PDA

View Full Version : Brian Westbrook Has Fractured Ribs

Sniper
10-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Just heard it on WIP. Season's over for the Eagles (not that it wasn't already)

**** my life.

throwback54milkman
10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
hes made of glass

bigbluedefense
10-06-2008, 12:22 PM
well....that...changes things...

Turtlepower
10-06-2008, 12:27 PM
well....that...changes things...

Wow, the new sig makes you so unrecognizable. Time for BBD to strike incognito.

bigbluedefense
10-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Im a big Buckhalter fan though, so who knows. This team has talent. Talent isn't the reason why the Eagles are losing.

The Eagles are just a team that doesn't know how to finish games. They have been for awhile. Some of it is McNabb, some of it is Reid, some of it is bad luck. But its been a recurring problem.

bigbluedefense
10-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Wow, the new sig makes you so unrecognizable. Time for BBD to strike incognito.

haha, it was time for a new sig :)

and who better to put on it than our boy, Ogre.

bearsfan_51
10-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Goodbye fantasy football season. :(

Xiomera
10-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Goodbye fantasy football season. :(

Tom Brady says 'Hi' from my Injured Reserved list.

bearsfan_51
10-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Brian Westbrook > Tom Brady in a PPR league. It's not even close.

Xiomera
10-06-2008, 12:36 PM

That is debatable considering that Brady is coming off one of the Top 5 Fantasy Seasons of any player at any position.

I'll call it a wash.

bigbluedefense

you can still trade for Stephen Jackson. buy him while his price is still low...

Sniper
Im a big Buckhalter fan though, so who knows. This team has talent. Talent isn't the reason why the Eagles are losing.

You are correct. Poor playcalling on both sides of the ball have doomed the Eagles. The offense should not revolve around 5 yard hitch routes to Greg Lewis. Nor should Greg Lewis ever play. Or perhaps an OL who can block on the goal line would be great, although they are missing Shawn Andrews.

On defense, the Eagles are good and bad. When they're aggressive and constantly blitzing (Rams, Steelers) they get sacks, takeaways, and eventually wins as well. When they rush four and drop seven into a Charmin soft zone, they get sliced and diced, and eventually they lose (Cowboys, Bears, Redskins)

The Eagles are just a team that doesn't know how to finish games. They have been for awhile. Some of it is McNabb, some of it is Reid, some of it is bad luck. But its been a recurring problem.

I'd say most of it is Reid. When the play calls for a flare pass into the flat on 4th and 17, there's not much McNabb can do about it.

Sniper

I feel your pain. #7 overall.

bigbluedefense
10-06-2008, 12:37 PM
You are correct. Poor playcalling on both sides of the ball have doomed the Eagles. The offense should not revolve around 5 yard hitch routes to Greg Lewis. Nor should Greg Lewis ever play. Or perhaps an OL who can block on the goal line would be great, although they are missing Shawn Andrews.

On defense, the Eagles are good and bad. When they're aggressive and constantly blitzing (Rams, Steelers) they get sacks, takeaways, and eventually wins as well. When they rush four and drop seven into a Charmin soft zone, they get sliced and diced, and eventually they lose (Cowboys, Bears, Redskins)

I'd say most of it is Reid. When the play calls for a flare pass into the flat on 4th and 17, there's not much McNabb can do about it.

ive said it before, and ill say it again: Andy Reid is the reason why the Eagles have been consistently great. He is also the reason why the Eagles will never win a SB as long as he's their HC.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I feel your pain. #7 overall.

4th overall. I also have Colston, Willie Parker, Ryan Grant and the Chargers defense.

SuperKevin
10-06-2008, 01:28 PM
I have yet to see confirmation that his "season" is over.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
I have yet to see confirmation that his "season" is over.

