PDA

View Full Version : Tebow 'can't say for sure' he'll stay

Cigaro
10-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I put this here instead of College Football section mainly because he's a big time player at least collegiately, and the issue of whether he would come out or not has been debating. Many say no chance, but you have to take this article into consideration:

Tebow 'can't say for sure' he'll stay at Florida
Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback could leave after junior year for NFL

NBCSports.com
By Dave Curtis
updated 1 hour, 52 minutes ago

You probably think you know all there is to know about Tim Tebow. Since his high-profile recruitment, there has been no shortage of ink spilled about his on-field accomplishments. In 2006, he was the change-of-pace quarterback on Florida's national championship team as a freshman. Last season, he became the first player in NCAA history to rush for 20 touchdowns and pass for 20 touchdowns and the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy.

SN: Can you say for sure you'll be back here next year?
TEBOW: I can't say for sure, no.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27068938/

STARHEATHER
10-08-2008, 04:01 PM
i hope he comes out. then the fraud can be exposed finally and we wont have to hear is name anymore other than why was he good in college and didnt make it in the nfl like its some big secret

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 04:01 PM
If he grades out as a top pick then why not?

Bruce Banner
10-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Wow, I actually agree with myth. I've been infected, kill me now.

Babylon
10-08-2008, 04:06 PM
i hope he comes out. then the fraud can be exposed finally and we wont have to hear is name anymore other than why was he good in college and didnt make it in the nfl like its some big secret

Matt Leinart with speed will probably get him drafted relatively high.

BBIB
10-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I think what he means is that it's not a zero percent chance he leaves.

Im sure his goal is to win the National Championship. Anything short of that and no way does he come out IMO.

But if he gets another National Championship and possibly another Heisman trophy, then I think he'll pretty much decide he's accomplished everything he can at the college level.

As far as getting exposed, I doubt it. BTW, since when is a QB exposed in their rookie season? Then again with all the people with an agenda against Tim Tebow, they will call him a bust if he isn't perfect in his first pre-season game, let alone first season.

Michigan
10-08-2008, 04:49 PM

Matt Leinart with speed still sounds like a pretty crappy NFL quarterback.

BBIB
10-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Im not sure what Matt Leinart has to do with Tim Tebow.

regoob2
10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Quite possibly the worst comparison ever. Total opposite playing styles and systems.

Babylon
10-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Quite possibly the worst comparison ever. Total opposite playing styles and systems.

Who cares about systems?, it's not like they can't change when they get to the NFL. Both guys are pretty accurate mid range passers, good leaders and both can throw on the run, hardly see that as an unreal comparison.

regoob2
10-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Who cares about systems?, it's not like they can't change when they get to the NFL. Both guys are pretty accurate mid range passers, good leaders and both can throw on the run, hardly see that as an unreal comparison.
Other than being left handed they have nothing in common.
Leinart:
quick release
below average arm
not mobile
pro style offense

Tebow:
The opposite of everything above.

holt_bruce81
10-08-2008, 06:08 PM
He needs to stay, work on his mechanics.

keylime_5
10-08-2008, 06:31 PM
He could stay for ten years I still don't think he'd be a good NFL QB either way. He should stay b/c I think it would be a waste to throw away a year of college, and if he stays he can improve his stock which is down from where it was after his great sophomore season.

princefielder28
10-08-2008, 07:17 PM

The progression of his mechanics would take place quicker in the NFL, not staying another year at Florida

Vikes99ej
10-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Good, the sooner he gets out of college football, the better. I'm so sick of hearing about him.

scottyboy
10-08-2008, 07:23 PM
I'll be the nice guy and say, for his sake, he should stay in college, go for a title shot next year, enjoy it while you can. Mainly because you're going to SUCK in the NFL and be a total bust and will need some good memories...

unless he's a backup on a team that wins the Super Bowl...

*40 years from now* "Damn Timmy III, you're granpda held that clipboard like no other"

Babylon
10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Good, the sooner he gets out of college football, the better. I'm so sick of hearing about him.

I heard he's high on the Vikings board.:)

SuperKevin
10-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Luckily for Tebow, he seems like a pretty good team player. Hopefully he's open to a position change unlike Eric Crouch was at first.

M.O.T.H.
10-08-2008, 08:29 PM
What position is he going to change to? FB, H-Back? He doesnt have the speed to make a position change. It's QB or bust. I do see him as a future 1st round pick, though. I just see him surprising a bit when he tests. Someone will probably fall in love with something about him. I just really cant see it going down any other way.

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 09:39 PM
What position is he going to change to? FB, H-Back? He doesnt have the speed to make a position change. It's QB or bust. I do see him as a future 1st round pick, though. I just see him surprising a bit when he tests. Someone will probably fall in love with something about him. I just really cant see it going down any other way.

It would be great to see tebow as a full back ii would love to see that

WCH
10-08-2008, 09:42 PM
If the NFL tells him he'll be a first round pick, I have to think that he'll bolt to the NFL. A lot of players will bolt to the NFL, regardless of what the league tells them, assuming a new CBA isn't in place. The next CBA is very likely to have a far more conservative rookie pay scale.

djp
10-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Fullback.

He is a great college QB and the perfect player for Urban Meyer's offense, but,

Alex Smith's lack of success at the NFL level is going to scare a bunch of teams off.

His throwing motion would have to be completely revamped, but he does have the natural arm strength. He has one of the slower loads I have ever seen throwing the football.

Tebow also is not an accurate QB at all. The one play that has stuck out in my mind is that 3rd down play he missed to Louis Murphy in the Ole Miss game. That is a throw that a starting NFL QB can make nearly every time. If the guy is not wide open he struggles to make it catchable.

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 11:05 PM
If the NFL tells him he'll be a first round pick, I have to think that he'll bolt to the NFL. A lot of players will bolt to the NFL, regardless of what the league tells them, assuming a new CBA isn't in place. The next CBA is very likely to have a far more conservative rookie pay scale.

Who wouldn't bolt for millions of dollars. Can't blame the guy if he does. Matt Lienart lost millions of dollars because he went back to USC for his senoir year so he could win a national title... that sure worked out for him. Not to mention he wasn't even really going to school, he had one class... ballroom dancing. He gained nothing by staying that extra year and i have no doubt in my mind that he would have gone #1 overall to the 49ers. He was a better prospect than Rodgers and Smith IMO.

