10. Alex Mack (C) California
11. Jermaine Gresham (TE) Oklahoma
12. William Moore (S) Missouri
13. Greg Hardy (DE) Mississippi
14. Chris Wells (RB) Ohio State
15. Josh Freeman (QB) Kansas State

keylime_5
10-04-2008, 09:22 AM
I like your ILB rankings. I know they probably won't shake out that way but from this year so far I kinda think they should.

wicket
10-04-2008, 09:48 AM
the only ranking i really like is your center ranking tbh and perhaps your wr raninkg

Brent
10-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Freeman as number 1 QB? Sorry but no.

Babylon
10-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I actually like a lot of these rankings although i think the author is sort of backwards on his QB rankings. my top 5 would be;

Matt Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Sam Bradford
Curtis Painter

vidae
10-04-2008, 11:41 AM

I agree. I'm not sure why Freeman gets so much hype here. I wouldn't touch him before the 5th personally.

Babylon
10-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree. I'm not sure why Freeman gets so much hype here. I wouldn't touch him before the 5th personally.

I certainly didnt see enough from him last year to warrant a high pick that's for sure, he was good on the underneath stuff to Nelson but i thought he was suspect on anything resembling a deep pass. Mark May of ESPN is real high on him, not sure if that is a good thing or not. Would probably be wise to stay another year.

10-04-2008, 12:42 PM
The Freeman hype disgusts me. No Sanchez ?

keylime_5
10-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I actually like a lot of these rankings although i think the author is sort of backwards on his QB rankings. my top 5 would be;

Matt Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Sam Bradford
Curtis Painter

i would say:
1-Stafford
2-Sanchez
3-Davis
4-Bradford
5-Tebow

10-04-2008, 12:53 PM
i would say:
1-Stafford
2-Sanchez
3-Davis
4-Bradford
5-Tebow

That would be more along the lines of what I would think ..

abaddon41_80
10-04-2008, 12:54 PM
The only thing I have a huge problem with is your QB rankings. I would say

1. Bradford
2. Stafford
3. Tebow
4. Carpenter
5. McCoy

Babylon
10-04-2008, 01:06 PM
The only thing I have a huge problem with is your QB rankings. I would say

1. Bradford
2. Stafford
3. Tebow
4. Carpenter
5. McCoy

Who's Carpenter?

abaddon41_80
10-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Rudy Carpenter. I think he is vastly underrated.

Cigaro
10-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Question- Is this collegiately, or pro?

Also, ILB, what scheme?

Dr. Gonzo
10-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I have

1. Bradford
2. Stafford
3. McCoy
4. Sanchez
5. Davis

adschofield
10-04-2008, 02:10 PM
The return of Joshzzz Freemanzzzz...Keeping the undeserved hype in the same program, I like how you guys think

Malaka
10-04-2008, 03:18 PM
A couple of things I really do not agree with... one is Freeman being your #1 QB here, really he may seem like JaMarcus Russell but he is nowhere near as good as Jamarcus and he doesn't play for a top notch program and play against the type of competition that LSU does. I'd probably look at Freeman as a project QB and take him in the 3rd.

Malcolm Jenkins is more pro ready, and will be very good the top CB is debatable but I rather have Jenkins.

Lastly, I think Kam Chancellor should be in the top 5 safeties, personally I have him 3rd behind Moore and Mays.

Then... no Michael Johnson in your top 5 DEs? The man has all the potential in the world. He has started a little slow but take him out of the top 5 completely? I really disagree there.

The I guess you really hate USC... but to not have Fili Moala in the top is debatable and I disagree with you that he isn't. Then Brian Cushing would be a top 15 pick if it weren't for his injuries and he will go in the first round I agree Curry is #1 but Cushing IMO is #2 then Rey Maualuga is undoubtedly in my mind the #ILB in the country at least you have him in the top 3.

Jeremy Maclin and Percy Harvin over Heyward-Bey I disagree, Bey can be a great #1 meanwhile Maclin and Harvin look like slot or #2s, I agree Crabtree is #1.

I like Eugene Monroe over Andre Smith as an LT, because I think Andre Smith will play RT.

Brent
10-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Agreed.

The Freeman hype disgusts me.
I think he has a chance to be a decent QB that's a far off distance from where he is now. Personally, I wanna know why people are putting him over Bomar. My bias towards SHSU aside, it's ridiculous.

Babylon
10-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Agreed.

I think he has a chance to be a decent QB that's a far off distance from where he is now. Personally, I wanna know why people are putting him over Bomar. My bias towards SHSU aside, it's ridiculous.

Always a good day when we get at least one Rhett Bomar referance, how's his season going?

Brent
10-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Always a good day when we get at least one Rhett Bomar referance, how's his season going?
I dont know if that is sarcasm or not but regardless; 3 games, 878 yards, 10 TDs 3 INTs, 64% completion.

