PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Falcons, Week 5

iloxygenil
10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
This game intrigues me, only because Green Bay is so banged up, I figure that Greg Jennings and Donal Driver will pretty much house our secondary all day, but now knowing that shoulder isn't going to be 100% will they have the ability to take any deep shots? The short quick passing game that Green Bay uses all the time I know will be there and will be effective, but without that threat of getting it over the top, the run game will not get going, and the WRs will see more physical play (Which I believe they are capable of handling)

The injuries to your defense also have me thinking that this game is one that the Packers (a playoff team no doubt) could let slip away. The Falcons will have to play their heart out and really give it all they've got to sniff taking one away from the Pack @ Lambeau, but it could be done...or at least this Falcon fan hopes so.

What do you guys think about the matchup. What other than your WRs owning our CBs do you like. How do you think your defense stacks up against the Falcon running game, and how well can the side of the field opposite Woodson hold up? Can Nick cover enough ground to make up for the absence of Al? I know he's fast enough, but will they dedicate him that much to the pass or will they be content for Woodson to ride Roddy all over the field all day and hope that Robinson, Jenkins, and Douglas all have failing efforts.

Overall:
Falcons v Packers
OL v DL - Falcons get the edge here, ONLY because of injuries
DL v OL - Packers get the edge here. Falcons have 2 very good DL and then we have Grady and JA98 you guys have a monster OL
LB v TE/RB - Falcons have the edge here no question
TE/RB v LB - Push. No pass catching threat from the TE position, but the run game is a dangerous one
WR v Secondary - Push. With a healthy Al Harris this is a no brainer, but with him gone, Falcons will get some mismatches
Secondary v WR - Packers, and it's not close
QB v QB - Packers, time in the league and a better unit give Rodgers the edge here, even if he isn't 100%
ST v ST - Push. I like the Falcons punt game better, I also love that Elam has been so good this season. But there's no young kicker I'd rather have than Crosby.

So basically I see this being a great game. Going to come down to who can keep the other squad from breaking their big plays because both teams are very VERY capable.

ChezPower4
10-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I think if we can stop the run well this week we should be in great shape. I don't think Matt Ryan can beat us on his own.

Bosanac01
10-01-2008, 09:19 PM
I think if we can stop the run well this week we should be in great shape. I don't think Matt Ryan can beat us on his own.

If you guys stop the run, you win. If the falcons fall behind early, they arent catching up. Matt Ryan shits his pants, and the receivers cant catch a baloon.

ChezPower4
10-01-2008, 09:41 PM
If you guys stop the run, you win. If the falcons fall behind early, they arent catching up. Matt Ryan shits his pants, and the receivers cant catch a baloon.

Haven't watched the falcons much this year so can't really comment on the recievers. The only game i saw was most of the game agaist the lions and their not a real team so kinda hard to judge the Falcons on that game alone but from what I saw they looked like a solid young team.

iloxygenil
10-02-2008, 10:35 PM
People get way too high and way too low on Ryan. Tampa you could see he was scared, they were the first defense he saw in the NFL, they're a great one, and they put mad pressure on him, as the game wore on he settled in and was putting the offense in good position to make plays, I blame that loss on Mike Mularkey, the Defense was ballin out like crazy early on and got worn out because he wouldn't run the ball...without that INT they wouldn't have gotten that first 7, and it would have been a MUCH different game. You won't see the Falcons come out against a blitz happy defense and pass 3 times in a row...even if it's a draw on 3rd to Norwood it won't be 3 straight passes.

Last week Ryan looked good, looked better and better as the game wore on. Receivers blew it for the Falcons in that game. Again a game the Falcons could have won, this time it was on the players not the coaches. The Panthers rushing TD was a BLOWN call by the refs, lol, watched that like 8 times, it was an egregious hold on Houston that the guy got away with, that wouldn't have been a touchdown no chance in hell he was beating Houston to the corner. That was a huge difference.

If the Falcons get down early, even if only by 7 Mularkey feels the pressure to pass the ball to get back in the game instead of pounding away. We proved that even if it doesn't work really early on, it will break free, just like the KC game. They looked great the first couple of drives against the run, but we stuck with it and Turner got rolling, and so did Norwood a little later in the game. The Falcons are a run first team, there's no question about that, and it's in large part to a rookie QB, but also to the fact that we have 2 fantastic running backs and the best 3rd RB in the NFL I'd be willing to bet. Jason Snelling looked like the best back in the NFL in the preseason (I know its only preseason) but he runs insanely hard and punishes tacklers. He'd be a successful back somewhere that didn't have Turner and Norwood in front of him.

The Falcons this week are going to need to just stay calm, stick with the run game and don't try to throw too much. With Harris out that gives us a big bonus, but if Woodson can't go at 100% look out, because Roddy will toast him all afternoon. I know Woodson is a great corner, but if he's not 100%, Roddy is, distinct advantage goes Roddy's way...and the Falcons.

TitleTown088
10-02-2008, 10:41 PM
him.
, but if Woodson can't go at 100% look out, because Roddy will toast him all afternoon. I know Woodson is a great corner, but if he's not 100%, Roddy is, distinct advantage goes Roddy's way...and the Falcons.
HeHeHahaHoHo. Just like TO?

