PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter Cut

DeathbyStat
03-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I knew it would happen as a I steeler fan I feel a little sad....I know every one hates this guy but I'll always have a soft spot for him.

Sveen
03-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Not a big surprise since he wouldn't have fit in the new 4-3. I think some team will be very happy to get him though. Replacement for Adelius Thomas in Baltimore? :D

Eaglez.Fan
03-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Kind of a suprise to me I expected him to stay withe the new coaching staff

and copy this directly into your sig

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/darnik45/Jarvis-Moss.jpg

Without the spaces at the sides

Larry
03-01-2007, 03:29 PM
I wonder if the Niners go after him also.

eliteeagle
03-01-2007, 03:29 PM
as far away from cleveland as possible please.....i think dallas sounds good lol

BigDawg819
03-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Good I hate him as do all Ravens fans!!!!!!!!!

Number 10
03-01-2007, 03:49 PM

If they don't get Thomas, I see that as a legit possibility.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Very good move by the Steelers in my mind. I'm not to big on Porter. He used to be a very good player but he declined last year to the point where he wasn't worth the money. Plus he thought he was underpaid and was probably going to holdout. We didn't have much cap space and a move like this had to be made to open some room.

This and the resigning of Aaron Smith make our biggest need clearly at OLB.

diabsoule
03-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I don't think it was a bad move by the Steelers but it did save them money. Have they stated that they are changing to the 4-3 or are they sticking with the 3-4?

bigbluedefense
03-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Victor Abriamiri?

I can't wait to see the 4-3 in Pittsburgh. I don't know why, I just want to see it. And Im a 3-4 junky too.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I don't think it was a bad move by the Steelers but it did save them money. Have they stated that they are changing to the 4-3 or are they sticking with the 3-4?

After keeping Lebeau and signing Smith back this offseason it looks like 3-4 for a little atleast. They've been really quiet about what system they're gonna run.

We really won't know until FA or the draft when they take players that fit a scheme.

BlindSite
03-01-2007, 03:58 PM
the 49ers would be redicufied at OLB with him there.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Not a big surprise since he wouldn't have fit in the new 4-3. I think some team will be very happy to get him though. Replacement for Adelius Thomas in Baltimore? :D

He wasn't cut cause he didn't fit the system. He was cut because he is old and overpaid.

BigDawg819
03-01-2007, 04:03 PM

I'm sure there would be riots in the streets of Baltimore if they signed Porter...

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm sure there would be riots in the streets of Baltimore if they signed Porter...

Trade you Porter for Thomas

The Unseen
03-01-2007, 04:15 PM
This amuses me. Once a loudmouth, now on the streets.

Although, I haven't seen a link yet, so is this like Jamal Lewis where they didn't want to pay the roster bonus but wouldn't mind having him anyways, or is there no chance Joey's a Steeler next year?

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Porter will not be a Steeler next year. They didn't cut him just to avoid a bonus. They cut him to get rid of his salary. He will not be back.

Somehow I don't see him as the kind of person to just forgive and forget either.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Too bad Joey can't get knocked on his ass by Winslow next year, I hope he goes to a team we play just so Winslow can destroy him.

Grizzlegom
03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
there is zero chance he is a steeler next year. im kinda surprised by this and kinda not surprised. i thought they would let him finish his contract but i guess they like what they see in harrison.

on a side note, i guess the NFL network will have to stop airing the commercial that has him talking about his draft day experience where the cowboys were supposedly going to take him and it was the best choice cause now hes there with the steelers.

mikehop05
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Too bad Joey can't get knocked on his ass by Winslow next year, I hope he goes to a team we play just so Winslow can destroy him.

you are kidding right?

Caddy
03-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Porter will not be a Steeler next year. They didn't cut him just to avoid a bonus. They cut him to get rid of his salary. He will not be back.

Somehow I don't see him as the kind of person to just forgive and forget either.

They could try and get him back on the cheap

Staubach12
03-01-2007, 04:39 PM
It's not really that big of a surprise to me. You knew it was going to happen. Right now, I would peg San Fransisco as the most probable destination.

Shiver
03-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Miami to re-unite with Dom Capers is what I am hearing. He on one side, Jason Taylor on the other.

Chucky
03-01-2007, 04:58 PM
the transformation to 4-3 tampa 2 defence has begun

DeathbyStat
03-01-2007, 05:14 PM

Maybe Winslow can blow out his knee again the third times the charm I hear.

Grizzlegom
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Miami to re-unite with Dom Capers is what I am hearing. He on one side, Jason Taylor on the other.

.......he never played for capers so how could he be re-united?

capers was on the jaguars staff when porter got drafted...

DeathbyStat
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
there is zero chance he is a steeler next year. im kinda surprised by this and kinda not surprised. i thought they would let him finish his contract but i guess they like what they see in harrison.

on a side note, i guess the NFL network will have to stop airing the commercial that has him talking about his draft day experience where the cowboys were supposedly going to take him and it was the best choice cause now hes there with the steelers.

Funny I could see in a Cowboys uniform next year...TO and one side porter on the other what a team.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Just because Porter was cut doesn't mean squat. Tomlin, Colbert and LeBeau have stated they are staying with the 3-4 and the Prospects they interviewed were being interviewed as 3-4 candidates.

HOWEVER,

I can see Tomlin/Colbert going BPA on DL/LB and just seeing what he has after the draft and designing the defensive alignment then

terribletowel39
03-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Good I hate him as do all Ravens fans!!!!!!!!!

yea cuz he has been slaughtering your qb for the past couple of years. :D

terribletowel39
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
you are kidding right?

no he is not kidding. he is a cleveland browns fan. lets leave him alone. let him live in his little world.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 05:39 PM
no he is not kidding. he is a cleveland browns fan. lets leave him alone. let him live in his little world.

You know your a fan of a bad team, when you cling onto 1 missed tackle as a messiah or something.

Winslow was bound to do something right eventually I mean, he's had two years rest...

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
you are kidding right?

http://www.dailymotion.com/marcuspowerade/video/xrrnl_winslow-punks-porter

No, I am not.

terribletowel39
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
You know your a fan of a bad team, when you cling onto 1 missed tackle as a messiah or something.

Winslow was bound to do something right eventually I mean, he's had two years rest...

i know right. anytime joey porters name comes up, this guy pops up and says the exact samething. all 88 of his post are the same thing.

EDIT: 103 post. sorry even better.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 05:44 PM

If you mean 2 years rehab on a messed up leg, ok.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 05:45 PM
i know right. anytime joey porters name comes up, this guy pops up and says the exact samething. all 88 of his post are the same thing.

EDIT: 103 post. sorry even better.

Yeah all of my posts go to bashing Porter... MMMHMMM

I just don't like the guy, I see a thread about him, expect me to comment.

49erfaithful
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM

Then we would have a pretty solid LB core

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
For those of you doubting Harrison's ability to takeover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MwpFrIo_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGAXPu0v8x4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Am7QJ0Zoto

Theres another hit that I couldn't find on a Jaguar.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 05:49 PM
WHAT!!!??? NO!!!!! Who's mom am I gonna insult, and who am I gonna give the finger too now when the Steelers come to town......this is a tragedy!

terribletowel39
03-01-2007, 05:49 PM

i do. i fully expect you to put your 2 cents in. but next time come up with another play, like the one where we beat yall 41-0 or the one where your quaterback fumbles the ball 4-5 times a game b/c of porter. pick one of those plays. not the same one, it is getting old.

sup3rk1ng
03-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Then we would have a pretty solid LB core

Porter or Thomas, I'll take either. We'd have a pretty good group with Moore, Thomas/porter and Lawson. We're going to need someone to compete with derek smith incase he doesn't recover well from his eye injury. If we get either, we can focus on d-line with our first pick(carriker/branch?), so these guys can get an easier release to the qb.

Ravens1991
03-01-2007, 05:54 PM
I wanted to see a Jamal VS. Joey re-match after this

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_833889.jpg

But I guess it isnt gonna happen.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 05:56 PM
It will happen but Jamal will be playin for someone else and Joey will be playin for someone else! :)

Ravens1991
03-01-2007, 05:59 PM
haha, but I guess I will miss Joey in a way he got the fans pumped for the game.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
So are they officially a 4-3 team or still a 4-3?

niel89
03-01-2007, 06:51 PM
So are they officially a 4-3 team or still a 4-3?

as stated earlier the are 3-4 for this year

niel89
03-01-2007, 06:55 PM
yea cuz he has been slaughtering your qb for the past couple of years. :D

last years sack totals for joey porter against the ravens: 0
steelers wins last year against the ravens: 0

:D:

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Good, now there's competition against Thomas so he won't break the bank as much and maybe the Packers can get Thomas:)

Santos-Stanton47
03-01-2007, 07:04 PM
PLEASE GOD! send him to Belichick

i think he has 4 years left at least

that would be amazing

Colvin/prospect and Porter...OH MY!!!

terribletowel39
03-01-2007, 07:14 PM
last years sack totals for joey porter against the ravens: 0
steelers wins last year against the ravens: 0

:D:

a down year....:(.....come on now, you can not deny he has been a beast.

