qb
j freeman k st

te
j gresham ok
b pettigrew ok st

c
anoine caldwell ala

7 spots remaining for players yet to be determined

class value (includes all available players)

3-4 de d
4-3 de d
nt a-
4-3 dt f
3-4 olb a-
4-3 lb/3-4 ilb d
cb d-
s c-

t b+
g b+
c b-
te a-
wr c
qb f
rb d-

great year for ol, te, nt,3-4 olb
so so wr, s
few good prospects rb, 4-3 de, 4-3 dt, 3-4 end, 4-3 lb, 3-4 ilb, cb, qb

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-08-2008, 07:17 PM
qb
j freeman k st

I laughed.

islandboy843
10-08-2008, 07:22 PM
No WR are 1st round talent. :o

Malaka
10-08-2008, 07:23 PM
http://www.themadhat.com/images/fail_20at_20failing.jpg

CLong4Heisman
10-08-2008, 08:08 PM
]in no particular order by position

3-4 de
t. jackson lsu - Fine

4-3 de
greg hardy miss-Not yet
m. johnson gt- Overrated

nt
t.cody al See Johnson, Michael

cb
v. davis il Lack of Malcolm Jenkins

s
w.moore mo Not even the best Defensive player on his team

3-4 olb
e. brown fla st
b orapko tx
s kindle tx
g selvie sf
e. norwood sc

t
m oher miss
p loadholt ok
c black lsu Dunlap might tear him a new one
e monroe va Not if you lose to Duke by 28

g
a smith al He plays tackle
d robinson ok

rb cj spiller clem HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

qb
j freeman k st See Spiller, CJ

te
j gresham ok
b pettigrew ok st

c
anoine caldwell ala

3-4 de d
4-3 de d
nt a-
4-3 dt f
3-4 olb a-
4-3 lb/3-4 ilb d
cb d-
s c-

t b+
g b+
c b-
te a-
wr c
qb f
rb d-

so so wr, s

That was terrible

STARHEATHER
10-08-2008, 08:41 PM
well william moore is an outstanding prospect and hell be the best nfl defensive player on his team. has top end s traits.
michael johnson has great upside and could possibly develop into a top end pass rusher. he has top end physical traits.
greg hardy isnt much of a student and has had lots of production and has top end physical abilities. could even fit a 3-4 scheme.
terrence cody is the once every 5 year nt prospect. also a physical freak.
malcolm jenkins has gotten burned this year, has limited ball skills (ints thrown right to him. is not the physical freak davis is and is slow. i dont like rd 1 picks on slow non physical zone cover guys.
eugene mopnroe was great vs usc. they couldnt get around him.
andre smith is a little short for tackle and projects for me better as a g.
cj spiller along with my to follow missing wr that i just forgot to put in are the only value added big play space freaks. their value added skills and big play ability make them worthy
one watch of josh freeman throwing a football on tape and someones going to take a stab. the league is so bereft of talent at the qb position, could be as many as 10 teams that may take a shot. his team is awful, they cant run and his ol averages about 280 and he looks bigger than all of them. he throws the football best of any qb and has the nmost nfl qb traits. oach will be canned i expect him to come out. if all the teams with no qb pass id be surprised. tackles will be overdrafted and anyone who looks like they could maybe do it well will be drafted high as everyone is looking for them. 6 last yr im saying 4 this yr as the class does not look as deep.
missing wrs

j maclin mo
d heyward bey md

CLong4Heisman
10-08-2008, 08:56 PM
well william moore is an outstanding prospect and hell be the best nfl defensive player on his team. has top end s traits.
michael johnson has great upside and could possibly develop into a top end pass rusher. he has top end physical traits.
greg hardy isnt much of a student and has had lots of production and has top end physical abilities. could even fit a 3-4 scheme.
malcolm jenkins has gotten burned this year, has limited ball skills (ints thrown right to him. is not the physical freak davis is and is slow. i dont like rd 1 picks on slow non physical zone cover guys.
cj spiller along with my to follow missing wr that i just forgot to put in are the only value added big play space freaks. their value added skills and big play ability make them worthy
one watch of josh freeman throwing a football on tape and someones going to take a stab. the league is so bereft of talent at the qb position, could be as many as 10 teams that may take a shot. his team is awful, they cant run and his ol averages about 280 and he looks bigger than all of them. he throws the football best of any qb and has the nmost nfl qb traits. oach will be canned i expect him to come out. if all the teams with no qb pass id be surprised. tackles will be overdrafted and anyone who looks like they could maybe do it well will be drafted high as everyone is looking for them. 6 last yr im saying 4 this yr as the class does not look as deep.
missing wrs

j maclin mo
d heyward bey md

Freeman= JaMarcus Russell. He has a huge arm and is big and mobile for a guy that size. Height should have little effect on Andre Smith, he dominates everyone.
CJ Spiller is not an everydown back in the NFL. Late first round -early second, similar type of player to Felix Jones.

princefielder28
10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
mythbusta, you are a bit too extreme as far as your analysis and "predictions"

coming out of left field is ok some of the time if you have a firm belief that that is actually the case, but you cannot consistently make outrageous claim and when you happen to get one or two right, say "I told ya so"

WCH
10-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Freeman is really good.

Lets not make the mistake we made last year, with his teammate Jordy Nelson, and mock his supporters for six months only to find out that NFL scouts also liked him...

hobbes2053
10-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Mythbusta must have a man crush on Spiller.

CroomDawgs
10-09-2008, 01:23 AM
in no particular order by position

3-4 de
t. jackson lsu

4-3 de
greg hardy miss
m. johnson gt

nt
t.cody al

cb
v. davis il

s
w.moore mo

3-4 olb
e. brown fla st
b orapko tx
s kindle tx
g selvie sf
e. norwood sc

t
m oher miss
p loadholt ok
c black lsu
e monroe va

g
a smith al
d robinson ok

rb cj spiller clem

qb
j freeman k st

te
j gresham ok
b pettigrew ok st

c
anoine caldwell ala

3-4 de d
4-3 de d
nt a-
4-3 dt f
3-4 olb a-
4-3 lb/3-4 ilb d
cb d-
s c-

t b+
g b+
c b-
te a-
wr c
qb f
rb d-

so so wr, s

Tyson Jackson- He's a fringe first rounder now he needs to pickup from his soph season or run a freak combine/great senior bowl. Not to mention he's a 3-4 end/4-3 tackle at this point

Greg Hardy- He is a great player, which is why I hate his guts, but I think its a bit early to call him round 1. By the end of this year he'll be around there and will prolly be back (hope not tho)

Michael Johnson- Production is lacking but yes is a definite first rounder

Terrence Cody- He's not even close to round 1. He's a 3-4 DT, isn't as strong as you seem to think he is, and has horrible stamina. He needs to drop 20-30 pounds and get stronger, and work on his technique so he just doesn't bull rush all the time.

Vontae Davis- I believe he's the top corner available but where's Malcolm Jenkins? He's first round talent.

William Moore- Best Safety Prospect, obviously round 1 talent

Everette Brown- Same as greg hardy. He's good but its too early to proclaim him round 1 at this point.

Orakpo- Freak athlete round 1 material

Kindle- Dude, you watched one game of him and you think he's a first rounder? All he's done at Texas is drink and Drive and not live up to his hype. Calling him a first rounder at this point is uttery absurd.

George Selvie- Top 3-4 OLB availble.

Eric Norwood- Think he'd be better suited as a 4-3 DE, but he's not first round material yet.

Lineman look good

Cj Spiller- CJ Spiller has absolutely ZERO vision. He runs as fast as he can whereverand thats why some games he's got horrible yardage. He's a faster leon Washington and he went third round, where Spiller prolly will go.

Josh Freeman- You've got to be basing this off potential, which is why this is laughable. He's been average at K State, and since this is all potential, where's matt Stafford, who's got a better arm than him? Where's Mark Sanchez? Where's Sam Bradford? Where's TIm Tebow? Your basing Freeman strictly off potential, and I f you do that your gonna have to include those guys. If your basing thsi off his play, well then its safe to say no front office will ever hire you as a scout.

TE's are good.

eaglesalltheway
10-09-2008, 06:53 AM

3-4 de
t. jackson lsu

4-3 de
greg hardy miss
m. johnson gt

nt
t.cody al

cb
v. davis il
Malcolm Jenkins anyone?
s
w.moore mo

3-4 olb
e. brown fla st
b orapko tx
s kindle tx
g selvie sf
e. norwood sc

t
m oher miss
p loadholt ok
c black lsu
e monroe va

g
a smith al
d robinson ok

rb cj spiller clem

qb
j freeman k st

te
j gresham ok
b pettigrew ok st

c
anoine caldwell ala
Where in the hell is Alex Mack?

3-4 de d
4-3 de d
nt a-
4-3 dt f
3-4 olb a-
4-3 lb/3-4 ilb d
cb d-
s c-

t b+
g b+
c b-
te a-
wr c
qb f
rb d-

so so wr, s

First off, and this is a serious question, I am not trying to be a dick. Why don't you use capital letters or apostrophes?

On to your evaluations...
Terrence Cody has played what, 6 games and you are already anointing him a first rounder when he has all of the other things that are working against him. Stamina, overweight, poor technique, etc. He came from a community college this year and this is his first few games against good competititon. Sure he has looked good, but scouts know that in the NFl there are linemen who have the strength to deal with him. It is impossible to fully gauge a DT, especially a NT after only 6 games.

