PDA

View Full Version : Ocho Cinco wants to be a Cowboy

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 07:29 PM
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/just-imagine-if-ocho-cinco-joined-the-va.html

Chad Ocho Cinco tried really hard to make it happen. He even lobbied to become a Cowboy on national TV in March.

"If I end up in Dallas, I would just look at which finger I'm gonna put it on," Ocho Cinco said, referring to a Super Bowl ring. "That's it. Ain't no ifs, ands or buts about it."

But, of course, it didn't happen despite Jerry Jones spending the off-season trying to get a "wow" receiver to complement T.O. The Bengals wouldn't give in to Ocho Cinco's trade demands, but that isn't stopping him from picturing the possibilities of pairing with Ocho Uno.

"I tried," Ocho Cinco said during his epic conference call with the Valley Ranch media. "I talked to 81 almost every day, man. I love 81. We talk all the time. That would've been a circus.

"Let me tell you, I don't mean to be funny ... I'm not tried to be rude or piss anybody off, but if I was in Dallas, they would have to change all of our damn games to pay-per-view because you need to pay to see that [beep]. I'm serious. I'm so serious. They would have to put all the games on pay-per-view. Because you can't just watch a show like that for free; 81 and 85? Come on, now. Please."

And Ocho Cinco isn't giving up yet.

"Tell Jerry Jones I said hello," he said as the conference call wrapped up, "and give me a call some time."

Maybe this March.

I can't wait for this to happen. ...and Oh... It's gonna happen!

Bruce Banner
10-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Where's the moron been this year?

Haven't seen his name on a box score once.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Where's the moron been this year?
Ummmm duh.... He's purposely tanking his value. He's smarter than you think.

Bruce Banner
10-01-2008, 07:32 PM

You really don't believe that.

bantx
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
That and Carson Palmer and Oline playing like a middle school B-Team

GB12
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Tanking his value? Why, so he can make less money as a free agent?

Bruce Banner
10-01-2008, 07:35 PM

++, my thoughts. He is also too much of a competitor to simply, tank.

M.O.T.H.
10-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks, but no thanks.

10-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Hmm maybe he's just playing hurt atm ...

Xiomera
10-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Would you rather have Roy Williams? Cause he wants to go to Dallas too . . .

Brent
10-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Chad's become a lame punch line at this point. Congrats, you're getting attention, Chad. Now bother us when you're not tied with Reggie Kelly and Antonio Chatman for catches.

Mr.Regular
10-01-2008, 07:39 PM
He has done anything because
A) His team is nasty bad
B) His play is definately on the decline

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Pshh... Yeah right. Dude, he's already set his value. No matter what kind of season he has, NFL owners know what he's capable of.

The fact that Carson keeps ignoring him only helps his cause. That's why you don't see him complaining. ...add in this injury of Carson's.... it's almost too easy.

Competitor? Yeah, he still plays hard if anyone watched, they'd realize that. But his stats are what most people see. He doesn't mind one bit if his stats aren't what they used to be because he no longer cares about winning on that team. If he plays hard and they win fine. But losses no longer kill him.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Remember how everyone was so down on Randy Moss before he got to NE.

He's a joke.
His stats are bad.
He's old.
He's just a punchline.
He's on the decline.

Then when he put up the single greatest season any WR has had in the history of the game, everybody jumped on his jock strap and licked it until it was raw.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 07:47 PM
We need Chad more than Roy. Chad can stretch the field and give us a better vertical game. Something we don't have now.

J-Shock
10-01-2008, 07:49 PM
The Cowboys with Chad is unfair to the Football in general.

skinzzfan25
10-01-2008, 07:49 PM
By having Chad and TO, that would be a lot of money tied up in a fairly short term investment.

I'd rather have Roy.

bantx
10-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Can u imagine the celebrations between TO n COC...the awesomeness

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-01-2008, 07:53 PM
By having Chad and TO, that would be a lot of money tied up in a fairly short term investment.

I'd rather have Roy.

If there's Superbowl involved then that'd be well worth it don't ya think?

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Can u imagine the celebrations between TO n COC...the awesomeness
Not as awesome as that chick in your avatar. Who the hell is that? I need to know. :rolleyes:

skinzzfan25
10-01-2008, 08:01 PM
If there's Superbowl involved then that'd be well worth it don't ya think?

I'm just saying Roy would probably be just as cheap if not cheaper to get and maintain while still playing just as well as Chad would.

Besides, would TO (or Chad, the way you look at it) really want to be on a team that he would be second fiddle to the media on? I doubt both of them could share the spotlight.

Number 10
10-01-2008, 08:01 PM
I would love for this to happen.

Beating them in January would be that much sweeter.

bantx
10-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Not as awesome as that chick in your avatar. Who the hell is that? I need to know. :rolleyes:

People tell me that her name is sara varone

princefielder28
10-01-2008, 08:03 PM

a google search can take care of that...haha

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
I'm just saying Roy would probably be just as cheap if not cheaper to get and maintain while still playing just as well as Chad would.

Besides, would TO (or Chad, the way you look at it) really want to be on a team that he would be second fiddle to the media on? I doubt both of them could share the spotlight.