KILLERSANTA
03-01-2007, 07:16 PM
as far away from cleveland as possible please.....i think dallas sounds good lol

Nooo...Dallas has enough overrated players!!!!

niel89
03-01-2007, 07:23 PM
a down year....:(.....come on now, you can not deny he has been a beast.

no i agree he was a damn good LB for a while. i like the steelers as my 3rd team.

i have to rub it in your face though as a ravens fan :D

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 07:23 PM

The best part was Pittsburghs redemption. The fact that 2 plays after Winslow threw Porter.. Little FS Anthony Smith knocked Winslow into next season, making him drop the pass and forget his name. Ahh isn't Karma grand.

Just because you don't like a player doesn't mean you have to put in a worthless input. How is "Aww How is Winslow going to get lucky and make 1 good play against a good player now... He did it once, maybe he could make a good play again" everytime someone brings up Joey Porter.

Brownsfans.. haha.

niel89
03-01-2007, 07:27 PM
^agreed. Brownsfans

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 07:30 PM
no i agree he was a damn good LB for a while. i like the steelers as my 3rd team.

Although, couldn't a Steelers fan rub it in a Ravens fans face that they are losing a possible better talent?

If so, I guess neither of us have much to laugh about.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 07:40 PM
i do. i fully expect you to put your 2 cents in. but next time come up with another play, like the one where we beat yall 41-0 or the one where your quaterback fumbles the ball 4-5 times a game b/c of porter. pick one of those plays. not the same one, it is getting old.

The Browns suck, thats obvious, it's just fun to post Porter getting slammed into the ground because he runs his mouth so much.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 07:42 PM
The best part was Pittsburghs redemption. The fact that 2 plays after Winslow threw Porter.. Little FS Anthony Smith knocked Winslow into next season, making him drop the pass and forget his name. Ahh isn't Karma grand.

Just because you don't like a player doesn't mean you have to put in a worthless input. How is "Aww How is Winslow going to get lucky and make 1 good play against a good player now... He did it once, maybe he could make a good play again" everytime someone brings up Joey Porter.

Brownsfans.. haha.

One good play? More like 89 receptions 875 yards, thats one good play of many, he was our only bright spot on offense all year.

NFLBOY
03-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I hated the signing of our new idiot head coach and I hate it even more now. This is gonna come back and bite us big time. How I can't stand Tomlin and he hasn't even coached a game yet. It's gonna be a long season with this moron as a coach.

NFLBOY
03-01-2007, 07:47 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/marcuspowerade/video/xrrnl_winslow-punks-porter

No, I am not. Wow. That was real impressive. Guess I don't see what was so great about that play. Of course when your a clowns fan, I guess you have to get excited about something.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I hated the signing of our new idiot head coach and I hate it even more now. This is gonna come back and bite us big time. How I can't stand Tomlin and he hasn't even coached a game yet. It's gonna be a long season with this moron as a coach.

I bet you would have said the same about Cowher when he was hired.

Give him a chance. He has made 2 big moves as the coach and I've like both of them. (signing Aaron Smith to a 4 year deal and cutting Porter)

Lets give him some time before deciding we hate him just cause he's not Whis.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 07:50 PM
One good play? More like 89 receptions 875 yards, thats one good play of many, he was our only bright spot on offense all year.

My bright spot was when 190lb Anthony Smith made 7 of your recievers drop passes. 2 by Winslow.

NFLBOY
03-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I bet you would have said the same about Cowher when he was hired.

Give him a chance. He has made 2 big moves as the coach and I've like both of them. (signing Aaron Smith to a 4 year deal and cutting Porter)

Lets give him some time before deciding we hate him just cause he's not Whis. I loved the Cowher signing, and don't care if we didn't sign whiz. I just hate the fact we signed a guy who has no clue about the steelers. At least Cowher knew what the Steelers were about. I would love for me to be wrong about Tomlin, but I'm afraid I won't be. This just proves he doesn't understand Steelers football. Porter had a down year fronm what he usually has, but he led us in sacks had a couple of int's and was a very vocal leader. Now we don't have that big leader on D. Thankyou very much Tomlin.

cunningham06
03-01-2007, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Jets. At this point in his career, I don't see him wanting to play DE, and he would not be a good fit at LB in a 4-3 Defense. The Pats may express interest but I don't see him going there. Chargers are also possible, but I'm thinking Jets.

niel89
03-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Although, couldn't a Steelers fan rub it in a Ravens fans face that they are losing a possible better talent?

If so, I guess neither of us have much to laugh about.

yeah really :(

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Kamerion Wimbley plays the same position and is better than Porter was last year, I dont want the dude on Cleveland, but i dont think thats an option.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Jets. At this point in his career, I don't see him wanting to play DE, and he would not be a good fit at LB in a 4-3 Defense. The Pats may express interest but I don't see him going there. Chargers are also possible, but I'm thinking Jets.

This I believe is misunderstanding. I think Porter could very well be a solid if not pretty stellar 4-3 OLB. I don't know if he'd be a Sam or Will. I'm leaning towards Sam as he's a solid Pass Rusher and he's even better in coverage. I mean he single handedly beat the Dolphins in the season opener.

He's big/Powerful enough to rush the passer, but quick enough to cover the TE. I think he'd be an exceptional 4-3.. in fact, he might be better in the 4-3 because of him aging, he'll still be solid, in fact he might see another pro-bowl or 2 in a 4-3.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Kamerion Wimbley plays the same position and is better than Porter was last year, I dont want the dude on Cleveland, but i dont think thats an option.

... Wow a young sizeable DE... without injury problems had 1 season better than an aging vet. Call the Press Folks.

Seriously, Porter > McGinnest and in a healthy year he'd flat out smoke Wimbley.

You browns fans are funny.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 08:52 PM
"... Wow a young sizeable DE... without injury problems had 1 season better than an aging vet. Call the Press Folks.

Seriously, Porter > McGinnest and in a healthy year he'd flat out smoke Wimbley.

You browns fans are funny."

I said Wimbley was better last year, you dont have to call the police on me because it was a 100% true statement. Your insinuating my comment to involve his career in which was un called for on your part.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 08:52 PM
I loved the Cowher signing, and don't care if we didn't sign whiz. I just hate the fact we signed a guy who has no clue about the steelers. At least Cowher knew what the Steelers were about. I would love for me to be wrong about Tomlin, but I'm afraid I won't be. This just proves he doesn't understand Steelers football. Porter had a down year fronm what he usually has, but he led us in sacks had a couple of int's and was a very vocal leader. Now we don't have that big leader on D. Thankyou very much Tomlin.

You do realize that this wasn't all Tomlin. Colbert wouldn't let Tomlin just come in and cut a player that he thought was useful. The organization agreed that Porter wasn't worth the money/hassle and thats why he was cut.

Tomlin is enough of Steelers football for me. He believe in running the ball and stopping the run. Same exact thing as the Steelers, just different methods.

cunningham06
03-01-2007, 08:55 PM
We'll see, I've never thought he would be particularly effective as a 4-3 OLB. He does a good job in coverage but if that is a more common duty for him I doubt he would be as effective. He has the physical ability to make the switch sure, but you are assuming that he would have no problem at all having to change his game quite a bit. As for the Dolphins game that was good positioning by Porter, but a horrible pass from Culpepper.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 08:55 PM
I loved the Cowher signing, and don't care if we didn't sign whiz. I just hate the fact we signed a guy who has no clue about the steelers. At least Cowher knew what the Steelers were about. I would love for me to be wrong about Tomlin, but I'm afraid I won't be. This just proves he doesn't understand Steelers football. Porter had a down year fronm what he usually has, but he led us in sacks had a couple of int's and was a very vocal leader. Now we don't have that big leader on D. Thankyou very much Tomlin.

Because the coach makes the Personel decisions, not the GM.. I guess thats why Matt Millen was a scapegoat for Mooch and etc.

Actually Colbert and company (Not Tomlin) made the decision. They didn't want to have to pay Porter $1,000,000 roster bonus, just for him to hold out of training camp. Do I think Porter was worth his base salary this year? Yes. Do I think he was worth what his contract demands were going to look like? No. He wanted to basically get paid "Franchise" LB money, and frankly he's a contract past that worth.

Tomlin has been great so far. If he's 1/10th of the coach that he interviews as, we have a bright future.. Sure we may have a bad season or so.. But hell Noll only won I believe 2 games his first season as head coach... then what happened... 4 Superbowls in 5 years.

So I don't think Tomlin is the bad guy in this situation.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 08:58 PM
I just think the Steelers franchise is to good to be as bad as some think they might be soon. They will be fine. They will probably have at least 2 wins a year beating my Browns so....

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
"... Wow a young sizeable DE... without injury problems had 1 season better than an aging vet. Call the Press Folks.

You browns fans are funny."

I said Wimbley was better last year, you dont have to call the police on me because it was a 100% true statement. Your insinuating my comment to involve his career in which was un called for on your part.

You make it sound like it's a big deal that in a pro-bowl veterans decline that you had an LB on your roster that played as good as him.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Because the coach makes the Personel decisions, not the GM.. I guess thats why Matt Millen was a scapegoat for Mooch and etc.

Actually Colbert and company (Not Tomlin) made the decision. They didn't want to have to pay Porter $1,000,000 roster bonus, just for him to hold out of training camp. Do I think Porter was worth his base salary this year? Yes. Do I think he was worth what his contract demands were going to look like? No. He wanted to basically get paid "Franchise" LB money, and frankly he's a contract past that worth.