Tim don't let this be you

SuperKevin
10-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Who wouldn't bolt for millions of dollars. Can't blame the guy if he does. Matt Lienart lost millions of dollars because he went back to USC for his senoir year so he could win a national title... that sure worked out for him. Not to mention he wasn't even really going to school, he had one class... ballroom dancing. He gained nothing by staying that extra year and i have no doubt in my mind that he would have gone #1 overall to the 49ers. He was a better prospect than Rodgers and Smith IMO.

Tim don't let this be you

He got an extra year of tagging 18 year old freshmen

thebow305
10-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Wow, I actually agree with myth. I've been infected, kill me now.

Wow, me too! I feel dirty and disgusting.

MarioPalmer
10-08-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm not a fan of Tebow at all, I think that there is more than enough evidence that will hurt him come off season workouts if he does declare. I also think he will be in for a major disspointment as well. This is a kid who will be following in the footsteps of Vince Young. Worshipped every where yet no one in the NFL gives a damn about him and fans will turn on him quickly if he doesn't produce with the amount of hype he will receive. This is a very tricky pick for a team looking for a QB. If he becomes a star he will be loved by everyone, but if he turns out to be a bust, it will affect a team for years not to mention destroy his own legacy.

hobbes2053
10-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Personally, I can't stand Tebow. He will not pan out as an NFL QB. He is more of a fullback than anything, which fits the Florida system perfectly. But in the league, he wouldn't be able to cut it at FB either. Tebow = bust.

BuddyCHRIST
10-09-2008, 06:02 AM
I don't think he'll be an NFL QB either and I hate his guts but loooking at it objectively, the quicker he gets away from Meyer the better. That offense is not helping him for the NFL at all, throwing drag routes and the spread option is not exactly the best preparation for the NFL.

Staubach12
10-09-2008, 10:42 AM
He should stray and enjoy success. He won't have any of that in the NFL.

CashmoneyDrew
10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
As a vols fan I hope him and the rest of the draft eligible Gators leave as soon as possible.

edgrenade
10-09-2008, 02:24 PM
It's because he is white....

There I said it.

Malaka
10-09-2008, 02:35 PM

There I said it.

What is because he is white? :confused:

There is a lot of Tebow hate, and I understand why, but he is not a bad kid take it easy on him. His mechanics in my opinion are his only real problem, his arm is average to above average, accuracy average, and his scrambling won't hurt him because any good coach can teach to not scramble as much, his brain power will also hurt him, I think he can be a good back-up/below average starter, not worth a 1st obviously. I know he looks and acts like a big dumb jock school boy but, we should take it easy on the Tebow hatefest going on, whether or not you like him as a prospect which I really don't.

BuddyCHRIST
10-09-2008, 02:48 PM
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Ddaniel160/TTheisman-758301.jpg

Babylon
10-09-2008, 03:05 PM
What is because he is white? :confused:

There is a lot of Tebow hate, and I understand why, but he is not a bad kid take it easy on him. His mechanics in my opinion are his only real problem, his arm is average to above average, accuracy average, and his scrambling won't hurt him because any good coach can teach to not scramble as much, his brain power will also hurt him, I think he can be a good back-up/below average starter, not worth a 1st obviously. I know he looks and acts like a big dumb jock school boy but, we should take it easy on the Tebow hatefest going on, whether you not you like him as a prospect which I really don't.

Good post, there is a lot of hate for the kid, whether it's because of the whole Christian thing or it's just the mob mentality where everyone just wants to pile on. Thing is most of these people that bash him for the fringe stuff would love him if he played for their team. As a prospect he gets downgraded a lot for the system there at Florida. My take is someone will take a chance on him somewhere in the 1st round although as of now he looks like the 3rd or 4th best of those that i think will be available.

ChezPower4
10-09-2008, 03:18 PM

Could have done that up in San Fran, while making millions of dollars

Sniper
10-09-2008, 03:49 PM

I think Leinart's into chicks, not dudes.

10-09-2008, 04:16 PM

Bad, bad example. Seriously think about what you are saying lol.

BuddyCHRIST
10-09-2008, 04:26 PM
I can tell you one reason Tebow gets so much hate is the media's blow job obsession with him who worships every thing he does. All his poor games are just because he's injured? Give me a break, his poor games are when you get pressure on him. UF fan's appointal of him as jesus and all the tebow superman crap doesn't help either. I think his whole attitude comes off as very self righteous though, mommy held him out of real school so he didn't have to get exposed to other people!

BBIB
10-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Luckily for Tebow, he seems like a pretty good team player. Hopefully he's open to a position change unlike Eric Crouch was at first.

All these "move to fullback" and Eric Crouch comparisons are absurd.

Some people are so anti-dual threat QBs that it completely clouds their judgment.

Guys like Eric Crouch were below average passers even at the college level, let alone the NFL level.

Tim Tebow is not only a productive college QB, but he can make all the throws on the football field. He doesn't have any physical or mental limitations that would stop him from being a solid pro QB.

THe notion that he would have to change positions is absurd.

BBIB
10-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Fullback.

He is a great college QB and the perfect player for Urban Meyer's offense, but,

Alex Smith's lack of success at the NFL level is going to scare a bunch of teams off.

His throwing motion would have to be completely revamped, but he does have the natural arm strength. He has one of the slower loads I have ever seen throwing the football.

Tebow also is not an accurate QB at all. The one play that has stuck out in my mind is that 3rd down play he missed to Louis Murphy in the Ole Miss game. That is a throw that a starting NFL QB can make nearly every time. If the guy is not wide open he struggles to make it catchable.

So because Alex SMith failed Tim Tebow is going to be a bust? That is ridiculous. I guess Mark Sanchez is doomed to be no better than Leinart or John David Booty no matter what.

BTW, if you weren't so biased against the guy you maybe would have seen that Louis Murphy was held on that one play that you use as an example of why Tebow would fail in the NFL.

