PDA

View Full Version : chris wells vs wisconsin

STARHEATHER
10-04-2008, 11:05 PM
wells vs wisconsin

23 total touches
22 run
1 catch

beanie lloked great vs wisconsin. or did he?

broken tackles 2 (both stiff arms of dbs
2 long runs untouched until reached the secondary
down on first contact 21 times

a watching of the contest confirms the problem with wells. he had 0 tackles broken against any front 7 players. two stiff arms of dbs were his only broken tackles for the entire game. made 0 players miss in the entire game. two long runs consisted of one cut and a gaping hole. made 0 players miss a tackle by eluding. lacks speed at the nfl level to get behind nfl defenders. lacks the power to consistently break tackles, in fact he does not break tackles at all. on 7 occasions in the game was brought down one on one by a db. one cut plodders with 0 tackle breaking ability do not make it at the nfl level. there are few gaping holes at the nfl level, and even in those rare instances wells lacks the speed and elusiveness to make nfl defenders pay. his inability to run through or around will end his nfl career in short order. lacks speed to get the corner on the narrower nfl field as he was rarely run outside the tackles. throw in the injury bug and some fumbling problems and what you have is a recipe for disaster at the nfl level. the 160 looks impressive on paper. but the way hes getting his yards is not the way they are obtained at the nfl level. will be physically inferior to nfl defenders. in the nfl yards are tough. there are only two types who have success at the nfl level. freaky juke speed backs, and nfl tackle breakers. the best do both. wells does neither. will not consistently make it through a 16 game schedule as he has not proven to be able to make it through a college season. this train is a one way ticket to bustville.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-04-2008, 11:07 PM
and he got 168 yards, what's your point

keylime_5
10-04-2008, 11:10 PM
he also went down 3 to 5 yards after contact on those plays where he didn't break the tackle. Breaking tackles and getting yards after contact is not an issue with him, I've seen him bull over linebackers and defensive backs (at the goal line even) many times. He runs with power, just because you don't break the tackle every time doesn't mean that you don't punish the tackler or get more yards after the hit. The ONLY way this kid will bust in the NFL is injuries. OSU's offensive line to say the least has had issues this season and if you put chris behind wisconsin's offensive line against OSU's soft defensive front tonight he probably has an even bigger night. And regarding durability, he was hurt all last year and missed ZERO games. He could've played against troy but was held out, and now is playing hurt again and showing no ill effects. Injuries are an issue, but he's not getting injuries as bad and as often as Adrian Peterson did, and his injuries aren't due his running style either so far like AD's were.

GB12
10-04-2008, 11:13 PM
How can you be so wrong about everything?

STARHEATHER
10-04-2008, 11:49 PM
he had a 54 and a 33 thats 87. on his remaining 20 carries he averaged sub 4.0 per carry. and considering he wasnt touched on the long runs, had a defender actually got a hand on him on those two runs, how good would it have been, considering he didnt break any tackles the entire night, and he didnt make anyone miss the entire game. but thanks at least for giving me something to at least go with in rebuttal. i much prefer that to "youre wrong". my issues are this. he doesnt make anyone miss, ever. he doesnt break any tackles. so im assuming you believe that wells is going to be succesful at he nfl level making one cut and falling forward on contact.and hes nowhere near the athlete adrian peterson is, does not have the 4.4 speed, does not have the freaky jukes, nor does he run with anywhere near the violence. its a fair question keylime

keylime_5
10-04-2008, 11:54 PM
he does break tackles and carrier tacklers though. He has his whole career, he is a power runner and one of the hardest backs to tackle in recent history. you make it sound like he can't take contact, that's a stupid notion. I've seen every game that kid has played, saying he doesn't break tackles is like saying LT doesn't score touchdowns - it's just wrong.

GB12
10-04-2008, 11:58 PM
he had a 54 and a 33 thats 87. on his remaining 20 carries he averaged sub 4.0 per carry. Actually he averaged 4.05 on those 20 carries. If you can take out the two longest runs and still average 4 yards per carry that's a damn good RB.

keylime_5
10-05-2008, 12:02 AM
and it was a tough night to run the ball too, usually the holes are bigger and more often for Beanie than against that stingy wisconsin defense that was playing a 4-4 front all night. He still has about 8 ypc in his 3 games this year, and checking most of his games last year including @Michigan and LSU he has enough great runs to prove that this junk about beanie not breaking tackles or running with power and that he only gets his yards on big plays is complete B.S. and totally wrong and stupid. Why don't you start a thread about Stafford having a weak arm or something else stupid?

