PDA

View Full Version : Juice Williams

sweetness34
10-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Just wondered what your guys' thoughts are on this kid. Love to here what Scott has to say as well, here are my thoughts;

Strengths;

- Ridiculously strong arm. He has an absolute cannon and can make every NFL throw possible with his arm.

- Very good build. Isn't tall but he's built like an RB and can take punishment.

- Ability to tuck it and run. A prototypical dual threat QB. But with Juice he has become a pass first QB. He looks at his reads and runs if he doesn't see anything. That IMO is one of the biggest steps he has taken at Illinois, going from a run first QB to a pass first one.

- Very hard worker. Dedicated in the weight room, study's film all day long, and is constantly in the gym or outside working on his throws and his reads.

- Great leader. Very vocal in the locker room and on the field, he's the heart and soul of our team along with Brit Miller. He also leads with his work ethic.

Weaknesses;

- Height...He's not Chase Daniel by any means but he's also not Marc Sanchez, therefore he might have trouble getting throws off at the next level. He'll need some throwing lanes.

- Accuracy. It has improved greatly from his freshman year at Illinois but it's still inconsistent. He will overthrow an open receiver down the field, he'll miss on intermediate slant routes, etc...Still needs work.

- Inexperience. Only been "coached" at QB since about his senior season. Very young at the position and still has a lot to learn in terms of reading defenses, decision making, etc.

- Touch. He's the polar opposite of Chase Daniel here. Where Daniel has one of the best touch passes I've seen in a long time, Juice has yet to really develop this part of his game. He needs to learn when to drill it in there and when to use touch on his passes. Again it's a lot better than it was but still needs work.

Final Analysis;

Some will call me a homer but I do think if he keeps progressing like he has his first 3 years at Illinois going into next season he's a legit QB prospect because of the tools he has and the will to be great. He wants to prove everyone wrong and he's a very intelligent young man. It's hard to "project" where he goes in 2010 because it depends on his development. Still needs another year at Illinois but should be a Heisman candidate next season.

Your thoughts? I've heard a young Donovan McNabb from some people, although he's probably more raw than DM was coming out.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 02:15 PM
That is a pretty fair evaluation in my mind, and he has progressed a lot more. One thing I would like to see him do is use his legs to open up chances in the passing game. Donovan didn't learn that until two or three yearts into his NFL career, and if Juice can do that as well as everything else with his legs, that will open up a lot more possibilities for him. If he continues improving, and really gets his accuracy in check he has a shot at being a first round pick next year. Granted there are a lot of things hinging on that, but he has the ability and the drive to do it. I could also see him not coming into the NFL as a QB prospect as well, if he regresses, which I doubt, but even then he could go in the range of what Michael Robinson did when he went to the Niners in the third round. He just has waay too much talent and stays out of trouble. Those, combined with his work ethic will make him a top 3 round prospect IMO.

BBIB
10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Juice Williams has shown great strides of improvement from Freshman to Sophmore year. He did again from Sophmore year to Junior year thus far. You can probably chalk that up to that great work ethic that you mention.

Obviously he needs to again make strides again from Junior year to Senior year if he wants to get serious consideration for starter at the next level.

But it's absolutely a possibility even though after watching him play in his first season, I never would have imagined it.

Honestly there is nothing wrong with his height. He is probably 6'1-6'2.

What Juice has to work on continuing to do is work on his consistency and his accuracy. He's shown strides in these areas but he will have to continue to do so if he wants to be successful at the next level or given a chance for that matter.

But absolutely he's on the radar. Todd McShay even stated that stock up for Juice Williams after last week's performance where he set a record for total yardage in the Michigan stadium.

He has an absolute rocket arm. It isn't Favre/Russell rocket but he's up there with guys like Flacco/Cutler in terms of arm strength.

Solomon
10-10-2008, 02:18 PM
IMO he reminds me more of Michael Vick than Donovon McNabb, not saying that I think he is a top 5 prospect just yet. Pretty good analysis of his strengths and weaknesses. Juice has taken a big step up this year and is very raw but has loads of untapped potential. If Tebow can be considered an early first round QB for the 2009 draft I don't see why Juice (if he progresses like he has been) can't be conidered the same for 2010.

sweetness34
10-10-2008, 02:19 PM
I don't think anyone realizes how far he has come since he stepped on campus. He was horrible his first year. The only thing he has was an arm and the ability to run. Last year he was better but he grew as the season went on, hell people were calling for his benching when we narrowly beat Ball State on homecoming. This year he's taken another step, although still a bit inconsistent.

