PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion..

Buc Baller12
10-06-2008, 01:36 AM
which QB going into the 09 draft would be the perfect fit for the west coast offense style of play?

giantsfan
10-06-2008, 01:37 AM
If you were patient about teaching him Tim Tebow could be dominant in the West Coast Offense.

Buckrock101
10-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Joe Ganz, Nebraska. My top senior QB, he is great on the rollout, smart, accurate, and great on the short throws. He's perfect for the WCO.

Mr. Stiller
10-06-2008, 01:41 AM
I haven't gotten a chance to watch him this year but from his 2007 Playing time I believe Hunter Cantwell might make a solid one.

This QB Class is putrid.

Buc Baller12
10-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Sam Bradford?

Jericho@SC
10-06-2008, 02:27 AM
If you were patient about teaching him Tim Tebow could be dominant in the West Coast Offense.

Are you serious? Tebow is the last guy I would want running a pass-first offense.

giantsfan
10-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Are you serious? Tebow is the last guy I would want running a pass-first offense.

The WCO really is his best fit if you sit him for a year or two and work on his release and pocket presence while slowly feeding him the playbook. Let him move around, make short quick throws so his slower release isn't as big of a problem and he'll be strong in the pocket also once you've worked with him.

Turtlepower
10-06-2008, 02:33 AM
Nate Davis from Ball State probably won't come out this year, but he would be nice in a WCO.

thule
10-06-2008, 02:36 AM
A guy who I think people seem to underrate around here is Rudy Carpenter...now I know that his accuracy is his big knock right now. But maybe I have a different WCO qb in my mind...but he throws an extremely tight spiral with great rotational speed. He has a winner mindset and is mobile enough in the pocket to move around and get a throw off. I love Rudy more than most...but I think if you take away his 20+ yard throws his accuracy rating would be much more WCO friendly. A bit of a darkhorse here...so don't get on me saying someone is better...just throwing a name out that isn't getting a lot of hype.

Turtlepower
10-06-2008, 02:44 AM
A guy who I think people seem to underrate around here is Rudy Carpenter...now I know that his accuracy is his big knock right now. But maybe I have a different WCO qb in my mind...but he throws an extremely tight spiral with great rotational speed. He has a winner mindset and is mobile enough in the pocket to move around and get a throw off. I love Rudy more than most...but I think if you take away his 20+ yard throws his accuracy rating would be much more WCO friendly. A bit of a darkhorse here...so don't get on me saying someone is better...just throwing a name out that isn't getting a lot of hype.

Rudy is actually a great choice. Sadly, his ability is somewhat limited due to him constantly being on his back. He does hold the ball a little too long sometimes, but he would be a great fit in a WCO that requires a lot of short, quick routes. I think that Rudy will excel really well at the Senior Bowl this year.

thule
10-06-2008, 02:56 AM
Rudy is actually a great choice. Sadly, his ability is somewhat limited due to him constantly being on his back. He does hold the ball a little too long sometimes, but he would be a great fit in a WCO that requires a lot of short, quick routes. I think that Rudy will excel really well at the Senior Bowl this year.

He is my favorite QB in the class....(no not best) but definately favorite. He has that winners grit that you just can't teach. Nice to see that a ASU fan can back up my statements. It'll be really fun to watch him surrounded by talent at the senior bowl tho I agree.