PDA

View Full Version : Anquan Boldin suffers sinus fracture

BlindSite
10-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Usually they're caused by car crashes...

bigbluedefense
10-01-2008, 06:41 PM
i take it he won't play this week?

Bruce Banner
10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Some additional info would be nice.

How long until Carolina fans start saying that X-Player hits like a truck?

BlindSite
10-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I did find some medical info, its one of the rarest kinds of facial injuries.

The Arizona Cardinals standout wide receiver doesn't know how long he will be sidelined, but when he returns, he says, there will be no change in his trademark tough, aggressive style.

"For me it was just a part of football," Boldin said after watching his teammates practice on Wednesday. "It's an unfortunate incident that happened but, you know, you take your bumps and bruises."

Brent
10-01-2008, 06:49 PM
That hit was nasty and the way Boldin's hands were clasped after the hit was really eerie.

Smooth Criminal
10-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Brutal hit he took. Hopefully he can come back soon. This Arizona team needs him if they're gonna win the West.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2008, 06:52 PM
you know what though, Eric Smith shouldn't have gotten suspended. That was BS.

It was not his fault that Boldin took that hit. Sometimes these things just happen.

You can't stop football players from being football players.

TheBuffaloBills
10-01-2008, 06:56 PM

It was not his fault that Boldin took that hit. Sometimes these things just happen.

You got a point, but where do you draw the line? You know what I mean?

bigbluedefense
10-01-2008, 06:59 PM
You got a point, but where do you draw the line? You know what I mean?

i know, but it wasn't maliciously done. he went for a hit to the chest, Rhodes knocked Boldin from the back catapulting Boldin's face towards Smith, and they collided full speed.

that was just one of those freak accidents.

now if he hit Boldin after the play was clearly over, helmet to helmet, then yes. suspend him. But Smith was just playing football. I think that suspension was a knee jerk reaction from a commissioner who has no direction with his punishments.

Btw, I love Goodell, but thats my one beef with him.

iBoldin
10-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah, it wasn't suspendable, as much bias as you guys' think I have regarding the hit haha.

I think it sets a double standard for these kinds of hits though, accidental or not.

fenikz
10-01-2008, 08:56 PM

he launched himself, that in it self is suspendable let alone going helmet to helmet

skinzzfan25
10-01-2008, 09:02 PM
I bet that would hurt like hell to sneeze...

SeanTaylorRIP
10-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Many times intent is not considered, it's outcome and the way the play looked. Effin Sucks for my fantasy team though.

yourfavestoner
10-01-2008, 10:08 PM
That has to hurt really, really bad...

iowatreat54
10-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Kerry Rhodes is the one that should be suspended for the helmet to helmet in the back of his head

eaglesalltheway
10-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I bet that would hurt like hell to sneeze...

I'd imagine it woud feel lik eyour face exploding, and the worse part is, there is nothing you can really do about it, at least that I know of.

FlyingElvis
10-02-2008, 11:03 AM
he launched himself, that in it self is suspendable let alone going helmet to helmet

Completely agree.

I doubt it was intentional, aside from the intent to lay a WR out, of which every DB should be guilty. But he came off the groung and made his body a missile. That's a no-no in the NFL and warrants the suspension.

I also agree w/BBD's remarks on Goodell, and will further define the "a knee jerk reaction from a commissioner who has no direction with his punishments" as "a knee jerk reaction from a commissioner who has no direction with his punishments, except to swiftly react to anything that gets air time and looks vicious."

BlindSite
10-02-2008, 03:05 PM

Shouldn't your sig say

"Welcome to your doom" ? You're meaning You are, makes no sense.

This reminds me of when Rucker got fined for Chris Simms' Spleen injury, nothing dangerous or overly aggressive about the hit, it just caused an injury.

CC.SD
10-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Completely agree.

I doubt it was intentional, aside from the intent to lay a WR out, of which every DB should be guilty. But he came off the groung and made his body a missile. That's a no-no in the NFL and warrants the suspension.

I also agree w/BBD's remarks on Goodell, and will further define the "a knee jerk reaction from a commissioner who has no direction with his punishments" as "a knee jerk reaction from a commissioner who has no direction with his punishments, except to swiftly react to anything that gets air time and looks vicious."

I would actually shorten that last statement to "anything that gets air time." Goodell is a joke, his inconsistency alone proves that.

Menardo75
10-03-2008, 11:16 AM
That is probably one of the last injurys I want.

MetSox17
10-03-2008, 11:16 AM
That is probably one of the last injurys I want.

Apparently, there's a way to fracture your *****, so that would be one of the last injuries i'd want.

CC.SD
10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Apparently, there's a way to fracture your *****, so that would be one of the last injuries i'd want.

I don't know, for some reason I imagine a fractured sinus as the kind of condition that will rip the entire inside of your face apart if you sneeze too hard. It's a tough call.

Not really. It would still suck to have your face explode though.

MetSox17
10-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't know, for some reason I imagine a fractured sinus as the kind of condition that will rip the entire inside of your face apart if you sneeze too hard. It's a tough call.

Not really. It would still suck to have your face explode though.

Well if i had a fractured sinus, i'd take a crap-load of Benadryl and pray for the best.

CC.SD
10-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Well if i had a fractured sinus, i'd take a crap-load of Benadryl and pray for the best.

You'd have to--it is well known in the medical community that the most direct comparison to a fractured sinus is a grenade becoming stuck behind your face.

It won't be pretty when it happens to Q on the field, but it will make SportsCetners all time highlight reel.

Xonraider
10-03-2008, 07:08 PM
When I saw it I didn't get the impression it was on purpose to to helmet-to-helmet. Boldin was coming down and he just wanted to put his head on Boldin's chest, maybe in the ball to knock it out.

steelersfan43
10-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Completely agree.

Why/How? if its not helmet to helmet why does it matter?

Jvig43
10-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Idk if it was a dirty hit, but the game was well out of reach of a come back. I undertsand the D not wanting to give up any more points but it was over, there was no need for that...... Plus Boldins on my fantasy which is what this is really about for me.