Roy is not on the level of Chad. Chad Johnson makes this team have an offense close to the level of the Pats last year with a better OL and better D. Besides, if they were winning, I don't think TO or Chad would care.

skinzzfan25
http://www.break.com/index/sara-varone-hot-italian-tv-host.html

Here's the full vid lol

PalmerToCJ
10-01-2008, 08:05 PM
From the same brilliant mind who just put out this zinger:

Our '05 season we were unbelievable. Our '05 season is the year everybody went to jail and got arrested. That year everybody got in trouble. So maybe the bad was a good thing. It sounds dumb to say, but look at it. We have cleaned house and nobody is getting in trouble anymore, no DUIs, no arrests, now we're getting our **** whopped. Maybe I don't know, maybe I should go out have a drink, get in trouble.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I would love for this to happen.

Beating them in January would be that much sweeter.
Hee hee hee. The Cowboys will win 3 more Super Bowls before the Giants ever win one again.

djp

He's a joke.
His stats are bad.
He's old.
He's just a punchline.
He's on the decline.

Then when he put up the single greatest season any WR has had in the history of the game, everybody jumped on his jock strap and licked it until it was raw.

Chad Johnson doesn't have half the talent that Moss has. Bad comparison.

ChezPower4

If Jerry could have it his way he would take both

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Chad Johnson doesn't have half the talent that Moss has. Bad comparison.
...and he won't have half the season Moss had either. Not saying he would've. Just saying he's not as bad a talent as this season will reflect.

Number 10
10-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Hee hee hee. The Cowboys will win 3 more Super Bowls before the Giants ever win one again.

Blah Blah Blah. You would have said the same thing at this time last year.

You along with every other Cowboys fan need to realize this.

Level of talent is NOT what has prevented you from getting back to the Super Bowl...or just winning a playoff game for that matter.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 08:21 PM

Level of talent is NOT what has prevented you from getting back to the Super Bowl...or just winning a playoff game for that matter.
Well, we try. Not every team can be lucky like last year's Giants.

djp
10-01-2008, 08:23 PM

They won 3 times on the road in the playoffs against the 2 "best" teams in the conference and then beat the mighty Pats in the SB. I'd hardly call that luck.

I don't like the Giants, but you can't call that luck.

Number 10
10-01-2008, 08:23 PM

Luck doesn't happen 3 straight weeks on the road against the NFC's three Pro Bowl quarterbacks BEFORE defeating an 18-0, all everything team.

But if it helps you sleep, go ahead. A nod of the head from a Dallas fan who has no concept of what it takes to win in this league means squat.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Luck doesn't happen 3 straight weeks on the road against the NFC's three Pro Bowl quarterbacks BEFORE defeating an 18-0, all everything team.

But if it helps you sleep, go ahead. A nod of the head from a Dallas fan who has no concept of what it takes to win in this league means squat.
Look at Mr. High and Mighty who thinks he knows what it takes to win because his team won the SB. Gimme a break.

You have the gall to tell me David Tyree's catch wasn't luck? Without that catch, you're sitting in the same seat I am.

Brent
10-01-2008, 08:33 PM
They won 3 times on the road in the playoffs against the 2 "best" teams in the conference and then beat the mighty Pats in the SB. I'd hardly call that luck.

I don't like the Giants, but you can't call that luck.
End of discussion.

Twiddler
10-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Look at Mr. High and Mighty who thinks he knows what it takes to win because his team won the SB. Gimme a break.

You have the gall to tell me David Tyree's catch wasn't luck? Without that catch, you're sitting in the same seat I am.

It had elements of luck, but it certainly wasn't all luck. I mean, if you wanted to look at it, I'm sure you could find a play on every teams Super Bowl win that was pure luck. Even with that luck the Giants earned that Super Bowl, fair and square. Beating Dallas and Green Bay at their places, and then beating the Patriots requires a lot more than luck.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 08:38 PM
It had elements of luck, but it certainly wasn't all luck. I mean, if you wanted to look at it, I'm sure you could find a play on every teams Super Bowl win that was pure luck. Even with that luck the Giants earned that Super Bowl, fair and square. Beating Dallas and Green Bay at their places, and then beating the Patriots requires a lot more than luck.
Their defense was legit and they came up with a great scheme. It's also entirely impossible for 1 team to beat another team 3 times in one season. The odds were totally against Dallas beating the Giants for the third time. Teams aren't stupid enough to lose 3 times in a season... I don't care what teams are playing.

The idea that talent doesn't win... LOL. Where did you come up with that 10?

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-01-2008, 08:40 PM

It's better to be lucky than good.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-01-2008, 08:42 PM

Why did USC lose to Oregon State, Stanford, surely they were more talented. Why did Michigan get humiliated by Appalachian State when they had enough talent to beat Florida?

Talent does not win, games are won and lost on the field.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 08:43 PM
It's better to be lucky than good.
Aye. That tis true. David Tyree can attest to that.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Why did USC lose to Oregon State, Stanford, surely they were more talented. Why did Michigan get humiliated by Appalachian State when they had enough talent to beat Florida?

Talent does not win, games are won and lost on the field.
Sure. But I never said talent is the only thing you need to win. I said the more the better. Not the less, the better.

Twiddler
10-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Their defense was legit and they came up with a great scheme. It's also entirely impossible for 1 team to beat another team 3 times in one season. The odds were totally against Dallas beating the Giants for the third time. Teams aren't stupid enough to lose 3 times in a season... I don't care what teams are playing.

Entirely impossible? Seriously? And the odds were against Dallas? I'm not sure where you're getting that one. Yes, it's more difficult for a team to beat another team for a third time, but saying its impossible because your team failed is just an excuse. You guys came close too if I remember right. So its not exactly impossible.

