PDA

View Full Version : Mark Clayton?

The Legend
09-30-2008, 08:20 PM
He has not caught a touchdown sense 12/24/06. Do you guys think he is going to become a pro bowler? Do you think they maybe they should trade him? if so how much could they even get for him...

CC.SD
09-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Didn't he just take a reverse for one? Not a pro bowler but he's seemed like a good option in the games I've seen him in. That offense needs a whole lot more talent across the board, it's tough to shine in that kind of situation, and especially so for a young wideout.

MetSox17
09-30-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't see why you would wanna trade him. When you compare what you'll get in exchange to his possible upside, it would make no sense whatsoever. The best you might get for him is a 4th or 5th, so just ride him out. Maybe since he finally has a QB he might play well eventually.

The Legend
09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Well I ment caught a TD like WR is suppose to do. I don't see why not to see what he is worth on the market. 10CTH, 100 YD, 0TD, in his last 5 games is nothing to be proud of.

BlindSite
09-30-2008, 10:48 PM
He is and was a good receiver, he just needs more talent getting him the ball. When your starting QB in every game fails to get over 200 yards its kind of hard to keep someone involved.

Iamcanadian
09-30-2008, 11:02 PM
He is never going to be more than a very mediocre WR. I don't think he has much trade value and probably wouldn't fetch much in a trade if anything.

A Perfect Score
09-30-2008, 11:26 PM
It would be stupid for us to trade him...who else do we have? Derrick Mason doesnt have many good seasons left in him, and Demetrius Williams has tons of talent, but he has yet to put it all together...and dont even get me started on Todd Heap. The best thing we can do for our young, developing QB (FLacco) is surround him with weapons. Ergo, trading one of our younger and more talented WR's doesnt make much sense now does it....

bearsfan_51
10-01-2008, 12:41 AM
He has not caught a touchdown sense 12/24/06. Do you guys think he is going to become a pro bowler?
Don't you think you kinda answered your own question there?

Breaker
10-01-2008, 05:56 AM
He has not caught a touchdown sense 12/24/06. Do you guys think he is going to become a pro bowler? Do you think they maybe they should trade him? if so how much could they even get for him...

I think you should trade your English teacher...

Ravens1991
10-03-2008, 04:06 PM
with him his problem is he is a carbon copy of Mason, and Mason is just better then him. Heap currently blows and we got a rookie QB. I hope we can work out the cap so we can have Clayton,D-will and a big WCO reciever like a TO style player. I would like that combo. He may be a pro bowl if Flacco becomes a elite QB which is still up in the air Joe is a rookie.

Personally I would rather see us trade/release Mason or Heap before him, Mason is old and we are re-building, and Heap has done nothing this year to prove he belongs in the NFL.

CC.SD
10-03-2008, 04:27 PM
I think you should trade your English teacher...

Normally I'm not a big fan of calling out people's grammar but this made me laugh.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-03-2008, 04:28 PM
with him his problem is he is a carbon copy of Mason, and Mason is just better then him. Heap currently blows and we got a rookie QB. I hope we can work out the cap so we can have Clayton,D-will and a big WCO reciever like a TO style player. I would like that combo. He may be a pro bowl if Flacco becomes a elite QB which is still up in the air Joe is a rookie.

Personally I would rather see us trade/release Mason or Heap before him, Mason is old and we are re-building, and Heap has done nothing this year to prove he belongs in the NFL.

Similar to Mason but not a carbon copy. Even when Mason is 50 he'll be better than Clayton. Clayton doesn't run clean routes like Mason, doesn't have nearly the hands or concentration, and he just doesn't seem to come down with balls at the frequency he should be. Also all this talk about trading Mason or Heap is pointless. You won't get anything better than a 5th rounder for them so their value is much greater if they stay, also no one wants Heaps contract.

Ravens1991
10-03-2008, 04:35 PM
thats why I wouldnt be opposed to cutting them for cap room to get young talent.

and hopefully we get Crabtree or Bay from MD.

badgerbacker
10-03-2008, 06:31 PM
The only options are he gets traded or he becomes a pro-bowler? They will keep him, and I don't ever see him being a pro-bowl type player. He could become a decent number two, at best.

ChewyRaven318
10-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Luckily, Clayton was signed pretty cheap for a first rounder. So we can afford to keep him on our roster, but I'm sure in 2010 unless he breaks out in '09 we'll be parting ways with him. Regardless of the QB situation in Baltimore, the problem with Clayton is that even when thrown the ball, he doesn't make enough of a play to make catches. This is why I'd rather have Mason than Clayton at the moment. I don't know if it's lack of motivation or what, but he's just not a #1 receiver anyways. I mean he's undersized, and just not as talented as we thought.

niel89
10-04-2008, 02:36 AM
i think that clayton is a good receiver but he is not as good as mason at this point and he is on a team that hasnt been all that great passing. hopefully cam can get him and the other receivers involved more and flacco can progress too.

MarioPalmer
10-04-2008, 12:41 PM
I would keep him. I look at him like a very poor mans Isaac Bruce with not quite the smarts. Let him work with Flacco and see if there can be any chemistry, let's be realistic here, Flacco will be his first QB he can grow with. McNair was a Mason man, so Clayton was never going to be a true #1 with him. Flacco, I think will give him the oppertunity to grow with Clayton and then you see what can happen. You definitly need to give him not just this year, but next as well.

2 more years then make your decision, but not before then.

Shane P. Hallam
10-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm sure he'd like to get out of there. Clayton would definitely get a shot with another team.

Ravens1991
10-04-2008, 02:05 PM
why do you think that? He has a young developing QB, and someone who at least makes it look like he knows what he is doing. The first time he had that in his career.

Shane P. Hallam
10-04-2008, 02:07 PM
why do you think that? He has a young developing QB, and someone who at least makes it look like he knows what he is doing. The first time he had that in his career.

Because despite that, he may get a shot somewhere with an already experienced and veteran QB?