PDA

View Full Version : Bears at Falcons, Part Deux

awfullyquiet
10-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Hopefully the D-Line will break out of hiding.

Hurricane Ditka
10-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Nobody even saw my unit joke. That's disapointing.

awfullyquiet
10-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Nobody even saw my unit joke. That's disapointing.

i saw it!

but that's all i saw.

regoob2
10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Well that was a fun discussion and HD i saw the unit joke.

Gay Ork Wang
10-07-2008, 06:35 PM
haha after all those "its a public forum" speech he now is out.

Anyways I dont think the bears will take them lightly. With Harris back and maybe Vasher and Lloyd, i just think this has to be an upset and we have to help if the falcons would want to win

iowatreat54
10-07-2008, 07:08 PM
if Neckbeard can resist turning the ball over numerous times, or even not turn it over in our territory, I believe it is our game to lose

our D will hopefully terrorize Ryan and force him to make some dumb decisions, and if Harris is back I feel confident in limiting Turner's impact even if he rushes for 100 yards

I really hope Hester has a field day though just so I can laugh lol

regoob2
10-07-2008, 07:29 PM
if Neckbeard can resist turning the ball over numerous times, or even not turn it over in our territory, I believe it is our game to lose

our D will hopefully terrorize Ryan and force him to make some dumb decisions, and if Harris is back I feel confident in limiting Turner's impact even if he rushes for 100 yards

I really hope Hester has a field day though just so I can laugh lol
Ya I would love to see Hester take one to the house. I wanna see what we can do on the turf too. I think we're clearly a better team.

ChezPower4
10-07-2008, 09:49 PM
The Falcons play very well at home.... should be a great game

awfullyquiet
10-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Ya I would love to see Hester take one to the house. I wanna see what we can do on the turf too. I think we're clearly a better team.

maybe twice. or three times.

sweetness34
10-10-2008, 03:49 PM
sweetness' keys to the game;

- Turnovers and passing attack consistency. We take care of the football on offense and keep Atlanta's defense honest in their secondary I think this game bodes well for us. Forte will have some room to run if Kyle can be efficient down field.

- Pass rush. Much like last week I wanted our DL to get after Kitna, same goes for this one. I doubt we completely shut down Turner, he's a very talented RB but I do think we need pressure on Ryan and mixed looks in the secondary. Ryan struggled against the last Tampa 2 team he faced so hopefully Babich keeps them guessing with our looks.

BeerBaron
10-10-2008, 04:33 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/10/ted-sundquists-week-six-scouting-reports-bears-at-falcons/

former bronco's GM Ted Sundquist has been breaking down some of the games each week for PFT and I thought that was a pretty good analysis of this one.

I was surprised how good Matt Ryan has been against the blitz, but according to that, we have allowed the lowest opposing QB rating vs. the blitz. Somethings gotta give there....but i'm hoping that with Tommie back and hopefully healthier, he can bring back some of the pass rush that we've been lacking when we don't blitz.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Oh my gosh. Falcons fan in your thread. Good luck guys.

bearsfan_51
10-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Hah. You could hear the Falcons getting booed at home by all the Bears fans in the crowd. So much for that home field advantage.

regoob2
10-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Falcons looked good on that first drive. They came to play.

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 02:10 PM
comcast was being homosexual so i didn't see the whole game, just turned it on for that last scoring drive.

how are we losing?

edit: as soon as i type that Ryan hits someone deep.... ****

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 02:11 PM
god...how were we ever a competent football team without Mike Brown?

bearsfan_51
10-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Marcus Hamilton & Corey Graham = Fail

regoob2
10-12-2008, 02:13 PM
comcast was being homosexual so i didn't see the whole game, just turned it on for that last scoring drive.

how are we losing?

edit: as soon as i type that Ryan hits someone deep.... ****
Because they dominated all game. Every aspect. We have no pass rush.

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Of course they pick it up. We blitz two plays a row and destroy them, then follow it up with terribleness. Christ Almighty.

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 02:18 PM

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 02:33 PM
i'm usually all for going for it on 4th and shorts, but that was a situation where we probably should have kicked the FG and brought it within 1 score.... Our offense had been moving the ball real well so we probably should have gone with the points.

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Why do we keep calling these mcKie runs. always when we count on them we lose

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Olsen reminds me of a more athletic Jason Witten with some of these catches of his....guys a stud in the making.

bearsfan_51
10-12-2008, 02:45 PM
This has been a pretty awful performance by the Bears, but our skill position players (Orton, Forte, Hester) have done a nice job so far.