He never said anything about not needing talent. Of course you need talent, it'd be idiotic to think that you couldn't win a Super Bowl without talent. The argument is that playing as a team is a deciding factor a lot of times when it comes to January instead of solely talent. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that he thought that talent isn't necessary to win.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Sure. But I never said talent is the only thing you need to win. I said the more the better. Not the less, the better.

Yea obviously, without talent you certainly won't make it to the superbowl muchless win one. I'm on the side that if that Super Bowl was played any other day then NE would've beaten the Giants because how lucky the Giants were that day was unbelievable. They certainly deserved that win though but that SB run by the Giants had a lot to do with luck.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 08:49 PM

Twiddler... this is what started that convo.

Number 10
10-01-2008, 08:50 PM

In comparison to you? You're damn right I feel high and mighty. If you want to call a Super Bowl win lucky because of a play, you are simply digging your grave deeper. What's next?

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 09:01 PM
In comparison to you? You're damn right I feel high and mighty. If you want to call a Super Bowl win lucky because of a play, you are simply digging your grave deeper. What's next?
Damn, that crown must be shiny. Gotta love fans who relate their own self esteem to the success of their teams. LOL. The catch was lucky you have to admit. Regardless, the win was legit. Your defense played exceptionally in that game from the very beginning just as it was down the stretch of the season. Do I think you guys will win another one anytime in the next decade? No. But that's ok. You got yours.

Twiddler
10-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Twiddler... this is what started that convo.

I guess we're just interpreting his statement differently then. I interpreted it as Dallas has all the pieces but needs to play better as a team come January, or something to that effect. I'm guessing that's not how you interpreted it, considering we're in this situation, lol.

Number 10
10-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Damn, that crown must be shiny. Gotta love fans who relate their own self esteem to the success of their teams. LOL. The catch was lucky you have to admit. Regardless, the win was legit. Your defense played exceptionally in that game from the very beginning just as it was down the stretch of the season. Do I think you guys will win another one anytime in the next decade? No. But that's ok. You got yours.

Why do you feel the need to almost always start your posts off with a comment that has nothing to do with this football discussion? I could be wrong, but you do this way too often. Self esteem and Giants winning the Super Bowl? Seriously?

That aside, the Giants have followed the recipe for sustaining success. They have a QB that is outstanding in the clutch, late in games...etc. And they have a defense that can rush the passer consistently and can come up big late in games when a stop is needed.

Dallas? Neither. Romo is close, but I can't trust him in a tight spot the way I can Eli. Dallas has an overall talent level that pisses on the Giants, but the Giants could beat them in January anytime, anywhere. Take Chad Johnson....he doesn't rush the passer and he doesn't stuff the run. He isn't pass protecting late in games when fatigue is a factor. He isn't covering tight ends. He isn't holding the ball in the pocket making critical decisions with the pressure on.

Number 10
10-01-2008, 09:14 PM
I guess we're just interpreting his statement differently then. I interpreted it as Dallas has all the pieces but needs to play better as a team come January, or something to that effect. I'm guessing that's not how you interpreted it, considering we're in this situation, lol.

You have it down pat. D is having difficulty.

Bruce Banner
10-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Sorry to interrupt but....what exactly is being argued?

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 09:20 PM
The reason why we lost was because of lack of focus and poor execution. Giants had a lot to do with that. Talent had a lot to do with that.

Number 10
10-01-2008, 09:52 PM
No rebuttle? Damn I was just getting started. For another time I guess, you need to tweak some of your arguments anyway.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 10:01 PM
No rebuttle? Damn I was just getting started. For another time I guess, you need to tweak some of your arguments anyway.
Rebuttle what? I stand by this. Tyree's catch was luck. Without that catch, you lose the SB.

Or was it something else you wanted to debate about?

Number 10
10-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Why do you feel the need to almost always start your posts off with a comment that has nothing to do with this football discussion? I could be wrong, but you do this way too often. Self esteem and Giants winning the Super Bowl? Seriously?

That aside, the Giants have followed the recipe for sustaining success. They have a QB that is outstanding in the clutch, late in games...etc. And they have a defense that can rush the passer consistently and can come up big late in games when a stop is needed.

Dallas? Neither. Romo is close, but I can't trust him in a tight spot the way I can Eli. Dallas has an overall talent level that pisses on the Giants, but the Giants could beat them in January anytime, anywhere. Take Chad Johnson....he doesn't rush the passer and he doesn't stuff the run. He isn't pass protecting late in games when fatigue is a factor. He isn't covering tight ends. He isn't holding the ball in the pocket making critical decisions with the pressure on.

Perhaps you missed it, bottom of the last page.

yourfavestoner
10-01-2008, 10:13 PM
This thread didn't get off track or anything...

Number 10
10-01-2008, 10:20 PM

haha...I love foolin' around with D. It's been awhile since I debated the NFC East with someone.

But I stand by statement 100%....I hope the Cowboys get Chad Johnson.

10-01-2008, 10:21 PM
The Giants as reigning SB champs is not easy to digest I know.

For the record Ocho Cinco will one day play for Jerrah Jones. Guaranteed.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Perhaps you missed it, bottom of the last page.
Who marched into the discussion talking about how "Dallas fans need to realize..."? Riiiight... and I'm the one who changed the topic? Would you have said what you said if the Giants didn't beat the Cowboys? Be honest.

