PDA

View Full Version : Trades?

Splat
10-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I know you don't see to many mid season trades go down like they do in the NBA or MLB but do you think any will happen this year before the dead line?

21ST
10-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Hopefully the skins can get a 6th or 7th for ladell betts since we only got 4 picks in the draft

Giantsfan1080
10-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Does the rumor of Houshmanzadeh going to the 49'ers have any truth in it?

Mr. Stiller
10-08-2008, 02:24 PM
I heard a rumor that Steelers are in talks with Chiefs for LJ. Makes 0 sense to me but I heard it on ESPN and saw it on another site (Don't want to post for issues.)

bored of education
10-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I heard a rumor that Steelers are in talks with Chiefs for LJ. Makes 0 sense to me but I heard it on ESPN and saw it on another site (Don't want to post for issues.)

I'll take a 3rd and 5th for him :)

regoob2
10-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Where did you here that?

Bruce Banner
10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Roy Williams is being shopped around (sources say) but they want too much.

Iamcanadian
10-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Most teams have little cap money to take on another good player from a team which limits trades substantially. Trades will be few and far between simply because teams won't be able to squeeze in too many under their cap limitations.

saintsfan912
10-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Any cornerbacks on the block?

Thanks in advance,
New Orleans Saints.

Sniper
10-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Any cornerbacks on the block?

Thanks in advance,
New Orleans Saints.

Lito Sheppard for Reggie Bush?

Geo
10-08-2008, 03:02 PM
I actually think the Steelers are a bit of a scary team in the AFC, and getting LJ might be a great move to fully elevate them.

Still, all this talk about trading LJ: is it even feasible given the guaranteed money in the new contract they signed him to just last August?

Plus then the Steelers would have LJ, Mendenhall, and Parker on the books. Eh, probably wishful thinking.

saintsfan912
10-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Lito Sheppard for Reggie Bush?

I don't think the Saints would ever trade Reggie. Especially not for an oft injured corner. I'm sure we would be willing to give up a pick for him though.

FlyingElvis
10-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Rumors have San Fran expressing interest in Housh & Roy Williams.

Trades are rare mid-season, though, so I doubt either will happen.

LJ being traded is a silly rumor. I doubt many (if any) teams could afford his massive salary cap numbers.

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Roy Williams is being shopped around (sources say) but they want too much.

if this is true i don't see why teams would give up much to get him he's a free agent at the end of the year if the lions decide to not resign him. So theres a possablity that a team could land Williams with out giving up any draft picks. If the Lions do trade him, Williams is going to want a new deal from what ever team he goes to and the team would have to give up draft picks to take him off of Detriot's hands. Not worth it to trade for him IMO.

yourfavestoner
10-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I'll take a 3rd and 5th for him :)

LJ just signed a huge extension. He's not going anywhere.

Splat
10-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Most enticing NFL trade bait (http://www.yahoo.com/s/967346)

WMD
10-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Roy Williams could be traded. The only thing stopping a Roy trade is that the current GM's want two Round 1's.. and from Dallas, they want DeMarcus Ware.

Splat
10-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Roy Williams could be traded. The only thing stopping a Roy trade is that the current GM's want two Round 1's.. and from Dallas, they want DeMarcus Ware.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

WMD
10-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Huh. Who would trade anything for Brian Kelly?? He isn't trade bait at all. Dewayne White, meh, if we actually got a good offer for him, I'd move him.. but it seems kind of pointless.

DeathbyStat
10-08-2008, 03:24 PM

I would love this!

I don't think it would happen, but I would love it.

But would it make that much of a difference, the KC line is just as bad as the steeler's line.

WMD
10-08-2008, 03:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/10/asking_price_proves_lions_aren.html Just incase you thought it was a joke :eek:

Splat
10-08-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't see any way the Chiefs can/will move LJ he is only a year and a half in to a huge 6 year deal they should have traded him when they had the chance.

Splat
10-08-2008, 03:27 PM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/10/asking_price_proves_lions_aren.html Just incase you thought it was a joke :eek:

I believe they would want him so would the other 31 teams but never going to happen.

abaddon41_80
10-08-2008, 03:47 PM

Matt Miacco and Matt Barrows, 49er beat writers, have pretty much shot that down.

FlyingElvis
10-08-2008, 04:12 PM
My personal opinion is that the Bengals will trade Ocho after the season and re-sign Housh.

Babylon
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
No rumors but i would like to see Vince Young traded to the Texans, instant fan favorite (he isnt in Memphis) and Coach Fisher gets rid of a headache.Not sure what his value would be but what in hell do the Texans have to lose.

HawkeyeFan
10-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Rumor has it that the Buccaneers are interested in Torry Holt and Roy Williams.

A Perfect Score
10-08-2008, 04:39 PM
No rumors but i would like to see Vince Young traded to the Texans, instant fan favorite (he isnt in Memphis) and Coach Fisher gets rid of a headache.Not sure what his value would be but what in hell do the Texans have to lose.

Well I bet in madden hes worth at least a 2nd round pick...

saintsfan912
10-08-2008, 04:51 PM

What's the point in trading for a WR when they don't have a QB to throw them the ball? Just sayin..

adschofield
10-08-2008, 04:56 PM
If we can't trade LJ, just cut him...I'm so sick of his ****

awfullyquiet
10-08-2008, 04:57 PM
What's the point in trading for a WR when they don't have a QB to throw them the ball? Just sayin..