If, if, if it all comes together he's scary, scary prospect. And I think someday it will. He's too driven not to have that happen. The guy you saw against Mizzou and Michigan is the guy I think he can become. The guy he was against EIU, LL, and Penn State (although he was solid against he Nittany Lions) is the one he needs to eliminate.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 02:20 PM
IMO he reminds me more of Michael Vick than Donovon McNabb, not saying that I think he is a top 5 prospect just yet. Pretty good analysis of his strengths and weaknesses. Juice has taken a big step up this year and is very raw but has loads of untapped potential. If Tebow can be considered an early first round QB for the 2009 draft I don't see why Juice (if he progresses like he has been) can't be conidered the same for 2010.

Maybe his freshman year you could say he was Mike Vick, but he is evolving into a more complete QB.

BBIB
10-10-2008, 02:22 PM

I don't think he compares to either. Both of those guys were much better athletes than Juice Williams especially Vick.

Juice is probably a 4.65 type of guy. He's not a guy who can switch positions like a Brad Smith.

I think he could be in the physical mold of a Tarvaris Jackson if Tarvaris Jackson could actually make good and accurate decisions with the football.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't think anyone realizes how far he has come since he stepped on campus. He was horrible his first year. The only thing he has was an arm and the ability to run. Last year he was better but he grew as the season went on, hell people were calling for his benching when we narrowly beat Ball State on homecoming. This year he's taken another step, although still a bit inconsistent.

If, if, if it all comes together he's scary, scary prospect. And I think someday it will. He's too driven not to have that happen. The guy you saw against Mizzou and Michigan is the guy I think he can become. The guy he was against EIU, LL, and Penn State (although he was solid against he Nittany Lions) is the one he needs to eliminate.

Beleive it or not, he played a pretty good game agianst PSU IMO. Sure he didn't light up anything in the stats category, but he had limited mistakes and our defense is pretty good. Sure he threw a pick, but it happens to all QB prospects. To clear things up, I like Juice as a player, and think he has the potential to be a great prospect, but not nearly as much as sweetness apparently. Juice could prove me wrong, he has done it before, but a lot of things will have to go right for him to be an elite prospect, and very, very few things will have to go wrong.

BBIB
10-10-2008, 02:24 PM

Uh yeah I DO. I remember watching the guy. He completed 40% of his passes that year and was dead last in passing efficiency as far as rankings go.

Then he blew me away when he led that upset vs Ohio St. I was thinking, this is not the same guy I saw that Freshman year. And he has shown great strides since then.

sweetness34
10-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Vick always has been in my eyes a run first QB that never fully trusted his arm. Juice has transformed from a run first to a pass first QB. He'll stick tuck it and run it if he has an opening but for the most part he's concentrated on looking down the field.

With his accuracy I still think he's trying too hard "not to overthrow" which is causing short hops and sails. He just needs to trust his arm and his training. He's trying so hard to prove all the doubters wrong that he can throw with accuracy and avoid the rocket every time. He just needs to play. You saw those two gorgeous throws to Duvalt and Judson against Mizzou in the end zone. You saw that rocket to Cumberland in b/w two Wolverine defenders. But I've also seen him miss an easy hitch route or an easy slant route for a first. I've also seen him overthrow a wide open guy down the field.

Once he trusts his instincts and his arm is when I think you'll see him completely turn the corner.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't think he compares to either. Both of those guys were much better athletes than Juice Williams especially Vick.

Juice is probably a 4.65 type of guy. He's not a guy who can switch positions like a Brad Smith.

I think he could be in the physical mold of a Tarvaris Jackson if Tarvaris Jackson could actually make good and accurate decisions with the football.

Juice is probably a little faster than McNabb was. Juice runs hard for a QB, much harder than Donovan used to IMO, though he wasn't exactly soft when he ran the ball.

sweetness34
10-10-2008, 02:28 PM
I think what makes me most optimistic is that he's improved every year he's been here. From year 1 to year 2, from year 2 to year 3...And I expect it from year 3 to year 4. He's never "regressed" and that's what I'm looking at.

