PDA

View Full Version : What if Forte's dwindling YPC is attributed to.

awfullyquiet
10-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Our offensive line not getting that interior push?

I was thinking. You know what, I haven't seen it, but maybe the coaching has and said, we're taking the ball out of the middle for now. Giving him more receptions and splitting Forte out.

Gay Ork Wang
10-08-2008, 10:08 AM
that could be the reason. we only run it up the middle a couple of times against the lions and we all know how ron turner loves the "Run up the middle"

d34ng3l021
10-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Could it be defenses are beginning to key in on him? Allowing Orton to put up great numbers.

awfullyquiet
10-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Could it be defenses are beginning to key in on him? Allowing Orton to put up great numbers.

We don't have our 'starters' starting on the inside... at least not who i'd want running the inside...

Or maybe we're feigning 'ouch', something completely foreign to me, only to prep teams down the line to respect the passing game?

Either way. Jones needs. NEEDS. to spell forte. That and let Wolfe run. He's looked damn good so far.

bearfan
10-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I think its due to the predictable run calling. RT hasnt been bad so far this season, but if its a run its one of these:
1) 1st down. Up the gut
2) 3rd and long. Draw.
3) Short (1-4 yards). Run up the middle.

Teams key in on that, but because of the keying in, Orton is able to make some plays.

xspikex
10-08-2008, 07:29 PM
I think its due to the predictable run calling. RT hasnt been bad so far this season, but if its a run its one of these:
1) 1st down. Up the gut
2) 3rd and long. Draw.
3) Short (1-4 yards). Run up the middle.

Teams key in on that, but because of the keying in, Orton is able to make some plays.

Don't forget our toss play, also known as "Garza getting blown up by the safety, Forte losing atleast a yard." :)

BeerBaron
10-09-2008, 10:13 AM
I think its most been teams stacking up the line and forcing Orton to beat them. Luckily, that backfired badly for the Lions.....

I'm a little surprised how well Forte is doing when catching the ball. Not something I expected from him but its been a big help

iowatreat54
10-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I hate to say this, but I think it has a lot to do with his big start catching up with him...there was no way he was going to sustain the type of start he had regardless, plus teams actually focusing on our run game (I know, it's a weird feeling) are causing him to fall back down to earth

I also think it could be the staff's recognition that we can't have him carry the offense and run him into the ground, so they have focused more on involving him in the passing game (although that would imply logic on the part of Turner, so I don't believe it)

If I had to choose a main reason, I would say Forte is hitting the physical and mental rookie wall, where defenses have finally caught up to him and he is thinking too much about trying to do too much

sweetness34
10-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Not even AP could run behind our OL consistently.

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Not even AP could run behind our OL consistently.
yes he could, he could consistently suck

BeerBaron
10-09-2008, 02:48 PM
like i said earlier and was ignored, Forte's running isn't the only thing he's doing to help us out. Those 22 receptions of his are a nice surprise and gives our offense another element that we really haven't had with a RB who can consistently catch passes.

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 02:49 PM
like i said earlier and was ignored, Forte's running isn't the only thing he's doing to help us out. Those 22 receptions of his are a nice surprise and gives our offense another element that we really haven't had with a RB who can consistently catch passes.
Nobody is taking that away. He is 4th in the NFL for yards from scrimmage. This is the official " Our OLine sucks, lets whine thread" :)

Bearsfan123
10-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Run-blocking is poor.

Since Williams is getting healthy, when do we believe we will see him?

I predict two weeks depending on how John Abraham does against St. Clair sunday, and how the staff deems his health and conditioning.

KCJ58
10-09-2008, 03:05 PM
They should give Forte the ball more than 20 times, so help outs Orton and sets up PA passes for TD

10-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Chicago of late is where RBs go to die.

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Chicago of late is where RBs go to die.
In Chicago everyone dies

awfullyquiet
10-09-2008, 03:33 PM
They should give Forte the ball more than 20 times, so help outs Orton and sets up PA passes for TD

They do.

Where have you been?

Jeez. he gets close to 30 touches a game.

KCJ58
10-09-2008, 03:35 PM
They do.

Where have you been?