Roddy White will get nothing, and like it.

PackerLegend
10-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Ya I wouldn't be expecting a big day from Roddy... Woodson has still shut everyone down playing with a broken toe. He wont feel much pain anyways because he has been getting injected before games.

GB12
10-02-2008, 11:08 PM
WR v Secondary - Push. With a healthy Al Harris this is a no brainer, but with him gone, Falcons will get some mismatches

Even with our injuries i think this match up heavily favors Green Bay. Our secondary should be able to shut down what ever you throw out there.

TitleTown088
10-02-2008, 11:57 PM
How many sacks for Kampy?

Goatboy1717
10-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Hahahahaha. Roddy White isnt going to get anything. Woodson will lock him down.

iloxygenil
10-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Hahahahaha. Roddy White isnt going to get anything. Woodson will lock him down.

You guys can all laugh all you want, but Roddy has beaten up on plenty of 'elite' CBs in the last season+ Roddy wasn't #8 in the NFL in receiving last year with no QB because he can't play the game. You'll get to see him up close and personal. BTW, TO beat the hell out of your secondary, but had a terrible case of the dropsies. But Roddy and TO is a good comparison, both are very physically imposing WRs (TO moreso structurally than Roddy, however both are very close as far as real strength) but Roddy has more speed than TO does (again not by much, but slightly so)

I know you don't think Roddy is much, obviously by your expectations, so I just hope that the Packers coaching staff prepares the same way. Which of course they won't they're a very good coaching staff. But if they do, look out. I know you want to stop our run game first, but getting the ball in Roddy's hands could always mean touchdown. If you haven't gotten to see what I mean, take a look back at last year, against some very good defenses like that of the Panthers where Roddy doesn't only get open but has a hell of a stiff arm and ability to break tackles.

The entire ATL WR Corps was pitiful last week aside from Roddy, I don't expect to see that happen again, I'm sure they were gettin busted all week during practice...3 CRITICAL drops on 3rd down passes just destroyed any chance the Falcons had in that game. The only reason the Falcons have a real chance in this game imo is the injuries you guys have suffered, I think that the Packers are built to win for the long haul, not just now, which they're ready for as well.

TitleTown088
10-03-2008, 04:34 PM
BTW, TO beat the hell out of your secondary, but had a terrible case of the dropsies. TO caught for like 17 yards, I think everyone BUT TO beat the Packers in that game.

TitleTown088
10-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Hopefully we don't see too much of this guy Sunday, no disrespect to him.

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/matt_flynn21.jpg

Goatboy1717
10-03-2008, 05:15 PM
You guys can all laugh all you want, but Roddy has beaten up on plenty of 'elite' CBs in the last season+ Roddy wasn't #8 in the NFL in receiving last year with no QB because he can't play the game. You'll get to see him up close and personal. BTW, TO beat the hell out of your secondary, but had a terrible case of the dropsies. But Roddy and TO is a good comparison, both are very physically imposing WRs (TO moreso structurally than Roddy, however both are very close as far as real strength) but Roddy has more speed than TO does (again not by much, but slightly so)

I know you don't think Roddy is much, obviously by your expectations, so I just hope that the Packers coaching staff prepares the same way. Which of course they won't they're a very good coaching staff. But if they do, look out. I know you want to stop our run game first, but getting the ball in Roddy's hands could always mean touchdown. If you haven't gotten to see what I mean, take a look back at last year, against some very good defenses like that of the Panthers where Roddy doesn't only get open but has a hell of a stiff arm and ability to break tackles.

The entire ATL WR Corps was pitiful last week aside from Roddy, I don't expect to see that happen again, I'm sure they were gettin busted all week during practice...3 CRITICAL drops on 3rd down passes just destroyed any chance the Falcons had in that game. The only reason the Falcons have a real chance in this game imo is the injuries you guys have suffered, I think that the Packers are built to win for the long haul, not just now, which they're ready for as well.

I think Roddy is a good WR. I've seen him play plenty of times but to say he is going to have a huge game against Woodson is ridiculous. Woodson is having a great year so far. I dont see him getting over 65 yards.

iloxygenil
10-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I think Roddy is a good WR. I've seen him play plenty of times but to say he is going to have a huge game against Woodson is ridiculous. Woodson is having a great year so far. I dont see him getting over 65 yards.

To say that a top 10 WR in the NFL can't have a great game is ludicrous. I like Woodson, a LOT, and I like the Packers. I'll pull for em in any other week, but obviously not this one. But it only takes a WR 1 catch to break out for 65 yards...Roddy already has a 70 yard TD catch, yes, not against Woodson, but the guy can burn, and it's going to be virtually impossible to keep him from getting the ball in his hands.

ChezPower4
10-03-2008, 08:50 PM
To say that a top 10 WR in the NFL can't have a great game is ludicrous. I like Woodson, a LOT, and I like the Packers. I'll pull for em in any other week, but obviously not this one. But it only takes a WR 1 catch to break out for 65 yards...Roddy already has a 70 yard TD catch, yes, not against Woodson, but the guy can burn, and it's going to be virtually impossible to keep him from getting the ball in his hands.