Now you want to completely change the topic of discussion by wanting me to rebuttle this post? It has nothing to do with Chad. But ok, I'll respond. May not be a rebuttle... but...

Do I think the Cowboys have built the team the right way? No. I don't. I think they are missing a key element. A true 3-4 NT. Do I think they need Chad? No. Would I welcome it? Yes. Is it necessary? No. Can we afford him? Easily. Another big reason why we lost last year was poor playcalling. Everytime Garrett panics he wants to ignore the run and pass, pass, and pass some more. And everytime he does that we lose.

Is Tony Romo a QB that flakes in the face of pressure? It may be easy to say that if you look at one bobbled snap in Seattle and a playoff loss last year. But fact of the matter is that was dumb luck that he lost control of the snap and last year's playoff loss cannot be blamed on Romo. He made plays, he escaped pressure many times, he moved the team down the field. He just didn't do enough to overcome the defense giving up scores to the Giants, the OL not blocking anyone and poor predictable playcalling. Of course the Giants DL would just pin their ears back and rush rush rush. We never ran the ball, never threw a screen pass, never countered anything the defense was doing. Fans will point blame to Romo, but he's not the underlying problem.

Giants have followed the recipe for success? You won one damn SB. You haven't sustained anything yet. A win in January anytime anywhere? Yeah, that's the High & Mighty talk I was referring to. Like I said. Without one lucky catch, we're sitting in the same seat buddy boy.

BrownsTown
10-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Chad and TO on the same team. That team would implode the first time they lost a game. It would be fun to watch them become their own worst enemy though.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Oh yeah... btw... for you normal posters out there... 10 and I have known each other long enough to be able to talk like this to each other. Underneath it all, we have a mutual respect for each other. For anyone else... I'm going to hand out infractions. LOL.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Chad and TO on the same team. That team would implode the first time they lost a game. It would be fun to watch them become their own worst enemy though.
That's not worse than Shockey and Plax and they won the SB. LOL.

WMD
10-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Stop saying LOL. It sends me a false signal that you're a 12 year old girl.. and I don't like false signals like that.

the_legend_killer
10-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Why would Dallas want him (Besides the obvious character issues)?

D-Unit
Stop saying LOL. It sends me a false signal that you're a 12 year old girl.. and I don't like false signals like that.
hee hee hee :D

Number 10
Who marched into the discussion talking about how "Dallas fans need to realize..."? Riiiight... and I'm the one who changed the topic? Would you have said what you said if the Giants didn't beat the Cowboys? Be honest.

Now you want to completely change the topic of discussion by wanting me to rebuttle this post? It has nothing to do with Chad. But ok, I'll respond. May not be a rebuttle... but...

Do I think the Cowboys have built the team the right way? No. I don't. I think they are missing a key element. A true 3-4 NT. Do I think they need Chad? No. Would I welcome it? Yes. Is it necessary? No. Can we afford him? Easily. Another big reason why we lost last year was poor playcalling. Everytime Garrett panics he wants to ignore the run and pass, pass, and pass some more. And everytime he does that we lose.

Is Tony Romo a QB that flakes in the face of pressure? It may be easy to say that if you look at one bobbled snap in Seattle and a playoff loss last year. But fact of the matter is that was dumb luck that he lost control of the snap and last year's playoff loss cannot be blamed on Romo. He made plays, he escaped pressure many times, he moved the team down the field. He just didn't do enough to overcome the defense giving up scores to the Giants, the OL not blocking anyone and poor predictable playcalling. Of course the Giants DL would just pin their ears back and rush rush rush. We never ran the ball, never threw a screen pass, never countered anything the defense was doing. Fans will point blame to Romo, but he's not the underlying problem.

Giants have followed the recipe for success? You won one damn SB. You haven't sustained anything yet. A win in January anytime anywhere? Yeah, that's the High & Mighty talk I was referring to. Like I said. Without one lucky catch, we're sitting in the same seat buddy boy.

Your intention of creating the thread was to show how giddy you were about Chad Johnson. My initial point was that you can take all the stars you want on the Cowboys, but it isn't fantasy football. That isn't changing the topic. You started with the Giants after noone mentioned them. Can we say, still bitter?

Yes, the Giants have followed the recipe for success and that is why they won a Super Bowl. Oh and they are ONE of FOUR teams in the league that have made the playoffs in 2005, 2006, and 2007. Other 4 being the Colts, Pats, and Seahawks. They are now 3-0 and flexing their depth. Lose Osi and Strahan? No problem. Lose Burress this week? You will see, no problem. That is level of sustainment, even you can't argue that.

And the catch talk...like I said before it weakens your point so you should try to avoid that. Games are never decided as a result of one play. Never. Maybe the Pats don't score that TD in the 4th quarter if Corey Webster doesn't slip, allowing Randy Moss to catch the ball with his teeth. What a lucky TD! Come on.

BrownsTown
That's not worse than Shockey and Plax and they won the SB. LOL.

It's a thousand times worse. LOL

Shockey had an attitude problem, but TO has ruined teams, tossed QBs under the bus, etc. LOL

Ocho Cinco is enough of an attention ***** to chance his name to Ocho Cinco. LOL

Combine that with the media attention given to Dallas normally and that's a recipe for disaster. LOL

LOL LOL LOL

bantx
10-01-2008, 10:46 PM
But Jerry loves attention so it will work out perfectly.

