PDA

View Full Version : D.J. Moore (CB Vandy)

VandyTitans
10-06-2008, 05:43 AM
Kid is the best CB in the SEC (>> than Munnerlyn and > than Lindley) yet he is not in the rankings? He is a true junior and has been incredible since he got to Nashville and suited up in the Black and Gold. The Spartanburg, SC native was the Prep Athlete of the Year his senior year of HS in SC and has been utilized as a receiver, running back, punt and kick returner, and a DB in his time at Vandy. We wanted Vontae Davis bad when he was coming out of HS but we're all glad we got DJ instead. #17 is the truth. Flat Gillig says hello.

Ozzy
10-06-2008, 07:17 AM
He is in my rankings, that is all that matters...haha

Totally agree, the kid is a player and a wonderful athlete. Quite the prospect...

Staubach12
10-06-2008, 07:38 AM
He's my top corner, so I really like him. I have my doubts as to whether he'll declare, though.

rockio42
10-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Hes my number two corner behind Jenkins (I hate it when I like Ohio St. guys) and I think hell declare if he keeps up his great junior season

hobbes2053
10-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Personally, I haven't seen a whole lot on him, but what I did see from the Auburn game was legit. I don't want to be like Myth and say he's the lone spawn of God himself after only seeing one game though..

CashmoneyDrew
10-06-2008, 03:55 PM
I would love love love for the Titans to draft him and pair him with Finnegan since Vontae Davis and Malcolm Jenkins will probably be out of reach.

Turtlepower
10-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Moore is just a notch below Jenkins, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Moore just explode at the senior bowl.

princefielder28
10-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Hes my number two corner behind Jenkins (I hate it when I like Ohio St. guys) and I think hell declare if he keeps up his great junior season

agree, #2 CB

CashmoneyDrew
10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Moore is just a notch below Jenkins, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Moore just explode at the senior bowl.

Moore is a junior.

Turtlepower
10-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Moore is a junior.

Seriously, I was convinced that he was a senior. In that case, I think there is a strong chance that he finishes his degree at Vandy. Usually the top academic institutions keep their players all four years.

SuperKevin
10-06-2008, 04:54 PM
My top 5 draft eligible CBs are Jenkins, Alphonso Smith, Darius Butler, DJ Moore, Vontae Davis

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Great player, but I think he stays in college one more year.

TitanHope
10-07-2008, 02:22 AM
What sets D.J. apart from Jenkins and Davis is his returning ability. I know he was leading the NCAA in PR yards heading into the Auburn game. In the Vandy/S. Carolina game, I remember watching Moore compared to Munnerlyn, who was considered to be the best CB in the SEC, and Moore was by far my favorite (Munnerlyn's lack of poise didn't exactly help though).

I'm very much hoping that he declares so that the Titans can nab him - he'd be the perfect player to handle returns and eventually take over for Harper. I love me some Eric King, but I think he can thrive at NB like Finny did before him and still fill in on the outside when needed.

The one thing that'd worry me is if his returning ability will make him a higher commodity than Jenkins or Davis. PacMan Jones was taken before Antrel Rolle and Carlos Rodgers, despite his character issues, because of his returning ability. Revis was taken before Leon Hall, and Revis was a returner. And after Devin Hester's impact on the Bears ST's, a returner is not just someone to take in later rounds in hopes of developing.

SuperKevin
10-07-2008, 05:12 AM
I'll probably get blasted for this but I have serious questions about DJ Moore's speed and endurance. Early in the season I saw a few times where he broke long PRs only to be chased down from behind and tackled inside the 5

TitanHope
10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
It's that big, sexy brain of his slowing him down. It happens to smart people. That's why nerds are so easy to mess with, and jocks are so good at sports.

It's science, really.

CashmoneyDrew
10-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Seriously, I was convinced that he was a senior. In that case, I think there is a strong chance that he finishes his degree at Vandy. Usually the top academic institutions keep their players all four years.

Vandy's lost quite a few Juniors in the past few year's.

VandyTitans
10-08-2008, 02:35 AM
Yeah D.J. has failed to get the TD on a couple of his long returns but one vs Miami-OH that you probably saw was because our other stud CB (Myron Lewis #5) quit blocking. I am pretty sure he still leads the nation in punt return average right now, at least he did heading into the Auburn game last Saturday.

Those questioning his durability must not realize that we originally planned on using him on about 40% of our offensive snaps. He was going to be a two way player this year, our coaches thought he was capable of doing that. He only carried the ball two times (for 37 yards) but he was used as a decoy on a number of plays. He's gotten banged up and continued to play through a bit of soreness (nothing serious), at the same time we've had young guys step up on the offensive side of the ball and assume the role D.J. was being asked to fill prior to getting banged up. Things are great in Nashville. Titans and Dores baby! Game Day and the Presidential Debate in a span of five days...with Old Crow Medicine Show and The Black Keys also playing concerts within days....yeah!!!!!

Oh and I didn't realize the rankings only listed seniors, I just assumed it was draft eligible guys. I failed.