Again, it's impossible to win with your backup cornerns and no pass rush.

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Well....that was probably the nail in the coffin....

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 02:51 PM
wow, i love you Jason Elam.

He couldn't handle the sexyness of the kicker on the other sideline.

k0ng
10-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Horribly played game on our part. As soon as we got a little momentum we gave it right back to the Falcons.

k0ng
10-12-2008, 02:54 PM
This has been a pretty awful performance by the Bears, but our skill position players (Orton, Forte, Hester) have done a nice job so far.

Again, it's impossible to win with your backup cornerns and no pass rush.

You think they would know the slant was coming on 3rd and long though. Jebus.

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2008, 02:55 PM
If we win this, im gonna **** a brick

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 02:59 PM
i think i'd rather have spiked it than use the timeout there.

cmon KO!!

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 03:00 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KYLE ******* ORTON!!!!!

WOW!!

John Elway in the making right here! haha!!

dunagan15
10-12-2008, 03:05 PM
good game. We blew it. Typical.

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 03:06 PM
ugh......

!!!!!!

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 03:09 PM
c'mon guys......this is a nuts game.

k0ng
They should have kicked it deep on the kickoff.

BeerBaron
Ouch.

wow. i dont know how to feel right now. very deflated i guess

bearfan
10-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Orton came through at the end. I cannot believe that the defense let up a pass like that. How depressing.

thefalconer
10-12-2008, 03:14 PM
If we win this, im gonna **** a brick

good news for you! http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Why don't you kick it deep on that kickoff? I don't give a flying **** what Norwood did last time. You make them make a play, but instead you give them the ******* ball at the 40 yard line.

And our defense, jesus christ. I understand our two starting corners were out. But we were in prevent defense, we should have been guarding against the sideines. And it's not like Ryan fit it in there, it was a wide open area.

Granted we were outplayed, but in those games if you want to be a playoff team, you have to win. Hats off to Orton, I'll eat crow all day on that one.

I still have no idea why we squibbed it. The chances Norwood does it again if you kick it to the corner are slim, play the odds and make them beat you.

regoob2
good game. We blew it. Typical.
good game we blew it.

bearsfan_51
Yeah that's a kick in the nuts, but I'm not nearly as mad as the Bucs game where we thoroughly outplayed them and lost.

It happens, one ******** play deserves another.

But yeah, that squib kick was a horrible decision. You do that when they need a touchdown, not a field goal.

dunagan15
ZOMG!!!! what a game.

Bosanac01
10-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Thank you bears for giving us falcons the best game we'll probly have all year. At the end of the day, we played better and deserved to win. Good luck the rest of the year.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:17 PM
This win could have propelled us for the rest of the season, instead this is a deflating loss and we are back at .500.

I never in a million years would have thought Ryan would play like Tom Brady against us and we completely shut down Turner. We had zero pass rush (which was one of my keys to the game) and we played off their WR's.

Unbelievable. The Illini outplay Minnesota yesterday and **** down their legs, the Bears get outgained by Atlanta, have the game won and then **** down their legs. The Hawks are 0-2, the Sox get knocked out, the Cubs get swept, and the Bulls are gonna suck this year. Awesome, just awesome hahaha.

bearsfan_51
10-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Thank you bears for giving us falcons the best game we'll probly have all year. At the end of the day, we played better and deserved to win. Good luck the rest of the year.

You really didn't play better at all. Look at the box score, that game could have easily gone either way.

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't think .500 is so bad right now. Our division is still ******* terrible with Lions, and Vikings who almost lost to the Lions, and the Packers playing ****** all the sudden.

Orton proved his mettle though on that last drive imo. I was in the boat that last game was just an abberation and he's really nothing more than a glorified game manager, but to bring a team back under those circumstances is nothing short of a miracle.

We'll live, hopefully learn from it, and be ready for the next game.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:22 PM

Deserved to win? Hmmm...Nobody "deserves to win" unless they get ****** over by the refs or by bad bounces IMO. You outplayed us yes I do agree, but on the other hand if our ST's coach has any brains what so ever we kick it deep and force a return, which would have knocked off at least 6 or 7 seconds instead of the completely ******** decision to squib it.

Our touchdown probably shouldn't have happened as we beat you to the sidelines, but we blew coverage as well and allowed you to get behind us to the corner, so that's a wash.