I can tell you one reason Tebow gets so much hate is the media's blow job obsession with him who worships every thing he does. All his poor games are just because he's injured? Give me a break, his poor games are when you get pressure on him. UF fan's appointal of him as jesus and all the tebow superman crap doesn't help either. I think his whole attitude comes off as very self righteous though, mommy held him out of real school so he didn't have to get exposed to other people!

Tebow is one of the most humble athletes in the world. Considering how much media praise he gets, I'd say that's nothing short of remarkable.

UF fans are crazy about him? Who woulda thunk it? I guess Oklahoma fans don't like Bradford and UGA fans aren't crazy about Moreno or Stafford?

Sniper
10-09-2008, 05:45 PM
So because Alex SMith failed Tim Tebow is going to be a bust? That is ridiculous. I guess Mark Sanchez is doomed to be no better than Leinart or John David Booty no matter what.

Thank you! Somebody who goes beyond the "ZOMGZ PLAYER A SUCKED SO PLAYER B WILL SUCK TOO" logic.

Tebow is one of the most humble athletes in the world. Considering how much media praise he gets, I'd say that's nothing short of remarkable.

True story.

UF fans are crazy about him? Who woulda thunk it? I guess Oklahoma fans don't like Bradford and UGA fans aren't crazy about Moreno or Stafford?

Dude, whatever. I SO hate Donovan Warren.

BBIB
10-09-2008, 05:46 PM

There I said it.

You know I used to think the hate on QBs like Vick and Mcnabb was a race issue. But Tim Tebow helped me understand it's a style of play issue. People just hate dual threat QBs. And when you go back and look at how Steve Young was viewed and how even Fran Tarkenton was unpopular, you realize that it's really a style of play thing.

People cannot stand dual threat QBs. Whether if it's a conscious or subconscious thing, that's just the way it is.

The agenda is certainly there and people cannot get enough of comparing every dual threat QB to emerge to Alex Smith and Vince Young. Conveniently two guys they can point to who were in spread option systems that didn't pan out. They use those two guys to hide behind to suggest why no dual threat QB can ever succeed.

Well they can hold on to that thought for now but there is no doubt in my mind that sooner or later there is going to be a guy to come along and destroy that mold. Of course I could point to someone like McNabb who has already done it or Vick to a certain extent when he was staying out of trouble.

But those guys aren't enough. It has to be a guy like Tim Tebow or Terrelle Pryor who can for once and for all put an end to this non-sense propaganda against dual threat QBs.

Turtlepower
10-09-2008, 05:46 PM
He should take the Joe Mauer route and play baseball.

Sniper
10-09-2008, 05:47 PM
It has to be a guy like Tim Tebow or Terrelle Pryor who can for once and for all put an end to this non-sense propaganda against dual threat QBs.

Pryor will need to learn to throw a spiral first.

BBIB
10-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Pryor will need to learn to throw a spiral first.

Yeah he doesn't throw the prettiest ball but he has shown signs of having decent throwing power and accuracy.

His biggest weakness right now is not making quicker decisions with the football. He is too careful right now. He's got to let it fly and throw it when he sees what he think he sees or take off if nothing is there.

The thing about Tebow is that all this hate on dual threat QBs and fear of Alex Smith/VY syndrome may actually help him if he falls to a better team like the Vikings for instance. Then of course he doesn't want to fall too far in a situation where he isn't even given a shot

ChezPower4
10-09-2008, 06:11 PM
I think Leinart's into chicks, not dudes.

Have you ever been to San Fran and seen the Women there? Damn! Although it's not on LA's level they still have lots of hot girls.

ChezPower4
10-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Thank you! Somebody who goes beyond the "ZOMGZ PLAYER A SUCKED SO PLAYER B WILL SUCK TOO" logic.

I don't buy into that logic ethier but you have to take that into consideration when your evaluating him.

SuperKevin
10-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Maybe if he stays in school for another year and really refines his play I'll think differently but as of right now I don't see how he can possibly succeed in the NFL. First of all, his strength as a runner will be neutralized in the NFL once he realizes he's not bowling over 19 year old kids anymore. With that said, I don't think he's been apropriately prepared for life as a pro Quarterback where he'll have to stay in the pocket and make plays with his arm vice his feet.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I do think it's funny that some think that he would actually attempt to become a FB. That's not going to happen. He's going to be QB at the next level...he might not be a great one but, that's what he'll be. Most power Rbs have trouble making the move to FB, Tebow wouldnt cut it there.

Sniper
10-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Have you ever been to San Fran and seen the Women there? Damn! Although it's not on LA's level they still have lots of hot girls.

No I haven't, but I was making a reference to SF's *** population.

jnew76
10-09-2008, 08:02 PM
I have said this before and will say it again. There are some parallels to Steve Young and Tim Tebow. Young was more of an athlete than a QB coming out of college. He went to the USFL and had some success. When he played at Tampa Bay, he was terrible and was traded to the 49ers because the Bucs drafted Testaverde #1 overall. It took Young almost 8 years to become a successful NFL passer after college.

I think that Tebow has the drive, ability, and intelligence to become a Pro QB, EVENTUALLY. His mechanics are decent, but need work. He has the feet to buy time and run at times similar to Young.

I think Tebow has a chance to eventually be an NFL signal caller, and could even be a very good one. But, it will take time. He needs some really good coaching. Mike Shanahan was Steve Youngs mentor in San Fran, and a similar situation is what Tebow would have to have.

SuperKevin
10-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I have said this before and will say it again. There are some parallels to Steve Young and Tim Tebow. Young was more of an athlete than a QB coming out of college. He went to the USFL and had some success. When he played at Tampa Bay, he was terrible and was traded to the 49ers because the Bucs drafted Testaverde #1 overall. It took Young almost 8 years to become a successful NFL passer after college.

I think that Tebow has the drive, ability, and intelligence to become a Pro QB, EVENTUALLY. His mechanics are decent, but need work. He has the feet to buy time and run at times similar to Young.

I think Tebow has a chance to eventually be an NFL signal caller, and could even be a very good one. But, it will take time. He needs some really good coaching. Mike Shanahan was Steve Youngs mentor in San Fran, and a similar situation is what Tebow would have to have.

Problem is that defenses are getting bigger and stronger now than they were in Steve Young's prime. Steve Young would likely be killed if he played the way he did against today's defenses.

jnew76
10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Problem is that defenses are getting bigger and stronger now than they were in Steve Young's prime. Steve Young would likely be killed if he played the way he did against today's defenses.