Babylon
10-04-2008, 04:03 PM
I dont know if that is sarcasm or not but regardless; 3 games, 878 yards, 10 TDs 3 INTs, 64% completion.

Not at all. I thought out of highschool he was one of the better prospects at that position i could remember. It's hard when you sort of fall off the wagon you get a reputation that is hard to get rid of. hopefully he will get a chance at the combine.

Sniper
10-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Then... no Michael Johnson in your top 5 DEs? The man has all the potential in the world. He has started a little slow but take him out of the top 5 completely? I really disagree there.

Michael Johnson hasn't done anything, and I mean, ANYTHING, in his career to deserve a top 5 DE ranking.

Brent
10-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Not at all. I thought out of highschool he was one of the better prospects at that position i could remember. It's hard when you sort of fall off the wagon you get a reputation that is hard to get rid of. hopefully he will get a chance at the combine.
Well, I thought going to SHSU was just what he would need to get his ego in check and allow him to show his arm off but if you search YouTube you can see where after SHSU lost to OK State he was talking trash about OK State forever being the step child to OU or something, as if he still went to OU. It was kind of pathetic and disappointing.

I used to go to SHSU so I'll always want to see them do well, especially if someone from there can make it in the league. Even if it's someone as pompous as Rhett Bomar.

Malaka
10-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Michael Johnson hasn't done anything, and I mean, ANYTHING, in his career to deserve a top 5 DE ranking.

Well I thought the same for Matt Ryan, but NFL teams love that word that I myself hate... potential... which is something Michael Johnson has tons of... he will not fall past the 2nd round that I can guarantee. I think he is still top 5, but thats my opinion we'll see after the combine, and you know the hypefest that is going to follow him after that.

Sniper
10-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Well I thought the same for Matt Ryan, but NFL teams love that word that I myself hate... potential... which is something Michael Johnson has tons of... he will not fall past the 2nd round that I can guarantee. I think he is still top 5, but thats my opinion we'll see after the combine, and you know the hypefest that is going to follow him after that.

Matt Ryan, as much as I hated him as a prospect, still did more in college than Johnson had. Ryan also had zero supporting cast. Johnson just isn't a very good player right now.

Malaka
10-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Matt Ryan, as much as I hated him as a prospect, still did more in college than Johnson had. Ryan also had zero supporting cast. Johnson just isn't a very good player right now.

I agree with you here but we will see come draft day, I do not think he has fallen out of the top 5 DEs, he is no longer the top ten pick many people thought he was but if he can get his game on track and rack up maybe 8 sacks on the year, he will easily be a first rounder.

Sniper
10-04-2008, 04:32 PM
I agree with you here but we will see come draft day, I do not think he has fallen out of the top 5 DEs, he is no longer the top ten pick many people thought he was but if he can get his game on track and rack up maybe 8 sacks on the year, he will easily be a first rounder.

Maybe, but I expect more than 8 sacks from a 6'7", 300 pound freak.

Buckrock101
10-04-2008, 04:47 PM

Wanna expand on that?

Keeping the undeserved hype in the same program, I like how you guys think

Huh?

Question- Is this collegiately, or pro?

Also, ILB, what scheme?

Pro, and no particular scheme.

Brent
10-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Wanna expand on that?
I don't believe that he's shown that he's better than other QB's. I didnt think he looked all that great against Louisville and all he's done this year is beat up on cupcake teams. The potential is there but at this point, I just dont see him as being in the top 5. Hell, I really doubt he even enters the draft this year unless by some random far-out chance K-State makes it to a BCS game and he plays like a Heisman winner.

Buckrock101
10-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't believe that he's shown that he's better than other QB's. I didnt think he looked all that great against Louisville and all he's done this year is beat up on cupcake teams. The potential is there but at this point, I just dont see him as being in the top 5. Hell, I really doubt he even enters the draft this year unless by some random far-out chance K-State makes it to a BCS game and he plays like a Heisman winner.

He has all the tools, physically and mentally. He has put up solid production, despite being surrounded by a pretty average amount of talent. He can lead a team and run an offense. He needs some work, but so does any QB coming out.

The game against Louisville he played pretty well... he had no support most of the game, and was playing against a defense that is well-coached and playing well. It's hard to get things really rolling when your team has 30 yards on the ground... 18 of those from Freeman himself.

P-L
10-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Joshzzz Freemanzzz = #1 overall pick

keylime_5
10-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Maybe, but I expect more than 8 sacks from a 6'7", 300 pound freak.

8 sacks is a good number for a DE in college, let alone a big DT. Pressure up the middle and demanding double teams like Dorsey at LSU last year is what you want, sacks and tfls are icing on the cake.

Staubach12
10-04-2008, 06:31 PM
QB:
1. Sam Bradford
2. Colt McCoy
3. Mark Sanchez
4. Matt Stafford
5. Josh Freeman

RB:
1. Knowshon Moreno
2. Chris Wells
3. Javon Ringer
4. James Davis
5. Arian Foster

WR:
1. Michael Crabtree
2. Parcy Harvin
3. Jeremy Maclin
4. Darrius Heyward-Bey
5. Brandon Tate

I'll finish up later.