No no no. The Eagles' season is over with a 50% Westbrook.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 01:37 PM
4th overall. I also have Colston, Willie Parker, Ryan Grant and the Chargers defense.
wow that was a sucky draft

Vikes99ej
10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
This hurts me as a Westbrook owner.

iowatreat54
10-06-2008, 01:45 PM
so is he going to miss any games or will it limit his action?

awfullyquiet
10-06-2008, 01:46 PM
so is he going to miss any games or will it limit his action?

cross fingers for the latter

abaddon41_80
10-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I find it hard to believe that he will even play with fractured ribs

iowatreat54
10-06-2008, 01:48 PM
cross fingers for the latter

nay, the former because the guy in my league has Westbrook and LT, and I face him in like 2 weeks

awfullyquiet
10-06-2008, 01:51 PM
nay, the former because the guy in my league has Westbrook and LT, and I face him in like 2 weeks

HOW THE HELL?

iowatreat54
10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
HOW THE HELL?

traded Cutler and McGahee for Pennington and Westbrook after Cutler's God-like performances weeks 1-2, don't ask me how or why it worked

awfullyquiet
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
traded Cutler and McGahee for Pennington and Westbrook after Cutler's God-like performances weeks 1-2, don't ask me how or why it worked

that's why god invented the veto button

iowatreat54
10-06-2008, 02:05 PM
that's why god invented the veto button

yes but I don't have the power or influence over people not paying attention, I'm only one man

and upon further review, I hope he plays this week, realizes he can't, then hangs it up by week 8, because half my team is on bye when I face him that week

Bruce Banner
10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Change this thread title to "Westbrook fantasy owners mourn loss".

The Great Jonathan Vilma
10-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Change this thread title to "Westbrook fantasy owners mourn loss".

Ya pretty brutal. Sad when fantasy takes over the standard NFL thread.

How long is he expected to be out for? I see they are mentioning the possibility that he plays this week, but that is just a bad idea and they need to rest him. Get him ready for the home stretch (both real and fantasy - I have him too, haha).

Vikes99ej
10-06-2008, 04:47 PM
So this must be why Westbrook never runs between the tackles.

:P

703SKINS202
10-06-2008, 04:51 PM
The criticizing of Westbrook needs to stop. The dude is a freak and no less than a top 5 back in the league. Injuries happen, he can't help that.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 04:53 PM
So this must be why Westbrook never runs between the tackles.

:P

Except, you know, he actually does. I love it when myths from five years ago are still believed.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 04:55 PM
The criticizing of Westbrook needs to stop. The dude is a freak and no less than a top 5 back in the league. Injuries happen, he can't help that.
Westbrook has been overrated for a very long time. Last year he was able to avoid injury, but he's been injured a lot over his career and seeing him hurt this year does not come as a surprise to me. He doesn't have the build to have a long NFL career. Dynamic player? Definitely Yes. An everydown NFL back? Definitely No.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Westbrook has been overrated for a very long time.

Wow that's such an erroneous statement. Can't say I'm stunned to hear it from a Cowboys fan though.

Borat
10-06-2008, 05:00 PM
wow that was a sucky draft

That's nothing. Check out my dynasty team. It was without a doubt the favorite to dominate the league coming into the year. Check out how sucky/injured this team became:

QB Brady (injured)
RB Westbrook (injured)
RB LJ (sucky)
WR Braylon (super sucky)
WR Reggie Wayne (Awesome)
TE Cooley (showed up for 1 game )
K Shayne Graham (horrible)
DEF San Diego (Awful)

Turtlepower
10-06-2008, 05:03 PM
What a pansy Westbrook is for not playing with broken ribs. Jim Abbot threw a no-hitter with one hand and Westbrook isn't playing because some of his internal bones are cracked. Seriously, get over yourself Westbrook.

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 05:04 PM
That's nothing. Check out my dynasty team. It was without a doubt the favorite to dominate the league coming into the year. Check out how sucky/injured this team became:

QB Brady (injured)
RB Westbrook (injured)
RB LJ (sucky)
WR Braylon (super sucky)
WR Reggie Wayne (Awesome)
TE Cooley (showed up for 1 game )
K Shayne Graham (horrible)
DEF San Diego (Awful)

That's a great team on paper. Larry Johnson has came on a little bit.

The team should get better as the season gos on if you have a backup quarterback.

Borat
10-06-2008, 05:05 PM
That's a great team on paper. Larry Johnson has came on a little bit.

The team should get better as the season gos on if you have a backup quarterback.

Well, lets just say I was bumping the salary cap before the season started and now with the injuries/suckiness of some of those guys, I have no chance what so ever. Hell, I had Drew Brees as my backup but lost him due to salary cap issues. Now I'm rolling with Matty Ryan.

