PDA

View Full Version : Bengal Protest

rickscott
10-08-2008, 02:42 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=117&f=1756&t=3114175&p=1

Don't know if this will do any good, but fans are fed up with the same old system over and over. Lack of scouts l;eading to poor drafts year after year while the company line is we build thru the draft. As an example, this year, having made 9 draft picks, our 0-5 Bengals have 1 of the picks getting any significant playing time. Need changes in Cincinnati!

21ST
10-08-2008, 03:08 PM
You would think they would be use to not winning and just accept it

Gay Ork Wang
10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
You would think they would be use to not winning and just accept it
like umm the Lions?

FlyingElvis
10-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh c'mon. There has to be some team in the AFC North keeping Browns Fans hopes up.

21ST
10-08-2008, 03:15 PM
like umm the Lions?

Yeah, its not like the Bengals have some kind of stong history of winning, they have the exact opposite. I honestly think they are expecting to much. Just be happy they have an NFL team because so many places dont.

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh c'mon. There has to be some team in the AFC North keeping Browns Fans hopes up.

took about 3 or 4 years befroe Matt got fired, so the Bengals should adopt a new stratagy

MarioPalmer
10-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Mike Brown won't step down, as much as I would love it, it's not going to happen. What they need is a son, sort of like BIdwells kid in Arizona. He is atleast taking the nessacery steps to make his football team competitive and bring in draft picks and signing FAs and extending stars' contracts unlike M.Brown. Brown is content with killing Carson Palmer, because as long as you have an elite QB fans will keep coming back, when you don't have a top flight QB fans don't see any hope so why pay attention, with Carson he knows fans will keep coming back thinking the next season is the season of bliss.

Thats why everyone knows in Cincy that Carson will never leave, well not if the managment has anything to say about it. He's the one guy they will keep on till the day he retires. It's sick, I wish the Bengals would bring in a Pioli or a Savage type GM who knows how to build a team. I mean seriously, how freggin hard is it? They got a top 5 QB they are already ahead of the pack of terrible teams out there. I mean think about it, can you imagine i the Begals would put Palmer on the market, teams would drop 2 maybe even 3 first round picks for him and this moron doesn't have the brass to build a team around him. It's just pathetic.

BlindSite
10-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Isn't their front office all family members of the owner.

themaninblack
10-08-2008, 05:28 PM
As far as I know they are mostly family members. Paul would be ashamed.

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 06:08 PM
As far as I know they are mostly family members. Paul would be ashamed.

Don't see how that can work out too well. IMO mixing family and buisness almost never turns out well.

themaninblack
10-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Ya well were all seeing how that works out.

bigbluedefense
10-08-2008, 06:32 PM
That defense is coming along. Don't sleep on it. Theyre a DE and possibly a DT away from being very very solid.

And the offense is fine, they just need to revamp some of the oline. This season was just terrible bc of the distractions. Get rid of Chad, he's a cancer.

This is one of the better 0-5 teams ive seen in awhile.

draftguru151
10-08-2008, 08:04 PM
They should hire toonster to be their scouting department.

Smooth Criminal
10-08-2008, 08:35 PM
And everyone is reporting that they're gonna let go of Houshmanzadeh at the end of the year. Talk about a huge mistake.

703SKINS202
10-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Don't see how that can work out too well. IMO mixing family and buisness almost never turns out well.

Seven: this rule is so underrated
Keep your family and business completely separated
Money and blood don't mix like two dicks and no *****
Find yourself in serious ****

21ST
10-08-2008, 08:52 PM
That defense is coming along. Don't sleep on it. Theyre a DE and possibly a DT away from being very very solid.

And the offense is fine, they just need to revamp some of the oline. This season was just terrible bc of the distractions. Get rid of Chad, he's a cancer.

This is one of the better 0-5 teams ive seen in awhile.

Talent isnt this teams problem

bigbluedefense
10-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Talent isnt this teams problem

Get rid of Henry and Johnson, and the attitude of that team changes immediately.

I used to think Lewis needed to go. I no longer feel that way.

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 09:48 PM
I feel bad for Lewis, he was put in such a bad situation and givin the circumstances i think that he's done a good job with the team. But since the team has played poorly last season and so far this year, it seems likely that he'll be fired at the end of this season.

