PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the best offense in the NFL.

wicket
09-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Well the topic is kinda simple, which team in your opinion has the best offense in the nfl.
Personally I think since deuce is starting to look like enough of his former self the saints have the best offence in the bizz, but I may be biased. I assume that everyone with season ending injuries isnt on the team but players coming back quickly are in the equation (so brady is out Westbrook is in for instance).

Twiddler
09-30-2008, 04:58 PM
I don't know how it can't be the Cowboys. At least in my opinion. Romo, TO, Witten, MBIII, Felix, and that line scare the hell out of me.

sweetness34
09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't know about offence, but offensively talent wise it's the Cowboys, now it remains to be seen if they can be consistent offensively and put up points.

(I'm just givin ya **** about the spelling)

wicket
09-30-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't know how it can't be the Cowboys. At least in my opinion. Romo, TO, Witten, MBIII, Felix, and that line scare the hell out of me.

Well I do understand where you are coming from but for me brees is way ahead of romo, MBIII is my most overrated player in the league but Witten is really good. It was a close one for me but i just like the diversity in the passing game of the saints more, also I have to add that the depth at wr is better for the saints.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Kind of funny no one talks about Redskins as a top 10 defense yet they basically shut down 3 of those 5 teams there and have Philly on Sunday.

wicket
09-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Kind of funny no one talks about Redskins as a top 10 defense yet they basically shut down 3 of those 5 teams there and have Philly on Sunday.
redskins are about a top 5 defense on my book (ravens bears titans are first tier for me redskins among others are second tier)

Bruce Banner
09-30-2008, 05:31 PM
bears

Please, explain.

wicket
09-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Please, explain.

Well to keep it short they are in games whilst they have about the worst offense in the league and hester hasnt done much this year, they are right up near the top an yards per play, they have done this while they didnt play the easiest teams. Besides Urlacher is still my defensive stud of the league (although Haynesworth is getting close)

sweetness34
09-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Wait what? The Bears have one of the worst defenses in the league?

Have you not watched this team the past 5 years? We have had one of the best defenses in the NFL. And saying we have the best offense in the league is a joke lol. We have no passing game, our OL is inconsistent, and we don't have a #1 WR.

sweetness34
09-30-2008, 05:39 PM
And even this year with the points given up we aren't even close to having the worst defense in the league. We have faced some pretty decent offenses so far this year, and since our offense can't stay on the field to give them a blow they get worn down.

wicket
09-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Wait what? The Bears have one of the worst defenses in the league?

Have you not watched this team the past 5 years? We have had one of the best defenses in the NFL. And saying we have the best offense in the league is a joke lol. We have no passing game, our OL is inconsistent, and we don't have a #1 WR.

Nope I made a typing error I just ranked them in my first tier defenses

Bruce Banner
09-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Well to keep it short they are in games whilst they have about the worst defense in the league

Make up your mind.

Besides Urlacher is still my defensive stud of the league.
I like Brooking but.....

wicket
09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Seriously how hard is it to get that i accidentely typed defense in stead of offense. I said i rated them top tier, im not gonna make them one of the worst of the league in a sec.

sweetness34
09-30-2008, 05:50 PM
It's cool man, no worries. I wanted some of what you were smoking there for a bit though. ;)

Thinking about our offense just makes me wonder if we had a decent QB like a Trent Edwards, a Marc Bulger, etc how good our team could be this year.

MetSox17
09-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Well I do understand where you are coming from but for me brees is way ahead of romo, MBIII is my most overrated player in the league but Witten is really good. It was a close one for me but i just like the diversity in the passing game of the saints more, also I have to add that the depth at wr is better for the saints.

How exactly is Marion Barber overrated? Depth at WR? Marques Colston is a very good WR, but he's not on T.O's level. And who else is their depth? David Patten? Devery Henderson? LOL.

CC.SD
09-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Hey, great idea to not include the #1 scoring offense in this poll.

Chargers baby, the offense has put up 4 ridiculous performances; although against the Raiders they just decided to cram 25 points into the 4th quarter.

MetSox17
09-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Yeah, the Chargers are definitely up there. They're 1.b in my opinion.

Menardo75
09-30-2008, 07:47 PM
I think the Saints they are one of the most consistant this year and have put up great numbers.

Smooth Criminal
09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
I'll take Dallas. They have a ton of talent at the skill positions and a huge O-line.

Sucks that they can't live up to their talent.

skinzzfan25
09-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Other - San Diego

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2008, 08:07 PM
When Mcnabb is on, with a healthy Westrbrook and and weapons like Desean Jackson, the Eagles are the scariest team on offense to me. McNabb can go deep to any of his wideouts, they run screens ridiculously good, and have the ability to run the ball.

Bruce Banner
09-30-2008, 08:11 PM
When Mcnabb is on, with a healthy Westrbrook and and weapons like Desean Jackson, the Eagles are the scariest team on offense to me. McNabb can go deep to any of his wideouts, they run screens ridiculously good, and have the ability to run the ball.

This is kind of random but McNabb's arm is ridiculous. You usually don't hear about him getting props for his arm but he should.

bored of education
09-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Cutlers still threw for like 350 on the chiefs but only scored 19 total. i dont know this one is tough.

giantsfan
09-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Love the cutlers and love the giants on O, but I'm going with the Chargers right now, Rivers is playing out of his mind and LT should be getting healthier, although Eagles, saints and Cowboys are legit choices for #1.

princefielder28
09-30-2008, 09:52 PM
When Jason Garrett doesn't try to force the ball to T.O. then there's no contest, Big D

Sportsfan486
10-01-2008, 02:01 AM
San Diego. They are loaded at every position and put up major points. LT, Gates, two good receivers, a QB who throws TDs and a top-5 OLine. Plus LT and Gates are JUST NOW getting healthy when that offense was already putting up huge points.

