PDA

View Full Version : New York Knicks

Turtlepower
09-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Anyone else really excited for this year? Yeah, we might suck again, but at least we are actually beginning to change.

My favorite thing I've rad so far this offseason is this:

Ewing, Houston & Grunfeld headline Knicks camp (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2008/09/ewing-houston-grunfeld-headlin.html)

The Knicks first training session on Tuesday in Saratoga will include several familiar names; Ewing, Houston and Grunfeld. All we need is a Van Gundy, a Starks and one Oakley and it would be 1997 all over again.

Allan Houston, who is bound to set the world record for longest comeback, should be signed either today or tomorrow and will be in camp. Houston has not appeared in an NBA game since the 2004-05 season and is a long shot to make the roster. He tried to make a comeback last season but he showed up one week after training camp began and only played a few minutes of one exhibition game before shutting it down.

Danny Grunfeld, the son of former Knicks player and president Ernie Grunfeld, is also expected to be added to the training camp roster. Grunfeld was scheduled to play with the Knicks in the Vegas Summer League but an injury forced him to withdraw. Patrick Ewing Jr., acquired earlier in the month from the Rockets, has a good chance of making the final roster.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2008, 07:18 PM
man...I love the Knicks. I bleed blue and orange.

but come on man, we suck.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 07:21 PM

This is why I love BBD. So unbiased.

Damix
10-01-2008, 07:24 PM
If we weren't ******** and took Danillo in the draft I might have a bit of a better outlook on the future.

giantsfan
10-03-2008, 02:26 AM
We're going to lose a crap load of games because we have no one who can play defense outside of Jeffries and Chandler on the roster and even if everyone buys into the team game and we are able to move the ball and create good shots we still aren't good enough to win many games.

Given that Curry's come into camp as fat as ever and D'Antoni's been high on Duhon really being a pass first hard worker my guess at the starting lineup is thus:

David Lee/McCurry/Jerome James (Why must he be healthy enough not to have to retire!!!!!)
Zach Randolph/Jared Jeffries
Wilson Chandler/Quentin Richardson/Patrick Ewing Jr.
Jamal Crawford/Marbury/Houston
Duhon/Nate/Roberson

If you remember correctly early last season Zach was passing the ball and trying to prove he was a good team-mate until Marbury went batshit crazy again and Z realized that Isiah was his coach and so everything was going to fall apart, then he really started playing disgustingly for the stat-line. He's come into camp ready to run and he seems to be going with the program. He's a hardworker and a follower, it's just being the only one in portland who could make a basket he developed a lot of bad habits. His horrible contract has to go before the summer of 2010 but this season let him try and show himself as a team mate since his trade value can't possible get any worse, especially as his contract gets shorter and shorter.

Curry's in camp fat again, he just isn't physically capable of starting and running with this team and not having a heart attack. He'll sit on the bench play 20 minutes a night as a scoring big and waste away until someone desperate for low post scoring and size offers a 2010 expiring contract for him. *praying bulls offer hughes for him and rose or griz offer darko for him

Jeffries has a major trade kicker which makes him completely untradeable.

Craw has an early termination option this summer and if he has a big year and shows better shot selection and team work in this high ball movement offense he could be convinced he can do better as a FA at 29 than in 2011 at 31.

Marbury's contract is simply to big to trade and for management isn't going to buy him out. He'll get a shot in TC but if he isn't moving the ball like he's supposed to he'll be glued to the bench or sent home until he expires next summer.

Q and JFat are untradeable and expire by the summer of 2010 anyways.

THis season Mike D's going to feel out what he's got on his hands in terms of fits while Walsh tries to trade both Curry and Zach Randolph while hoping Craw has a good enough of season to opt out. If we lost those 3 contracts we'd actually be able to re-sign David Lee and nate will having gallo, chandler, this years rookies, ewing Jr. our 2010 rookies, a good defender in jeffries and plenty of cap space to add max caliber player.

My personal dream is if utah is convinced they're going to lose Boozer for us to somehow get our 2010 pick back from them for David Lee+. David's actually nailing free throws now so if he can show that new jumper in game situations he could really rack up major numbers and be the type of guy who makes himself better a weakness every summer.

I was day dreaming about this one:

Knick trade:
David Lee
Jamal Crawford
2010 2nd rounder (Denver)

Knicks Receive:
Adam Morrison
Matt Harpring
2010 1st round pick (New York)

Jazz Trade:
Kirilenko
Harpring
Brewer

Jazz Receive:
Gerald Wallace
David Lee
Jamal Crawford
Nazr Mohammed
Sean May

Charlotte Trades:
Gerald Wallace
Nazr Mohammed
Sean May
Adam Morrison

Bobcats Receive:
AK47
Ronnie Brewer
2010 second round pick (Denver)

Malaka
10-04-2008, 03:51 PM
We're going to lose a crap load of games because we have no one who can play defense outside of Jeffries and Chandler on the roster and even if everyone buys into the team game and we are able to move the ball and create good shots we still aren't good enough to win many games.

Given that Curry's come into camp as fat as ever and D'Antoni's been high on Duhon really being a pass first hard worker my guess at the starting lineup is thus:

David Lee/McCurry/Jerome James (Why must he be healthy enough not to have to retire!!!!!)
Zach Randolph/Jared Jeffries
Wilson Chandler/Quentin Richardson/Patrick Ewing Jr.
Jamal Crawford/Marbury/Houston
Duhon/Nate/Roberson

If you remember correctly early last season Zach was passing the ball and trying to prove he was a good team-mate until Marbury went batshit crazy again and Z realized that Isiah was his coach and so everything was going to fall apart, then he really started playing disgustingly for the stat-line. He's come into camp ready to run and he seems to be going with the program. He's a hardworker and a follower, it's just being the only one in portland who could make a basket he developed a lot of bad habits. His horrible contract has to go before the summer of 2010 but this season let him try and show himself as a team mate since his trade value can't possible get any worse, especially as his contract gets shorter and shorter.

Curry's in camp fat again, he just isn't physically capable of starting and running with this team and not having a heart attack. He'll sit on the bench play 20 minutes a night as a scoring big and waste away until someone desperate for low post scoring and size offers a 2010 expiring contract for him. *praying bulls offer hughes for him and rose or griz offer darko for him

Jeffries has a major trade kicker which makes him completely untradeable.

Craw has an early termination option this summer and if he has a big year and shows better shot selection and team work in this high ball movement offense he could be convinced he can do better as a FA at 29 than in 2011 at 31.

Marbury's contract is simply to big to trade and for management isn't going to buy him out. He'll get a shot in TC but if he isn't moving the ball like he's supposed to he'll be glued to the bench or sent home until he expires next summer.

Q and JFat are untradeable and expire by the summer of 2010 anyways.

THis season Mike D's going to feel out what he's got on his hands in terms of fits while Walsh tries to trade both Curry and Zach Randolph while hoping Craw has a good enough of season to opt out. If we lost those 3 contracts we'd actually be able to re-sign David Lee and nate will having gallo, chandler, this years rookies, ewing Jr. our 2010 rookies, a good defender in jeffries and plenty of cap space to add max caliber player.

My personal dream is if utah is convinced they're going to lose Boozer for us to somehow get our 2010 pick back from them for David Lee+. David's actually nailing free throws now so if he can show that new jumper in game situations he could really rack up major numbers and be the type of guy who makes himself better a weakness every summer.

I was day dreaming about this one:

Knick trade:
David Lee
Jamal Crawford
2010 2nd rounder (Denver)

Knicks Receive:
Adam Morrison
Matt Harpring

Jazz Trade:
Kirilenko
Harpring
Brewer

Jazz Receive:
Gerald Wallace
David Lee
Jamal Crawford
Nazr Mohammed
Sean May

Charlotte Trades:
Gerald Wallace
Nazr Mohammed
Sean May
Adam Morrison

Bobcats Receive:
AK47
Ronnie Brewer
2010 second round pick (Denver)

Ewwwww, I do not want Adam "/Cry I cant believe I was picked this high" Morrison. I love David Lee as a player and if he improves his jumpshot I really want him to stay on our team even if it is only as a sixth man, I want everyone else on this team traded except for Lee, just start over completely.

BTW, I also think the Knicks !@#$ing ******** for drafting Danillo Gallinari I am so pissed about that, I really wish we got OJ Mayo, but I'd rather have Joe Alexander over a soft 6'9 SF who can shoot and dribble decently for a big man, but he can't rebound, defend or do anything in the paint.

giantsfan
10-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Ewwwww, I do not want Adam "/Cry I cant believe I was picked this high" Morrison. I love David Lee as a player and if he improves his jumpshot I really want him to stay on our team even if it is only as a sixth man, I want everyone else on this team traded except for Lee, just start over completely.

BTW, I also think the Knicks !@#$ing ******** for drafting Danillo Gallinari I am so pissed about that, I really wish we got OJ Mayo, but I'd rather have Joe Alexander over a soft 6'9 SF who can shoot and dribble decently for a big man, but he can't rebound, defend or do anything in the paint.

I love Lee to, but with Mike D in town Gallo is being groomed to develop his play in the post and eventually take over the 4 next to Chandler. So I don't understand why we'd want to pay 8-9 mill per, Lee's expected demands, for a 6th man or big who'll be playing out of position at the 5. Add to that that getting our pick back for 2010 would be huge, we're going to suck that season and getting a chance at Rubio, Wall and Holliday would be worth giving up lee, plus it'd give us the flexibility to grab a center like Thabeet in the 09 draft.

I only included Morrison to match up the salaries and he's a good enough shooter to sit on the bench behind Chandler and be useful off the bench in this scheme. If he's a bum then we'd just not re-sign him and let him walk freeing up more cap space for that summer of 2010 Donnie Walsh seems to be targeting.