MarioPalmer
10-08-2008, 11:14 PM
And everyone is reporting that they're gonna let go of Houshmanzadeh at the end of the year. Talk about a huge mistake.

They probably will, the most annoying thing is that they had a chance to move Chad Johnson for a 1rst at least this past off-season yet they didn't act on it. That could have been a player that would be building block for the future. The rumor was it was the Redskins, that means they had a shot at Philip Merling, Dustin Keller, DeSean Jackson, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Johnson, Lawrence Jackson, or Curtis Loften. Not to mention I would think they would have thrown in a 3rd or a 4th for him as well.

Dumping Houshmanzadeh would be a huge mistake, no one has more TD's then the combo of Palmer to Housh since 2005 and this team wojuld gladly dump him and try to find another in the draft. It's classic Bengals front office moves. Whats even more unreal is that with the cuts of Rudi Johnson and Willie Anderson this team almost saved themselves more than 13 million in cap space but I would bet they don't even try to get themselves a huge impactful free agent.

The players that could help turn the Bengals around in 2009 would be these few guys:

Terrell Suggs DE- 25 years old
Karlos Dansby OLB/MLB- 26 years old
Channing Crowder OLB/MLB- 24 years old
Kelvin Hayden CB- 25 years old
Jordan Gross ORT- 28 years old
Vernon Carey ORT- 27 years old
Darren Sproles RB/KR/PR- 25 years old
Devery Henderson WR- 26 years old

And of coarse resign T.J. Houshmanzadeh and trade Chad Johnson during the offseason of during the draft for maximum value. If they can sign at least 2 of those guys and resign T.J. then they would be taking the right steps to turning this franchise around and showing Carson Palmer that the front office is serious about winning and making the team competitive.

Mr. Stiller
10-08-2008, 11:51 PM
They probably will, the most annoying thing is that they had a chance to move Chad Johnson for a 1rst at least this past off-season yet they didn't act on it. That could have been a player that would be building block for the future. The rumor was it was the Redskins, that means they had a shot at Philip Merling, Dustin Keller, DeSean Jackson, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Johnson, Lawrence Jackson, or Curtis Loften. Not to mention I would think they would have thrown in a 3rd or a 4th for him as well.

Dumping Houshmanzadeh would be a huge mistake, no one has more TD's then the combo of Palmer to Housh since 2005 and this team wojuld gladly dump him and try to find another in the draft. It's classic Bengals front office moves. Whats even more unreal is that with the cuts of Rudi Johnson and Willie Anderson this team almost saved themselves more than 13 million in cap space but I would bet they don't even try to get themselves a huge impactful free agent.

The players that could help turn the Bengals around in 2009 would be these few guys:

Terrell Suggs DE- 25 years old
Karlos Dansby OLB/MLB- 26 years old
Channing Crowder OLB/MLB- 24 years old
Kelvin Hayden CB- 25 years old
Jordan Gross ORT- 28 years old
Vernon Carey ORT- 27 years old
Darren Sproles RB/KR/PR- 25 years old
Devery Henderson WR- 26 years old

And of coarse resign T.J. Houshmanzadeh and trade Chad Johnson during the offseason of during the draft for maximum value. If they can sign at least 2 of those guys and resign T.J. then they would be taking the right steps to turning this franchise around and showing Carson Palmer that the front office is serious about winning and making the team competitive.

This would just be my opinion but...

Fire Lewis...
Unload Chad Johnson for a 1st+3rd or 4th.
Cut Chris Henry

Sign Terell Suggs.

Perhaps draft a RB, TE, DT, DE, OLB+MLB, CB and they're right in the thick of it IMO>

FlyingElvis
10-09-2008, 09:41 AM

IDK, I'm guessing it is working out great for the family. They all make mad loot while esentially looting every Bengals fans' wallet.

It does seem like Lewis has effectively been emasculated when it comes to personnel decisions. The whole "Chris Henry will never be back here" thing is a giant disgrace.

I still expect to see Chad traded after the season, TJ re-signed, and Marvin fired. But nothing will change as long as the asylum is run by the loons.