PDA

View Full Version : NFC and AFC

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 06:01 AM
So after all these years of talks: The AFC is so much better than the NFC, these past two years it suddenly started to change and to shift. Yes the Patriots lost Brady, but no one can tell me that that defense is still dominant.
So what are ur thoughts? is the NFC better now? Is the AFC still getting the nod or is it a pus?

BuddyCHRIST
10-09-2008, 06:08 AM
NFC East is so nasty it carries the NFC. I'd say right now the NFC is probably better without Brady and the Colts and Chargers not in top form. Some of the top teams in the AFC right now don't seem like legit Super Bowl contenders (Titans, Eagles) while alot of the top teams in the NFC do. The more I think about it, the more it is probably a push though.

Sniper
10-09-2008, 06:17 AM
NFC East is so nasty it carries the NFC. I'd say right now the NFC is probably better without Brady and the Colts and Chargers not in top form. Some of the top teams in the AFC right now don't seem like legit Super Bowl contenders (Titans, Eagles) while alot of the top teams in the NFC do. The more I think about it, the more it is probably a push though.

The Eagles are in the NFC...and in the "so nasty" NFC East.

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 06:26 AM
idk the NFC South is no slouch either and besides the Lions the NFC North is good too.

eaglesalltheway
10-09-2008, 07:00 AM

The Eagles are in the NFC

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 07:01 AM
I think he meant the bills

Smooth Criminal
10-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Other than the NFC East I'm not sold on the NFC. The AFC is having a horrible year but teams like Denver, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and Buffallo are definately good enough to compete with the NFC's top teams.

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 08:08 AM
well Buffalo just lost to the Cardinals, the Pittsburgh Steelers lost horribly to the Eagles and Denver got lucky that Martin Gramatica Sucks ass

stephenson86
10-09-2008, 08:35 AM
i think the NFC is having a better year the the AFC but i think if you were to say...rank all the teams and have the counterparts play itd be pretty even score...i think the top of the NFC is better but then i would say the AFC has more teams with a chance of competing in the playoffs than the NFC

DiG
10-09-2008, 08:40 AM
I'd say the AFC still has more premiere teams honestly. The NFC feels like it has a lot of boderline teams.

Giants
Redskins
Cowboys
Panthers

Borderline
Bucs
Saints
Bears
Eagles
Packers
Cards

Titans
Bills
Steelers
Broncos
Patriots
Colts

Borderline
Jets
Chargers

MetSox17
10-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I'd say the AFC still has more premiere teams honestly. The NFC feels like it has a lot of boderline teams.

Giants
Redskins
Cowboys
Panthers

Borderline
Bucs
Saints
Bears
Eagles
Packers
Cards

Titans
Bills
Steelers
Broncos
Patriots
Colts

Borderline
Jets
Chargers

Um, what?

The Bills got destroyed by the Cardinals. The Steelers are injury plagued and not very good, the Broncos can't play defense and the Patriots don't have a quarterback. I'm not sure how teams with huge question marks are "top" teams in your eyes.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I don't think anyone wants to play Tennessee in the playoffs, especially with Collins starting.

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 09:12 AM
umm Colts Top this year?

SFbear
10-09-2008, 10:37 AM

Giants
Redskins
Cowboys
Panthers

Borderline
Bucs
Saints
Bears
Eagles
Packers
Cards

Titans
Bills
Steelers
Broncos
Patriots
Colts

Borderline
Jets
Chargers

The only top AFC team I agree with you on are the Titans and even they could have offensive struggles in the playoffs. Colts and Denver have defensive issues and the rest aren't that far off from pretty devastating losses from pretty borderline teams( Patriots vs. Dolphins, Bills vs. Cardinals, Steelers vs. Eagles).

10-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Also, the top 3 pre-season AFC Teams are all missing their best player on one side of the ball. The Pats Brady, the Colts Sanders, and the Chargers Merriman(Also the Colts are missing Saturday, their best lineman). Of course they won't be world beaters this year. The fact that now the NFC just might be a little ahead is a testament to how far ahead the AFC is.

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Um, what?

The Bills got destroyed by the Cardinals. The Steelers are injury plagued and not very good, the Broncos can't play defense and the Patriots don't have a quarterback. I'm not sure how teams with huge question marks are "top" teams in your eyes.

The Steelers lost Rashard Mendenhall for the Season as well as Kendall Simmons.