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 12:04 AM
i didnt say he cant take contact. i said he doesnt break tackles, at least he didnt tonight, his first legit game of he year. i just question whether or not a runner who lacks top end speed, has no jukes, and relies on falling forward for a couple yards in college sometimes when hes contacted with a history of injury problems can be succesful at the nfl level as a first tier nfl tb. id like to hear why you believe this type of back can be succesful in the current nfl, or what back currently playing in the nfl at a high level fits this mold. hes also a non factor in the pass game and has no value added skills.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 12:07 AM
you cant dispute those two long runs he had tonight werent gaping holes, just to add to the above

illmatic74
10-05-2008, 12:17 AM
you cant dispute those two long runs he had tonight werent gaping holes, just to add to the above Just stop this is getting ridiculous. Stop please for betterment of this forum.

Babylon
10-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Just stop this is getting ridiculous. Stop please for betterment of this forum.

It gets strange around here on a saturday night, the rum must be kicking in.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 12:23 AM
were they or were they not gaping holes.

kwilk103
10-05-2008, 12:53 AM
TheIncredibleDraftDude, is that you???

i think he'd make a great de; imagine him and pryor as de!!!!!!! unstoppable!!!!

illmatic74
10-05-2008, 01:33 AM
were they or were they not gaping holes.
Your right. Chris Wells was awful. You can't be in the NFL if you can't juke all the defensive lineman, then spin off all the linebackers and then run over every defensive back on the field. Hell to be in the NFL if you can't get by all 11 defenders by yorself you suck. Great rbs don't need an offensive line hell they don't need a QB they can just pass it to themself. Hell what was he doing wearing and helmet and pads wow he is soft.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 02:04 AM
so i guess its someone elses fault? you cant do it every time surely. but you need to do it sometimes. so i guess hes the type that relies on other players to be great? so if he went to a team with a porous ol or bad qb and hes not good well it was the o lines fault? i dont understand what youre saying. l im saying si a bacvk of that size should be able to break a few tackles and maybe make someone miss on occasion. its going to be tough to be a top nfl back if you dont break some tackles or make some guys miss at the college level. if it doesnt happen at the college level how is that going to happen at the nfl level. lost of guys had 100 yards today. that doesnt really mean anything. i saw two untouched runs and the rest he just went down on contact, maybe he fell forward a few times. but he didnt make anyone miss and he didnt break out of any tackles in his 22 carries. its not difficult to run through a gaping hole. that really doesnt prove much. its whats done when there are no holes that is what makes a back great. and that happens a lot in the nfl. what doesnt happen a lot is what happened on his two long runs. and hes not fast enough to exploit those holes for big gains at the nfl level. and if some nfl player would have been in that hole based on what happened on those other 20 carries he would have gone down maybe fell forward for a few yards. he wouldnt have made them miss with a reaky juke. i assume that every time a back touches the ball in the nflhes going to have to break a tackle or make someone miss in order to get a meaningful gain. gaping holes dont happen much. i watched pitt vs balt last monday, i didnt see one gaping hole. so if youre going to get it done with any consistency youre going to have to do more than run through a gaping hole.

brat316
10-05-2008, 02:13 AM
When teams have bad O-lines no one can do anything not even LT.

So your saying the O-line should play bad and that will show if Wells really is a good back. Damn what ashame he ended up picking OSU, with a decent line.

Brent
10-05-2008, 02:17 AM
TheIncredibleDraftDude, is that you???

i think he'd make a great de; imagine him and pryor as de!!!!!!! unstoppable!!!!
First rounders if they both switch to DE.