Staubach12
10-04-2008, 06:32 PM

Matt Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Sam Bradford
Curtis Painter

Tebow over Bradford? Are you serious?

STARHEATHER
10-04-2008, 06:33 PM
not too bad. your rb rankings are pretty off though. shon greene put up another 160 today. charles scott has easily outplayed beanie and is just as big, just as fast and breaks far more tackles and is more shifty as is shon greene. and theyve been far more productive. id like to see some speed backs in that top 5 too. maybe a cj spiller type. no terrence cody in your dt rankings. pretty much everyone on your list has been run over at some point this year. bama defense allowed 30 yds rushing and 0 points through 3 q again today. dont be discouraged though on your rankings. the higher the reputation, the lower the value of the opinion and the more it is based on media guides and sportscenter higlights. pretty good job overall. the best ive seen. you may want to drop selvie from the top spot as he has caught the injury bug and 3-4 olbs dont get picked 1 overall. overall, the best ive seen. i would like to hear some more from you as far as putting some justification behind some of the rankings. im sure it will take a while but maybe over time.

keylime_5
10-04-2008, 06:37 PM
scott has outplayed Beanie? Beanie has been his extremely impressive self so far in his 2 games and 27 carries he's had this year. Beanie is far and away the most talented back in the country. The only thing Scott has on him now is that he hasn't been hurt as much, but he's only been a starter for a few games.

Babylon
10-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Tebow over Bradford? Are you serious?

I think at this time Tebow is the higher rated player but Bradford could move up. I have to say this love affair with all these big-12 QBs is almost beyond belief. Josh Freeman and Colt McCoy put up stats but they arent in the elite category as far as the draft is concerned. I'll stick with Stafford, Sanchez and Tebow as the only 1st rounders in this years draft.

STARHEATHER
10-04-2008, 06:47 PM
you mean in the 6 quarters hes playedf. i dont see how you could say beanie has outplayed anyone. scotts been unstoppable. as has shon greene and they are just as big and fast as beanie and way way way harder to get down. dan herron was just as effective as beanie in the minnesota game. which means gaping holes. greene put up another 160 today. the announcer stated from the stat truck during the game that he only went down on first contact 5 times in 28 carries. at this point. youre saying basically a player who finished one game out of 4 with a career history of injuries has been more impressive than dudes putting up well over a c note every week, and have nfl tb pedigree, and are actually making it through games. beanie has also put it on the carpet in both games. i guess if you want an injury prone fumbler.

1. scott
2. greene
3. spiller

keylime_5
10-04-2008, 07:21 PM
herron is/was no where near as effective as Beanie. He is solid and always gets positive yards but he doesn't have that elite dimension of breaking a big run like Beanie and he can't create his own yards like #28. The difference is night and day. No one has outplayed Beanie in what time he has seen so far. They might have played as well but not outplayed. There is no back that talented and good in college football right now.

illmatic74
10-04-2008, 08:29 PM
QB
1. Sam Bradford SO(RS)
2. Matthew Stafford JR
3. Mark Sanchez JR
4. Tom Brandstater
5. Tim Tebow JR
HB
1. Knowshon Moreno SO(RS)
2. Lesean McCoy SO
3. Chris Wells JR
4. Donald Brown JR
5. J.J Spiller JR
WR
1. Michael Crabtree SO(RS)
2. Darius Heyward-Bey JR
3. Jeremy Maclin SO(RS)
4. Jarret Dillard
5. Kenny McKinley
TE
1. Jermaine Gresham JR
2. Travis Beckum H-Back
3. Chase Coffman
4. Brandon Pettigrew
5. Ryan Purvis
OT
1. Michael Oher
2. Eugene Monroe
3. Jason Smith
4. Phil Loadholt
5. Ciron Black JR
OG
1. Andre Smith JR
2. Duke Robinson
3. Herman Johnson
4. Jeremy Perry
5. Kraig Urbik
OC
1. Alex Mack
2. Johnathan Luigs
3. Max Unger
4. Antoine Caldwell
5. Alex Fletcher
DE
1. Brian Orapoko
2. Tyson Jackson
3. Michael Johnson
4. Greg Hardy
5. Brandon Graham
DTs dont feel like it
OLBS
1. George Selvie 3-4
2. Aaron Curry
3. Brian Cushing
4. Clint Stinhim
5. Marcus Freeman
MLB
1. Rey Maualuga 3-4
2. James Laurinaitis
3. Brandon Spikes JR
4. Darryl Beckwith
5. Darnell Ellerbee
CB
1. Vontae Davis JR
2. Malcolm Jenkins
3. Darius Butler
4. Alphonzo Smith
5. Victor Harris
S
1. Taylor Mays JR
2. William Moore
3. Patrick Chung
4. Rashard Johnson
5. Courtney Greene
Players I wish were eligible
WR Arrelious Benn
DT Marvin Austen
DB Eric Berry

Sniper
10-04-2008, 08:40 PM
8 sacks is a good number for a DE in college, let alone a big DT. Pressure up the middle and demanding double teams like Dorsey at LSU last year is what you want, sacks and tfls are icing on the cake.