Sorry, but you must have more against Ohio State than both I and Sniper combined. (PSU and Michigan fans) Jenkins is the most sound CB in this class, and could even play FS, showing flexibility.

I sort of new the Kindle thing was coming after your one thread about him. You said he was beasttastic or something like that when he was a complete non-factor in over a third of the plays. LBs should at least be near action all the time, for him to be a non-factor in 11 of 29 plays is crap. I didn't see the game, but a LB with less than 5 tackles in a game just isn't getting the job done unless he was making tons of plays elsewhere. Yeah, he had a solid game all-around, but he was average at best going off of those stats, and considering you've only see him play once, it is absurd to get a total evaluation off of one game. And then you factor in his off field trouble and I highly doubt he is a sure fire first rounder at this point.

Phil Loadholt will either be a RT or Og in the NFL. I see him as more of a Guard, but I can see him as a RT, but definitely not a LT.

Andre Smith is a Tackle, whether it be a RT or LT is yet to be determined, as most will depend on who drafts him. Sure he can play OG in the NFL, but he is best suited as a Tackle.

I guess you really don't follow OL all that much, my guess is you just put down all the top guys from other people and left out Alex Mack just so you could look original. But all I will say is not having one of the best Center prospects in years in the first round amkes absolutely no sense to me.

I laughed to jard I was seeing spots when I saw spiller was on there.

By the time I recovered from Spiller, I almost didn't know what to do when I saw Freeman up here, but not other guys like Sam Bradford or Mark Sanchez. I'm not a fan of Stafford by any means, but if you are going to put freeman up there, all three of the other guys, including Stafford, should be up there as well.

This CB class looks pretty good. There are as many as 4 or 5 CBs in my book who are worth a first round pick at this point. Giving it a D- is laughable.

DoWnThEfiElD
10-09-2008, 04:17 PM
All of the grades are laughable... TE A- really??

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-09-2008, 04:43 PM

3-4 de
t. jackson lsu

4-3 de
greg hardy miss
m. johnson gt

nt
t.cody al

cb
v. davis il

s
w.moore mo

3-4 olb
e. brown fla st
b orapko tx
s kindle tx
g selvie sf
e. norwood sc

t
m oher miss
p loadholt ok
c black lsu
e monroe va

g
a smith al
d robinson ok

rb cj spiller clem

qb
j freeman k st

te
j gresham ok
b pettigrew ok st

c
anoine caldwell ala

3-4 de d
4-3 de d
nt a-
4-3 dt f
3-4 olb a-
4-3 lb/3-4 ilb d
cb d-
s c-

t b+
g b+
c b-
te a-
wr c
qb f
rb d-

so so wr, s

I hate to co-sign...But a lot of this is wreckless

As of 2day....Both Greg Hardy and Pannel Egboh are having more productive seasons then Jackson...And thats just off the top of my head...Like someone in the post said...He needs to revert back to when his motor was running constantly...or have a freakish combine...cause right now he is slipping...

Johnson will be there in the 1st...even w/ marginal production

Terrance Cody...Come on man...W/ a name like Mythbusta u should know not to have him listed...

William Moore is my guy....Straight animal...Him along w/ Vonte...

Spiller hasnt really progressed...I loved him as a freshman...But he hasnt evolved as a player...

There's more but people have already mentioned it...

Sidebar......

A lot of people are sleeping on August Parrish and Jason Smith at the OT posistion...

wicket
10-09-2008, 05:12 PM
well lets keep it at, it wouldnt be my list. One point though, a F for the eligable qbs, id be thinking at least a C But if you see freeman as the best prospect i see where you are getting your F though

SuperKevin
10-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Here are my 1st round values

QB
Mark Sanchez
Sam Bradford
Matt Stafford

RB
Chris Wells
Knowshon Moreno
James Davis

WR
Darrius Heyward Bey
Jeremy Maclin
Michael Crabtree
Brandon Tate

TE
Jermaine Gresham
Brandon Pettigrew

OT
Andre Smith
Eugene Monroe
Michael Oher
Phil Loadholt
Jason Smith
Ciron Black

OG
Duke Robinson

OC
Alex Mack

DE
Greg Hardy
Brian Orapko
George Selvie
Michael Johnson
Tyson Jackson
Everette Brown

DT
Vince Oghobasse
Peria Jerry
SenDerrick Marks
Terrence Taylor

LB
Rey Mauluaga
Aaron Curry
James Laurinaitis
Brandon Spikes
Sean Weatherspoon
Marcus Freeman

CB
Malcolm Jenkins
Alphonso Smith
Darius Butler
DJ Smith
Vontae Davis
Mike Mickens

S
Taylor Mays
William Moore
Nic Harris

Seems to be a lot more defensive players with 1st round value in my opinion

CLong4Heisman
10-09-2008, 07:46 PM
That's how you do it right there.

Bengals78
10-09-2008, 08:49 PM
SuperKevin be pwnin mythbusta's list

STARHEATHER
10-09-2008, 11:12 PM
kindle is better than orakpo. just remember where you heard it. evaluating nfl qbs has little to do with winning football games at the college level. freeman can zing it the best. hes not playing great football righnt now, but once teams get a tape or work him out hes going to have a flacco-esque rise. hell be the only likely rd 1 qb. there is so much need at qb anyone who loooks like they could do it is goin g to get picked. and he looks like he might be able to do it. spiller is the type you get him in space and hes going to make plays. hes a reggie bush/ feliux jones type.great kr and pr. i like him rd 1 late. pannel egboh is not good and theyre not playing the same position at the nfl level anyway. moree productive than 93 giving up 30 per game. for real. i like all my guys. theyre all good players. everyone has been dominant in games at some point this yr. i like my grades, gresham, pettigrew, coffman, theres a guy from byu, beckham, there are all types of tes for every offense and theyre all good at what they do. theres not one lock top level prospect at qb. theres basically speculation on freeman and underperfoprming stafford and thats it. terrible class. f

SuperKevin
10-09-2008, 11:16 PM
kindle is better than orakpo. just remember where you heard it. evaluating nfl qbs has little to do with winning football games at the college level. freeman can zing it the best. hes not playing great football righnt now, but once teams get a tape or work him out hes going to have a flacco-esque rise. hell be the only likely rd 1 qb. there is so much need at qb anyone who loooks like they could do it is goin g to get picked. and he looks like he might be able to do it. spiller is the type you get him in space and hes going to make plays. hes a reggie bush/ feliux jones type.great kr and pr. i like him rd 1 late. pannel egboh is not good and theyre not playing the same position at the nfl level anyway. moree productive than 93 giving up 30 per game. for real. i like all my guys. theyre all good players. everyone has been dominant in games at some point this yr. i like my grades, gresham, pettigrew, coffman, theres a guy from byu, beckham, there are all types of tes for every offense and theyre all good at what they do. theres not one lock top level prospect at qb. theres basically speculation on freeman and underperfoprming stafford and thats it. terrible class. f

You know it's perfectly acceptable, in fact it's actually preferred, for you to split up your massive mega paragraph into seperate points.

Sniper
10-10-2008, 12:11 AM
rb cj spiller clem

What did the tape have to say about Spiller's performance against Wake?

MarioPalmer
10-10-2008, 01:20 AM

Ouch! Very ouch! Curry was playing great tonight, and also I was liking that DT for Wake as well. PLayed great in the 1rst half.

Also Dequan Bowers looks like a super freak. Wow this kid is going to be good. A true fresh starting for a major ACC football school and more than holding his own, but actually being, to me, the best D-lineman on his squad. He looks like a Mario or J.Pep type talent. Look for him to easily come out in his junior year and go top 5, whether or not he goes top 3 or #1 overall is all uyp to him, but man is he good.

SenorGato
10-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Greg Hardy and Everette Brown are being seriously underrated. I like both better than Selvie, not to take too much from him.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 06:33 AM

QB
Mark Sanchez
Sam Bradford
Matt Stafford Personally, I don't like Stafford too much

RB
Chris Wells
Knowshon Moreno
James Davis I see it, but like Stafford, I am not as high on James Davis as some

WR
Darrius Heyward Bey
Jeremy Maclin
Michael Crabtree
Brandon Tate Not quite yet IMO, but if he keeps it up, I could definitely see it

TE
Jermaine Gresham
Brandon Pettigrew

OT
Andre Smith
Eugene Monroe
Michael Oher
Phil Loadholt
Jason Smith
Ciron Black
I really like this T class, all of these guys have the potential to go in the first
OG
Duke Robinson

OC
Alex Mack

DE
Greg Hardy
Brian Orapko
George Selvie
Michael Johnson
Tyson Jackson
Everette Brown

DT
Vince Oghobasse
Peria Jerry
SenDerrick Marks
Terrence Taylor I really like this guy, but it seems you are higher on him than most, but I would have him in my first round mix as well

LB
Rey Mauluaga
Aaron Curry
James Laurinaitis
Brandon Spikes
Sean Weatherspoon
Marcus Freeman

CB
Malcolm Jenkins
Alphonso Smith
Darius Butler
DJ Smith
Vontae Davis
Mike Mickens
The CB class is great as well and I agree with this
S
Taylor Mays
William Moore
Nic Harris I don't quite see it in Harris. I mean yeah he could be a late first round pick, but I think Patrick Chung has a better shot IMO