Well, he did retire due to concussions.

Babylon
10-09-2008, 08:43 PM

Defenses are certainly getting bigger but not better, i'll argue they were better back in the 70s and 80s when teams like Pittsburgh and Oakland had multiple HOF players on that side of the ball.

SuperKevin
10-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Defenses are certainly getting bigger but not better, i'll argue they were better back in the 70s and 80s when teams like Pittsburgh and Oakland had multiple HOF players on that side of the ball.

I never said better. I said bigger and STRONGER. It's called reading. You shoudl try it

Babylon
10-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I never said better. I said bigger and STRONGER. It's called reading. You shoudl try it

Lighten up tough guy, i'm trying to make a point. Your implication was that Young wouldnt run against the defenses of today, let me know if i'm wrong.

SuperKevin
10-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Lighten up tough guy, i'm trying to make a point. Your implication was that Young wouldnt run against the defenses of today, let me know if i'm wrong.

I'm saying his style of running wouldn't be successful. Young was always kind of a reckless runner and rarely chose to slide. That's a death sentence in today's NFL. I see Tebow having that same mentality thinking he can run over defenders liek he does in college

BuddyCHRIST
10-10-2008, 12:30 AM

BTW, if you weren't so biased against the guy you maybe would have seen that Louis Murphy was held on that one play that you use as an example of why Tebow would fail in the NFL.

I realize I'm being a homer, but I live in tallahassee and go to FSU an I have alot of obnoxious friends who go the UF as does everyone who lives here, and in the south Tebow gets so much f'in worship its ridiculous. No other fans down are even close but everyone knows UF fans are particularly obnoxious. And Tebow comes off as very fake humble to me, alot of it is the media's doing but all the volunteer stuff he does comes off as forced when everyone knows about every thing he does. Really random comparison, but its the same way Bono pisses me off, despite doing lots of good things, he makes sure everyone knows about it and acts like he's holier than thou because of it.

BBIB
10-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I realize I'm being a homer, but I live in tallahassee and go to FSU an I have alot of obnoxious friends who go the UF as does everyone who lives here, and in the south Tebow gets so much f'in worship its ridiculous. No other fans down are even close but everyone knows UF fans are particularly obnoxious. And Tebow comes off as very fake humble to me, alot of it is the media's doing but all the volunteer stuff he does comes off as forced when everyone knows about every thing he does. Really random comparison, but its the same way Bono pisses me off, despite doing lots of good things, he makes sure everyone knows about it and acts like he's holier than thou because of it.

This is one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. Tim Tebow does missions work for glorification?

Wow that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard!

Tim Tebow was doing that before you even knew who he was. The fact that the media does a feature on his work has nothing to do with that.

Seriously with an opinion that biased against Tim Tebow, clearly you aren't capable of objectively assessing him as a prospect

BBIB
10-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Maybe if he stays in school for another year and really refines his play I'll think differently but as of right now I don't see how he can possibly succeed in the NFL. First of all, his strength as a runner will be neutralized in the NFL once he realizes he's not bowling over 19 year old kids anymore. With that said, I don't think he's been apropriately prepared for life as a pro Quarterback where he'll have to stay in the pocket and make plays with his arm vice his feet.

The funny thing is that some of you act like running was Tebow's only strength.

He was 2nd in the nation in passing efficiency last year. His numbers are down this year but that's because UF has been trying to rely on players around him. Despite atrocious Oline play Tebow still has a 8/1 TD/INT ratio right now.

Tebow is not nearly as reliant on his legs as someone like Vince Young.

SuperKevin
10-10-2008, 11:10 AM
The funny thing is that some of you act like running was Tebow's only strength.

He was 2nd in the nation in passing efficiency last year. His numbers are down this year but that's because UF has been trying to rely on players around him. Despite atrocious Oline play Tebow still has a 8/1 TD/INT ratio right now.

Tebow is not nearly as reliant on his legs as someone like Vince Young.

how much of that can be attributed to the wide open spread offense? I hate comparing him to Alex Smith like other people are doing but you can't ignore the fact that he's playing in the same offense that made Alex Smith a #1 pick.

Babylon
10-10-2008, 12:06 PM

Why do i get the feeling that these guys dont call for media coverage everytime they do something good for someone. This is the first time i've ever heard someone bash Bono, you wouldnt be Republican by any chance?

BBIB
10-10-2008, 02:31 PM
how much of that can be attributed to the wide open spread offense? I hate comparing him to Alex Smith like other people are doing but you can't ignore the fact that he's playing in the same offense that made Alex Smith a #1 pick.

And Mark Sanchez is in the same offense that made Matt Leinart and John David Booty high draft picks.

Is he desitned no matter what to have a career no better than those guys?

Or maybe just maybe, will his individual talent separate him from those guys potentially?

Is Matthew Stafford doomed to be no better than David Greene, and every other UGA QB in history?

Bradford doomed to be no better than Jason White?

That logic is freaking ridiculous.

Alex Smith compiling gaudy numbers in the WAC out of all conferences being compared to Tebow who is in a far superior conference defensively and more importantly is by far a superior physical specimen than Alex Smith, is ridiculous.

This is not to even mention all the factors that could have contributed to Alex Smith being a bust like all the coordinators he's gone through and the porous line play that they've had in San Fran.

The idea that every spread QB is doomed to be Alex Smith and Vince Young is an argument devoid of logic. It's wishful thinking propaganda against dual threat QBs that people have bought into.

murdamal86
10-15-2008, 01:25 PM
And Mark Sanchez is in the same offense that made Matt Leinart and John David Booty high draft picks.

Is he desitned no matter what to have a career no better than those guys?

Or maybe just maybe, will his individual talent separate him from those guys potentially?

Is Matthew Stafford doomed to be no better than David Greene, and every other UGA QB in history?

Bradford doomed to be no better than Jason White?

That logic is freaking ridiculous.

Alex Smith compiling gaudy numbers in the WAC out of all conferences being compared to Tebow who is in a far superior conference defensively and more importantly is by far a superior physical specimen than Alex Smith, is ridiculous.