illmatic74
10-05-2008, 02:17 AM
so i guess its someone elses fault? you cant do it every time surely. but you need to do it sometimes. so i guess hes the type that relies on other players to be great? so if he went to a team with a porous ol or bad qb and hes not good well it was the o lines fault? i dont understand what youre saying. l im saying si a bacvk of that size should be able to break a few tackles and maybe make someone miss on occasion. its going to be tough to be a top nfl back if you dont break some tackles or make some guys miss at the college level. if it doesnt happen at the college level how is that going to happen at the nfl level. lost of guys had 100 yards today. that doesnt really mean anything. i saw two untouched runs and the rest he just went down on contact, maybe he fell forward a few times. but he didnt make anyone miss and he didnt break out of any tackles in his 22 carries. its not difficult to run through a gaping hole. that really doesnt prove much. its whats done when there are no holes that is what makes a back great. and that happens a lot in the nfl. what doesnt happen a lot is what happened on his two long runs. and hes not fast enough to exploit those holes for big gains at the nfl level. and if some nfl player would have been in that hole based on what happened on those other 20 carries he would have gone down maybe fell forward for a few yards. he wouldnt have made them miss with a reaky juke. i assume that every time a back touches the ball in the nflhes going to have to break a tackle or make someone miss in order to get a meaningful gain. gaping holes dont happen much. i watched pitt vs balt last monday, i didnt see one gaping hole. so if youre going to get it done with any consistency youre going to have to do more than run through a gaping hole.
What NFL do you watch. Because no one can be succesful in your NFL. In the NFL most great runners also have an offensive line just as good. Great runners in the NFL. Show burst through the hole(wells and moreno have that burst) and are able to get usually a yard or two after contact or make people miss for a few more. Great NFL RBS than have a ypc around 4.5 not 100 ypc in your NFL.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 02:23 AM
so the expectation level is lowered? youre using a high pick, paying them millions of guaranteed dollars to an unproven player and just because the ol sux hes not required to perform up to his draft status and all the $ youre paying. that sounds like an excuse, an expensive one. i see it as a great player will cover and make for those deficiencies. if thats the argument, then he got 160 tonight because the ol opened a couple huge holes and they were keying on shutting down tp running and he was just the beneficiary.

brat316
10-05-2008, 02:36 AM
Not even the greatest of running backs can run behind the Oline that sucks. LT can not make Lemonade out of apples. He can try and do his best and get something, but he won't be able to break runs or tackles if there are guys constantly in the holes he has to in or getting in the backfield.

Wells does with what is given to him. They say hit that hole we make for you, whats he going to say Nah...don't make that hole I'll find my own. I don't want to run behind a talented O-line.

O-line is also only half of it, Wells has to be good to. Look what happened when they had lesser backs running behind that same line.

Bruce Banner
10-05-2008, 03:24 AM
If there was ever a person that was the polar opposite of Scott Wright, it's mythbusta.

yourfavestoner
10-05-2008, 04:24 AM
I'm starting to hate this stupid ****.

underscore
10-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Wells is a very good RB.

But for the sake of argument, 4 ypc in college is not good.

Saints-Tigers
10-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Wells is a very good RB.

But for the sake of argument, 4 ypc in college is not good.

Guess it's good that he averages double that.

Race for the Heisman
10-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Gaping holes = good vision? Sometimes when a guy isn't touched its not just a credit to his offensive line, but also to him.

Sniper
10-05-2008, 11:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUIb30leipk

Nice run

Saints-Tigers
10-05-2008, 11:16 AM
He showed great burst there, but when Myth goes over "the tape" that won't be a broken tackle... technically he didn't break it, he just took the guy with him.

No power my ass.

DeathbyStat
10-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Wait were talking about Ron Dayne right?

Sniper
10-05-2008, 11:23 AM
He showed great burst there, but when Myth goes over "the tape" that won't be a broken tackle... technically he didn't break it, he just took the guy with him.

No power my ass.

The tape he got from the coaches, right?

GB12
10-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Nothing you say will or should be taken seriously. You're a worse version of those clowns they put on ESPN. You say a bunch of ridiculous things so that if one of them does come true you can gloat about how right you were when no one else was saying it.

Staubach12
10-05-2008, 12:17 PM
You're right. Chris Wells is horrible. So is Knowshon Moreno. And James Davis. So is Javon Ringer. You know who's really horrible? Matthew Stafford. And Tim Tebow. Not to mention Sam Brandford and Cullen Harper. Michael Crabtree? Bum. Maclin sucks. So do Harvin, Heyward-Bey, Brandon Pettigrew, Travis Beckum, Chase Coffman, and every offensive lineman in this draft. Tyson Jackson, Brian Orakpo, and George Selvie are terrible. Brian Cushing is the worst. Marcus Freeman, too. Aaron Curry is a 7th round talent. Rey Maualuga will be unemployed in 3 years. James Laurinaitis is a bum. Darry Beckwith is just plain bad. Malcolm Jenkins is horrible. Vontae Davis makes me sick. Alphonso Smith is no good. William Moore is terrible. Patrick Chung will be undrafted. Taylor Mays? Don't make me laugh.