Isn't jeff garcia still on the bucs?

Chucky
10-08-2008, 04:57 PM

Garcia made the pro-bowl last year. He is a very competent QB in Gruden's system. He just got benched because Gruden is very arrogent. Adding Torry Holt or Roy Williams would give the Bucs a legit #1. Something that Antonio Bryant is not

Chucky
10-08-2008, 04:58 PM

Any links for that?

Bruce Banner
10-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Garcia made the pro-bowl last year. He is a very competent QB in Gruden's system. He just got benched because Gruden is very arrogent. Adding Torry Holt or Roy Williams would give the Bucs a legit #1. Something that Antonio Bryant is not

Roy, Joey, and Antonio lining up three wide sounds about right...hell throw in Dexter to stretch the field. (If there was anymore left to stretch) :)

saintsfan912
10-08-2008, 05:00 PM
I meant a real QB, sorry.

Dr. Gonzo
10-08-2008, 05:00 PM

How does having Garcia on the bench mean you have a QB to to thrown Roy the ball? I think you should go after a WR saying you have a pro bowler on the bench who will not start this year again likely is a terrible answer.

Chucky
10-08-2008, 05:01 PM
How does having Garcia on the bench mean you have a QB to to thrown Roy the ball? I think you should go after a WR saying you have a pro bowler on the bench who will not start this year again likely is a terrible answer.

It actually looks like Garcia is going to start this week. So....

Dr. Gonzo
10-08-2008, 05:03 PM
It actually looks like Garcia is going to start this week. So....

Because Griese is injured. By the time any trade for a WR is made Griese will be back.

Chucky
10-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Because Griese is injured. By the time any trade for a WR is made Griese will be back.

Based on how each played last week, and how Griese threw 6 INTs the two weeks before. It is very likely that Garcia will stay as the starter, even when Griese gets healthy.

Dr. Gonzo
10-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Based on how each played last week, and how Griese threw 6 INTs the two weeks before. It is very likely that Garcia will stay as the starter, even when Griese gets healthy.

Time will tell I suppose. I picked up Garcia two weeks ago in my fantasy league hoping this would happen.

HawkeyeFan
10-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Link is here: http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C546/

Trade deadline approaching for Bucs

Posted By Ira Kaufman (Tampa Tribune) at Oct 07, 2008 at 03:00 PM

With only a week to go before the NFC trade deadline, the Bucs face a dilemma.

Given the uncertainty surrounding veteran WR Joey Galloway, Tampa Bay must decide whether to pursue another downfield threat for a passing game that ranks among the league’s least efficient.

The Bucs average only 5.45 yards per pass attempt and have rarely thrown deep during a 3-2 start that leaves them one game behind first-place Carolina in the NFC South. Galloway, who turns 37 in November, missed training camp with a groin strain and has been sidelined the past three weeks due to a foot injury that leaves Coach Jon Gruden anxious for his return.

If the Bucs decide to add another target through a trade, they could look toward some of the league’s bottom feeders for help.

Roy Williams of Detroit or Torry Holt of the Rams may be available for the right price and the Chiefs may listen to offers for TE Tony Gonzalez, a future Hall of Famer who still has the speed to go deep at age 32.

Through five weeks, the Bucs are averaging a league-leading 41 pass attempts per game, but the lack of production has Gruden frustrated. Tampa Bay averages only 9.2 yards per completion, tied with the Bengals and Chiefs for last in the NFL, and the Bucs have only five completions of 20 or more yards.

In contrast, the Panthers have completed 35 fewer passes but trail the Bucs by only 22 fewer receiving yards.

The Bucs are well under the salary cap and GM Bruce Allen has repeatedly suggested the club is positioned to make a run at a significant player if warranted.

All NFL trades must be completed by 4 p.m. next Tuesday.

Should the Bucs stand pat, or would they be wise to trade for a proven WR? How much would you be willing to give up for a Torry Holt or a Tony Gonzalez?

awfullyquiet
10-08-2008, 05:10 PM

But you know how Gruden is...

Rob S
10-08-2008, 05:16 PM

I like the link to the brandon jacobs article: "Jacobs doing big damage with smallish load"

Bruce Banner
10-08-2008, 05:18 PM
But you know how Gruden is...

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b1fcd7

RaiderNation
10-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Hopefully Oakland can trade for Ocho Cinco, Roy Williams or TJ WhosYourMomma.

Or

Al Davis dies and we get Matt Millen as our GM and draft a WR for 3 years straight so Russell can have some decent weapons

Hines
10-08-2008, 08:38 PM
LJ to the Steelers is wishful thinking. I would be so estactic if it happens, but I think there is a .1% chance we get him.

If we did, I wonder how teams would gameplan to stop Parker, LJ, Mendenhall(when he returns), and MM.

If we did get LJ, I could see us trading Parker.

Malaka
10-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Hopefully Oakland can trade for Ocho Cinco, Roy Williams or TJ WhosYourMomma.