He has a 70 yard catch against Detriot... get back to me at the end of the season and lets see what other WR's had a 65 plus yard catch agaist the Lions defense... I'm guessing quite a few.

PackerLegend
10-03-2008, 10:12 PM
He has a 70 yard catch against Detriot... get back to me at the end of the season and lets see what other WR's had a 65 plus yard catch agaist the Lions defense... I'm guessing quite a few.

It was actually the Chiefs but ya pretty much same deal.

TitleTown088
10-03-2008, 11:06 PM
To say that a top 10 WR in the NFL can't have a great game is ludicrous. .

Roddy white a top ten WR???? Hell, the Packers alone has two that are better.

Bosanac01
10-03-2008, 11:15 PM
I dont know if Roddy White is a top 10 WR in the NFL, but he's a pretty good one. The guy is built like a LBer and is extremely athletic. Very underrated, runs great routes but still has never played with an average QB. If Matt Ryan develps good over the years, Roddy might be a pro bowl WR because he'll probly be his no. 1 target.

iloxygenil
10-04-2008, 12:54 AM
It was actually the Chiefs but ya pretty much same deal.
You have 2 great WRs in Pack town, but neither of them had the production Roddy did last year without a QB. I love Driver, and I think Jennings is going to be top flight for a very very long time. I hated that you guys got him to be honest, he was just so underrated.

But don't sleep on Roddy...your coaches aren't, your fans shouldn't be. Top 10 WR in yards with a cluster**** of QBs last season, plus injured, he'd have easily been higher on that list without his injury. Not to mention he didn't break out til about week 4 last year. I know it's a scary thought, but Roddy White is no joke, there was a reason he led the NCAA in YAC...his problem his first couple years in the NFL were...well...the C part in the YAC. He couldn't catch anything, now he's worked his butt off and it really shows out on the field. More players should work as hard as he does.

iloxygenil
10-04-2008, 12:57 AM
I dont know if Roddy White is a top 10 WR in the NFL, but he's a pretty good one. The guy is built like a LBer and is extremely athletic. Very underrated, runs great routes but still has never played with an average QB. If Matt Ryan develps good over the years, Roddy might be a pro bowl WR because he'll probly be his no. 1 target.

There's no might be...he'll be Pro bowl, no doubt, no question. If he matches last season's production (which he's already on pace to surpass) and the Falcons are 8-8 at the end of the year...Roddy White will be in Hawaii...if not this year...he'll get his no doubt about it. Ryan is a very fine QB...I was a major doubter of his, but his mind allows him to play the game...his arm is just fine...it's not the ideal arm, but they'll build that up. At 6'5 he can put on a lot in his upper body and get away with it, which they'll do for him.

GB12
10-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Al Harris, Cullen Jenkins, AJ Hawk, Atari Bigby, and Aaron Rouse are out. 4 defensive starters and our top safety back up who would be starting for our injured SS. Tramon Williams, Mike Montgomery, Brandon Chillar, and Charlie Peprah will be starting in their place.

Twiddler
10-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Al Harris, Cullen Jenkins, AJ Hawk, Atari Bigby, and Aaron Rouse are out. 4 defensive starters and our top safety back up who would be starting for our injured SS. Tramon Williams, Mike Montgomery, Brandon Chillar, and Charlie Peprah will be starting in their place.

Wow, that is ugly. Tomorrow could be an interesting game.

d34ng3l021
10-04-2008, 03:13 PM

Ouch. Thats really got to hurt. All were great guys against the run. If Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood get started early, it might be a long long day for the Packers and their defense.

Despite those injuries, that unit is better than the Chiefs and Lions unit and I want to see Ryan against them. He knows how to spread the ball and will look for other targets than Roddy. At the same time though, he has developed a chemistry with Roddy (who is on pace for another 1200 yard season) and will throw the ball to him when he is open. Woodson and White is a great match up. Woodson is having a terrific year and White is an up and coming WR. This is going to be a fun match up to watch. White, despite his 1200 yard season, is still an underrated WR. As soon as Ryan and the Falcons get better, he will make the league turn heads.

Speaking of WRs that will make the league turn heads, whats up with Greg Jennings? Talk about breaking out (I know he has already been good. He might just establish himself in the elite in a season or two). He makes everything look real easy and is very dangerous with the ball in his hands. I can see him having a big day against a sub par and inconsistent Falcons secondary. As for the Packers run game, I do not see it getting started. The Falcons are pretty good against the run (the rankings you see on NFL.com do not do us justice. Larry Johnson had one 48 yard run and Graham had a 68 yarder. Take out those runs and we do a good job) and I do not think struggling Grant starts up now. The offense is going to be all on the QBs shoulder. If Rodgers plays (which I am pretty sure he will. especially with the whole Favre streak thing), then I see him picking apart our defense. If Flynn or Brohm plays, then I think we have the game in hand.

But either way, I think this is going to be one close and fun game.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Roddy white a top ten WR???? Hell, the Packers alone has two that are better.

Lol, Donald Driver isn't close to Roddy at this point and Jennings and Roddy is a push.

GB12
10-04-2008, 03:55 PM
I'll give you White over Driver, but no way is he a push with Jennings.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Ok.

White had a better year last year with Joey Harrington at QB in comparison with Brett Favre.