A few minor disagreements, but certainly better than mythbusta's

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 06:35 AM

So what happens if you magically stick around until draft time and 98% of what you say is proven completely baseless and wrong? Because that is where you are headed bro.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 06:37 AM

mythbusta,

SNIPER OWNED YOU!!!

wicket
10-10-2008, 07:18 AM

QB
Mark Sanchez
Sam Bradford
Matt Stafford

RB
Chris Wells
Knowshon Moreno
James Davis

WR
Darrius Heyward Bey
Jeremy Maclin
Michael Crabtree
Brandon Tate

Add: Percy Harvin

TE
Jermaine Gresham
Brandon Pettigrew

OT
Andre Smith
Eugene Monroe
Michael Oher
Phil Loadholt
Jason Smith
Ciron Black

OG
Duke Robinson

OC
Alex Mack

DE
Greg Hardy
Brian Orapko
George Selvie
Michael Johnson
Tyson Jackson
Everette Brown

DT
Vince Oghobasse
Peria Jerry
SenDerrick Marks
Terrence Taylor

LB
Rey Mauluaga
Aaron Curry
James Laurinaitis
Brandon Spikes
Sean Weatherspoon
Marcus Freeman

add: Brian Cushing

CB
Malcolm Jenkins
Alphonso Smith
Darius Butler
DJ Smith
Vontae Davis
Mike Mickens

S
Taylor Mays
William Moore
Nic Harris

The league is seriously gonna need to expand to make your list work. I'll make bold my list of 32 that I agree with.

DoWnThEfiElD
10-10-2008, 09:17 AM
You can have first round value and not be drafted in the 1st round.

wicket
10-10-2008, 09:26 AM
You can have first round value and not be drafted in the 1st round.
sure but giving 49 people kinda gives less meaning to first round value, or there is remarkable equality

Mr. Stiller
10-10-2008, 10:26 AM

QB
Mark Sanchez
Sam Bradford
Matt Stafford

RB
Chris Wells
Knowshon Moreno
James Davis - I like Javon Ringer a hair more. I think Davis is going to disappoint at the combine.

WR
Darrius Heyward Bey
Jeremy Maclin
Michael Crabtree
Brandon Tate

TE
Jermaine Gresham
Brandon Pettigrew

OT
Andre Smith
Eugene Monroe
Michael Oher
Phil Loadholt - I really expect Loadholt to fall, unless he starts playing lights out or lights up the combine, His play has been really mediocre. I could see him falling to rounds 3-4 right now.
Jason Smith
Ciron Black

I think Jamon Meredith of SC deserves 1st round consideration as an OT.

OG
Duke Robinson ~ Robinson gets the same response as Loadholt. Big guy, has potential to be a machine... doesn't play like it. I've heard someone say "Lazy and overweight? 3rd round" and I believe it.

OC
Alex Mack - His Combine #'s could lock him up here.
I think Antoine Caldwell deserves a chance. Really showcasing impressive abilities this year.

DE
Greg Hardy
Brian Orapko
George Selvie
Michael Johnson
Tyson Jackson - I still think he's going to fall in the draft. 1 great Soph Season followed by 2 mediocre seasons.. Considering the talent around him, he should be putting up better #'s.
Everette Brown

DT
Vince Oghobasse
Peria Jerry
SenDerrick Marks
Terrence Taylor

LB
Rey Mauluaga
Aaron Curry
James Laurinaitis
Brandon Spikes
Sean Weatherspoon
Marcus Freeman

CB
Malcolm Jenkins
Alphonso Smith
Darius Butler
DJ Smith
Vontae Davis
Mike Mickens

S
Taylor Mays
William Moore
Nic Harris

Guys I kinda see missing...

Brian Cushing, LB, USC
Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
Evander Hood, DT, Missouri
Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State
Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan State
Dannell Ellerbe, ILB, Georgia
Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma

I don't think these guys are definite first rounders, but I think they have the resume and skillset to sneak in there.

illmatic74
10-10-2008, 10:28 AM
HB
Wells
Moreno
McCoy
WR
Heyward-Bey
Maclin
Crabtree
TE
Gresham

OT
Oher
Monroe
Smith
Loadholt
OC
Mack
DE
Hardy
Selvie
Johnson
Orapko
DT
Perry
OLB
Curry
Cushing
ILB
Mauluga
Laurinatis
CB
Davis
Jenkins
Smith
Butler
S
Mays
Moore

STARHEATHER
10-10-2008, 10:19 PM
i say he had one outside run for 8 yds. one watse run between the tackles. and one 48 yd ko return. then he got hurt. pther than the injury concern i didnt see anything that really lowered him.hes a space player. have to get him the ball in space. but once you do he makes plays and can take it to the house at any time. only the injury would diminish him at this point.

CLong4Heisman
10-11-2008, 07:54 AM
i say he had one outside run for 8 yds. one watse run between the tackles. and one 48 yd ko return. then he got hurt. pther than the injury concern i didnt see anything that really lowered him.hes a space player. have to get him the ball in space. but once you do he makes plays and can take it to the house at any time. only the injury would diminish him at this point.

How bout the fact that he did nothing with the ball in his hands. They gave him the ball and he did nothing. Great players make plays with the ball in their hands ( Wells, Moreno ( when he has more than 8 carries) Crabtree, Maclin, Harvin)

STARHEATHER
10-11-2008, 11:06 PM
he only got the ball 3 times. one 48 yd ko. one run between the tackles. and one 8 yd run. he was doing alright. if hes not seriously imjured he remains in the mix. too much big play ability

BackwoodsBoy
10-12-2008, 12:11 AM
I guess you really don't follow OL all that much, my guess is you just put down all the top guys from other people and left out Alex Mack just so you could look original. But all I will say is not having one of the best Center prospects in years in the first round amkes absolutely no sense to me.

Yeah...I remember when Greg Eslinger was considered one of the best Center prospects in the country at one point too...or how about Kyle Young...remember Justin Blalock...how about Max Jean-Gilles?

Antoine Caldwell is the best interior lineman in the country this year. Don't let the "experts" in the media who've never played football in their lives, but think they know it all because they have a journalism degree tell you otherwise. Alex Mack is just another in a long line of media creations.

BackwoodsBoy
10-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Also, you guys do realize that actuall professional scouts who do this for a living instead of on internet forums like yourselve's average anywhere from only 12-18 first rounder ever year. Some drafts are much better than others and some worse, but there are hardly if ever 32 players talented enough to have the "value" of a first selection...not every player picked in round 1 is of great value. It would just be fullish for teams to forfeit picks because value didn't line up.

STARHEATHER
10-12-2008, 12:37 AM
thus they are first rd values. not the first 25 picks. and`some dude got paid to recommend`glenn dorsey`cwith 5th pick. so i really dont care what scouts say. obviously, someone cant do their job effectively. just because thats their job, doesnt mean i should care. otherwise i would have been saying glenn dorsey was great. boy would i have felt badly about that. unless he has a serious injury spillers on the board

CroomDawgs
10-13-2008, 11:11 AM
thus they are first rd values. not the first 25 picks. and`some dude got paid to recommend`glenn dorsey`cwith 5th pick. so i really dont care what scouts say. obviously, someone cant do their job effectively. just because thats their job, doesnt mean i should care. otherwise i would have been saying glenn dorsey was great. boy would i have felt badly about that. unless he has a serious injury spillers on the board

Man must be lonely way up there on your pedestal....

The fact that you think Spiller is god because he runs a 4.3 is maddening. He's no better than Jamaal Charles or Jerious norwood. You realize he has absolutely zero vision right? He's a 2nd rounder at best and thats purely off speed.

P-L
10-13-2008, 11:30 AM
QB
Matt Stafford*
Sam Bradford*
Mark Sanchez*

RB
Chris Wells*
Knowshon Moreno*

WR
Michael Crabtree*
Jeremy Maclin*
Brandon Tate
Darrius Heyward-Bey*

TE
Jermaine Gresham*
Brandon Pettigrew

OT
Eugene Monroe
Andre Smith
Michael Oher
Ciron Black*
Jason Smith

OG
Duke Robinson
Tyronne Greene

DE
Greg Hardy*
Brian Orakpo
George Selvie*

DT
Sen'Derrick Marks*
Evander Hood

OLB
Aaron Curry
Brian Cushing

MLB
Brandon Spikes*
Rey Maualuga
James Laurinaitis

CB
Vontae Davis*
Malcolm Jenkins
Alphonso Smith

S
William Moore

That's exactly 32. It wasn't my intention to list my top 32 guys, it just turned out that way.

Sniper
10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Where's Morgan Trent, P-L ;)

griff2213
10-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Stop posting things mythbusta, you idiot. You are bad at this.

SuperKevin
10-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Stop posting things mythbusta, you idiot. You are bad at this.