Or

Al Davis dies and we get Matt Millen as our GM and draft a WR for 3 years straight so Russell can have some decent weapons

Having a team being run by Al Davis or Matt Millen is like death by electrocution or shark attack... what is the difference... either way you're ****ed

Breaker
10-08-2008, 09:26 PM
I hope someone steps up and take Rosencopter from the Texans. Rick Smith needs to get back on the phone with the Vikings.

Yung Flippa
10-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Baltimore needs a deep threat. Derrick Mason is a very solid possession receiver, but Mark Clayton is really inconsistent. I would love to somehow get Roy Williams. or Ocho Cinco =O, like that'll ever happen.

Bengals1690
10-08-2008, 09:33 PM
i would really love to get a draft pick or linebacker/center for TJ

WMD
10-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Albert Haynesworth wants the Titans to trade for a WR.. http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081008/SPORTS/810080324/1006/sports

We should definitely trade Roy to the Titans.. especially since we play them on Thanksgiving.

Geo
10-08-2008, 10:35 PM
The AFC looks really up in the air this year, so I kind of see where he's saying that from. Go for the jugular, etcetera. And his response (check the article) was actually pretty reserved, which is good to see/read.

However the Titans need every dollar to sign him long-term, which I am sure they will do. And I'm not sure trading for a wide receiver makes much sense for the Titans, unless one were to have a good deal of experience in that offense (and even then there's a great deal of transition). I don't think that is the case with either Roy Williams or TJ Houshmandzadeh.

My guess is Williams and Housh don't get traded, because of their impending free agent status. Detroit probably has more luck/success trading Roy Williams (after franchise tagging him) before/at the Draft imo.

Chris Chambers was signed past '07 when the Chargers traded for him, and even when the Colts traded for Booger McFarland in '06, their thought process was that they were getting McFarland for at least two years given that he was signed through '07 on his existing contract (of course it turned out that he would spend '07 on IR).

I think there is one mega caveat though, and that is if TO gets injured before the deadline. That would completely change the landscape nevermind the Cowboys' chances. Jerry Jones would have to make a move, probably for Roy Williams ... unless the finances are truly at the point currently where they couldn't re-sign Williams after they sign Ware to a new deal. Maybe cutting the inferior Williams would help. And perhaps they make a move for Holt instead, depending on his base salaries. Of course, that is all theoretically speaking at the moment.

GB12
10-08-2008, 10:40 PM
I think there is one mega caveat though, and that is if TO gets injured before the deadline.
Isn't the deadline Sunday?

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Isn't the deadline Sunday?

October 16th a thursday

so 8 more days

Mr. Stiller
10-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Rumors have San Fran expressing interest in Housh & Roy Williams.

Trades are rare mid-season, though, so I doubt either will happen.

LJ being traded is a silly rumor. I doubt many (if any) teams could afford his massive salary cap numbers.

The rumor entails....

1) KC is technically on the books for his salary this year. So whatever team gets him this year gets him off the books (From my understanding)

2) A Restructure of his deal.

I feel a content Larry Johnson could put this team over the top.. Parker, LJ and MeMo is nearly A perfect compliment of backs in the backfield...

Parker with his big play threat to start the game, get the defense tired from chasing.

LJ Splits the carries giving the defense a pounding.

MeMo takes a small % of carries... 5-8 a game and is our 3rd down receiving back.

If you restructure the deal right, you can bring him in for 1 year (Since we look like a decent competitor) and trade/cut him in the offseason IMO, when Mendenhall comes back. Unless he plays lights out.

I mean, Tennessee, Buffalo, Denver and Pitt seem like the top 4 teams in the AFC. We play Tennessee so that'd be interesting.

WMD
10-09-2008, 12:00 AM
What benefit does Larry Johnson get with restructuring his contract though? He's not going to do it just to benefit the Steelers. He should know how quickly his career could end, he's going to want to get as much money as possible.. I think he's the highest paid RB per year in the NFL. Restructuring that contract to something that would allow him to be cut/traded easily after this year is not the smartest thing for him to do, business-wise.

PACKmanN
10-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Lions should try and do this trade:

Lions trade:
Roy Williams
second round pick

49ers trade:
Manny Lawson
third round pick
Reggie Smith

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2008, 12:08 AM
What benefit does Larry Johnson get with restructuring his contract though? He's not going to do it just to benefit the Steelers. He should know how quickly his career could end, he's going to want to get as much money as possible.. I think he's the highest paid RB per year in the NFL. Restructuring that contract to something that would allow him to be cut/traded easily after this year is not the smartest thing for him to do, business-wise.

I agree completely. I'm just saying thats the only way I can see the deal being done.

Even so, if he's really malcontent, in KC he might be willing to take a cheap deal for a year for a way to get out. Nothing for sure.

Rumor is too that he's looking at Pitt becuase he wants to move close to home.

Rayray52
10-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Did everyone miss this in that yahoo sports article?

WR Chad Johnson, Bengals

Comment: Im amazed how quiet he has been. Maybe that injury is worse than we thought. You know he wants out and hes the most gifted receiver in the league.

what a joke that writer is

Splat
10-11-2008, 09:25 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/10/gonzalez-to-giants/

GONZALEZ TO GIANTS?