703SKINS202
10-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Westbrook has been overrated for a very long time. Last year he was able to avoid injury, but he's been injured a lot over his career and seeing him hurt this year does not come as a surprise to me. He doesn't have the build to have a long NFL career. Dynamic player? Definitely Yes. An everydown NFL back? Definitely No.

I don't think he is overrated. You are right however, he is not an every down back but like you said a dynamic a player as he is the Eagles can't afford to not have him on the field as much as possible. Some people compare him to Marshall Faulk and I think that is quite fair because if you look at his last 4 years Faulk really broke down. Westbrook could go down this same road. I think the Eagles need to look for a more solid bigger built back for the future to take the load of Westbrook. Start using him like the Saints have Reggie Bush finally, we've all seen the drastic impact Bush has had now that Payton has figured out to use him in the offense and to his abilities.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Start using him like the Saints have Reggie Bush finally, we've all seen the drastic impact Bush has had now that Payton has figured out to use him in the offense and to his abilities.

Yeah that'd be great....if it weren't for the fact that Brian Westbrook is a better player and is better utilized than Reggie Bush.

703SKINS202
10-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah that'd be great....if it weren't for the fact that Brian Westbrook is a better player and is better utilized than Reggie Bush.

Trust me I agree 100% but it might be time for them to take a little bit of the load off Westbrook. He is in so many ways like Faulk a dynamic runner and the best receiving threat out of the backfield in the NFL. I just think that his body as we're starting to see is taking a beating much like Faulk's did towards the end of his career.

ChezPower4
10-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Bad new for me have Brain on my fantasy team and he's a stud. Hope he wont be out for long. Does anyone know how long he's going to be out?

Sniper
10-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Bad new for me have Brain on my fantasy team and he's a stud. Hope he wont be out for long. Does anyone know how long he's going to be out?

He might play this weekend...and likely be criminally underused. I mean, we've got 5 yard hitch routes to Greg Lewis to attempt, dammit!

ChezPower4
10-06-2008, 06:05 PM
He might play this weekend...and likely be criminally underused. I mean, we've got 5 yard hitch routes to Greg Lewis to attempt, dammit!

Nice still don't know if i'll start him though, I've never broken ribs before but i can only imagine that it hurts to do simple things like..... breathe. I would think that running and getting crushed by 300 men is not going to be easy to say the least.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Wow that's such an erroneous statement. Can't say I'm stunned to hear it from a Cowboys fan though.
Oh stop. I acknowledge the fact that he is good and he's the heart and soul of that Philly offense. But I never acknowledged him as a Top 5 NFL RB. ...and some people think he's a Top 3 RB!!! That's why I think he's been overrated.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Oh stop. I acknowledge the fact that he is good and he's the heart and soul of that Philly offense. But I never acknowledged him as a Top 5 NFL RB. ...and some people think he's a Top 3 RB!!! That's why I think he's been overrated.

It may have something to do with the fact that he had the most APY last year and was near the top the year before???

Malaka
10-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Man I am screwed in fantasy football, at least I got Matt Forte I am a genius!... I think this means Eagles finish last in NFC East again, but just my opinion on that one anything can happen.

SuperKevin
10-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Man I am screwed in fantasy football, at least I got Matt Forte I am a genius!... I think this means Eagles finish last in NFC East again, but just my opinion on that one anything can happen.

They were going to finish last anyway

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 06:28 PM
The thing is that I believe that the Eagles would win any other NFC division. I think they are every bit as good as the Giants and Cowboys.

Malaka
10-06-2008, 06:30 PM
They were going to finish last anyway

Even though they lost to the Redskins I thought they would give a fight to be the third best in the East, but I think this really is dagger in the heart the Giants, Skins, and Cowboys needed.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 06:31 PM
It may have something to do with the fact that he had the most APY last year and was near the top the year before???
Who gives a crap? That doesn't make you a Top 3 back in the league.

OVER-RATED!

21ST
10-06-2008, 06:33 PM

OVER-RATED!

What exactly makes someone a top 3 back then

Sniper
10-06-2008, 06:36 PM

OVER-RATED!

Um, then what does? Let me guess...not even starting and riding your teammates' coattails to a Pro Bowl?

Quite possibly one of the top 10 dumbest comments I've read on this site.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Um, then what does? Let me guess...not even starting and riding your teammates' coattails to a Pro Bowl?

