PDA

View Full Version : #1 Overall Pick...

kalbears13
10-05-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm in an Argument/Advocacy class and I have to state a claim of fact. I'm thinking about doing "________ is going to be the #1 overall pick in the draft." So right now, who do you think is going to be going #1 overall? (Think about team needs too)

BamaFalcon59
10-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Matt Stafford to the Chiefs has a better chance than any other player-team combination I think.

keylime_5
10-05-2008, 06:56 PM
whether it be Detroit, St.Louis, or Kansas city at #1 overall they'd all be wise to take Stafford if he declares. If he doesn't I'd go with Oher or Monroe or maybe even Andre Smith who can play LT, RT, or OG.

Malaka
10-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I think it will be Michael Oher to the Rams.

Or

Michael Oher to Detroit

Young Legend
10-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Oher or Monroe to the Lions or Rams.

bspen4
10-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Sam Bradford or Matt Stafford to the Chiefs.

BamaFalcon59
10-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Oh, and if you are making an arguement then go with the QB. Has the most date to back it up.

Smokey Joe
10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Mark Sanchez to Detroit. Someone quote this cause this is gonna happen.

bearsfan_51
10-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Is this High School? If not..errmm..maybe think of a different project.

princefielder28
10-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Matthew Stafford to Detroit

NIN1984
10-05-2008, 07:56 PM
1. St. Louis Rams - Michael Oher, OT - Ole Miss

Brent
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
yeah exactly.

kalbears13
10-05-2008, 09:33 PM

Someone last year did "West Virginia is going to win the National Championship in 2008" and the teacher liked it.

I might do "The Beatles are the best band of all time" now...but it's still up in the air.

This topic is still worth talking about though.

Shane P. Hallam
10-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Someone last year did "West Virginia is going to win the National Championship in 2008" and the teacher liked it.

I might do "The Beatles are the best band of all time" now...but it's still up in the air.

This topic is still worth talking about though.

Stafford is your best bet at this point. Or just stick with an O-lineman as any of the winless teams could go O-line.

HUGH!
10-05-2008, 10:09 PM
I see the Rams getting the first round pick. Bulger is getting old so they will probably get Tim Tebow first overall if he comes out. A dual threat QB would fit there offense well. He also is a heisman trophy winner and they all turn out good.

SEC Speed+Heisman+National Title= amazing player. But mostly SEC speed.

d34ng3l021
10-05-2008, 10:44 PM
I see the Rams getting the first round pick. Bulger is getting old so they will probably get Tim Tebow first overall if he comes out. A dual threat QB would fit there offense well. He also is a heisman trophy winner and they all turn out good.

Not really?

Buckrock101
10-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Matt Stafford to the Chiefs has a better chance than any other player-team combination I think.

A QB needs to be accurate, make good decisions, and read a defense to go #1. Stafford doesn't fit into that category. It would be the biggest reach in a long time if he did.

Michael Oher/Andre Smith/George Selvie go #1 I feel. Oher/Smith to the Rams, or Selvie to the Lions.

kalbears13
10-07-2008, 10:50 PM
How about who wins the Heisman?

hobbes2053
10-07-2008, 11:36 PM
How about who wins the Heisman?

You would probably be be better suited with this question as there are less variables to play with (which team picks first, team needs, who declares, etc.) At least with this question, you know is and isn't available/in the running, whereas with the former, you have no idea. I vote heisman question.

thebow305
10-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Mark Sanchez to Detroit. Someone quote this cause this is gonna happen.

Very good chance. Or Mark Sanchez to Kansas City. Either way, I like Sanchez better than Stafford overall. I'm not drinkining the Stafford kool-aid yet, but whenever I make a mock with Sanchez over him I get obliterated, so I avoid it. But I do agree with you big time!

terribletowel39
10-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Very good chance. Or Mark Sanchez to Kansas City. Either way, I like Sanchez better than Stafford overall. I'm not drinkining the Stafford kool-aid yet, but whenever I make a mock with Sanchez over him I get obliterated, so I avoid it. But I do agree with you big time!

this is off topic, but does anyone think there is a DB in the NFL that could have taken that hit from Brown and tackled him??

just sat and watched that clip for about 5 minutes. ridiculous.

D-Unit
10-07-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm willing to bet the #1 overall pick will be anyone except Stafford.

djp
10-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Call me crazy but I think Bradford, if he chooses to come out, is going to be the #1 pick.

He is going to wow alot of teams with his interviews and his size is ideal. Plus, he is such a cerebral quarterback and I think the way he runs the hurry up offense is going to influence teams even more. If Matt Ryan continues to be successful, you are going to see his stock rise more than it normally would.

Stafford has the cannon, but he's really raw.

Sanchez is a wild card, depends on how he plays the rest of the year. He has the tendency, in the limited action that I've seen him, to force the ball more than he should.

djp
10-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Just an add-on to that.

