanHope
02-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Collins would be a good signing, and I prefer him over Simms.

Daniel Loper is excellent depth, and can play OT and OG. Otto is unproven, so I can't say for sure. I'd prefer Loper over Otto, definitely.

I think from a talent standpoint, Brandon Jones is the most gifted WR on the roster. I want to bring him back unless we draft a WR early. Then he becomes expendable.

I think it's imperative to keep Kevin Vickerson. He's no scrub DT depth anymore.

I'd prefer to keep Eric King and Chris Carr, and allow Vincent Fuller and Reynaldo Hill to leave in FA. I think King is the best among the four, and Carr's ability to play CB, FS, and handle PR/KR duties makes him valuable.

Gonna be sad to see Craig Hentrich go if we don't re-sign him. :(

CashmoneyDrew
02-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Hentrich will retire. I wonder if the Titans will actually use a draft pick to replace him or go the free-agency route?

TitanHope
02-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Titans up their offer to Haynesworth.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=66270

CashmoneyDrew
02-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Titans up their offer to Haynesworth.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=66270

This is very good news.. We still have like 5 days to get this beast under contract before some d-bag GM offers him a ridiculous amount that Reinfeldt won't reciprocate. Hopefully...

TitanHope
02-24-2009, 03:30 AM
I hope they re-sign Al, but if not, Jarron Gilbert seems like a match made in heaven in the 2nd RD.

CashmoneyDrew
02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm gonna protest outside of Reinfeldt's office next offseason if letting Haynesworth go harms our SB chances. We're an elite team with the window still open and plenty of cap room and we just let our best player walk without even much of a fight. Reinfeldt better know what he's doing. I was impressed with Jason Jones and K. Vick, but the jury is still out. I still don't want us to use a high draft pick on a DT even after this.

stephenson86
02-27-2009, 12:59 PM
im glad we didnt fork our that much money out for him...thats too much money for a liability (if not in a contract year)

TitanHope
02-27-2009, 01:09 PM
In my opinion, this is a bitter sweet loss.

I would have loved to sign him, but I don't think he'll be the same DT when he leaves Washburn and the DL. He went to the NFC, so he's out of the conference. Plus, we should be getting at least a 3rd RD compensatory pick after losing him...maybe even a 2nd RD pick.

I hate losing him, but I trust MR.

AllanO444
02-27-2009, 01:09 PM
If the Titans can somehow sign Canty tomorrow it would be a nice replacement. Not saying Big Al can be replaced but a 26 year old 6'7'' 300 lb D Lineman with some talent could thrive under Washburn.

TitanHope
02-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Nate Washington will be visiting the Titans. http://tennessean.com/article/20090227/SPORTS01/90227030/1002/SPORTS

Chris Canty was supposed to visit tomorrow, but the Titans have called it off for some reason.

We're also supposed to be interested in Jovan Haye.

It's the most, wonderful time of the yeeeeeaaaaaarrrrrr....

TitanHope
02-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Titans agree to terms with Vinny Fuller!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090227/SPORTS01/90227053/1027

stephenson86
02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
love the nate washington prospect finally give us a speedster

CashmoneyDrew
02-27-2009, 02:41 PM
In my opinion, this is a bitter sweet loss.

I would have loved to sign him, but I don't think he'll be the same DT when he leaves Washburn and the DL. He went to the NFC, so he's out of the conference. Plus, we should be getting at least a 3rd RD compensatory pick after losing him...maybe even a 2nd RD pick.

I hate losing him, but I trust MR.

I think the highest compensatory picks that are given out are 3rd rounders. I think.

CashmoneyDrew
02-27-2009, 02:42 PM
love the nate washington prospect finally give us a speedster

I'm fine with Nate Washington as long as management doesn't feel like he'll solve their WR problems. Nate and then another WR with a legit shot at being #1 would be cool.

stephenson86
02-27-2009, 02:44 PM
nate washington and kenny britt (yes that sound you just heard was steaming hot lady spunk lol)

CashmoneyDrew
02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
nate washington and kenny britt (yes that sound you just heard was steaming hot lady spunk lol)

Hakeem Nicks is the perfect compliment to Nate Washington. ;)

TitanHope
02-27-2009, 04:04 PM
I love me some Hakeem Nicks! :D

I think the highest compensatory picks that are given out are 3rd rounders. I think.

True, but when was the last time a FA signed a 7-year/$100-million contract somewhere else?

Maybe two 3rd RD picks?

TitanHope
02-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Also, we re-signed Kerry Collins.

2-years/$15 million/$8.5 million guaranteed.

MicktheGreat
02-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Like others have said, I'm sad to see Albert Haynesworth leave (and I hope he continues to play well); however, I'm also glad to see that Reinfeldt didn't break the bank to re-sign him. Haynesworth's a great player, but considering some of his issues and the current economic climate, I don't think he's worth $100 million.

Now I'd like to see the Titans...
1. Add a veteran WR
Preferably Nate Washington. Lavernues Coles is also a possibility, I think, because of Heimerdinger's connection to the Jets. T.J. Houshmandzadeh is unlikely but would be welcomed.

2. Add some veteran DL help
The Chris Canty visit has been put on hold. However, I hope Reinfeldt goes after Rocky Bernard, who can rush the passer from the DT position. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we pursued a veteran DE as well, like Jovan Haye (who can play DE/DT and who went to Vandy, I think), Antonio Smith, or Kenechi Udeze.

3. Draft WR or CB in the 1st Round
Nick Harper's getting old and has had some nagging injuries. Some youth/depth is needed here to compliment Finnegan on the other side. I'm hoping that the Titans take Alphonso Smith or D.J. Moore here in the 1st. I don't think the Titans will look at WR in the 1st because there's a lot of depth there in this draft, but if they do, I hope they look at Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, or Darius Hayward-Bey.