BTW Gallo's at least 6'11" He's as tall as Jeffries out there during practise, and his handle isn't just good for a Big man, it'd be good for a guard. He plays hard and tough, even though at the moment he just lacks the strength and bulk to bang in the post. I've never been the biggest Gallo fan, but in this offense he could really shine and he's got the right mentality and work ethic to go along with almost Dirk level shot, interms of unblockability. Mayo would've been nice, but unfortunately that was not to be and no one else really impressed me enough to be a the 6 pick over Gallo who does have the ability to be a nasty player under Mike D. Alexander's a better athlete but doesn't even come close to Gallo's Basketball skills and really seems like Lee 2.0 with better athleticism, but at the moment even rawer.

Malaka
10-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I love Lee to, but with Mike D in town Gallo is being groomed to develop his play in the post and eventually take over the 4 next to Chandler. So I don't understand why we'd want to pay 8-9 mill per, Lee's expected demands, for a 6th man or big who'll be playing out of position at the 5. Add to that that getting our pick back for 2010 would be huge, we're going to suck that season and getting a chance at Rubio, Wall and Holliday would be worth giving up lee, plus it'd give us the flexibility to grab a center like Thabeet in the 09 draft.

I only included Morrison to match up the salaries and he's a good enough shooter to sit on the bench behind Chandler and be useful off the bench in this scheme. If he's a bum then we'd just not re-sign him and let him walk freeing up more cap space for that summer of 2010 Donnie Walsh seems to be targeting.

BTW Gallo's at least 6'11" He's as tall as Jeffries out there during practise, and his handle isn't just good for a Big man, it'd be good for a guard. He plays hard and tough, even though at the moment he just lacks the strength and bulk to bang in the post. I've never been the biggest Gallo fan, but in this offense he could really shine and he's got the right mentality and work ethic to go along with almost Dirk level shot, interms of unblockability. Mayo would've been nice, but unfortunately that was not to be and no one else really impressed me enough to be a the 6 pick over Gallo who does have the ability to be a nasty player under Mike D. Alexander's a better athlete but doesn't even come close to Gallo's Basketball skills and really seems like Lee 2.0 with better athleticism, but at the moment even rawer.

Well Gallo was listed at 6'9 at the combine, and I too believe he can be good in D'Antoni's system, but not All-Star level. I do not think Lee would demand so much money but if he does then you are right, but I still would not want Morrison on the team, he has no potential and he just an above average shooter. I do not understand why we got Gallinari because now we have two back to back draft picks at SF, good thing we got rid of Balkman or that would have been back to back to back SFs... I think Chandler has some potential but then again he was drafted by Isaiah... what if Chandler is just as good or better than Gallo we keep um? dump Gallo? what happens? one of them 6th man? Do not forget we have Q at SF too he will be gone soon but I guess he will start this year.

EDIT: I could be wrong about Gallo's height though.

Turtlepower
10-05-2008, 02:43 PM

Yeah, but we can't be worse than last season. Honestly, I find this season a success if we can get Randolph traded during the season.

LTgiants
10-05-2008, 05:14 PM
David Lee isn't gonna be traded cause of gallo the only way he leaves the knicks is cause we cant work out an extension with him cause of the money being paid to Randolph who i think well be able to build up Randolph's trade value enough so that atleast other team besides Memphis and the clippers would be interested. and David lee is going to have a good year in this system.

giantsfan
10-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Well Gallo was listed at 6'9 at the combine, and I too believe he can be good in D'Antoni's system, but not All-Star level. I do not think Lee would demand so much money but if he does then you are right, but I still would not want Morrison on the team, he has no potential and he just an above average shooter. I do not understand why we got Gallinari because now we have two back to back draft picks at SF, good thing we got rid of Balkman or that would have been back to back to back SFs... I think Chandler has some potential but then again he was drafted by Isaiah... what if Chandler is just as good or better than Gallo we keep um? dump Gallo? what happens? one of them 6th man? Do not forget we have Q at SF too he will be gone soon but I guess he will start this year.

EDIT: I could be wrong about Gallo's height though.

I don't have the quote right now but Walsh and D'Antoni have said that they see Gallo as a four in this system. So once he bulks up and develops his post play he'll be playing the 4 next to chandler who'll be the three. However since Gallo's clearly not physically ready to bang regularly I could see Chandler being the primary backup behind Lee, WC is our best two player already and in the summer league and camp he showed an improved jumper and midrange game which is why I'm really happy with our forward situation. Again Morrison is included in the trade to make the salaries match up.

Yeah, but we can't be worse than last season. Honestly, I find this season a success if we can get Randolph traded during the season.

Trading Curry is more important to me than trading ZBo. ZBo has a bigger cap number, but he work hard on his game and conditioning while curry is just lazy and fat again. Honestly I'll be shocked if Curry starts this season, so moving him before he just rots on the bench would be the most important thing IMO. If We can trade curry, not spend too much on lee/nate extensions, and get craw to opt out or be traded we'll be in decent enough shape to add a stud in 2010, with zach and jeffries expiring in 2011 to give us $ to sign another major FA in 2011, the year Dwight Howard can opt out.

David Lee isn't gonna be traded cause of gallo the only way he leaves the knicks is cause we cant work out an extension with him cause of the money being paid to Randolph who i think well be able to build up Randolph's trade value enough so that atleast other team besides Memphis and the clippers would be interested. and David lee is going to have a good year in this system.

Lee is likely to look for something around what Biedrins got, which puts him in the 7-9 mil per range, which we just can't afford with McCurry, Zach, Craw and Jeffries still on our books.

Turtlepower
10-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Trading Curry is more important to me than trading ZBo. ZBo has a bigger cap number, but he work hard on his game and conditioning while curry is just lazy and fat again. Honestly I'll be shocked if Curry starts this season, so moving him before he just rots on the bench would be the most important thing IMO. If We can trade curry, not spend too much on lee/nate extensions, and get craw to opt out or be traded we'll be in decent enough shape to add a stud in 2010, with zach and jeffries expiring in 2011 to give us $ to sign another major FA in 2011, the year Dwight Howard can opt out.

I would prefer to get the money off the books to go after Lebron in 2010. Any way, they both need to go because they are both a waste of space under the basket. Also, you're giving Randolph a little too high praise in the work ethic department, imo.

giantsfan
10-06-2008, 12:37 AM
I would prefer to get the money off the books to go after Lebron in 2010. Any way, they both need to go because they are both a waste of space under the basket. Also, you're giving Randolph a little too high praise in the work ethic department, imo.

Nah, man Randolph works his ass off, he's just got a really round head which makes people think he's fat. Both should go, but ZBo will keep his trade value or increase it. Curry's just going to sulk and get fatter while on the bench.

http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/ap/18f4b5a7-213b-4d55-bf19-5e27f69ccd69.widec.jpg
http://www.hoops4thesoul.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/zachtheknick.jpg
http://www.nbaloud.com/images/zach-randolph1.jpg
http://rawsportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/randolph.jpg
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/zach_randolph.gif
http://www.nbaloud.com/images/prime-time-zach-randolph1.jpg

Turtlepower
10-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Nah, man Randolph works his ass off, he's just got a really round head which makes people think he's fat. Both should go, but ZBo will keep his trade value or increase it. Curry's just going to sulk and get fatter while on the bench.

But there is almost no value in Curry. We would probably get a little more than a 2nd round pick and a 7th man for him. We can still legitimately get a 1st rounder and a 6th man for Randolph.

bigbluedefense
10-06-2008, 11:41 AM
This is why I love BBD. So unbiased.

haha, thanks D, i try to stay level headed, even though its hard :)

Knick fans, seriously, we have no future. No recent future at least. We just need to gut the entire team from top to bottom, and rack up a bunch of money, and rebuild this entire team.

Our HC is trash, a coach who doesn't preach defense in NY? Thats terrible. Our players are trash (except David Lee), and we're in salary cap hell for a long long time.

The only thing to do is just start all over again. My worry is the Knicks will never do that bc James Dolan is the owner, and that worries me. But I can always hope.

Oh and btw, if you haven't noticed, the Donny Walsh era hasn't started off great either. We signed a poor choice for a HC, and drafted an italian boy who looks like he's 12 and will get thrown around in the NBA.

Nice....:(

bigbluedefense
10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
oh btw, i want to punch Eddie Curry's fatass in the face.

bigbluedefense
10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
ditto for supercancer Stephon Marbury

bigbluedefense
10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
and datto for that smiegel looking fool, Jamal Crawford.

giantsfan
10-06-2008, 04:07 PM
But there is almost no value in Curry. We would probably get a little more than a 2nd round pick and a 7th man for him. We can still legitimately get a 1st rounder and a 6th man for Randolph.

I think you're really over-rating our big guys value. If we could trade curry for a 2010 expiring I'd be extatic, like I'm seriously praying for a Curry/Darko trade.

As for ZBo all of the rumours from this summer had us packaging a first with him just to get teams to bite and even then our latest offers was supposedly Zach and our first for Marko and Darko

haha, thanks D, i try to stay level headed, even though its hard :)

Knick fans, seriously, we have no future. No recent future at least. We just need to gut the entire team from top to bottom, and rack up a bunch of money, and rebuild this entire team.

Our HC is trash, a coach who doesn't preach defense in NY? Thats terrible. Our players are trash (except David Lee), and we're in salary cap hell for a long long time.

The only thing to do is just start all over again. My worry is the Knicks will never do that bc James Dolan is the owner, and that worries me. But I can always hope.

Oh and btw, if you haven't noticed, the Donny Walsh era hasn't started off great either. We signed a poor choice for a HC, and drafted an italian boy who looks like he's 12 and will get thrown around in the NBA.