Kendall Simmons was our worst lineman and Darnell Stapleton, a UDFA from Rutgers (Scottyboy reppin') is outplaying him.

Parker, Keisel, Hampton, Reed are all back for the Bengals game... so.. We have 2 guys on IR, one who's barely contributed... and one lineman... scratch that... 2 guys that have barely contributed.

Word is too that Sweed will be activated after the Bye.

As fro Philly "Destroying Pittsburgh" They annihilated our Offense so bad they won by a mere 9 points.

IMO if the Steelers style of offense they used to play Jax (Plus Hampton, Reed, Parker, Keisel back) I think they could beat the Eagles.

ChezPower4
10-09-2008, 04:48 PM

Giants
Redskins
Cowboys
Panthers

Borderline
Bucs
Saints
Bears
Eagles
Packers
Cards

Titans
Bills
Steelers
Broncos
Patriots
Colts

Borderline
Jets
Chargers

I'm not sold on the colts i wouldn't put them as a top team in the AFC just yet. To many problems on defense and and their offense has not looked like it has in the past

Geo
10-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Right now at this moment, the NFC looks a bit stronger. But for the season, I think it's very, very balanced and even. The NFC has come up from a few years ago.

10-09-2008, 06:10 PM
well Buffalo just lost to the Cardinals, the Pittsburgh Steelers lost horribly to the Eagles and Denver got lucky that Martin Gramatica Sucks ass

Buffalo lost without their starting QB, the Steelers always lose to a few teams they're better than, and I'll admit, Denver is not going far in the playoffs if the D doesn't vastly improve.

GB12
10-09-2008, 06:11 PM
2 weeks ago I would have said that the NFC is far better than the AFC. Right now it looks pretty even. I do think that we might be seeing it shift back to for the NFC to have a run of dominance.

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Buffalo lost without their starting QB, the Steelers always lose to a few teams they're better than, and I'll admit, Denver is not going far in the playoffs if the D doesn't vastly improve.
u cant say though it was JP Losmans fault, he did pretty solid and almost as good as Edwards, it was the defense that lost them the game

MetSox17
10-09-2008, 08:03 PM
u cant say though it was JP Losmans fault, he did pretty solid and almost as good as Edwards, it was the defense that lost them the game

Trent Edwards wasn't gonna stop Kurt Warner from lighting the Bills defense up.

Dam8610
10-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Also, the top 3 pre-season AFC Teams are all missing their best player on one side of the ball. The Pats Brady, the Colts Sanders, and the Chargers Merriman(Also the Colts are missing Saturday, their best lineman). Of course they won't be world beaters this year. The fact that now the NFC just might be a little ahead is a testament to how far ahead the AFC is.

The Colts have Saturday back. They got him back against the Jaguars.

DeathbyStat
10-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Im almost positive that a team from the nfc will win the super bowl

Mr. Stiller
10-10-2008, 12:06 PM
It has to be a NFC East team.

But, I'd like to reassess where the power lies closer to week10-12 when it starts shaping up.

Go_Eagles77
10-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Being the worst team in the NFC East sucks.

awfullyquiet
10-10-2008, 12:18 PM
As fro Philly "Destroying Pittsburgh" They annihilated our Offense so bad they won by a mere 9 points.

Um. You must have not been watching the game.

Just because the score was close didn't mean the game was.

Figure this: if the defense keeps your scores down in a dominating fashion. and the offense is just good enough to throw up 15 points... you know what? If you can't score in any convincing fashion... you were dominated.

Mr. Stiller
10-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Um. You must have not been watching the game.

Just because the score was close didn't mean the game was.

Figure this: if the defense keeps your scores down in a dominating fashion. and the offense is just good enough to throw up 15 points... you know what? If you can't score in any convincing fashion... you were dominated.

There's no doubt that Philly's defense dominated our OLine.

The fact of the matter is... we were "Dominated" by one of the best teams in the league and yet, that game was very winnable.

Granted we didn't win it, but, had the playcalling decided to start throwing shorter passes and utilizing the RB's, we could have very well won that game.

So if being dominated is being within winning reach of the game, then I think this team has a pretty good chance to compete.

Gay Ork Wang
10-10-2008, 12:31 PM
its not winnable if u got dominated

Mr. Stiller
10-10-2008, 12:33 PM
its not winnable if u got dominated

Philly got a Safety in the closing minutes.

The MVP of that game was Sav Rocca. He pinned us deep so often.