Post of the year right here.

princefielder28
10-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Brandon Tate can be taken off of any list....torn ACL and MCL :(

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 12:30 PM
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta. kind of like im the only person alive that said dorsey would bust. i feel good about my top values picks. im adding another today. it may come as a shock, but i see circumstance intervening now introducing #26

matt stafford qb georgia

definitely not based on his play, which has been spotty and inconsistent at best. could use another yr back. but putting on the tape dude can sling the rock, better than anyone outside josh freeman. is going to need time and a solid team around him.throw him to the wolves with a bad team early and it could be a david carr like ending. would be a great value late rd 1 for a solid football team that needs qb of future, not qb of now. a high pick would be a major mistake. as a qb may be overdrafted even as high as top 10, i see him as a good value for the future under the right circumstance late rd 1. bottom line is, he throws the football at the nfl level and not too many that can. beware of overdrafting though. not an all time great qb prospect. more of a solid potential starter than star

Sniper
10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta. kind of like im the only person alive that said dorsey would bust.

Which would be great and all, but he's not a bust now. Even if he did suck right now, it's WAY too early to call anyone a bust from the '08 class.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 12:44 PM
i think its pretty clear whats hapening out there. the same thing that happened vs ark and ohio st. i called him a bust a long time ago. his 5 games has done nothing to sway me. its only a matter of time for him to go on the dl. i give it 3 more games. then his failure will be complete.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Which would be great and all, but he's not a bust now. Even if he did suck right now, it's WAY too early to call anyone a bust from the '08 class.

Especially when they um... aren't sucking, haha, this mythbusta character is priceless.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 12:45 PM
really. theyre 32nd in the league vs the run and 1-4.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Last I checked there are 11 people on a defnese responsible for that, lets not get into this again.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 12:52 PM
i know. its always someone elses fault when these types dont pan out and you waste 20 mil on them. its herm edwards or ol or damon huard or brandon flowers fault. theyve inserted him and theyve gotten worse. stopping the run begins and ends with your interior dl. theres is the worst in football. i think its justifiable to state hes the worst starting interior dl in the entire league, based on the #s

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
And it is all his fault that the Cheifs defnese can't stop the run, every bit of it, it isn't on the rest of the DL, and there is no way the LBs could have anything to do with it. The secondary, all they do is stop people from passing, so they shouldn't have to stop the run as well...

I mean come on man, seriously, how can you even justify this line of thinking?

Sniper
10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
i know. its always someone elses fault when these types dont pan out and you waste 20 mil on them. its herm edwards or ol or damon huard or brandon flowers fault. theyve inserted him and theyve gotten worse. stopping the run begins and ends with your interior dl. theres is the worst in football. i think its justifiable to state hes the worst starting interior dl in the entire league, based on the #s

Maybe if Dorsey was brought in to primarily be a run stuffer, you may have a point.

Anyways, players are not busts until they haven't produced for three years.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 12:58 PM
so what else is he. a pass rush freak with his 8 1/2 career college sacks and his 0 nfl sacks. he can just do it all. or he can just do nothing. looking like nothing.

Sniper
10-14-2008, 01:00 PM
so what else is he. a pass rush freak with his 8 1/2 career college sacks and his 0 nfl sacks. he can just do it all. or he can just do nothing. looking like nothing.

Have you ever bothered to watch Dorsey play? His play cannot be simply measured by stats. He gets very good penetration from inside the pocket, and routinely deals with two blockers. He is a major disruptor in the backfield, stats be damned. I assume you think Alan Branch sucked in 2006 at Michigan? I mean, he only had 25 tackles.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:02 PM

seems to me you are looking at nothing and spouting out useless opinions, expecting everyone else to assume you are right. (Props to anyone who can get this reference). Go back to doing Geico commercials.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 01:06 PM
really useless points. 32nd in the league against the run. 1-4. i think that tells the whole story. i watched him play last year about 20 times on tape and he stunk every time. teams just gashed it right at him. he couldnt rush the passer. he couldnt stop the run. he couldnt do anything effectively. just like now. just like i knew it would be.

Sniper
10-14-2008, 01:07 PM
really useless points. 32nd in the league against the run. 1-4. i think that tells the whole story. i watched him play last year about 20 times on tape and he stunk every time. teams just gashed it right at him. he couldnt rush the passer. he couldnt stop the run. he couldnt do anything effectively. just like now. just like i knew it would be.

Whatever you say, man. I'm not sure how Glenn Dorsey is in complete control of KC's record, but I'm sure you have a crackpot response for it.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:07 PM
The LSU designed that defense to shield runners to run towards Dorsey, and they had a damn good defense last year. Yeah they gashed it at him, but what were the results? Not so good.

Sniper
10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
The LSU designed that defense to shield runners to run towards Dorsey, and they had a damn good defense last year. Yeah they gashed it at him, but what were the results? Not so good.

Lies!!!!!

Dorsey's senior year, despite being hobbled for a good portion of the year

69 tackles, 12.5 TFL, 7 sacks, 3 PBU, 1 FF

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Lies!!!!!

Dorsey's senior year, despite being hobbled for a good portion of the year

69 tackles, 12.5 TFL, 7 sacks, 3 PBU, 1 FF

I meant for opponents, those results were not so good. Beleive me man, I know what I'm talking about here.

LSU average 280 yards/game given up last year. That is probably top 20 or so in CFB. Argue that mythbusta, oh thats right, you can't, because any argument you put forth will discredit why your view of Dorsey as an NFL player.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
7 sacks 12 tfl. id like to have the link where you got that information

Sniper
10-14-2008, 01:13 PM

8.5 college sacks? That's odd, because he had seven his senior year and three his junior year, as well as three his sophomore year. My math tells me that's 13.

Sniper
10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
7 sacks 12 tfl. id like to have the link where you got that information

http://www.lsusports.net/src/data/lsu/assets/docs/fb/07stats/teamcume.htm?SPSID=27815&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200#TEAM.DEF

http://cfbstats.com/2007/player/365/73750/index.html

Sniper
10-14-2008, 01:17 PM
I meant for opponents, those results were not so good. Beleive me man, I know what I'm talking about here.

LSU average 280 yards/game given up last year. That is probably top 20 or so in CFB. Argue that mythbusta, oh thats right, you can't, because any argument you put forth will discredit why your view of Dorsey as an NFL player.

LSU gave up 69 yards rushing per game last year, good for 8th in the country. They gave up 260.8 yards overall per game, good for 14th in the country.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:18 PM
8.5 college sacks? That's odd, because he had seven his senior year and three his junior year, as well as three his sophomore year. My math tells me that's 13.

Oooh, come on man, you know that the proper way to find a college DTs sacks is to take their senior season, take the junior divided by sophomore, add that to senior, and that is their total sacks. ;);) The math works out...

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:19 PM
LSU gave up 69 yards rushing per game last year, good for 8th in the country. They gave up 260.8 yards overall per game, good for 14th in the country.

I went off of LSU site and it said 280, either way, its damn good. Top 20, like I expected.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 01:23 PM
i dont know about that one. i didnt see 7 sacks. he may have gotten 12tfl but i didnt see it or remember seeing that anywhere. that may be a homer stat. it may be correct. well heres his nfl line. in 5 games. 15 tt, 1 ff, 0 sacks and 32nd in the league vs the run. 1-4. my source deleted their stats from 08, so i cant verify. basically he was` making .89 plays per game behind the line and getting 1/2 sack per game if those are accurate. not blowing up the world. the difference between hywe and reality

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:26 PM
i dont know about that one. i didnt see 7 sacks. he may have gotten 12tfl but i didnt see it or remember seeing that anywhere. that may be a homer stat. it may be correct. well heres his nfl line. in 5 games. 15 tt, 1 ff, 0 sacks and 32nd in the league vs the run. 1-4. my source deleted their stats from 08, so i cant verify. basically he was` making .89 plays per game behind the line and getting 1/2 sack per game if those are accurate. not blowing up the world. the difference between hywe and reality
Just out of curiosity, what is your source? Why would they delete the stats? How would they be that far off from anything else. I'd like to know how you siad you saw him doing absolutely nothing ion the 20 times you watched him last year, but he has all these stats. Are you blind? Biased? Or are you just trying to fool us? id like to have the link where you got that information

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 01:32 PM
all you need to know is that its paid for and reliable. i saw him get gouged right up the middle vs ark and ohio st especially. i watched them more than any team. he was inneffective, hurt or just plain terrible in every instance. he made one play per game behind the line did his dance and thats all people remember. they dont remember beanie or peyton hilllis getting huge gainers untouched through his gap. i remembered though. thats how i knew.

CLong4Heisman
10-14-2008, 01:35 PM

He's a rookie. If was a 6th year pro who got drafted #1 overall then yeah i would agree but this is a rookie who has played 5 games.
Teams have gotten more yards because when you are up by 24 points in the 4th its common sense that you run the ball and try to drain the clock.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Waht is the site, or are you making it up? Until you give a link or a name of the site I will know that you are lying, and making all your "stats" up. So let me ask yuo this, you are going to judge a player off of a few plays in two games of his collegiate career? And if Beanie sucks so much like you also claim, shouldn't he have been held back? Or is it just a case of their combined suckiness negating eachother? i have a feeling that is what you are going to say. I love how you ignore the LSU game for Beanie when saying Beanie will not work, but bring him up here. Oh the irony.

Sniper
10-14-2008, 01:38 PM
all you need to know is that its paid for and reliable.

Apparently not, since I got my info for free and it's accurate.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Honestly, mythbusta, if you are paying for somehting like that I would end that subscription immediately, if indeed there really is a site.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Waht is the site, or are you making it up? Until you give a link or a name of the site I will know that you are lying, and making all your "stats" up. So let me ask yuo this, you are going to judge a player off of a few plays in two games of his collegiate career? And if Beanie sucks so much like you also claim, shouldn't he have been held back? Or is it just a case of their combined suckiness negating eachother? i have a feeling that is what you are going to say. I love how you ignore the LSU game for Beanie when saying Beanie will not work, but bring him up here. Oh the irony.