I don't put to much stock in to PFT but our local news and radio has been talking about it as well I feel like some one kicked me in the balls.:(

T-RICH49
10-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I hope it happens.He deserves a chance at a ring and god knows it's not happening here aytime soon

regoob2
10-11-2008, 10:28 AM

Lions trade:
Roy Williams
second round pick

49ers trade:
Manny Lawson
third round pick
Reggie Smith
I could see the Lions wanting that.

Jughead10
10-11-2008, 10:47 AM

GONZALEZ TO GIANTS?

I don't put to much stock in to PFT but our local news and radio has been talking about it as well I feel like some one kicked me in the balls.:(

How much does he have left on his contract? I don't know if I trust the rumor either. I can't see the Giants giving up anything big for him. They already have one of the best offenses in the league, if not the best. Maybe a 3rd rounder for him?

BeerBaron
10-11-2008, 10:54 AM
3rd rounder for Gonzalez would be a brilliant move by the Giants. They get a guy who is still a real weapon and will be much quieter than a guy like Shockey would have been....

I'd be all for that if I were the Giants and the money worked out. They'd easily become the top team in all of football right now.

Splat
10-11-2008, 11:09 AM
How much does he have left on his contract? I don't know if I trust the rumor either. I can't see the Giants giving up anything big for him. They already have one of the best offenses in the league, if not the best. Maybe a 3rd rounder for him?

He just got a 6 year deal last season I don't see the Chiefs taking any thing less then a 2nd round pick that being said I don't want to see him go for any thing.

BeerBaron
10-11-2008, 11:31 AM
He just got a 6 year deal last season I don't see the Chiefs taking any thing less then a 2nd round pick that being said I don't want to see him go for any thing.

The Giants are interested in Gonzalez, not LJ

Splat
10-11-2008, 12:07 PM
The Giants are interested in Gonzalez, not LJ

I know Gonzo just got a new deal last year as well.

BeerBaron
10-11-2008, 12:26 PM

wow, that seems pretty asinine...did they want him playing into his 40's or what? lol

maybe he'd take a pay cut to get on a team with a shot at a championship...probably the only way that one would go down now.

iBoldin
10-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I kinda want the Cards to grab another proven corner, DRC has played well, but he's also had spots where he's been meh. Rod Hood has been great though.

T-RICH49
10-11-2008, 01:10 PM

I though Gonzo's deal was for 5 years and he signed it 2 years ago?

bearsfan_51
10-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I kinda want the Cards to grab another proven corner, DRC has played well, but he's also had spots where he's been meh. Rod Hood has been great though.
Who is going to trade a proven corner? Maybe the Lions and Leigh Bodden, but Bodden really isn't very good.

Number 10
10-11-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't see the Giants going after the Gonzalez unless the asking price from KC is a lot lower than I assume.

Boss was a major concern heading into the season but he has graded out very well throughout the start of this year. Reese does well with his draft picks, thus shipping them away for a rental is unlikely.

Menardo75
10-11-2008, 02:03 PM

Lions trade:
Roy Williams
second round pick

49ers trade:
Manny Lawson
third round pick
Reggie Smith

Ill take no for 500

Splat
10-11-2008, 02:28 PM
I though Gonzo's deal was for 5 years and he signed it 2 years ago?

Your right it was a 5 year deal but he is only 1 and a half years in to it I believe?

T-RICH49
10-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Your right it was a 5 year deal but he is only 1 and a half years in to it I believe?

I thought he signed it sometime after the Indy playoff game

MetSox17
10-11-2008, 02:43 PM

Lions trade:
Roy Williams
second round pick

49ers trade:
Manny Lawson
third round pick
Reggie Smith

And while they're at it, Detroit will get on their knees and wax the 9'ers pole.

Shane P. Hallam
10-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Profootball talk is reporting that the Chiefs are making an effort to trade Tony Gonzalez. Rumor is the Giants may be interested.

Sniper
10-11-2008, 03:52 PM

GONZALEZ TO GIANTS?

You don't say, JBond?

Shane P. Hallam
10-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Damn, I even looked back, but not far enough!

vidae
10-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I would hate Tony G to finish his career somewhere else but he has been here for years, has always been a positive influence with the organization and has always been a real professional. I want him to have a real shot at a ring before his career is over.

Now, LJ on the other hand, get him the hell out of here as fast as humanly possible. He is still a great runner but I (and most KC fans) are tired of watching him NOT try. He knew we wouldn't be a great team but we have players (Jamaal Charles, Kolby Smith) who try every single opporunity they get and those are the kind of players you re-build a team with.

Brodeur
10-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Ill take no for 500

You'll take no? That trade is ******* ridiculous for the Lions considering that Lawson isn't anything special and Reggie Smith/third rounder is not worth Roy Williams/2nd rounder. What a horrid proposal.

BamaFalcon59
10-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Gonazalez to the Falcons for a fourth. I would do it.

vidae
10-11-2008, 08:21 PM

He's worth more than a 4th.

scottyboy
10-11-2008, 08:25 PM

he wants to go to a contender... and that's stupid for the Falcons. regardless of how good they've looked at times this year, they shouldn't go trading draft picks for a 30+(32 i think?) year old TE, it'd be stupid.