Johnson is a DE.

iBoldin
10-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Wow, you really get hard when thinking of Brigham Young, don't you?

sweetness34
10-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Weeeooooweeooooo weeeooooweeeoooo Vontaazzzeee #1!!

Nice rankings btw.

sweetness34
10-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Malcolm Jenkins is more pro ready, and will be very good the top CB is debatable but I rather have Jenkins.

Que??!!

(That's what the hell does that sentence mean in spanish btw). So you think Jenkins is more pro ready but you'd rather have Jenkins? Hmmm, oxymoron much? ;)

CLong4Heisman
10-04-2008, 09:03 PM
you mean in the 6 quarters hes playedf. i dont see how you could say beanie has outplayed anyone. scotts been unstoppable. as has shon greene and they are just as big and fast as beanie and way way way harder to get down. dan herron was just as effective as beanie in the minnesota game. which means gaping holes. greene put up another 160 today. the announcer stated from the stat truck during the game that he only went down on first contact 5 times in 28 carries. at this point. youre saying basically a player who finished one game out of 4 with a career history of injuries has been more impressive than dudes putting up well over a c note every week, and have nfl tb pedigree, and are actually making it through games. beanie has also put it on the carpet in both games. i guess if you want an injury prone fumbler.

1. scott
2. greene
3. spiller

That huge run Beanie just broke says whats up. An injury prone fumbler? Those were the same things said about Peterson last year. Sometimes injuries cant be prevented they just happened and you'll by hard pressed to find anyone who has never been injured or fumbled the ball. Spiller splits carries so no, Scott is decent but not Beanie, Greene? Did you have any idea who he was before that game?

dunagan15
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM
QB
1. Sam Bradford SO(RS)
2. Matthew Stafford JR
3. Mark Sanchez JR
4. Tom Brandstater
5. Tim Tebow JR
HB
2. Lesean McCoy SO
3. Chris Wells JR
4. Donald Brown JR
5. J.J Spiller JR
WR
2. Darius Heyward-Bey JR
3. Jeremy Maclin SO(RS)
4. Jarret Dillard
5. Kenny McKinley
TE
1. Jermaine Gresham JR
2. Travis Beckum H-Back
3. Chase Coffman
4. Brandon Pettigrew
5. Ryan Purvis
OT
1. Michael Oher
2. Eugene Monroe
3. Jason Smith
4. Phil Loadholt
5. Ciron Black JR
OG
1. Andre Smith JR
2. Duke Robinson
3. Herman Johnson
4. Jeremy Perry
5. Kraig Urbik
OC
1. Alex Mack
2. Johnathan Luigs
3. Max Unger
4. Antoine Caldwell
5. Alex Fletcher
DE
1. Brian Orapoko
2. Tyson Jackson
3. Michael Johnson
4. Greg Hardy
5. Brandon Graham
DTs dont feel like it
OLBS
1. George Selvie 3-4
2. Aaron Curry
3. Brian Cushing
4. Clint Stinhim
5. Marcus Freeman
MLB
1. Rey Maualuga 3-4
2. James Laurinaitis
3. Brandon Spikes JR
4. Darryl Beckwith
5. Darnell Ellerbee
CB
1. Vontae Davis JR
2. Malcolm Jenkins
3. Darius Butler
4. Alphonzo Smith
5. Victor Harris
S
1. Taylor Mays JR
2. William Moore
3. Patrick Chung
4. Rashard Johnson
5. Courtney Greene
WR Arrelious Benn
DT Marvin Austen
DB Eric Berry

Much better, except for Mays, I hate him but thats just me.

STARHEATHER
10-04-2008, 11:32 PM
im not sure where you got that i said ap was anjury prone fumbler. if you saw his "great" run tonight. its exactly what he always does on his big runs. one cut then a gaping hole. herron was just as effective vs minn running through gaping holes. see thats really the difference between you and i. i watch what happens on every play. i dont just remember the big plays. its just as important how a player gets yards as how many they get. and beanie has fumbled in both games this yr and has been injured both of his seasons. so if thats not an injury prone fumbler, please tell me what is.

Buckrock101
10-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Wow, you really get hard when thinking of Brigham Young, don't you?

They are a good team, and have a lot of talent. Shouldn't be a big surprise to see some of their players starting on Sundays.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-05-2008, 12:18 AM
A sketch of how I see it right now (all eligible players)...