Nice....:(

This team's stated plan is to shed salary and pretty much glut this team for the summer of 2010 when Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson, etc. have opt out clauses and a lot of teams will have money to spend so I see a lot of those guys testing the free agent market. To accomplish that we've got to trade Zach and Curry, let marbury expire and hope that Craw has a good enough year to opt out this season, possible as he'll be 29 and looking for another big long term deal in a weak FA class. If we accomplished all of that we could re-sign lee and nate alongside Chandler, Gallo, PE2, a few rookies and Jeffries who's untradeable due to his trade kicker and go after a major FA or let lee walk and go after 2 major FAs.

Look I don't completely agree with that plan, I'd just sit on our guys unless we were actually getting assets in return for our crappy contracts and waiting til the summer of 2011 to be in position to give Dwight Howard a Max contract with some young talent polished and in place. But that's not Walsh's goal, D'Antoni helps Walsh's plan by making us more attractive to potential FAs and boosting our guys value by moving the ball on offense and getting a team effort that'll give our guys better looks and a more appealing game, while also having us out run teams. This isn't the physical defensive knicks style we've used in the past but this is a very team oriented scheme and will take a lot of conditioning and quick thinking which makes it very appealling to me as a fan.

Gallo's 19, he's got great height and incredeible handles. His shot is beautiful and while he isn't a great athlete compared to guys like Anthony Randolph, but he's a tough guy and a very team oriented player who thinks really quickly on the court and can really help our ball movement. But he's still very young, has a back problem right now and needs to bulk up before he's ready to play a majro role as a 4 right now. Give him time and he's got the work ethic and tools to be an allstar caliber player who's very tough and a leader for this team.

and datto for that smiegel looking fool, Jamal Crawford.

I'm just hoping Craw gets better looks with all of the ball movement and so has a good enough season to opt out this summer, or for someone to make a trade offer for him of a 2010 or before expiring and some picks.

Turtlepower
10-06-2008, 04:33 PM
I think you're really over-rating our big guys value. If we could trade curry for a 2010 expiring I'd be extatic, like I'm seriously praying for a Curry/Darko trade.

As for ZBo all of the rumours from this summer had us packaging a first with him just to get teams to bite and even then our latest offers was supposedly Zach and our first for Marko and Darko.

I think that for Curry, it will end up being a Marcus Camby kind of situation where we end up just trading 2nds, so I think you are correct. With respect to Randolph, I think that cause of his age and potential, some idiotic team will give us something for him. I may have been a little wishful with a 1st, but there is always hope for a Knicks fan, right?

giantsfan
10-07-2008, 12:55 AM
I think that for Curry, it will end up being a Marcus Camby kind of situation where we end up just trading 2nds, so I think you are correct. With respect to Randolph, I think that cause of his age and potential, some idiotic team will give us something for him. I may have been a little wishful with a 1st, but there is always hope for a Knicks fan, right?

There's hope and then there's insanity, and as Knicks fans it's important we keep away from Isiah's "It's so crazy it might work" line of reasoning. While I actually see Zach's value increasing as A) his contract is getting shorter and more and more money is coming off of it and B) in an offense centered on ball movement and doing thing quickly it'll hopefully prevent Zach from slowing things down and being such an offensive black hole. That said he'll never be a good defender but he's a great rebounder and with increased ball movement and efficiency would be a great scorer for a team needing a complimentary post presence.

Curry's going to rot on the bench and unfortunately devalue, he just lacks the stamina to play the way Mike D wants to play.

giantsfan
10-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Look at what team have contracts comparable to EC's and need a post scorer I came up with Miami, for Blount, Memphis, for Darko, and OKC for Wilcox as the best fits. Hopefully we can get one of those deals to go through and have a backup C who ccan play some D.

And if Craw explodes like expected and the Dallas fans turn on Josh Howard as expected I'd love to see those two swapped.

giantsfan
10-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Patrick Ewing Jr. had a great game on friday. Really hope he makes this team as his intensity and work ethic are great, he played very smart but at the same time showed range on his jumper, and the ability to play in the post thanks to his long arms and insane vertical.

buckeyes12
10-29-2008, 03:27 PM
the knicks are in the 1st year of the D'Antoni era. Much unlike Isiah Thomas, he is a good coach who runs a great offensive system. Isiah's offense was chaos and had no structure. This team has youth and talent.

I like Duhon because he's a pure point guard who is just going to get better. He's not a shoot first ballhog like marbury.

Jamal Crawford might need to go if he does not have a very good year in new york this year. He can score but cant play defense. He also needs to hit the clutch shot at the end of the game.

Richardson is ok when he's on, but is almost useless if he's not hitting the outside shots. Almost a liability on defense.

David Lee is the nucleus of this team. He will get lots of looks on the halfcourt offense, and will once again dominate rebounding, on the offensive side too.

Randolph is a force offensively but needs to improve his D in the post and decrease turnovers.

As for the bench I like Nate Robinson. Hes becoming a pure scorer and would see alot more time if he wasnt 5 foot 8.
Marbury can contribute but I dont like his role as a team leader because that clearly didnt work out. he needs to keep his mouth shut, score points off the bench to raise his stock, then he needs to be out of ny by next year.
Wilson Chandler is a beast who can have a breakout year under the run and gun offense. he kind of reminds of Richard Jefferson in his 1st few years in the league.

Bottom line: this team will get better and play team basketball under D-Antoni. I expect 30-35 wins this year and to def build off that for next year.
Then in 2010 the dynasty begins with either Wade or lebron

Rob S
10-29-2008, 03:30 PM
1st game tonight......let the suckage begin.

but, I have to disagree BBD. The future is at least brighter with Walsh. We are setting up for 2010 .......maybe, just maybe lebron join up. If not surely NY can lure d-wade or bosh.

Turtlepower
10-29-2008, 03:31 PM
I want James Harden in the draft soooooooooooooooooo bad.

giantsfan
10-29-2008, 05:14 PM
I want James Harden in the draft soooooooooooooooooo bad.

My draft board for the knicks:

Ricky Rubio, PG
James Harden, SG
Hasheem Thabeet, C
DeRozan, SG
Brandon Jennings, PG
BJ Mullens, C

As to RobS, we're not set up for 2010, we're actually set up for the summer of 2011 when Dwight can opt out, curry, craw, jeffries and zach all expire in 2011 and that's a total of almost 45 mil in cap space. If we can piss curry off enough for him to start trying or to opt out we'd actually have a good shot since both craw and zach are atleast drawing offers that'd mean 2010 cap space. Personally I'm hoping for rubio in this summer's draft so that in 2010 we can go after Bosh to be our center or if we add a young center through any of our trades we could go after DWade or JJohnson.

Rob S
10-29-2008, 05:23 PM
My draft board for the knicks:

Ricky Rubio, PG
James Harden, SG
Hasheem Thabeet, C
DeRozan, SG
Brandon Jennings, PG
BJ Mullens, C

As to RobS, we're not set up for 2010, we're actually set up for the summer of 2011 when Dwight can opt out, curry, craw, jeffries and zach all expire in 2011 and that's a total of almost 45 mil in cap space. If we can piss curry off enough for him to start trying or to opt out we'd actually have a good shot since both craw and zach are atleast drawing offers that'd mean 2010 cap space. Personally I'm hoping for rubio in this summer's draft so that in 2010 we can go after Bosh to be our center or if we add a young center through any of our trades we could go after DWade or JJohnson.

well, we WILL be set up for 2010. That is Walsh's entire thing. I am willing to bet a good bit of money that Randolph and at least one other player there is gone by the trade deadline. I am very iffy on Rubio. I was in Europe last semester and caught a few games. He was on and off and his body is nowhere near NBA ready. I mean, the man has skills, and we need a PG, and he is probably the best pick, but i am not in love with him.

LTgiants
10-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Brandon Jennings Oveer Rubio

Rob S
10-29-2008, 07:11 PM

his high top fade is pretty legendary....

LTgiants
10-29-2008, 07:18 PM
his high top fade is pretty legendary....

and he got skills

Rob S
10-29-2008, 08:24 PM
and he got skills

but the hair makes him that much sweeter :)

giantsfan
10-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Rubio's also still extremely young, I'd expect him to be inconsistent and not yet physically developed. I've only caught a couple of games from last year but he just seemed so in tune with the game and had such a great feel that I'd just love to see him running Mike D's system in the garden, especially with Gallo and Ill WIll as his sidekicks in the front court.

Turtlepower
10-30-2008, 12:19 PM

Brandon Jennings = Stephon Marbury.

James Harden is the best player in the country right now and is a team leader. He would be the perfect replacement for Crawford.

LTgiants
10-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Brandon Jennings = Stephon Marbury.

James Harden is the best player in the country right now and is a team leader. He would be the perfect replacement for Crawford.

Brandon Jennings doesn't equal marbury

Turtlepower
10-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Brandon Jennings doesn't equal marbury

He abandoned his college basketball team to go play for money in Europe for 1 season. He is anything but a team player. I do not want any locker room cancers on our team anymore.

LTgiants
10-30-2008, 01:25 PM
He abandoned his college basketball team to go play for money in Europe for 1 season. He is anything but a team player. I do not want any locker room cancers on our team anymore.

he didn't abandoned his college team he went to Europe cause he had sat scores that Arizona wouldn't accept. he isn't a cancer cause he went to Europe

Turtlepower
10-30-2008, 01:27 PM
he didn't abandoned his college team he went to Europe cause he had sat scores that Arizona wouldn't accept. he isn't a cancer cause he went to Europe

He admitted to not even try on his first 2 SATs. He was never serious about going to college in the first place. I don't want someone who doesn't even try to get into college. He is way too risky of a pick. I'd prefer Harden, Rubio or Demar Derozan.

