PDA

View Full Version : UMiami RB's: Cooper/James

BuckDawg23
10-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Are Miami's RB's Cooper and James draft eligible? Im pretty sure James is a JR. and is eligible and Cooper is 3 years removed from HS and is also eligible, can someone clarify this...

Also what are the chances either or both declare and what round you guys see them going in if they did?

Geomar
10-04-2008, 06:44 AM
http://insidetheu.com/images/newspics/2818013255JavarrisJamesCSU.jpg
Javarris James has been injured all year, he is coming back for the UCF game. He looked great in the opening game. I doubt he will leave early, he's had a history of injurys so it hurts him a bit.

In the opener he had 12 carries for 77 yards and 1 TD.

Before I used to think Javarris was better, but now Graig Cooper has surpassed him.

now moving on to: http://insidetheu.com/images/newspics/2729433957GraigCooperUNC.jpg

Graig Cooper has been amazing for us all season,

300 yards rushings for 3 rushing TD's on only 54 carries.
3 catches for 30 yards and 1 recieving TD.
2 punt returns for 81 yards and 1 TD.

Basically he has about 420 all purpose yards, with 5 TD's. In only 4 games.(Majority of the nations other RB's have played 5 games.)

I think Cooper wont declare this year, but he is on path to having a huge year. He is looking like one of the elite backs in the nation and were not handing the ball off to him 30 times, were actually doing it 15 times and he racks up the yards and TD's.

I cant wait until we get Javarris back next week.

Also something to note: Javarris is edgerrin james cousin for anyone hwo didn't know.

And Graig Cooper beat out LeSean McCoy for the starting job in prep school at Milford. Thats the reason why McCoy never resigned with Miami, he was afraid Cooper was going to steal the spotlight.

GRAIG COOPER IS THE REAL DEAL.

djp
10-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Cooper's draft stock is soaring. He put on about 15 lbs of muscle and really, really worked hard in the offseason. It's showing right now. He looks like the fastest guy on the field almost every time he touches the ball.

He should be staying for another year, but who knows? Right now I'd say he'd go in the 3rd round, but if he continues to play like this, who knows?

Malaka
10-04-2008, 03:32 PM
In next years draft I can easily see Graig Cooper being a first round running back. I am really high on this guy, I think he is an all-around great runningback, if he has a HUGE and I mean HUGE year this year I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves if he gets the first round grade and carries on UM's 1st rounder tradition.

As for Javarris James, this man has all the potential but his injuries are holding him back, I really like him too, but I am way more high on Cooper.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Graig Cooper is a monster. I kinda hope one of them declare this year, because as awesome as it sounds in theory I can't really see three absolute STUD RBs sharing the load really well. So when Bryce gets there, who knows what will happen.

Bruce Banner
10-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Graig Cooper is a monster. I kinda hope one of them declare this year, because as awesome as it sounds in theory I can't really see three absolute STUD RBs sharing the load really well. So when Bryce gets there, who knows what will happen.
Slightly off topic....
I'm late to the party, Bryce's wiki describes him as a man-god but just how good is this kid?

If you were to rank the top 10 RB recruits in the last 10 years, would he make it?

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Slightly off topic....
I'm late to the party, Bryce's wiki describes him as a man-god but just how good is this kid?

If you were to rank the top 10 RB recruits in the last 10 years, would he make it?

I doubt it, but it would be close.

Lorenzo Booker
Reggie Bush
Adrian Peterson
Chris Wells
Joe McKnight

Were all, IMO, better recruits off of ther top of my head. Darrell Scott I would take over Brown. I just checked out Rivals, which only gos back to 2002, but the only other player I would take over Brown is Jonathan Stewart. I know Kevin Jones was a better prospect as well, being the top player in the country coming out of highschool. That was like 2000.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Oh, and keep in mind that Brown isn't even the undisputed top runner in this years class of runningbacks, which is great. Trent Richardson, Christian Michael, and Cierre Wood are all in contention for that top spot.

The homer in me says I should mention David Wilson as well, lol.

Bruce Banner
10-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the info.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-04-2008, 10:21 PM
I doubt it, but it would be close.

Lorenzo Booker
Reggie Bush
Adrian Peterson
Chris Wells
Joe McKnight

Were all, IMO, better recruits off of ther top of my head. Darrell Scott I would take over Brown. I just checked out Rivals, which only gos back to 2002, but the only other player I would take over Brown is Jonathan Stewart. I know Kevin Jones was a better prospect as well, being the top player in the country coming out of highschool. That was like 2000.

There are some scouts who feel he is better than any 08 RBs. Also, I think he's right up there in that top list of RBs you have. The kid is Adrian Peterson big, fast as hell, and looks to have all the moves. He is a definite can't miss type of guy.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 10:30 PM
There are some scouts who feel he is better than any 08 RBs. Also, I think he's right up there in that top list of RBs you have. The kid is Adrian Peterson big, fast as hell, and looks to have all the moves. He is a definite can't miss type of guy.

Yeah, I know a lot of people feel he is better than any of the backs last year. But I am a big Darrell Scott fan.

Joeyjr09
10-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I know a lot of people feel he is better than any of the backs last year. But I am a big Darrell Scott fan.

Darrell Scott is overrated. He is being beaten out for the RB job by a fellow FR on a Colorado team that's average at best.

I knew Darrell Scott was overrated when he was being recruited.

BB is much better then any back last year and the only one that even has a case to be mentioned with him this year is Trent Richardson.

BB is easily in the conversation to be towards the bottom of a top 10 list.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Darrell Scott is overrated. He is being beaten out for the RB job by a fellow FR on a Colorado team that's average at best.

I knew Darrell Scott was overrated when he was being recruited.

BB is much better then any back last year and the only one that even has a case to be mentioned with him this year is Trent Richardson.

BB is easily in the conversation to be towards the bottom of a top 10 list.

I like Richardon a lot. Christian Michael will be a good one as well, LSU is just insane.

djp
10-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Bryce Brown isn't as hyped as much because of the competition he plays.

He is a beast.