Tomlin has been great so far. If he's 1/10th of the coach that he interviews as, we have a bright future.. Sure we may have a bad season or so.. But hell Noll only won I believe 2 games his first season as head coach... then what happened... 4 Superbowls in 5 years.

He won 1 game his first year (1-13) and it was 4 superbowls in 6 years.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I just think the Steelers franchise is to good to be as bad as some think they might be soon. They will be fine. They will probably have at least 2 wins a year beating my Browns so....

I can't remember the last time we finished with less than 6 wins. I know we never did it under Cowher.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 09:01 PM
"You make it sound like it's a big deal that in a pro-bowl veterans decline that you had an LB on your roster that played as good as him."

I think your starting to take this message board to seriously, and as advice, I dont think you should react like you do, its bad for you.

Everythings so personal.

49ersfan_87
03-01-2007, 09:01 PM

I think the steelers made the right choice. Whats it been, 2 coaches in 30 years? The steelers are epitome of stability in the NFL. And they know what they are doing when they hire coaches.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 09:03 PM
I think its like 38 actually. Cowher had 15 and Noll had 23 if I remember right.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Though there had been talk that the Steelers might cut linebacker Joey Porter, word is that Porter and his agent were shocked by the move.

Apparently, Porter had still be angling for a raise, and had fully expected to get one.

From PFT

That is exactlly why Porter had to go. Even after a down year he expected a pay raise.

HawkeyeFan
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Could he play SAM in a 4 - 3?

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 09:10 PM
I think he'd be better as a Will. He is definately most valuable to a 3-4 team though.

PalmerToCJ
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Off PFT, take it FWIW (I know I am)

In our view, this means that Porter will be even more pissed off at the Steelers -- and more likely to try to land within the AFC North.

Meanwhile, word is that the Bengals have been doing some research on Porter with an eye toward trying to sign him.

He's buddies with CJ (even though they talk trash)... Not sure where his place would be in a 4-3 and I don't want to give him big cash. Every offseason Marvin looks for a FA LB though so there's potential.

Vikes99ej
03-01-2007, 09:14 PM
I can see the Patriots taking him. Maybe the Niners, too. Can't really see the Cowboys getting him, unless they move Carpenter to ILB.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Off PFT, take it FWIW (I know I am)

He's buddies with CJ (even though they talk trash)... Not sure where his place would be in a 4-3 and I don't want to give him big cash. Every offseason Marvin looks for a FA LB though so there's potential.

I think he'd be best at a Will. I don't think the Bengals wouldn dish out the money though. They cut Simmons because they wanted more space under the cap. I'm sure Porter is going to command a ton of money.

Grizzlegom
03-01-2007, 09:24 PM
J-E-T-S. thats my guess right now.

the bengals have been said to be looking to implement some 3-4 looks to get a bunch of their young LBers on the field at the same time. Porter would only help them do it so i could see them as a possibility.

Ravens1991
03-01-2007, 09:27 PM

OK but if Adalius does end up walking that gives us cap room for Suggs who is young and has more overall potential then Adalius at the 3-4 OLB position

Little FS Anthony Smith knocked Winslow into next season, making him drop the pass and forget his name. Ahh isn't Karma grand.

You wanna talk about getting knocked into next season, look below

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_786031.jpg

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_786034.jpg

"I don't think I have ever been hit that hard"
Ben Rothlisberger

and o yea Karma is grand

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_833889.jpg

I assume it was "Thats Mrs. Lewis to you"

HawkeyeFan
03-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Honestly though, don't be suprised to see Rams take a look at him and push for him. Jim Haslett was his Defensive Coord. a few years ago.

Ravens1991
03-01-2007, 09:35 PM
How would he fit in a 4-3 though, he would be best suited in a 3-4 or a 4-3/3-4 hybrid like the Ravens run

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 09:37 PM
My bright spot was when 190lb Anthony Smith made 7 of your recievers drop passes. 2 by Winslow.

That was Edwards, not winslow.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 09:40 PM
http://www.brownshistory.com/photo/turkeyjones.JPG

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 09:43 PM

I'm well aware of who Winslow is and he had multiple drops in the game. I was at the game and I remember 1 was gonna be a first down and smith drilled him and he dropped it. There was another late in the game aswell.

And isn't it a shame you have to go back to black and white pictures to try and get something on the Steelers. Bad thing about being a Browns fan is that you get excited about 1 good play because thats all you get. Hell in 2005 you couldn't even get 1 good play when we shut you out in Cleveland 41-0.

PalmerToCJ
03-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Well him fitting at WLB would be best for us, that's where we lack the least playmaking potential.

You're right though money talks. We could sign Justin Smith long term to a more cap friendly deal and we'd have room to spare but that's not really our style.

It'd be too weird to actually root for him....

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm well aware of who Winslow is and he had multiple drops in the game. I was at the game and I remember 1 was gonna be a first down and smith drilled him and he dropped it. There was another late in the game aswell.

And isn't it a shame you have to go back to black and white pictures to try and get something on the Steelers. Bad thing about being a Browns fan is that you get excited about 1 good play because thats all you get. Hell in 2005 you couldn't even get 1 good play when we shut you out in Cleveland 41-0.

Do you know what an official drop is? If you are hit in the act of catching the ball it doesn't count as a drop, if the QB leaves the receiver out to dry and he gets whacked from behind its not a drop, secondly... Winslow may have had ONE DROP on a ball that went off his fingertips later that game, only one pass was broken up, and it was by Farrior after Winslow late hit him, so get it straight.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 09:55 PM

Oh Trust me. He hit Edwards too. He definitely Jacked Winslow as Well.

http://media.scout.com/media/avatars/F3/57/steelersbuckeyesjackets.gif<---WinslowBodden

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh Trust me. He hit Edwards too. He definitely Jacked Winslow as Well.

http://media.scout.com/media/avatars/F3/57/steelersbuckeyesjackets.gif<---WinslowBodden

Actually, no thats not me, but thats clever...

Anyways, no, Anthony Smith did not jack Winslow, it was Farrior.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:00 PM
You don't know what you talking about. I was at the game and Winslow was thrown to on 3rd down. He was about 20 yards from the LOS and he got both hands on the ball before Smith killed him and he dropped it. Smith did it to atleast 5 people that game.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Do you know what an official drop is? If you are hit in the act of catching the ball it doesn't count as a drop, if the QB leaves the receiver out to dry and he gets whacked from behind its not a drop, secondly... Winslow may have had ONE DROP on a ball that went off his fingertips later that game, only one pass was broken up, and it was by Farrior after Winslow late hit him, so get it straight.

I don't care about the official drop. Winslow got both hands on the ball multiple times and would have caught it if he didn't get jacked up by a FS.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:02 PM
"Hell in 2005 you couldn't even get 1 good play when we shut you out in Cleveland 41-0."

Whats the difference between the Browns and the Steelers right now?

The Browns are playing for the future. The Steelers are living off the past, and seem to be very sour fans right now because of it.

Your future isnt very bright right now.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
You don't know what you talking about. I was at the game and Winslow was thrown to on 3rd down. He was about 20 yards from the LOS and he got both hands on the ball before Smith killed him and he dropped it. Smith did it to atleast 5 people that game.

I really doubt he did it to 5 people, I wish I had game tape of this, you change it every time...

It was 7 people, now its 5?

Make up your mind, I still stand and say Smith didnt "Jack him" maybe he deflected a pass, but no, he didn't lay out Winslow or anything, he didn't hit him so hard to cause him to drop a pass multiple times (AS YOU SAID BEFORE) Maybe if you stood by one thing you said it would be easier to believe you, but you keep changing what you say, and I don't remember what you are saying happening.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:04 PM
He didn't just tip a pass. Winslow got both hands on it and Smith layed him out the Winslow dropped the ball. Closer to a fumble than a deflection if you get the picture.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:05 PM
"Hell in 2005 you couldn't even get 1 good play when we shut you out in Cleveland 41-0."

The Browns are playing for the future. The Steelers are living off the past, and seem to be very sour fans right now because of it.

...And the Browns Is? Steelers are living off the past.. by.. bringing in a new Coaching staff, cutting a former regimes top Pass Rusher....

Yea, you have a point.. :roll: :roll:

I think the reason we're sour, is because theres some very Emo Browns fans, that can't comprehend that even after all this change, they still won't be as good as us.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:05 PM
"Make up your mind, I still stand and say Smith didnt "Jack him" maybe he deflected a pass, but no, he didn't lay out Winslow or anything, he didn't hit him so hard to cause him to drop a pass multiple times (AS YOU SAID BEFORE) Maybe if you stood by one thing you said it would be easier to believe you, but you keep changing what you say, and I don't remember what you are saying happening."

this poster has a history of these type of posts. hes very bias.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:06 PM

Your right, having a the youngest QB to ever win the superbowl and a 25 year old pro bowl runningback looks horrible for the future.

Fact is the Steelers never have a horrible year. The team went 8-8 and missed the playoffs by a game and our fans think it is a horrible year. Most Browns fans would love to see and 8-8 year.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Stiller, your mad and were not, so i really doubt your logic there.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:07 PM
"Make up your mind, I still stand and say Smith didnt "Jack him" maybe he deflected a pass, but no, he didn't lay out Winslow or anything, he didn't hit him so hard to cause him to drop a pass multiple times (AS YOU SAID BEFORE) Maybe if you stood by one thing you said it would be easier to believe you, but you keep changing what you say, and I don't remember what you are saying happening."

this poster has a history of these type of posts. hes very bias.