I thought it was a fairly evenly played game. It appeared we were going to let you move the ball and then hunker down in the red zone, which is a bit understandable with missing both starting CB's for a better part of the game. Your plan obviously was to blitz Orton and not allow him to get settled. Neither team made many mistakes today, neither team could really get the run game going, and both shat down their legs at the end of the game...You just had the last chance. ;)

Bosanac01
10-12-2008, 03:22 PM
You really didn't play better at all. Look at the box score, that game could have easily gone either way.

Please dont start, we killed ya, it wasnt even close.

The boxscore shows we kicked 5 FGs.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh and btw, another goal line stand was the deciding factor in this game.

And I also will say, Tommie Harris you are a jackass for fumbling away the fumble. You weren't even touched dude and it slips out of your hands, wtf lol.

iowatreat54
10-12-2008, 03:26 PM

wow really, I thought you were actually going to show some class after that first post, but it appears you just want to come here and brag about how awesome your team is after beating us on a last second FG

I would say the Falcons had the advantage, but don't make this seem like they dominated the entire game when if they had it wouldn't have been close

bearfan
10-12-2008, 03:26 PM

Yeah because killing us is winning w/ 1 second left. We stayed in the game long enough to where we had a chance to win, that is hardly killing us.

Bosanac01
10-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Im sure glad this is over, well we're better, come again.

k0ng
10-12-2008, 03:28 PM

I wouldn't call a 2 point win on a last second field goal killing anybody.

iowatreat54
not to mention all the stats you look at are nearly identical. Total yards, turnovers, TOP, almost everything is identical. Just because the Falcons can't score in the redzone and have to kick FGs doesn't mean they are more dominant

sweetness34

And this is the **** that pisses me off. You didn't "kill us." If you did it would have been a blow out. You outgained us.

The boxscore shows one thing, our red zone defense is really good as it has been the past 4 years. You think it's a coincidence that you couldn't get into the endzone in but 5 tries? Again it was pretty obvious our game plan, like it usually is to bend but don't break, look for turnovers, and stop the run. Then when we get backed up against the goal line, hold them to a FG.

If Harris holds on to the god damn football that negates a FG on your side. If we can punch it in from the goal line it's probably a different game. If your FG makes a chip shot it's a two score game. Both teams were fortunate to have a chance to win it IMO. Props to your QB for making a helluva throw and Elam for sacking up and winning the game but you didn't kill us.

Gay Ork Wang
Hey i didnt expect the bears to win it. But if he had kicked it deep, Tommie Harris not ******* fumbling by standing up or even made that fieldgoal instead of turning over on downs...

at least we might have found our QB who looked really really good. Also St.Clair looked good. He didnt give up one sack. It was mostly Orton getting the ball out fast, but still for being the best pass rusher ever, it was a nice game by him. Our offense looked really nice once they got rolling and got the ball some. They scored 2 Tds, 2 FGs, shouldve been 3 FGs, and they hardly had any punts in the 2nd half. The Defense lost the game. Although Vasher and Tillman were out, its all on our DL. We are really great against the run. But we need a pass rush. We need one.

regoob2
10-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Im sure glad this is over, well we're better, come again.
I still think we should have won this game on paper but it was close and I give the nod to home field.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Also playing in the Georgia Dome, aka the **** hole is a huge advantage as well with the crowd noise. I could barely hear the announcers when we had the ball.

I hate domes, I really do. They have no place in football. It's not why we lost, but I still hate them.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:31 PM
And yeah, I forgot about that. Where the hell was John "He's the Greatest Defensive Player in the League ZOMGZZZ" Abraham today? He couldn't beat John ******* St. Clair for a sack today?

Pretty pathetic if you ask me for a guy who Falcons fans feel is a dominant player.

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Also playing in the Georgia Dome, aka the **** hole is a huge advantage as well with the crowd noise. I could barely hear the announcers when we had the ball.

I hate domes, I really do. They have no place in football. It's not why we lost, but I still hate them.

absolutely agreed. Football is, was, and always should be an outdoor sport. I love snowy games especially.....

regoob2
10-12-2008, 03:32 PM

The boxscore shows we kicked 5 FGs.You didn't kill anyone. It doesnt matter how many yards you pass for if you cant get it in the end zone. You guys played your best game of the year and we played like **** and you won on a last second FG.

iowatreat54
10-12-2008, 03:35 PM
at least we have seen some improvement and consistency from Orton

BamaFalcon59
10-12-2008, 03:36 PM

You can't be serious. It was an amazing game, but we outplayed the Bears in every facet of the game.