White is still top ten in receiving this year with a rookie QB in a run dominated offense, and has yet to have a 'huge' game.

GB12
10-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Ok.

White had a better year last year with Joey Harrington at QB in comparison with Brett Favre.

White is still top ten in receiving this year with a rookie QB in a run dominated offense, and has yet to have a 'huge' game.
White definitely did not have a better year last year.

White had 1202 yards, 6 TDs, and a 14.5 average
Jennings had 920 yards, 12 TDs, and a 17.4 average

How do you possibly get that White had a better year out of that?

And this year Jennings is also having a better year so far. People said last year that he was just a product of Favre, but this year Favre's gone and he's currently leading the league in yards.

The only argument you have is that Jennings is playing with better QBs. I understand that, but I also think that gets overblown. The QB is supposed to get the WR the ball; Joey Harrington had no problem getting Roddy White the football. In fact White got the ball 83 times last year.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 05:08 PM
White definitely did not have a better year last year.

White had 1202 yards, 6 TDs, and a 14.5 average
Jennings had 920 yards, 12 TDs, and a 17.4 average

How do you possibly get that White had a better year out of that?

And this year Jennings is also having a better year so far. People said last year that he was just a product of Favre, but this year Favre's gone and he's currently leading the league in yards.

The only argument you have is that Jennings is playing with better QBs. I understand that, but I also think that gets overblown. The QB is supposed to get the WR the ball; Joey Harrington had no problem getting Roddy White the football. In fact White got the ball 83 times last year.

30 more catches and 300 more yards is a better year. Obviously the reason he didn't score as much as Jennings did is because of the offensive production. Considering situations White had a much better year last year.

And the arguement still stands. The offensive situation in Green Bay is still much, much better than the situation in Atlanta.

But obviously you won't change your mind and I will not change mine, so let's leave it at that.

PackerLegend
10-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Jennings put up those numbers on 13 games, while Roddy played 16. Favre also had alot more targets to spread the ball around to then the Falcons so they take away catches.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 05:11 PM
And ya Jennings put up those numbers on 13 games, while Roddy played 16.

John Abraham would be a top ten pass rusher of all time if he could stay healthy. Too bad that's not the case.

PackerLegend
10-04-2008, 05:14 PM
John Abraham would be a top ten pass rusher of all time if he could stay healthy. Too bad that's not the case.

Thats not the point, your comparing White vs Jennings and their stats. "Roddy has 30 more rec and 300 yards" well duh usually when you play 3 more games you will. Jennings has twice the TDs

QB doesn't matter its not like Roddy didnt get the ball because his QB blew and couldn't get him it. If that was the case he wouldn't get 83 catches.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Thats not the point, your comparing White vs Jennings and their stats. "Roddy has 30 more rec and 300 yards" well duh usually when you play 3 more games you will. Jennings has twice the TDs

I'm not even going to play the if game. Like I said I'm done.

PackerLegend
10-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm not even going to play the if game. Like I said I'm done.

There is no "if" game its a fact. When you miss games you likely wont put up the stats of someone who played a full season. Would Jennings have gotten 30 recs and 300 yards in 3 games unlikely. But his Avg and twice the amount of Tds would stay. Jennings doesn't stop after he gets the ball he is one of the best with YAC.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Lol ok. First of all injuries are part of the game. Roddy being more durable and tough is only a positive. Second, you are playing ifs. You are saying 'if' Jennings played 16 games he would have matched Roddy's production. That is an if. And if you want to play ifs we can.

Roddy White accounted for .336 of his teams passing yards last year. Same proportion into Packer's offense comes out to 1,469 yards.

Roddy White accounted for .35 of his teams passing touchdowns last year. Same proportion into Packer's offense comes out to 10 touchdowns.

Roddy White accounted for .25 of his teams receptions last year. Same proportion into Packer's offense comes out to 94 receptions.

Also, this is the same as saying 'if the Atlanta QBs threw as well as the Packer's last year, these would have been Roddy's stats. So 94 receptions, 10 touchdowns, 1,469 yards. Not too shabby.

In comparison, Jennings accounted for 21% of his teams passing yards, 38% of the touchdowns, and 14% of his teams receptions. Want me to factor those numbers into Atlanta's offense? Wouldn't be pretty.

Anyways, those numbers are silly but they are 'ifs' and mathamatically they work out.

And like I said, I won't convince you and you won't convince me so let that be the end of it.

Bosanac01
10-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Atlanta has no other target, no WR, TE... so all pressure is on Roddy which makes it much harder for him. GB has more weapons then just Jennings. You can say Jennings is having a better year, and sure he's leading the NFL in receiving yard, but GB has yet to surpass 100 yards on the ground. All the yards they get is through the air. Atlanta has the number one leading rusher in the NFL.

GB12
10-04-2008, 07:14 PM

Roddy White accounted for .25 of his teams receptions last year. So 94 receptions, 10 touchdowns, 1,469 yards. Not too shabby.

In comparison, Jennings accounted for 21% of his teams passing yards, 38% of the touchdowns, and 14% of his teams receptions. Want me to factor those numbers into Atlanta's offense? Wouldn't be pretty.
There's one major problem with your argument and you even said it in your own post. Jennings is only getting the ball 14% of the time compared to White's 25%. In other words White is getting the ball 1 out of every 4 completions while Jennings is getting it only once out of every 7 completions.