Sniper
10-05-2008, 12:19 PM
I can't believe you forgot Fili Moala and Terrance Taylor. No love for the DTs?

robert pancake gallery
10-05-2008, 01:33 PM
moreno will be much better than wells at the next level, wells plays against the big ten.. he wouldn't get half the yards he does in the sec against the sec speed

Sniper
10-05-2008, 01:41 PM
moreno will be much better than wells at the next level, wells plays against the big ten.. he wouldn't get half the yards he does in the sec against the sec speed

I can't actually say what I want about this comment in fear that I will get a moronic infraction and be banned. Let's just say it's not good. That lack of SEC speed sure seemed to hinder Wells against LSU when he went for 20/146/1, including a 65 yard TD.

Race for the Heisman
10-05-2008, 01:47 PM

You = phail. Wells projects better. Moreno and Wells probably have equivalent speed. Wells has no size questions. Moreno's vision is a bit better, but not so much that it is a huge factor. Unless you're being sarcastic.

robert pancake gallery
10-05-2008, 01:47 PM
if he was on lsu or florida i would agree he would be amazing in the nfl, but he went to ohio state and set himself back a few years

Sniper
10-05-2008, 01:49 PM
if he was on lsu or florida i would agree he would be amazing in the nfl, but he went to ohio state and set himself back a few years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnuk4X6tajs

Who's the last good RB to come out of Florida? Has there been anyone good since Emmitt Smith?

robert pancake gallery
10-05-2008, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnuk4X6tajs

Who's the last good RB to come out of Florida? Has there been anyone good since Emmitt Smith?

its not important what school they came from, in the sec everything is collective, darren mcfadden i consider to be one of my own

Sniper
10-05-2008, 01:53 PM
its not important what school they came from, in the sec everything is collective, darren mcfadden i consider to be one of my own

And that's why people think that people from the South are ********. I'm a Michigan fan. Can I lay claim to Orlando Pace?

robert pancake gallery
10-05-2008, 01:55 PM
And that's why people think that people from the South are ********. I'm a Michigan fan. Can I lay claim to Orlando Pace?

bottom line is that the big ten just doesn't have the speed that the SEC has, just look at the last two national championships and usc

Sniper
10-05-2008, 01:57 PM
bottom line is that the big ten just doesn't have the speed that the SEC has, just look at the last two national championships and usc

Um, you do know the SEC is 9-9 in the last 18 against the Big 10? Or do we just ignore the games the Big 10 wins? Don't go pinning a bad rep because Ohio State is a piece of ****. And now you're trying to lay claim to USC too?

PoopSandwich
10-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Miami Hurricanes produce the best pros.

robert pancake gallery
10-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Um, you do know the SEC is 9-9 in the last 18 against the Big 10? Or do we just ignore the games the Big 10 wins? Don't go pinning a bad rep because Ohio State is a piece of ****. And now you're trying to lay claim to USC too?

i do agree ohio state is garbage but aren't they supposed to be the class of your conference? they always win the conference and end up ruining the national championship game when we could be playing against a quality opponent like usc, or how about its two sec teams in the championship game this year

Sniper
10-05-2008, 02:03 PM
how about its two sec teams in the championship game this year

How about no?

Saints-Tigers
10-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Robert Pancake Gallery= joke account

Come on Snipe, I thought you would catch that.

PoopSandwich
Big 10 is terrible and its obvious.

I think what the pancake is trying to say is wells would win heisman 1 or 2 times if he was on a team that is able to win a title.

robert pancake gallery
How about no?

well its certainly not out of the question, since the best two teams in the country are probably from the pool of lsu and florida, georgia, alabama, ole miss... maybe oklahoma could make it but they are from the south too

Sniper
10-05-2008, 02:05 PM
well its certainly not out of the question, since the best two teams in the country are probably from the pool of lsu and florida, georgia, alabama, ole miss... maybe oklahoma could make it but they are from the south too

So now the SEC is trying to lay claim to Oklahoma and USC? SEC folks never cease to amaze me.

Staubach12
10-05-2008, 05:57 PM
I can't believe you forgot Fili Moala and Terrance Taylor. No love for the DTs?