Good luck with the rest of your season, unless we play in the playoffs.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-12-2008, 03:37 PM
He means killing you in these sense that we were playing much better throughout the majority of the game. I'm too lazy, but I could dig up many Bears posters saying the same thing during the game. Whatever. We won and should have. Good game, good luck, and good day sirs.

BamaFalcon59
10-12-2008, 03:37 PM
And yeah, I forgot about that. Where the hell was John "He's the Greatest Defensive Player in the League ZOMGZZZ" Abraham today? He couldn't beat John ******* St. Clair for a sack today?

Pretty pathetic if you ask me for a guy who Falcons fans feel is a dominant player.

Our line got pressure all day. Noone on our defensive line played badly.

Shane P. Hallam
10-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Hey now, does anyone remember my post from before? I'm going to start banning people here.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Orton still needs that deep ball though to be consistent. Some of his fade passes weren't very good. Give the guy a chance to go up and get it, aka get some air under it. That and he stares down that pattern too much.

If he can find the deep ball, he's got a future as a starting QB. He looked strong today, no doubt about it. But aye, that deep ball isn't good.

Btw, 3-3 isn't really all that bad, although we should be at least 4-2 if we could close of a ******* game. 4 road games out of 6 is a tough haul for a team early, especially when you play teams that have good records. I believe Indy, Carolina, Tampa, Philly, and Atlanta all have winning records right now.

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Good news: Next 3 games at home

regoob2
10-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Our line got pressure all day. Noone on our defensive line played badly.Abraham didnt.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Our line got pressure all day. Noone on our defensive line played badly.

Against John St. Clair he should have gotten sacks.

And "outplaying" and "killing" are two completely different things. I will agree you "outplayed" us but you didn't "kill" us.

Again you come into our threat and talk ****, get that crap out of here and post with some class. Congrats, all you Falcon believers that were claiming your team wasn't getting respect beat us, but the game could have gone either way, and you might have been sitting in your threat crying about how you should have won.

Our game plan again, was to allow you to move the ball to a certain point. It's not a coincidence we gave you FG's and you couldn't punch it in. I don't really agree with it when we are healthy but without two starting CB's that's what you have to do. But don't act like this game wasn't close.

You don't "kill a team" and win on a last second field goal.

iowatreat54
10-12-2008, 03:44 PM
yea his deep ball is hilariously ugly, but by consistent I meant he has been throwing for a lot of yards and been mistake free, and is showing better judgment overall...obviously if he wants to move forward at all he needs to be able to throw deep better, but at this point in the season I'm more than happy with his performance

regoob2
10-12-2008, 03:44 PM
You can't be serious. It was an amazing game, but we outplayed the Bears in every facet of the game.

Good luck with the rest of your season, unless we play in the playoffs.
You dominated the first half but you still out put up 9 points.

Smokey Joe
10-12-2008, 03:45 PM
sweetness, will you for once and for all shut the **** up about the deep ball? My god, it is getting way too ******* old. Orton's deep ball is the least of our worries right now.

Gay Ork Wang
Imagine we had peanut and Vasher :/

bearfan
I agree, Orton needs to work on his fade patterns. There is a problem when a 6'5 TE like Olsen is having the ball broken up by a 5'10 CB.
And I thought he stared down his recievers today too, like his head was on 1/2 a swivel.Not that Orton played badly, just something he can work on.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:47 PM
It's like the Illini game yesterday, we outgained them by over 200 yards but Minnesota made the plays to win the game and we didn't.

The Falcons outgained us but you didn't kill us. And I'll even give you edge in that you outplayed us, as you were more consistent on both sides of the ball. But on the road, those are games we have to win. Keep it as close as possible and see if we can come out with a win.

One thing though; Abraham isn't the best defensive player in the league and Turner isn't the best RB. Both are damn good players but when faced with a challenge (although St. Clair isn't much of a challenge) they don't put up ridiculous numbers.

Ryan made me a believer though. Good god. Some of those passes and plays he was able to make made me shake my head in disbelief. Hats off to him, kid can play.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:49 PM
sweetness, will you for once and for all shut the **** up about the deep ball? My god, it is getting way too ******* old. Orton's deep ball is the least of our worries right now.

No it's not because it's still a problem. Two of his fades to the endzone weren't close, he missed Hester down the field...And if you would open your damn eyes and read my posts I said Orton played a very strong game, I would just like to see more consistency with his deep ball.

