PDA

View Full Version : Sedrick Ellis Out 2-4 Weeks

Flyboy
10-03-2008, 12:26 PM
At this point, all I can do is laugh.

CJSchneider
10-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Lots of dirty words..thats all I have to say.

LonghornsLegend
10-03-2008, 12:27 PM
It's not that long of an injury really, the Packers have it way worse on that side of the ball.

Vikes99ej
10-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Adrian Peterson thanks Sedrick Ellis.

Jvig43
10-03-2008, 12:57 PM
^^ haha i was seriously coming in here to say thank god Adrian Peterson is on my fantasy team. That sucks.

bored of education
10-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Dorsey is not injured :eek: lol

PACKmanN
10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
It's not that long of an injury really, the Packers have it way worse on that side of the ball.

I think both us and the Saints have it wrost evenly. But we do have our starting qb hurt.

CC.SD
10-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Dammit come on Sedrick, USC finally has a chance to provide a real impact with its rookies this year and break the public perception. Stick a needle in it and go beast it up like I know you can. AD is no joke.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-03-2008, 01:32 PM
I get it it's bad, but injuries happen to NFL teams every year. The redskins still made the playoffs last year despite Jason Campbell, Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El, Randy Thomas, John Jansen, Pete Kendall, Casey Rabach, Marcus Washington, Fred Smoot, Carlos Rogers, Shawn Springs, Phillip Daniels, Cornelius Griffin, Rocky McIntosh all missing significant time, some of them like Thomas, Rogers, McIntosh, Washington, basically missing the entire season, not to even mention the loss of Sean Taylor(RIP).

Bruce Banner
10-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I guess the 'Aints will have excuses when they tank.

Defensive depth is everything in this league.

Jvig43
10-03-2008, 01:37 PM
I think both us and the Saints have it wrost evenly. But we do have our starting qb hurt.

Yeah is he expected to play, are the fans considering this to be a serious injury? I have him as a starter and id rather not put Manning in over him.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Should be a good game for McFadden.

CC.SD
10-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Should be a good game for McFadden.

What's the deal with his turf toe? He did not seem very explosive last week.

T-RICH49
10-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Dorsey is not injured :eek: lol

SHHHHHHHHH don't jinx it

David
10-03-2008, 02:34 PM

Defensive depth is everything in this league.We still beat the Vikes. Convincingly I might add.

CC.SD
10-03-2008, 02:34 PM
SHHHHHHHHH don't jinx it

It's still pretty bizarre to me that Dorsey ended up a chief; he was clearly best available at 5, I never thought he would drop. Can't wait to see him live, hopefully he's still healthy by the time the Chiefs come to Qualcomm.

diabsoule
10-03-2008, 02:43 PM

Defensive depth is everything in this league.

Very classy.

Half of our starting line-up is injured. Randall ***, Sed Ellis, Scott Fujita, Aaron Glenn, Marques Colston, David Patten, Mike Karney, Jeremy Shockey, and Jonathan Goodwin. I think there are more that I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

Bruce Banner
10-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Very classy.

Half of our starting line-up is injured. Randall ***, Sed Ellis, Scott Fujita, Aaron Glenn, Marques Colston, David Patten, Mike Karney, Jeremy Shockey, and Jonathan Goodwin. I think there are more that I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

If I wanted to be classless I would have say "yes, he's injured!" but I didn't.

David
10-03-2008, 02:58 PM
If I wanted to be classless I would have say "yes, he's injured!" but I didn't.No, you were still pretty classless.

Bruce Banner
10-03-2008, 03:02 PM
No, you were still pretty classless.

Mind showing me how I was classless?

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-03-2008, 03:11 PM
What's the deal with his turf toe? He did not seem very explosive last week.
He wasn't doing well at all against Buffalo either.We have a bye week this week though so hopefully that helps.

MetSox17
10-03-2008, 03:16 PM

LOL, look at the 'Aints fans complaining about someone taking a shot at their team for being underachievers. Instead of being offended, go out and win some games. For years on years on years, your team was supposed to be the one that was finally gonna go over the playoff hump, and after every single failed attempt, you had excuses. Injuries will be your excuse this year. Don't get mad.

Twiddler
10-03-2008, 03:16 PM

I'm really not seeing it. Its not like he cheered for the injury.

