PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars sign RT Tony Pashos

The Unseen
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...g_pashos.shtml

I'm not sure if this deserves it's own thread, but it's one of the first signings of FA, and probably the first one that involves a large contract, as Pashos was rated highly in FA rankings. If what I've already posted in other threads is sufficient, just delete this...I wanna keep the one-thread tradition in the Jaguars team forum, lol.

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Bring on the Joe Staley mock picks for the ravens. Damnit.

yourfavestoner
03-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Cool. Looks like Mo is gonna try to challenge Barnes for the LT spot. I highly doubt he wins it, though.

I find it kinda strange that our annual free agent splash was on an offensive linemen. Then again, Pashos was one of the best players in free agency, and one of the only ones who would get a contract close to what he is actually worth.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Bring on the Joe Staley mock picks for the ravens. Damnit.

Thats not a bad thing for us to get Staley, Pashos has never been anything special and Staley could be and will be!

dcarey20
03-02-2007, 01:41 PM
this is a tough loss for us...pashos was one of our most improved players last year.

niel89
03-02-2007, 02:59 PM
yeah he improved a good amount. he is a really solid player. wont absolutely destroy people but he will get the job done.

draftguru151
03-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Was Maurice Williams that bad that they needed to give Pashos that big of a deal? I thought Williams was good. Did I miss something?

The Unseen
03-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Was Maurice Williams that bad that they needed to give Pashos that big of a deal? I thought Williams was good. Did I miss something?

Maurice Williams was the worst O-lineman on the team last year out of an otherwise very good group. He's not bad, but he has had issues.

Apparently I missed something, because I and other Jaguars fans had no idea something like this was going to happen. Most of us had assumed that Maurice Williams was going to get a challenge in camp from Richard Collier, an undrafted FA from last year who looked great in training camp and preseason and who is an athletic beast. I did not see this one coming.

draftguru151
03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Was he that bad the season before?

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2007, 03:30 PM

Oh 2 years ago Pashos was horrible, terrible, pathetic. Ravens fans wanted his head, but he was much much better this year.

JagHombre22
03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Mo williams has fallen apart during pass blocking many times before and some could say he's been credited for allowing DE's to get to Byron hence Byron getting injured...I'm sure this has something to do with that and perhaps they are certain that Pashos is better than Mo Williams?

By the way, his deal wasn't bad for a starting LT in the league...5 years, 24 million....

draftguru151
03-02-2007, 03:36 PM
He is playing RT though. Didn't realize he improved that much because all I remember is Ravens fans whining about him all the time.

yourfavestoner
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM

Mo was terrible in 05. He had a nice comeback this year, but, like Unseen said, he was the worst lineman of an otherwise good unit. He has most of his trouble with speed rushers.

BehrenMan007
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
dam... thought mia would jump at him

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
He is playing RT though. Didn't realize he improved that much because all I remember is Ravens fans whining about him all the time.

Actually he was surprisingly solid, and I've often defended him by saying we allowed the fewest sacks in franchise history this season with him at RT. The thing is he's not worth anywhere near what they paid him, but then again it seems like OT values go up every season and the nature of FA is that everyone who can start gets vastly overpaid. The big thing with Pashos is, for a RT he's not very good at pushing the pile in the run game. This is also magnified by his complete inability to pull or get to the second level. It's strange because in college he was known as a mauler.