Care to comment, busta?

Borat
10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Mythbusta, I have the accurate stats you need. Send me $50 per month.

That is all.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Haha, as soon as i brought up that question, busta "mysterioulsy" vanished form the site. Coincidence? I think not!;)

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 02:27 PM
*************.com. i dont make things up. and i dont disappear. apying dorsey an awful lot of $ to wait for him to develop. about 7 mil this yearalone for the guy who makes you the worst defense in the league. keep believing i guess

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 02:28 PM
they deleted it. thus you can see its legit

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 02:32 PM
or you just put the *'s in there. Mods, if you don't mind could we have a confirmation? You don't need to say the site, just confirm if he did indeed post a real site.

CashmoneyDrew
10-14-2008, 02:35 PM
*************.com. i dont make things up. and i dont disappear. apying dorsey an awful lot of $ to wait for him to develop. about 7 mil this yearalone for the guy who makes you the worst defense in the league. keep believing i guess

Seriously? Glenn Dorsey MADE them the worst defense in the league? No top 10 picks should have time to develop? Carson Palmer was a terrible choice for the Bengals then huh?

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Seriously? Glenn Dorsey MADE them the worst defense in the league? No top 10 picks should have time to develop? Carson Palmer was a terrible choice for the Bengals then huh?

Don't forget Warren Sapp, that dude sucks balls...hard...

brat316
10-14-2008, 02:44 PM
All of this is so MIND BOTTLING. MythBusta how do you come up with these evaluations, you should try doing some scout work.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 02:47 PM
All of this is so MIND BOTTLING. MythBusta how do you come up with these evaluations, you should try doing some scout work.

NO!!!!! He should give up everything that has to do with football.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 02:48 PM
or you just put the *'s in there. Mods, if you don't mind could we have a confirmation? You don't need to say the site, just confirm if he did indeed post a real site.

The mods probably would have deleted the entire post if you did put up a real site. I'm calling BS on that.

brat316
10-14-2008, 02:50 PM
NO!!!!! He should give up everything that has to do with football.

No the NFL would lose a fan.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 02:51 PM
No the NFL would lose a fan.

It would be like cutting off tho toe to sacrifice the leg, it is worth it.

Bengals1690
10-14-2008, 03:14 PM
It would be like cutting off tho toe to save the leg, it is worth it.

fixed (10)

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
im liking another prospect. got aaron curry vs clemson pretty impressive. looks big fast and agile out there. decent tackler. could be movin up. im done with glenn dorsey. he stinks i know it you can believe or not believe the proof is in the pudding 32nd vs the run 1-4 until that changes hes the most overpaid defensive player in football and a bust. to say hes stated slowly would be an understatement. now if theres anything about any of the prospects

Sniper
10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
im liking another prospect. got aaron curry vs clemson pretty impressive. looks big fast and agile out there. decent tackler. could be movin up. im done with glenn dorsey. he stinks i know it you can believe or not believe the proof is in the pudding 32nd vs the run 1-4 until that changes hes the most overpaid defensive player in football and a bust. to say hes stated slowly would be an understatement. now if theres anything about any of the prospects

But your 32nd against the run statement carries no weight, because his job isn't to be a run stuffer. Christ, what don't you understand about that?

And 1-4 couldn't have anything to do with the rest of the team, could it? Poor QB play? ****** OL? No no no, it's all Glenn Dorsey. Mother of God, stop posting.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 06:00 PM
whats his job then?

CLong4Heisman
10-14-2008, 07:41 PM
whats his job then?

To play football. He's done pretty well. You cant just look at TEAM stats and record to determine if he's playing well.
The offense sucks, must be Dorseys fault too.

BackwoodsBoy
10-14-2008, 07:50 PM
I think mythbusta is a little over the top and reaches on a lot of his statements, but you guys are all just jerks around here. You can show you're not in agreement with him and still not be so disrespectful.

Also, anyone of you who truely think Glen Dorsey was brought in soley for pass rushing knows nothing about the game of football. Sure he is a better pass rusher than a run stopper, but 1 dimensional players don't get drafted 5th overall let alone the first round. Kansas City brought him in to be a complete player that means rushing the QB and stopping the run. If you guys truely don't believe Dorsey was brought in to be any help in the run game then you're only strengthening his arguement that Glen Dorsey wasn't worth a Top 5 selection.

One last thing. Those of you who want to jump all over him for labeling him a bust already, yet think he's a lock to be a great player are hypocrites. If its too early for myth to judge him a bust then its too early for you to label him great, good or even decent.

DoWnThEfiElD
10-14-2008, 08:00 PM

Do you just like anyone you watch that has a good game on that particular night? I'm pretty sure thats your method of "evaluations".

sweetness34
10-14-2008, 08:10 PM
missing wrs

j maclin mo
d heyward bey md

English dude, english.

- Use capital letters at the beginning of sentences
- Two spaces after a period
- Apostrophes are your friend
- Indents after 5 sentences also help, your posts are hard to read

Bengals1690
10-14-2008, 08:30 PM
I think mythbusta is a little over the top and reaches on a lot of his statements, but you guys are all just jerks around here. You can show you're not in agreement with him and still not be so disrespectful.

Also, anyone of you who truely think Glen Dorsey was brought in soley for pass rushing knows nothing about the game of football. Sure he is a better pass rusher than a run stopper, but 1 dimensional players don't get drafted 5th overall let alone the first round. Kansas City brought him in to be a complete player that means rushing the QB and stopping the run. If you guys truely don't believe Dorsey was brought in to be any help in the run game then you're only strengthening his arguement that Glen Dorsey wasn't worth a Top 5 selection.

One last thing. Those of you who want to jump all over him for labeling him a bust already, yet think he's a lock to be a great player are hypocrites. If its too early for myth to judge him a bust then its too early for you to label him great, good or even decent.

did you just say he's a little over the top?

have you read any of his posts? Its ridiculous.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 10:50 PM
im a lot over the top. if glenn dorseys job is to play football, hes not doing it very well. in this universe insults are a positive. they just cant handle the truth. i dont play both sides so i can say im right either way . ill leave that to kiper etc. either someones a player or theyre not. there is no maybe or ifs.

eaglesalltheway
10-15-2008, 06:43 AM
im a lot over the top. if glenn dorseys job is to play football, hes not doing it very well. in this universe insults are a positive. they just cant handle the truth. i dont play both sides so i can say im right either way . ill leave that to kiper etc. either someones a player or theyre not. there is no maybe or ifs.

Have you devoted your own special universe to yourself?

That makes no sense at all. And as per the whole "I can say I'm right either way". What if Dorsey turns out to be a perennial Pro-Bowler and goes on to the Hall of Fame. How would you be right if that were the case?

eaglesalltheway
10-15-2008, 07:04 AM

I can only speak for myself, so I will tell you how I am going about handling this. I can assume others are doing it in a similar way. I don't know where you think I am beign disrespectful, except for my whole toe argument, which is a pretty obvious case of sarcasm between bhaarat and myself. (At least it was to me, writing tends to hide that)

I know Dorsey is a complete player, and that is what KC expected from him. I don't think I said that, but I personally never said they only expected him to rush the passer. I don't think anyone else means that he is only relied on to rush the passer either. But when busta is using the fact that KC is last in rushing and 1-4 overall as his main basis for the fact that Dorsey sucks, it doesn't tell the whole story and we are bringing up all aspects of a DTs game, not just playing the run. Sure he doesn't have a sack yet. But sacks for DTs are more rare than people expect, and if I am remebering correctly, KC's defense has Dorsey as a 1 technique, meaning he gets double teamed the most of the D-linemen. He is a rookie and he is only 5 games into his career. Even when you factor in all of that, he is still making an impact breaking through to the backfield. I was a DT/DE throughout my life, and as such I know it is difficult to make an impact on a game. DT is the most dificult position to make an impact on a game on. You are usually stuck with bodies on both sides of you, and with big people to work against, it takes a great deal of skill, talent, and technique to become a great player there. Let me make this clear, I am not making excuses for Dorsey here, I am explaining one of the many, many things that I don't think busta takes into account when he does his "evaluations".

Personally, I am not jumping over him and saying he will be a star. I have repeated numerous times that there are possibilities for greatness, I have never guaranteed it. What borthers me is that mythbusta is saying that Dorsey will (coming off as no chance otherwise) bust and is the most overpaid defensive player in the game. He has never even considered the possibility that he may be wrong, and seems to talk down to everyone else when they don't agree with him.

Mythbusta, I have a serious question here. I am not calling you out or anything, but I really want to know how you do your evaluations, especially on DTs. If you don't mind, I want you to answer a few questions for me.
Waht is a 1 technique and what is a 3 technique DT. Where do they line up? What are their responsibilities? What do you expect out of each position? You can offer any other information you want, but those are some of the ones I would like for you to answer.

CroomDawgs
10-15-2008, 10:50 AM
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.

Haha wow thats pathetic

CroomDawgs
10-15-2008, 10:52 AM
I wonder if Mythbusta called Mario WIlliams a bust after he sucked the first half of his first year....