Hard to put Cowboys as the top offense when Romo implodes 2-8 times every game.

Arizona and Denver don't have legit running games (Denver.. no.. running.. game.. what?) nor does N.O. if Deuce isn't 100%. The Eagles have injuries and are inconsistent.

wicket
10-01-2008, 03:15 AM
How exactly is Marion Barber overrated? Depth at WR? Marques Colston is a very good WR, but he's not on T.O's level. And who else is their depth? David Patten? Devery Henderson? LOL.

I dont think barber should even be mentioned along the line or LT or Peterson and he isnt of the quality of the likes of Steven Jackson Brian Westbrook or a Frank Gore. In my book he is a third tier rb which is nice but not great, he has never carried an entire load, has only recently become a starter and hasnt got dazzling numbers either.
To come back to the depth at WR Robert Maecham Lance Moore, both have looked great thusfar this season. And I agree that Marques Colston is not on the level of TO (although not far of) skillwise but he is a far greater influence in the locker room.

HawkeyeFan
10-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Its so weird not seeing the Rams up there :(

I'd have to say Philadelphia though.

Considering they don't have a completed Pro Bowler like Terrell Owens, they do very well with what they got.

Jughead10
10-01-2008, 11:30 AM

The Eagles put up points in spurts. They'll have two huge games that make them look better then they are and then they'll fizzle out. The Giants have a better offense than them in my opinion. But overall it has to be the Cowboys.

yodabear
10-01-2008, 11:35 AM
St. Louis Rams fo shizzle my nizzle dizzle.

FlyingElvis
10-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Giving the nod to Denver in the poll. 2nd best pass O in the league behind the Saints (who get my vote 2 weeks from now when McAllister is rolling again) and just ahead of the Cowboys. And a running game ranked just under Dallas w/121 ypg.

SD should definitely be in the poll, but until LT is back 100% they don't get my vote.

NYG should absolutely be in the poll. Maybe they got overlooked b/c they had a bye week, but this is the ONLY team in the top ten rushing & receiving. And maybe the only team I've really felt has the right to pull the "no respect" BS that teams like to throw around. In fact, now that I think about it, I wish I had voted "other" for the Giants.

awfullyquiet
10-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Denver. Shanny has players to work with now. He can pass and run whenever and on whoever.

Jughead10
10-01-2008, 12:36 PM
The Giants offense doesn't have as much of a quick strike aspect to it that a team like the Eagles have. Their O-line might be the best run blocking unit in the NFL. They are a constant prodding offense. Long drives that turn into points. Rarely ever any rushes that are under 2 yards. It isn't as "sexy" or have the big play aspect that some others do, but it is extremely efficient and it takes a huge toll on opposing offenses.

DiG
10-01-2008, 12:36 PM
for me its the saints when they are healthy. brees imo is the best qb in the nfl right now. bush, pierre, and deuce when healthy is a lethal combo and with colsten at full health they have a ton of options at wr in addition to shockey now.

J-Shock
10-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Drew Brees could have over 5k yards and have not one WR over 1k.

Just throwing that out there.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
I'll take the team with the QB who is bad ass enough to do this:

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq53/B4Bronco6/output.gif

Bruce Banner
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Cutler is strong as ****. How many reps did he put up at the combine?

Jughead10
10-01-2008, 02:22 PM

I don't know but Quinn did more I believe. If you want to talk about strong.

Cunningham
10-01-2008, 02:24 PM
i believe it was 24 which at the time was a record for quarterbacks, however quinn tied it the year after

10-01-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't know but Quinn did more I believe. If you want to talk about strong.

Yeah I know Quinn put up one more than Jay did, and I'm 99% sure Jay had 22, which is incredible for a QB, especially since Jay isn't "jacked" in a Brady Quinn sense. A lot stronger than he looks, I mean.

Bruce Banner
10-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Steve Young thinks Quinn's hugeness affects his ability to put touch on the ball and whatnot.
I wouldn't doubt it, Quinn didn't throw the prettiest ball in college.

M.O.T.H.
10-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Quinn doesnt even look like a QB. He's got a Linebacker body, a good 230+ w/ barely any body fat. Never seen anything like it.

As for the poll...gotta be Dallas. Garrett does tend to hold them back from time to time but, when he has his head on straight and stays balanced...they have the feel of a team that can score on any drive, at any moment.

MetSox17
10-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Didn't Joe Thomas only beat out Brady Quinn at the Combine by like three or four reps?

Basileus777
10-01-2008, 04:32 PM

Demorrio Williams flopped hoping to get a flag thrown. He admitted it after the game.

Bruce Banner
10-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Demorrio Williams flopped hoping to get a flag thrown. He admitted it after the game.

What's your point? He is still strong as ****.

giantsfan
10-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Giving the nod to Denver in the poll. 2nd best pass O in the league behind the Saints (who get my vote 2 weeks from now when McAllister is rolling again) and just ahead of the Cowboys. And a running game ranked just under Dallas w/121 ypg.

SD should definitely be in the poll, but until LT is back 100% they don't get my vote.

NYG should absolutely be in the poll. Maybe they got overlooked b/c they had a bye week, but this is the ONLY team in the top ten rushing & receiving. And maybe the only team I've really felt has the right to pull the "no respect" BS that teams like to throw around. In fact, now that I think about it, I wish I had voted "other" for the Giants.

We'd have a claim if our OC wasn't still trying to make the passing game predominantly vertical. Once Killdrive goes we'll have a legit claim to being a top offense.

10-01-2008, 05:00 PM

Not saying he's 100% a liar, but saying you flopped to get a penalty sounds better than admitting a diabetic QB made you look like a ragdoll.