Quarterback
1) Mark Sanchez / Southern California
2) Matthew Stafford / Georgia
3) Sam Bradford / Oklahoma
4) Josh Freeman / Kansas State
5) Tim Tebow / Florida

Runningback
1) LeSean McCoy / Pittsburgh
2) Chris Wells / Ohio State
3) Knowshon Moreno / Georgia
4) Javon Ringer / Michigan State
5) Donald Brown / Conneticut

Wide Receiver
1) Jeremy Maclin / Missouri
2) Michael Crabtree / Texas Tech
3) Brandon Tate / North Carolina
4) Darius Heyward-Bey / Maryland
5) Jarrett Dillard / Rice

Tight End
1) Brandon Pettigrew / Oklahoma State
2) Travis Beckum / Wisconsin
3) Chase Coffman / Missouri

Offensive Line
1) Andre Smith / Alabama
2) Eugene Monroe / Virginia
3) Alex Mack / California
4) Michael Oher / Mississippi
5) Jason Smith / Baylor
5) Antoine Caldwell / Alabama
6) Tyronne Green / Auburn
7) Andy Levitre / Oregon State
8) Ciron Black / Lousiana State
9) Jaime Thomas / Maryland
10) Duke Robinson / Oklahoma

Defensive Line
1) George Selvie / South Florida
2) Sen'Derrick Marks / Auburn
3) Greg Hardy / Mississippi
4) Tyson Jackson / Louisiana State
5) Peria Jerry / Mississippi
6) Terrence Cody / Alabama
7) Brian Orakpo / Texas
8) Vance Walker / Georgia Tech
9) Fili Moala / Southern California
10) Michael Johnson / Georgia Tech

Linebackers
1) Aaron Curry / Wake Forest
2) Brian Cushing / Southern California
3) Rey Maualuga / Southern California
4) James Laurinaitis / Ohio State
5) Jasper Brinkley / South Carolina

Defensive Backs
1) Malcolm Jenkins / Ohio State
2) William Moore / Missouri
3) Vontae Davis / Illinois
4) Alphonso Smith / Wake Forest
5) Taylor Mays / Southern California
6) Derrick Pegues / Mississippi State
7) Darius Butler / Connecticut
8) Rashad Johnson / Alabama
9) Mike Mickens / Cincinnati
10) Patrick Chung / Oregon

Sniper
10-05-2008, 12:30 AM
im not sure where you got that i said ap was anjury prone fumbler. if you saw his "great" run tonight. its exactly what he always does on his big runs. one cut then a gaping hole. herron was just as effective vs minn running through gaping holes. see thats really the difference between you and i. i watch what happens on every play. i dont just remember the big plays. its just as important how a player gets yards as how many they get. and beanie has fumbled in both games this yr and has been injured both of his seasons. so if thats not an injury prone fumbler, please tell me what is.

Anjury? Really? Honestly? This spelling, grammar, and disdain for breaking up paragraphs leads to me to offer this to you.

http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L11048286.jpg

Wells is the #1 back. He's awesome.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 12:40 AM
really? care to elaborate on why? ive put in writing all the nfl stuff he cant do. now please elaborate. hes "awesome" is not quite enough. youre going to have to tell me why

Sniper
10-05-2008, 12:41 AM
really? care to elaborate on why? ive put in writing all the nfl stuff he cant do. now please elaborate. hes "awesome" is not quite enough. youre going to have to tell me why

Size, speed, strength, vision. He can also pass block pretty well.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 12:46 AM
thats what i figured. speed compared to whom. darren mcfadden? strength compared to who? jonathan stewart? and im sure you can see into his mind and see what he sees to determine he has great vision. i didnt see him find any holes tonight. either there was a gaping hole or there was no hole. i didnt see him light anyone up blocking, in fact in passing situations they mostly went empty set.

wicket
10-05-2008, 04:09 AM
QB
1. Sam Bradford SO(RS)
2. Matthew Stafford JR
3. Mark Sanchez JR
4. Tom Brandstater
5. Tim Tebow JR
HB
2. Lesean McCoy SO
3. Chris Wells JR
4. Donald Brown JR
5. J.J Spiller JR
WR
2. Darius Heyward-Bey JR
3. Jeremy Maclin SO(RS)
4. Jarret Dillard
5. Kenny McKinley
TE
1. Jermaine Gresham JR
2. Travis Beckum H-Back
3. Chase Coffman
4. Brandon Pettigrew
5. Ryan Purvis
OT
1. Michael Oher
2. Eugene Monroe
3. Jason Smith
4. Phil Loadholt
5. Ciron Black JR
OG
1. Andre Smith JR
2. Duke Robinson
3. Herman Johnson
4. Jeremy Perry
5. Kraig Urbik
OC
1. Alex Mack
2. Johnathan Luigs
3. Max Unger
4. Antoine Caldwell
5. Alex Fletcher
DE
1. Brian Orapoko
2. Tyson Jackson
3. Michael Johnson
4. Greg Hardy
5. Brandon Graham
DTs dont feel like it
OLBS
1. George Selvie 3-4
2. Aaron Curry
3. Brian Cushing
4. Clint Stinhim
5. Marcus Freeman
MLB
1. Rey Maualuga 3-4
2. James Laurinaitis
3. Brandon Spikes JR
4. Darryl Beckwith
5. Darnell Ellerbee
CB
1. Vontae Davis JR
2. Malcolm Jenkins
3. Darius Butler
4. Alphonzo Smith
5. Victor Harris
S
1. Taylor Mays JR
2. William Moore
3. Patrick Chung
4. Rashard Johnson
5. Courtney Greene
WR Arrelious Benn
DT Marvin Austen
DB Eric Berry