You would know about history since you've been here for what a month at the most.

Face it you are a newb Browns homer. Just wait till they have another 6-10 season at best and you get to come back claiming they'll be better next year.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:07 PM
I really doubt he did it to 5 people, I wish I had game tape of this, you change it every time...

It was 7 people, now its 5?

Make up your mind, I still stand and say Smith didnt "Jack him" maybe he deflected a pass, but no, he didn't lay out Winslow or anything, he didn't hit him so hard to cause him to drop a pass multiple times (AS YOU SAID BEFORE) Maybe if you stood by one thing you said it would be easier to believe you, but you keep changing what you say, and I don't remember what you are saying happening.

I know for a Fact Anthony Smith Jacked Winslow.

I know Farrior did on a seperate play because Winslow.. you know the mature, non-punk (Like you guys claim Porter to be) cheapshotted Farrior.. and Farrior only knocked him out.

However, because you don't remember Anthony Smith laying out Winslow, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

He jacked Winslow twice, Edwards once and Droughns once.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:08 PM
"and a 25 year old pro bowl runningback looks horrible for the future.
"

All of your facts are wrong. He is 27 years old, funny you dont even know that.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Sorry I don't have birthdays memorized. I'll work on that next time.

Point is he is still young and has had back to back 1000+ seasons. Thats not a bad outlook for the future.

Mr. Stiller
Stiller, your mad and were not, so i really doubt your logic there.

I'm not mad, more... annoyed. A team that hasn't had a winning season, is telling me that my team, a perennial power, is on the decline and living off the past... When it's exactly the opposite.

Please, enlighten me on to what I'm mad about and how my logic is flawed.

omecool20
JP would be a great fit for the Skins :-) With Fletcher ( assuming he is coming ) and Porter, Skins have two excellent and experienced vets manning the ILB position. The dude is versatile, he could play any LB positions.

JoeMontainya
"You would know about history since you've been here for what a month at the most.

Face it you are a newb Browns homer."

History and message boards arent even comparible. Are you insinuating that the longer youve been on a message board the more history you know or something?

And because i just signed up has nothing to do with anything am I correct?

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:10 PM
"and a 25 year old pro bowl runningback looks horrible for the future.
"

All of your facts are wrong. He is 27 years old, funny you dont even know that.

Crap.. Smooth, we forgot two candles...

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:10 PM
"Point is he is still young and has had back to back 1000+ seasons. Thats not a bad outlook for the future.
"

No point is youve been wrong twice now.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:11 PM
"You would know about history since you've been here for what a month at the most.

Face it you are a newb Browns homer."

History and message boards arent even comparible. Are you insinuating that the longer youve been on a message board the more history you know or something?

And because i just signed up has nothing to do with anything am I correct?

You said I have a history of changing things I say on here. That would mean that the time you have been here is relevant yes.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:11 PM
"I'm not mad, more... annoyed. A team that hasn't had a winning season, is telling me that my team, a perennial power, is on the decline and living off the past... When it's exactly the opposite.

Please, enlighten me on to what I'm mad about and how my logic is flawed."

You tell me your sour about everything today. And your only deffense to the Browns possibly making there team better, is bringing up the past to try and prove we will still be a bad team.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:12 PM
"You said I have a history of changing things I say on here. That would mean that the time you have been here is relevant yes."

Ive been on this message board for over 2 years now. And I could almost gaurantee that im not the only poster on this board who has had a name change before?

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Crap.. Smooth, we forgot two candles...

I think its cause we have to keep track of rings aswell as stats. They just get to focus on stats and keep praying for the future.

Thats why Browns fans always like to say things about the future while the Steelers like the past. Because they Steelers actually accomplish things while the Browns only think they can in the future.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
"I'm not mad, more... annoyed. A team that hasn't had a winning season, is telling me that my team, a perennial power, is on the decline and living off the past... When it's exactly the opposite.

Please, enlighten me on to what I'm mad about and how my logic is flawed."

You tell me your sour about everything today. And your only deffense to the Browns possibly making there team better, is bringing up the past to try and prove we will still be a bad team.

... I told you I'm sour, when? I said Annoyed, mainly because you're telling me how my team is run, with absolutely no clue. And My defense is pure detailed logic. Sorry that I poke holes through all your excuses with factual information.

Mr. Stiller
I think its cause we have to keep track of rings aswell as stats. They just get to focus on stats and keep praying for the future.

Thats why Browns fans always like to say things about the future while the Steelers like the past. Because they Steelers actually accomplish things while the Browns only think they can in the future.

Well thats not fair. Well, maybe, if they behave we'll let them see a ring. OOH and a Lombardi Trophy.. or 5.

Smooth Criminal
"You said I have a history of changing things I say on here. That would mean that the time you have been here is relevant yes."

Ive been on this message board for over 2 years now. And I could almost gaurantee that im not the only poster on this board who has had a name change before?

BTW

Willie Parker is 26 and is closer to 25 than 27.

11/11/80

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Well thats not fair. Well, maybe, if they behave we'll let them see a ring. OOH and a Lombardi Trophy.. or 5.

Plus they got his age wrong anyway. He's 26 and only turned 26 in November.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
... I told you I'm sour, when? I said Annoyed, mainly because you're telling me how my team is run, with absolutely no clue. And My defense is pure detailed logic. Sorry that I poke holes through all your excuses with factual information.

Its a shame out team is run bad. You'd think getting more wins in each of the last 15 years than the Browns had this year would be enough to let them know that the organization is doing something right.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Steelers fans are going crazy and i love it. Hold yourselves together.

Look at the bright side, you great Qb was only a product of the system and without Jerome leading a huddle he proved hes nothing.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:18 PM

You've been here so long that you don't even know how to use the quote button.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:19 PM
"Point is he is still young and has had back to back 1000+ seasons. Thats not a bad outlook for the future.
"

No point is youve been wrong twice now.

The fact your more worried about a mishap on 2 years than his back-to-back 1000+ yard seasons (Which includes a franchise record.. Let me get the exact numbers here, i don't want to be off a decimal...ahh yes a 223 yard performance, with a 7.0 yard per carry average, a long of 29 and a TD as well against... Oh well smite my soul, the Brownies..) proves the fact you have nothing worthwhile to argue about.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Steelers cant keep there own players

Cant keep there own coaches

and last year should be a clue on how your season will end this year. because your team obviously wont be as good on paper and in all likely hood that transfers to the field.

poor poor squeeler fans.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:20 PM

Look at the bright side, you great Qb was only a product of the system and without Jerome leading a huddle he proved hes nothing.

You're right, Because Jerome Bettis made sure Ben was top 5 in efficiency 2 seasons in a row, with a ROTY honor and I'm fairly certain he won something else. Smooth, can you help a brother out? Didn't he win something in his second season.. like he was the youngest player to win?

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:21 PM

If Ben is such a product of the system, why did so many other QBs fail in the system? Its not like every QB that plays in Pittsburgh has top 5 passer ratings 2 years in a row and wins ROTY and the youngest superbowl QB ever.

Thats right, the answer is that he is actually a good player. No matter how much eveyrone wants to deny it.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:22 PM
You're right, Because Jerome Bettis made sure Ben was top 5 in efficiency 2 seasons in a row, with a ROTY honor and I'm fairly certain he won something else. Smooth, can you help a brother out? Didn't he win something in his second season.. like he was the youngest player to win?

I think that why we had that damn parade and ring ceremony. Something about a superbowl maybe.

News of that still hasn't gotten to Cleveland though. They don't know what superbowls are. Just ask them, they'll tell you NFL Championships are just as big.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Dude even Charlie Batch played better than Ben this year.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 10:24 PM
He didn't just tip a pass. Winslow got both hands on it and Smith layed him out the Winslow dropped the ball. Closer to a fumble than a deflection if you get the picture.

Bah there you go, now I remember, that was close to a fumble.

EDIT : That was Farrior, my Steelers friend confirmed it for me, I remember Farrior laying him out and I was pissed at Winslow for not holding onto the ball because it was very close to a fumble and it seemed like the whole team was giving up.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:25 PM

and last year should be a clue on how your season will end this year. because your team obviously wont be as good on paper and in all likely hood that transfers to the field.

poor poor squeeler fans.

Steelers can't keep their own coaches? Thats why we've had two HCs in 30 some years.

Keep their players? We let go of the players that arn't neccesary. People said letting go of Burress and Bell would kill the team and we won a superbowl without them. Its the teams that hold onto old overpaid players that end up losing.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 10:26 PM
You would know about history since you've been here for what a month at the most.

Face it you are a newb Browns homer. Just wait till they have another 6-10 season at best and you get to come back claiming they'll be better next year.

Or, I havent missed a quarter of Browns football for a few years, and I just decided to register to the site recently, that MAY be it.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Edit :deleted confusion

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:28 PM

Charlie Batch didn't have a Motorcycle accident, emergency appendectomy, than a Illegal helmet-to-helmet contact resulting in a beastly concussion.

I would bet money on Batch not playing so well.