I wouldn't mind the Giants giving up a 4th or PERHAPS a 3rd for him. we'd still have 2 2nds, so it'd be all good

scottyboy
10-11-2008, 08:26 PM
He's worth more than a 4th.

not by all that much. Perhaps a 3rd, considering it'd be from a contender most likely. He's an aging TE who's come out and requested a trade. He's on the decline because of his age. I'd give a 3rd for him.

vidae
10-11-2008, 08:28 PM
not by all that much. Perhaps a 3rd, considering it'd be from a contender most likely. He's an aging TE who's come out and requested a trade. He's on the decline because of his age. I'd give a 3rd for him.

I don't get why people think he's on the decline. I'm not going to post his last seasons stats again, because it'll all be argued that stats aren't everything anyway, but he is not declining. Most people equate age with decline and for Tony it just isn't there, yet anyway. If there is any decline in his play it's because our offense is so bad.

He, himself, is not in decline.

scottyboy
10-11-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't get why people think he's on the decline. I'm not going to post his last seasons stats again, because it'll all be argued that stats aren't everything anyway, but he is not declining. Most people equate age with decline and for Tony it just isn't there, yet anyway. If there is any decline in his play it's because our offense is so bad.

He, himself, is not in decline.

the physical toll of playing TE as well as getting older equal on the decline. I haven't heard much from him on the field this year and I take from that he's not putting up big numbers, albeit probably caused by KC's stagnant O, they don't help disprove the decline theory, especially when it comes for teams talking deals with the Chiefs

scottyboy
10-11-2008, 08:39 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/836918.html

I ******* love Jerry Reese.

and vidae- Gonzo specifically says he's winding down in his career in this article...

Malaka
10-11-2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/836918.html

I ******* love Jerry Reese.

and vidae- Gonzo specifically says he's winding down in his career in this article...

Jerry Reese is a bad ass the Chiefs want a third and he offers them a sixth lol.

adschofield
10-11-2008, 10:09 PM
If Jerry Reese thinks thinks he's getting Gonzo for a 6th, he's dreaming...It's not like we have to trade Gonzo....

BamaFalcon59
10-11-2008, 10:16 PM
he wants to go to a contender... and that's stupid for the Falcons. regardless of how good they've looked at times this year, they shouldn't go trading draft picks for a 30+(32 i think?) year old TE, it'd be stupid.

I wouldn't mind the Giants giving up a 4th or PERHAPS a 3rd for him. we'd still have 2 2nds, so it'd be all good

We want to compete now. A fourth for Gonzalez would be an upgrade.

TitleTown088
10-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Jerry Reese is a bad ass the Chiefs want a third and he offers them a sixth lol.

That's how it works all the time, not Just Jerry. That's usually how all negotiations work.

Bruce Banner
10-11-2008, 10:48 PM
If I was a Chiefs fan and Gonzo was traded for anything less than a 2nd (obviously a late one because it will be a contender), I would be seriously upset.

SuperMcGee
10-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Let the Bills and Chiefs put their byes to good use and hammer out a deal for Tony!

Number 10
10-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Doesn't make sense for a team to give up a premium draft pick for a rental.

And you have to consider the leverage here...Chiefs have none.

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 01:15 AM

how many 3rd round picks can essentially make you head and shoulders the best team in your conference?

if the Giants get Gonzalez and Plax stays out of trouble, that offense will be a handful to go with their defense

WMD
10-12-2008, 01:20 AM
how many 3rd round picks can essentially make you head and shoulders the best team in your conference?

if the Giants get Gonzalez and Plax stays out of trouble, that offense will be a handful to go with their defense

Giants should trade for Roy Williams too.

BeerBaron
10-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Giants should trade for Roy Williams too.

yanno, it goes to figure that you get what, 3 matt millen picks to work out? and one of them needs traded asap, lol.... its just sad. (well, not for me because i'm a bears fan...sad for you though, very sad...)

Number 10
10-12-2008, 01:24 AM

It's a rental though. You have to think long term when you are potentially dealing picks in the top 3 rounds. A 3rd round pick can be a very big addition to a team that drafts well, and Reese has shown his ability to do that.

This would also stunt the growth of Boss a little bit, whom has played well these first few weeks. And in a way, this kind of gives the notion that trading Shockey was a mistake. I just don't see it happening for anything more than a 4th rounder, and even that would have to have certain terms to it.

Geo
10-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Let the Bills and Chiefs put their byes to good use and hammer out a deal for Tony!
Gonzalez to the Bills, now that is an interesting idea.

Menardo75
10-12-2008, 01:53 AM
You'll take no? That trade is ******* ridiculous for the Lions considering that Lawson isn't anything special and Reggie Smith/third rounder is not worth Roy Williams/2nd rounder. What a horrid proposal.

It really is since Manny is going to be fine once he is healthy, and Reggie is their replacemnt for Walt.

WMD
10-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Tony Gonzalez will be traded to.. the EAGLES!

adschofield
10-12-2008, 09:29 AM

There is no leverage on either side...It's not like we need to trade Gonzo.

Sniper
10-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Tony Gonzalez will be traded to.. the EAGLES!