It's not like he doesn't have the mental strength or anything like that (he usually shows up in the big games). But it's all confidence and hopefully it's starting to come along with his arm.

sweetness34
10-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Juice runs like an RB. He loves contact, which is a bit of a problem, as it is with Tebow. I'd rather see him slide sometimes but it's just how he plays, and he's got the build to handle the punishment. He has some pythons for arms.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Juice runs like an RB. He loves contact, which is a bit of a problem, as it is with Tebow. I'd rather see him slide sometimes but it's just how he plays, and he's got the build to handle the punishment. He has some pythons for arms.

Personally, a love it when QBs invite contact. It shows his teammates he is not only willing to take a hit, but deliver one for the team. Of course there are situations you want them to slide, but I just love it when a QB lowers his should and drops the big hit on a defender.

BBIB
10-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Juice is probably a little faster than McNabb was. Juice runs hard for a QB, much harder than Donovan used to IMO, though he wasn't exactly soft when he ran the ball.

You obviously don't remember when Donovan McNabb played/came out of Syracuse.

McNabb was a 4.5 possibly sub 4.5 guy when he came out of school.

Juice Williams is certainly not the athlete than McNabb was. To say he's a little faster CLEARLY shows you are misinformed on that one.

Vick always has been in my eyes a run first QB that never fully trusted his arm. Juice has transformed from a run first to a pass first QB. He'll stick tuck it and run it if he has an opening but for the most part he's concentrated on looking down the field.

Vick ran because he didn't trust his Oline or WRs who constantly let him down.

I find it amusing how being compared to Vick is such an insult. Vick was a Pro Bowl QB who was top 10 in the league in yardage and touchdowns his final season.

He didn't live up to the unreal expectations around him but the idea that he was a bust or even average is a joke.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 02:39 PM
You obviously don't remember when Donovan McNabb played/came out of Syracuse.

McNabb was a 4.5 possibly sub 4.5 guy when he came out of school.

Juice Williams is certainly not the athlete than McNabb was. To say he's a little faster CLEARLY shows you are misinformed on that one.

McNabb ran a 4.64 in his best 40 ever, a little surprised at that to be honest, but most of them were around 4.7.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 02:40 PM

I find it amusing how being compared to Vick is such an insult. Vick was a Pro Bowl QB who was top 10 in the league in yardage and touchdowns his final season.

He didn't live up to the unreal expectations around him but the idea that he was a bust or even average is a joke.

I agree with your assessment on Vick. It isn't an insult, it is a compliment to the athletecism.

BBIB
10-10-2008, 03:02 PM
McNabb ran a 4.64 in his best 40 ever, a little surprised at that to be honest, but most of them were around 4.7.

Im almost certain he ran faster than that.

Is that an official time? Maybe something was wrong with him because he showed a lot more wheels than that.

Well I guess Juice Williams could be in his range in timed speed. But then again IM not so sure Juice Williams even runs that fast.

Malaka
10-10-2008, 03:03 PM

Someone who thinks about Vick somewhat of the same way I do. To be honest, I was extremely saddened when Michael Vick was arrested, I loved him as a player, a quarterback, and his running. He was easily the most exciting player in the league, and I wish I could do something or change something in the past so this would never happen. Vick was not a bust and was not even a bad QB as any people say. Vick was easily the greatest scrambling QB ever, and he was a very good QB, he was in no way a bust, his last season I believe he had 22 TDs and 10 INTs, and I think a 56% completion percentage, sure he was a run first QB, but he had no trust in his team whatsoever. When the Falcons beat someone Vick beat them, no one else, he had a ****** O-line, ****** receivers (Roddy was not good yet, Jenkins sucks, Crumpler was a pro bowler till Vick left.). He was the most exciting player in the NFL, he lead a team, that in my opinion should have not even been there, to the NFCCG, and was a very good leader in the locker room, I wish he did not make such a stupid decision, he was worth his draft spot IMO.

/end lovefest on Vick

keylime_5
10-10-2008, 03:11 PM
I like juice as a prospect. Sorta a poor man's donovan mcnabb. he gets better every year and every week, which is a great sign for him as a pro QB. If he keeps up the progress he could be a first rounder in 2010. Kinda like Troy Smith too in how he developed from a run first QB who could barely pass to a pass first QB who can run when he needs to.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Im almost certain he ran faster than that.

