PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for the Bengals

bigbuc
09-29-2008, 07:21 PM
To pack it in... trade what they can. They could get Two 1's or a 1 and a 2 for... T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chad Johnson and let the young WR's play. So that they have Four picks in the frist two rounds.

Paul
09-29-2008, 07:25 PM
.... This isn't Madden.

MetSox17
09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
If you're gonna trade your star WR's, you better hope your QB is willing to go through another three years of suckage, or else you'll lose him as well. The Bengals don't need to clean out, they just need to stop blowing and play to their potential. Stop worrying about name changes and play the damn game.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-29-2008, 07:27 PM
They should take the advice I had for them 3 years ago.... Just give up baby!

d34ng3l021
09-29-2008, 07:29 PM
They need a massive coaches and GM overhaul. Their roster has talent that just isnt living up to potential. I blame that all on the coaches.

If that doesn't work out, I would try to get rid of/trade all the veterans. Restart with a decent young corp of Stacey Andrews (I think hes young), Rivers, Hall, and Joseph.

jballa838
09-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Marvin Lewis' career with the Bengals looks to be winding down. Great talent evaluator on offense in the skill spots, but their D is looking awful and really has been their downfall.

MetSox17
09-29-2008, 07:35 PM
If that doesn't work out, I would try to get rid of/trade all the veterans. Restart with a decent young corp of Stacey Andrews (I think hes young), Rivers, Hall, and Joseph.

I think the NFL needs to adjust the salary cap hits on releases/trades a little, to help teams with bad contracts out. It does no one any good to have a ton of crappy teams, and with the salary cap the way it's structured, if you're crappy, you're gonna be crappy for a while. If they just sat back and traded away all the guys that are useless, the hits on the salary cap the next year would be ridiculous, and they'd be forced to release MORE people to get under.

bigbuc
09-29-2008, 07:44 PM
I know its NOT madden!!! You have players who don't like playing there like CJ you have a player that wants a new deal and a lot of money TJ... there 31 years old... they have played on this team now for a long time. All thats come from it is, ONE JUST ONE playoff loss.

Also about ther QB I think they have him locked up for like 7 more years and about 75 mill so hes not saying anything.

If they trade them now the Bengals can go D with high picks they get for them or pick up a RB (Wells) the fans would like that. And the young WR's can play... its a lost season AND THERE NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS... This team is far away... stop thinking its a quick fix... JUST ASK THE RAMS ABOUT THINKING THAT WAY.

AkiliSmith
09-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Marvin Lewis' career with the Bengals looks to be winding down. Great talent evaluator on offense in the skill spots, but their D is looking awful and really has been their downfall.

Actually it has been complete opposite this season. The offense has been beyond horrible this season. The defense hasn't been great, but they have played 10 times better than last season.

And Marvin hasn't contributed a single good player to the offense other than Palmer, who was a no brainer choice.

21ST
09-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Well it looks like the bengals are back to suckage, its kinda refreshing.

BlindSite
09-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Its funny because, they've got talent up and down their roster, none of it seems to work together though. They need a coughlin, no ******** type coach that they just don't have.

MetSox17
09-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Its funny because, they've got talent up and down their roster, none of it seems to work together though. They need a coughlin, no ******** type coach that they just don't have.

Except that as the years go by, the amount of players that would respond well to these types of coaches dwindles and dwindles. The league changes every year, and this is one of those things that just isn't gonna be found anymore in a few years.

703SKINS202
09-30-2008, 09:02 AM
...to fire Marvin Lewis? Yes.

awfullyquiet
09-30-2008, 01:06 PM
If you're gonna trade your star WR's, you better hope your QB is willing to go through another three years of suckage, or else you'll lose him as well. The Bengals don't need to clean out, they just need to stop blowing and play to their potential. Stop worrying about name changes and play the damn game.

Get rid of carson palmer too.

Might as well.

BlindSite
09-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Except that as the years go by, the amount of players that would respond well to these types of coaches dwindles and dwindles. The league changes every year, and this is one of those things that just isn't gonna be found anymore in a few years.

I don't necessarily think that's true. The Giants, Eagles, Seahawks, Steelers (under Cowher), Patriots, just to name the obvious ones have been perrenial contenders under their coaches. The Seahawks are falling apart as we speak, and they played in a weak division but they've generally been the power in that division. The other teams have all been competitive and the Eagles more than most teams, with a lot of young players.

sweetness34
09-30-2008, 05:40 PM
They signed Benson, good things are coming in the near future for the Bungles. <sarcasm>

Xiomera
09-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Take it easy pal. Trade one of them if you wish, but two is absurd.

themaninblack
09-30-2008, 06:18 PM
It's obvious a coaching change is needed and you could argue it should have been made before last season. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem likely that our owner would do it.

We do have a wealth of relatively young talent on both sides of the ball and our defense has played VERY well up until this point. Unfortunately, Our offense has not been up to par and most of that problem can be put on our OL and even more specifically our Center. Even if Levi Jones is a shadow of his former self I still feel like we have 4 Good to Very Good offensive lineman but it is so difficult to be good when you have arguably the worst Center in the league playing for you. Chris Henry coming back is gonna help our offense a bunch and hopefully Palmer's injury is not too serious.

A coaching change(and not even a full overall), a solid center, and maybe 2 more solid players on defense would work wonders for this organization. It sucks because we really are that close but it still seems like we are so far away. This season is essentially a wash but I think we should make some changes now because the future could still be a bright one.

MetSox17
09-30-2008, 06:26 PM
I don't necessarily think that's true. The Giants, Eagles, Seahawks, Steelers (under Cowher), Patriots, just to name the obvious ones have been perrenial contenders under their coaches. The Seahawks are falling apart as we speak, and they played in a weak division but they've generally been the power in that division. The other teams have all been competitive and the Eagles more than most teams, with a lot of young players.

Ah, c'mon, i know you're not trying to make Andy Reid and Mike Holmgren look like hard nosed coaches. Cowher was and Coughlin still is, and Belicheat is just more of a respected guy because of his knowledge and track record.

Babylon
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
I guess you could look at it as they should have beat the Giants and if Carson had played against the Browns might have one that one leaving them at 2-2, big if. I dont think you blow it up in the NFL like some other sports, there is a fine line between the top and the bottom. If the trend continues then Lewis is probably going to be in trouble after they lose to the Cowboys next weekend.

Iamcanadian
09-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Cincy simply has an owner who through necessity is cheap. Cincy is a small market team simular to Buffalo and Arizona. That has made their owners appear cheap when in fact they simply lack the financial resources to compete on an equal footing with the bigger cities in the league.
Buffalo has tried to rectify the problem by selling a couple of games to Toronto, one of the biggest markets in North America. Arizona built their owner a brand new stadium to help bring in a lot more revenue. Cincy is Cincy.
Lewis has been kept far beyond his usefulness as a HC. At best he should have been fired at the end of last season and keeping him on can be summed up by saying Cincy's owner will not pay 2 HC's at the same time and will likely wait until Lewis's contract expires before hiring a new HC.
Unfortunately, their talent base is just getting older and their careers are wasted in Cincy. I think the team has pretty well quite on Lewis and is just going through the motions. They will put out till they break their losing streak as pro players hate the embarrassment of a losing streak and will fight hard to break it but once it is broken, Cincy will fall back waiting for the season to end.