PDA

View Full Version : Nate Davis

KCStud
09-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Just wondering who this guy is. Jason Whitlock thinks he is the best QB in the 2009 draft

bored of education
09-29-2008, 11:58 AM
nice sig. Nate Davis has a chance to be a 2nd-3rd QB.

keylime_5
09-29-2008, 12:27 PM
I remember him coming out of Bellaire HS in Ohio when he was a recruit. Strong arm and very mobile and he was the best QB in Ohio that year and a lot of people were upset that Ohio State didn't offer him that year. Turns out he is a possible first day draft pick (well, first 3 round draft pick since they changed the first day I guess). Most notable game for me for Davis was last year when Ball State almost beat Nebraska, that was his coming out party.

adschofield
09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
FYI, Fatlock went to Ball State, so there might be a bit of homerism going on there

abaddon41_80
09-30-2008, 07:57 AM
He's good but he is very inconsistent.

Buckrock101
10-03-2008, 02:13 AM
I see him as a second rounder right now, with the potential to go higher. He has a big time arm, and knows how to work a defense and run an offense. He does need to get more consistent, but he definitely has 1st round potential.

ESimsfan87
10-03-2008, 08:05 AM
I'll see him in person as my Central Michigan Chippewas will probably have all out slugfest with them to decide the MAC... No bias here...But I really like Dan LeFevour more.
Speaking of LeFevour and the draft process and the media hype... If you are interested in finding out more about him I did a feature piece on him for our Maroon and Gold magazine show. Really cool kid... But it should air tonight and I'll try to upload it when I get a chance.

The biggest thing I want to find out about Ball State and probably more about Nate Davis is if they can do it without Dante Love. Love had been the MAC's best wideout since Greg Jennings.

SuperMcGee
10-03-2008, 06:53 PM
I'll see him in person as my Central Michigan Chippewas will probably have all out slugfest with them to decide the MAC... No bias here...But I really like Dan LeFevour more.
Speaking of LeFevour and the draft process and the media hype... If you are interested in finding out more about him I did a feature piece on him for our Maroon and Gold magazine show. Really cool kid... But it should air tonight and I'll try to upload it when I get a chance.

The biggest thing I want to find out about Ball State and probably more about Nate Davis is if they can do it without Dante Love. Love had been the MAC's best wideout since Greg Jennings.

Ball State has looked better than Central Michigan this year. There's the thing with Love, but they looked pretty good last week. We'll see how that goes on into the year, just as we'll see how much LeFevour heats up further into conference play. Those should be the best two teams in the conference, but the Chips nearly lost at home to my Buffalo team. *cough* bad call on the 2-pt conversion *cough*
I keep becoming more intrigued at the third junior QB in the MAC West, Tim Hiller.

Babylon
10-03-2008, 07:03 PM
FYI, Fatlock went to Ball State, so there might be a bit of homerism going on there

Fatlock, that's a classic.

princefielder28
10-03-2008, 07:03 PM

I am a big fan of Dan as well (imagine that), but I would not mind having either QBs as 3rd round developmental guys who can be relied upon 3 years down the road.

holt_bruce81
11-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Just wanted to bring this thread back up, anyone watch him play Wednesday? Dudes got a cannon. I know Scott says he's a 2nd-3rd round pick, everyone agree?

He's going to be good in the NFL in my opinion.

ElectricEye
11-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Davis keeps moving up for me. He's still a junior. If he comes out this year, I would agree with the second round grade. He should go back to school next year though. He'll have a real shot of fighting himself into the late first round mix, with the possibility of going higher.

gator3guy
11-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Davis keeps moving up for me. He's still a junior. If he comes out this year, I would agree with the second round grade. He should go back to school next year though. He'll have a real shot of fighting himself into the late first round mix, with the possibility of going higher.

Yea i think staying another year would benefit him. He'll have all eyes on him next year. Like its been said he has a hose of an arm. Pretty mobile and decent size. I like him. I don't think he'll be a star, but in the right system he could be a pretty good NFL QB. But he should stay another year IMO.

Brent
11-08-2008, 11:00 AM
anyone watch him play Wednesday?
I watched and, NIU or not, he was on fire that game.