Oh God...a competent TE who catches everything thrown his way? I'd bust a nut.

scottyboy
10-12-2008, 11:24 AM
We want to compete now. A fourth for Gonzalez would be an upgrade.

lolz at thinking you can compete now...

and 10, Gonzo would help Boss that much more. Imagine getting tutored from one of the best ever? and a 2 year rental to make our O much more potent for possibly a 4th would be insane.

I'd give a 3rd considering it's a low 3rd. Plus, we're getting comp. picks for Mitchell and Gibril, it's not like picks would be at a premium

Leon Sandcastle
10-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Sirius reported the Chiefs have a deal in place for Gonzalez with an unreported team for a 3rd Rounder.

Could be between the Bills or Eagles. I'm leaning towards the Bills.

Chucky
10-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Sirius reported the Chiefs have a deal in place for Gonzalez with an unreported team for a 3rd Rounder.

Could be between the Bills or Eagles. I'm leaning towards the Bills.

I hope the Bills get Gonzalez. That would be awesome

BamaFalcon59
10-12-2008, 03:47 PM

and 10, Gonzo would help Boss that much more. Imagine getting tutored from one of the best ever? and a 2 year rental to make our O much more potent for possibly a 4th would be insane.

I'd give a 3rd considering it's a low 3rd. Plus, we're getting comp. picks for Mitchell and Gibril, it's not like picks would be at a premium

We're 4-2. We ARE competing now. Get that out of here.

You know whose not competing right now?

http://www.trilax.com/bigphoto/Rutgers%20Knight.gif

CashmoneyDrew
10-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Sick burn.

scottyboy
10-12-2008, 07:11 PM
congrats, you beat Detroit, Kansas City and the Bears, 3 of the worst teams in the league. And even the Packers are very "eh" this year. we'll see if you're really still competing 5-7 weeks down the road

bigbluedefense
10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
I would give at most a 3rd for Gonzo.

I think he would help our team, but Id also be worried that he might indirectly hurt our team.

Do we really need him? We're not starving for weapons, we can barely get all our own weapons on the field at once as is. Gonzo would just complicate matters.

Plus, do we want to screw with Eli's chemistry? Why? Its not worth the risk.

At the same time, he could stretch the field much better than Boss, and block better too. He's simply a better player, and a great veteran. So he adds a lot too.

Either way, I'd be happy if we get him or dont, its a win/win situation for me personally, but right now Id lean against it, just bc, i wouldn't screw with the good karma we have going on right now.

BamaFalcon59
10-12-2008, 07:48 PM
congrats, you beat Detroit, Kansas City and the Bears, 3 of the worst teams in the league. And even the Packers are very "eh" this year. we'll see if you're really still competing 5-7 weeks down the road

How are the Bears one of the worst teams in the NFL? They are 3-3 and their biggest loss is by a three point margin.

MarioPalmer
10-12-2008, 08:07 PM
How are the Bears one of the worst teams in the NFL? They are 3-3 and their biggest loss is by a three point margin.

I don't have any faith in a team that starts Kyle Orton...would you?

Geo
10-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Please stick to discussion about possible trades, chums.

BamaFalcon59
10-12-2008, 08:11 PM

With their defense and Matt Forte, I would.

And he, Orton, has 1,386 yards and a 87.6 passer rating after six games.

Brent
10-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Purdue, back in the day.

Babylon
10-12-2008, 08:58 PM

Not too stay off topic but Orton actually put them ahead today and the special teams and defense let them down.

Number 10
10-12-2008, 11:02 PM

Premium picks are top 100.

I don't think you give one away for a 2 year rental. And Gonzo is not exactly a great TE anymore. He is very average all around.

vidae
10-12-2008, 11:16 PM

I don't think you give one away for a 2 year rental. And Gonzo is not exactly a great TE anymore. He is very average all around.

He's a hell of a lot better than average, and he is a lot better than Boss, that's for sure.

Number 10
10-12-2008, 11:20 PM
He's a hell of a lot better than average, and he is a lot better than Boss, that's for sure.

Saying he is better than Boss doesn't mean much.

And he is still very serviceable. I like him, don't get the wrong impression. But in comparing him with other tight ends around the league. he is middle tier right now.

BlindSite
10-12-2008, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't mind Carolina trading for a bleedin' return man. This mark jones guy has gotta go. He let nearly every ball on punts bounce today. One punt went from the 15 to the 2 because he didn't get under it.

Its pretty elementary that you don't let it bounce if the coverage is going to make it and every other punt that day hasn't bounced into the end zone.

BamaFalcon59
10-12-2008, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't mind Carolina trading for a bleedin' return man. This mark jones guy has gotta go. He let nearly every ball on punts bounce today. One punt went from the 15 to the 2 because he didn't get under it.

Its pretty elementary that you don't let it bounce if the coverage is going to make it and every other punt that day hasn't bounced into the end zone.

What happened to Ryne Robinson? He was a great return man in college and did it some last year if I recall correctly.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 11:50 PM
And he is still very serviceable. I like him, don't get the wrong impression. But in comparing him with other tight ends around the league. he is middle tier right now.

What the hell?
Year G Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FD
2007 16 99 1172 11.8 31 5 59

He had 99 catches last year. That's not upper tier?

His performance has been sustained his entire career.

BlindSite
10-12-2008, 11:51 PM
What happened to Ryne Robinson? He was a great return man in college and did it some last year if I recall correctly.