Take your damn midol smokey.

regoob2
10-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Why? He has poor deep ball accuracy, there is no doubting that. He is off on almost every deep throw. Not by a ton and our WRs still catch'em but it's still off. He could have made better throws to Booker and Olsen in the end zone. Even the pass to Davis for the TD was late and under thrown.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:50 PM
yea his deep ball is hilariously ugly, but by consistent I meant he has been throwing for a lot of yards and been mistake free, and is showing better judgment overall...obviously if he wants to move forward at all he needs to be able to throw deep better, but at this point in the season I'm more than happy with his performance

Oh I agree, his passes down the field were spot on. But he still can't "stretch" a defense with a bomb. And that's the only thing he's missing.

I think it's time for Tuner to open up the playbook and start going down field more. Orton proved today he could move this team.

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Okay can we blame this lose on our defense?

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh and I'll happily take my serving of crow. Orton proved me wrong today. Atlanta isn't a great defense but under pressure Orton led us back, and should have won this game if not for a damn squib kick and a let down in coverage.

Gay Ork Wang
oh can we pls stop giving McKie the ball?

regoob2
No it was a team effort. Our pass rush maybe.

Smokey Joe
10-12-2008, 03:53 PM
No it's not because it's still a problem. Two of his fades to the endzone weren't close, he missed Hester down the field...And if you would open your damn eyes and read my posts I said Orton played a very strong game, I would just like to see more consistency with his deep ball.

Take your damn midol smokey.
Does it need work? Sure it does. But to ***** about it right now when there were much bigger reasons for the L is plain silly.

iowatreat54
Oh I agree, his passes down the field were spot on. But he still can't "stretch" a defense with a bomb. And that's the only thing he's missing.

I think it's time for Tuner to open up the playbook and start going down field more. Orton proved today he could move this team.

completely agree...now that the offense has shown they are somewhat competent, Turner needs to start spicing things up on offense if we want to keep moving forward...unfortunately, I don't trust Turner is smart enough to make logical steps forward

bearsfan_51
Honestly if we are going to say there was one area where we failed it would be special teams, although the failure of the defense to come up with one sack or turnover is pretty sorry too.

bearsfan_51
10-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I really hope more people are starting to come around to the fact that we really need to draft more pass rush this year.

iowatreat54
Honestly if we are going to say there was one area where we failed it would be special teams, although the failure of the defense to come up with one sack or turnover is pretty sorry too.

hey, we had a fumble recovery

sweetness34

And on our ST's coach. We were without two starting CB's though for most of the game which hurt. I guarantee we are more aggressive with both Peanut and Vasher in there.

But yes, we had ZERO pass rush, ZERO turnovers (thank you Tommie), the quick slant beat us every time, and they let down when it mattered the most (again). They did completely shut down Turner and Norwood though which was nice to see but yea, the offense gave them the lead with 6 seconds left and they lost it. That cannot happen in a prevent defense.

And while Tuob is a great coach week in and week out, he made a very bad decision. Thankfully this happened early so hopefully we can recover from it but damn, this one sucks. :(

Smokey Joe
10-12-2008, 03:55 PM
No it was a team effort. Our pass rush maybe.
Team effort? I felt that our offense played pretty damn well considering how the O didn't actually get the ball until the 2nd half. The only fault on our offense I can see are those two dumbass calls at the goalline that cost us a TD.

bearsfan_51
hey, we had a fumble recovery

Which we promptly gave back, that's a negative in my book.

regoob2
Tillman forces all our TOs.

Smokey Joe
10-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Tommie at least showed some signs of life today, even though he ******* ruined a TO for us.

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2008, 03:56 PM
I feel like after seeing this game the biggest need are 1-2 mauler line man and a pass rush just like CB depth. Id be fine with not drafting a QB in the first few rounds

regoob2
10-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Team effort? I felt that our offense played pretty damn well considering how the O didn't actually get the ball until the 2nd half. The only fault on our offense I can see are those two dumbass calls at the goalline that cost us a TD.
That's because our O sucked in the first half. If we would have gotten at least another FG in the first half we win.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Does it need work? Sure it does. But to ***** about it right now when there were much bigger reasons for the L is plain silly.

I didn't blame the loss on the deep ball, good lord ******* read dude lol. I said, if Orton can get his deep ball down, he's a starting QB in this league plain and simple. I didn't blame the loss on him, I didn't say it cost us the game, I didn't say he flat out missed throws. I said the fades and the deep ball should have been better throws. He made the right reads on the two fades to Olsen and Booker, he also made a good read to Hester down the field. A better throw possibly equates to a touchdown but at least give our guy a chance to go and get it.