But the funny part is.. Roeth with 8 of his 9 lives used up.. still played as good as Charlie Frye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post

poor poor squeeler fans.
Steelers can't keep their own coaches? Thats why we've had two HCs in 30 some years.

Keep their players? We let go of the players that arn't neccesary. People said letting go of Burress and Bell would kill the team and we won a superbowl without them. Its the teams that hold onto old overpaid players that end up losing.

Ok this is the funniest thing you've stated yet.

How many coaches have you browns gone through? Heck Parcells couldn't win with you guys... then there's Butch Davis and now Crennell... we lost what were those darn #'s again.. 2 coaches in 38 years? yep, can't keep our coaches. You got us there. We can't keep our players either, thats why We kept Gildon till he was worthless, along with Greene, Kirkland. It's very few and far between we let a player go.

So, basically no teams should play this season, we should just look at the depth charts and say... Hey they'll win.

Great Logic.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Winslow, lets lay off them, there franchise is hitting some rocks right now, and there clearly hurting because of it. im out....

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:29 PM

He played better than Frye aswell if you want to be a prick.

You'd play bad if you crashed a motorcycle. But you should know that already. A crash kept Winslow out for a year while Ben was back in a matter of months. Then went through and apendectomy and another concussion.

Ben shouldn't have even been on the field IMO when he was. And it showed in games like Jacksonville and Oakland where he had 6 INTs and 0 TDs.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Steelers were 8-8 last year.

Now they lost there head coach, Ocord, Ol coach, Porter, etcc, there done.

Mr. Stiller
Winslow, lets lay off them, there franchise is hitting some rocks right now, and there clearly hurting because of it. im out....

Nah, we steered clear of the rocks, we saw the Browns ship go down a long time ago.

Smooth Criminal
Or, I havent missed a quarter of Browns football for a few years, and I just decided to register to the site recently, that MAY be it.

That wasn't to you it was to the idiot that won't stop posting in the team thread either.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:32 PM

The browns DIDN't lose their coach last year, brought in UFA talent, had a solid draft and got Winslow back and won a whopping 2 games...

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 10:32 PM
That wasn't to you it was to the idiot that won't stop posting in the team thread either.

This thread has gone from good, to bad, to ugly, to horribly confusing ;)

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:33 PM
This thread has gone from good, to bad, to ugly, to horribly confusing ;)

You're not a bad browns fan, I take offense to the Porter stuff as you would the Winslow stuff. But, put the team bias' aside and really read what that Montainya idiot is writing.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:34 PM

I'd love to hear the etc. The only other players gone so far are Haynes(who didn't play last year) and Hartings(who sucked last year).

Even with all that, they'll still beat the Browns. Thats just the way it works. Browns have to finish last.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 10:34 PM
You're not a bad browns fan, I take offense to the Porter stuff as you would the Winslow stuff. But, put the team bias' aside and really read what that Montainya idiot is writing.

lol, me and my friend always jab back and forth about Winslow and Porter, I kinda wish he stayed in Pittsburgh, it kind of fealt like we had something going again, even though we blew one game and got blown out another game.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:35 PM
You guys have problems, and by the way, if you dont drop the name calling Ward will be all over you and it usually doesnt end pretty.

Hines
03-01-2007, 10:36 PM

ha brown fans make me laugh. they make lil kid replies and insults. they probably all like ten years old, and have bed times. shoot they probably havent had a gf or will get layed and sit on the computer all day thinkin of more lil kid insults and praisin their worthless, pitiful franchise who cant even win 5 games a year. i mean even when they go to the playoffs they blow leads ne ways. member elway back then and he ran the drive. and against us they gave up the game. its ok u can have clements and steinbach and still be 4-12 like always.

Man_Of_Steel
03-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Dude, Haynes DID play half of last year till week 8. he averaged 5.2 yards per carry.

Smooth Criminal
You guys have problems, and by the way, if you dont drop the name calling Ward will be all over you and it usually doesnt end pretty.

If you want to get into rules, you know you arn't allowed to go into other teams threads just to start trouble right?

Or apparently you didn't.

JoeMontainya
"ha brown fans make me laugh. they make lil kid replies and insults. they probably all like ten years old, and have bed times. shoot they probably havent had a gf or will get layed and sit on the computer all day thinkin of more lil kid insults and praisin their worthless, pitiful franchise who cant even win 5 games a year. i mean even when they go to the playoffs they blow leads ne ways. member elway back then and he ran the drive. and against us they gave up the game. its ok u can have clements and steinbach and still be 4-12 like always."

Before you make age insults, learn how to type.

Hines
03-01-2007, 10:39 PM
lol, me and my friend always jab back and forth about Winslow and Porter, I kinda wish he stayed in Pittsburgh, it kind of fealt like we had something going again, even though we blew one game and got blown out another game.

its funny how after the steelers whooped on the browns how porter pretty much called winslow a ***** and he called him a *** and wat did "that big bad scary" winslow do. nuttin. hes sorry. and jsut cuz he made one decent play when porter was off balance doesnt make winslow god. man yall should get a life

JoeMontainya
"If you want to get into rules, you know you arn't allowed to go into other teams threads just to start trouble right?

Or apparently you didn't.'

i never started trouble, you attacked me for being a rival fan, theres a difference.

PoopSandwich
ha brown fans make me laugh. they make lil kid replies and insults. they probably all like ten years old, and have bed times. shoot they probably havent had a gf or will get layed and sit on the computer all day thinkin of more lil kid insults and praisin their worthless, pitiful franchise who cant even win 5 games a year. i mean even when they go to the playoffs they blow leads ne ways. member elway back then and he ran the drive. and against us they gave up the game. its ok u can have clements and steinbach and still be 4-12 like always.

Even though grammar smack is lame, even "lil kids" can put sentences together better than you.

Smooth Criminal
Dude, Haynes DID play half of last year till week 8. he averaged 5.2 yards per carry.

He got knocked out for the season against the Raiders and I think he was injured at the start of the preseason aswell.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Even though grammar smack is lame, even "lil kids" can put sentences together better than you.

I love how someone comes on the fourms and makes fun of the people for having nothign better to do with their time then come on the very same forum.

Hines
03-01-2007, 10:41 PM
"ha brown fans make me laugh. they make lil kid replies and insults. they probably all like ten years old, and have bed times. shoot they probably havent had a gf or will get layed and sit on the computer all day thinkin of more lil kid insults and praisin their worthless, pitiful franchise who cant even win 5 games a year. i mean even when they go to the playoffs they blow leads ne ways. member elway back then and he ran the drive. and against us they gave up the game. its ok u can have clements and steinbach and still be 4-12 like always."

Before you make age insults, learn how to type.

before tellin me how to type, maybe your team should win more. then come talk to me.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:42 PM
"If you want to get into rules, you know you arn't allowed to go into other teams threads just to start trouble right?

Or apparently you didn't.'

i never started trouble, you attacked me for being a rival fan, theres a difference.

Nope. There have been many cases like this before where it is almost always said that the person from the other team is at fault for initially coming into a rival teams board.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:43 PM

Well here, I'll show the people what you posted in the Steelers Section(Blue text is my reply, Red was my original post.)

"... We're not going to the 4-3? And... The last time we played you.. and Porter was gone.. I believe it was a 24-10 win in our favor...

And how exactly are the browns getting better? They have no run game, their only good lineman, broke his leg on purpose so he didn't have to play, then found he was getting better, so he got himself a staph infection.

Players like Polamalu and Hampton really don't have weaknesses. How would going to a 4-3 expose Hampton? Honestly, thats just stupid. He's a run plugger plain and simple, and a damn good one. He might even be more dominant in a 4-3. As for Polamalu.. I can't see a 4-3 affecting him. "

How are the Browns getting better? We have one of the best drafting Gm's in the NFL, just look what he did for the Ravens. We are signing Steinbach and Clements. Fraley was resigned.

Oi.. 1) You haven't signed Steinbach or Clements yet. We have a solid Drafting GM as well. I'm pretty sure Savage was Newsomes backup. As in, Newsome made the decisions, therefore negating Savages effect on the Ravens. You also signed Mr. Amazing LeCharles Bentley last year. Just because you sign the player doesn't mean crap. LeCharles played how much ball for you guys again?

You said we dont have a run game? Were 98% going to draft Adrian Peterson, who is a better RB than what the Steelers will have.

You think Savage will draft Peterson, you do not know. If he does, Doesn't mean a thing as well. And your comparing an unproven rookie to a Pro-Bowl Running back? I don't care if you think Peterson is bust proof. Willie Parker just came off a great season where the line played Horribly. AP or not, Willie Parker played his ass off and until AP Shows me he can do better, I'll reserve my judgment on that as well.

We dont have an OL? bentley will be back in 2008 like you mentioned, but our LT Kevin Shaffer only gave up 3.5 sacks last year and was great in the run game, something your tackles didnt do great at last year.

Are you serious? We had a bad year.. Oh Crikey. In one of our worst years we end up 8-8. The sad thing is that is a disappointing season to Steelers fans, 8-8 is a prayer for Browns fans.

Palamalu is a gambler, and is great in the run because Lambeau is a genious at making a player successful in a given situation. hampton can only stop the run, and in a 4-3 (even though you havent changed yet), he will get exsposed because he cant rush the passer.

