PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Jackson as a 4-3 undertackle?

AkiliSmith
10-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Do you think he could do it? He may be a tad tall but he has the quickness and stoutness at the point to pull it off I think. I've been working on a mock and he always seems to fall to the Colts' pick.

Just curious what everybody thinks.

keylime_5
10-07-2008, 04:38 PM
I think he could be for sure in Indy's system. They use Raheem Brock who is abut as quick but not as big and strong as Jackson. For a team like Jacksonville or the Giants though he'd be better off as a base end and a tackle on passing downs.

Dam8610
10-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I think he could work as a UT for Indy. He has the size for it.

ChiFan24
10-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Hell, he can be a nose tackle for Indy.

STARHEATHER
10-07-2008, 07:54 PM
hes going to be a solid possibly great 3-4 end. hes been playing out of position his whole career. hes perfect for that spot. i dont like him as a 4-3 tackle. not enough sand in the pants and bulk

Paranoidmoonduck
10-07-2008, 08:38 PM
He uses his hands really well and gets off the ball nicely, but I'd have to see him take snaps at it before reaching any kind of conclusion. Battling inside and battling outside are really different jobs, and considering that Jackson was pushed around at times last year (although he looks much better this year), I have my doubts.

Physically, he definitely warrants a shot. Hopefully someone tries him there at the Senior Bowl.