LonghornsLegend
10-01-2008, 10:47 PM

He's a joke.
His stats are bad.
He's old.
He's just a punchline.
He's on the decline.

That's so true, Moss was bashed like no other on these boards, called him everything under the sun, then when he turned it around he had more fans then anyone in no time.

With that being said, I give 2 thumbs down to Dallas, he's too much of a diva and attention-*****, we have quite a few but enough is enough, I actually like what I see from Miles Austin as a #2 right now, then perhaps *gasp* think of drafting a WR, which Jerry seems immune to doing...He's still one of the best WR's in the game, but I don't feel like hearing TO crying for the ball, Chad crying for the same things, Crayton predicting super bowl reservations, it would be a mad house and ESPN would eat it up.

10-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Why would Dallas want him (Besides the obvious character issues)?

They could certainly use a receiver like Ocho Cinco who would add one more dimension to that already potent Dallas offense. He also compliments TO's game quite well.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 10:48 PM
It's a thousand times worse. LOL

Shockey had an attitude problem, but TO has ruined teams, tossed QBs under the bus, etc. LOL

Ocho Cinco is enough of an attention ***** to chance his name to Ocho Cinco. LOL

Combine that with the media attention given to Dallas normally and that's a recipe for disaster. LOL

LOL LOL LOL
You still waiting for TO, Tank Johson and Pacman Jones to kill the team?

Dallas Cowboys 28
Cleveland Browns 10

M.O.T.H.
10-01-2008, 10:52 PM
They could certainly use a receiver like Ocho Cinco who would add one more dimension to that already potent Dallas offense. He also compliments TO's game quite well.

We have enough weapons as it is, what we dont need is another headache. We have a hard enough time getting everyone the ball as it is. Luckily, outside of T.O. we have a very team oriented group on the offensive end. That's not to say T.O. isnt a good team player, which he actually is, it's just that he's rather greedy w/ the football. There is barely enough footballs to go around as it is...I dont think it would work all that well bringing in Chad. Also, the fact that he is another high profile prima donna doenst help his case either.

I'm not the biggest Roy fan either to be honest. The guy disappears constantly, has had attitude problems, cant stay healthy. Meh...and the guy really needs to learn to button his chin strap, for real but, that is beside the point. haha.

BrownsTown
10-01-2008, 10:54 PM
You still waiting for TO, Tank Johson and Pacman Jones to kill the team?

Dallas Cowboys 28
Cleveland Browns 10

Seems irrelevant to what I'm talking about. OMG you beat a bottom 10 team in the NFL. Congrats.

TO and Ocho Cinco would more than likely BOTH not get their fair share of touches, so 1 of them will invariably be pissed if they lose. Hell TO's pissed without OC to steal looks from him.

LOL LOL LOL

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 10:57 PM
We have enough weapons as it is, what we dont need is another headache. We have a hard enough time getting everyone the ball as it is. Luckily, outside of T.O. we have a very team oriented group on the offensive end. That's not to say T.O. isnt a good team player, which he actually is, it's just that he's rather greedy w/ the football. There is barely enough footballs to go around as it is...I dont think it would work all that well bringing in Chad. Also, the fact that he is another high profile prima donna doenst help his case either.
I think there is a big misunderstanding about Chad. Your thinking about not wanting him is conventional. I normally would tend to agree. But the fact that 81 & 85 get along so well, I don't see it as a problem. When you come from a losing situation to a winning situation, that also makes personal glory less of a need. Additionally, as if no one has ever noticed... TJ Housmanzadeh gets sooo many more passes thrown to him than Chad. He'd probably feel happy if he got 2 passes thrown to him in a game once he got here. ...and the way Garrett loves to only pass... Puhlenty of balls to go around.

M.O.T.H.
10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
I think there is a big misunderstanding about Chad. Your thinking about not wanting him is conventional. I normally would tend to agree. But the fact that 81 & 85 get along so well, I don't see it as a problem. When you come from a losing situation to a winning situation, that also makes personal glory less of a need. Additionally, as if no one has ever noticed... TJ Housmanzadeh gets sooo many more passes thrown to him than Chad. He'd probably feel happy if he got 2 passes thrown to him in a game once he got here.

I doubt it...he's always been a ball hog. Who still has big time aspirations of being the greatest WR ever, he wants to be the man...I dont care how friendly he is w/ T.O., I dont think it would work. You're not going to be able to keep T.O., Chad, and Witten happy. I say Witten because, few actually remember how pissed off he was when his statistics regressed from 04-05. He's a great guy but, he certainly wants the ball in his hands as well and Romo would get it to him...Thus, creating less chances for T.O. and Chad. Ocho Cinco would not be happy catching about 60-70 balls a year and that's pretty much what he'd be looking at w/ a TE who will get almost 100 receptions and Owens who will get his 80+. You wanna keep them happy? Say goodbye to the running game because, you would have to pass on every down for them to get their numbers.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Seems irrelevant to what I'm talking about. OMG you beat a bottom 10 team in the NFL. Congrats.

TO and Ocho Cinco would more than likely BOTH not get their fair share of touches, so 1 of them will invariably be pissed if they lose. Hell TO's pissed without OC to steal looks from him.

LOL LOL LOL
What happened to "one of the brightest teams on the rise"... "coming off a 10 win season"... "made a lot of improvements in the offseason"...

Enough with the assumptions.