Is that an official time? Maybe something was wrong with him because he showed a lot more wheels than that.

Well I guess Juice Williams could be in his range in timed speed. But then again IM not so sure Juice Williams even runs that fast.

It was the number that was listed for his combine, and I remember reading that he usually ran in the low 4.7s. In no way was I knocking McNabb though, it was intended to compliment Juice's athletic ability.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 03:20 PM
The fastes 40 time I could find for donovan was his Pro-Day, and that was a 4.45, which I find very hard to beleive. I watched this guy like a hawk throughout his career, and he just doesn't run that fast.

sweetness34
10-10-2008, 03:35 PM
I like juice as a prospect. Sorta a poor man's donovan mcnabb. he gets better every year and every week, which is a great sign for him as a pro QB. If he keeps up the progress he could be a first rounder in 2010. Kinda like Troy Smith too in how he developed from a run first QB who could barely pass to a pass first QB who can run when he needs to.

I think Juice is kinda like Troy Smith with better size and a much better arm. Troy was a great college QB.

Juice has a freaking cannon though. I have seen him launch it 80 yards.

Staubach12
10-10-2008, 04:27 PM
I like Juice. He needs to keep developing, and he needs to sit for a year or two. I know people like to throw their QBs in the fire these days, but some development would be invaluable for him.

jnew76
10-10-2008, 06:10 PM
I like Juice as a prospect. I think his pocket awareness needs to improve. He has some trouble seeing/feeling the rush at times. Needs to know when to slide and step up in the pocket.

Watching him in the last 2 missouri games and various others over the last 2 years, I think he has a ton of potential. The touch on his deep ball has improved. He still needs to work on the short to intermediate routes as Sweetness said.

His defining moment was the OSU game last year when he would not let the team lose. I think it went a log way in his leadership development and respect of the team/country.

Everything else Sweetness said is spot on IMO. Needs to continue to improve, but is an outstanding prospect.

BamaFalcon59
10-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Maybe his freshman year you could say he was Mike Vick, but he is evolving into a more complete QB.

What? Vick was an absolutely amazing prospect. Juice as a freshman was a decent athlete and had a good arm.

regoob2
10-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Brasic was better!

BBIB
10-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Juice Williams is turning into one of my favorite prospects. I've never seen a guy improve so much. If he somehow improve again next season, he's going to have to get some serious consideration among all the highly regarded QBs.

And what a sick QB class that could be overall.

MetSox17
10-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Haven't read the entire thread, but did someone already mention him turning into a rush 'backer?

jnew76
10-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Haven't read the entire thread, but did someone already mention him turning into a rush 'backer?

TIDD has left the building, thankfully(or not if you enjoyed his incredble insight), but they could have sure used a rush 'backer today.

sweetness34
10-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Juice had a big game today. Over 450 yards through the air. Now granted there were a lot of screens and underneath routes but he did have some really nice throws down field going out of the pocket.

It's like night and day watching him this year compared to 3 years ago. Heisman canddiate for 2009, without a doubt if he keeps this up.

bearsfan_51
10-11-2008, 06:02 PM
He still held the ball too long which is why he was sacked 5 times, fumbled once, and threw an interception.

He has a hell of a deep ball but has a ways to go.

keylime_5
10-11-2008, 06:05 PM
lots of good underclassmen QBs (as opposed to about one good senior Qb). Should be some pretty good experienced offenses in 2009.

BamaFalcon59
10-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Tyrod Taylor ftw in 2011! 6'1" 215 (should be about 225 when he comes out), great athletic ability but more importantly a great arm and touch. Plays in a pro style passing game rather than a spread. No real weapons at receiver at this point (top 4 or 5 are all freshman, mostly true freshman). Stats aren't great because right now we lean on the run due to the receivers, but he gets better every week. When he comes out he will have all the tools and be essentially a four year starter.

Pwnage!