Roddy White got the ball 30 more times than Jennings.

If Jennings got the ball as much as White did he would've had 1441 yards and 19 TDs.

On the other hand had White gotten the ball as little as Jennings he would've only had 768 yards and 4 TDs.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 07:17 PM
There's one major problem with your argument and you even said it in your own post. Jennings is only getting the ball 14% of the time compared to White's 25%. In other words White is getting the ball 1 out of every 4 completions while Jennings is getting it only once out of every 7 completions.

Roddy White got the ball 30 more times than Jennings.

If Jennings got the ball as much as White did he would've had 1441 yards and 19 TDs.

On the other hand had White gotten the ball as little as Jennings he would've only had 768 yards and 4 TDs.

That can show Roddy gets open more. Or that Green Bay has more targets.

That's why stats are silly, which is basically what I was saying.

Just watching Roddy last year, I can almost guarentee he was better than Jennings.

But like I said, this arguement will go nowhere.

d34ng3l021
10-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I hope you guys realize you are getting nowhere. Legit arguments from both sides can be made and its just different ways of perceiving a situation.

White can be given credit for touching the ball more and putting up better numbers while having terrible QBs. Jennings can be given credit for making so much happen with only a limited amount of touches and with a QB who spread the ball.

This debate can just go in circles.

GB12
10-04-2008, 07:22 PM
That can show Roddy gets open more. Or that Green Bay has more targets.Bingo! You might finally get it. That's why the fact that White had 30 more catches and 300 more yards doesn't mean a whole lot because Jennings had a much better average.
Just watching Roddy last year, I can almost guarentee he was better than Jennings.
You obviously didn't watch Jennings then.

EDIT: White can be given credit for touching the ball more and putting up better numbers while having terrible QBs. Jennings can be given credit for making so much happen with only a limited amount of touches and with a QB who spread the ball. That's the thing though, he hasn't put up better numbers

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I hope you guys realize you are getting nowhere. Legit arguments from both sides can be made and its just different ways of perceiving a situation.

White can be given credit for touching the ball more and putting up better numbers while having terrible QBs. Jennings can be given credit for making so much happen with only a limited amount of touches and with a QB who spread the ball.

This debate can just go in circles.

I know that and have said that in like my last five posts, but I dislike not having the last word.

d34ng3l021
10-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Bingo! You might finally get it. That's why the fact that White had 30 more catches and 300 more yards doesn't mean a whole lot because Jennings had a much better average.

You obviously didn't watch Jennings then.

EDIT: That's the thing though, he hasn't put up better numbers

But at which expense? At being worse or at being in a terrible offense? The fact is that that question in unable to be answered.

TitleTown088
10-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Lol, Donald Driver isn't close to Roddy at this point and Jennings and Roddy is a push.

Now that's funny. Jennings a push? He's leading the NFL aha.

iloxygenil
10-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Jennings put up those numbers on 13 games, while Roddy played 16. Favre also had alot more targets to spread the ball around to then the Falcons so they take away catches.

No, Roddy played 15...and really 14.5...because of injury...the game he missed was against the defense he lit up for well over 100 yards earlier in the season as well...next point

iloxygenil
10-04-2008, 09:47 PM

QB doesn't matter its not like Roddy didnt get the ball because his QB blew and couldn't get him it. If that was the case he wouldn't get 83 catches.
Actually the QB couldn't get him the ball...not really...he had to make all of his yards on his own. He was catching 2 yard passes from Joey Harrington, while Jennings was the beneficiary of many long bombs from Brett Favre, and teams still having to respect Donald Driver (a very overlooked workhorse WR)

someone447
10-04-2008, 09:49 PM
30 more catches and 300 more yards is a better year. Obviously the reason he didn't score as much as Jennings did is because of the offensive production. Considering situations White had a much better year last year.

And the arguement still stands. The offensive situation in Green Bay is still much, much better than the situation in Atlanta.

But obviously you won't change your mind and I will not change mine, so let's leave it at that.

How do you win football games? By scoring. Jenning had TWICE THE NUMBER OF TOUCHDOWNS! Let me repeat that for those of you that are a little slo. GREG JENNINGS HAD TWICE THE NUMBER OF TOUCHDOWNS AS RODDY WHITE! Did you get that, I would rather not repeat it again. Having 30 less catches makes the number of touchdowns even more impressive. Is Roddy white good, **** ya he is good. But he is not better than Jennings. But than again, not many people are better than Jennings.

I may not post much anymore, but damn do I make it count when I do.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 09:54 PM
How do you win football games? By scoring. Jenning had TWICE THE NUMBER OF TOUCHDOWNS! Let me repeat that for those of you that are a little slo. GREG JENNINGS HAD TWICE THE NUMBER OF TOUCHDOWNS AS RODDY WHITE! Did you get that, I would rather not repeat it again. Having 30 less catches makes the number of touchdowns even more impressive. Is Roddy white good, **** ya he is good. But he is not better than Jennings. But than again, not many people are better than Jennings.

I may not post much anymore, but damn do I make it count when I do.