This is not to even mention all the factors that could have contributed to Alex Smith being a bust like all the coordinators he's gone through and the porous line play that they've had in San Fran.

The idea that every spread QB is doomed to be Alex Smith and Vince Young is an argument devoid of logic. It's wishful thinking propaganda against dual threat QBs that people have bought into.

cosign. i couldn't have said it better.

giantsfan
10-15-2008, 01:32 PM

Tim Tebow lacks the IQ to realize that being a good person in our day and age means that he's allowed to have the hollier than thou mentality most celebrity do-gooders, a la bono, relish.

Why do i get the feeling that these guys dont call for media coverage everytime they do something good for someone. This is the first time i've ever heard someone bash Bono, you wouldnt be Republican by any chance?

Seriously, this is the first time you've heard anyone bash bono? That's pretty surprising as the only people I know who actually like Bono are my parents friends and they like him cause U2's catchy and the started listening to them before they learned the language. I'm trying to keep myself from getting suspended again so I won't go on a diatribe about how bono is really the scum of the earth and a perfect example of why altruism can not exist in this country.

Babylon
10-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Tim Tebow lacks the IQ to realize that being a good person in our day and age means that he's allowed to have the hollier than thou mentality most celebrity do-gooders, a la bono, relish.

Seriously, this is the first time you've heard anyone bash bono? That's pretty surprising as the only people I know who actually like Bono are my parents friends and they like him cause U2's catchy and the started listening to them before they learned the language. I'm trying to keep myself from getting suspended again so I won't go on a diatribe about how bono is really the scum of the earth and a perfect example of why altruism can not exist in this country.

Whatever motivation that guys like Gates, Clinton and Bono have their efforts save millions of lives. I could care less about anything else regarding those folks.

Your parents are U2 fans, showing your age much?

giantsfan
10-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Whatever motivation that guys like Gates, Clinton and Bono have their efforts save millions of lives. I could care less about anything else regarding those folks.

Your parents are U2 fans, showing your age much?

That first paragraph might give away more than my parents friends liking U2. I still think that people's motivations matter and don't like people who only do good so that they can think more highly of themselves, I realize that with age I'll realize most people are narcistic scum and stop caring, but at the moment I don't.

I'm 20, I'm pretty sure the fact that I'm still in college gives away my age range.

aNYtitan
10-15-2008, 05:10 PM

Then this signifies that one team will probably waste their first round pick and waste millions of dollars. He doesn't profile as a quarterback in the NFL, and just doesn't have the ability. If it were all about physical ability, then he would have a shot, however all the physical tools doesn't bring you success. His best chance is to rework his mindset, and see if he can develop a better passing motion

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 05:19 PM
1. His 7 straight year running the spread? He can't read a defense. All he has to do is run through his checkdowns and look for the man underneath.
2. No touch. Average NFL arm. Pitcher like windup. Leftwich like molasses release.
3. Never been under center. (Supposedly had horribly mixed results in the Spring).
4. Would he dare try to run like that in the NFL?
5. He's a Gator QB. Those always work out.

Naanee11chargers
10-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Tim Tebow is the 2nd comming of alex smith

2003 173 266 2247 65.0 8.45 79 15 3 16 152.35
2004 214 317 2952 67.5 9.31 78 32 4 18 176.52

Tim Tebow
2007 234 350 3286 66.9 9.39 66 32 6 13 172.47
2008 93 149 1235 62.4 8.29 70 10 1 10 152.85
2008(proj) 186 298 2470 62.4 8.29 70 20 2 20 152.85

Tim tebow runs the same system under the same coordinator. when NFL taltent evaluators they are going to take this in to account. they have to, to invest millions of dollars into him just for him to be out of the leauge in 4-5yrs

Sniper
10-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Academic All-American, but hey, don't allow facts to get in the way of a good bashing.

neko4
10-15-2008, 06:25 PM
The progression of his mechanics would take place quicker in the NFL, not staying another year at Florida
How so? IMO, the higher the level of football (HS to Pros) the less things like mechanics get worked on.

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Academic All-American, but hey, don't allow facts to get in the way of a good bashing.

Holy hell! Did he really say that? LOL

princefielder28
10-15-2008, 06:27 PM
How so? IMO, the higher the level of football (HS to Pros) the less things like mechanics get worked on.

At Florida he will NEVER practice taking snaps under center, but once he gets to the NFL it will be Tebow, the center, and the corrdinator working on drops and his footwork from Day One. When you take on a project like Tebow it's all about starting from the bottom and gradually progressing to the top.

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 06:33 PM
At Florida he will NEVER practice taking snaps under center, but once he gets to the NFL it will be Tebow, the center, and the corrdinator working on drops and his footwork from Day One. When you take on a project like Tebow it's all about starting from the bottom and gradually progressing to the top.

That alone takes him out of the first round. I mean he is already rough around the edges when it comes to the basics of being a QB.

neko4
10-15-2008, 06:49 PM
True, once your a starter though the only thing that gets focused on is the playbook. But Tebow wont be a starter from day one.

murdamal86
10-16-2008, 08:16 AM
1. His 7 straight year running the spread? He can't read a defense. All he has to do is run through his checkdowns and look for the man underneath.
2. No touch. Average NFL arm. Pitcher like windup. Leftwich like molasses release.
3. Never been under center. (Supposedly had horribly mixed results in the Spring).

So by saying previous UF quaterbacks didnt work out, Tebow isn't going to work out? Explain that logic

10-16-2008, 08:32 AM
So by saying previous UF quaterbacks didnt work out, Tebow isn't going to work out? Explain that logic

Danny Wuerffel FTW !

giantsfan
10-16-2008, 09:24 AM

He must have "great tutors" :rolleyes: I love Tebow and actually root for UF when they're on but in every interview I've heard of him he's just sounded dumb as rocks.

Sniper
10-16-2008, 09:41 AM
He must have "great tutors" :rolleyes: I love Tebow and actually root for UF when they're on but in every interview I've heard of him he's just sounded dumb as rocks.