Doesn't matter. They're horrible.

keylime_5
10-05-2008, 06:26 PM

ole miss lost to south carolina and vanderbilt at home you know, not what I would call anything more than decent. I think USC would probably beat any good team they play this year, they always seem to lay an egg versus a bad team a lot though. Oklahoma is the other way around - probably as good as any team but they'd probably lose to any Florida, Georgia, USC, Alabama, or LSU.

P-L
10-05-2008, 06:31 PM
rpg is my favorite poster on this site.

Babylon
10-05-2008, 06:36 PM

Sounds like you're drawing up sides for the civil war. To me the two best teams are the winner of Texas/Oklahoma and USC. I still contend the SEC is a little less powerfull when a Vandy beats an Auburn and the flagbearer, Georgia, gets smoked by Bama.

As for Chris Wells, the way teams seem to be running more and more between the tackles i think his style may be better suited for the pros. I'll take him any day.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 06:41 PM
dvr. its accesible to anyone for a few dollars per month from your local cable or direct tv operator. in watching those two runs, you really believe that he "found' those holes. that they werent huge gaping holes. whether he played in the sec or 1aa it doesnt matter. so again ill say great speed compared to dmac? great power compared to jonathan stewart? i think not. i think youre looking at a far lower level of athlete. and thus hes not worthy of a high pick. add the injury problems to the lower than elite athletic ability, less than elite level tackle breaking ability. and if he had great vision he would have found more than the two gaping holes that happened to be big enough for him to get through. liike big enough to drive a volkswagen through.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 06:51 PM
nobody touched him until that db who he used his classic eltie move the db stiff arm. now this is a nice run. an nfl run. this is how an nfl back gets yardshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPIT99OBIHg

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 06:53 PM
you wont see beanie doi anything like that ever. thats 13th pick. so if he cant do what 13th pick does, hes not worthy of a high selection

georgiafan
10-05-2008, 07:23 PM
I hate OSU as much as the next guy. But Wells has everything you look for in a 1st round back. The only way he isn't a top 15 pick is injuries concerns. He has proven he can run on any team not just the ones in the big 10.

Shane P. Hallam
10-05-2008, 07:45 PM
I really do wonder how those injury issues will play out. I think it forces him down a tad to mid-1st.

Bengals1690
10-05-2008, 09:47 PM
you wont see beanie doi anything like that ever. thats 13th pick. so if he cant do what 13th pick does, hes not worthy of a high selection

it was knowshon or beanie, they would have realized that cutting back would have got them a touchdown, and they wouldnt have had to run over anybody. PLus there was what, 6 guys in the box? Basically, a guy has to run around like an idot, take the wrong hole, and run over a couple of dbs for eleven yards against a nickel defense to be impressive.

Bengals1690
10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Look at this and say he has no power, he consistently finishes of runs. He das an amazing stiff arm. And look how he always makes the right cuts. Look at this and say he never makes any NFL Runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lylP9aeFc7E

sodar21
10-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Nastiest stiff arm I've seen in a while.

jnew76
10-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Nastiest stiff arm I've seen in a while.

Since this one?

http://media.scout.com/media/image/28/284013.jpg

Bengals1690
10-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Since this one?

http://media.scout.com/media/image/28/284013.jpg

i feel bad for that guy.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 10:14 PM
his specialty. the db stiff arm. now go through those youtube highlights, and find me a play where he breaks the tackle of a front 7 player. or eludes anyone with a freaky juke or a spin move. what youll find is a one cut plodder who stiff arms dbs and you call that power. then watch jonathan stewarts run where he breaks 5 tackles on one play. go back through the tape of the wisconisin game and see if he breaks any front7 tackles. nope. goes down on contact every time and never eludes anyone. if you think you can run like that in the nfl and have success, then by all means draft him #1 overall. but youll soon find out about the real beanie wells. no talent underathletic injury prone straight line plodder. and those yards hes get falling forward, take a gander at the jax-pitt game and see if you get a lot of yards "falling forward' against elite nfl defenses. they dont miss, and you rarely push them backwards. just becuase a back is big doesnt mean they run with power. wells runs with no power. unless he can get hi hands on a db, and id like to see him use that stiff arm move pn troy polumalu or bob sanders and se if that would work. he may be a rd 1 pick, but hes going to be a terrible nfl back and a bust. you heard it here first, just remember where, from the mythbusta. hes a myth of ancient greek lore. destined to be dispelled and forgotten except in the columbus area and the city that makes the erro of using a high pick and paying him millions of wasted guarateed dollars. just remember where you heard it first