Bruce Banner
10-03-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm really not seeing it. Its not like he cheered for the injury.

Thanks for seeing it my way.

LOL, look at the 'Aints fans complaining about someone taking a shot at their team for being underachievers. Instead of being offended, go out and win some games. For years on years on years, your team was supposed to be the one that was finally gonna go over the playoff hump, and after every single failed attempt, you had excuses. Injuries will be your excuse this year. Don't get mad.

Raaaacck hiiiim
Haven't lost your touch Metsox.

wicket
10-03-2008, 03:42 PM
well at least our medical staff gets decent hours in, with this rate of practice they'll be the best staff worldwide within months ;)

Saints-Tigers
10-03-2008, 04:00 PM

I hope this isn't a Cowboys fan.

CC.SD
10-03-2008, 04:35 PM

In a meta sense that IS funny but Sox isn't as bad as a lot of Poke fans in the way you're implying, that I've noticed.

SaintsMan
10-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't even get upset anymore. We seem to have a couple key injuries every week.

When is the last time the Cowboys beat the Saints?

Bruce Banner
10-03-2008, 05:15 PM

When is the last time the Saints won a SB?

How about a conference championship?

wicket
10-03-2008, 05:18 PM

If we go that way what is the last time the cowboys won a play-off game

Bruce Banner
10-03-2008, 05:19 PM
If we go that way what is the last time the cowboys won a play-off game

Only casual fans celebrate playoff exits.

Only winning one or two playoff games doesn't matter.

So I ask again, when was the last time the Saints won a Superbowl?

SaintsMan
10-03-2008, 05:26 PM

When is the last time you shut your face? I wasn't talking to you and I don't see what this has to do with what I'm saying. I sure as hell won't go around acting like a classless punk if we ever win a SB.

Bruce Banner
10-03-2008, 05:28 PM
When is the last time you shut your face? I wasn't talking to you and I don't see what this has to do with what I'm saying. I sure as hell won't go around acting like a classless punk if we ever win a SB.

That's if you're alive to see the SB win because at this rate, you won't witness one.

SaintsMan
10-03-2008, 05:31 PM
That's if you're alive to see the SB win because at this rate, you won't witness one.

I'm so hurt.

d34ng3l021
10-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Aite guys. Break it up. Lets all be friends.

Bruce Banner
10-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Aite guys. Break it up. Lets all be friends.

Easy for you to intervene when you have your franchise QB in place, your franchise RB in place, a top young WR!

Defense doesn't matter when you can't score!

I'm jealous.

Saints-Tigers
10-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Ok, I admit it, we aren't really suffering many injuries, we are just making it all up.

SaintsMan
10-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Ok, I admit it, we aren't really suffering many injuries, we are just making it all up.

Payton said we should have Ellis, Shockey and Colston back for the game against Carolina two weeks from now. If so, that is going to be huge. We need to be at full strength for the Panthers and Chargers in just a few weeks.

Also, it will be nice to get some of our key depth back in David Patten, Randall ***, Aaron Glenn, Aaron Stecker, etc

TitleTown088
10-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Who has it worse... Packers or saints?

Sniper
10-03-2008, 11:19 PM

Saints, because the Packers still have Heisman Woodson!!!!!!!! Lock ************* down baby. Leads the league in PBU, 2 of his 3 picks for TDs!

saintsfan912
10-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Hopefully Lake can fill in for Sed. He's been decent/pretty good when he gets PT.

Flyboy
10-03-2008, 11:23 PM

I'm biased, but I'm inclined to say the Saints. Although, Rodgers being banged up comes close to triumphing everything.

steelersfan43
10-04-2008, 01:37 AM
steelers have no runningbacks. Im pumped for gary russel though, he has heart. I call him russel athletic when i use him in madden

David
10-04-2008, 02:04 AM
http://i34.tinypic.com/292tniv.gif

The last time the Cowboys beat the Saints...

"The Sign" by Ace of Base was the #1 single in the country

gas was $1.05 a gallon

Braveheart was the "best picture" in the country

black holes were still "theoretical"

The TV show Friends made its television debut.

Academy Award nominated actress Abigail Breslin was not even conceived yet

Bruce Banner
10-04-2008, 03:22 AM

gas was $1.05 a gallon

When is the last time the Saints won a superbowl?