LTgiants
10-30-2008, 01:32 PM
He admitted to not even try on his first 2 SATs. He was never serious about going to college in the first place. I don't want someone who doesn't even try to get into college. He is way too risky of a pick. I'd prefer Harden, Rubio or Demar Derozan.

he is a basketball player who knows he has talent obviously he isn't gonna try as hard as your or me to get in college and focus on being a student when his dream is to play in the nba. i would pick jennings before i pick rubio cause he is better in every aspect of the game

Forenci
10-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Very nice opening game last night!

I really thought the Heat would destroy us. They started to come back on us at the end, but Crawford and Robinson helped seal the deal.

Really great game by Lee, Crawford, and Wilson Chandler. I think Chandler will be a huge contributor to this team in the future.

Perhaps the season won't be completely miserably. Too early to tell after just one game though. Still, some signs of hope.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Last night's game...i haven't been that pumped up about a Knicks game in damn near over 4 years. Maybe longer than that.

giantsfan
10-30-2008, 07:53 PM

I have no problem with his decision. In fact I think he'll be a much better player for going to europe as they'll work on his team game so that he doesn't just rely on his disgusting athletic ability like he would've in college. Plus it lets him start collecting some paychecks just in case he has a career ending injury.

Very nice opening game last night!

I really thought the Heat would destroy us. They started to come back on us at the end, but Crawford and Robinson helped seal the deal.

Really great game by Lee, Crawford, and Wilson Chandler. I think Chandler will be a huge contributor to this team in the future.

Perhaps the season won't be completely miserably. Too early to tell after just one game though. Still, some signs of hope.

Craw and N8 are a big part of why we let them back in, they both started dominating the ball to much and killing the flow of our offense and our ball movement.

Ill Will is going to be a monster. His handle is his biggest weakness and he's at least good enough at everything that he could still improve, meaning none of his skills are just hopelessly bad, like Balk's jumper or Shaq's free throws. He's so physical that I actually think he's going to be the first big off the bench for us until we can trade Randolph.

I'm curious to see whether D'Antoni keeps slowly working Gallo. I really want him to be able to take over for QRich when Q gets his annual back injury.

Forenci
10-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Last night's game...i haven't been that pumped up about a Knicks game in damn near over 4 years. Maybe longer than that.

Absolutely. It's been a long time since we've seen a Knick team put out an effort like that. I suppose that's the most encouraging thing about it all. They're actually trying out there.

I have no problem with his decision. In fact I think he'll be a much better player for going to europe as they'll work on his team game so that he doesn't just rely on his disgusting athletic ability like he would've in college. Plus it lets him start collecting some paychecks just in case he has a career ending injury.

Craw and N8 are a big part of why we let them back in, they both started dominating the ball to much and killing the flow of our offense and our ball movement.

Ill Will is going to be a monster. His handle is his biggest weakness and he's at least good enough at everything that he could still improve, meaning none of his skills are just hopelessly bad, like Balk's jumper or Shaq's free throws. He's so physical that I actually think he's going to be the first big off the bench for us until we can trade Randolph.

I'm curious to see whether D'Antoni keeps slowly working Gallo. I really want him to be able to take over for QRich when Q gets his annual back injury.

That's probably the case, but both Nate and Crawford did help seal the game up with some late free throws.

giantsfan
10-31-2008, 02:43 AM
Yeah, but if we didn't start playing one on one Isiah style iso basketball in the fourth we wouldn't have needed those FTs in the end. That said I'm glad we got them becuase losing that game would've hurt, but I guess I jsut can't wait til we deal Craw or Curry.

Forenci
10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah, but if we didn't start playing one on one Isiah style iso basketball in the fourth we wouldn't have needed those FTs in the end. That said I'm glad we got them becuase losing that game would've hurt, but I guess I jsut can't wait til we deal Craw or Curry.

I doubt we deal Crawford at this point. He's easily our best scorer, and despite playing poor defense he is one of the few guys who can take the ball and shoot like D'Antoni likes.

There is also zero chance we deal Curry because who the hell would take him without a throw in like Lee or Robinson? I'm not opposed to giving up either of those guys if it means getting rid of Curry's contract, but it'd still be unfortunate considering the past few years those two guys were the only ones putting an effort on the court.

giantsfan
10-31-2008, 03:12 PM
I doubt we deal Crawford at this point. He's easily our best scorer, and despite playing poor defense he is one of the few guys who can take the ball and shoot like D'Antoni likes.

There is also zero chance we deal Curry because who the hell would take him without a throw in like Lee or Robinson? I'm not opposed to giving up either of those guys if it means getting rid of Curry's contract, but it'd still be unfortunate considering the past few years those two guys were the only ones putting an effort on the court.

The thing is Craw isn't a very good spot up shooter, he's much more consistent shooting off the dribble and that's not the Mike D way.

He may be our most talented scorer, but the beauty of this offense is no single scorer needs to carry the offense. As long as we're moving and cycling the ball there will be open shots for us to take and with our strong rebounding that gives us second chances on missed shots. I don't think we'd really be significantly worse off starting Marbs at the 2 and I hate starbury.

Craw isn't a great fit for this O because he's at his best when he can control the ball and dribble to penetrate or to shoot of the dribble. He just doesn't excell at the catch and shoot as evidenced by his low shooting percentage.

Our offense would be completely fine with ZBo and Lee up front Ill Will or Gallo at SF and the other on the bench alongside n8 da gr8, Qrich and Jslim, with dudu and marbs in the backcourt.

As for Curry I'm just hoping that he gets himself in shape while benched and some team desperate for a 7 footer who can score like E-city offers us a 2010 expiring for him.

bigbluedefense
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Hopefully Donnie tells Marbury to take that stupid tattoo on his head and shove it up his ass.

I felt decent after the first game....then we played Philly.

At least Chandler shows promise, and I love Lee's hustle. Nate is a good bench guy. We have some decent role players, we're just missing the stars. Easier said than done though right? lol. we just need to keep building.

giantsfan
11-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Hopefully Donnie tells Marbury to take that stupid tattoo on his head and shove it up his ass.

I felt decent after the first game....then we played Philly.

At least Chandler shows promise, and I love Lee's hustle. Nate is a good bench guy. We have some decent role players, we're just missing the stars. Easier said than done though right? lol. we just need to keep building.

We're moving the ball more, keeping our turnovers low and doing a better job getting assists. I thought we'd have a bottom 5 record this year and so I'm not really worried. I just want to see Gallo, Nate, Ill Will and Lee showing improvement while Randolph and craw pass more than in years past. The way Zach's playing he's actually a desirable player, if he keeps it up we'll actually be able to get something of value in return for him. This team still needs a PG, SG and C before we can contend, but with Gallo and Ill Will we have two future stud forwards with a good bench big (Lee) and 6th man scorer (N8). Personally I'm hoping that Lee gets traded for either a lottery pick or a young, raw, athletic Center, McGee or Jordan? With his pending free agency i just think he'll command too much of a long term commitment.

giantsfan
11-03-2008, 02:40 PM
My dream situation has us trading Zach for the aging Rasheed Wallace and Craw to cleveland for AV and Snow's contract at the deadline. I'm praying that we can work out a Mardy, marbury and DLee for Biedrins and Al Harrington trade since they need a PG, like Lee and are trying to ship out Harrington soon.

That'd leave us with
Biedrins/AV/Jeffries
Ill Will/Ewing Jr.
Harrington/Gallo
Q/
Duhon/Nate

heading into next years draft with a good shot at Rubio or Harden, if we could nab rubio and bring in Dionte Christmas with a late first/early second pick, I'd be happy with the shape the team was in. We'd be in position to add Wade or Joe Johnson in the summer of 2010 to fill out our roster. I'd love a lineup of Biedrins/Chandler/Gallo/Johnson/Rubio with Ewing Jr., Sideshow Bob, Christmas and Nate on the bench. We'd be real contenders in the east.

bigbluedefense
11-03-2008, 02:41 PM
We're moving the ball more, keeping our turnovers low and doing a better job getting assists. I thought we'd have a bottom 5 record this year and so I'm not really worried. I just want to see Gallo, Nate, Ill Will and Lee showing improvement while Randolph and craw pass more than in years past. The way Zach's playing he's actually a desirable player, if he keeps it up we'll actually be able to get something of value in return for him. This team still needs a PG, SG and C before we can contend, but with Gallo and Ill Will we have two future stud forwards with a good bench big (Lee) and 6th man scorer (N8). Personally I'm hoping that Lee gets traded for either a lottery pick or a young, raw, athletic Center, McGee or Jordan? With his pending free agency i just think he'll command too much of a long term commitment.

I like Duhon as our PG. He's the traditional blue collar Knick PG. We need a shooting guard next to him who's a playmaker.

I wouldn't mind letting go of Lee if and only if we can get a young, athletic rangy Center who can run the floor, block shots and play defense in exchange for him. Maybe package Lee and Randolph for a guy like that.

Im still not sold on Gallo. Has to get tougher, and show me he can play New York basketball.

Im old school too, I prefer post players. Most likely, we're just gonna sit on contracts and rebuild through the draft while saving up money for one big FA.

Forenci
11-03-2008, 02:47 PM
I think we just need to get some tough interior defenders. I think it's pretty clear that we have no size right now with Curry not playing. Not that Curry was a post presence anyways in terms of getting rebounds and playing interior defense. Still, any big, athletic teams will give us a ton of trouble like Philly did. Dalembert really man handled us. The Magic will KILL us with Howard when we play them.

giantsfan
11-03-2008, 02:49 PM
I like Duhon as our PG. He's the traditional blue collar Knick PG. We need a shooting guard next to him who's a playmaker.

I wouldn't mind letting go of Lee if and only if we can get a young, athletic rangy Center who can run the floor, block shots and play defense in exchange for him. Maybe package Lee and Randolph for a guy like that.