SeanTaylorRIP
10-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Tyrod Taylor ftw in 2011! 6'1" 215 (should be about 225 when he comes out), great athletic ability but more importantly a great arm and touch. Plays in a pro style passing game rather than a spread. No real weapons at receiver at this point (top 4 or 5 are all freshman, mostly true freshman). Stats aren't great because right now we lean on the run due to the receivers, but he gets better every week. When he comes out he will have all the tools and be essentially a four year starter.

Pwnage!

Somehow you manage to make every thread about Virginia Tech, lol. Honestly Tyrod Taylor will be a similar pro prospect to Marcus Vick minus the headaches.

BamaFalcon59
10-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Somehow you manage to make every thread about Virginia Tech, lol. Honestly Tyrod Taylor will be a similar pro prospect to Marcus Vick minus the headaches.

Sorry man, just gotta chime in haha.

I agree. At this point Taylor runs more, but they are very similar.

And that's not really a bad thing, Marcus Vick was very talented.

Malaka
10-11-2008, 07:37 PM

Yeah, Marcus Vick was a very good player (nowhere near his brother), but was held back by his stupidity, who knows maybe if he was smart enough not get into so much trouble he might have been a decent starting QB in this league somewhere, he was tried at WR by the Dolphins so who knows where he could have been.

CroomDawgs
10-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Juice Is a legitamite QB prospect, altho he runs quite a bit I saw the michigan and PSU games and he is defintely pass first QB and has the capability to scramble from the pocket. He isn't overly accurate tho and is like what 6'1 so I'd say for now prolly a 3rd rounder but definetely is moving up.

BBIB
10-13-2008, 11:54 AM

At this point there is no comparison. That's a huge insult to Juice Williams at this point.

Juice Williams is by far a better passer than Tyrod Taylor and Tyrod Taylor is way too high of a tendency to run the football.

Tyrod Taylor would have to stay two more years and have vast improvements to have any chance at getting a look at pro QB

As of now Taylor has a whopping 6 passing touchdowns in his career.

eaglesalltheway
10-13-2008, 12:14 PM
What? Vick was an absolutely amazing prospect. Juice as a freshman was a decent athlete and had a good arm.

I agree there, I was just talking aobut the style of QB they are. There is no doubt Vick was known as a run first QB when he came into the league.

Monomach
10-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I see some people saying that he's run-first. That's actually not true. It used to be, but it's not anymore.

Anyway...If he keeps progressing, he could be something.

He'll either make it as a QB or nothing at all. He's not fast enough to be a wideout. He's too small to be a fullback. He can't scramble like a Vick or Young. He's going to live and die by his touch, accuracy, and decision-making. I don't mention the arm because he's got arm strength in spades.

sweetness34
10-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Juice will at least be a backup QB in the NFL. But with his work ethic, with his leadership, with his arm, with his mobility, with his size (again the kid is built like a truck), and with the steps he's already taken, going from a horrible QB his freshman year to a Heisman candidate next season...I think he will be an NFL QB someday.

Does he have a ways to go? Sure he does. But with his improvement on campus so far, I can't help but think it will continue. He's a lot of fun to watch.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
10-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Brasic was better!

Nice Tim Brasic reference. He was the real deal in high school at Riverside-Brookfield. He rewrote the IHSA record books. I have talked with a few of his former teammates and he never had intended to go to Illinois, he preferred Northern Illinois. However, his father was a huge Illinois guy and actually made Brasic attend Illinois. Brasic hit Illinois at a very bad time, during the ill-fated Ron Turner era. Brasic had talent, but Illinois didn't and was headed in the wrong direction. Too bad that it didn't work out for him.

regoob2
10-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Nice Tim Brasic reference. He was the real deal in high school at Riverside-Brookfield. He rewrote the IHSA record books. I have talked with a few of his former teammates and he never had intended to go to Illinois, he preferred Northern Illinois. However, his father was a huge Illinois guy and actually made Brasic attend Illinois. Brasic hit Illinois at a very bad time, during the ill-fated Ron Turner era. Brasic had talent, but Illinois didn't and was headed in the wrong direction. Too bad that it didn't work out for him.
I went to RB with Brasic. He was a beast in HS.

TACKLE
10-13-2008, 04:03 PM
He reminds me a lot of Michael Robinson from Penn State but I think he's a bit better passer. I think that Juice is a better QB so I do understand the McNabb comparisons.

BamaFalcon59
10-13-2008, 04:50 PM
At this point there is no comparison. That's a huge insult to Juice Williams at this point.

