PDA

View Full Version : Milestones

21ST
10-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Tony G just reached a big one, so who else is also close to reaching a milestone this year. Clinton Portis needs 34 more yards to have 10,000 all purpose yards. I know there are some more out there

Geo
10-06-2008, 07:06 PM
With the Texans game, Dwight Freeney has tied Lawrence Taylor in career forced fumbles (33). He might have 34, depending if they change the Rosenfels helicopter fumble (looked to me like Freeney dislodged the ball). But LT, that's incredibly lofty company.

Robert Mathis isn't too far away at 27 career forced fumbles now.

Geo
10-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Edgerrin James is 303 rushing yards away from breaking into the Top 10 all-time leading rushers (booting Marcus Allen out).

Malaka
10-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Sinorice Moss got his first TD catch ever... I guess that counts as a milestone lol 2 years 2 TDs

iowatreat54
10-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Edgerrin James is 303 rushing yards away from breaking into the Top 10 all-time leading rushers (booting Marcus Allen out).

boooo Marcus Allen > Edge :(

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Tony Romo is one 300 yard game away from breaking Aikman's team record for 300 yard games in a career. (13)

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2008, 07:23 PM

So, that will happen in what, 6 games? I kid, I kid but really, Edge looks just about done these days.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Campbell already passed the Skins record for most completions without an interception and is still going. Moss tied the skins record for consecutive games with a TD catch but the streak ended last Sunday in Dallas. Derrick Mason is also about 700 yards away from 10,000 and 3 TD's to 50.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-06-2008, 07:50 PM
So, that will happen in what, 6 games? I kid, I kid but really, Edge looks just about done these days.

He has actually looked rejuvenated this season compared to the past few. Too bad they have MBIII pt. 2 waiting in the wings in Tim Hightower. He leads all rookies in rushing TD's, and is scoring a TD every 7 carries.

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2008, 07:57 PM
He has actually looked rejuvenated this season compared to the past few. Too bad they have MBIII pt. 2 waiting in the wings in Tim Hightower. He leads all rookies in rushing TD's, and is scoring a TD every 7 carries.

Meh...Edge runs hot and cold, mostly cold now a days. Last two weeks he's been pretty awful and has only had one great game of note.

Speaking of Hightower...just a random note. I was so mad that he was injured the game I was supposed to see him play in college. Richmond vs. my Lafayette Leopards. :)

SeanTaylorRIP
10-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Meh...Edge runs hot and cold, mostly cold now a days. Last two weeks he's been pretty awful and has only had one great game of note.

Speaking of Hightower...just a random note. I was so mad that he was injured the game I was supposed to see him play in college. Richmond vs. my Lafayette Leopards. :)

Lafayette, did RU play you last year? I can remember a couple years back but not last year. Hightower was unstoppable last year even when defenses knew he was getting it every play. I remember against Northeastern last year he had something around like 300 yards rushing and 4 TD's in under 20 carries. He also had another 300 yard 4 TD game another game last year, I can't remember against who though. Maybe Nova, maybe JMU? I was pissed though when he fell so close to 2000 yards last season.

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Lafayette, did RU play you last year? I can remember a couple years back but not last year. Hightower was unstoppable last year even when defenses knew he was getting it every play. I remember against Northeastern last year he had something around like 300 yards rushing and 4 TD's in under 20 carries. He also had another 300 yard 4 TD game another game last year, I can't remember against who though. Maybe Nova, maybe JMU? I was pissed though when he fell so close to 2000 yards last season.

Yeah, you know what? I dont know what I was thinking, I did see Hightower play but, it was when Freeman was starting. That year Laffy had a star Rb of their own, Jonathan Hurt, who is probably pulling in $250,000 a year in some other profession. haha. Given the chance, though...he probably could have made a Practice squad. He wasnt interested, though. Big kid 6'0 225...w/ out a doubt a 4.4-4.5 guy. One of Laffy's better players in school history.

I remember i was pissed i missed out on someone but, it's escaping me right now. Been a long day, I'm sure I'll think of it soon enough.

throwback54milkman
10-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Brett Favre is one TD away from setting the Jets QB record....

well no not really, but probably pretty close

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
well he does lead the Jets franchise record in career yards, ints and TDs.

Turtlepower
10-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Reggie Bush has the most receptions of any player into his first 33 games, surpassing Boldin.