Fact of the matter is, until the safety at the end of the game 1 touchdown could've tied the game.

All it takes is 1 breakaway reception or Run and even though we got our butts kicked that game was very winnable.

Turtlepower
10-10-2008, 12:35 PM
The fact of the matter is... we were "Dominated" by one of the best teams in the league and yet, that game was very winnable.

The Eagles are no where near one of the best teams in the league. In fact, I'd say that there are at least 6-8 teams in the NFC better than the Eagles.

Mr. Stiller
10-10-2008, 12:37 PM
The Eagles are no where near one of the best teams in the league. In fact, I'd say that there are at least 6-8 teams in the NFC better than the Eagles.

With Westbrook down? I'd agree. I will say this.. If the Steelers are supposed to or do go far into the playoffs... most of the possible matchups will be repeats as we play the NFC East, the AFC South (Tennessee) and New England/SD/Indy.

Turtlepower
10-10-2008, 12:41 PM
With Westbrook down? I'd agree.

Even with Westbrook, I'd still say that these teams are better:

Giants
Cowboys
Redskins
Panthers
Bears
Cardinals
Falcons

Mr. Stiller
10-10-2008, 12:58 PM

Giants
Cowboys
Redskins
Panthers
Bears
Cardinals
Falcons

I'd give you Giants/Cowboys/Redskins...

I'd say the Eagles are probably playing the same level as Panthers/Bears..

Granted I haven't seen their latest game, I don't think they're as bad.

In all reality all 4 NFCE teams should be in the playoffs.

awfullyquiet
10-10-2008, 02:09 PM

Fact of the matter is, until the safety at the end of the game 1 touchdown could've tied the game.

All it takes is 1 breakaway reception or Run and even though we got our butts kicked that game was very winnable.

Sure. Coulda Shoulda Woulda....

The fact is is that the steelers DIDN'T make those plays. Maybe the eagles stopped every possible breakaway reception or run... as BF_51 says often. If you give up the big (run/pass) play, you cannot say your (run/pass) defense is good. The eagles didn't give up the pass or run, and contrarily shut down every opportunity for the steelers to gain ground.

That's called domination.

sweetness34
10-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Any team competing for a playoff spot has a legit chance to win the SB. That's what I love about this season. There is no dominant team (as we have found out with Dallas, Indy, NE, San Diego, Carolina, etc).

Yea I know the "any team can win on any given Sunday" idea applies every season but last year it was the Patriots SB to lose for the most part, this year there is no team like that and even the top tier teams aren't as good as we all thought they would be. I'm not even sold on the Giants until they play a competitive team (Washington's first week was a fluke IMO).

It's going to be a wild ride this season and I can't wait!

SeanTaylorRIP
10-10-2008, 02:20 PM

Giants
Cowboys
Redskins
Panthers
Bears
Cardinals
Falcons

I'll give you teh Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, and Panthers, but I still think the Eagles are superior to the Bears despite losing, definitely the Cardinals, and the Falcons have no right being mentioned as a better team than Philly. Philly is still the NFL's top run defense, their secondary has Brian Dawkins, Asante Samuels, Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard just to name a few, and by the way have a pro bowl running back and a meast of a QB. They are a top 5 team in the NFL IMO but haven't played to what they are capable of.

ChezPower4
10-10-2008, 03:14 PM

Giants
Cowboys
Redskins
Panthers
Bears
Cardinals
Falcons

The Falcons are serious? That must be a typo

Sniper
10-10-2008, 03:21 PM

And the odds of your O-Line holding up against the relentless blitzing (oh hey Jim, that stuff works. Stop alternating between high pressure and low pressure games) were slim to none.

Mr. Stiller
10-10-2008, 05:41 PM
And the odds of your O-Line holding up against the relentless blitzing (oh hey Jim, that stuff works. Stop alternating between high pressure and low pressure games) were slim to none.

Yeah. As bad as our Oline played... that game was on the OC. I think in that whole game we threw what.. 1 screen and used 1 3-step drop?

I feel bad for doubting the browns fans when they told us Arians Sucked.

Ben has been calling the plays at the LOS Since the 2nd half of the baltimore game.

Shane P. Hallam
10-10-2008, 06:51 PM
It is, but by the end of the year, the AFC will rise back up to about even. Once the Colts and Chargers get it going, if the Broncos fix their defense just a bit, you'll have as many great teams in the AFC rather than the NFC.