PDA

View Full Version : Matt Grothe

Bengals78
10-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Does this kid have what it takes to make it in the pros? He has an accurate arm and has some wheels. Could he be the kind of QB a team like Minnesota needs? Not the big arm guy but a leader and a guy who can play not to lose.

SenorGato
10-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Does this kid have what it takes to make it in the pros? He has an accurate arm and has some wheels. Could he be the kind of QB a team like Minnesota needs? Not the big arm guy but a leader and a guy who can play not to lose.

Sounds like Brooks Bollinger.

SuperKevin
10-02-2008, 10:47 PM
He's Chase Daniel short without the natural passing instincts Daniel has. Grothe is in for a successful CFL career

Bruce Banner
10-02-2008, 10:50 PM
He's Chase Daniel short without the natural passing instincts Daniel has. Grothe is in for a successful CFL career

What does that make Daniel? AFL all-pro?

SuperKevin
10-02-2008, 10:53 PM

I don't think Chase Daniel has an NFL future either.

Tampa 2 4 life
10-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Answer: Matt Grothe is inconsistent, short, and inaccurate.

DragonFireKai
10-02-2008, 11:02 PM

Spot on, boy.

Buckrock101
10-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Grothe isn't that great as a passer, and will likely be a late round pick at best. I could see him as a solid backup guy, but not a lot more. He will probably have a better time starting for a CFL or AFL team than riding the pine in the NFL.

BuddyCHRIST
10-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Looks like a good back up to me who with his feet could win you a few games if your starter goes down before defenses adjust to him. Kind of like how Seneca Wallace has won some games for Seattle

Bengals78
10-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Looks like a good back up to me who with his feet could win you a few games if your starter goes down before defenses adjust to him. Kind of like how Seneca Wallace has won some games for Seattle

Thats kinda what I got out of him. He cant be your franchise guy but can hold down the fort for a little while if you need.

STARHEATHER
10-03-2008, 07:37 PM
watch the last play of the pitt game. he displayed his 40 yd arm. couldnt get it to the endzone from the 50. even whe able to check up a few steps.

djp
10-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Terrible arm, makes terrible decisions.

Nice college QB, but he shouldn't be drafted.

RedVision
10-06-2008, 07:03 PM
He is a Micheal Robinson clone.

Malaka
10-06-2008, 07:05 PM
This guy has a long and great career ahead of him, maybe a couple of MVP awards too...

In the Arena Football League...

Bengals78
10-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I dont get to see a lot of USF games. Thanks for the info.

SMoore
10-06-2008, 07:29 PM
He is a Micheal Robinson clone.

He is not as good as Michael Robinson. Robinson is a way better athlete and probably would still be a better QB prospect. Grothe has no arm and is not really a great athlete, not really fast, not much power.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
He is not as good as Michael Robinson. Robinson is a way better athlete and probably would still be a better QB prospect.

His 52% completion percentage as a senior disagrees with you.

Bengals78
10-06-2008, 07:33 PM
His 52% completion percentage as a senior disagrees with you.

Facts are stupid things lol

Ozzy
10-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Grothe will not be a QB in the NFL, has a horrible arm from what I have seen. Yes good leader, tough kid, but like someone else said at best he is Brooks Bollinger. A guy that just works hard, studies hard, gets the most out of his abilities but is nothing special. However I still say Grothe cannot throw the ball well at all and probably cannot even become a Brooks Bollinger type. Stay in school as long as he can though, that is what he should do, might develop.

Bengals78
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Grothe will not be a QB in the NFL, has a horrible arm from what I have seen. Yes good leader, tough kid, but like someone else said at best he is Brooks Bollinger. A guy that just works hard, studies hard, gets the most out of his abilities but is nothing special. However I still say Grothe cannot throw the ball well at all and probably cannot even become a Brooks Bollinger type. Stay in school as long as he can though, that is what he should do, might develop.

It always sucks when you see someone who does nothing but bust their hump and do well but never really reaps the rewards.