Quite possibly one of the top 10 dumbest comments I've read on this site.
He's nothing but a glorified kick returner in a gimmicky offense.

Go_Eagles77
10-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Who would you put ahead of Westbrook? LT, AD, um, yeah....

Sniper
10-06-2008, 06:44 PM

You must be ******* kidding me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXtfuypdCKk

Do tell how the offense is gimmicky.

Go_Eagles77
10-06-2008, 06:48 PM

So you're saying Devin Hester could lead the league in all-purpose yards at RB for the eagles? Ok.....

Sniper
10-06-2008, 06:49 PM
So you're saying Devin Hester could lead the league in all-purpose yards at RB for the eagles? Ok.....

D-Unit's Cowboys homerism has reached an all-time high. Given time, it could reach his lovefest for Colt Brennan.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Who would you put ahead of Westbrook? LT, AD, um, yeah....
How about Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, Michael Turner, Joseph Addai, Steven Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber ... um, yeah.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
How about Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, Michael Turner, Joseph Addai, Steven Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber ... um, yeah.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Tha t is indeed classic.

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 06:53 PM
You must be ******* kidding me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXtfuypdCKk

Do tell how the offense is gimmicky.

What did did to that San Francisco 49er was insanely awesome from a spectators viewpoint. For the 49er not so much.

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 06:54 PM

I'd put Portis, Turner, and Jackson on Westbrook's level.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 06:54 PM
D-Unit's Cowboys homerism has reached an all-time high. Given time, it could reach his lovefest for Colt Brennan.
This coming from the biggest Philly homer on the site. That's funny.

The fact that I think Westbrook has been overrated has nothing to do with me being a Cowboys fan and for you to use that as an excuse is about as weak an argument as one could make up.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I'd put Portis, Turner, and Jackson on Westbrook's level.

Turner hasn't proven anything over the course of a full season. And Westbrook is certainly the most versatile.

Marion Barber has been starting for, what, five games? D might be the biggest homer on the board.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 06:55 PM
This is an epic battle.

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Turner hasn't proven anything over the course of a full season. And Westbrook is certainly the most versatile.

Marion Barber has been starting for, what, five games? D might be the biggest homer on the board.

Turner is still the man. Biggest out of the bunch, faster than all but Portis.

I think Westbrook, along with Portis, should be considered the top 2 after Tomlinson and Peterson.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 06:59 PM

What does games started have to do with the fact on who's a better NFL RB?

Westbrook is a system RB. Period. You can't play him in any NFL offense and expect him to give the same results.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 06:59 PM

The fact that I think Westbrook has been overrated has nothing to do with me being a Cowboys fan and for you to use that as an excuse is about as weak an argument as one could make up.

It has EVERYTHING to do with your homerism. The only back that has arguably been better than Westbrook since Westbrook became a starter is Tomlinson.

Westbrook
518 carries
2550 rushing yards
4.92 ypc
14 TD
19 20+ yard runs
167 receptions
1470 receiving yards
8.80 ypc
9 TD
16 20+ yard receptions.

Find me someone not named Tomlinson that has been better since the time Westbrook became a starter.

Go_Eagles77
10-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Some of those guys I can see getting an argument from a pure runner standpoint but as an all around player (run, receive, block) Westbrook is top 3. When he's healthy it's not really close.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 07:01 PM
It has EVERYTHING to do with your homerism. The only back that has arguably been better than Westbrook since Westbrook became a starter is Tomlinson.

Westbrook: 518 carries, 2550 rushing yards, 4.92 ypc, 14 TD, 19 20+ yard runs, 167 receptions, 1470 receiving yards, 8.80 ypc, 9 TD, 16 20+ yard receptions.

Find me someone not named Tomlinson that has been better since the time Westbrook became a starter.
Westbrook's stats have everything to do with the system he plays in.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Some of those guys I can see getting an argument from a pure runner standpoint but as an all around player (run, receive, block) Westbrook is top 3. When he's healthy it's not really close.
Unfortunately, the reality is that health does account for the greatness of a RB. Bo Jackson and Christian Okoye could've been some of the greatest ever, if not for that fact.

Go_Eagles77
10-06-2008, 07:04 PM

You don't really know that, take him out of Philly and he might not put up the same receiving stats but if he was in a system that ran the ball more than 35% of the time he might have way better rushing stats.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 07:06 PM

What is so great about this system?