Jeez. he gets close to 30 touches a game.

sorry i ment 30 originally

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 03:37 PM
sorry i ment 30 originally
lol? that would be dumb...

awfullyquiet
10-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I hate to say this, but I think it has a lot to do with his big start catching up with him...there was no way he was going to sustain the type of start he had regardless, plus teams actually focusing on our run game (I know, it's a weird feeling) are causing him to fall back down to earth

I also think it could be the staff's recognition that we can't have him carry the offense and run him into the ground, so they have focused more on involving him in the passing game (although that would imply logic on the part of Turner, so I don't believe it)

If I had to choose a main reason, I would say Forte is hitting the physical and mental rookie wall, where defenses have finally caught up to him and he is thinking too much about trying to do too much

Half right? Maybe?

I think logically turner MAY be onto something. I don't know how or why. But this did buy him an extra eighteen days before i'd fire him in my book.

Anyway. This is the time that orton has to go out there and sling the rock. Have forte get maybe 10-12 rushes in the game. Give KJ/Midget another 8-12... and pass the ball. pass it. pass it. pass it. if you want to screw up the defenses... pass the ball. we don't PA enough. we don't pass nearly enough now that everyone is looking to stop forte. With Lloyd back, i think we have a fair chance to make that happen.

I also don't think forte's hit the rookie wall, this kid i think actually mature enough to be beyond that... i think everyone is looking for that bye week very soon though.

awfullyquiet
10-09-2008, 03:39 PM

foreal.

what more do you ask out of a running back? how many touches did AP get last year per game? 18-20. How many does forte get a game? 24-28...

KCJ58
10-09-2008, 03:40 PM

It's just that I like Forte he's probably my favorite player on Chicago

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
It's just that I like Forte he's probably my favorite player on Chicago
yea but that would just overuse him. its kinda fine right now, just get him more TDs

awfullyquiet
10-09-2008, 03:53 PM
yea but that would just overuse him. its kinda fine right now, just get him more TDs

we need to get into the red zone more often.
and as much as we don't need more RB's. we do need more maulers.

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 04:01 PM
we need to get into the red zone more often.
and as much as we don't need more RB's. we do need more maulers.
maybe drop Adrian Peterson and get a real just bruiser?

iowatreat54
10-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Half right? Maybe?

I think logically turner MAY be onto something. I don't know how or why. But this did buy him an extra eighteen days before i'd fire him in my book.

Anyway. This is the time that orton has to go out there and sling the rock. Have forte get maybe 10-12 rushes in the game. Give KJ/Midget another 8-12... and pass the ball. pass it. pass it. pass it. if you want to screw up the defenses... pass the ball. we don't PA enough. we don't pass nearly enough now that everyone is looking to stop forte. With Lloyd back, i think we have a fair chance to make that happen.

I also don't think forte's hit the rookie wall, this kid i think actually mature enough to be beyond that... i think everyone is looking for that bye week very soon though.

I'm still undecided about the rookie wall theory. He has come out and said he feels better physically and less worked that last year at Tulane, which is great. And he is extremely mature in how he presents himself, plays, works, etc., which I absolutely love. But on the other hand, he is still a rookie and common logic will tell you that he has to hit the wall or start to slow down at some point. Idk if he has hit it yet, but I agree, that bye week is coming at a great time. I think he will come out week 9 blazing, who do we face?

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 04:41 PM
The Lions!

iowatreat54
10-09-2008, 04:50 PM
The Lions!

oh I can't wait

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Lions, Titans, packers that are the 3 opponents

BeerBaron
10-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Lions, Titans, packers that are the 3 opponents

Titans scare me but the Lions.....no. Packers.....eh. The Bucs D tore up their offense and we play a pretty much similar style. Hopefully we can **** with Rodgers that bad...

or better yet, it would be some sweet **** (from a football perspective because i don't wish anyone to be hurt) if Rodgers was out and we got to rape one of their rookies...haha.

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Titans scare me but the Lions.....no. Packers.....eh. The Bucs D tore up their offense and we play a pretty much similar style. Hopefully we can **** with Rodgers that bad...

or better yet, it would be some sweet **** (from a football perspective because i don't wish anyone to be hurt) if Rodgers was out and we got to rape one of their rookies...haha.
and stop hearing everyone telling us we shouldve picked one of them

SFbear
10-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Don't really know what reason we have to believe that Williams will improve our run blocking since thats not really his strength. Orton should get some more time to throw though and that might help keep the 8th man out of the box. Whats the story on Dan Buenning? He seems like the kind of guy that could open up some holes.