Im still not sold on Gallo. Has to get tougher, and show me he can play New York basketball.

Im old school too, I prefer post players. Most likely, we're just gonna sit on contracts and rebuild through the draft while saving up money for one big FA.

I like DuDu, but really he shouldn't be starting and if we can nab Rubio this summer to sit behind him for a year there's no way do I want DuDu back. Nate's completely capable of playing the Barbosa role as the backup, score first point guard off the bench.

My proposed Lee/Mardy/Marbury trade would bring us that rangy athletic center who plays good d and can block shots in Biedrins, who unlike most center can actually run the court in this system.

As for Gallo I don't question his toughness. He was very tough in italy and in his limited time has shown great dedication to the game and surprisingly solid D, the kids got a great attitude and I feel really good about him in this offense, despite not being very high on him for much of the pre-draft process.

I like post players and love the 90s badass knicks, but D'Antoni's really incredible with his system. The ball movement creates so many opportunities for good clean open shots and if we had the shooters it'd be money. As long as we've got a big guy in the post to play next to Ill Will who can handle the bigger guys in the league and still run with us I'll be more than extatic with this system's potential.

giantsfan
11-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I think we just need to get some tough interior defenders. I think it's pretty clear that we have no size right now with Curry not playing. Not that Curry was a post presence anyways in terms of getting rebounds and playing interior defense. Still, any big, athletic teams will give us a ton of trouble like Philly did. Dalembert really man handled us. The Magic will KILL us with Howard when we play them.

Yeah, this team really needs a 7 footer who keeps himself in good enough shape to actually see the court on this team, unlike curry who's been trying to eat himself out of the league for years now. But teams don't just give those guys up which is why I'm hoping that through trade we can get our hands on either a young raw guy like McGee or DeAndre Jordan, or pull of a trade for a guy like Biedrins who can run and rebound while providing strong interior man D and good help D.

However if that doesn't end up happening and Rubio doesn't come out this year I'm praying for us to grab Thabeet, at 7'2" he's a great help defender and shot blocker while being a very good man defender and being a good enough athlete to run and finish in transition.

bigbluedefense
11-03-2008, 02:54 PM

yeah i want big guys. i noticed thats a trend with me and sports. i like big physical strong guys, and teams that are nasty on defense.

with our system though, I don't see that happening. we're gonna go small and fast, and up tempo.

So as long as we have 1 tall rangy guy who can play defense on the inside, thats enough in this system.

bigbluedefense
11-03-2008, 02:55 PM
I like DuDu, but really he shouldn't be starting and if we can nab Rubio this summer to sit behind him for a year there's no way do I want DuDu back. Nate's completely capable of playing the Barbosa role as the backup, score first point guard off the bench.

My proposed Lee/Mardy/Marbury trade would bring us that rangy athletic center who plays good d and can block shots in Biedrins, who unlike most center can actually run the court in this system.

As for Gallo I don't question his toughness. He was very tough in italy and in his limited time has shown great dedication to the game and surprisingly solid D, the kids got a great attitude and I feel really good about him in this offense, despite not being very high on him for much of the pre-draft process.

I like post players and love the 90s badass knicks, but D'Antoni's really incredible with his system. The ball movement creates so many opportunities for good clean open shots and if we had the shooters it'd be money. As long as we've got a big guy in the post to play next to Ill Will who can handle the bigger guys in the league and still run with us I'll be more than extatic with this system's potential.

that could work. i really wanna see Gallo out there. i wanna see him firsthand.

i am also torn. should we tank the season and get a draft pick, or start establishing a winning culture now with the new regime? im tired of losin man, i wanna get excited about the Knicks again.

giantsfan
11-03-2008, 03:11 PM
that could work. i really wanna see Gallo out there. i wanna see him firsthand.

i am also torn. should we tank the season and get a draft pick, or start establishing a winning culture now with the new regime? im tired of losin man, i wanna get excited about the Knicks again.

Honestly I don't think we need to tank, we're bad enough were we'll have a high pick even if we stay focused and competitive. The East is the best it's been in years and if we can hang tough and play around .500 ball til the deadline our big contracts will be a lot more desirable.

If we're really contending around the deadline we should be able to move zach and craw for cap space and young cheap talent, after those moves we'll still be competing evey night but we'll lose enough to ensure a good lottery pick to help further fill out the roster while establishing a culture of hard work and team first play.

Look I'd love for us to be contender this year, but it's not happening so I don't mind losing a lot, I expect it and as long as the team is working hard and improving their understanding of what coach wants I'll be happy with this season.

As for Gallo you have to remember he missed all but one game of SL and all of TC and preseason, so he's still getting in shape and getting used to the NBA, coach is giving him a little time to get rid of the butterflies and once things start to click for him he'll get more and more minutes. For all the griping about player development in Phoenix under D'Antoni I love how he's been handling the distribution of minutes so far.

Forenci
11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah, this team really needs a 7 footer who keeps himself in good enough shape to actually see the court on this team, unlike curry who's been trying to eat himself out of the league for years now. But teams don't just give those guys up which is why I'm hoping that through trade we can get our hands on either a young raw guy like McGee or DeAndre Jordan, or pull of a trade for a guy like Biedrins who can run and rebound while providing strong interior man D and good help D.

However if that doesn't end up happening and Rubio doesn't come out this year I'm praying for us to grab Thabeet, at 7'2" he's a great help defender and shot blocker while being a very good man defender and being a good enough athlete to run and finish in transition.

Haha, you have no idea how much I am hoping we get Thabeet. I go to UConn, so I'm a huge Thabeet fan. I've seen him in person and the guy is a MONSTER in terms of size. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually was 7'3 like he's listed. The best part about Thabeet is that he's very coachable and a good guy too. He'd be a great pick. Very raw, but huge upside and a defensive monster.

Another guy from UConn who I absolutely love and would like to get at some point later in the draft is AJ Price. The guy distributes the ball exceptionally well and is a pass first type of player. Not to mention the fact that he's a huge leader for this team and the coaches love him and his attitude.

giantsfan
11-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Haha, you have no idea how much I am hoping we get Thabeet. I go to UConn, so I'm a huge Thabeet fan. I've seen him in person and the guy is a MONSTER in terms of size. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually was 7'3 like he's listed. The best part about Thabeet is that he's very coachable and a good guy too. He'd be a great pick. Very raw, but huge upside and a defensive monster.

Another guy from UConn who I absolutely love and would like to get at some point later in the draft is AJ Price. The guy distributes the ball exceptionally well and is a pass first type of player. Not to mention the fact that he's a huge leader for this team and the coaches love him and his attitude.

If Rubio doesn't come out Thabeet will probably be the guy I most hope ends up a knick. His coachability is one of the biggest reasons I'm so high on him, that and his freakishness on D.

BTW how's he looking offensively so far, is he developing any moves or improving the form on his shot?

Forenci
11-03-2008, 03:49 PM
If Rubio doesn't come out Thabeet will probably be the guy I most hope ends up a knick. His coachability is one of the biggest reasons I'm so high on him, that and his freakishness on D.

BTW how's he looking offensively so far, is he developing any moves or improving the form on his shot?

Hard to say, but they think he's really taken a good step forward this year in terms of offense. I don't know if he'll ever be a great shooter, but in terms of post play he should be vastly improved. The guy has superb work ethic, so a guy like D'Antoni could REALLY help his offensive game out at the NBA level.

Turtlepower
11-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Thabeet is just a poorer version of Tyrus Thomas. Thabeet is more raw and sucks much more offensively that Thomas. I really don't want to touch Thabeet at all. In fact, here is my Knicks wish list for this upcoming draft:

1. James Harden, SG, ASU
2. Ricky Rubio, PG, Spain
3. Nick Calathes, PG, Florida

Nick Calathes might not come out this year, but I suggest if anyone gets a chance to watch a Florida basketball game, watch this kid. He has one of the purest shots in college and is an excellent passer. If anything, he is a taller, but a little less athletic Steve Nash.

giantsfan
11-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Thabeet is just a poorer version of Tyrus Thomas. Thabeet is more raw and sucks much more offensively that Thomas. I really don't want to touch Thabeet at all. In fact, here is my Knicks wish list for this upcoming draft:

1. James Harden, SG, ASU

Nick Calathes might not come out this year, but I suggest if anyone gets a chance to watch a Florida basketball game, watch this kid. He has one of the purest shots in college and is an excellent passer. If anything, he is a taller, but a little less athletic Steve Nash.

Except Thomas was like 6'9 and Thabeet's at least 7'2" that's a major difference and Thabeet can be a dominant defender that really helps jumpstart our transition game. Sure it'll be a while before he's the offensive force we need but offense should be a big problem with Gallo and Chandler on the way as well as Craw, Q, Randolph, Lee and Nate still here.

Turtlepower
11-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Except Thomas was like 6'9 and Thabeet's at least 7'2" that's a major difference and Thabeet can be a dominant defender that really helps jumpstart our transition game. Sure it'll be a while before he's the offensive force we need but offense should be a big problem with Gallo and Chandler on the way as well as Craw, Q, Randolph, Lee and Nate still here.

I've always found Thabeet soft. He can block shots and has some athleticism, but I don't think he would be able to cut it with the majority of the big men in the NBA. Maybe I gotta watch him some more this year and he did improve a lot from his Freshman to Sophomore year, but if we are picking top-5, I don't want a project. I want a proven commodity.