Polamalu is a gambler, but he's also very intelligent and guesses right a lot. LeBeau (Lambeau is a field), is a genius, and He puts great players in good situations to succeed. As for Hampton, I have to disagree. If you had any understanding of the Tampa2, you would realize there is 2 tackles on the defensive line, a Nose Tackle and an Under Tackle. The Undertackle is your penetrator/pass rusher, the NT, is the same damn thing Casey is doing well now. You don't think he'd be doing just as good or better with another big Hoss beside him? You really must not understand football. You put a guy like Alan Branch, Justin Harrell Next to Hampton in a 4-3 and you're Golden. In a normal 4-3 the Tackles are to collapse the pocket and stuff the run game, not necesarily rush the passer, thats the defensive Ends job. I know it can be complicated. In the Tampa 2, you rely on smaller faster players, but Hampton will be fine.

Now thats when and IF we go to the "Tomlin2" as it is right now, we're a 3-4 team and we scouted talent as a 3-4 team. So, sorry your hopes of dominance aren't as well thought out as you had previously entertained.

You guys are in really bad moods, hmmm I would be to if my old coach didnt want the team any more, Rothlesburger lead the NFL in INt's, Porter is gone and the best OL coach in the league followed your Ocordinator. Heck even Burress and Randle El complained about the team when they left.

Do you really believe all the crap you say? I'm in a bad mood because a browns fan that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground is telling me stuff about my team which he doesn't have the first clue to. The Old coach wanted a lot of Money, Hell 90% of steelers fans didn't want him back after this past season. Roethlisberger led the league in INT's after being Rookie of the year, and having 2 seasons with a top 5 (#5 and #3) in QB efficiency, give me a call when your QB does something worthwhile. Atleast when Roethlisberger wrecked his bike, he didn't whine, atleast he played that season. He didn't keep pussying out like.. you know a certain TE. Porter wanted too much money for no production, See it's business decisions like that that keep us at the top of the AFC north most years and you guys at the bottom. Best OL Coach in the league? I liked Grimm, but thinking about it, the guy never developed talent. I think he's quite overrated. Show me one solid prospect he really developed. You could say Faneca, but he was a first rounder. Our O-Coordinator left, Good point. Would you want a guy that could have been your coach on your new coachs' staff? Can you say adversity? Burress was a punk and lazy, could be a great WR, but never plays up to it. And I would've known if Randel El would've badmouthed this organization. Which... he didn't. So again, Moot points.

Sucks to be a steelr fan. Doesnt suck right now if your a browns fan.

Since I don't know what a steelr is, I guess it could, It's actually a really exciting time to be a STEELER fan, the last time we ran a cover 2 defense, the league had to change rules because we were impossible to beat, and we won 4 superbowls. Thats pretty funny though, I don't think theres ever a time that it doesn't suck to be a browns fan.

The heart of your team (jerome bettis) retired and took the team with him, deal with it.

And your team leader is... Wait, have you guys ever had a team leader? Frankly yes, it's hard losing a Hall of Fame running back. But in all honesty having our running back go to the pro-bowl in a season were our oline blocking was non-existant, that excites me. I have dealt with Bettis' retirement, I wouldn't say he took the team with him. He's doing pretty well in detroit and Steelers are still in Pittsburgh. We had a rough offseason with Bens accident and appendectomy.. Injuries to key veterans. Hell we even beat you guys with our top 2 WR's out. Porter, Ward and Wilson all injured and We STILL won. Wait a Tick... didn't our RB just run like 215 yards on you guys? You think that Adrian Peterson is going to run 200+ yards on us? Get a life Browns fan. Unless our team dies in a plane wreck, there's no way we're going to be worse than you.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Gotta love being a browns fan right now, were getting better and your getting worse.

Going to a 4-3 might really hurt players like Hampton and Palamalu, because it might really exspose there weaknesses.

Also loosing a handful of some of the best NFL coaches hurts.

Thats your first post in our thread. I think most people would look at that and say that is trying to start trouble in another teams thread.

Man_Of_Steel
03-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Attention Browns fans,
Please refer to the "most embarassing franchise" thread.
The Browns seem to be the consensus choice.

Im out.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Attention Browns fans,
Please refer to the "most embarassing franchise" thread.
The Browns seem to be the consensus choice.

Im out.

We wouldn't be so embarassing if it wasn't for one ass of an owner and then an egotistical head coach.

Hines
03-01-2007, 10:49 PM
or if your start free agent signings didnt get hurt

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Lions, Saints and Falcons won that award sorry.

"Originally Posted by JoeMontainya
Gotta love being a browns fan right now, were getting better and your getting worse.

Going to a 4-3 might really hurt players like Hampton and Palamalu, because it might really exspose there weaknesses.

Also loosing a handful of some of the best NFL coaches hurts."

Thats not bad at all, your just so deffensive you took all the negatives that WERENT there and try to expose something THAT WASNT THERE.

Did the Steelers get better this offseason? NO
Did they get worse? most likely yes!

Will a future 4-3 switch hurt you? yes
Will it not allow Hampton and Troy to use some of there best strengths? yes

whats so bad about the post.

Man_Of_Steel
03-01-2007, 10:53 PM
We wouldn't be so embarassing if it wasn't for one ass of an owner and then an egotistical head coach.

Youre players aint that great either.
Face it, your organization is one big mess.

Now im out

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:53 PM

Thats not bad at all, your just so deffensive you took all the negatives that WERENT there and try to expose something THAT WASNT THERE.

Nothing bad but it will lead to a fight and thats what the admins usually say with a thing like this. I've seen people get banned for less than what you wrote just because it was in a rival teams board. If that was in an NFL thread(like this one) it wouldn't have been anything but since it was in a rival team thread it is against the rules.

Hines
03-01-2007, 10:54 PM
um u do knwo that the offseason has barely started. how can u say that the steelers didnt get better when free agentcy hasnt started yet nor the draft.

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Youre players aint that great either.
Face it, your organization is one big mess.

Now im out

I know it is, I never said it wasn't

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:55 PM
um u do knwo that the offseason has barely started. how can u say that the steelers didnt get better when free agentcy hasnt started yet nor the draft.

Because he is a Browns homer that looks at all the FA signings and thinks spending the most money means you get the best team.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:56 PM
"Now im out"

-PLEASE???

"Nothing bad but it will lead to a fight "

Well so what your saying is, I didnt do anything bad, but you were the one that reacted by causeing the fight! thank you...

Steelers wont be a factor in free agency with there cap.

Hines
03-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Because he is a Browns homer that looks at all the FA signings and thinks spending the most money means you get the best team.

ha ya just ask the redskins if that works

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:57 PM
"and thinks spending the most money means you get the best team."

LOL, noone said that? So dont bring it up.

Hines
03-01-2007, 10:58 PM
"Now im out"

-PLEASE???

Well so what your saying is, I didnt do anything bad, but you were the one that reacted by causeing the fight! thank you...

ya cuz we dont need big free agents to win. we develop talent

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:59 PM
"and thinks spending the most money means you get the best team."

LOL, noone said that? So dont bring it up.

You've basically said that. You think just because the Browns may sign 2 FAs that it means they'll be alot better next year.

Things don't always work out. Look at the Redskins every year. They dish out money and still get top 10 picks.

I guess you could just look at the Browns last year. They took their team, added some big name FAs, and did worse.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
"Now im out"

-PLEASE???

Not exactlly. You got the part where there really wasn't anything bad. But you could still get banned or suspended if you got reported for posting something in a rival teams thread that you knew could cause a fight.

And no I'm not reporting you because I don't believe in stupid rules like that but I thought I'd point it out to you after you said Ward would do something to us for us saying idiot.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:03 PM
"You've basically said that. You think just because the Browns may sign 2 FAs that it means they'll be alot better next year."

No I basically said nothing like that. But since were on the subject.....

Nate Clements and Eric Steinbach are alot different then those guys that the Redskins signed.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:04 PM
"And no I'm not reporting you "

you couldnt if you wanted, i did nothing wrong. You twisted my original post to make me sound like i was poking fun at your franchise.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:04 PM
1..2...3.....4 I declare a thumb war.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
"And no I'm not reporting you "

you couldnt if you wanted, i did nothing wrong. You twisted my original post to make me sound like i was poking fun at your franchise.

I could actually. As I said earlier, people have been banned or suspended for less than what you said just because it is in a rival teams forum.

But no one would believe me if I reported you cause how can a Browns fan make fun of the Steelers franchise?

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
I could actually. As I said earlier, people have been banned or suspended for less than what you said just because it is in a rival teams forum.

OK Mod, try it. Like I said before point out something I did wrong, the you have grounds to talk.

Your the attacker not me.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 11:11 PM

I got defensive ..... what?

Steelers got better this offseason? Yes, We signed Mike Tomlin, who has great potential, He is amazing with the secondary and against the run, Lebeau is great with the front 7. I'd say we're really set.

Did they get worse? Time will tell, it's hard to tell how bad we are without a draft, Free Agency or any preseason games.