TitanHope
02-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Lions signed Eric King... :'(

CashmoneyDrew
02-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Lions signed Eric King... :'(

Ahhhh, ****! I'm going to have to keep an eye on you now. This definitely makes CB even more pressing of a need. Especially since we're letting Reynaldo Hill walk(dear God please) and Chris Carr is talking to some other teams. Do we even have any true corners under contract besides Finnegan and Harper?

TitanHope
02-28-2009, 01:32 PM
I thought we'd keep King and Fuller would go to Detroit. Dang...

Also, Brandon Jones is signing with San Fran.

Nate Washington is visiting tomorrow, and we're staying in contact with Chris Canty.

If we lose Carr too, then DJ Moore would be huge in the draft.

CashmoneyDrew
02-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I really hope we get Canty or Haye so we don't need to use a draft pick on d-line.

TitanHope
02-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Me too, but Kevin Vickerson is a FA, ain't he?

Canty played the 5-tech in Dallas, so he'd fit our DT prototype. Jovan Haye I'm not terribly high on, but I'd prefer him over a draft pick.

But yeah, I'm with you and Mick. I'd rather pass on drafting a DT this year, and add the depth through FA. We have our starters next year in Tony Brown and Jason Jones anyway. Much rather wait and grab one of the stud DT's next year.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
02-28-2009, 02:05 PM
49ers fan dropping in, what is the scouting report on Brandon Jones?

CashmoneyDrew
02-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Me too, but Kevin Vickerson is a FA, ain't he?

Canty played the 5-tech in Dallas, so he'd fit our DT prototype. Jovan Haye I'm not terribly high on, but I'd prefer him over a draft pick.

But yeah, I'm with you and Mick. I'd rather pass on drafting a DT this year, and add the depth through FA. We have our starters next year in Tony Brown and Jason Jones anyway. Much rather wait and grab one of the stud DT's next year.

Exactly. Next year's DT class is so much studlier. Marvin Austin(maybe), Donkey Kong Suh, Dan Williams, so much more that I can't even think of off the top of my head.

CashmoneyDrew
02-28-2009, 02:25 PM
49ers fan dropping in, what is the scouting report on Brandon Jones?

I think he has tons of potential to be a very good WR, but he hasn't had a chance to put it all together in TN, whether it was for injuries or QB problems or whatever. Maybe he'll work it out and realize his potential in San Fran but then again, maybe not considering They aren't a whole lot better off in the QB department or fellow WR's to take pressure off of him.

TitanHope
02-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Jones is a big tease. For every game he had that he'd play great in, he'd disappear for the 3 game afterwards...

...I still wanted him back tho. :D

stephenson86
02-28-2009, 08:13 PM
so right now our D is looking like this
griffin
hope
finny
harper
bulluck
tulloch
thornton
kearse
jones
brown
kvb

personally i think changes need to be made to CB#1 MLB#2 and DE#3 i think with haynesworth gone it might mean we need a better MLB as i think our shoddy MLBs got away with alot because he was there

as for offense we have
collins
johnson
hall
scaife
gage
???? mc (oh god i cant say it)
roos
amano
mawae
scott
stewart

we need to upgrade WR#123456789 and TE#10

im feeling DJ moore in the 1st then a sleeper WR in the 2nd...that would do me happy

TitanHope
02-28-2009, 08:42 PM
McCareins is gone, Steph. :D

Canty is the only FA I really want - 6'7, 300-lb athletic DT who has experience in the attacking style DL that Washburn runs. Other than him, waiting on guys to be cut is fine with me.

CashmoneyDrew
02-28-2009, 09:07 PM
I'd like to see us bring Bryant McFadden in for a visit. If we signed him we wouldn't need to use a high pick on a corner if we didn't want to.

aNYtitan
03-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Well I know that Chris Canty meeting has been postponed due to him being interested in the Giants. I'm figuring that he is going to meet with Titans brass this week. I'd like for us to trade for Anquin Boldin, he would be worth the first rounder we would need to give up considering there would probably be no one that could give such an impact with such a late round pick. However, given that we are such a run oriented offense, I just don't see it happening. Nate Washington perhaps, but not for big dollars. What about Braylon Edwards? If he gets on the trade block is he worth a first and another draft pick (even though he is inconsistent). One other question, is VY ever going to get a fair shot considering Collins has been signed for 2 more years and guaranteed the starters job this season?

CashmoneyDrew
03-01-2009, 11:28 AM
I think they'll give VY a shot to battle for the starting spot with Collins in 2010 but not this season.

TitanHope
03-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Guys on TitansCentral are thinkin' we're heading into rebuilding mode...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/crys77/polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

CashmoneyDrew
03-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah, people that mainly post on forums dedicated to one specific team are pretty ridiculous for the most part.

TitanHope
03-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Giants signed Canty and Rocky Bernard. *shrugs*

Nate Washington is in town today, and should be staying overnight.

I'm goin' into safe mode and waitin' on the low key FA's. My hopes are immune to dashing!

CashmoneyDrew
03-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Bring in Bryant McFadden, Reinfeldt!

stephenson86
03-01-2009, 09:46 PM
i worry about mike sometimes he seems to have no effing idea about what the teams identity is and the direction its going...yet somehow we prosper :-S

TitanHope
03-02-2009, 02:16 PM
I'd rather Leigh Bodden than McFadden. Our pass-rush will not be as dominant this year, and Bodden excels in man-man coverage. Not to mention, he was cut and wouldn't count against comp picks.

In Mike We Trust!!!

CashmoneyDrew
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
I'd rather Leigh Bodden than McFadden. Our pass-rush will not be as dominant this year, and Bodden excels in man-man coverage. Not to mention, he was cut and wouldn't count against comp picks.

In Mike We Trust!!!

Not a bad idea actually. I didn't know he'd been cut.