Malaka
11-03-2008, 07:14 PM

1. James Harden, SG, ASU

This has nothing to do with the Knicks, but the two white guys I have loved in the NBA draft lately have been Kosta Koufos and Nick Calathes, partly because I am a Greek-American like these two lol (NBA 2K one day all Greek team ;)). Koufos I always thought was a Dirk Nowtizki type Big Man, who if can get a little better athletically and get more consistent can be a great scoring big man in the league. As for Calathes, I completely agree that he has a great shot, and has the potential to be a Steve Nash like player, he is a point guard who can score, but prefers to pass just like Steve Nash, I think Calathes can be a true PG, and will be around if he comes out while we are picking, I predict us to be in 8-12 area where I also believe Calathes will be.

I have also loved what I have seen from Wilson Chandler, and I actually have to thank Isaiah for drafting him and Lee. However, I was not a huge fan of drafting Gallinari, he has the shot and great dribbles for a man his size, but is tremendously lacking athletically, in the post (rebounding etc.) and defensively, he is not a spot up shooter (he is, meaning he can make those shots) but he can make his shots for himself, I really think he can be a good sixth man or role-player, I just do not think he will be a all-star player in the NBA, maybe a decent starter.

LTgiants
11-03-2008, 08:51 PM
have we all given up on this season and making draft boards and wish lists already? these are the guys i would look to draft if i was the knicks

1 Blake Griffin
2 Brandon Jennings
3 James Harden
4 Ty Lawson
5 Demar DeRozan
6 Chase Budinger
7 Stephen Curry

Thabeet is good on d and can block shots which we need but its not like he is a force on d i mean he did he got destroyed my hibbert in the tourney and thabeet has as much offensive skills as malik rose

Rubio- he is good and have seen some tapes and i liked what i saw and i no he has talent but i dont believe he will be as good in the nba as he is over there.

giantsfan
11-04-2008, 12:25 AM
This has nothing to do with the Knicks, but the two white guys I have loved in the NBA draft lately have been Kosta Koufos and Nick Calathes, partly because I am a Greek-American like these two lol (NBA 2K one day all Greek team ;)). Koufos I always thought was a Dirk Nowtizki type Big Man, who if can get a little better athletically and get more consistent can be a great scoring big man in the league. As for Calathes, I completely agree that he has a great shot, and has the potential to be a Steve Nash like player, he is a point guard who can score, but prefers to pass just like Steve Nash, I think Calathes can be a true PG, and will be around if he comes out while we are picking, I predict us to be in 8-12 area where I also believe Calathes will be.

I have also loved what I have seen from Wilson Chandler, and I actually have to thank Isaiah for drafting him and Lee. However, I was not a huge fan of drafting Gallinari, he has the shot and great dribbles for a man his size, but is tremendously lacking athletically, in the post (rebounding etc.) and defensively, he is not a spot up shooter (he is, meaning he can make those shots) but he can make his shots for himself, I really think he can be a good sixth man or role-player, I just do not think he will be a all-star player in the NBA, maybe a decent starter.

Gallo has looked good defensively the little time he's actually played, at least a lot better than expected and he's a really hard working guy with a great attitude. I like the pick I think he'll be a very good second option and secondary ball handler for us and massive mismatch once he fills out and moves to PF.

have we all given up on this season and making draft boards and wish lists already? these are the guys i would look to draft if i was the knicks

1 Blake Griffin
2 Brandon Jennings
3 James Harden
4 Ty Lawson
5 Demar DeRozan
6 Chase Budinger
7 Stephen Curry

Thabeet is good on d and can block shots which we need but its not like he is a force on d i mean he did he got destroyed my hibbert in the tourney and thabeet has as much offensive skills as malik rose

Rubio- he is good and have seen some tapes and i liked what i saw and i no he has talent but i dont believe he will be as good in the nba as he is over there.

Why would we add Griffin, Lawson or Curry? Griffin's a PF when we're way to stacked at F already with Gallo, Ill Will, Lee, Zach and possible EwJu if we cut someone soon. As for Lawson i'm really not very high on him and see him as a top 20 pick but not a top 10 pick, where I expect us to be picking and Curry is way to small to play SG in the NBA and lacks PG skills to make that transition.

Thabeet will really get most of his points in transition and would be huge for our transition game, over time he'd develop his offensive game as he's a hard working kid. We're going to suck for a few years so why not take our time and build the best team possible?

As for Rubio he's got to develop a jumpshot and I'm convinced he'll flourish in the NBA he just seems to have an unbelievable feel for the game and incredible chemistry and foresight into where he is team-mates are moving to at a very young age. If he can add a consistent jumper to keep guys from playing off him he'll be an All-Star.

LTgiants
11-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Why would we add Griffin, Lawson or Curry? Griffin's a PF when we're way to stacked at F already with Gallo, Ill Will, Lee, Zach and possible EwJu if we cut someone soon. As for Lawson i'm really not very high on him and see him as a top 20 pick but not a top 10 pick, where I expect us to be picking and Curry is way to small to play SG in the NBA and lacks PG skills to make that transition.

Thabeet will really get most of his points in transition and would be huge for our transition game, over time he'd develop his offensive game as he's a hard working kid. We're going to suck for a few years so why not take our time and build the best team possible?

As for Rubio he's got to develop a jumpshot and I'm convinced he'll flourish in the NBA he just seems to have an unbelievable feel for the game and incredible chemistry and foresight into where he is team-mates are moving to at a very young age. If he can add a consistent jumper to keep guys from playing off him he'll be an All-Star.

Gallo is a sf and ill will or Willie mcfly as i call him is also a sf even though he plays a 4 for us. With Griffin you can move one of them to there natural spots. David lee who though i want back is rfa who didnt get an extension though i hope he and Nate get there deals this summer there is no guarantee David lee will be back. Zach is not in our long term future even though we are stuck with his contract for a long time. we need someone who has height knows how to rebound and can play in the post while being able to play in our system that is griffin

Lawson and curry- i didn't say i would draft them in the top 10 or even in the top 5 i would obviously trade down before we take either of them i was just made a list of players who in the draft i feel will help us get better. Lawson can be a great pg for us if we drafted him. Curry ya i no he isnt a pg and doesnt have height but he can make a jumper and this team could use a sharpshooter like him.

Thabeet is gonna get most of his points in transition? how all he could do is dunk after being feed in the post 90% of the time he is gonna be the last one up the court unless he makes all his blocks on the perimeter i dont see how he is gonna get alot of points in transition

as far as rubio i wont be convinced until i see him do it in the nba so im not gonna argue cause i agree he can play from what ive seen but the nba isnt the same game

giantsfan
11-04-2008, 02:00 AM
Gallo's a tough kid who's still growing and filling out, he's supposed to be a 7 footer by the time he's done growing, hell he's already as tall as Jeffries, 6'11" and when he fills out I don't see why he can't play in the post. Defensively against the better fours he'll give up power inside but so does dirk and Gallo's tougher than dirk. Offensively what fours can really stop his handle, great length and jumper?

As for Ill WIll I'm not sure he's a SF. He really plays a powerful game and gives up some quickness on the perimeter to most SFs. He's a strong dude and at 6'8" he can play in the post with his hops and strength. In time I see him moving outside when he develops his perimeter game and drops some weight to help his agility.

Thabeet will regularly beat his man down court giving the knicks more chance to have numbers when attack the hoop.

LTgiants
11-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Gallo's a tough kid who's still growing and filling out, he's supposed to be a 7 footer by the time he's done growing, hell he's already as tall as Jeffries, 6'11" and when he fills out I don't see why he can't play in the post. Defensively against the better fours he'll give up power inside but so does dirk and Gallo's tougher than dirk. Offensively what fours can really stop his handle, great length and jumper?

As for Ill WIll I'm not sure he's a SF. He really plays a powerful game and gives up some quickness on the perimeter to most SFs. He's a strong dude and at 6'8" he can play in the post with his hops and strength. In time I see him moving outside when he develops his perimeter game and drops some weight to help his agility.

Thabeet will regularly beat his man down court giving the knicks more chance to have numbers when attack the hoop.

Gallo doesn't have a post game he is tall but he plays on the wings it doesn't matter how tall you are just cause your tall doesn't mean you can play in the post. just look at Yi and Andrea Bargnani both of them are tall guys who have no post game. Now can Danillo develop one sure he could but do you want to a wait a few seasons to see if he can or would you bring in someone who you know has a post game

Chandler is a natural sf he doesn't give up a lot of quickness if he developed a handle he could even play at the 2 cause he has size and speed. this yr he doesn't get to guard sf's cause we have to use him against bigger guys cause he is one of the better defenders and taller guys we have on the court.

unless Thabeet makes it up the court with the ball handler he isn't gonna get the points on the break cause he isn't gonna beat his own teammates down the floor if he creates a turn over.

Forenci
11-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Very nice game yesterday against the Wizards. I was REALLY impressed by Chris Duhon. He's been pretty good over the past few games, but he certainly had a great game against Washington. Not that Washington is a pillar of defense but he really distributed the ball well.

I think the thing that impressed me most about him was the fact that not only did he have 12 assists, but he had no turnovers. Those are Chris Paul numbers right there. Clearly not comparing Duhon to Paul, but it's a great thing to see. Duhon doesn't have great offensive ability but if he can continue to distribute the ball well we could really win some games this year.

bigbluedefense
11-10-2008, 03:58 PM
The Nuggets waived McDyess. I say we take a look at him. He can add some size and post presence in the paint for us, and be an upgrade on defense at Center. Or at the very least, a quality depth guy off the bench.

I know his first stay with us was terrible, but he wasn't healthy. He's finally healthy, and while he's not what he used to be, i think he can add a lot to our team.

You think the Knicks go for it?

Oh and btw, 4-2!!! Wooooooooooo!