CroomDawgs
10-15-2008, 10:55 AM
The site he posted is prolly mythbusta.com, his own self-promoting site!

Borat
10-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Youtube clips aren't "tape" Hahaha

giantsfan
10-15-2008, 12:00 PM

Did you just say mind bottling?...

Mythabusta, you're hilarious, easily one of my favorite posters when drunk. But reading your posts makes my head hurt. Look if you don't know grammar rules that's ok, but might I recommend having someone else read through your posts and breaking them up into sentences and paragraphs?

We all know Dorsey's a bust, just like Emmit Smith and Tiki Barber weren't elite running backs ever because they didn't have blazing speed and didn't break tackles.

SuperKevin
10-15-2008, 12:07 PM
We all know Dorsey's a bust, just like Emmit Smith and Tiki Barber weren't elite running backs ever because they didn't have blazing speed and didn't break tackles.

Well, personally I don't think Emmitt Smith or Tiki Barber were elite RBs. Smith benefitted from having one of the best offensive lines in the history of the sport. Tiki Barber was good but I'd never consider him to be elite

DoWnThEfiElD
10-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Why is Dorsey not allowed to develop? He is a rookie, it takes time. I'm sure you don't watch enough of him to know what he is doing either. What if he occupies his spot, but then a linebacker misses a tackle. Is that his fault for not taking on a double team and making the play within his first 6 game?

Your rational is terrible and you bring no logical argument. You obviously know nothing about the NFL to label Glenn Dorsey as a bust already.

Look at Albert Haynesworth's stats his rookie year. Would you have called him a bust then?

eaglesalltheway
10-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Look at Albert Haynesworth's stats his rookie year. Would you have called him a bust then?

What are you talking about? NFL teams have positive yards aganst the Titans Defense. Therefore, Haynesworth sucks.;)

CroomDawgs
10-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Well, personally I don't think Emmitt Smith or Tiki Barber were elite RBs. Smith benefitted from having one of the best offensive lines in the history of the sport.

Ehhh I know he had arguably the best line in History but he is the All-time Leading rusher in NFL history. Now I wouldn't say he's as good as Payton Brown or Sanders but being the NFLs all-time rusher is elite no matter how you slice it. Just my opinion.

eaglesalltheway
10-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Ehhh I know he had arguably the best line in History but he is the All-time Leading rusher in NFL history. Now I wouldn't say he's as good as Payton Brown or Sanders but being the NFLs all-time rusher is elite no matter how you slice it. Just my opinion.

I have to agree with you there, I mean you have to have something going for you to even be in position to break those types of records.

CroomDawgs
10-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Mythbusta since you say after 6 games glen dorsey is a bust, I must ask you if you thoguth these guys were busts after mediocre/poor starts in their rookie seasons:

Mario Williams (Rookie year: 4.5 sacks all in the first 8 games, just 35 tackles)
Braylon Edwards (First half of Rookie year: 14 catches, 228 yards, 1 TD)
Roddy White (First Half of Rookie year: 5 catches 42 yards)
Luis Castillo (First Half of rookie year: 10 tackles, 1.5 sacks)

Basing production after 6 games as a bust shows that you have as much knowledge on football as a shoe.

Also lets look at hs linemates:
Tank Tyler-2nd year player
Turk McBride- 2nd year player
Tamba Hali- 3rd year Player, strictly a pass rusher

All young players.

giantsfan
10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Well, personally I don't think Emmitt Smith or Tiki Barber were elite RBs. Smith benefitted from having one of the best offensive lines in the history of the sport. Tiki Barber was good but I'd never consider him to be elite

I meant elite production which Mythabusta seems to imply that a RB can't have without blazing speed or the ability to truck tacklers. And no matter who you credit with it Emmitt Smith was part of an elite running game that produced, and the same can be said for Tiki after he learned not to fumble.

I give that oline most of the credit for Emmitt's success, that said Emmitt still had elite production which is why I understand the case for him being elite even if I personal don't consider him on par with Payton, Brown, Sanders, etc, the true elites.

DoWnThEfiElD
10-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Mythbusta since you say after 6 games glen dorsey is a bust, I must ask you if you thoguth these guys were busts after mediocre/poor starts in their rookie seasons:

Mario Williams (Rookie year: 4.5 sacks all in the first 8 games, just 35 tackles)
Braylon Edwards (First half of Rookie year: 14 catches, 228 yards, 1 TD)
Roddy White (First Half of Rookie year: 5 catches 42 yards)
Luis Castillo (First Half of rookie year: 10 tackles, 1.5 sacks)

Basing production after 6 games as a bust shows that you have as much knowledge on football as a shoe.

Also lets look at hs linemates:
Tank Tyler-2nd year player
Turk McBride- 2nd year player
Tamba Hali- 3rd year Player, strictly a pass rusher

All young players.

Don't present mythbusta with facts, they are meaningless, only his opinion matters...

STARHEATHER
10-15-2008, 08:01 PM
becuase unlike mario williams, i knew dorsey was a bust before hes ever played an nfl game. undersize, underathletic, injury prone, no talent living off media hype and the fact he played on a good team. no pass riush skills.one wacth of the ark tape or ohio st shows it. just gouged right at him, gaping holes. hes done nothing to prove me wrong to this point. i dont think he will, as i smell the 15 day just around the corner

illmatic74
10-15-2008, 08:22 PM
becuase unlike mario williams, i knew dorsey was a bust before hes ever played an nfl game. undersize, underathletic, injury prone, no talent living off media hype and the fact he played on a good team. no pass riush skills.one wacth of the ark tape or ohio st shows it. just gouged right at him, gaping holes. hes done nothing to prove me wrong to this point. i dont think he will, as i smell the 15 day just around the corner Unathlectic you must have been watching "tapes" of his games when he was injured. Oh yeah even though he was injured half the year 12.5 tfls and 7 sacks. Also teams double teamed him like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqiLlOybz9s

CLong4Heisman
10-15-2008, 08:31 PM
becuase unlike mario williams, i knew dorsey was a bust before hes ever played an nfl game. undersize, underathletic, injury prone, no talent living off media hype and the fact he played on a good team. no pass riush skills.one wacth of the ark tape or ohio st shows it. just gouged right at him, gaping holes. hes done nothing to prove me wrong to this point. i dont think he will, as i smell the 15 day just around the corner

I hope you know he became labeled " injury prone". He got a cheap shot from two Auburn players and they wrecked his knee.

Sniper
10-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Unathlectic you must have been watching "tapes" of his games when he was injured. Oh yeah even though he was injured half the year 12.5 tfls and 7 sacks. Also teams double teamed him like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqiLlOybz9s

Real stats aren't important. The only important stats are the ones mythbusta makes up.

DoWnThEfiElD
10-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Unathletic?? As opposed to who LeBron James?? As a DT Dorsey is very athletic...

Oh BTW your boy Cody is way more athletic than Dorsey.... Oh wait no he isn't...

Borat
10-15-2008, 10:08 PM

OMG. The 15-day? Do you mean the 15-day DL? As in, the 15-day DL that exists in baseball? HAHAHA. LMFAO. Football doesn't have a 15-day DL. You should buy some "tape" of the NFL rules

eaglesalltheway
10-16-2008, 06:33 AM

Hinesite is 20-20 isn't it busta? I would love to know why you think he is undersized and underathletic. So you based your opinion off of him solely on two games? I don't care how many times you watch it, that still equates to only two games. How many Chief games have you seen this year, huh? I'll bet its zero. I find it astounding how anyone with a DVR thinks they have the proper camera angles to evaluate prospects, priceless. Anyone with common football knowledge knows that TV angles are used best for just that, broadcasting a game. There are no end-zone angles or any other angles that help aid the evaluation process. What is with this 15 day stuff? It better not be DL like Borat said, otherwise, you are going to have people blasting you for lack of basic football knowledge, yet again.

By the way, most of you have noticed I only call mythbusta "busta". I suggest we all do the same.

CroomDawgs
10-16-2008, 11:04 AM

Yea Terence Cody has the athleticism of Usain Bolt right?

15 day? wrong sport chief

CroomDawgs
10-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Also care to answer about edwards white and castillo mythbusta?