Nice rankings I agree with most of them, nice how you make a statement by andre smith by putting him in the guard rankings though, I think he'd at least be a rt in the pros and after watching a lot of him perhaps even left Also I'd put Scott in the top 5 (just though)

Also I'll just add my DT top 5 for the sake of completeness.
1 Sen'Derrick Marks
2 Ricky Jean-Francois
3 Peria Jerry
4 Terrance Cody
5 Fili Moala

Buckrock101
10-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Nice rankings I agree with most of them, nice how you make a statement by andre smith by putting him in the guard rankings though, I think he'd at least be a rt in the pros and after watching a lot of him perhaps even left Also I'd put Scott in the top 5 (just though)

Also I'll just add my DT top 5 for the sake of completeness.
1 Sen'Derrick Marks
2 Ricky Jean-Francois
3 Peria Jerry
4 Terrance Cody
5 Fili Moala

No Vance Walker in there is puzzling.

CLong4Heisman
10-05-2008, 10:06 AM

I said that the same things were said about Peterson that you are saying about Beanie. So is every running back supposed to be like Noel Devine and break off 70 yards runs and juke 6 guys out of their jock straps. Did you just say that Herron looked good vs Minnesota? Seriously, no offense to Minny, they just arent that good yet.
To me Beanie can be a Larry Johnson type player ( pre injuries) He hits the hole makes one cut and will fall foward which is a great trait for any player to have.

Staubach12
10-05-2008, 12:03 PM
I think at this time Tebow is the higher rated player but Bradford could move up. I have to say this love affair with all these big-12 QBs is almost beyond belief. Josh Freeman and Colt McCoy put up stats but they arent in the elite category as far as the draft is concerned. I'll stick with Stafford, Sanchez and Tebow as the only 1st rounders in this years draft.

So, the young QB with a good arm, great accuracy and intelligence and plays in a somewhat pro system is beat by the QB who plays in a gimmicky system, has a mediocre arm, mediocre accuracy, tends to stare down his targets, but is a "great leader" and is a master of 2-yard gains? That makes little sense at all.

Babylon
10-05-2008, 12:20 PM
So, the young QB with a good arm, great accuracy and intelligence and plays in a somewhat pro system is beat by the QB who plays in a gimmicky system, has a mediocre arm, mediocre accuracy, tends to stare down his targets, but is a "great leader" and is a master of 2-yard gains? That makes little sense at all.

Like i said before i dont think Bradford will come out. As of now i think Tebow is a little more advanced on the field.I think we're splitting hairs here as i believe they're both good football players. Tebow seems to get tested a lot more in the SEC, let's see how Sam does in the big showdown with Texas. I'm not adverse to changing my tune just not yet.

keylime_5
10-05-2008, 12:27 PM

tebow's release is really slow too, he winds up and throws it and it takes so long...it will cost him dearly in the NFL .

Sniper
10-05-2008, 12:28 PM
tebow's release is really slow too, he winds up and throws it and it takes so long...it will cost him dearly in the NFL .

Steven Threet's release makes Tebow's look like Peyton Manning's release.

Babylon
10-05-2008, 12:33 PM

I think lefties are sort of hard to judge. Funny how Tim Tebow has somehow forgot how to play football seemingly overnight.

Cigaro
10-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Quarterback:
1. Mark Sanchez, JR, Southern California
2. Sam Bradford, SO(RS), Oklahoma
3. Matthew Stafford, JR, Georgia
4. Nate Davis, JR, Ball State
5. Colt McCoy, JR(RS), Texas

Fullback:
1. Stanley Havili, SO(RS), Southern California
2. Brannan Southerland, SR(RS), Georgia
3. Chris Pressley, SR(RS), Wisconsin
4. Javorskie Lane, SR, Texas A&M
5. Conredge Collins, SR, Pittsburgh

Tailback:
1. Chris Wells, JR, Ohio State
2. Knowshon Moreno, SO(RS), Georgia
3. Donald Brown II, JR(RS), Connecticut
4. Javon Ringer, SR, Michigan State
5. LeSean McCoy, SO, Pittsburgh

Wide Receiver:
1. Michael Crabtree, SO(RS), Texas Tech
2. Jeremy Maclin, SO(RS), Missouri
3. Darrius Heyward-Bey, JR(RS), Maryland
4. Jarrett Dillard, SR(RS), Rice
5. Brian Robiskie, SR, Ohio State