Will a future 4-3 switch hurt us? I dont think so. We were cover 2 when we won our 4 Superbowls with the Steel Curtain. Noll Switched to the 3-4 later on and Cowher Took over. So a switch isn't always bad, as long as you don't do it ill-advised (See Houston Texans 2002).

in the Cover 2, Casey Hampton might be better off, He's going to have the same responsibilities. Face the double team and stop the run, only difference now is he gets a penetrating tackle called the "Under tackle" next to him. If we get a good UT, then It's going to be hard to stop them. Polamalu I see having a Bob Sanders like Effect. He's energetic and a force in the run game. I don't really see how Polamalu wouldn't be able to use his strengths... He plays in a zone blitzing scheme now.. He could be just as impactful as Bob Sanders in the 4-3.. IF we go to that.

Whats bad about the post is it's very mis-informed.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 11:11 PM
OK Mod, try it. Like I said before point out something I did wrong, the you have grounds to talk.

Your the attacker not me.

I already did point something out. The fact that it is against the rules to post things in rival teams threads with the purpose of starting a fight. The fact that you came into our team thread telling us how bad it was to be Steelers fans and how bad our team would suck, is enough to get banned or suspended.

And as for me being the attacker, I wasn't even the first one to respond to your post. In fact, I didn't respond at all until after your 2nd post in our team thread.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:14 PM
"Whats bad about the post is it's very mis-informed."

It was an opinion of an NFL fan. You reacted harshly to it.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:15 PM
"The fact that it is against the rules to post things in rival teams threads with the purpose of starting a fight. The fact that you came into our team thread telling us how bad it was to be Steelers fans and how bad our team would suck, is enough to get banned or suspended."

Where was my purpose to start a fight?

Where did I say Steelers fans are bad?

Where did I say they suck?

quit making things up.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 11:19 PM
"Whats bad about the post is it's very mis-informed."

It was an opinion of an NFL fan. You reacted harshly to it.

If you mean reacted Harshly by posting facts discrediting your points then yes I did react harshly.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:20 PM
You discredited me with what? Your opinion that happened to be different than mine?

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Or the fact that you said we were switching to a 4-3 which is not true at this point.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:29 PM
"Or the fact that you said we were switching to a 4-3 which is not true at this point."

I said going to a 4-3 might hurt the players, refering to if you guys switch. Sorry it wasnt clear enough for you, but looking back at your grammer I assumed clarity wasnt important to you.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 11:32 PM
You discredited me with what? Your opinion that happened to be different than mine?

In your opinion this off season was great for the browns disastrous for Pittsburgh..

1) We're 27 ******s into FA and nothing has happened. We have a new coaching staff and Steelers fans (Knowledgeable ones) are excited.

2) We're sticking to a 3-4.

You're opinion is heavily rooted into bad facts. Like you believe we're transitioning to a 4-3, Tomlin himself has stated we're not, therefore your opinion of our lack of ability in the 4-3 is moot.

3) Casey Hampton will be just as effective if not more effective in a 4-3. He has the same responsibility but he also gets the added help of another big Tackle.

4) Polamalu is solid in coverage and a top tier safety in run support. Bob Sanders does the same thing for Indy's cover2, why would it be so different.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 11:33 PM
"Or the fact that you said we were switching to a 4-3 which is not true at this point."

I said going to a 4-3 might hurt the players, refering to if you guys switch. Sorry it wasnt clear enough for you, but looking back at your grammer I assumed clarity wasnt important to you.

Well going to a 1-2-3-2-1-3 might hurt your team, but if you're not going to do it it's quite irrelevant.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Take a deep breath.........

Its going to be ok..

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Take a deep breath.........

Its going to be ok..

Another thing I wonder. With your infinite football wisdom, how do you plan on getting Michael Turner for a mere 2nd rounder? I mean, Calvin Johnson is a waste of a pick (are you Baron von Millen in disguise?) but Turner was tendered for a 1st&3rd round pick.. you can't get him for a 2nd..

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:51 PM
"nother thing I wonder. With your infinite football wisdom, how do you plan on getting Michael Turner for a mere 2nd rounder? I mean, Calvin Johnson is a waste of a pick (are you Baron von Millen in disguise?) but Turner was tendered for a 1st&3rd round pick.. you can't get him for a 2nd.."

What are you going to bring up next? My mother? This WAS a Joey Porter thread wasnt it......

needled24_7
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
lol someone give me cliffnotes on this thread, i'm not reading through 8 pages :/

CC.SD
03-02-2007, 12:00 AM
lol someone give me cliffnotes on this thread, i'm not reading through 8 pages :/

QFT. apparently someone is mocking the steelers, but is classily not invoking the fact that their team doctor got busted with 150K worth of roids, and that's all I've figured out so far.

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 12:08 AM
QFT. apparently someone is mocking the steelers, but is classily not invoking the fact that their team doctor got busted with 150K worth of roids, and that's all I've figured out so far.

Basically Montainya came into our team section and basically stated that Pittsburgh was in the decline and the Browns on the rise. Arguing that we're disgruntled that our team is going to suck and stating things in which he absolutely had no clue about.

Then he pointed out a few things. Which I've replied and he has no rebuttal.

Well here, I'll show the people what you posted in the Steelers Section(Blue text is my reply, Red was my original post.)

"... We're not going to the 4-3? And... The last time we played you.. and Porter was gone.. I believe it was a 24-10 win in our favor...

And how exactly are the browns getting better? They have no run game, their only good lineman, broke his leg on purpose so he didn't have to play, then found he was getting better, so he got himself a staph infection.

Players like Polamalu and Hampton really don't have weaknesses. How would going to a 4-3 expose Hampton? Honestly, thats just stupid. He's a run plugger plain and simple, and a damn good one. He might even be more dominant in a 4-3. As for Polamalu.. I can't see a 4-3 affecting him. "

How are the Browns getting better? We have one of the best drafting Gm's in the NFL, just look what he did for the Ravens. We are signing Steinbach and Clements. Fraley was resigned.

Oi.. 1) You haven't signed Steinbach or Clements yet. We have a solid Drafting GM as well. I'm pretty sure Savage was Newsomes backup. As in, Newsome made the decisions, therefore negating Savages effect on the Ravens. You also signed Mr. Amazing LeCharles Bentley last year. Just because you sign the player doesn't mean crap. LeCharles played how much ball for you guys again?

You said we dont have a run game? Were 98% going to draft Adrian Peterson, who is a better RB than what the Steelers will have.

You think Savage will draft Peterson, you do not know. If he does, Doesn't mean a thing as well. And your comparing an unproven rookie to a Pro-Bowl Running back? I don't care if you think Peterson is bust proof. Willie Parker just came off a great season where the line played Horribly. AP or not, Willie Parker played his ass off and until AP Shows me he can do better, I'll reserve my judgment on that as well.

We dont have an OL? bentley will be back in 2008 like you mentioned, but our LT Kevin Shaffer only gave up 3.5 sacks last year and was great in the run game, something your tackles didnt do great at last year.

Are you serious? We had a bad year.. Oh Crikey. In one of our worst years we end up 8-8. The sad thing is that is a disappointing season to Steelers fans, 8-8 is a prayer for Browns fans.

Palamalu is a gambler, and is great in the run because Lambeau is a genious at making a player successful in a given situation. hampton can only stop the run, and in a 4-3 (even though you havent changed yet), he will get exsposed because he cant rush the passer.

Polamalu is a gambler, but he's also very intelligent and guesses right a lot. LeBeau (Lambeau is a field), is a genius, and He puts great players in good situations to succeed. As for Hampton, I have to disagree. If you had any understanding of the Tampa2, you would realize there is 2 tackles on the defensive line, a Nose Tackle and an Under Tackle. The Undertackle is your penetrator/pass rusher, the NT, is the same damn thing Casey is doing well now. You don't think he'd be doing just as good or better with another big Hoss beside him? You really must not understand football. You put a guy like Alan Branch, Justin Harrell Next to Hampton in a 4-3 and you're Golden. In a normal 4-3 the Tackles are to collapse the pocket and stuff the run game, not necesarily rush the passer, thats the defensive Ends job. I know it can be complicated. In the Tampa 2, you rely on smaller faster players, but Hampton will be fine.

Now thats when and IF we go to the "Tomlin2" as it is right now, we're a 3-4 team and we scouted talent as a 3-4 team. So, sorry your hopes of dominance aren't as well thought out as you had previously entertained.

You guys are in really bad moods, hmmm I would be to if my old coach didnt want the team any more, Rothlesburger lead the NFL in INt's, Porter is gone and the best OL coach in the league followed your Ocordinator. Heck even Burress and Randle El complained about the team when they left.

Do you really believe all the crap you say? I'm in a bad mood because a browns fan that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground is telling me stuff about my team which he doesn't have the first clue to. The Old coach wanted a lot of Money, Hell 90% of steelers fans didn't want him back after this past season. Roethlisberger led the league in INT's after being Rookie of the year, and having 2 seasons with a top 5 (#5 and #3) in QB efficiency, give me a call when your QB does something worthwhile. Atleast when Roethlisberger wrecked his bike, he didn't whine, atleast he played that season. He didn't keep pussying out like.. you know a certain TE. Porter wanted too much money for no production, See it's business decisions like that that keep us at the top of the AFC north most years and you guys at the bottom. Best OL Coach in the league? I liked Grimm, but thinking about it, the guy never developed talent. I think he's quite overrated. Show me one solid prospect he really developed. You could say Faneca, but he was a first rounder. Our O-Coordinator left, Good point. Would you want a guy that could have been your coach on your new coachs' staff? Can you say adversity? Burress was a punk and lazy, could be a great WR, but never plays up to it. And I would've known if Randel El would've badmouthed this organization. Which... he didn't. So again, Moot points.