Since 2004...

With Westbrook: 36-23, 23.6 ppg, 108.4 rush yards per game, 15 100 yard games (all Westbrook)
Without Westbrook: 3-7, 16.7 ppg, 104.6 rush yards per game, 2 100 yard games

Yes, the system clearly runs at 100% efficiency without Westbrook. 100% efficiency meaning a touchdown less per game.

skinzzfan25
10-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Right now, if I'm building a team regardless of what system I'm running these are the RBs I'm drafting in order:

1. LT
2. AP
3. Westbrook
4. Portis
5. Steven Jackson

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Right now, if I'm building a team regardless of what system I'm running these are the RBs I'm drafting in order:

1. LT
2. AP
3. Westbrook
4. Portis
5. Steven Jackson
...and you'd have to alter your offense to fit Westbrook. Otherwise, he's less effective.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 07:14 PM
...and you'd have to alter your offense to fit Westbrook. Otherwise, he's less effective.

Can I have proof of this or are you just going to continue to spew random stuff? This ZOMGZ AWESOME system that you claim the Eagles run clearly isn't the same without Westbrook. If the offense was such a great "system", teams would have figured out Westbrook by now. The "system" might give Westbrook a lot of touches, but how do you explain the high yards per touch?

How do you explain the dropoff in stats from the team when Westbrook is out? If it's the "system", shouldn't anyone put up those numbers?

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Can I have proof of this or are you just going to continue to spew random stuff? This ZOMGZ AWESOME system that you claim the Eagles run clearly isn't the same without Westbrook. If the offense was such a great "system", teams would have figured out Westbrook by now. The "system" might give Westbrook a lot of touches, but how do you explain the high yards per touch?

How do you explain the dropoff in stats from the team when Westbrook is out? If it's the "system", shouldn't anyone put up those numbers?

I think he is saying it is a system revolving around Westbrook moreso than it being a great system. Like the spread offense pumping up a lot of quarterbacks numbers.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 07:18 PM
I think he is saying it is a system revolving around Westbrook moreso than it being a great system. Like the spread offense pumping up a lot of quarterbacks numbers.

But if you're going to design an entire offense around a player, he must be decent, no?

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 07:29 PM
But if you're going to design an entire offense around a player, he must be decent, no?
That's not the case. The Eagles have always tried to find guys that fit that offense... from Duce Staley to Ryan Moats to Reno Mahe to Lorenzo Booker... even Buckhalter is a good receiver out of the backfield. Those are the types you guys get. Don't try and say Westbrook made them change their offensive philosophy because we both know that's not true.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 07:30 PM
That's not the case. The Eagles have always tried to find guys that fit that offense... from Duce Staley to Ryan Moats to Reno Mahe to Lorenzo Booker... even Buckhalter is a good receiver out of the backfield. Those are the types you guys get. Don't try and say Westbrook made them change their offensive philosophy because we both know that's not true.

And we can clearly see it works ever so well with the other guys, right?

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 07:33 PM
And we can clearly see it works ever so well with the other guys, right?
Duce was a beast. If you wanna say Westbrook is better than Buckhalter, Moats, Mahe and Booker, I have no problems with that. Fact still remains that Westbrook is not a fit for all NFL offenses, he benefits from being in the Philly system and he's overrated.

thebow305
10-06-2008, 07:35 PM
I posted this question in the fantasy thread, but who would you pick up to replace B-West this week, LeRon McClain or Buckhalter?

Sniper
10-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Duce was a beast. If you wanna say Westbrook is better than Buckhalter, Moats, Mahe and Booker, I have no problems with that. Fact still remains that Westbrook is not a fit for all NFL offenses, he benefits from being in the Philly system and he's overrated.

Duce never put up the numbers that Westbrook has. His career high in rushing yards was 1,273 yards (at a 3.9 ypc). 3.9 ypc is awful. Westbrook averages 4.7 ypcarry for his career and 9.2 ypcatch. Duce averaged 4.1 ypcarry and 8.9 ypcatch. Staley also never combined for double-digit touchdowns in his career.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 07:38 PM
I posted this question in the fantasy thread, but who would you pick up to replace B-West this week, LeRon McClain or Buckhalter?