How do you catch touchdowns? By catching passes. Roddy was catching balls from JOEY HARRINGTON!!! Let me repeat that for those of you that take a little time to get things. RODDY WHITE HAD JOEY HARRINGTON AT QUARTERBACK! GREG JENNINGS HAD BRETT FAVRE AT QUARTERBACK! Did you get that, I would rather not repeat it again. Having Joey Harrington at QB makes having 83 catches, 1,202 yards, and 6 TDs even more impressive. Is Greg Jennings good, **** yeah he is good. But he is not better than Roddy White. But then again, not many people are better than Roddy White.

Note, the previously mentioned passes can not go over your head, for then they are deemed 'uncatchable.

dunagan15
10-04-2008, 09:58 PM
How do you catch touchdowns? By catching passes. Roddy was catching balls from JOEY HARRINGTON!!! Let me repeat that for those of you that take a little time to get things. RODDY WHITE HAD JOEY HARRINGTON AT QUARTERBACK! GREG JENNINGS HAD BRETT FAVRE AT QUARTERBACK! Did you get that, I would rather not repeat it again. Having Joey Harrington at QB makes having 83 catches, 1,202 yards, and 6 TDs even more impressive. Is Greg Jennings good, **** yeah he is good. But he is not better than Roddy White. But then again, not many people are better than Roddy White.

Note, the previously mentioned passes can not go over your head, for then they are deemed 'uncatchable.

Ha, love it, and agree...Long Live RODDY!!!!!

GB12
10-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Alright, enough Jennings vs White for this thread. All posts regarding that will be deleted at 10:30 so if you have any final words get them in quick.

dunagan15
10-04-2008, 10:19 PM
lets just let them settle it on the feild this tomorrow

GB12
10-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Alright, enough Jennings vs White for this thread. All posts regarding that will be deleted at 10:30 so if you have any final words get them in quick.
Actually I lied. There are some quality posts there that I don't want to delete. Just no more talking about it.

Bosanac01
10-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Dont delete posts, it messes with the post count and also if you do that you cant quote it and rub it in people's faces later.

GB12
10-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Dont delete posts, it messes with the post count and also if you do that you cant quote it and rub it in people's faces later.
That's the main reason for changing my mind. It should be something to look back on at the end of the year. I don't give a crap about post count though. If you lose four posts, tough. It doesn't mess with post count it just takes away however many were in the thread. I've done it before and will probably do it again sometime.

iloxygenil
10-05-2008, 12:12 AM
It's going to be a great game. I'm excited to see how it turns out. I hate that GB is so injury riddled that we won't get a fair run at them...just kidding...I love that the Falcons actually have a chance in this game...I know we're not as good as Green Bay is, but thanks to injury we have the opportunity to steal a big win on the road.

someone447
10-05-2008, 02:48 AM

GB12, delete this if you want, but I've been here longer, nanananananannanana(I'm very drunk forgive me.)

TWICE THE NUMBER OF TDS, TWICE THE NUMBER OF TDS!!!!

PackerLegend
10-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Rodgers is playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EvilMonkey
10-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Rodgers is playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAZAH!!!!!

BamaFalcon59
10-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Jvig43
10-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Do we know about Rodgers status for today? Edit NVM sorry, didnt read thro.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 11:07 AM
so is Hawk

oldLibid21
10-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I would say good luck, but I kinda wanna win this one.

BamaFalcon59
10-05-2008, 11:14 AM
I would say good luck, but I kinda wanna win this one.

I thought you were dead. Mostly because I had no idea what the measles did.

Bosanac01
10-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Too bad Rodgers is playing, John Abraham hits him once and he's out for a long time. Well good luck guys and i really wish Aaron well.

BamaFalcon59
10-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Too bad Rodgers is playing, John Abraham hits him once and he's out for a long time. Well good luck guys and i really wish Aaron well.

Ditto. I just wish you guys luck after today's game is over.

Bosanac01
10-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Ditto. I just wish you guys luck after today's game is over.

I wished them well. I just said I wish aaron well because he's hurt and John Abraham is gunning after him. I really want abe to get him though.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 11:38 AM
IS Abraham hurt as well? He's playing though, correct?

ATLDirtyBirds
10-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Hopefully Rodgers is ineffective, or we aren't winning this game.

Bosanac01
10-05-2008, 11:52 AM
IS Abraham hurt as well? He's playing though, correct?

OH he's playing alright.

d34ng3l021
10-05-2008, 12:06 PM
I am not watching the game, but White has 64 yards on the first drive.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I am not watching the game, but White has 64 yards on the first drive.

True, but they were both on blown routes were the DB fell over on his own. Wide open.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Frost is garbag, garbage.

d34ng3l021
10-05-2008, 12:19 PM
True, but they were both on blown routes were the DB fell over on his own. Wide open.

I am pretty jealous you actually get to watch the games live. I cannot even imagine that. I have to follow it online and I download it later :/

dunagan15
10-05-2008, 12:21 PM

Good lord, he will never get credit will he, yes the DB fell down and thats his fault how??? He stuck a good route and the Woodson didnt get his hips turned therefore he fell...Ryan and Roddy took advantage like any team would.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Good lord, he will never get credit will he, yes the DB fell down and thats his fault how??? He stuck a good route and the Woodson didnt get his hips turned therefore he fell...Ryan and Roddy took advantage like any team would.