TitanHope
03-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Jovan Haye should be in Nashville today. He'd be a good pickup. He was hurt last year, but I remember us playin' the Bucs in '07 where he played a helluva' game.

Tony Brown 2.0 would always be nice. :D

TitanHope
03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Nate Washington is a Tennessee Titan!

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=66496

C'mon, no whammy! No whammy!

TitanHope
03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
We've also come to terms with Jovan Haye too. I like it! :thumbsup:

stephenson86
03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
now all we need is leigh bodden and i will be happy as larry

TitanHope
03-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Good article on Haye when he was in Tampa Bay. (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20071031/SPORTS/710310573/-1/RSS06#)

Nate Washington and Jovan Haye press conference. (http://titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=6637)

stephenson86
03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
i like how we seem to have a 3 muskateer thing going on at the moment, where are all the other titans fans...come onnnnnnnnnnnnn most exciting time of the year

OzTitan
03-02-2009, 09:01 PM
FA? Most exciting? For Titans fans? :P

I like the signings - very typical MR/Titans. Fisher hinted they're looking at other options too.

Still think it would be crazy to go out and nab Ray Lewis :P

CashmoneyDrew
03-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I like the signings. Definitely makes me think we're going corner with our first as long as the value is there. Unless someone they really covet slips a bit.

TitanHope
03-02-2009, 11:58 PM
OzTitan is our Dartanion!

CashmoneyDrew
03-03-2009, 01:32 AM
**** Ray Lewis. Unless he wants to suit up for us. Then i won't say **** to him so he won't murder me. Also cause he'd get a bajillion tackles.

stephenson86
03-03-2009, 07:58 AM
i would love ray lewis lol dont care if he was a raven hes an immense MLB just what we need

islandboy843
03-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Nate Washington is a nice pickup. We needed some speed at WR.

* still crying himself to sleep *

OzTitan
03-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Why islandboy? regarding Haynesworth?

It sucks, but it was lose lose IMO no matter what they did. The fact of the matter is Albert remaining healthy enough for 16 games to be his dominant self come the playoffs is so unlikely, it just doesn't seem worth it. Besides his awesome performances, one common theme between 07 and 08 was as soon as he went down for any significant period of time, he never came back quite the same. Both times it was before the playoffs.

Albert's Ravens playoff game was average for him. He certainly didn't dominate. And yet we were still probably just one less offensive mistake away from winning that game. In other words, winning or losing that game really didn't involve Albert much at all. The chance of that being a common theme for the next X years every playoffs after he nicks himself up a few weeks prior is fairly high, so was it really worth it? Basing a team's best unit around a player like that certainly has its risks, so it might be time to change the approach. It might not come as quick as 2009, but sometimes you have to take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward.

aNYtitan
03-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Why islandboy? regarding Haynesworth?

It sucks, but it was lose lose IMO no matter what they did. The fact of the matter is Albert remaining healthy enough for 16 games to be his dominant self come the playoffs is so unlikely, it just doesn't seem worth it. Besides his awesome performances, one common theme between 07 and 08 was as soon as he went down for any significant period of time, he never came back quite the same. Both times it was before the playoffs.

Albert's Ravens playoff game was average for him. He certainly didn't dominate. And yet we were still probably just one less offensive mistake away from winning that game. In other words, winning or losing that game really didn't involve Albert much at all. The chance of that being a common theme for the next X years every playoffs after he nicks himself up a few weeks prior is fairly high, so was it really worth it? Basing a team's best unit around a player like that certainly has its risks, so it might be time to change the approach. It might not come as quick as 2009, but sometimes you have to take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward.

The only reason I am not completely agitated by this is because of the monetary aspect behind it, as well as the depth we have generated so far at DT. I might be wrong, but I believe Bulluck's contract goes up next season, and maintaining him should be priority number one given that we have no depth at the LB spots. Not signing Haynesworth gives us the cap space to resign not only or key veterans (Chris Hope's contract I also believe ends), but our budding young stars to extensions (Michael Griffin will be key). Also, after what I saw Jason Jones do against Pittsburgh and in spot time during the rest of the season, I feel we have a legitimate starter to replace Fat Al. I'm not saying that Jones will reproduce the same effect Albert had, but he will fill in at an average or above average role.

On another note, I would also be fond of signing Ray Lewis. It instantly upgrades our LB core (Bulluck, Thorton and Ray would make for one of the best cores in the league) and creates a fear to replace the one that Fat Al was. If anything, thats the one thing I will miss, cause Albert was always accounted for on every play.

islandboy843
03-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Jason Jones makes me happy and im still thinking that TEN should draft a WR in the 1st round....I mean at least try it out for once and see if it works.......also their will be no RB in the 1st 2 rounds hopefully

Oh yeah...What about that tampering isssue?

aNYtitan
03-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Oh yeah...What about that tampering isssue?

Highly unlikely considering tampering is so hard to prove, considering everyone can just say that no deal was in place before the deadline.

CashmoneyDrew
03-03-2009, 10:10 PM
The Titans will be in a very good position to replace Al through the 2010 draft because it is so stacked at DT.

Also, if Titans management wises up and decides to try and draft a go-to WR in the draft..... They should make two lists in order. The ones they like, and they ones they don't like. Then they need to take the one they don't like. They've misfired on WR so much that this is the only strategy I think might still be viable. lol

stephenson86
03-04-2009, 04:19 AM
we should trade our entire draft for aaron curry :D

can anyone explain to me why everyone is giving us robert ayers????? makes zero sense to me

CashmoneyDrew
03-04-2009, 10:27 AM
we should trade our entire draft for aaron curry :D

can anyone explain to me why everyone is giving us robert ayers????? makes zero sense to me

To replace Jevon Kearse and add another force on the d-line I reckon. It's probably magnified by others with Albert leaving. I hate when I see mocks that are starting to give us DTs in the first round. I highly disagree with that idea. Unless B.J. Raji magically falls to us.