Apparently Buckhalter, because anyone can step in and do what Westbrook does.

scottyboy
10-06-2008, 07:39 PM
D, I hate the iggles as much as anyone, and constantly remind them they suck and McNabb's trophy case is filled with just Chunky soup, but Westbrook is nasty. He's raped our defenses for years. If it's the system, how come we haven't gameplanned for it years ago? the guy is an animal who finds wholes, exploits coverages and has litterally carried that eagles team at times. I mean, come on, he gets spotlighted almost every play and still kicks arse...

AND he went to 'nova, a Big East team I also hate...

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 07:42 PM

McClain. He's a man.

But you should have better backup RBs than that unless you are in a very deep league.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 07:45 PM
D, I hate the iggles as much as anyone, and constantly remind them they suck and McNabb's trophy case is filled with just Chunky soup, but Westbrook is nasty. He's raped our defenses for years. If it's the system, how come we haven't gameplanned for it years ago? the guy is an animal who finds wholes, exploits coverages and has litterally carried that eagles team at times. I mean, come on, he gets spotlighted almost every play and still kicks arse...

AND he went to 'nova, a Big East team I also hate...
I already mentioned that he was the heart and soul of the Philly offense.

I already mentioned that he is a dynamic player.

However, that doesn't make him a Top 3 NFL RB in my eyes. Not Top 5 either.

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 07:51 PM
I already mentioned that he was the heart and soul of the Philly offense.

I already mentioned that he is a dynamic player.

However, that doesn't make him a Top 3 NFL RB in my eyes. Not Top 5 either.

JMO, but I'll take being effective. Pat White would be horrible in a conventional offense but in my eyes he is a very good college QB.

I know someone will come in and say Pat White is soft, but the point should be made.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 07:52 PM
D, I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why the Eagles' offense scores a full touchdown less when Westbrook doesn't play.

yourfavestoner
10-06-2008, 07:54 PM

That's funny, because I think you being a Cowboys fan has everything to do with your view of Westbrook. He's nothing more than a glorified kick returner in a gimmicky offense? So what exactly does that make Felix Jones?

What would your view of Whimestbrook be if he played for the Cowboys? I have a feeling you'd have Westbrook's **** so far down your throat that you'd have trouble breathing.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 07:54 PM
D, I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why the Eagles' offense scores a full touchdown less when Westbrook doesn't play.
Because they don't have anyone else as good as him. If they had a Gore, Portis, Jackson, Addai, Barber... etc etc... They wouldn't miss a beat. In fact, they'd probably show better results.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Because they don't have anyone else as good as him. If they had a Gore, Portis, Jackson, Addai, Barber... etc etc... They wouldn't miss a beat. In fact, they'd probably show better results.

That made no sense at all.

Go_Eagles77
10-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm just wondering why you think he is a system player? What exactly is it about his game (besides screens) that is inflating his stats in the system? I think if he was in a team that ran the ball more he would have better stats as far as rushing goes. He could be effective in any system as a runner.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM
That's funny, because I think you being a Cowboys fan has everything to do with your view of Westbrook. He's nothing more than a glorified kick returner in a gimmicky offense? So what exactly does that make Felix Jones?

What would your view of Whimestbrook be if he played for the Cowboys? I have a feeling you'd have Westbrook's **** so far down your throat that you'd have trouble breathing.
That comment was strictly pointed at ruffling Snipers feathers. C'mon now.

Felix is in the perfect role and nobody is calling him a Top 3 NFL RB.

...good analogy... but it sounds like you have first hand experience on knowing what that feels like in your mouth. Then again... I have no reason to doubt that.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
That made no sense at all.
I have a funny feeling, you're the only one that made no sense to.

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM

Your'e really pulling for straws (is that the saying)? It would probably be better to just stop argueing. Neither of you will change your mind, no matter what the other poster says.

scottyboy
10-06-2008, 08:01 PM
marion barber isn't even close to the reciever or overal back Westbrook is D.

and I fail to see how a Philly O that dislikes running is gimmicky...

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 08:06 PM
marion barber isn't even close to the reciever or overal back Westbrook is D.

and I fail to see how a Philly O that dislikes running is gimmicky...
How can you say that? Barber is better between the tackles, better at blocking and catches everything his way. Like I said, Westbrook's receiving numbers are a product of the offense. He gets more receiving attempts. His receiving numbers are what makes him dynamic, but that doesn't mean he's the better overall RB. That's a joke. Barber can succeed in any NFL offense. Westbrook? No.