Right, he must. There's no way a kid who actually comes off somewhat intelligent could get a 3.8 GPA. How come Percy Harvin's not nailing down Academic All-America honors?

jj45
10-16-2008, 09:51 AM
What's with everyone comparing vince young to alex smith. I think everyone is call young and lienart bust(or underacheivers) because cutler is playing like a man on a mission so some fans have buyers remorse. I think that vince young has the tools to be a great quarterback but I just think he isn't what the titans want him to be they want steve mcnair. I think the titans made the mistake by not listening to norm chow if they had taken lienart instead of young both of these qbs would be thiving, lienart would be in his perfect system with his former teamate in white. And young would 2 stellar wideouts to throw to and the edge in the backfield Green would still have his job, but as for the smith/tebow comparsions are we forgetting that smith has had to learn 4 different systems I'm sure if u do that peyton or brady u would have a problem and the fact smith and young have no recievers( actually smith has Davis who I think is being under used) I think with that said given the right sitiutation if the right team is looking at him like patiorts or the seahawks or even indy some place wear he can sit learn hold the clipboard kinda like steve young did then take over and win a ring if he is surround by the system he will win and that's all it comes down to winning idc if its with his feet or his arm guys like mcnair, mcnabb, steve young , warren moon, vince young tebow, or even vick they find a way to win. And all tebow hater are stupid SEC fans who are tired of losing to him

Babylon
10-16-2008, 03:45 PM
What's with everyone comparing vince young to alex smith. I think everyone is call young and lienart bust(or underacheivers) because cutler is playing like a man on a mission so some fans have buyers remorse. I think that vince young has the tools to be a great quarterback but I just think he isn't what the titans want him to be they want steve mcnair. I think the titans made the mistake by not listening to norm chow if they had taken lienart instead of young both of these qbs would be thiving, lienart would be in his perfect system with his former teamate in white. And young would 2 stellar wideouts to throw to and the edge in the backfield Green would still have his job, but as for the smith/tebow comparsions are we forgetting that smith has had to learn 4 different systems I'm sure if u do that peyton or brady u would have a problem and the fact smith and young have no recievers( actually smith has Davis who I think is being under used) I think with that said given the right sitiutation if the right team is looking at him like patiorts or the seahawks or even indy some place wear he can sit learn hold the clipboard kinda like steve young did then take over and win a ring if he is surround by the system he will win and that's all it comes down to winning idc if its with his feet or his arm guys like mcnair, mcnabb, steve young , warren moon, vince young tebow, or even vick they find a way to win. And all tebow hater are stupid SEC fans who are tired of losing to him

A couple of things here, i agree Vince Young is in the wrong situation with the Titans, probably as long as Jeff Fisher is around. I would like to see him go somewhere else but i dont ever see him taking a team very deep in the playoffs unless he's totally surrounded by great talent like he was at Texas.

As for Tebow he is a pretty polarizing figure at the college level, people either love him or hate him. I think he is going to have to get some zip on the ball at the next level or he's not going too far. His throws take to long to find their target and that has to change. Someone will jump on Tim Tebow somewhere in round 1 no matter how many people disagree.

VandyTitans
10-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't think Sanchez, Stafford, Tebow, or Bradford comes out early. None of them come from families that need $ and they all seem to be genuinely loving their time in college. I want to find reasons to root against Tebow but it's just not possible, he's already arguably one of the top ten players I've seen play in the SEC in my life....with another year he'd certainly have to be considered as one of the conference's all time greats. I love the Titans and root for the Vandy guys in the pros, but basically the NFL kind of "meh" to me. Tebow can make a lot of throws, has good size, has great athleticism and mobility, and has demonstrated that he's tough (both mentally and physically)....what's not to like about this kid?

murdamal86
10-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Danny Wuerffel FTW !

so in that regards, Sam Bradford shouldn't be looked upon highly because Jason White didnt work out with the NFL, no?

Babylon
10-16-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't think Sanchez, Stafford, Tebow, or Bradford comes out early. None of them come from families that need $ and they all seem to be genuinely loving their time in college. I want to find reasons to root against Tebow but it's just not possible, he's already arguably one of the top ten players I've seen play in the SEC in my life....with another year he'd certainly have to be considered as one of the conference's all time greats. I love the Titans and root for the Vandy guys in the pros, but basically the NFL kind of "meh" to me. Tebow can make a lot of throws, has good size, has great athleticism and mobility, and has demonstrated that he's tough (both mentally and physically)....what's not to like about this kid?

How do you know any of them are loving their time in college? I think Bradford probably stays another year because stardom is pretty new to him where the other 3 have been highly touted since highschool.

FuzzyGopher
10-16-2008, 07:46 PM
At least one of them will come out just because the numbers. They would be dumb to all enter the same draft and fight against each other for position. I can see Stafford leaving and I have a feeling that Sanchez will stay just because USC has a better shot at a NC next year.

CC.SD
10-17-2008, 06:17 PM
In the time it takes me to type out this sentence, Time Tebow could not complete his full throw and release motion, which is not a great sign for his chances of panning out as an NFL QB and in fact becomes a worse sign the longer this sentence gets because I'm still beating Tebow and I'm not even that fast a typist.

Babylon
10-17-2008, 08:21 PM
In the time it takes me to type out this sentence, Time Tebow could not complete his full throw and release motion, which is not a great sign for his chances of panning out as an NFL QB and in fact becomes a worse sign the longer this sentence gets because I'm still beating Tebow and I'm not even that fast a typist.

My money's on him getting the pass of quicker than your typing.

CC.SD
10-17-2008, 09:01 PM
My money's on him getting the pass of quicker than your typing.

The fact that we could bet on it means he loses anyway.

Iamcanadian
10-18-2008, 03:36 PM
There is one serious reason for them all to declare. The creation of a rookie cap is being discussed and could scare a lot of junior QB's into declaring. We could see a mass exodus of college juniors this year as agents keep reminding them that waiting could cost them 10 to 35 million dollars if a rookie salary cap gets done.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-18-2008, 03:38 PM
There is one serious reason for them all to declare. The creation of a rookie cap is being discussed and could scare a lot of junior QB's into declaring. We could see a mass exodus of college juniors this year as agents keep reminding them that waiting could cost them 10 to 35 million dollars if a rookie salary cap gets done.

I think we can expect a very high number of juniors and third year sophomores to come out for this draft regardless, because the senior class has some huge weaknesses where the underclassmen groups are strong.