Twiddler
10-01-2008, 11:02 PM
I think there is a big misunderstanding about Chad. Your thinking about not wanting him is conventional. I normally would tend to agree. But the fact that 81 & 85 get along so well, I don't see it as a problem. When you come from a losing situation to a winning situation, that also makes personal glory less of a need. Additionally, as if no one has ever noticed... TJ Housmanzadeh gets sooo many more passes thrown to him than Chad. He'd probably feel happy if he got 2 passes thrown to him in a game once he got here. ...and the way Garrett loves to only pass... Puhlenty of balls to go around.

You make a good point but the only thing that would still worry me would be (at least in my opinion) that I thought that McNabb and TO had that same kind of friendship going in Philly. So even though it looks like TO has somewhat settled down, he's still kind of a hard character to predict, much like Chad.

Number 10
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Oh yeah... btw... for you normal posters out there... 10 and I have known each other long enough to be able to talk like this to each other. Underneath it all, we have a mutual respect for each other. For anyone else... I'm going to hand out infractions. LOL.

Speaking of infractions...

What is with the mod that never posts, but i occasionaly get the negative rep from? I mean....weird. You know who you are. And I have this, for you.

:/

Good night all.

Osi Umenyiora is a better and more productive DE than Julius Peppers

and Osi is on IR!!!!!

GB12
I think Dallas would be much better off with Roy Williams than Chad Johnson.

yodabear
I wanna throw down at Megan Fox instead of masterbading tonight, but thats not gonna happen.

BrownsTown
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
What happened to "one of the brightest teams on the rise"... "coming off a 10 win season"... "made a lot of improvements in the offseason"...

Enough with the assumptions.

Uh...I don't get (LOL) this post. Like (LOL) at all. Care (LOL) to explain (LOL) it?

LOL LOL LOL

10-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Uh...I don't get (LOL) this post. Like (LOL) at all. Care (LOL) to explain (LOL) it?

LOL LOL LOL

Talk about totally killing the mood. **** that **** gets annoying.

BrownsTown
10-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Talk about totally killing the mood. **** that **** gets annoying.

Sorry you feel that way :(

10-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Sorry you feel that way :(

Well, to get back on track D did have a great point ...

Bruce Banner
10-01-2008, 11:12 PM
I doubt it...he's always been a ball hog. Who still has big time aspirations of being the greatest WR ever, he wants to be the man...I dont care how friendly he is w/ T.O., I dont think it would work. You're not going to be able to keep T.O., Chad, and Witten happy. I say Witten because, few actually remember how pissed off he was when his statistics regressed from 04-05. He's a great guy but, he certainly wants the ball in his hands as well and Romo would get it to him...Thus, creating less chances for T.O. and Chad. Ocho Cinco would not be happy catching about 60-70 balls a year and that's pretty much what he'd be looking at w/ a TE who will get almost 100 receptions and Owens who will get his 80+. You wanna keep them happy? Say goodbye to the running game because, you would have to pass on every down for them to get their numbers.

This about settles it. Too many egos, too little time.

BrownsTown
10-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Well, to get back on track D did have a great point ...

When talking to me?

Didn't seem like it. He just insulted the Browns (mistakenly thinking I'd be offended. Unluckily for him, Browns fans actually watch the Browns, so they know the Browns suck more than anyone else) and avoided my point.

Bruce Banner
10-01-2008, 11:16 PM
When talking to me?

Didn't seem like it. He just insulted the Browns (mistakenly thinking I'd be offended. Unluckily for him, Browns fans actually watch the Browns, so they know the Browns suck more than anyone else) and avoided my point.

We call that an ad hominem.

D-Unit
10-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Get this...!

He's even gonna kiss the star at midfield!!! HAHAHAHAHA LOL LOL LOL OMGZZZZ hee hee hee hee hee!

Chad Johnson will kiss the Cowboys' star
10:25 AM Wed, Oct 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

We just finished up a conference call with Chad Ocho Cinco -- or Johnson, if you prefer -- from the Bengals. You're not going to believe what all he had to say. This is just a taste. More to come.

Johnson: "I've got so much respect for y'all, if I score Sunday, I've love Dallas so much, I'm going to take my helmet off, get a fine and kiss the star."

Q: The one at midfield?

A: Midfield? That's a long [expletive] jog.

Q: What do you mean 'if?'

A: OK, when I score, I'm going to take my helmet off and kiss the star. Can I do that?

Q: Why not?

A: That's not a sign of disrespect. That's a good thing isn't it?

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/chad-johnson-will-kiss-the-cowboys-star.html

LonghornsLegend
10-01-2008, 11:59 PM
LOL, Chad shouldn't be planning any TD celebrations this year at the rate he's going, especially if Fitzgerald is tossing the rock around, it would be awesome to see it happen though :D Still think he's just talking, don't think he has the balls to do it.

themaninblack
10-02-2008, 12:30 AM
If he does kiss the star I hope the entire Bengals roster rises up as one and slays him.

http://www.looptvandfilm.com/blog/lewis_black.jpg

giantsfan
10-02-2008, 12:50 AM
I actually hope they get him, would really make the rivalry great, with dallas being a star studded group that'll never win with wade as their HC and the Gmen who are a going on their 4th straight playoff season, with 1 superbowl already, and an incredibly young team that's getting younger and deeper every off season. Plus watching Garrett dream up plays for TO, 85 and Witten would be sick although I think eventually Jason Witten might want out if they can't win a superbowl in the first year or two.

Modano
10-02-2008, 03:16 AM

Yes it is... One of the biggest italian bitches... Stupid as a rock but she's hot and that's why she's always on TV.