TitanHope
03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
CB/KR Justin Miller is visiting. He'd be a great signing if we can't get a deal done with Carr. Miller may be a better CB too, and while Carr is more consistent, I think Miller is a more explosive returner.

aNYtitan
03-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I personally wouldn't be bothered at all if we traded our first rounder this year for a future first and another pick. Given that the value won't be there (with the Nate Washington signing, I really don't see why we should draft someone to make him a slot receiver. Also, given that I have a feeling the quality CB's will be taken by our pick (I really am concerned about Alphonso Smith's physical attributes and that it won't translate to a starter at the pro level), I wouldn't mind trading out of the first round. DT depth should be addressed at some point, but not necessarily with our first. At this point, I am still unsure of which way to go with our first pick.

CashmoneyDrew
03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
To be honest, unless we hit it hard with a couple of signings before the draft, CB should be the top pick. If not that then my darkhorse pick is TE.

stephenson86
03-04-2009, 09:25 PM
no doubt we will take a RB in one of the rounds to unseat lendale :D

CashmoneyDrew
03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Isn't Lendale in a contract year this coming season?

TitanHope
03-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Yup, this is a contract year for LenDale.

CashmoneyDrew
03-05-2009, 12:05 AM
I'd like for Quinton Ganther to get more of a shot this season so we can see what we have there. I really like his combination of speed and power. Especially for a 'tweener of his size.

stephenson86
03-05-2009, 10:39 AM
the he can replace lendale :D and we can have a decent thunder to our sensual lightning

TitanHope
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
CB Eric Green is in town. Former CB for the Cardinals...he's no Eric King but whatever...

Also, hearing the Titans and Terrell Owens used in the same sentence a lot. I'm having a lot of mixed feelings.

OzTitan
03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
I think it's a case of some media people connecting two dots themselves, even if those dots aren't on the same page.

stephenson86
03-05-2009, 05:59 PM
id take him, purely because i think the titans philosophy wouldnt be effected by him

islandboy843
03-05-2009, 08:14 PM
T.O and titans just doesn't match though.....but I would like to see it happen.....Thw worst it could do is help our rushing game

TitanHope
03-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Titans agree to terms with Hentrich.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090306/SPORTS01/90306034/1027

roscoesdad27
03-06-2009, 01:58 PM
1) R. Brace d.t. b.c.
not near the penetrator as haynes worth but brace can be every bit the runstuffer and then some...huge lane clogger is the closest thing to haynesworth left in the draft.

2) M. Mickens c.b. cinci
athletic playmaker fills a need at tremednous value here...better value than any remaining w.r. imho.

3) J. Iglesuis w.r. oklahoma
physical w.r. with great hands is a perfect fit for what your looking for...will finally give you guys a steady and consistent w.r. target over the middle or on the outside.

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1533596&posted=1#post1533596

thoughts?

stephenson86
03-06-2009, 03:32 PM
we wont take a DT first i can assure you of that

CashmoneyDrew
03-06-2009, 03:49 PM
You're definitely trying too hard for DT. Your own explanation says it all when you say "closest thing to Heynesworth left". Brace would be a reach in the first round. We don't need to draft a DT this season to replace Haynesworth anyways. We already have 4 DTs on the roster and next year's DT class is so much better than this year's.

stephenson86
03-07-2009, 07:03 AM
please give us a corner or a WR....even beanie wells if he falls in your mock

Malaka
03-07-2009, 11:11 AM
In the Mock Draft forum, I got you guys in a group mock.

So far
1. Sean Smith
2. Brian Robiskie

Am I on the right track?

TitanHope
03-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Sean Smith is interesting. Could provide a CB of the future, and possibly even safety depth. But, we're without a PR for next year, unless we re-sign Carr, but it looks like we may do. Smith is a bit of a reach there too.

Robiskie is good too. We got our deep threat in Nate Washington, and our red-zone target in Gage. Robiskie would compliment them well.

Advice for the rest of the draft:
-Don't go DT until late RD's, if at all. We'll likely target DT early next year, and we have a under-rated guy in Tony Brown, a 2nd RD pick last year in Jason Jones, and brought in a FA in Jovan Haye.
-Don't draft a QB.
-Go BPA, aside from the obvious positions that we have no need at (ie. RB, S, FB, and DT, QB)
-LB help: our ILB's are lacking, and Bulluck and David Thornton are FA's after this season. A versatile LB like Gerald McRath would be good.
-OT depth: we just lost our backup OT in FA, so a late round backup is needed to help bolster depth.
-CB depth: We need more bodies, preferrably with KR/PR ability. Sean Smalls from UMass. Doesn't have return ability, but he's a great player who no one really knows of. Take a 7th RD flyer on him if you can.
-KR/PR: I've been hinting at it, but if you can land a strict special teams ace returner, jump on it.

In other news, anyone else think Nick Harper could be a great backup FS to Michael Griffin after this season?

Malaka
03-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Ah a return man, I see thanks for the comments, I'll definitely draft a return-man in the later rounds.

TitanHope
03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
I edited my post with more info, Malaka. Good luck in the rest of it, and hope the activity of other mock GM's doesn't slow down in the later rounds.

Malaka
03-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I edited my post with more info, Malaka. Good luck in the rest of it, and hope the activity of other mock GM's doesn't slow down in the later rounds.

Thx a lot bro, the Titans were a bit confusing to me that makes things a whole lot easier for me.

CashmoneyDrew
03-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Do us proud Malaka!

stephenson86
03-08-2009, 05:18 PM
gotta be said we dont actually have a galring need that we HAVE to address round 1

we have 2....which way do we go

TitanHope
03-09-2009, 09:47 AM
We're in contract talks with Justin Miller. Probably have a decision from Chris Carr soon.