I'm thankful Orton brought us back, he deserves the win because that throw to Davis was awesome. He proved me wrong as well as a lot of other people.

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2008, 03:59 PM
That's because our O sucked in the first half. If we would have gotten at least another FG in the first half we win.
They only had the ball for 9 minutes. They scored on all offensive drives but 4 drives i believe, 1 was because they were trailing

Smokey Joe
10-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Luckily for us, we will still be tied for 1st place. However, we have a rough 10 games coming up, and it's gonna be tough as hell to win 6 of those, IMO. And even if we do win 6, there's no guarantee that 9 W's gets us into the playoffs.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 04:00 PM
If "ifs and "buts" were candy and nuts every day would be christmas. Point is, our offense came back and took the lead. The defense and special teams let down.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Luckily for us, we will still be tied for 1st place. However, we have a rough 10 games coming up, and it's gonna be tough as hell to win 6 of those, IMO. And even if we do win 6, there's no guarantee that 9 W's gets us into the playoffs.

In our division, I think it does. Detroit is horrid. Minnesota isn't much better. Green Bay is as inconsistent as Lance Bass' erections. Right now I think we look the strongest of the North teams.

And our first 6 games were no cake walk either.

Smokey Joe
Our O sucked in the 1st half because the D never got them the ball. They were out there once every 7 minutes or so. There was no way for the O to get into any rhythm.

Gay Ork Wang
well we can win against the Rams and the lions as well as the Texans. We should win at least 1 against the packers and the vikings. If the vikings play like they did against the lions we wills sweep them. Titans i doubt kinda getting the win but saints as well as jaguars are winnable games. I think we have a good shot at getting 6 wins

Smokey Joe
10-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, division games can go either way, and our games vs. Minnesota and Green Bay will determine our season (well, I guess I'm stating the obvious here).

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Well, division games can go either way, and our games vs. Minnesota and Green Bay will determine our season (well, I guess I'm stating the obvious here).
yea but at the moment it looks pretty good for us. Id say a 60-70% chance that we win the division. I cant see the other 2 teams win 10 games

Bearsfan123
10-12-2008, 04:43 PM
What I saw:

1: Defense needs to learn how to finish: Not just games, but drives. Third downs killed us. They have not gotten off the field, and they havent closed out games. Pathetic pathetic pathetic. I want some tough love from our coaches and just ***** them out. Then have them run, and run, and run.

2.Pass rush is dead: Ogun, where are you? Tommie, you have disappointed me, Mark Anderson, jesus. Alex Brown, okay, you have been your normal self. We need help, badly.

3. Interior Push: Did Kreutz stop caring? Garza, Beekman need to be replaced. And if one isnt poor Forte is gonna have a poor start to his career. We get no push in the running game and it is sad we cant pick up one friggin yard. (Option: Maybe put Buenning in?)

4.Pass Protection: Matt Ryan had a 5 yard cushion in all directions while Orton had 2 inches to breathe. St. Clair had better feel his seat getting warm, because when Chris Williams gets healthy and conditioned, my vote says put him in.

Positives:
1. Orton is for real. Is he the answer? No, but he is definately a guy we can keep around as a starter and be happy with the Ws. The Great Neckbeard hopefully converted the rest of you. He doesnt have a great deep ball but he moves the offense and thats what I want to see.

2. Forte is the man. He just makes plays. Somehow he picks up yards when his line does nothing for him. Somehow he makes people miss in the open field. He just is a great player. TJ version 2.0. And that makes me very happy.

3.Run Defense: a couple big runs here and there, but none over 30 and for the most part we have held our own against the run. LBs, Dusty, Payne all have been helpful in keeping those backs from getting too far.

4. Garret Wolfe- Surprise, a guy who will do what it takes on ST. He caught Jerious Norwood, and made that good return to put us in good field position. If we keep him for nothing else, ST is definately his calling card.

5. Cb depth: Hamilton did not impress me, (missing the INT in the endzone) but overall Graham was solid and McBride is a decent backup.

blkwdw13
10-12-2008, 05:28 PM
What I saw:

1: Defense needs to learn how to finish: Not just games, but drives. Third downs killed us. They have not gotten off the field, and they havent closed out games. Pathetic pathetic pathetic. I want some tough love from our coaches and just ***** them out. Then have them run, and run, and run.

2.Pass rush is dead: Ogun, where are you? Tommie, you have disappointed me, Mark Anderson, jesus. Alex Brown, okay, you have been your normal self. We need help, badly.