STARHEATHER
10-16-2008, 10:21 PM
foresight is 20-20. looking back its too late. you have to know before you give a dude 20 mil guaranteed. they could have had branden albert and ryan clady in the same draft and still been ranked last on defense and maybe could have been able to score some points. what a colossal blunder. dude did less reps than jonathan stewart, ran a 5.17 pro day add one tenth combine40 at 297 lbs. mario williams at 291 lbs ran a 4.75.the proof is on the field. if you really "nitpicked" him as they say, its not hard to find the obvious problems. then throw in the injury problems. its just like why why why, but then i saw it was kc, and it totally made sense. at that moment i knew it was inevidable he was going to flop

BackwoodsBoy
10-17-2008, 03:12 AM
I really want to know how Terrence Cody can get a top 3 grade yet you don't even have Vince Oghobaase in the first round. Vince Oghobaase is the far superior athlete and still a huge man, not as huge, but a big guy still and he's been performing at a high level for 3 years as compared to just 1 year.

eaglesalltheway
10-17-2008, 07:30 AM
foresight is 20-20. looking back its too late. you have to know before you give a dude 20 mil guaranteed. they could have had branden albert and ryan clady in the same draft and still been ranked last on defense and maybe could have been able to score some points. what a colossal blunder. dude did less reps than jonathan stewart, ran a 5.17 pro day add one tenth combine40 at 297 lbs. mario williams at 291 lbs ran a 4.75.the proof is on the field. if you really "nitpicked" him as they say, its not hard to find the obvious problems. then throw in the injury problems. its just like why why why, but then i saw it was kc, and it totally made sense. at that moment i knew it was inevidable he was going to flop

Ok they have Albert, and he has been very good. Clady has looked good from what I hear as well. getting two tackles in the first round makes very little sense, despite the deficincies on their O-line. KC has needs everywhere, and did a great job of addressign those needs. I don't get what you are trying to say here. Comparing anyone to Martio Williams is totally unfair. He had (most likely) the best combine of any D-linemen (arguably any player) ever, so of course, comparing any D-linemen to Williams' combine is going to look bad. But when you look at his actual numbers, and not compared to one of the best combines ever, they are fine.
Edit: not that it matters, but once again you have a stat wrong
40 time 5.13. But 40 time is overrated for evaluating anyway, especially DTs, his first 5 and ten yards are what are important, unfortunately I couldn't find those. And though 27 reps isn't all too impressive for a DT, it is solid. Stewart had 28 reps for a RB, that is astounding, but has nothing to do with Dorsey.

eaglesalltheway
10-17-2008, 07:36 AM
hard to read busta?try reading yours.

Sniper
10-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Ok they have Albert, and he has been very good. Clady has looked good from what I hear as well. getting two tackles in the first round makes very little sense, despite the deficincies on their O-line. KC has needs everywhere, and did a great job of addressign those needs. I don't get what you are trying to say here. Comparing anyone to Martio Williams is totally unfair. He had (most likely) the best combine of any D-linemen (arguably any player) ever, so of course, comparing any D-linemen to Williams' combine is going to look bad. But when you look at his actual numbers, and not compared to one of the best combines ever, they are fine.
Edit: not that it matters, but once again you have a stat wrong
40 time 5.13. But 40 time is overrated for evaluating anyway, especially DTs, his first 5 and ten yards are what are important, unfortunately I couldn't find those. And though 27 reps isn't all too impressive for a DT, it is solid. Stewart had 28 reps for a RB, that is astounding, but has nothing to do with Dorsey.

His stats aren't wrong. Mythbusta decides what stats a player gets.

Clady is also working with Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, whoever Denver's running back is this week and a competent head coach. Albert is working with Brodie Croyle or whoever KC is trotting out at QB. Period. End of story.

eaglesalltheway
10-17-2008, 07:49 AM
His stats aren't wrong. Mythbusta decides what stats a player gets. My bad, I forgot...

Clady is also working with Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, whoever Denver's running back is this week and a competent head coach. Albert is working with Brodie Croyle or whoever KC is trotting out at QB. Period. End of story.

Albert supposeldy is doing well despite that, so i really can't figure out what type of point busta is trying to make

Sniper
10-17-2008, 07:58 AM
My bad, I forgot...

Albert supposeldy is doing well despite that, so i really can't figure out what type of point busta is trying to make

Busta pins all wins and losses on first rounders. It doesn't matter if they've actually done anything to get those wins, but apparently they hold the fate of the team in their hands. Nothing anyone else does matters. So, Leodis McKelvin has clearly been a better pick than Glenn Dorsey, Ryan Clady, or Jerod Mayo because McKelvin's team is better. DUH!

SuperKevin
10-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Busta pins all wins and losses on first rounders. It doesn't matter if they've actually done anything to get those wins, but apparently they hold the fate of the team in their hands. Nothing anyone else does matters. So, Leodis McKelvin has clearly been a better pick than Glenn Dorsey, Ryan Clady, or Jerod Mayo because McKelvin's team is better. DUH!

Well Leodis McKelvin is awesome.

giantsfan
10-17-2008, 11:05 AM
His stats aren't wrong. Mythbusta decides what stats a player gets.

Clady has a talented offense but he's a beast at pass blocking and really doing much better as a run blocker than I thought. I was hoping he'd slide and the Gmen could pick him up, but that was before we made our playoff run.

Sniper
10-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Well Leodis McKelvin is awesome.

Yes, but the Bills didn't go from bleh to really good because of Leodis McKelvin.

eaglesalltheway
10-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Yes, but the Bills didn't go from bleh to really good because of Leodis McKelvin.

Just like the Cheifs didn't become really bad because of Glenn Dorsey. I can't beleive busta actually beleives that garbage.

STARHEATHER
10-17-2008, 07:28 PM
they were bad before he got there. he just hasnt made them better if anything theyre worse. hes making like 7 mil this yr 20 mil guaranteed or something like that for them to be the 32nd rated defense. its like subtraction by addition. add 7 mil salary. become worse. ryan clady branden albert could have been a staple you could have been set on your ol for 10 yrs, and its hard to get set on your ol. instead they get this guy when they could have gotten clady and theyre still the worst defense in the league. horrible awful terrible blunder. the worst pick in the draft by far. looks like cj spiller might have serious injury. out again this week. if he sits again may have to take him off the board. i going to check out everett brown tonight

vidae
10-17-2008, 08:40 PM
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

iBoldin
10-17-2008, 10:03 PM
they were bad before he got there. he just hasnt made them better if anything theyre worse. hes making like 7 mil this yr 20 mil guaranteed or something like that for them to be the 32nd rated defense. its like subtraction by addition. add 7 mil salary. become worse. ryan clady branden albert could have been a staple you could have been set on your ol for 10 yrs, and its hard to get set on your ol. instead they get this guy when they could have gotten clady and theyre still the worst defense in the league. horrible awful terrible blunder. the worst pick in the draft by far. looks like cj spiller might have serious injury. out again this week. if he sits again may have to take him off the board. i going to check out everett brown tonight

Branden Albert is a Chief.

STARHEATHER
10-17-2008, 11:01 PM
thats what i mean. branden albert and ryan clady. instead they get dorsey. i know youre a fan, but you cant tell me glenn dorsey is making them any better. i think ryan clady would. its ok to root for your team, but sometimes you have to accept reality that mistakes have been made there huge in their personnel dept. and dorsey is the crowning mistake. the one who gets them all canned

CashmoneyDrew
10-17-2008, 11:12 PM
thats what i mean. branden albert and ryan clady. instead they get dorsey. i know youre a fan, but you cant tell me glenn dorsey is making them any better. i think ryan clady would. its ok to root for your team, but sometimes you have to accept reality that mistakes have been made there huge in their personnel dept. and dorsey is the crowning mistake. the one who gets them all canned

You have no shame do you?

STARHEATHER
10-17-2008, 11:17 PM
more like no mercy

CashmoneyDrew
10-17-2008, 11:27 PM
more like no mercy

Puh-lease.

regoob2
10-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Freeman= JaMarcus Russell. He has a huge arm and is big and mobile for a guy that size.
Freeman and Russell are not very alike. Not all big black QBs are the same.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 03:33 PM
another day another 300 on the ground on dorsey just an fyi. orakpo and kindle are the truth. cj spiller and greg hardy may soon be making an exit from the first rd with everrete brown on their heels.

iBoldin
10-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Why would Greg Hardy be on the way out in he got injured, yet still made two key plays that still put the game in arms reach for a team that just doesn't match up with the class of 'Bama?

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 03:54 PM
because hes always injured. he already has all kinds of character issues surrounding him all the time. he certainly wasnt dominating vs alabama made some plays but nothing freaky or special. i like his talent i dont like his problems or his injuries. a high pick is too much to invest. the risk is too high for me at this point.

CashmoneyDrew
10-19-2008, 04:34 PM
another day another 300 on the ground on dorsey just an fyi. orakpo and kindle are the truth. cj spiller and greg hardy may soon be making an exit from the first rd with everrete brown on their heels.

You do realize that a majority of those yards against the Titans came outside the tackles right? How should Dorsey be to blame for that?

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 04:43 PM
i know its always someone elses fault. theres no chance he just isnt good. just impossible.353 yards on the ground. i saw a clip of lendale white breaking an 80 yarder right up the gut. maybe he wasnt in. hurt or benched for inneffectiveness? how bad to you have to be to allow an 80 yarder to lendale white. he may win the slowest back in the nfl contest. i mean how many times does the same thing have to happen before you just say i give up this guy is terrible my bad i missed on this one etc etc.

CashmoneyDrew
10-19-2008, 04:48 PM
i know its always someone elses fault. theres no chance he just isnt good. just impossible.353 yards on the ground. i saw a clip of lendale white breaking an 80 yarder right up the gut. maybe he wasnt in. hurt or benched for inneffectiveness? how bad to you have to be to allow an 80 yarder to lendale white. he may win the slowest back in the nfl contest. i mean how many times does the same thing have to happen before you just say i give up this guy is terrible my bad i missed on this one etc etc.

Hahahaha. Yeah, they should give up after what, 7 games? Albert Haynesworth wasn't exactly a world beater his rookie season. It took him a couple of years to adjust. Would you not say he's the best DT in the league right now? Not everyone produces right away. He doesn't exactly have a studly supporting cast either.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 04:54 PM
7 games in a row of being run over. youre paying this dude 7 mil per year to "adjust" for a couple years? good strategy. love it. thats how you go 1-6 3-13 etc etc. either you can play at the nfl level effectively or you cant. he cant. so keep riding the train until you crash and burn totally. follow your hero until the end. then im sure what ll hear is "al the scouts loved him" so its not my fault.