Tight End:
1. Jermaine Gresham, JR, Oklahoma
2. Chase Coffman, SR, Missouri
3. Ryan Purvis, SR, Boston College
4. Jared Cook, JR(RS), South Carolina
5. Brandon Pettigrew, SR, Oklahoma State

Offensive Tackle:
1. Andre Smith, JR, Alabama
2. Eugene Monroe, SR, Virginia
3. Jason Smith, SR(RS), Baylor
4. Michael Oher, SR, Ole Miss
5. Ciron Black, JR(RS), Louisiana State

Offensive Guard:
1. Herman Johnson, SR(RS), Louisiana State
2. Duke Robinson, SR, Oklahoma
3. Phil Loadholt, SR, Oklahoma
4. Jeremy Perry, SR(RS), Oregon State
5. Anthony Parker, SR(RS), Tennessee

Center:
1. Antoine Caldwell, SR, Alabama
2. Jonathan Luigs, SR(RS), Arkansas
3. Alex Mack, SR(RS), California
4. Max Unger, SR, Oregon
5. Brett Helms, SR(RS), Louisiana State

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defensive End:
1. George Selive, JR(RS), South Florida
2. Brian Orakpo, SR(RS), Texas
3. Tyson Jackson, SR(RS), Louisiana State
4. Greg Hardy, JR, Ole Miss
5. Auston English, JR(RS), Oklahoma

Defensive Tackle:
1. Sen'Derrick Marks, JR(RS), Auburn
2. Terrence Cody, JR, Alabama
3. Fili Moala, SR(RS), Southern California
4. Peria Jerry, SR, Ole Miss
5. Vance Walker, SR, Georgia Tech

Outside Linebacker:
1. Aaron Curry, SR(RS), Wake Forest
2. Brian Cushing, SR, Southern California
3. Eric Norwood, JR, South Carolina
4. Rico McCoy, JR(RS), Tennessee
5. Marcus Freeman, SR(RS), Ohio State

Inside Linebacker:
1. Rey Maualuga, SR, Southern California
2. Brandon Spikes, JR, Florida
3. Jasper Brinkley, SR(RS), South Carolina
4. James Laurinaitis, SR, Ohio State
5. Darry Beckwith, SR, Louisiana State

Cornerback:
1. Alphonso Smith, SR(RS), Wake Forest
2. Malcolm Jenkins, SR, Ohio State
3. Vontae Davis, JR, Illinois
4. Victor Harris, SR, Virginia Tech
5. Captain Munnerlyn, JR, South Carolina

Safety:
1. William Moore, SR(RS), Missouri
2. Emanuel Cook, JR, South Carolina
3. Patrick Chung, SR(RS), Oregon
4. Nic Harris, SR, Oklahoma
5. Rashad Johnson, SR(RS), Alabama

Since everyone else put up their own, I decided to do one myself. Based on how I think they'll play in the pros.

Babylon
10-05-2008, 03:03 PM
^
like that list, would have Stafford going #1 (to Houston) and Alex Mack may be the best center prospect ever, but i do like that list.

giantsfan
10-05-2008, 04:27 PM

Tebow hits his receivers in stride with most of his throws, I don't get questioning his accuracy. And his arm isn't mediocre, his actual arm strength is more than sufficient to be a successful NFL QB. His issues are his slow release, not quite leftwhich or woodson slow, but certainly a concern none the less, and his ability to digest a complex playbook. That said I love the idiot, he'll need an OC who'll work to make a system around Tebow's strengths to really flourish, but I could see him working out very well in the right situation.

Staubach12
10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Tebow hits his receivers in stride with most of his throws, I don't get questioning his accuracy. And his arm isn't mediocre, his actual arm strength is more than sufficient to be a successful NFL QB. His issues are his slow release, not quite leftwhich or woodson slow, but certainly a concern none the less, and his ability to digest a complex playbook. That said I love the idiot, he'll need an OC who'll work to make a system around Tebow's strengths to really flourish, but I could see him working out very well in the right situation.

First of all, Tebow has a nasty habit of throwing the ball into the ground and throwing behind his receivers. His accuracy disappoints on a consistent basis, especially when he gets pressure. Secondly, his arm is mediocre to the last degree. His velocity is good for a college QB, and he can succeed in the NFL with that arm, but it's still a minus. His wind-up release is as bad as Woodson's, but not Leftwich's. So, we half agree there. Tebow isn't much faster than the average NFL QB, and his power is nil on the next level. No OC wants to dumb down his playbook for the sake of one player. He's the one that's going to need to work with the OC to wrap his brain around a pro playbook. Also, his pocket presence is strait up bad, which is just one more thing.

Turtlepower
10-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Rudy Carpenter. I think he is vastly underrated.