MetSox17
10-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Lol, that would be hella funny if he kisses the star. How can his teammates put up with him doing crap like that?

Bengalsrocket
10-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I actually hope they get him, would really make the rivalry great, with dallas being a star studded group that'll never win with wade as their HC and the Gmen who are a going on their 4th straight playoff season, with 1 superbowl already, and an incredibly young team that's getting younger and deeper every off season. Plus watching Garrett dream up plays for TO, 85 and Witten would be sick although I think eventually Jason Witten might want out if they can't win a superbowl in the first year or two.

I doubt it... Why would you leave a team that is probably going to make the play offs every year for the next 4-5 years if your biggest desire is winning a superbowl?

LonghornsLegend
10-02-2008, 06:18 PM
That's just wishful thinking from somebody that knows nothing about the team at all.

Anyway I heard the full Chad Johnson interview on ESPN and he trips me out lmfao, said some wild stuff, still I doubt he even scores which is going to suck...For some reason though, I feel like he's trying to talk himself into Dallas in a few years, doing a little too much sucking up and throwing Jerry Jones name out there, if TO was leaving in a few years then yea, but I don't think JJ is even ready to take the risk of bringing Chad here ESPECIALLY since our leadership is average at best and our coaches are way too nice for all these characters.

CC.SD
10-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Kissing the star=Jumping the shark.

Bruce Banner
10-02-2008, 06:23 PM

BRILLIANT!

AlexDown
10-02-2008, 06:24 PM

Or nuking the fridge

Shane P. Hallam
10-02-2008, 06:37 PM

What is with the mod that never posts, but i occasionaly get the negative rep from? I mean....weird. You know who you are. And I have this, for you.

Good night all.

Osi Umenyiora is a better and more productive DE than Julius Peppers

and Osi is on IR!!!!!

The one with the highest post count on the board?

draftguru151
10-02-2008, 06:40 PM
And what does that have to do with infractions?

Number 10
10-02-2008, 07:17 PM
You tell people to neg rep me DG?

Serious?

princefielder28
10-02-2008, 07:19 PM

Serious?

It was probably a little plan they came up with on IRC

Bengals1690
10-02-2008, 07:20 PM
I wish we would have traded Chad Johnson to Washington when his value was maxed. Now hes not happy, not producing, and we probably won't get equal value in a trade.

Number 10
10-02-2008, 07:22 PM
It was probably a little plan they came up with on IRC

Somebody just PM'ed me and told me he said to neg rep me...and all of the sudden I have all these random people neg repping me after last night I got all this pos rep for the fun D and I were having with each other. I didn't know kids took this rep thing so seriously. Odd.

draftguru151
10-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Nope they all did it on their own.

And funny you say other people are taking it seriously when you're the one talking about it.

D-Unit
10-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Somebody just PM'ed me and told me he said to neg rep me...and all of the sudden I have all these random people neg repping me after last night I got all this pos rep for the fun D and I were having with each other. I didn't know kids took this rep thing so seriously. Odd.
Something fishy is going on. DG neg repped you, then Dr. Gonzo, BT, comahan, thule and SK negged you. Well... BT said he was supposed to neg rep you but didn't. Why would he say this, "I'm supposed to neg rep you, but I got a good laugh out of this. TELL NO ONE."

I guess I uncovered a secret underground NFLDC society. That's cute. Little boys going around neg repping posters for no reason at all except for the fact that they feel like they belong to a group.

D-Unit
10-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Nope they all did it on their own.

And funny you say other people are taking it seriously when you're the one talking about it.
Enough with the lies. You've been caught red handed.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2008, 07:32 PM
I miss Ward.

BrownsTown
10-02-2008, 07:33 PM

DG has sent me. You must be silenced.

*stabs D-Unit*

draftguru151
10-02-2008, 07:34 PM

ZOMG YOU CAUGHT ME. Um, oh wait you didn't. LOL

Number 10
10-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Then how come nobody did it last night DG? haha....

This is hilarious!!!

scottyboy
10-02-2008, 07:36 PM
I miss Ward.

I second that. I remember when he gave me my first infraction *reflects on the memories* good times, good times.

oh and I like Ocho Cinco, he's a funny, whacked out, talented, crazy, dude.

It would make sense for Dallas to trade for him, I'd be a lot more afraid of the cowgirls(i'm so funny, clever and original!!!!!!) with 85 lined up across from that other guy who I dislike VERY strongly, instead of mr big mouth, slippery hands.

draftguru151
10-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Then how come nobody did it last night DG? haha....

This is hilarious!!!

I'm not quite sure, because they just saw it now? I had no idea you even posted until someone else posted it in irc (where I'm guessing other people saw it as well :o).

Number 10
10-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm not quite sure, because they just saw it now? I had no idea you even posted until someone else posted it in irc (where I'm guessing other people saw it as well :o).

hahahaha

Interesting. I wonder how they all knew I was talking about you......

Hmmmmmm

GUILTY

draftguru151
10-02-2008, 07:42 PM
hahahaha

Hmmmmmm

GUILTY

Because I constantly post :/ in irc. It's kinda my thing. But yea I'm guilty of, uh, something.

BrownsTown
hahahaha

Hmmmmmm

GUILTY

Are you kidding? The :/ was a dead giveaway.

Tampa 2 4 life
Because I constantly post :/ in irc. It's kinda my thing. But yea I'm guilty of, uh, something.