I don't think Oher is going to be the #1 pick, and I don't think Eugene Monroe has played well enough to garner that either.

MidwayMonster31
10-08-2008, 12:37 AM
I think that Andre Smith is a dark horse for the #1 pick. Even though I still think Oher is the better player, Smith has been having a better season.
If Alabama gets into a BCS post-season exhibition match, then he will get his shot on the national stage. If he plays great and does everything right at the combine, whoever has the pick could fall in love with his upside and take him #1 overall.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-08-2008, 12:43 AM
I do think that of the potential offensive linemen that could challenge, Andre Smith is having the best season. I think of the potential quarterbacks that could challenge, Sanchez is the most likely to garner that first spot.

I don't reasonably think that there's another position out there, although maybe Sen'Derrick Marks could push his way up with a few great games from here on out. My call is Smith right now because I'm not sold Sanchez will come out.

giantsfan
10-08-2008, 12:44 AM

Tim Tebow + Al Saunders playbook = roflmfao oh god you're serious. I love Tebow but he's lucky that he got taught at a young age how to tie his shoes because I don't know if he has enough brain cells to learn that anymore. Seriously Tebow lacks the ability to learn a 700 page playbook even if you give him 2 to just sit and memorize it.

CroomDawgs
10-08-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm goin with the Lambs Picking First and Taking Michael Oher. Pace isn't his old self and Barron has been avergae at best. Look at the Dolphins last year the building block of a team is the offensive line and you need a premier LT. Oher i feel is the best available although Eugene Monroe or Andre Smith could easily go first too.

BuddyCHRIST
10-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Rams picking first and taking Oher

PossumBoy9
10-08-2008, 12:33 PM
1. Detroit- Matthew Stafford QB Georgia

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
1. Detroit- Matthew Stafford QB Georgia

Can't rule out Crabtree here if were talking about the Lions :D

Babylon
10-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Tim Tebow + Al Saunders playbook = roflmfao oh god you're serious. I love Tebow but he's lucky that he got taught at a young age how to tie his shoes because I don't know if he has enough brain cells to learn that anymore. Seriously Tebow lacks the ability to learn a 700 page playbook even if you give him 2 to just sit and memorize it.

Hollywood Henderson said Terry Bradshaw couldnt spell cat if you gave him the c and the a......How did Bradshaw turn out?

wicket
10-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I still have hopes that one team will go winless so I think that I have to side with the rams although the lions are strong contenders as well. This gives me the problem that there is no qb that i like enough to go first overall for a team that doesnt need one badly. So I'm gonna say they look offensive tackle. Mainly because I dont see any defensive linemen worthy of going first overall at the moment.

Bruce Banner
10-08-2008, 04:10 PM
How did Bradshaw turn out?

TD-INT
212-210
Not that great.

RedLionAle
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
At this point I'd say Michael Oher, either to the Rams or the Lions, depending on who can do a better job of not doing a better job.

Babylon
10-08-2008, 04:15 PM
TD-INT
212-210
Not that great.

4 superbowls won and inducted into the HOF.

Bruce Banner
10-08-2008, 04:18 PM
4 superbowls won and inducted into the HOF.

How soon we forget about the rest of his team, which was the main reason for those SBs.

Babylon
10-08-2008, 04:21 PM
How soon we forget about the rest of his team, which was the main reason for those SBs.

I'm actually old enough to remember that team quite well, he wouldnt have won any of those superbowls without those guys and vice versa.

Bruce Banner
10-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm actually old enough to remember that team quite well, he wouldnt have won any of those superbowls without those guys and vice versa.

We're at an impasse. Carry on.

Babylon
10-08-2008, 04:25 PM
We're at an impasse. Carry on.

Every time i hear or see Bradshaw i think of that movie he was in where his ass was hanging out, my wife had the classic line "i didnt need to see that".

BBIB
10-08-2008, 04:35 PM
At this point I'd say Michael Oher, either to the Rams or the Lions, depending on who can do a better job of not doing a better job.

Michael Oher/Andre Smith to the Rams/Lions.

I think the success the Dolphins will have this year with Jake Long will make OT a even more popular pick #1 overall this year.

WCH
10-08-2008, 05:59 PM
The Lions will be picking first, barring some miracle on Ford Field.

The Lions will most likely do what they do, and screw up the draft pick. So, find the player who is most likely to be a complete bust, and go with that guy.

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Maybe the mircale will be that they'll finally hti on a top pick that's not a wideout

PossumBoy9
10-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Can't rule out Crabtree here if were talking about the Lions :D

Is Millen back? :)

kalbears13
05-28-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm willing to bet the #1 overall pick will be anyone except Stafford.

I was looking at my old threads and I lol'd at this. :D

That is all.