Yeah he was great last year. Did all the little things right and was pretty decent in run backs.

Trouble is, he hurted his knee and now sits on IR.

WMD
10-13-2008, 12:00 AM

If the team thinks the 2 year rental will get them a Superbowl victory, I'm sure they would trade that Top 100 pick.

CashmoneyDrew
10-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Lions WMD, we'll give you Vince Young, Chris Henry and Justin McCaerins for Calvin Johnson. What say you?

PoopSandwich
10-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Browns will give you Derek Anderson Donte ouch I strained my quad again Stallworth a bag of potato chips and Romeo Crennel for Calvin Johnson.

Bruce Banner
10-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Gaines Adams and Michael Clayton for Calvin. Get er done Mill.

PoopSandwich
10-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Gaines Adams and Michael Clayton for Calvin. Get er done Mill.

MATT MILLEN!!!

He no longer exists.

Bruce Banner
10-13-2008, 12:50 AM
MATT MILLEN!!!

He no longer exists.

That's the only way it would work. He would have to be at the helm.

djp
10-13-2008, 12:51 AM
Vikings could use Tony G.... it's not like we do anything with our draft picks anyways.

BlindSite
10-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Vikings could use Tony G.... it's not like we do anything with our draft picks anyways.

Vikings need a QB. If they had drew brees they'd be undefeated.

awfullyquiet
10-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Vikings need a QB. If they had drew brees they'd be undefeated.

Rex Grossman > Vikings QB's.

Plus add BB to the mix. It's like little chicago that twin cities area is... HHH!

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 05:03 AM

hahaha He is average? Do you even watch him? He is like the only offense for the Chiefs

Number 10
10-13-2008, 07:19 AM
What the hell?

Who else does KC have to throw the ball to?

Stats aren't the argument here.

Number 10
10-13-2008, 07:24 AM
If the team thinks the 2 year rental will get them a Superbowl victory, I'm sure they would trade that Top 100 pick.

But Gonzalez is not the kind of guy that puts a team over the top. I felt the Skins overpaid for Taylor in giving up a 2nd. That is a 2 year rental that will not make the kind of impact a top 100 pick SHOULD make in the future if you draft right.

I am attached to draft picks, so I know I am on the other side of the fence here. But I guess that is just another discusison.

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 07:27 AM
How about Bowe? The fact that he throws everything his way is kinda a clue that he is not average. Seriously not calling him top is okay. But to say he is average is really bad

Number 10
10-13-2008, 07:28 AM
hahaha He is average? Do you even watch him? He is like the only offense for the Chiefs

Again, in comparison with other tight ends across the league. I would rank him somewhere in the 8-10 area if you need a number. If you want, I will come up with a list.

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Who would u say is better?
Id give u Witten, Gates and Cooley, maybe Winslow.

scottyboy
10-13-2008, 07:32 AM
But Gonzalez is not the kind of guy that puts a team over the top. I felt the Skins overpaid for Taylor in giving up a 2nd. That is a 2 year rental that will not make the kind of impact a top 100 pick SHOULD make in the future if you draft right.

I am attached to draft picks, so I know I am on the other side of the fence here. But I guess that is just another discusison.

I think he would. Teams aren't that afraid of Boss in the passing game, and with good reason. He's become an excellent blocker, but hasn't had many looks his way in the passing game. Gonzo would give us another great weapon to stretch the field and keep the safties on their toes. Imagine that redzone offense? Plax, Jacobs, Gonzo and Toomer? holy ****, Amani is probably the smallest at like 6'3!

again, we'd still have 3 picks in the first 64, and probable 4th or hell, maybe 3rd comp. picks coming from Kawika and Gibril

Number 10
10-13-2008, 07:35 AM
Who would u say is better?
Id give u Witten, Gates and Cooley, maybe Winslow.

I think the definites are...

Witten, Gates, Winslow, Cooley, Clark, Scheffler

And the 2 guys that I would take over Gonzalez now because they are on the same level but younger..

Heath Miller and Owen Daniels.

Number 10
10-13-2008, 07:40 AM
I think he would. Teams aren't that afraid of Boss in the passing game, and with good reason. He's become an excellent blocker, but hasn't had many looks his way in the passing game. Gonzo would give us another great weapon to stretch the field and keep the safties on their toes. Imagine that redzone offense? Plax, Jacobs, Gonzo and Toomer? holy ****, Amani is probably the smallest at like 6'3!

again, we'd still have 3 picks in the first 64, and probable 4th or hell, maybe 3rd comp. picks coming from Kawika and Gibril

I understand what you are saying.

But in terms of red zone threats, Boss is 6'6 and has soft hands. But in terms of everything else, yes he is a few levels below Gonzalez.

Sure we may have a lot of picks in the top 5 rounds in April and losing a 3rd may not be a big deal on the surface, but he just isn't a guy I would give anything more than a 4th for. The two 2nds and 3rd can be very valuable on draft day if Reese wants to trade up and he was very close to trading up in the 1st round of 2007 and the 2nd round of 2008. With more picks, he may be more willing to pull the trigger and knowing his ability to find talent in all rounds of the draft, I'd like to start trading then instead of now.

bigbluedefense
10-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Here's the real question to ask yourself:

Does getting Gonzalez make us a clearcut favorite to win it all? Does he impact our offense that much?