Sorry, I can't pull out pop culture references to give you hints.

diabsoule
10-04-2008, 09:12 AM

http://badgerblogger.com/img/broken_record.jpg

Is that all you have for a rebuttal? "When is the last time the Saints won a superbowl?" Who ******* cares? You've said that three times and no one's answered. That's fan-*******-tastic that you know we haven't won a SB. I think it's common knowledge that the Saints, Cardinals, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Bills, and Texans all haven't won Super Bowls and that most of the teams mentioned haven't been to one. You're not saying anything new.

You're point has been made and you can quit now if that's the best you have. The Saints are still 2-2 despite injuries and have lost two very close games. No one on the team is making excuses and everyone is stepping up and filling the gaps that injuries have created. We're still going out and playing hard. We're just having a rash of bad luck and losing players that make an impact when healthy, which we should all have back in a few weeks and despite all of these injuries I still expect us to make the playoffs.

Gay Ork Wang
10-04-2008, 10:16 AM

Thats such a great argument to make and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat...

David
10-04-2008, 11:21 AM

Sorry, I can't pull out pop culture references to give you hints.Dude, the last time the cowboys won a playoff game was over 11 years ago.Besides who's your team?

Gay Ork Wang
10-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

David
10-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Tampa Bay BuccaneersThat's ever worse Geez.

Gay Ork Wang
10-04-2008, 11:52 AM
That's ever worse Geez.
Yes thats why he is hating on them Saints

David
10-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Yes thats why he is hating on them SaintsI'll give the butt pirate fan a break then.

MetSox17
10-04-2008, 12:32 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/292tniv.gif

gas was $1.05 a gallon

LOL, as if any of that matters or insults me. You see, unlike you, i don't moan and complain about my team not winning in the playoffs recently. I admit that last year we underachieved in the playoffs after a stellar regular season, and we're gonna try and improve on it this year.

Someone took a shot at your team, and you're all butt-hurt, and automatically jump on me because i'm a Cowboys fan. Haha, great way to structure your argument, right? I find that hilarious, that EVERYONE gets all defensive when they talk about their team, and jump on the fact that the Cowboys haven't won anything in the past 11 years.

Congratulations, you accomplished absolutely nothing with your argument!

If you're gonna start talking about history, i don't care that gas was a dollar a gallon the last time the Cowboys beat the Saints. Your franchise for many a years was an absolute travesty, and since the 00's, when you finally bumped into some playoff games, you failed miserably. Don't bring up history when talking about the Cowboys, because it'll do nothing for your argument.

Is that all you have for a rebuttal? "When is the last time the Saints won a superbowl?" Who ******* cares? You've said that three times and no one's answered. That's fan-*******-tastic that you know we haven't won a SB. I think it's common knowledge that the Saints, Cardinals, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Bills, and Texans all haven't won Super Bowls and that most of the teams mentioned haven't been to one. You're not saying anything new.

You're point has been made and you can quit now if that's the best you have. The Saints are still 2-2 despite injuries and have lost two very close games. No one on the team is making excuses and everyone is stepping up and filling the gaps that injuries have created. We're still going out and playing hard. We're just having a rash of bad luck and losing players that make an impact when healthy, which we should all have back in a few weeks and despite all of these injuries I still expect us to make the playoffs.

Yeah, no one cares that the Saints haven't won a superbowl, so why should he bring up the Cowboys not winning one playoff game in the past ten years? Does that have absolutely anything to contribute to the discussion? Two can play that game. If you wanna talk about the Saints beating the Cowboys, i'll go to the indestructible "We have five Superbowl rings".

BB brought up the excuse thing, for the reason i previously mentioned. Underachieving, then blaming it on coaching, injuries, Aaron Brooks.. etc.

David
10-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Does that have absolutely anything to contribute to the discussion?
What does calling us the "Aints" have to contribute? Other than being a classless jerk?

Bruce Banner
10-04-2008, 03:00 PM
That's ever worse Geez.

http://baltimoreron.homestead.com/files/superb_trophy.jpg

Terrible, I know.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/tclark5092/bucs/sbring01.jpg

What does calling us the "Aints" have to contribute? Other than being a classless jerk?

It was in jest. Come on, "Aints".....the word "Aints" got that far into your skull?

diabsoule
10-04-2008, 06:56 PM
This has gone on for far too long.