Sucks to be a steelr fan. Doesnt suck right now if your a browns fan.

Since I don't know what a steelr is, I guess it could, It's actually a really exciting time to be a STEELER fan, the last time we ran a cover 2 defense, the league had to change rules because we were impossible to beat, and we won 4 superbowls. Thats pretty funny though, I don't think theres ever a time that it doesn't suck to be a browns fan.

The heart of your team (jerome bettis) retired and took the team with him, deal with it.

And your team leader is... Wait, have you guys ever had a team leader? Frankly yes, it's hard losing a Hall of Fame running back. But in all honesty having our running back go to the pro-bowl in a season were our oline blocking was non-existant, that excites me. I have dealt with Bettis' retirement, I wouldn't say he took the team with him. He's doing pretty well in detroit and Steelers are still in Pittsburgh. We had a rough offseason with Bens accident and appendectomy.. Injuries to key veterans. Hell we even beat you guys with our top 2 WR's out. Porter, Ward and Wilson all injured and We STILL won. Wait a Tick... didn't our RB just run like 215 yards on you guys? You think that Adrian Peterson is going to run 200+ yards on us? Get a life Browns fan. Unless our team dies in a plane wreck, there's no way we're going to be worse than you.

njx9
03-02-2007, 12:09 AM
ok, all that aside, is there a reason a spat from the team board spilled into this thread?

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 12:10 AM
"nother thing I wonder. With your infinite football wisdom, how do you plan on getting Michael Turner for a mere 2nd rounder? I mean, Calvin Johnson is a waste of a pick (are you Baron von Millen in disguise?) but Turner was tendered for a 1st&3rd round pick.. you can't get him for a 2nd.."

What are you going to bring up next? My mother? This WAS a Joey Porter thread wasnt it......

In which you invoked Casey Hampton, Troy Polamalu, and our coaching staff.

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 12:14 AM
ok, all that aside, is there a reason a spat from the team board spilled into this thread?

I posted that Porter was cut in the "Cut Players" thread, they said it deserved it's own thread, so Deathbystat made one (We had one in the Steelers team section). In our Team section JoeMontainya started on about how the steelers were going to suck with the transition to the 4-3 and our players are mediocre.

We were discussing in this thread about where he could go and positions he could play, then he mosied over from our Team thread, into here, starting an argument, and never providing any evidence to his arguments, which, with facts I basically disproved everything he stated.

If you want I could get you a complete transcript from this thread and our team thread. As really, The Steeler fans only came to my aid as Montainya was basically attacking our team in 2 different threads, since he really had nothing positive to add to anything about Porter.

OhioState
03-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Why would the steelers cut him? he is fairly young and extremelly productive in the 3-4, just pay the man. SOmeone is going to come away happy in the free agent market

The Unseen
03-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Why would the steelers cut him? he is fairly young and extremelly productive in the 3-4, just pay the man. SOmeone is going to come away happy in the free agent market

He's NOT extremely productive.

terribletowel39
03-02-2007, 11:11 AM

yea he is turning 31 i think sometime during the next football season which isn't old but he isn't young and has really been on the decline past couple of years. someone is going to come away happy though as he is an upgrade over most 34 LBs but you don't question something the steeler front office does. they usually don't make mistakes.

asmitty45
03-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I want him in detroit, but i think STL will throw a lot of money at him. The most fun place for him to go would be BAL he'd make that defense even more unreal

LEGALIZE_THESHIZZLE
03-02-2007, 11:21 AM
will they play 3-4 next year?

terribletowel39
03-02-2007, 11:31 AM
will they play 3-4 next year?

yea it has come from Tomlin himself. we will be playing 34 next year.

GSOT
03-02-2007, 11:40 AM
I want him in detroit, but i think STL will throw a lot of money at him. The most fun place for him to go would be BAL he'd make that defense even more unreal

What makes you think the Rams?

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 02:55 PM
yea he is turning 31 i think sometime during the next football season which isn't old but he isn't young and has really been on the decline past couple of years. someone is going to come away happy though as he is an upgrade over most 34 LBs but you don't question something the steeler front office does. they usually don't make mistakes.

Just glad we won't make the same mistake with him as we did with Jason Gildon.

niel89
03-02-2007, 03:19 PM

i would rather keep Adaluis Thomas then get porter

terribletowel39
03-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Just glad we won't make the same mistake with him as we did with Jason Gildon.

no doubt. me and on of my buddies were talking during lunch and we agreed that most of the time when we let a LB go, ala porter gildon llyod kirkland greene all of them were out of the league after 2-4 yrs. so it was time.

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 03:46 PM
no doubt. me and on of my buddies were talking during lunch and we agreed that most of the time when we let a LB go, ala porter gildon llyod kirkland greene all of them were out of the league after 2-4 yrs. so it was time.

man I miss the 94-96 defense. Give us any other QB than Neil O'Donnell and we would have 6+ Rings right now

Smooth Criminal
03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
i would rather keep Adaluis Thomas then get porter

Thomas is way better than Porter. He is a year younger and he just had a great year after Porter had one of his worst. Thomas is alot bigger as well.

terribletowel39
03-02-2007, 04:20 PM
man I miss the 94-96 defense. Give us any other QB than Neil O'Donnell and we would have 6+ Rings right now

man you ain't kidding. anybody besides him. haha oh well, we still have the best chance to get the 6th first, as of now.

NFLBOY
03-02-2007, 05:06 PM

So I don't think Tomlin is the bad guy in this situation. Big difference. Noll took over a horrible team, Tomlin is taking over a very good team that had injuries last year and had the cowher deal hanging over thier heads. I guarantee, if Tomlin doesn't have a good season, the fans and media will be all over him. I hope we are still a force in the AFC, I just have big doubts about this guy. I sure hope I'm wrong.

terribletowel39
03-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Big difference. Noll took over a horrible team, Tomlin is taking over a very good team that had injuries last year and had the cowher deal hanging over thier heads. I guarantee, if Tomlin doesn't have a good season, the fans and media will be all over him. I hope we are still a force in the AFC, I just have big doubts about this guy. I sure hope I'm wrong.

well my opinion is that our fans atleast most of them and OUR media maybe not national media but OUR media, won't be all over him if we don't have a good season, because our fans are more loyal than that and aren't dumb and know that it MIGHT take a new coach (brand new coach)more than a year to get his groove on. regardless i don't think there is a chance that we have a bad season, i full expect a 10-12 win season if not more. have you seen our schedule?? yea that is excitement feeding my typing right now. :D

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Big difference. Noll took over a horrible team, Tomlin is taking over a very good team that had injuries last year and had the cowher deal hanging over thier heads. I guarantee, if Tomlin doesn't have a good season, the fans and media will be all over him. I hope we are still a force in the AFC, I just have big doubts about this guy. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Yea, But Cowher also took over Noll's team. Whats the difference between Tomlin and Cowher really?

Both were 34 with very very few years as a Coordinator. Both were former Coordinators in a 4-3 defense. Cowher was more of a high energy guy, Tomlin a more reserved but insightful players coach.

I think Tomlin could face adversity with a bad season, but thats my only gripe about clueless steeler fans. In an area that still has some racial issues, I think Tomlin was the perfect pick for the job. He's young, Organized, very articulate. His players love him and frankly If he has losing seasons 3 years in a row, I'm still on his bandwagon.

Tomlin does possess something Cowher doesn't. His intuitive X's and O's ability. Cowher was a motivator, most of the X/O's were Coordinators and position coaches. Tomlin is capable of designing said plays. I think that gives us a big advantage.

Also, very few people knew how Cowher kept the offense. He had 7 Offensive Coordinators in his time. He never threw a play out or cleaned the play book. It was a hodge-podge of 7 different offensive minds. Which if you watched, Holmes and Washington had major problems earlier in the season running the wrong routes. Arians, has already threw away the play book and is designing a more streamlined version. You gotta understand this is the guy that helped Design the Peyton Manning offense, and he sees Roethlisberger in the same build. Good arm, intelligent. He needs to spend more time in the video room, but I think with the new staff and previous season he will. I think Rookies can now make more of an impact and the offense will be more dangerous. Expect to see more runs from a 4 wide offense and more passing from Dual TE sets.

Sveen
03-03-2007, 04:46 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers recently cut outside linebacker Joey Porter, and he has privately, through several Ravens players, let it be known that he has interest in the Ravens.

Porter, Ravens public enemy No. 1, said before the start of the 2006 season he had patched things up with Ray Lewis and Heap, who was hit by Porter in 2004 after he had injured his ankle.

The Ravens have an opening, especially with Thomas on the market. The Steelers have stated that they cut Porter for salary-cap reasons, but it was apparent that his performance dropped off last season. There is a replay of Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow slamming Porter to the ground after a one-on-one attempt on the sideline during last season. That pretty much sums up Porter's season.

Source: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.preston302,0,878608.column?track=rss

Free agent Joey Porter is interested in playing for the Chargers, according to the North County Times.

Porter isn't expected to make formal visits to teams until next week. The Ravens, Browns, 49ers, and Dolphins are all believed to have interest.

Source: http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/03/03/sports/professional/chargers/1_07_123_3_07.txt