I think the answer is no. We're dynamic without him. So now the question becomes what are we willing to give up for him?

I think anything more than a 3rd is way too much, for our team at least. We don't need him. And Boss is developing quite nicely. Give him time, he'll only get better.

I wouldn't be upset if we got Gonzo bc he's clearly an upgrade, but at the same time, i don't want to screw with Eli's chemistry. Its not worth it really.

Number 10
10-13-2008, 07:55 AM
Here's the real question to ask yourself:

Does getting Gonzalez make us a clearcut favorite to win it all? Does he impact our offense that much?

I think the answer is no. We're dynamic without him. So now the question becomes what are we willing to give up for him?

I think anything more than a 3rd is way too much, for our team at least. We don't need him. And Boss is developing quite nicely. Give him time, he'll only get better.

I wouldn't be upset if we got Gonzo bc he's clearly an upgrade, but at the same time, i don't want to screw with Eli's chemistry. Its not worth it really.

That is exactly it. Gonzalez is a nice player, definitely someone that can make an impact. But when the Giants drafted Boss to begin with, it was well known he was a 3-5 year project. Considering the fact he has been in the league for a year and some....just to see where is already at, you would hate to stunt his growth and send him back to the sideline.

Just another thing to think about. It looks like the 2009 class is going to be LOADED at left tackle. Wouldn't it be nice to have our expected 11 draft picks in April in case there is an opportunity to move up and grab someone?

bigbluedefense
10-13-2008, 08:01 AM
That is exactly it. Gonzalez is a nice player, definitely someone that can make an impact. But when the Giants drafted Boss to begin with, it was well known he was a 3-5 year project. Considering the fact he has been in the league for a year and some....just to see where is already at, you would hate to stunt his growth and send him back to the sideline.

Just another thing to think about. It looks like the 2009 class is going to be LOADED at left tackle. Wouldn't it be nice to have our expected 11 draft picks in April in case there is an opportunity to move up and grab someone?

I definitely agree. Boss has exceeded expectations at this point. He's a great pass catcher, and his run blocking has gotten much better this year. He's developing quicker than I had imagined.

And I definitely agree on the 2nd point too. Although, with the way Diehl is playing at LT, it might be a good idea to keep him there. He's playing like a PB LT right now, and reminds me a lot of what Jake Long could be. Do we mess with that?

Realistically, I don't see Oher or Monroe slipping. Now if Phil Loadholt becomes available, i say we definitely pounce on that. Throw that badboy at RT and drool over our run blocking.

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Seriously? Owen Daniels on the same level? Tony Scheffler better? Really?

Number 10
10-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Seriously? Owen Daniels on the same level? Tony Scheffler better? Really?

I think so, yes.

Splat
10-13-2008, 10:19 AM
And Gonzo is not exactly a great TE anymore. He is very average all around.

Wow just wow.

Jughead10
10-13-2008, 10:57 AM
How about a 4th and Sinorice Moss for Gonzalez.

Splat
10-13-2008, 10:59 AM
How about a 4th and Sinorice Moss for Gonzalez.

How about I pay you to take Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson?

Jughead10
10-13-2008, 11:01 AM
How about I pay you to take Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson?

Thats the only way I could see Gonzalez getting traded. A deal like that. Unless another team gets him. Giants aren't going to give up anything of value.

Geo
10-13-2008, 11:02 AM
There's no way Scheffler is better than Gonzalez, Tony is a much better blocker and can actually stay healthy.

Owen Daniels, I like the guy, but wouldn't say he's better either.

MetSox17
10-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Anyone wanna trade us a LG? :(

Splat
10-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Tony Gonzalez: Confirms Desire to be Traded (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-onyonzalezonfirmsesi&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy)

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Anyone wanna trade us a LG? :(

You can trade for Pete Kendall, in addition to being a LG he can backup as a TE and punt returner and occasional HB.

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Jim Brown 2.0

locseti
10-13-2008, 06:58 PM
why would the giants want to trade for Tony G, they don't even use the TE now.

CC.SD
10-13-2008, 07:05 PM
why would the giants want to trade for Tony G, they don't even use the TE now.

Circular logic?

If they have Tony G. they will use the TE. Trust me.

locseti
10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Boss is decent enough to be included in your game plan. Even when Plax was out they didn't look for him, they won't give anything up to get him, they can win with the WR's.

vidae
10-13-2008, 08:58 PM
What the hell?

Amen. I didn't want to bring stats into it because all people look at is age, but he is still a top-tier TE and that is not the homer in me talking.

vidae
10-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I think the definites are...

Witten, Gates, Winslow, Cooley, Clark, Scheffler

And the 2 guys that I would take over Gonzalez now because they are on the same level but younger..

Heath Miller and Owen Daniels.

I'd give you Witten, Gates, Winslow and Cooley. I could push on Clark. But Scheffler? Owen Daniels? Give me a break.

He has been a great player his ENTIRE CAREER. He holds every major mark for a TE. How you're putting some of these guys in the same conversation with him is beyond me. Not wanting to give up a third or better for the guy makes sense at an organization level, but come on man. This is laughable at best.