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 11:42 PM
im still waiting for this highlight reel of him busting tackles. having some troubles finding it? it should be so easy since hes so powerful. im still waiting for one of those freaky jukes hes so famous for

CroomDawgs
10-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Dear god This guy Makes skip Bayless look like Albert Einstein

CroomDawgs
10-06-2008, 10:28 AM
im still waiting for this highlight reel of him busting tackles. having some troubles finding it? it should be so easy since hes so powerful. im still waiting for one of those freaky jukes hes so famous for

You could prolly watch the Michigna game from last year, or his td run agaisnt LSU, jsut to name two

BBIB
10-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Is this post for real?

The guy have 168 yards in a game the defense was keying in on him. A solid run defense I might add.

"Take out his two biggest runs and he only averaged 4 YPC"

What a freaking ridiculous comment.

badgerbacker
10-06-2008, 10:46 AM
im still waiting for this highlight reel of him busting tackles. having some troubles finding it? it should be so easy since hes so powerful. im still waiting for one of those freaky jukes hes so famous forThere was a highlight video posted earlier on this page. Watch it. At 1:45 he breaks multiple tackles without using his stiff arm. There are also a couple runs on there that aren't "straight-line plodder runs" as you claim he is only capable of doing.

But anyway, I don't even want to waste my time with you, so if anybody else wants my opinion of him here it is. I was at the game this weekend and I came away very impressed with Wells. My biggest question mark used to be his speed, but after seeing him in person, I have to admit he has much more speed than I gave him credit for. Obviously he isn't Reggie Bush, but he has above average speed for a RB, which is more than he needs. I'm not sure if I've heard other people say it, but my comparison for him is a slightly better version of Larry Johnson. I think they are similar runners, but Wells is a little more athletic.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-06-2008, 10:51 AM
his specialty. the db stiff arm. now go through those youtube highlights, and find me a play where he breaks the tackle of a front 7 player. or eludes anyone with a freaky juke or a spin move. what youll find is a one cut plodder who stiff arms dbs and you call that power. then watch jonathan stewarts run where he breaks 5 tackles on one play. go back through the tape of the wisconisin game and see if he breaks any front7 tackles. nope. goes down on contact every time and never eludes anyone. if you think you can run like that in the nfl and have success, then by all means draft him #1 overall. but youll soon find out about the real beanie wells. no talent underathletic injury prone straight line plodder. and those yards hes get falling forward, take a gander at the jax-pitt game and see if you get a lot of yards "falling forward' against elite nfl defenses. they dont miss, and you rarely push them backwards. just becuase a back is big doesnt mean they run with power. wells runs with no power. unless he can get hi hands on a db, and id like to see him use that stiff arm move pn troy polumalu or bob sanders and se if that would work. he may be a rd 1 pick, but hes going to be a terrible nfl back and a bust. you heard it here first, just remember where, from the mythbusta. hes a myth of ancient greek lore. destined to be dispelled and forgotten except in the columbus area and the city that makes the erro of using a high pick and paying him millions of wasted guarateed dollars. just remember where you heard it first

Honestly, shut the hell up. Your act has gotten incredibly boring, and it's plainly obvious you're just trolling at this point. Your Mauluga thread raised legitimate concerns, but this and the Moreno thread just prove how misinformed you truly are. Seriously, GTFO, we don't want you here.

hobbes2053
10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueq5ZLYQzlM

This is the highlight tape from OSU v MSU last year. Look at 2:16 and 2:28 for example. Mythbusta you are ridiculous and redundant. I agree with Cutler in saying GTFO. You have no valid points about any player and only quote worthless stats to sound intelligent. You're not fooling anyone. Staubach, you're right, all those players are garbage. I don't know how any team is successful this year.

Saints-Tigers
10-06-2008, 12:29 PM
So he uses his burst to get past front 7 guys, and his power to dish out punishment on DB's... and that is a bad thing?

The more I see of Beanie, I realize he isn't a burner downfield, but he has exceptional burst to and through the hole, and gets to the second level quickly.

Race for the Heisman
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Spin move in the backfield vs Michigan as a freshman too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6x7Vax2RMA&feature=related

Big Bird
10-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Man, this all seems so familiar...

*Flashback*

O yea, that's right. He got banned on another forum for the same exact things!