Any NFL team that dislikes running is the definition of gimmicky.

Go_Eagles77
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm just wondering why you think he is a system player? What exactly is it about his game (besides screens) that is inflating his stats in the system? I think if he was in a team that ran the ball more he would have better stats as far as rushing goes. He could be effective in any system as a runner.

This is a pretty simple question that you seem to have ignored twice now. If anything the eagles "system" is holding him back from being a consistent 1,500 yard rusher that he could be on teams like PIT and JAX.

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
This is a pretty simple question that you seem to have ignored twice now. If anything the eagles "system" is holding him back from being a consistent 1,500 yard rusher that he could be on teams like PIT and JAX.

I have supported Westbrook but he would and will never be a consistent 1,500 yard rusher.

Go_Eagles77
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I have supported Westbrook but he would and will never be a consistent 1,500 yard rusher.

That's because he doesn't get enough carries in the eagles offense, if he got 350 carries a season the only question would be durability.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 08:11 PM
I think you're not understanding my responses if you think I haven't already answered that.

Westbrook's numbers are a byproduct of the pass happy offense that the Eagles employ. If Westbrook was asked to carry the ball 25-30 times a game, his statistics would fall way short of the Top 3 NFL RBs.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 08:11 PM
That's because he doesn't get enough carries in the eagles offense, if he got 350 carries a season the only question would be durability.
But he doesn't even have durability as is!!!

Sniper
10-06-2008, 08:14 PM
better at blocking

Since when?

and catches everything his way

Join the club.

Like I said, Westbrook's receiving numbers are a product of the offense. He gets more receiving attempts.

Which is why yards per catch is a great stat. Barber averages 7.1 for his career, Westbrook averages 9.2 for his career.

Any NFL team that dislikes running is the definition of gimmicky.

So the Dallas offense is gimmicky as well.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Since when?

Join the club.

Which is why yards per catch is a great stat. Barber averages 7.1 for his career, Westbrook averages 9.2 for his career.

So the Dallas offense is gimmicky as well.
Barber is one of the best blocking backs in the league.... again, Westbrook's numbers are a byproduct of the system... Garrett's playcalling has come into question, but philosophically, the two offenses are completely different. If I need to explain that to you, then I'm done here.

I've made my points. Now I'm at the point where I'm debating with a homer. Get over your fandom. Westbrook is overrated.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 08:26 PM
I think you're not understanding my responses if you think I haven't already answered that.

Westbrook's numbers are a byproduct of the pass happy offense that the Eagles employ. If Westbrook was asked to carry the ball 25-30 times a game, his statistics would fall way short of the Top 3 NFL RBs.

They would?

20+ carry games in Westbrook's career (Regular season)

'05 Green Bay: 20 carries, 120 yards, 6.0 ypc
'06 Washington: 22 carries, 113 yards, 5.1 ypc
'06 Tennessee: 22 carries, 102 yards, 4.6 ypc
'06 Indianapolis: 20 carries, 124 yards, 6.2 ypc
(These three games were in a row)
'06 Dallas: 26 carries, 122 yards, 4.7 ypc
'07 Green Bay: 20 carries, 85 yards, 4.3 ypc
'07 New York Jets: 20 carries, 120 yards, 6.0 ypc
'07 Minnesota: 21 carries, 46 yards, 2.2 ypc
'07 Washington: 20 carries, 100 yards, 5.0 ypc
'07 Miami: 32 carries, 148 yards, 4.6 ypc
'07 New York Giants: 20 carries, 116 yards, 5.8 ypc

Westbrook has had 20+ carries in 11 games in his career (this doesn't count screen passes, which Reid counts as a run when charting stuff. I don't agree with it, but it's the way it is). In 9 of those 11 games, he's had over 100 yards.

Chucky
10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
EDIT: Wrong thread

Sniper
10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Barber is one of the best blocking backs in the league.... again, Westbrook's numbers are a byproduct of the system... Garrett's playcalling has come into question, but philosophically, the two offenses are completely different. If I need to explain that to you, then I'm done here.