The potential for a rookie cap is definitely a factor, but I don't think it's going to be the main motivator.

d34ng3l021
10-18-2008, 04:40 PM

At the cost of a huge difference in salary. Right now, I see him as a 2nd-3rd round pick.

He can work on his mechanics and reads and he could end up being a mid-late first rounder. That right there is about a difference of a couple million or so dollars, along with a longer contract.

BBIB
10-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Tim Tebow is the 2nd comming of alex smith

2003 173 266 2247 65.0 8.45 79 15 3 16 152.35
2004 214 317 2952 67.5 9.31 78 32 4 18 176.52

Tim Tebow
2007 234 350 3286 66.9 9.39 66 32 6 13 172.47
2008 93 149 1235 62.4 8.29 70 10 1 10 152.85
2008(proj) 186 298 2470 62.4 8.29 70 20 2 20 152.85

Tim tebow runs the same system under the same coordinator. when NFL taltent evaluators they are going to take this in to account. they have to, to invest millions of dollars into him just for him to be out of the leauge in 4-5yrs

Mark Sanchez runs the same system as John David Booty. Matthew Stafford runs the same system as DJ SHockely and David Greene. Sam Bradford runs teh same system as Paul THompson.

So all these QBs are doomed to fail?

Babylon
10-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Mark Sanchez runs the same system as John David Booty. Matthew Stafford runs the same system as DJ SHockely and David Greene. Sam Bradford runs teh same system as Paul THompson.

Thank You...

BBIB
10-18-2008, 05:15 PM

1)Drew Brees ran the spread in college, Roethlisberger ran the spread in college, Orton ran it, and McNabb even ran the option in college

2)He has put touch on the football. He does have arm strength. And his release is nothing like the deliberate release of Leftwich.

3)Neither was Brees or Roethlisberger

4)He already runs less. Only ran like that because UF had nobody else.

5)Most schools QBs fail in the NFL

Cigaro
10-18-2008, 05:16 PM

Neither of those systems were as anti-NFL in terms of philosophy as the one that Urban Meyer employs.

robert pancake gallery
10-19-2008, 03:28 AM
tim tebow will do 40 reps at the combine and be the next jonathon ogden

Bruce Banner
10-19-2008, 04:48 AM
1)Drew Brees ran the spread in college, Roethlisberger ran the spread in college, Orton ran it, and McNabb even ran the option in college

2)He has put touch on the football. He does have arm strength. And his release is nothing like the deliberate release of Leftwich.

3)Neither was Brees or Roethlisberger

4)He already runs less. Only ran like that because UF had nobody else.

5)Most schools QBs fail in the NFL

1. Tebow can't touch those QBs.
2. He has none of those. Absolutely no fundamentals.
3. Once again. Brees and Roethlisberger > Tebow
4. No one else? WOW.
5. You realize that Tebow is in the same system as Alex Smith?

jj45
10-19-2008, 08:07 AM
5. You realize that Tebow is in the same system as Alex Smith?[/QUOTE]

You do realize the alex smith has had about 5 new offensive corridinators that with no recievers, zero offensive line help I think any young qb will fail

BBIB
10-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Neither of those systems were as anti-NFL in terms of philosophy as the one that Urban Meyer employs.

The option offense isn't anti NFL LOL

McNabb and Vick ran the OPTION.

McNabb went on to have the 2nd best TD/INT ratio in NFL history and Vick was actually top 10 in the league in passing TDs his last year in the NFL.

Meanwhile the so called NFL pedigree with pro style offenses like USC has produced tons of failures.

It's about your physical and mental tools not the offense.

Tebow has size, arm strength, and accuracy. He also has mental toughness and a great work ethic.

The only thing that will make him unsuccessful is what could make any QB unsuccessful: Injury or landing in a bad situation.

illmatic74
10-19-2008, 08:00 PM
The option offense isn't anti NFL LOL

McNabb and Vick ran the OPTION.

McNabb went on to have the 2nd best TD/INT ratio in NFL history and Vick was actually top 10 in the league in passing TDs his last year in the NFL.

Meanwhile the so called NFL pedigree with pro style offenses like USC has produced tons of failures.

It's about your physical and mental tools not the offense.

Tebow has size, arm strength, and accuracy. He also has mental toughness and a great work ethic.

The only thing that will make him unsuccessful is what could make any QB unsuccessful: Injury or landing in a bad situation. They ran the option in high school. Good point but I needed to point that out.

BBIB
10-21-2008, 05:54 PM
They ran the option in high school. Good point but I needed to point that out.

Guess you didn't watch college football in the late 90s.

They literally ran the option offense in COLLEGE at Syracuse and Virginia Tech with Vick and McNabb.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-21-2008, 06:20 PM
1. Tebow can't touch those QBs.
2. He has none of those. Absolutely no fundamentals.
3. Once again. Brees and Roethlisberger > Tebow
4. No one else? WOW.
5. You realize that Tebow is in the same system as Alex Smith?

1. Tebow has a Heisman in his sophomore year, who else can say that?
2. He does have an adequate enough arm that can make all the throws in the NFL and displays excellent touch on most passes. His windup is not as bad as people make it out to be.
3. Once again, Tebow has a Heisman in his sophomore year.
4. UF's RB's sucked last year. Meyer even threatened them that there would be no RB position because they were so porous. This year with the development of Chris Rainey and Will Demps, Tebow has been running a lot less than previous years.
5. Alex Smith would've been successful had it not been for his piss poor situation. 5 coordinators in 5 years will help one to succeed? Playing with absolutely no receivers or OL? Also he had a shoulder problem this year and all of last year.

Bruce Banner
10-21-2008, 06:23 PM
1. Tebow has a Heisman in his sophomore year, who else can say that?
2. He does have an adequate enough arm that can make all the throws in the NFL and displays excellent touch on most passes. His windup is not as bad as people make it out to be.
3. Once again, Tebow has a Heisman in his sophomore year.
4. UF's RB's sucked last year. Meyer even threatened them that there would be no RB position because they were so porous. This year with the development of Chris Rainey and Will Demps, Tebow has been running a lot less than previous years.
5. Alex Smith would've been successful had it not been for his piss poor situation. 5 coordinators in 5 years will help one to succeed? Playing with absolutely no receivers or OL? Also he had a shoulder problem this year and all of last year.