Sniper
10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Spin move in the backfield vs Michigan as a freshman too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6x7Vax2RMA&feature=related

I hate you with the burning passion of a million suns.

Saints-Tigers
10-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Suns are passionate?

Race for the Heisman
10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I hate you with the burning passion of a million suns.

Sorry, it's just that it was that moment when I was convinced for the first time that he was special. Sorry (or not) to keep going on the same line, but this picture from the same run (I think) is my favorite Beanie photo:

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/images/admin/beaniewells.jpg

Sniper
10-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Suns are passionate?

Meant "the fire". Whoopsies.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry, it's just that it was that moment when I was convinced for the first time that he was special. Sorry (or not) to keep going on the same line, but this picture from the same run (I think) is my favorite Beanie photo:

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/images/admin/beaniewells.jpg

That is the ugliest ******* picture I've ever seen

TonyRomoFan9
10-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Chris Wells played pretty good but I really don't know how to judge his performance yet because Wisconsin lost to Michigan and we all know how bad they are.

keylime_5
10-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Chris Wells played pretty good but I really don't know how to judge his performance yet because Wisconsin lost to Michigan and we all know how bad they are.

wisconsin is usually crap on the road. Bielema never lost at home until saturday.

TonyRomoFan9
10-06-2008, 10:06 PM
wisconsin is usually crap on the road. Bielema never lost at home until saturday.

Didnt know that, still would like to see ab it more of Wisconsin before I judge Wells on that, the Big 10 just doesn't impress me very much in big games.

keylime_5
10-06-2008, 10:08 PM
he didn't do too bad against LSU either eh? Like 7 or 8 ypc and I can't remember the number but it was somewhere between 120 and 160 yards. They had Glenn Dorsey, RJ Francois, Ty Jackson, Kirston Pittman, Ali Highsmith, Darry Beckwith in the front seven.

TonyRomoFan9
10-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah Wells is a great running back i'm just saying i would rather judge him against a different team :)

HUGH!
10-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Wells is great. He is easily the best prospect coming out this year.

hobbes2053
10-06-2008, 10:30 PM

RB prospect? Not the best player in the entire draft..?

Where did mythbusta and his blls**t nonsense go?

Staubach12
10-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Suns are passionate?

http://blog.kir.com/archives/images/steve%20nash.jpg

Saints-Tigers
10-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Whining=passion

CashmoneyDrew
10-06-2008, 11:51 PM
RB prospect? Not the best player in the entire draft..?

Where did mythbusta and his blls**t nonsense go?

Hopefully to the **** hole he crawled out of.

eaglesalltheway
10-07-2008, 06:53 AM
he didn't do too bad against LSU either eh? Like 7 or 8 ypc and I can't remember the number but it was somewhere between 120 and 160 yards. They had Glenn Dorsey, RJ Francois, Ty Jackson, Kirston Pittman, Ali Highsmith, Darry Beckwith in the front seven.

it was 149 yards, I don't know how I know that.

Mr. Stiller
10-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Actually he averaged 4.05 on those 20 carries. If you can take out the two longest runs and still average 4 yards per carry that's a damn good RB.

And when I'm judging talent, I always throw out #'s in my equations so I can look right to.

Beanies Passer rating is Terrible, it's like.. 0%.. Sheesh the kid is DND- DO NOT DRAFT.

Sniper
10-07-2008, 09:02 AM
it was 149 yards, I don't know how I know that.

20 carries, 146 yards, 1 TD.

eaglesalltheway
10-07-2008, 09:10 AM
20 carries, 146 yards, 1 TD.

I remember seeing it on OSU's site that he had 149 yards. I could swear that is what it was.

keylime_5
10-07-2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-0mlHNP5u8

there ya go mythbusta, count the broken tackles and stiffarms on that one.

CroomDawgs
10-08-2008, 12:55 AM

Uhhh, no he's not. I do believe he's the top RB prospect with his combo of speed and power, but his injury history alone is gonna throw up a flag. Look at Adrian Peterson. Fell to 7th cuz of injury history despite him without a doubt being the top player in the draft. Also being from the south I don't see a lot of OSU games but doesn't he have a fumbling problem as well?

On a side note, i've read his posts closer and mythabusta is without a doubt the biggest ego-maniac here.