You're awesome!

giantsfan
10-06-2008, 01:52 AM
First of all, Tebow has a nasty habit of throwing the ball into the ground and throwing behind his receivers. His accuracy disappoints on a consistent basis, especially when he gets pressure. Secondly, his arm is mediocre to the last degree. His velocity is good for a college QB, and he can succeed in the NFL with that arm, but it's still a minus. His wind-up release is as bad as Woodson's, but not Leftwich's. So, we half agree there. Tebow isn't much faster than the average NFL QB, and his power is nil on the next level. No OC wants to dumb down his playbook for the sake of one player. He's the one that's going to need to work with the OC to wrap his brain around a pro playbook. Also, his pocket presence is strait up bad, which is just one more thing.

Tebow's accuracy is inconsistent, but he does hit his receivers in stride on passes and guys he's comfortable with. And that's the problem with him, he's straight up stupid. If you've got an OC who's going to work with him and give him time and instruction he could work out very well.

His mobility is greater than most NFL QBs and his power will help him complete passes with a pass rush on him once you improve his pocket presence.

You seem to be making his arm out to be on Leinart or Pennington's level and I think he's got a better arm than that, not really much worse than Trent Edwards'. HIs release needs work, but he does show a great ability to excite and motivate his team to better themselves and he does work hard to make himself better which is why while acknowledge there are a lot of things he'll need to work on I think that with a good coach and time he'll fix his flaws and become a successful NFL QB.

Buckrock101
10-06-2008, 02:01 AM
I lol pretty hard at anyone who has Brian Cushing in their top 5 OLB lists...

rockio42
10-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Don't like your QB rankings very much

I don't mind your RB rankings and can respect those rankings

Like WR and but don't understand how Chase Coffman isn't even in your top 5

Like all your OL rankings overall

On the defense I love like all of your rankings escpially your DBs

abaddon41_80
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
You're awesome!

Yeah. Too bad right after I said that he goes and has his worst game since 2006.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Here they go... rip away!

CB
1. Vontae Davis, Illinois *
2. Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State
3. Mike Mickens, Cincinnati
4. Captain Munnerlynn, South Carolina *
5. D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt *

S
1. William Moore, Missouri
2. Taylor Mays, Southern California *
3. Patrick Chung, Oregon
4. Emmanuel Cook, South Carolina *
5. DeAngelo Smith, Cincinnati

At CB...I thought Mike Mickens was the truth...But the OK game he didnt look too good....I think Asher Allen...Alphonso Smith...and Darius Butler are all better...

And we are on 2 totally different pages when it comes to safety! lol

BrabbitMcRabbit
10-06-2008, 06:55 PM
RB
1. Chris Wells, Ohio State *
2. Knowshon Moreno, Georgia **
3. Harvey Unga, Brigham Young **
4. James Davis, Clemson
5. Donald Brown, Connecticut *

1. LeSean McCoy, Pitt
2. Chris Wells, Ohio State
3. Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
4. Stafon Johnson, USC
5. Charles Scott, LSU

Malaka
10-06-2008, 07:04 PM
I lol pretty hard at anyone who has Brian Cushing in their top 5 OLB lists...

What is so bad about Cushing? I have him as the 2nd best OLB other than injuries, he is a good playmaker, a good blitzer, decent speed, and a great tackler...

if you bring up Bobby Carpenter I will crucify you....

Staubach12
10-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Finishing my rankings...

TE:
1. Chase Coffman
2. Brandon Pettigrew
3. Travis Beckum
4. Ryan Purvis
5. Shawn Nelson

OT
1. Andre Smith
2. Michael Oher
3. Jason Smith
4. Eugene Monroe
5. Alex Boone

OG
1. Herman Johnson
2. Duke Robinson
3. Tyronne Green
4. Kraig Urbik
5. Cedric Dockery

C:
1. Alex Mack
2. Jonathan Luigs
3. Brett Helms
4. Max Unger
5. Eric Wood

DE (I put 3-4 OLBs here, too.):
1. Tyson Jackson
2. George Selvie
3. Brian Orakpo
4. Michael Johnson
5. Cody Brown

DT:
1. Evander Hood
2. Terrance Taylor
3. Peria Jerry
4. B.J. Raji
5. Fili Moala

OLB:
1. Brian Cushing
2. Aaron Curry
3. Marcus Freeman
4. Tyrone McKenzie
5. Jonathan Casillas

ILB:
1. Rey Maualuga
2. James Laurinaitis
3. Darry Beckwith
4. Dannell Ellerbe
5. Jason Phillips

CB:
1. DJ Moore
2. Malcolm Jenkins
3. Vontae Davis
4. Darius Butler
5. Alphonso Smith

S:
1. William Moore
2. Rashad Johnson
3. Patrick Chung
4. Michael Hamlin
5. Courtney Greene

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Finishing my rankings...

S:
1. William Moore
2. Rashad Johnson
3. Patrick Chung
4. Michael Hamlin
5. Courtney Greene

Me likes...I like ur safety ratings more than any other I have read...But I dont agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!