I've made my points. Now I'm at the point where I'm debating with a homer. Get over your fandom. Westbrook is overrated.

Pot, meet kettle...

You have yet to explain to me how Westbrook's higher yards per touch average is due to the system. I could see more touches. But how does the system make him get more yards per touch.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 08:29 PM
But he doesn't even have durability as is!!!

He's played at least 15 games every year since he's been the starter.

Any other ******** arguments I can shoot down for you?

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
He's played at least 15 games every year since he's been the starter.

Any other ******** arguments I can shoot down for you?
I'm actually laughing at how emotional you're getting. ...and he missed 4 games in 2005. He's only had 2 healthy years in his career (2006 & 2007) and even then he's missed games.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm actually laughing at how emotional you're getting. ...and he missed 4 games in 2005. He's only had 2 healthy years in his career (2006 & 2007) and even then he's missed games.

I'm not emotional. The stupidity and homerism in your posts is astounding. scotty's not even this bad of a homer with Brian Leonard and Ray Rice.

Still waiting for the explanation about the higher yards per touch.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Pot, meet kettle...

You have yet to explain to me how Westbrook's higher yards per touch average is due to the system. I could see more touches. But how does the system make him get more yards per touch.
Your offense is schemed to let the RB run downfield. What? You didn't know that? You and your stats crack me up. ...and here you were criticizing Colt Brennan. Funny how your opinion changes now that the tables are turned.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm not emotional. The stupidity and homerism in your posts is astounding. scotty's not even this bad of a homer with Brian Leonard and Ray Rice.

Still waiting for the explanation about the higher yards per touch.
If there's a homer here, it's you buddy. I'm not the one making Westbrook to be something he's not.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Your offense is schemed to let the RB run downfield. What? You didn't know that? You and your stats crack me up. ...and here you were criticizing Colt Brennan. Funny how your opinion changes now that the tables are turned.

Only when it's not. The passing game for the RB revolves around passes into the flats and screen passes. Good attempt though.

If there's a homer here, it's you buddy. I'm not the one making Westbrook to be something he's not

Colt Brennan for Heisman!

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Only when it's not. The passing game for the RB revolves around passes into the flats and screen passes. Good attempt though.

Colt Brennan for Heisman!
No better yet.... Nice try at denying your own team's offensive philosophy. The Eagles offense may revolve around short passes to Westbrook, but it's certainly not limited to that. Don't be so naive.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 08:53 PM
No better yet.... Nice try at denying your own team's offensive philosophy. The Eagles offense may revolve around short passes to Westbrook, but it's certainly not limited to that. Don't be so naive.

Right. You're just an expert. I mean, I see Westbrook run deep all the time.

I actually can't remember the last time Westbrook went deep.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 08:54 PM
wow u both are incredible homers

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 08:55 PM
wow u both are incredible homers
And which side are you on? Top 3 RB in the NFL or not?

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 08:59 PM
im for the top5 depending on what kind of offense u want

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 09:02 PM
im for the top5 depending on what kind of offense u want
I'll agree with that. If you want to copy Philly, then Westbrook is a Top 5 RB. Fact of the matter is that NFL teams out there don't duplicate Philly's offensive philosophy.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 09:04 PM
I'll agree with that. If you want to copy Philly, then Westbrook is a Top 5 RB. Fact of the matter is that NFL teams out there don't duplicate Philly's offensive philosophy.
I dont buy too much into ur system thing. Is the system adding something? yes they add something, just look at those horrible WRs they had. If i think about a system that inflates stats its the saints offense with reggie bush.

D-Unit
10-06-2008, 09:14 PM
I dont buy too much into ur system thing. Is the system adding something? yes they add something, just look at those horrible WRs they had. If i think about a system that inflates stats its the saints offense with reggie bush.
OK, so what NFL offenses were you referring to when you said, "im for the top5 depending on what kind of offense u want".

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
if i wanna pound the ball down the middle alot id prolly go gore, lt or barber. If I go pass first/pass happy offense or more outside runs i think he is a top3 back for those systems

thebow305
10-06-2008, 10:03 PM
McClain. He's a man.

But you should have better backup RBs than that unless you are in a very deep league.

Well I do have Steve Slaton, but he is playing Miami. Needless to say, Mr. Slaton will certainly be sitting very comfortably on the bench for me this week.