Turtlepower
11-10-2008, 03:59 PM
According to McDyess' agent, there are 19 teams interested in him. So, I'm sure we inquired about him. I think it would be a great signing. The only upsetting thing about this season is it seems that we won't be able to draft James Harden. =(

LTgiants
11-10-2008, 04:00 PM
The Nuggets waived McDyess. I say we take a look at him. He can add some size and post presence in the paint for us, and be an upgrade on defense at Center. Or at the very least, a quality depth guy off the bench.

I know his first stay with us was terrible, but he wasn't healthy. He's finally healthy, and while he's not what he used to be, i think he can add a lot to our team.

You think the Knicks go for it?

Oh and btw, 4-2!!! Wooooooooooo!

Mcdyess is gonna sign with a contender like Boston or go back to Detroit no way he is gonna come back to new york the reason he didn't want to go back to Denver is because of when they traded him to the Knicks.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-10-2008, 04:00 PM
No offense but Antonio wants to go to a championship contender. He will probably land in Detroit, LA, San Antonio or Boston.

bigbluedefense
11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
:( </////3

Turtlepower
11-10-2008, 04:04 PM
:( </////3

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, where the hell is John Starks? What is he doing nowadays?

LTgiants
11-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, where the hell is John Starks? What is he doing nowadays?

he goes to lunch with you if you buy those ticket packages they advertise during the game

giantsfan
11-22-2008, 07:17 AM
In light of recent news this thread deserves jubilation and...dancing guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmLZRCjrMY

Malaka
11-22-2008, 01:52 PM
I am so happy, Zac Randolph although playing well was traded his contract gone, and Jamal "**** it I am shooting a tripled team fadeaway" Crawford are gone a new era of Knickerbockerness can begin, now I can change my Xbox live motto, which is "Trade Zac Randolph". If we can trade Eddy Curry I will be the happiest man on earth.

I guess are line-up will be

PG: Duhon
SG: Mobley
SF: Chandler
PF: Harrington
C: Curry??? or we go small and start Lee???

illmatic74
11-22-2008, 03:07 PM
I am so happy, Zac Randolph although playing well was traded his contract gone, and Jamal "**** it I am shooting a tripled team fadeaway" Crawford are gone a new era of Knickerbockerness can begin, now I can change my Xbox live motto, which is "Trade Zac Randolph". If we can trade Eddy Curry I will be the happiest man on earth.

I guess are line-up will be

PG: Duhon
SG: Mobley
SF: Chandler
PF: Harrington
C: Curry??? or we go small and start Lee???They will probably start Lee.

giantsfan
11-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Jeffries pretty much has the starting C job once he's healthy enough to take it, but I figure we'll start Lee there until then.

bigbluedefense
11-24-2008, 08:13 AM
build that cap space baby!!

i was excited about doing decent this year, but screw it. if tanking means getting a good draft pick and freeing up space for Lebron, or Bosh or Chris Paul, im all for it.

The Knicks will be back!

Forenci
11-24-2008, 04:16 PM
build that cap space baby!!

i was excited about doing decent this year, but screw it. if tanking means getting a good draft pick and freeing up space for Lebron, or Bosh or Chris Paul, im all for it.

The Knicks will be back!

Hah, yeah, though if I'm not mistaken the Hornets gave Paul a big extension a while ago or I would want Paul over any of those players. I'd love to get LeBron for certain. Any idea on when Dwight Howard is a free agent? I'd LOVE him. Big men like him don't..well, they don't even exist. A center with his ability and athleticism don't exist.

giantsfan
11-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Dwight's an FA in 2011 and Paul's an FA in 2012. In 2010 the top FAs are LeBron, Bosh, Wade, Amare, Joe Johnson, Dirk and Nash. Nash is practically a lock to come here for cheap that summer and hopefully we can nab LeBron/Wade/JJ and Bosh/Amare as well.

bigbluedefense
11-25-2008, 11:02 AM
I either want Lebron (duh).

Or if thats not possible, either Amare or Bosh. Im not a big fan of Nash. He's only getting older, and watching him play defense makes me want to gauge my eyes out.

I wanted us to draft Amare, so getting him now would make me ecstatic. Wouldn't mind Bosh either. If we can't get Lebron, we have to get a big man. Big men are so hard to find.

I like Chandler and I don't mind Duhon. If we can keep Chandler, Duhon and Lee, all blue collar guys with heart, and just gut the rest of the team and build from there, its a start.

Im not expecting much from Galinari. So my assumptions going forward are that he won't pan out. He hasn't even played yet and he's most likely out for the season. Little shrimp. I hated that draft pick.

Turtlepower
11-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Dwight's an FA in 2011 and Paul's an FA in 2012. In 2010 the top FAs are LeBron, Bosh, Wade, Amare, Joe Johnson, Dirk and Nash. Nash is practically a lock to come here for cheap that summer and hopefully we can nab LeBron/Wade/JJ and Bosh/Amare as well.

LeBron - I really don't think there is any doubt in our mind that he is our #1 option and probably the front-runner for us to sign.

Bosh - Easily our #2 option who would excel in D'Antoni's system. Depending on how much he asks, we might be able to get both him and LeBron. Toronto is going to spend their bank on him, so it might be tough.

Wade - He is loved in Miami, but if Miami signs Boozer this offseason like all the speculation says they will, Wade might be a perfect option for us. He won't demand as much as LeBron or Bosh on the open market, so he is probably the best bet to pair with one of the other 2 big options.

Joe Johnson - I really can't see Atlanta letting him walk away. I think he gets a contract extension before the start of next season. Then again, it is the Hawks I am talking about.

Amare - I 95% sure that Amare does not leave Phoenix. He is the team's franchise player and loves it there. He has his own bar/nightclub right next to the arena that is a major staple of Downtown Phoenix and seems to enjoy playing in the West. If there was anyone who would stay put of the top FAs, I see Amare as the best bet to not leave.

Nash - He will not play after next season. He has had back problems for a few seasons now and has a huge life outside of the NBA. Even if he was to come back, I would stay away from him only because he would most likely not be able to play more than 30 minutes a game at that age with his lingering injuries.

So the way I see it, our best bet is to go after LeBron and D-Wade.

Turtlepower
11-25-2008, 11:26 AM

Or if thats not possible, either Amare or Bosh. Im not a big fan of Nash. He's only getting older, and watching him play defense makes me want to gauge my eyes out.

I wanted us to draft Amare, so getting him now would make me ecstatic. Wouldn't mind Bosh either. If we can't get Lebron, we have to get a big man. Big men are so hard to find.

I like Chandler and I don't mind Duhon. If we can keep Chandler, Duhon and Lee, all blue collar guys with heart, and just gut the rest of the team and build from there, its a start.

Im not expecting much from Galinari. So my assumptions going forward are that he won't pan out. He hasn't even played yet and he's most likely out for the season. Little shrimp. I hated that draft pick.

I think we are done with Lee. He is too much of a hot commodity at the moment. And would most likely cost too much money to keep.

bigbluedefense
11-25-2008, 11:39 AM
I think we are done with Lee. He is too much of a hot commodity at the moment. And would most likely cost too much money to keep.

if resigning him means spending too much money, then forget it. its all about 2010 :)

i just want Lebron. they can get rid of the whole team for all i care. we'll play 1 on 5.

Turtlepower
11-25-2008, 11:43 AM
if resigning him means spending too much money, then forget it. its all about 2010 :)

i just want Lebron. they can get rid of the whole team for all i care. we'll play 1 on 5.

Honestly, all we need is LeBron and a quality PG. This year LeBron finally got a good PG to run the point instead of him. Now LeBron will win MVP. The only problem is that the Cavs can't get too good or else he might be more inclined to stay with the Cavs.

Anyway, I hope the fans make their plea for LeBron tonight at the game!!!!

bigbluedefense
11-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Honestly, all we need is LeBron and a quality PG. This year LeBron finally got a good PG to run the point instead of him. Now LeBron will win MVP. The only problem is that the Cavs can't get too good or else he might be more inclined to stay with the Cavs.

Anyway, I hope the fans make their plea for LeBron tonight at the game!!!!

Lebron has been winning with a bunch of bumbs his whole career so far. Its amazing how good he is. His team is basically the Knicks and he takes em to the Finals one year, and one game away from beating the champs this past year. He's amazing.

I have a feeling we don't get him though. I just don't see it. I think Brooklyn has a better chance. Id personally be shocked if he stays in Cleveland. Only chance I see of that happening is if they win a championship within the next 2 years, or they offer him partial ownership of the franchise.

Turtlepower
11-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Lebron has been winning with a bunch of bumbs his whole career so far. Its amazing how good he is. His team is basically the Knicks and he takes em to the Finals one year, and one game away from beating the champs this past year. He's amazing.

I have a feeling we don't get him though. I just don't see it. I think Brooklyn has a better chance. Id personally be shocked if he stays in Cleveland. Only chance I see of that happening is if they win a championship within the next 2 years, or they offer him partial ownership of the franchise.

I agree that he stays if they win a championship. The problem is I see them winning a championship this year. The team looks that good...

Also as far as NBA draft prospects go, one guy I really like is Eric Maynor from VCU. I really think he is an underrated PG prospect and would be awesome for us. Right now Maynor and Nick Calathes from Florida are my top 2 PGs outside the lottery.

giantsfan
11-26-2008, 01:40 PM

If Nash comes to the knicks it'll because he loves NYC, his offseason home is in the area, and he loves playing for mike D, that plus his age leads me to believe he'll sign for less than the MLE (6ish mill) to finish his career here with his coach.

Problem with DLee is he's just pathetic defensively and will be looking for 8-10 mill per if he can boost his scoring average with Zach gone. I'd much rather we use him to rid ourselves of curry's contract opening up room to possibly add 2 Max FAs as well as some quality vets like Nash who'll want to make a title run before retiring.

LeBron - I really don't think there is any doubt in our mind that he is our #1 option and probably the front-runner for us to sign.