Communism.

draftguru151
10-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Communism.

You're a communist too!

SuperKevin
10-02-2008, 07:44 PM
I just Neg repped you because I hate the Osi man love. It had nothing to do with anything else

Tampa 2 4 life
10-02-2008, 07:45 PM
You're a communist too!

You go to the University of Communist Florida.

scottyboy
10-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I just Neg repped you because I hate the Osi man love. It had nothing to do with anything else

but I <3 Osi.... he's my favorite... :(

*suddenly, in a flash, scotty realizes he is known as a true blue homer, and it's ok for him. he then goes to his tv watching replays of Brian Leonard when he was at Rutgers. oddly enough, he's carrying a thing of vasoline and box of tissues. and somehow hired an announcer, like the one from the justice friends!*

Tampa 2 4 life
10-02-2008, 07:48 PM

*suddenly, in a flash, scotty realizes he is known as a true blue homer, and it's ok for him. he then goes to his tv watching replays of Brian Leonard when he was at Rutgers. oddly enough, he's carrying a thing of vasoline and box of tissues. and somehow hired an announcer, like the one from the justice friends!*

It's the justice league you failure.

SuperKevin
10-02-2008, 07:48 PM

You just got a neg rep too

scottyboy
10-02-2008, 07:51 PM
It's the justice league you failure.

NO! **** it's super friends and justice league! DAMMIT!!!

and kev, that hurt...

Dr. Gonzo
10-02-2008, 07:53 PM

ou are correct. It is not as cool as the Exclusive club though and we don't all have cute little names.

BrownsTown
10-02-2008, 07:58 PM
ou are correct. It is not as cool as the Exclusive club though and we don't all have cute little names.

Not true!

DG - Cheatginger
Gonzo - Trivia's brother
Commie - King staminahan
Jbond- Gaybond
boe - boener
Bt - dumbass
Tampa - shut up about the rays

Uhhh there's more but I can't think of them :(

Tampa 2 4 life
10-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Not true!

DG - Cheatginger
Gonzo - Trivia's brother
Commie - King staminahan
Jbond- Gaybond
boe - boener
Bt - dumbass
Tampa - shut up about the rays

Uhhh there's more but I can't think of them :(

Scottyboy - RayRiceingtonCreeperPants
APS - DexterLover

bigbluedefense
10-02-2008, 08:33 PM
that would be a terrible move by the Cowboys.

TO just complained about not getting enough "catchable" balls after being targeted 20 times.

now throw in Chad into that, and all hell will break loose.

dallas needs more leaders, and more toughness on their team. they don't need any crybabies. they can score without him.

Damix
10-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Its because the only Giants fan with good rep should be me. They all feel the same way. End of story.

bigbluedefense
10-02-2008, 08:52 PM
10, why don't you post in the Giants team discussions any more? </3

aNYtitan
10-02-2008, 11:57 PM

TO just complained about not getting enough "catchable" balls after being targeted 20 times.

dallas needs more leaders, and more toughness on their team. they don't need any crybabies. they can score without him.
My thoughts exactly. However if he continues to tank and lowers his trade value so much, would the Bengals even want to make a Randy Moss like trade for a mid round pick

Modano
10-03-2008, 02:43 AM

During NFL Gameday, Deion said that Michael Irvin once complained about the distribution of the ball in the Pro Bowl :D

MetSox17
10-03-2008, 11:13 AM
During NFL Gameday, Deion said that Michael Irvin once complained about the distribution of the ball in the Pro Bowl :D

Haha, and Deion would be pissed whenever they wouldn't incorporate him in the offense :rolleyes:

Sniper
10-03-2008, 03:37 PM

Incredibly annoying. No rhyme or reason, either.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Something fishy is going on. DG neg repped you, then Dr. Gonzo, BT, comahan, thule and SK negged you. Well... BT said he was supposed to neg rep you but didn't. Why would he say this, "I'm supposed to neg rep you, but I got a good laugh out of this. TELL NO ONE."

I guess I uncovered a secret underground NFLDC society. That's cute. Little boys going around neg repping posters for no reason at all except for the fact that they feel like they belong to a group.

Yep, you found us. We've been operating underground for a while now, secretly planning to de-rail NFLDC by banding together to neg rep people. DG never posts :/ in irc, he came crying to us all and asked us to neg rep the guy because DG was so hurt by someone dropping a completely anonymous reference that was actually of him. Yep, that's exactly how it happened.

And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling admin!

Gay Ork Wang
10-03-2008, 04:20 PM
We are: DARNIK'S ARMY

Dr. Gonzo
10-03-2008, 04:28 PM
We are: DARNIK'S ARMY

It is true. You better watch out because we are all pooling our money together in an effort to by NFLDC and instill Darnik as our master.

10-03-2008, 04:57 PM
It is true. You better watch out because we are all pooling our money together in an effort to by NFLDC and instill Darnik as our master.

Libid was our first strategic assassination.

awfullyquiet
10-03-2008, 05:21 PM

Serious?

Wait a second. Who actually wants to admit they listen to cheatginger? I thought everyone had him on /block

Gay Ork Wang
10-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Wait a second. Who actually wants to admit they listen to cheatginger? I thought everyone had him on /block
its /ignore ;)

CC.SD
10-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Incredibly annoying. No rhyme or reason, either.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

10-03-2008, 05:34 PM
its /ignore ;)

No it's ":/ ignore"