Woodson tripped on his feet whoever was saying they can't watch it.

You can watch all games with a sopcast player dude

d34ng3l021
10-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Woodson tripped on his feet whoever was saying they can't watch it.

You can watch all games with a sopcast player dude

That stuff is just really inconsistent for me. Plus, I would have to run it on parallels cause I have a mac. I tried it all last year, but worked like twice.

roughrider30
10-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Beautiful pass! Driver better be ok

dunagan15
10-05-2008, 12:52 PM
That was pathetic

Twiddler
10-05-2008, 12:52 PM

I don't think we're saying he doesn't get any credit. I just think that those plays have to be taken with a grain of salt. Try not to get too defensive.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 12:57 PM
That was pathetic

That PI call? I know.

dunagan15
10-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Does yalls feild always cause this many slips??

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Does yalls feild always cause this many slips??

No I don't know what's going on.

Where was the pass defense there??? Every completion is to a guy open by 10 yards.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Terrible pass defense that entire drive. With no pressure. To Atlanta. My god.

someone447
Wheres The Pi!?!?!?!?!??!?

dunagan15
And now???

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 01:05 PM
It's worked well for me so far...

jackalope
10-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Why hasn't Woodson been matching up with White more?

Great job to take away 3 points Finley.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Holding on a **** FG they didn't even try to block. They are soo, so, so sloppy these days. shooting themselves in the foot.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Pat Lee with two excellent plays today... Too bad he was penalized for one of them.

dunagan15
10-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Pat Lee with two excellent plays today... Too bad he was penalized for one of them.

Lee is looking good, that first one was iffy, I wouldnt have called it cause I like to see the guys play, he barely touched Roddy and it didnt affect the route.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Lee is looking good, that first one was iffy, I wouldnt have called it cause I like to see the guys play, he barely touched Roddy and it didnt affect the route.

IDK that looked like a good play to me. Iffy call at a big point in the game.

Sanders is borderline bad. He hasn't even been able to call the game to get Woodson on their number one receiver today. Instead wood is covering #3 and 4 wide outs.

GB12
10-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Who is Atlanta's offensive coordinator. He has been doing a very good job calling plays today.

dunagan15
10-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Mularky, ya he has, surprising though, he usually just confuses us fans

dunagan15
10-05-2008, 01:39 PM
we are even now after that hold.. that was terrible

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 01:42 PM
we are even now after that hold.. that was terrible

On cliffy? That was a good block.

MM should be getting good at calling long play downs.

You gotta hit that pass rodgers.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Packers are the penalty kings of the NFL. ******* chumps.

dunagan15
10-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Catch or no?? Im a homer and it looked like a catch to me...

roughrider30
10-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Grant looks a lot better today. He's actually attacking the line of scrimmage.

Rodgers is hanging his arm... not a good sign

Goatboy1717
10-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Not a good sign at all. Hopefully he is alright. We need him in the 4th.

roughrider30
10-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Tramon!!!!! wow thats huge!!

jackalope
10-05-2008, 02:21 PM
What a huge shift in momentum.

Goatboy1717
10-05-2008, 02:24 PM
I think his shoulder is fine.lol

dunagan15
10-05-2008, 02:25 PM
There is the diff in having a rookie QB

jackalope
10-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I blame Jermichael Finley.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 02:59 PM

that bastard.

Penalties, I think they were over 100 yards penalties today. That **** needs to stop it's been there every game.

PackerLegend
10-05-2008, 03:01 PM

ya freaking piece of crap cost us a fg. Nice onside kick Mason couldn't have been anymore pathetic. Cut Frost he freaking sucks and cant believe we cut Ryan for this P.O.S. And stop freaking holding jesus

dunagan15
10-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Great game guys, Good luck to Rodgers and his shoulder even though it didnt affect his play today.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 03:10 PM
ya freaking piece of crap cost us a fg. Nice onside kick Mason couldn't have been anymore pathetic. Cut Frost he freaking sucks and cant believe we cut Ryan for this P.O.S. And stop freaking holding jesus

1. Penalties
2. Bob Sanders ineptitude.
3. Rush defense
4. rush offense
5.Pass defense

Punter

iloxygenil
10-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Nice game folks. Tough fought game, Falcons looked like they belonged out there all day today. Just be glad this game was @ Lambeau, they let your offensive line do whatever they wanted all day long to protect your QB. But hey, doesn't matter, was a good game.

Did someone say something about 65 yards for Roddy? Just wondering...

GB12
10-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Nice game folks. Tough fought game, Falcons looked like they belonged out there all day today. Just be glad this game was @ Lambeau, they let your offensive line do whatever they wanted all day long to protect your QB. But hey, doesn't matter, was a good game.

Uh, yeah did you not notice all the penalties that were called against us? And there were calls that went in your favor too. Neither side should be blaming the refs.

BamaFalcon59
10-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Roddy White is teh ****.

And Michael Turner.

Matt Ryan is the savior.

John Abraham is unblockable.

Good game though.