Bosh - Easily our #2 option who would excel in D'Antoni's system. Depending on how much he asks, we might be able to get both him and LeBron. Toronto is going to spend their bank on him, so it might be tough.

Wade - He is loved in Miami, but if Miami signs Boozer this offseason like all the speculation says they will, Wade might be a perfect option for us. He won't demand as much as LeBron or Bosh on the open market, so he is probably the best bet to pair with one of the other 2 big options.

Joe Johnson - I really can't see Atlanta letting him walk away. I think he gets a contract extension before the start of next season. Then again, it is the Hawks I am talking about.

Amare - I 95% sure that Amare does not leave Phoenix. He is the team's franchise player and loves it there. He has his own bar/nightclub right next to the arena that is a major staple of Downtown Phoenix and seems to enjoy playing in the West. If there was anyone who would stay put of the top FAs, I see Amare as the best bet to not leave.

Nash - He will not play after next season. He has had back problems for a few seasons now and has a huge life outside of the NBA. Even if he was to come back, I would stay away from him only because he would most likely not be able to play more than 30 minutes a game at that age with his lingering injuries.

So the way I see it, our best bet is to go after LeBron and D-Wade.

Bosh, Amare, Wade and Lebron will all be looking for Max deals unless they get the chance to play together, as they've grown tight from playing for Team USA and want to be able to play together regularly. That said if we want to sign two of them we'll need at least thirty six mill in cap space, two max contracts, we're getting very close and can do it already if say Bosh and LeBron would take minor discounts to play together, if we move Curry we'll have room for 2 max guys and some vets to fill out the rotation/lineup.

I think Joe Johnson will get a Max deal himself as I think he's as good as Wade and has the versatility to play the point, SG and SF. That said he'll probably sign a major long term deal and if he's not back in atlanta and we miss out on LeBron I'd love to go after JJ, Bosh/Amare and Nash to run the point for a year or two while a kid like Catheles is slowly worked in.

As for Nash again he loved playing for Mike D, already loves NYC and will be looking for a title to wrap up his legacy as a basketball player. If we nab LeBron and Bosh/Amare I could totally see Nash signing here for cheap to try to grab a ring.

Nets arena won't be ready til 2012, I don't see LeBron going there. He'll either stay in cleveland if they can add a max player themselves, or come to NY is how I see it, the question is can LeBron convince Bosh, wade or one of his national team buddies to go to cleveland, the only city I've ever been to shittier than Detroit.

I don't see why LeBron would really want partial ownership of the Cavs, he's not a cleveland kid and he wants to be the first athlete billionaire, signing some of the cavs paychecks won't get him there. IMO he only stays in cleveland if he can win a title before then and get a Bosh, Wade or Amare to join him in cleveland.

My dream moves prior to 2010 season. Trade DLee and Eddy Curry for Shawn Marion or Mark Blount and Mario Chalmers, this move would only happen if Boozer starts hinting to wanting to stay in Utah. Anyway the point is deal McCurry and Lee together for 2010 cap space.

in this years draft select a PG, be it Rubio, Jennings, Catheles or anyone else Mike D likes and feels can run his offense in time.

Buy a late first rounder/Early second for either a great value who falls or Dionte Chrismas. That kid is slightly undersized 2 guard but he's very smart, an incredibly smooth spot up shooter and a willing passer and defender. With polish he could flourish off the bench under Mike D.

Re-Sign Nate to a long term deal between three and a half mil and four mil per.

Then sit quietly throughout 2009, seeing if anyone wants Jared Jeffries even with his trade kicker for an expiring.

That summer sign LeBron and Bosh or Amare to max contracts. Take the remaining money and sign Nash an Camby for three-four per over two or three years.

Head into the season with a starting lineup of
Nash
LeBron
Chandler
Bosh/Amare
Camby

with Gallo, Nate, Catheles, Chrismas, Jeffries, our multiple second rounders in 2010 and some vets willing to make a title run for the vet minimum filling out the rotation/bench.

And unless Cleveland wins a title and has a deep run in their other season before that summer I think this is a very plausible situation. Start of that FA season bringing in Nash and camby for a combine 7-8 mil and then approach LeBron about signing him and a buddy of his choosing.

Worst Case scenario we can't trade Curry and have to settle for Amare and his Knee, Joe Johnson and Steve Nash becoming Phoenix 2.0 with Chandler playing Shawn Marion and a better bench.

giantsfan
11-26-2008, 01:42 PM
I agree that he stays if they win a championship. The problem is I see them winning a championship this year. The team looks that good...

Also as far as NBA draft prospects go, one guy I really like is Eric Maynor from VCU. I really think he is an underrated PG prospect and would be awesome for us. Right now Maynor and Nick Calathes from Florida are my top 2 PGs outside the lottery.

Yeah if we end up grabbing a C like Thabeet or Mullens early I really want Donnie Walsh to buy a late first rounder for Maynor.

Turtlepower
11-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah if we end up grabbing a C like Thabeet or Mullens early I really want Donnie Walsh to buy a late first rounder for Maynor.

Mullens is so raw that he is barely playing for Ohio State. Thabeet just isn't good offensively.

giantsfan
12-06-2008, 02:35 AM
Mullens is so raw that he is barely playing for Ohio State. Thabeet just isn't good offensively.

Yeah I know Mullens isn't playing much now but I think he'll earn his minutes and start showing his potential as the season progresses. Guys with his athleticism and size just don't last very long in the draft and he could really be effective with all of the space inside that Mike D's system should create.

As for Thabeet he's shown constant progress at Uconn and is a good coachable kid with crazy length, 7'3" with a wingspan of 7'5"-7'6", his hops and he's starting to show some offensive moves. If we can't grab Rubio or harden I'd say grabbing one of these two raw centers would be a good move because few guys with that size can actually run with this team and Mike D's never had a 7 footer who could keep up, finally giving him one could be really good and ultimately our picks will have to win with Wilson Chandler, Nate, Gallo and whatever FAs we can reel in in 2010 alongside later picks to fill out the roster and some aging vets. So IMO if we can't get one of the top 2 guards we shouldn't take one of the wings who'd be buried on teh depth chart when we start getting good but instead grab a raw center who at least will be effective defensively and on the boards playing with the stars we sign.

My dream draft, we pick top 3:
1st round pick Rick Rubio, PG
purchase 2nd round pick Dionte Chrismas, SG

Alternatively I'd love to see us end up with
1st round pick James Harden, SG
purchase late 1st round pick Nick Catheles, PG / Eric maynor, PG

More realistically we'll be picking between 6-12 and go:
1st round pick Hasheem Thabeet, C / BJ Mullens, C
Purchase late 1st round pick Nick Catheles, PG / Eric Maynor, PG
Purchase 2nd round pick Dionte Chrismas

Head into next season with Thabeet, Harrington, Chandler, Gallo, Q, DUhon and Nate getting regular minutes with Titties, Jeffries, and Catheles picking up the remaining minutes and Chrismas being a situational shooter like Roberson was supposed to be.

Turtlepower
12-06-2008, 01:17 PM
We won't be drafting more than one first rounder this upcoming draft for cap reasons is what I would assume.

D-Unit
12-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah I know Mullens isn't playing much now but I think he'll earn his minutes and start showing his potential as the season progresses. Guys with his athleticism and size just don't last very long in the draft and he could really be effective with all of the space inside that Mike D's system should create.

As for Thabeet he's shown constant progress at Uconn and is a good coachable kid with crazy length, 7'3" with a wingspan of 7'5"-7'6", his hops and he's starting to show some offensive moves. If we can't grab Rubio or harden I'd say grabbing one of these two raw centers would be a good move because few guys with that size can actually run with this team and Mike D's never had a 7 footer who could keep up, finally giving him one could be really good and ultimately our picks will have to win with Wilson Chandler, Nate, Gallo and whatever FAs we can reel in in 2010 alongside later picks to fill out the roster and some aging vets. So IMO if we can't get one of the top 2 guards we shouldn't take one of the wings who'd be buried on teh depth chart when we start getting good but instead grab a raw center who at least will be effective defensively and on the boards playing with the stars we sign.

My dream draft, we pick top 3:
1st round pick Rick Rubio, PG
purchase 2nd round pick Dionte Chrismas, SG

Alternatively I'd love to see us end up with
1st round pick James Harden, SG
purchase late 1st round pick Nick Catheles, PG / Eric maynor, PG

More realistically we'll be picking between 6-12 and go:
1st round pick Hasheem Thabeet, C / BJ Mullens, C
Purchase late 1st round pick Nick Catheles, PG / Eric Maynor, PG
Purchase 2nd round pick Dionte Chrismas

Head into next season with Thabeet, Harrington, Chandler, Gallo, Q, DUhon and Nate getting regular minutes with Titties, Jeffries, and Catheles picking up the remaining minutes and Chrismas being a situational shooter like Roberson was supposed to be.
Purchasing a 1st rounder and then taking Calathes not Catheles is pretty much day dreaming.

giantsfan
12-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm a knicks fan what else do I have except my day dreams?

We're going to end up drafting Stephen Curry who will have to play the 2 guard because he can't run the point under d'antoni and because he's "buddies" with LeBron, let me dream. Do I crush your dreams by pointing out that Wade Phillips is still your head coach and Garrett has been trying to out Payton Sean Payton? No, so let me dream in peace.

D-Unit
12-07-2008, 05:08 AM
I'm a knicks fan what else do I have except my day dreams?

We're going to end up drafting Stephen Curry who will have to play the 2 guard because he can't run the point under d'antoni and because he's "buddies" with LeBron, let me dream. Do I crush your dreams by pointing out that Wade Phillips is still your head coach and Garrett has been trying to out Payton Sean Payton? No, so let me dream in peace.
Sorry. Dream on.