3. Interior Push: Did Kreutz stop caring? Garza, Beekman need to be replaced. And if one isnt poor Forte is gonna have a poor start to his career. We get no push in the running game and it is sad we cant pick up one friggin yard. (Option: Maybe put Buenning in?)

4.Pass Protection: Matt Ryan had a 5 yard cushion in all directions while Orton had 2 inches to breathe. St. Clair had better feel his seat getting warm, because when Chris Williams gets healthy and conditioned, my vote says put him in.

Positives:
1. Orton is for real. Is he the answer? No, but he is definately a guy we can keep around as a starter and be happy with the Ws. The Great Neckbeard hopefully converted the rest of you. He doesnt have a great deep ball but he moves the offense and thats what I want to see.

2. Forte is the man. He just makes plays. Somehow he picks up yards when his line does nothing for him. Somehow he makes people miss in the open field. He just is a great player. TJ version 2.0. And that makes me very happy.

3.Run Defense: a couple big runs here and there, but none over 30 and for the most part we have held our own against the run. LBs, Dusty, Payne all have been helpful in keeping those backs from getting too far.

4. Garret Wolfe- Surprise, a guy who will do what it takes on ST. He caught Jerious Norwood, and made that good return to put us in good field position. If we keep him for nothing else, ST is definately his calling card.

5. Cb depth: Hamilton did not impress me, (missing the INT in the endzone) but overall Graham was solid and McBride is a decent backup.

I think you forgot to mention how bad Tait has been, at least in my opinion he has been as bad as Miller was last year.

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2008, 05:36 PM
maybe Right Tackle is just that hard to play

Monomach
10-12-2008, 09:36 PM
After this game, I'm on the Orton bandwagon. He's not going to be Peyton Manning, but he's going to be good enough for us to win a lot of games once the team is complete. I'm pretty relived that it's looking like we can scratch QB off of the list of needs.

Right now, we need a #1 receiver, a starting Right Tackle, and someone who can put serious pressure on opposing QBs. Once we have that, it's Super Bowl time.

During the offseason, the only really intriguing free agent wideout is Houshmandzadeh, but I don't think the Bengals will let him go. He's a number two receiver, but he'd obviously be our #1. I think we're going to end up hoping for someone to fall to us in the draft.

At DE there's Julius Peppers.
At Right Tackle, there's Mark Tauscher.

We should probably try to get Tauscher on a 3 or 4 year contract and use our second rounder on a DE.

awfullyquiet
10-12-2008, 10:13 PM
During the offseason, the only really intriguing free agent wideout is Houshmandzadeh, but I don't think the Bengals will let him go. He's a number two receiver, but he'd obviously be our #1. I think we're going to end up hoping for someone to fall to us in the draft.

Housh is a number 1 receiver. Just a number 2 behind chad ocho cinco.

This was a turrible game. Turrible. God. When you go from laughing so hard to crying the next minute. I wanted to break up with myself.

regoob2
10-12-2008, 10:28 PM
After this game, I'm on the Orton bandwagon. He's not going to be Peyton Manning, but he's going to be good enough for us to win a lot of games once the team is complete. I'm pretty relived that it's looking like we can scratch QB off of the list of needs.

Right now, we need a #1 receiver, a starting Right Tackle, and someone who can put serious pressure on opposing QBs. Once we have that, it's Super Bowl time.

At DE there's Julius Peppers.
At Right Tackle, there's Mark Tauscher.

We should probably try to get Tauscher on a 3 or 4 year contract and use our second rounder on a DE.Suggs should also be considered. Hopefully Roy Williams doesnt get tagged.

bearfan
10-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Suggs should also be considered. Hopefully Roy Williams doesnt get tagged.

I wouldnt want Williams on the team ever. He is inconsistant, and he is a baby. You saw that during our game, and the commentators said its been going on all season

Monomach
10-12-2008, 11:49 PM
I wouldnt want Williams on the team ever. He is inconsistant, and he is a baby. You saw that during our game, and the commentators said its been going on all season

I left Williams off of the list because there's no way Lovie or Angelo would ever add a guy to the roster who'd cry about the number of balls thrown his way. You're absolutely right. He'd never make it on this team.

Suggs I overlooked. He should be on the list, too.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-12-2008, 11:55 PM
I left Williams off of the list because there's no way Lovie or Angelo would ever add a guy to the roster who'd cry about the number of balls thrown his way. You're absolutely right. He'd never make it on this team.