Goatboy1717
10-05-2008, 03:27 PM

That was me. At least I'm not hiding. I was wrong. He want matched up against Woodson as much as I thought he would.

iloxygenil
10-05-2008, 03:40 PM
He beat Woodson first play of the game...broke his ankles and left his jock on the field along with his backside. He owned him.

BamaFalcon59
10-05-2008, 03:43 PM
He beat Woodson first play of the game...broke his ankles and left his jock on the field along with his backside. He owned him.

Not really. Woodson slipped, just like players did on almost 10 occasions today. The field was messed up.

iloxygenil
10-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Woodson bit all over that first move that Roddy threw out there...RIPPED him...so...yes he slipped...but the reason he slipped was he got beat, and didn't stick his foot in the ground to get turned around because he had gotten schooled.

Bosanac01
10-05-2008, 04:02 PM
You guys just have to accept this. Roddy played better then Jennings, and the Falcons won. Great game and good luck the rest of the season.

Twiddler
10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
You guys just have to accept this. Roddy played better then Jennings, and the Falcons won. Great game and good luck the rest of the season.

Really though, the Roddy vs. Jennings argument is pretty useless. Unless it is an actual match up that occurs in the game, its pretty pointless to debate. But even with that, Roddy played his ass off today.

roughrider30
10-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Roddy played well. But yes it is really pointless to compare who played better as neither had a bad game. Roddy had the better stat line obviously, but he really did not do anything in the second half (granted your guy's running game was all over us).

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Woodson bit all over that first move that Roddy threw out there...RIPPED him...so...yes he slipped...but the reason he slipped was he got beat, and didn't stick his foot in the ground to get turned around because he had gotten schooled.

Woodson got his feet tangled with Roddy's foot that he planted to make the move, he tripped before White even came out of the cut.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29592&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

iloxygenil
10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Roddy played well. But yes it is really pointless to compare who played better as neither had a bad game. Roddy had the better stat line obviously, but he really did not do anything in the second half (granted your guy's running game was all over us).

Why throw much in the 2nd half with the lead? Threw when we had to, but I like the way they played...got him going for 121 in the first half...that was plenty...if we were in a shootout instead of a well played game his numbers obviously would have gone up.

iloxygenil
10-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Actually you diagnosed that wrong, when Roddy stopped down, Woodson bit like a mofo. Couldn't keep his own feet, Roddy didn't miss a beat, feet never were tangled.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Actually you diagnosed that wrong, when Roddy stopped down, Woodson bit like a mofo. Couldn't keep his own feet, Roddy didn't miss a beat, feet never were tangled.
Wood trips even before Roddy cut out of his move dude. I'm not arguing about this anymore, he made the catch regardless.

TitleTown088
10-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Why throw much in the 2nd half with the lead? .

The Falcons didn't have a comfortable enough lead( in fact it was tied) to take passing out of their game plan aside from the last drive.

princefielder28
10-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Can't say I watched too much of the game due to the Brewers but Tramon's pick was sick

BamaFalcon59
10-05-2008, 08:13 PM
The Falcons didn't have a comfortable enough lead( in fact it was tied) to take passing out of their game plan aside from the last drive.

The last two drives, because we ran the ball like crazy on the TD drive after the Boley pick. And we only had like 5 second half drives, if that.

PACKmanN
10-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Falcon fans are getting a little too cocky. Anyway, I don't think I can stand one more injury to our d-line, or anyone for that matter.

mqtirishfan
10-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Cut Frost he freaking sucks and cant believe we cut Ryan for this P.O.S.

To be fair, Ryan was at least almost as ******.

iloxygenil
10-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Falcon fans are getting a little too cocky. Anyway, I don't think I can stand one more injury to our d-line, or anyone for that matter.

Not cocky, just glad our team went out and took some gut check shots (like you guys getting the tie at home and what should have been your game at that point) and bouncing back like we haven't seen here for a while. With a rookie QB no less

TitleTown088
10-06-2008, 10:07 AM
With a rookie QB no less

Ryan played fine for the most part but in all reality he's the reason the Packers got back in that game. That INT was terrible.

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Ryan played fine for the most part but in all reality he's the reason the Packers got back in that game. That INT was terrible.

It really wasn't a bad throw as much as a great play. He took too much time and it needed to be higher, but most corners don't make that play. It was bad, but it wasn't terrible. Some vets make that throw.

Also, I'll take that one throw considering how he played the rest of the game.

TitleTown088
10-06-2008, 04:35 PM
It really wasn't a bad throw as much as a great play. He took too much time and it needed to be higher, but most corners don't make that play. It was bad, but it wasn't terrible. Some vets make that throw.

Also, I'll take that one throw considering how he played the rest of the game.

That was an absolute terrible throw. If he would have gotten rid of it when he should have there would have been no play by Tramon Williams and it wouldn't have mattered if he under threw it. He had another bad overthrow to Roddy who has the corner beat for six.But like I said, he played fine.

ChezPower4
10-06-2008, 05:28 PM
If we don't fix the penalties, punting and our run defense I think that this is what we're going to see a lot of this year. IMO the only chance that we have to make the playoffs this year is if we win the division cuz with the NFC East being so strong i can't see anyother team getting wild card spot outside of that divison... execept maybe Carolina or the Bucs