CashmoneyDrew
10-19-2008, 05:02 PM
7 games in a row of being run over. youre paying this dude 7 mil per year to "adjust" for a couple years? good strategy. love it. thats how you go 1-6 3-13 etc etc. either you can play at the nfl level effectively or you cant. he cant. so keep riding the train until you crash and burn totally. follow your hero until the end. then im sure what ll hear is "al the scouts loved him" so its not my fault.

My hero. Right. I'm just a realist. I know that not every player makes an all-star impact right away. You do know Peyton Manning threw 28 INT's his rookie year right? He's terrible. Why'd they draft him number one? Tom Brady didn't win a super bowl until his second season. Worst QB ever. LT didn't average 4 yards a carry his rookie year. BUST! You're funny. You must be a comedian.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 07:12 PM
youre not a realist. youre in fantasy land if you think dorsey was the next warren sapp or a player at all

Sniper
10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
My hero. Right. I'm just a realist. I know that not every player makes an all-star impact right away. You do know Peyton Manning threw 28 INT's his rookie year right? He's terrible. Why'd they draft him number one? Tom Brady didn't win a super bowl until his second season. Worst QB ever. LT didn't average 4 yards a carry his rookie year. BUST! You're funny. You must be a comedian.

Brian Westbrook didn't start right away...Tack that onto the list. Braylon Edwards didn't crack 1,000 yards until his third year. Joe Thomas gave up at least two sacks, IIRC, in his first game. Nnamdi Asomugha has had four seasons (including this one) without an INT, he must be a terrible corner. Reggie Wayne didn't crack 1,000 yards until his fourth year, and only has two seasons of double digit TDs. WASTES I TELL YOU!

(VM this was not aimed at you haha)

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 07:19 PM
what does brian westbrook have to do with it. dorsey is starting. and stinking badly. joe thomas is overrated anyway, but he certainly wasnt playing as poorly 6 weeks in as dorsey

CashmoneyDrew
10-19-2008, 10:49 PM
what does brian westbrook have to do with it. dorsey is starting. and stinking badly. joe thomas is overrated anyway, but he certainly wasnt playing as poorly 6 weeks in as dorsey

Brian Westbrook has everything to do with it. You're bashing one player because he hasn't paid immediate dividends to his team. Brian Westbrook was used as an example because he didn't pay immediate dividends as well. Therefore, your logic equals epic fail.

themaninblack
10-19-2008, 11:31 PM
I'd love to see Mythbustas list of top prospects. I don't think anyone is worthy of a first round pick by his standards.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 11:35 PM
theres a list right in this thread. although a few guys have come off due to injury, spiller and hardy and everrett brown just wasnt that great vs nc state. youre totally right i dont like a lot of players. a lot of players donte live up to expectations. about 80%. so why would i like everyone when i know most of them will not meet expectations

CashmoneyDrew
10-19-2008, 11:40 PM
theres a list right in this thread. although a few guys have come off due to injury, spiller and hardy and everrett brown just wasnt that great vs nc state. youre totally right i dont like a lot of players. a lot of players donte live up to expectations. about 80%. so why would i like everyone when i know most of them will not meet expectations

Because you don't know for sure that the 20% of those guys you like will pan out either.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 11:42 PM
thats the game. find the legends, eliminate the myths. there are a lot more myths than legends

CashmoneyDrew
10-19-2008, 11:44 PM
thats the game. find the legends, eliminate the myths. there are a lot more myths than legends

Right....
But automatically taking 80% of the players in the pool off of the board only makes you're chances of actually finding quality players that much more difficult.

CroomDawgs
10-19-2008, 11:52 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE explain how Joe Thomas is overrated. I would love to hear this

CroomDawgs
10-19-2008, 11:53 PM

God you might be the biggest tool ever.

eaglesalltheway
10-20-2008, 06:29 AM
youre not a realist. youre in fantasy land if you think dorsey was the next warren sapp or a player at all

So if he isn't a realist and in fnatasy land what does that make you? You judge players off of one game, you just said it when you said you were going to check out Everette Brown, and apparently he didn't impress you on Saturday because you don't like him now. so if he is in fantasy land, I guess you are in inconceivableville.

STARHEATHER
10-21-2008, 10:24 PM
well their offense is amongst the worst in the league. they cant run the ball effectively. i saw two games of his both he was inept. hes decent tackle. hes not a great one. they had some breaks go their way and they won more games than they should have. i think were seeing the real brownies and the real joe thomas this year

rockio42
10-21-2008, 10:49 PM
I just looked at your list, and you say you look a lot at how prospects play, so how is Michael Johnson on your list, because by your standards he would be a 3-4th rounder because I think most people admit that most of his hype is off of potential right now

eaglesalltheway
10-22-2008, 07:07 AM
well their offense is amongst the worst in the league. they cant run the ball effectively. i saw two games of his both he was inept. hes decent tackle. hes not a great one. they had some breaks go their way and they won more games than they should have. i think were seeing the real brownies and the real joe thomas this year

So you are basing you ropinion on him on two games wow, lots of effort there buddy. Once you see 5 games, that is when you can get an idea of the player as a whole, you need to see more than two games to see how a player will be. He could play the two best games of his life, and then you'd be all over his nuts. Or a great player could have two very poor games by their standard, and you call them insti-busts.

TickOffOurBestPlayer
10-22-2008, 07:16 AM
So you are basing you ropinion on him on two games wow, lots of effort there buddy. Once you see 5 games, that is when you can get an idea of the player as a whole, you need to see more than two games to see how a player will be. He could play the two best games of his life, and then you'd be all over his nuts. Or a great player could have two very poor games by their standard, and you call them insti-busts.

I don't think myth even watched our games. 90% of the pressure is coming off the right side because Kevin Shaffer sucks. The lone game Ryan Tucker played(against the best pass rush mind you) we protected Anderson to perfection. 99% of our pressure is a result of the suckiness that is Hank Fraley and Kevin Shaffer.

Joe Thomas has given up a 1.5 sacks. He's on pass for 3.5 OMG BUST!!!!! This the year after giving up what 2 his first season?

eaglesalltheway
10-22-2008, 07:22 AM
I don't think myth even watched our games. 90% of the pressure is coming off the right side because Kevin Shaffer sucks. The lone game Ryan Tucker played(against the best pass rush mind you) we protected Anderson to perfection. 99% of our pressure is a result of the suckiness that is Hank Fraley and Kevin Shaffer.

Joe Thomas has given up a 1.5 sacks. He's on pass for 3.5 OMG BUST!!!!! This the year after giving up what 2 his first season?

I can attest to the suckiness that is Hank Fraley...

CroomDawgs
10-22-2008, 10:30 AM

Wow, 2 GAMES. Tahts the makings of a great scout right there. Just ignore his pro bowl season last year or the fact he's given up like 1 sack this year, but in two games he's been mediocre and he sucks. My god...

giantsfan
10-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Right....
But automatically taking 80% of the players in the pool off of the board only makes you're chances of actually finding quality players that much more difficult.

See it's myths like this The Myth Busters try and disprove. VM, there's no logic in football, the key good drafting is arbitrarily removing 80% of the draft prospects from the board as they are likely to bust and then assuming that the remaining 20% will be goods by default. That's how a smart team drafts.

hobbes2053
10-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Wow, 2 GAMES. Tahts the makings of a great scout right there. Just ignore his pro bowl season last year or the fact he's given up like 1 sack this year, but in two games he's been mediocre and he sucks. My god...

Don't underestimate mythbustas keen eye in the film room. He only needs to see 1 or 2 games to make an accurate opinion of how good a player is. I don't know how he isn't employed as a scout by an NFL/NCAA team by now.

illmatic74
10-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Don't underestimate mythbustas keen eye in the film room. He only needs to see 1 or 2 games to make an accurate opinion of how good a player is. I don't know how he isn't employed as a scout by an NFL/NCAA team by now. Hell he should also replace Mayock, Kiper and McShay and be the only NFL draft expert.

eaglesalltheway
10-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Don't underestimate mythbustas keen eye in the film room. He only needs to see 1 or 2 games to make an accurate opinion of how good a player is. I don't know how he isn't employed as a scout by an NFL/NCAA team by now.

I'm all for sarcasm, but that is taking it too far. I literally shivered with fear.

hobbes2053
10-22-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm all for sarcasm, but that is taking it too far. I literally shivered with fear.

Granted that might have been a bit much, but you know where I was taking it. It's just that the way he knocks every "legitimate" prospect down, I don't know how any team will have a good draft come April.

themaninblack
10-22-2008, 06:09 PM
There is a difference between not liking a player and not even giving them a chance.

eaglesalltheway
10-23-2008, 06:57 AM
Granted that might have been a bit much, but you know where I was taking it. It's just that the way he knocks every "legitimate" prospect down, I don't know how any team will have a good draft come April.

Yeah I know what you were going for. You got there, but you got there with such greatness that the mere thought of busta in charge of anything almost put me into a seizure.

eaglesalltheway
10-23-2008, 06:58 AM
There is a difference between not liking a player and not even giving them a chance.

Well with busta if they do well the first time he sees them he gives them the benefit of the doubt the rest of their career...