1. Heisman's mean NFL success? Since when?
2. Once again. No touch. Below average NFL arm.
3. Heisman means nothing.
4. My point still stands. He won't be able to run in the NFL.
5. The point still stands. UF QBs/QBs from that scheme blow.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-21-2008, 06:47 PM
1. Heisman's mean NFL success? Since when?
2. Once again. No touch. Below average NFL arm.
3. Heisman means nothing.
4. My point still stands. He won't be able to run in the NFL.

1. So you're basing that Tebow can't be as good as McNabb and Brees because of his play in college? I thought you were talking about as college players but you can't compare them in NFL, Tebow hasn't reached that stage yet.
2. Wow have you watched Tebow play? He puts plenty touch on his passes and has a better than average NFL arm.
4. Why will Tebow not be able to run? He certainly won't be able to run to the extent he did last year but him not being able to run at all is just an absurd notion.
5. Oklahoma QB's blow, does that mean you won't take Bradford? Texas QB's blow(from that system too) so you won't touch McCoy? UGA QB's blow, so Stafford is out of the question? USC QB's have been busts lately so Sanchez won't be your pick either? It's absolutely ridiculous to be prejudiced against another QB just because the school or system he is in.

nikkayeah
10-21-2008, 06:52 PM

another year in a gimmick offense will only hinder his progression as a pro-style qb

murdamal86
11-28-2008, 04:15 PM
i hope that he does stay. coming from a UF fan, i think that he's making some improvements as far as a passer although it's not like he's asked to do a whole lot passing wise. he's going to need atleast 3 years behind a good QB or good QB coach to where he can really hone his skills. all of what i'm saying has been said before but i just wanted to kind of revive this to see how everybody feels as this point in the season about Timmy.

PACKmanN
11-28-2008, 04:19 PM

Wasn't Rodgers a "system" guy? and look how he doing. System means nothing now-a-days, every College School is beginning to run a similar system on offense and most of the offenses in the NFL are running wildcats or spread offenses.

Borat
11-28-2008, 04:32 PM

Small point of contention, but his first 2 coordinators were good enough to be given head coaching positions the following year. Why is that a piss-poor situation? He had 2 awesome offensive coordinators to work with. BTW, those 2 coaches (Mike McCarthy and Norv Turner) went on to guide their respective teams to conference championship games. I don't think the coaching was the issue with Alex.

murdamal86
11-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Small point of contention, but his first 2 coordinators were good enough to be given head coaching positions the following year. Why is that a piss-poor situation? He had 2 awesome offensive coordinators to work with. BTW, those 2 coaches (Mike McCarthy and Norv Turner) went on to guide their respective teams to conference championship games. I don't think the coaching was the issue with Alex.

true but in a sense it wasn't like McCarthy and Turner inherited bad teams with young quarterbacks

killa3312
11-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Florida has had exactly one QB picked high in recent memory that I can think of, and that's Rex Grossman. Yes, he's been a bust, but he hasn't failed because he's a "Florida QB" or any garbage like that. He's shown flashes and has the talent, he's just extremely accident prone.

Before Larry Johnson succeeded, would you say not to touch a Penn State RB, despite how awesome he looked, because of all the prior failures? That's just plain dumb.

Danny Wuerffel, Shane Matthews, Doug Johnson, etc. None of them were expected to be good pros and there's a reason they were mid-round/late round draft picks. They weren't busts because they weren't highly thought of to begin with.

Tebow has the physical talent to be an NFL QB, and stating otherwise is plain wrong. There are other things that will hold him back, but it isn't because of a lack of physical tools.

murdamal86
12-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Tebow had a very solid passing game against a good FSU defense. Made throws in the pocket and throws outside the pocket. Doesn't have the quick delivery but he reminds me of a poor man's David Garrard.

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 10:58 AM
He really should. He's not going to work on his mechanics, footwork and making NFL reads at Florida. I think he declares, gets picked in the mid-late first and sits for a season to work solely on his mechanics. Then once he's sped up his deliver and got his footwork down you work him into the playbook.

Turtlepower
12-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Anyone else see Jacksonville picking him in the 1st for a marketing tool?

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Anyone else see Jacksonville picking him in the 1st for a marketing tool?

With the contract they jsut gave gerrard and how high they'll be picking I don't see it.

BBIB
12-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Florida has had exactly one QB picked high in recent memory that I can think of, and that's Rex Grossman. Yes, he's been a bust, but he hasn't failed because he's a "Florida QB" or any garbage like that. He's shown flashes and has the talent, he's just extremely accident prone.

Before Larry Johnson succeeded, would you say not to touch a Penn State RB, despite how awesome he looked, because of all the prior failures? That's just plain dumb.

Danny Wuerffel, Shane Matthews, Doug Johnson, etc. None of them were expected to be good pros and there's a reason they were mid-round/late round draft picks. They weren't busts because they weren't highly thought of to begin with.

Tebow has the physical talent to be an NFL QB, and stating otherwise is plain wrong. There are other things that will hold him back, but it isn't because of a lack of physical tools.

Of course it would be ridiculous to judge a QB by his predecessors instead of individual talent.

But Tebow is held to a different standard because of the bias against dual threat QBs and especially this new en vogue hate against the spread option

Traditional QBs aren't held to the same standard.

That's why you don't here McShay and Kiper hating on Sam Bradford because of Josh Heupel and Jason White.

That's why they don't hate on Matthew Stafford because of David Greene, DJ Shockley, etc.

They hold Tebow to some ridiculous standard of punishing him because of failures of one guy who played in a completely different conference of football and who's physically tools are mutually exclusive from those of Tebow.

DoWnThEfiElD
12-01-2008, 11:26 AM
He really should. He's not going to work on his mechanics, footwork and making NFL reads at Florida. I think he declares, gets picked in the mid-late first and sits for a season to work solely on his mechanics. Then once he's sped up his deliver and got his footwork down you work him into the playbook.

I agree. I think you can draft alot worse than Tebow at QB. I think his arm is fine for the NFL, and he is a winner with great leadership qualities. I personally think he will be successful in some aspect in the NFL.