We're also interested in New Orleans RFA Lance Moore. They want a 2nd RD'er, but I dunno if we'd give 'em that. I'd definitely give up a 3rd RD'er, tho. Code from TitansCentral even suggested LenDale White and a 5th RD pick for him. *shrugs*

A 2nd RD pick is a lot, but it just depends if it'd be used on a Chris Henry or Jason Jones...

stephenson86
03-09-2009, 03:35 PM
i wouldnt complain about lance moore, what u guys reckon to beanie wells in the 1st if he falls and there is not good value at WR or CB?

aNYtitan
03-09-2009, 03:50 PM
i wouldnt complain about lance moore, what u guys reckon to beanie wells in the 1st if he falls and there is not good value at WR or CB?

There really has to be no value at all at those positions, and we have been known to go BPA. Everyone here knows your anymosity towards LenDale stephenson, but I don't see us taking yet another RB in this draft. If anything, and that situation arose, they would trade out of the first, pick up either later round picks or a future 1st, which I would prefer. I doubt that Beanie drops that far however, Knowshon more likely

CashmoneyDrew
03-09-2009, 04:56 PM
If Beanie drops for to the Titans they sure as hell better find a trade suitor that covets him because we can't afford to take another RB before the 4th or 5th round IMO.

TitanHope
03-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Scott's new mock is up. We got DJ Moore in the 1st, and Paul Kruger in the 2nd. DJ is great, but Kruger is kinda bleh. Not too familiar with him tho.

CashmoneyDrew
03-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm not really a believer that we should or need to take d-line early. I think with our first two picks we need to look at 4 positions.
-WR
-TE
-LB
-CB

islandboy843
03-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Jared Cook in the 2nd rd would be dead sexy.

CashmoneyDrew
03-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Jared Cook in the 2nd rd would be dead sexy.

Definitely. But, I have a feeling he'll rise fast and be a late first rounder come draft day like Dustin Keller last year.

stephenson86
03-09-2009, 11:07 PM
i think pettigrew could fall tbh, his buzz is not major right now and he could slip

TitanHope
03-10-2009, 03:06 PM
My thoughts of drafting a TE kinda got dashed after they franchised Scaife. With Scaife, Stevens, and Crumpler, I dunno if we'll use an early pick on a TE. I'd still love to get Cornelius Ingram tho. <3

Also, Jamie Winborn and Patrick Ramsey are visiting. Probably for Reinfeldt and Fisher to make a profile for them, just incase we need to pick someone up later.

CashmoneyDrew
03-10-2009, 06:19 PM
I'd rather we not sign either of those guys.

TitanHope
03-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Me either. I doubt we do. But, Reinfeldt will bring in guys just to do it. They make a profile of the player, and then send them on their way. That way if we need to sign someone mid-season, we already have the info on the guy and can bring him in and sign him quicker.

Also, Malaka got us McRath in the 3rd RD. I like it!

CashmoneyDrew
03-10-2009, 07:02 PM
McRath in 3rd round is pure sex.

TitanHope
03-11-2009, 02:43 PM
http://forums.kffl.com/showthread.php?t=247418

Projected compensatory picks by a poster on KFFL. He's been pretty accurate in the past.

Currently, he has us down as getting a 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th.

There's a possibility of getting a 3rd RD pick tho. He has Jacob Bell and Jake Scott cancelling each other out, but if that doesn't happen, we'll get a 3rd or 4th RD'er for him and lose our 5th RD'er.

Personally, I'd be ecstatic to get two 4th's, let alone a 3rd and a 4th.

Also, former Titans OL Marcus Johnson (http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3192) is visiting.

CashmoneyDrew
03-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Hooray compensation!

stephenson86
03-11-2009, 06:00 PM
ken lucas anyone? would he be a good upgrade to groom a rookie corner under?

TitanHope
03-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Got in a fight with Steve Smith...sounds like a Tians CB to me! :D

Except Finny wouldn't have gotten his nose broken. ;)

islandboy843
03-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Ken Lucas would be sweet.........

stephenson86
03-13-2009, 03:24 PM
he may be thirty but its an upgrade and makes the 1st easier

TitanHope
03-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Torry Holt has been cut... :D

stephenson86
03-13-2009, 08:42 PM
i want him lol

islandboy843
03-13-2009, 10:41 PM
If we get Holt ZOMGZZZZZZZZ....He seems like a Titans kind of player....Does his job without having to say much....A Jeff Fisher kind of player

CashmoneyDrew
03-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Torry Holt plus Justin Gage with Nate Washington in the slot would be a huge upgrade for our WR corps. And as said earlier, he seems like a Titans kind of guy no doubt. Also, I think he still has a little bit in the tank, unlike Eric Moulds.

OzTitan
03-14-2009, 05:12 AM
He's a WR the Titans would love when it comes to the mental aspects of the game, I just wonder if he's the type of WR that can be a #1 on a run first team who require physical play from the position. I dunno, maybe I'm underrating Holt but I can never seem to shake that "clean and untouched" impression when looking at him. Playing in that dome, avoiding contact like he seems to do a lot, not much of a YAC guy - doesn't overly fit the Titans style. He's about the polar opposite of Boldin and Anquan seems like a perfect Titans WR - so what does that make Holt?

But hey, #81 is still available :)

CashmoneyDrew
03-14-2009, 12:03 PM
I read that we've signed Packers CB Jarrett Bush to an offer sheet. He's a restricted agent that requires no compensation. The Packers have a few days to match our offer I believe. Anyone know anything about this guy?

TitanHope
03-14-2009, 01:29 PM
24 years old...6'0...200 lbs.

Been a good special teamer for GB. Looks like he was their Dime CB in '07, Quarter CB in '08.

Either way, we need a guy who can play ST's. With no Carr, King, or Hill, we only have Griffin as a Gunner. He's young and cheap, so maybe Cecil and Robertson can make something out of him.