"Remember where you heard it first"
"I prophecized this coming"
"I Knew it would happen all along"

Prolly obvious but just wanted to throw my two cents in

eaglesalltheway
10-08-2008, 06:28 AM
On a side note, i've read his posts closer and mythabusta is without a doubt the biggest ego-maniac here.

You forgot the most important one.

"Remember where you heard it first, the mythbusta."

I'm sorry but I think people who talk like that (referring to themselves in the third person) are tools.

Oh yeah, his "game film" that he watches are gmaes that he has Tivo'd. Honestly, telecasts are not the film you judge a prospect with even the most basic draft follower knows that.

Sniper
10-08-2008, 07:45 AM
You forgot the most important one.

"Remember where you heard it first, the mythbusta."

I'm sorry but I think people who talk like that (referring to themselves in the third person) are tools.

Exhibit A: THE Ohio State University. Congrats. They have the stalwarts known as Ohio U, Kent State, Youngstown State etc... to beat. Plus, it's Ohio. Who gives a **** about Ohio?

Bengals1690
10-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Uhhh, no he's not. I do believe he's the top RB prospect with his combo of speed and power, but his injury history alone is gonna throw up a flag. Look at Adrian Peterson. Fell to 7th cuz of injury history despite him without a doubt being the top player in the draft. Also being from the south I don't see a lot of OSU games but doesn't he have a fumbling problem as well?

he fumbleed a lot as a fresh, but hes fixed the probem

keylime_5
10-08-2008, 09:20 AM
doesnt have a fumblin "problem" but he doesn't not fumble like mike hart or joseph addai either. fumbling can be fixed if he did have a problem...see Barber, Tiki.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-08-2008, 10:28 AM
He might be running through wide open holes, yes. But you can't just say "oh he's running through open holes" because that doesn't tell the whole story. His offensive line makes the holes, yes. But pretty much every O-Line does, to an extent. Chris Wells finds the holes before they close, and uses his exceptional burst to blow right through it.

Let's look at the video. The hole closed up very quickly. But, he found a cutback lane(which was decently covered), and exploded through it. That is an NFL run.

CroomDawgs
10-08-2008, 10:36 AM
doesnt have a fumblin "problem" but he doesn't not fumble like mike hart or joseph addai either. fumbling can be fixed if he did have a problem...see Barber, Tiki.

K thanks I know he did Frosh year but besides the big games I don't watch Ohio State that much so just wanted to know thanks.

Cribbs>Hester
10-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Chris Wells has the potential to be an all world back. He has the ability to lower the boom, drag defenders, stiff arm them, or flat run them over on every play; however, he loses focus or drive to do so too often. It's like he has brain farts every now and then and forgets that he is 235 pounds and instead thinks he is a scat back. If a coaching staff can light a fire under his a$$ and make him perform like a 235 pound man on a regular basis then NFL defenses are in for a world of hurt. My big concern right now is the fact that he doesn't always run hard like a big back should, so I'd still be waving my red flag if I were picking in the Top 10.

STARHEATHER
10-09-2008, 11:20 PM
i dont thionk he can do all those things. i only came back to this for you cribbs. just watch how he gets his yards. either gaping hole or short gain. he never breaks tackles. just watch thext time they play on every good gain no one touches him. i dont think hes going to be able to turn that on at the nfllevel. if you cant break college tackles. you cant break nfl tackles. just watch his next game and how he gets all his yards. gaping holes

iBoldin
10-09-2008, 11:27 PM
i dont thionk he can do all those things. i only came back to this for you cribbs. just watch how he gets his yards. either gaping hole or short gain. he never breaks tackles. just watch thext time they play on every good gain no one touches him. i dont think hes going to be able to turn that on at the nfllevel. if you cant break college tackles. you cant break nfl tackles. just watch his next game and how he gets all his yards. gaping holes

You've been shown five or six "tapes" telling you other wise. You just "refute" coming up with the same ******** that you've been spewing the past five pages. You, quite simply, have the mind of a 68 year old man who refuses to give his seat up on the bus. A stubborn man.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 07:16 AM
You've been shown five or six "tapes" telling you other wise. You just "refute" coming up with the same ******** that you've been spewing the past five pages. You, quite simply, have the mind of a 68 year old man who refuses to give his seat up on the bus. A stubborn man.

I would have gone with screaming 4 year old in a supermarket who wants his candy, but your analogy works just as well. I don't think ... nevermind, I could potentially get infracted for what I was about to say.