PDA

View Full Version : Game 5: Denver 16 - Tampa Bay 13

CT Bronco Fan
10-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Was a great game. Wasn't very pretty on the offensive side of the ball, but the defense really played well today.

Pretty happy with the win today, Broncos are now 4 - 1. How did you guys feel about this game?

Current thoughts :

Running game really needs a kick start, Pittman should be our featured back, it seems every time he touches the ball good things happen.

I've never really been sold on Andre Hall. Seems all he did today was cause penalties. ( even though that chop block was iffy )

Hopefully Royal is ok.

Spencer Larsen is a beast, he filled in great for Hillis, it's amazing that we had no FB worth a damn last year, and now it seems we have two, and rookies as well.

Dumervil finally got his first sack of the year, hopefully he can get more in the games to come.

Also should be noted that Crowder and Moss were both inactive for this game. I really wish we traded up for Willis.

Cunningham
10-06-2008, 12:07 AM
good win for us, definitely the most complete game we've played so far this season. the defense played better but by no means did they play great. tampa could effectively run the ball at will against us. on the postive side, we did get some legitimate pressure for the first time this year. here's a few quick thoughts....

-marquand manuel is ******* ****. we need to seriously address the safety position this offseason instead of applying a band-aid to it like in years past. drafting william moore in the first or kam chanchellor in the second would make me a happy man.

-i know it's still relatively early to judge these types of things but i got to thinking of how well our draft class of two years ago turned out. this includes cutler, scheffler, marshall, dumervil, and kuper. combine that with this years draft class and we have a strong foundation for years to come. you have to give shanny and company a lot of credit for their drafting in recent years.

-matt prater has really been a pleasant surprise. his leg is as strong as elams was in his prime and he's had the accuracy to go along with it, so far. he also had quite a few touchbacks today which is great to see considering how much our coverage team sucks.

Bruce Banner
10-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Running game really needs a kick start, Pittman should be our featured back, it seems every time he touches the ball good things happen.

Trust me. This is completely true.

The ultimate team player.

I remember it was either last year or two years ago when our FB went down, Pittman volunteered himself for the job. The very next game, RB sized Pittman was out there throwing blocks at linebackers. I'll never forget that.