Besides, I had never heard of Eric King before we signed him.

TitanHope
03-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Ravens signed Carr. Wonder if we'll sign Justin Miller now. We lost 3 CB's, so we still need more guys.

Malaka got us Cornelius Ingram in the 4th RD!!! Hez a pteradactylz!!!

Also, despite what we do in FA from now on, I hope we go BPA in the 1st and 2nd. Whether CB (DJ Moore), LB (Clint Sintim), DE (Michael Johnson), WR (Hakeem Nicks), or yes, even RB (Andre Brown in the 2nd).

RB sounds crazy, but I want CJ to return kicks, and he's not gonna be able to do that while he's so important to the running game.

stephenson86
03-15-2009, 04:38 PM
why the hell havent we signed marvin harrison, torry holt and ken lucas yet....i say marvin because the two colts guys we have gotten have been kick ass :D

TitanHope
03-15-2009, 05:03 PM
One name:

Corey Simon

:p

stephenson86
03-15-2009, 07:00 PM
One name:

Corey Simon

:p

hes my herooooooooooooooo :D

CashmoneyDrew
03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
I had almost forgotten about him. Thanks a lot TH!

TitanHope
03-15-2009, 08:58 PM
I do what I can.

It's for the children, really. All for the lil baby child'ins...

stephenson86
03-16-2009, 01:12 PM
OMFG trade for cutler lol trade young

Titans10
03-16-2009, 05:39 PM
What up guys, haven't been around lately cause of work and my computer has been broken for the past year and just now got another one but anyways....CAN WE PLEASE GET CUTLER?? Do we have anything to trade? Maybe KC and Lendale for Cutler?? I dont think the Titans have the ammo or the balls but I would die a happy man to see JC in a Titan uniform, only if we would have drafted him a few years back we wouldnt have our currrent QB mess(not really a mess but no long term solution)

CashmoneyDrew
03-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Haha, let's see. We have Young, maybe Collins, Chris Henry, maybe Lendale, Alge Crumpler, Ryan Fowler, maybe Jevon Kearse. Not a whole lot unless we included some good picks probably. But you know the Titans and coach Fisher. They won't stand for anything but mediocrity at the quarterback and wide receiver positions. lol. JK, I hope....

stephenson86
03-17-2009, 01:33 PM
titans 10 you really are speaking my language lol, JC is my dream

TNPatsFan
03-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi guys. I'm trying to round up some Titans fans to help with a mock draft we will be doing soon on another site, similar to the one Malaka is doing for the Titans here on this site. This is an annual mock we do every year but we annually have a hard time finding someone to act as the Titans "GM". I made the picks for the Titans last year and I think I did pretty well for them. Here are the picks I made:
1-24 Limas Sweed WR
2-54 Tavares Gooden LB
3-85 Jason Jones DE
4-124 Steve Slaton RB
4-134 Martin Rucker TE
5-157 Andre Fluellen DT
7-229 Corey Lynch S

The problem with me doing the picks is, well, I'm actually a New England fan, but I've lived in Nashville for 14 years so I know the team well enough to make at least somewhat informed picks. But it would really be best to have some actual Titans fans doing it (then I could focus more of my time on the Pats draft as I will be acting as their GM). The idea is to get a group of fans to act as a team's "war room" and discuss all the picks and trades and such, and then to have a GM to post the picks that the group decides on. If you love the draft like I do, it's a lot of fun.

Please let me know via PM if you would like to take part in it and I'll get you more information. Thanks.

stephenson86
03-18-2009, 06:54 PM
dont give us alex mack like some clown has in his other mock draft please CB, WR, MLB or DT

CashmoneyDrew
03-18-2009, 06:56 PM
dont give us alex mack like some clown has in his other mock draft please CB, WR, MLB or DT

I think he's trying to get one of us to go to that site and be the GM for the Titans.

TNPatsFan
03-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah, sorry about that guys. I didn't want that to come across like I'm spamming and wanting you to "come join my awesome site". I hate that stuff. I'm a regular here on this site.

I was just trying to think of a way to find some Titans fans who would be interested in doing a mock on that site. For some reason there aren't many over there. No problem if you're not interested though. I don't work for the site or get anything for bringing people over there.

If anyone does want to go for it, just let me know. And I have taken note.. if I do end up picking for the Titans i will be sure not to take Mack.

stephenson86
03-19-2009, 05:13 AM
nah man dont worry i didnt think you were spamming or out just completely ****** up what ur post was haha, was tired as a ***** last night :(

The Legend
03-19-2009, 10:35 PM
I heard Lendale White came into offseason programs at 217 pounds.

CashmoneyDrew
03-20-2009, 12:55 AM
I heard Lendale White came into offseason programs at 217 pounds.

Cocaine is a helluva drug!

stephenson86
03-24-2009, 10:41 AM
he will be even worse lol

Malaka
03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Okay guys I'm back again and only the Titans 7th Rounder so far, take a look at what I have done for the Titans.

1st Round: Sean Smith CB Utah

2nd Round: Brian Robiskie WR OSU

3rd Round: Gerald McRath LB Southern Miss

4th Round: Cornelius Ingram TE Florida

6th Round: Sammie Stroughter WR/KR/PR Oregon St.

What do you guys think, and who should I target in the 7th round?

stephenson86
03-25-2009, 08:45 PM
i do like that draft a lot, shame we couldnt get alphonso smith top spot :(, i would add another CB in the 7th

CashmoneyDrew
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
You could pretty much go any direction. OT, OG, CB, LB, WR, QB. Probably just BPA out of those positions.

TitanHope
03-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Yup, CB and OT depth is my vote too.

Anyway, we got our comp picks: 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th. I was hopin' for two 4th's, but I won't complain. We were one of two teams to actually get 4 picks.