Roy Williams would fit in perfectly here. He is so much better than anything we have it's ridiculous. He wants the ball and we do not have enough guys like that. I am confident Lovie & Jerry would love to have him on board if he signed for a reasonable contract -- unfortunately I do not think we will have any cap room after the Hester signing.

Roy went for 1,300 yards in 2006. That was not a fluke. Do you think he is inconsistent or the team is just bad? He is playing for a disaster of a franchise and in just an awful offense. I would be pissed too If I was playing for the Lions.

Isn't Suggs best fit for a 3-4 defense?

bearsfan_51
10-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Why do people even bother having these discussions?

Does anyone actually think we're going to break the bank for a free agent this offseason? I'd put the odds of it at about 3%.

It's such a waste of breath.

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 05:33 AM
The Bears opted for a squib kick with :11 to play after Jerious Norwood had returned Robbie Gould’s previous kickoff 85 yards to the Chicago 17. Plus several members of the coverage unit were playing out of position after defensive backs Charles Tillman (shoulder), Danieal Manning (hamstring) and Trumaine McBride (shoulder) exited with injuries.
Oh lol, we were playing with CB#5 and CB#6

Geo
10-13-2008, 10:44 AM
I checked the box score, the Falcons' third down efficiency was 6/14 (42%). I thought it would be much worse than that, from some of the comments I read.

awfullyquiet
10-13-2008, 11:09 AM

See.
Part of it may be the fact he's in detroit.

And 51. I wouldn't rule it out. I mean we have made major FA acquisitions in the past.

bearsfan_51
10-13-2008, 11:31 AM
We made major acquisitions in 2004 because Lovie Smith and Terry Shea desperately needed playmakers for their schemes, and we had like 30 million in cap room. We were starting Qasim Mitchell at LT for christ's sake.

We have spent a lot on bonuses in the past 2 years and the talent level on the team is pretty strong, it's not gonna happen.

bearsfan_51
10-13-2008, 11:33 AM
I checked the box score, the Falcons' third down efficiency was 6/14 (42%). I thought it would be much worse than that, from some of the comments I read.

That number is a little skewed because they had a few 3 and outs late in the game.

The most troublesome thing isn't that they converted on 3rd down, it's that they converted on 3rd and 10+

They couldn't run the ball all game, and that didn't effect their offense at all because they kept converting long passes. The pass rush was pathetic all game long.

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 11:52 AM
seriously, watching that game, on one drive i believe he had 3 3rd and 8+ yards and they just ran a slant and got the first down

awfullyquiet
10-13-2008, 12:19 PM
seriously, watching that game, on one drive i believe he had 3 3rd and 8+ yards and they just ran a slant and got the first down

What do we do! OH noes.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I thought I heard on a post game show that Ryan was 6/6 on 3rd & 9 or longer..

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 12:31 PM
I cant believe that we kept it that close with that Practice Squad Secondary

sweetness34
10-13-2008, 02:08 PM
We need Vash and Tillman to be healthy but at the same token, we should have won that game. There are no excuses. Offense scores with 13 seconds left and our defense can't hold, there is no excuse.

Which is why I say with a fully healthy team, we can do something this year. Dallas isn't ****. The Giants haven't played anyone thus far. Washington is Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. We knocked off Philly. Carolina got smacked by a team we should have beaten.

Any week could be your week in this conference. Which is why I'm not that down about the Atlanta loss. Tons of football to be played still. And all we need to do is get into the playoffs, because stranger things can happen (like the last three SB winners being Wild Card Teams I believe).

bearsfan_51
10-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Any week could be your week in this conference. Which is why I'm not that down about the Atlanta loss. Tons of football to be played still. And all we need to do is get into the playoffs, because stranger things can happen (like the last three SB winners being Wild Card Teams I believe).
Colts weren't. Neither were the Patriots. Fail.

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 02:32 PM
wait. The Steelers and Giants were only the Colts werent

Geo
10-13-2008, 03:25 PM
'05 Steelers, #6 seed.
'06 Colts, #3 seed.
'07 Giants, #5 seed.

regoob2
10-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Also is it just me or is the Atl team forum blocked for anyone else?

sweetness34
10-13-2008, 07:40 PM

Shut up. ;)

Two of the last 3 were though weren't they? I know the Giants were, and I'm pretty sure the Steelers were too.

And the Colts had to win two straight road games to get into the SB, they didn't have the first round bye.

I was close, haha.

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Also is it just me or is the Atl team forum blocked for anyone else?
just you, i can still get in