We'll get at least a 3rd RD'er for Haynesworth next year.

stephenson86
03-26-2009, 04:28 PM
so up for the draft now

stephenson86
03-31-2009, 01:36 PM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5181/scorezvc.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

finally got one answered

CashmoneyDrew
03-31-2009, 08:13 PM
Niiiice!!! I agree with him. Even though CB is somewhat deep as well. But hopefully we'll sign Torry Holt and alleviate our immediate need.

aNYtitan
03-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Alright where is stephenson with the big "Go get Jay Cutler" push?

stephenson86
04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
here he is lol, lets say to them we will give them this years first, next years, offer which ever QB they want and then sign torry holt and take CB in the 2nd

SORTED

CashmoneyDrew
04-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Well, apparently according to my sources we've signed Patrick Ramsey. :(

TitanHope
04-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Yup, and CB DeMarcus Faggins from the Texans.

I like both signings, and am more excited about Faggins than Ramsey purely because of his name...

...Faggins... *giggles*

CashmoneyDrew
04-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't really like the Ramsey signing just because there were better options out there IMO. But hey, there's a reason he's the GM and I'm not.

OzTitan
04-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Dinger had Ramsey in Denver. I would assume that factored in. He's an awful lot like Simms in style and career events to an extent. Both are guys who could do something with their careers if given the right conditions.

I can't see a realistic scenario where Vince or KC are our backup QB in 2010. If KC keeps the job, VY is surely out by then. If VY wins it back, KC won't stick around. Or maybe both are gone. Whatever scenario, we'll at the very least need a new backup QB. I think Ramsey is pinned as that guy. Sign him now, get him familiar with the system, and have him ready to backup whoever is starting in 2010 and beyond. Fisher likes stability and veteran presence at backup QB - the Titans backup QB position has had less turnover in the past decade than some teams and their starting QB spot - so I can picture him planning ahead for the backup.

Staubach12
04-05-2009, 12:24 AM
So The Titans have...

That right?

CashmoneyDrew
04-05-2009, 12:26 AM
So The Titans have...

4. Compensatory
5. Compensatory
6. Compensatory
7. Compensatory

That right?

I do believe that is correct sir.

stephenson86
04-05-2009, 11:36 AM
QB-
Kerry Collins – Current starter, game manager but getting old.
Vince Young – Potential star but hasn't shown he can handle the load completely.

HB-
Chris Johnson – Fantastic young runner, centrepiece of the offense.
LenDale White – Expendable.
Chris Henry – Has been ok but he is expendable.
Quinton Ganther – Tweener and good guy to have for depth.

FB-
Ahmard Hall – Animal of a blocker in the power run game and he can catch.

TE-
Bo Scaife – More of a HB has safe hands but is more of a #2
Alge Crumpler – Was very poor the season just gone, can be upgraded.
Craig Stevens – Run blocker and nothing more.

WR-
Justin Gage – Solid #1 but nothing special, more of a #2.
Nate Washington – Going to be our #2 and does suit the role.
Lavelle Hawkins – Should be our slot man this year, shows promise.
Justin McCareins – Poor player and should be #4 next year.

LT-
Michael Roos – Pro bowler and top 5 in the league.
Daniel Loper – Great backup.

LG-
Eugene Amano – Was solid in his first season starting.
Leeroy Harris – Future starter at C.

C-
Kevin Mawae – Aging but still good.

RG-
Jake Scott – Top 5 RG in the league.

RT-
David Stewart – Probably the best RT in the league.
Daniel Loper – Great backup.

RE-
Kyle Vanden Bosch – High motor guy and very solid.
William Hayes – Has great potential.

LE-
Jevon Kearse – Getting old and needs upgrading.
Jacob Ford – Hard nosed guy who gets after the QB.

DT-
Tony Brown – More of an UT, very underrated.
Javon Haye – More of an UT, has flashed greatness.
Jason Jones – More of an UT/DE, was outstanding in his rookie year (3.5 sacks vs PIT)
Kevin Vickerson – NT of the group.

ROLB-
Keith Bulluck – Still great but getting older and slower.
Colin Allred – Expendable.

MLB-
Stephen Tulloch – More of a backup ST player.
Ryan Fowler – Expendable.

LOLB-
David Thornton – Underrated very solid player.
Josh Stamer – ST player nothing more.

CB-
Cortland Finnegan – All-Pro.
Nick Harper – Old and needs replacing.
Vincent Fuller – Good Backup
Tyrone Poole – Old and needs replacing.

FS-
Michael Griffin – Great young FS.
Vincent Fuller – Good backup.

SS-
Chris Hope – Underrated, very solid guy and great leader.
Donnie Nickey – Very good ST player.

K-
Rob Bironas – Pro Bowler.

P-
Craig Hentrich – Old but has some leg left.

There are other players lower in the depth chart that have nothing to offer.

Positions of need-
CB
WR
MLB
DE
TE
DT

We should see if we can trade for a solid CB or WR and address the other need with our first overall.

Players we could trade-
Vince Young
LenDale White
Alge Crumpler
Jevon Kearse
Ryan Fowler/Stephen Tulloch

We dont have much to offer so it looks like its going to be building and improving through the draft more so than anything else.

what i think of our roster etc.

CashmoneyDrew
04-05-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Justin McCareins isn't with us anymore. Also, Daniel Loper signed with either the Falcons or Lions. I forget.

TitanHope
04-05-2009, 06:25 PM
McCareins is gone. Hasn't signed with anyone yet.

Loper went to Detroit like Eric King...*sniffles*

Whaddya think about the signing of Mark Jones, Voodoo? Great to have a former Vol! ;)

stephenson86
04-05-2009, 07:14 PM
would u rather have braylon edwards and shaun rogers, or chad johnson

CashmoneyDrew
04-05-2009, 09:21 PM
McCareins is gone. Hasn't signed with anyone yet.

Loper went to Detroit like Eric King...*sniffles*

Whaddya think about the signing of Mark Jones, Voodoo? Great to have a former Vol! ;)

Didn't know we had signed him. Doesn't look good for Chris Davis. But yay for another Vol!

would u rather have braylon edwards and shaun rogers, or chad johnson

If given the choice out of those three, I'd say Braylon Edwards with Shaun Rogers a close second.

CashmoneyDrew
04-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Just went to the Titans site and J. McCareins is still on our depth chart. It's also updated with Jovan Haye and Nate Washington. I could have sworn JMac was gone at the end of the season.

TitanHope
04-06-2009, 03:13 AM
I think Steph meant Edwards + Rogers, or Ocho Cinco...

stephenson86
04-06-2009, 07:04 AM
yeh thats what i meant lol

TitanHope
04-06-2009, 10:02 AM
I take Edwards and Rogers over Ocho Cinco anyday, and I'm a HUGE 'Cinco fan. I think he got thrown under the bus and onto the grenade for the Cincy trainwreck. His personality allowed people to label him as a problem maker, and he was able to distract the media away from incompetant front office and lame coaching. I think he'd be the Pro Bowl caliber WR he used to be in Cincy.

Actually, I just may prefer to take OC85! Unless Braylon Edwards steps it up and stops dropping balls, I think 'Cinco would be the better WR for us. Shaun Rogers takes more plays off than Haynesworth, and I'm quite confident with Brown/Jones/Vickerson/Haye and addressing DT next year.

stephenson86
04-06-2009, 11:36 AM
my only with not having a beat NT is that we can get run all over and as much as vickerson has the size he has not shown enough to make me feel confident

Staubach12
04-06-2009, 04:20 PM
4. Compensatory
5. Compensatory
6. Compensatory
7. Compensatory

I traded 2 and 4 for Chad and 7th. (I'm using this thread to track what I have, hope you dont mind)

CashmoneyDrew
04-06-2009, 05:54 PM
4. Compensatory
5. Compensatory
6. Compensatory
7. Compensatory

I traded 2 and 4 for Chad and 7th. (I'm using this thread to track what I have, hope you dont mind)

Sounds good to me sir.

TitanHope
04-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Whoo Chad Ocho Cinco!!!

Look at it this way. That 2nd RD pick could've been a Chris Henry.

Then again, it could be a Jason Jones as well...

But we shall assume it was a Henry, and Staubach is a genius!

All hail Staubach!!!

CashmoneyDrew
04-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, that's not a bad trade at all. I guess with the first now you can go CB or BPA at LB or DL now.

TitanHope
04-06-2009, 07:12 PM
1st: Michael Johnson, DE - perfect fit for our DL scheme, and will BEAST on our line.

2nd: Traded for teh 'Cinco

3rd: Gerald McRath, OLB/Project MIKE - Bulluck, David Thornton, and Stephen Tulloch are FA's after this season. Stanford Keglar may be being trained to take over one spot, but seeing as there is the possibility of 3 open spots, a versatile LB like McRath is perfect.

4th: Traded for teh 'Cinco!

4th (Comp): Captain Munnerlyn - He's a Titans DB. Had nagging injuries during his senior season which made it less than stellar. Short, but so is Antoine Winfield. Ballin'!!!

5th: I dunno - Go crazy.

6th: BPA - Offensive Tackle in the mold of a ZBS

6th: Rulon Davis, DE/UT - Steal of the draft. He's a 1st-2nd RD pick if he could just stay healthy. A backup roll will lessen the chance of injury, and Ruuuuulllloooooooon, Daaaaaaaaaavvviiiiiiiiissss will conquer with his bull rush - Love him at UT.

7th: Crazy

7th: Hell, go crazy again!

7th: Sean Smalls, CB - Small school CB. No one knows about him, but he's got ideal size. Special Teamer that hopefully develops into a 4th or even 3rd/Nickelback CB.

stephenson86
04-07-2009, 04:42 AM
our team is now immense

stephenson86
04-07-2009, 08:16 AM
test............

TitanHope
04-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Sig looks sharp, Steph!

stephenson86
04-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Sig looks sharp, Steph!

cheers man :D starting to get back into making them :)

Staubach12
04-08-2009, 01:33 AM
How concerning is NT for you guys?
How about CB?
What about MLB?

CashmoneyDrew
04-08-2009, 02:09 AM
How concerning is NT for you guys?
How about CB?
What about MLB?

I'm not too concerned about NT to be honest. I think that can wait until the 5th or later and just be addressed with that depth. That is, unless some kind of great value falls to you. Corner is a pressing need if you ask me. We have little depth right now, and we need a potential starter since Nick Harper is like 35 years old. Plus his contract runs out after this season. MLB is a somewhat pressing need. But so is OLB. We have little depth and all of our starters are FAs after this season. Tulloch is probably better suited as a backup anyways.

TitanHope
04-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I mistook Vickerson for Haynesworth last year. I'm not too worried.

stephenson86
04-08-2009, 03:00 PM
I mistook Vickerson for Haynesworth last year. I'm not too worried.

lol he is a bit of a tank

TitanHope
04-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Dig the P-Willy sig Steph! Ya should do some Titans ones!

BigBlueDefense really wanted Vickerson for the Giants, but thankfully he wasn't a FA (though many sites had him listed as one). I hold BBD's opinion in high regard.

stephenson86
04-08-2009, 07:54 PM
im gonna start making me some titans sigs, feeling like a griffin or a chris johnson one first

TitanHope
04-09-2009, 10:53 AM
April - when every dumbass who's seen Kiper and Mayock a few times on TV suddenly think they're NFL Draft experts.

In the midst of arguing with a guy on TitansCentral. I'm trying to explain to him that the transition from college to the NFL for a RB is easier than it is for a DE, and he thinks I'm crazy.

Back-up would be nice. I know OzTitan posts there.