Juice Williams is by far a better passer than Tyrod Taylor and Tyrod Taylor is way too high of a tendency to run the football.

Tyrod Taylor would have to stay two more years and have vast improvements to have any chance at getting a look at pro QB

As of now Taylor has a whopping 6 passing touchdowns in his career.

Reading comprehension is great. I was comparing Marcus Vick to Tyrod Taylor.

And you obviously don't know the situation. When your top 4 receivers are freshman (3 true freshman, 1 redshirt), you don't pass in the redzone. You don't pass much at all. Taylor, like Juice early on, has been told to run the ball as a checkdown. Taylor has just as much passing talent as Juice. But if your team is that young at receiver and that good at tailback, you run the ball.

Malaka
10-13-2008, 05:48 PM
He reminds me a lot of Michael Robinson from Penn State but I think he's a bit better passer. I think that Juice is a better QB so I do understand the McNabb comparisons.

I can see Juice Williams as a Tarvaris Jackson, except playing against better competition. I think he has a great arm like Jackson, but needs to work on his accuracy and decision making, which I think he will improve and be a very good starting QB in the league. I think he is a fringe first rounder, or definite second if he comes out next year.

BBIB
10-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Reading comprehension is great. I was comparing Marcus Vick to Tyrod Taylor.

And you obviously don't know the situation. When your top 4 receivers are freshman (3 true freshman, 1 redshirt), you don't pass in the redzone. You don't pass much at all. Taylor, like Juice early on, has been told to run the ball as a checkdown. Taylor has just as much passing talent as Juice. But if your team is that young at receiver and that good at tailback, you run the ball.

Tyrod Taylor has potential and he showed me something in that game vs Nebraska on that one scramble and throw.

But dude no way is he on Juice Williams level as a passer right now. I just wished they redshirt the guy until next year so he could actually have some talent around him like you said. Clearly VT lost a lot of talent at WR. I hope for his sake they are recruiting some WRs for next year

BamaFalcon59
10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
We aren't recruiting any receiver too much except one, and he probably won't be a Hokie. The reason is because we have like 6 from this past class.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2008, 06:14 PM
At this point I think the Tavaris Jackson comparison to Juice is pretty good.

sweetness34
10-13-2008, 09:00 PM
At this point I think the Tavaris Jackson comparison to Juice is pretty good.

Yuck. Tarvaris has a nice arm and he's mobile but he can't read defenses, his accuracy is horrid, and so is his decision making.

Juice might be further along than Jackson and he's in the NFL, which is sad.

I don't mind the McNabb comparisons, although Juice has a ways to go. But in terms of their skillsets. Both have big time arms, both are built pretty much the same, both have the same kind of mobility (not fast, just elusive). But yea, Juice has a long, long way to go to be anywhere close to Donovan, but in terms of skillsets and size, I like that comparison a little bit.

VandyTitans
10-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Another weakness is his lack of sensory organs....IMO.

ElectricEye
10-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Two games with 450+ yards passing is pretty god damned impressive, I must admit. I haven't seen him in either of those games though, but I did get to see a bit of him against Michigan and I didn't see anything out of him I didn't before. Good physical ability; poor accuracy and decision making. Things seem to be clicking for him a bit more this year, which I give him a lot of credit for...but he still has a lot to prove.

CroomDawgs
10-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Its hard to compare Juice to anyone really, McNabb is iffy I would agree he is more like Michael Robinson but a better QB prospect than he was. MROB was never gonna be a QB in the NFL

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
reminds me a little of k stewart. nice arm. will go out there put up 300 4tds one week next week 86 yds and 3 ints. nowhere near consistent enough. needs to go back surely

sweetness34
10-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Umm not really. He may not put up 400 every week but he certainly doesn't go 86 and 3 INT's either. Maybe his freshman year but not this season.

I agree his passing game consistency still needs work but he's nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be mythbusta.

MidwayMonster31
10-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Williams is talented, but still has a long way to go with his inconsistency. Everyone here has a good point, there are plenty of quarterbacks who have had problems with touch when they came out of college. Playing in a spread could also hurt him. He still has to learn about making reads consistently and sensing pressure. I think that if he learns behind a veteran for a few years, then he could develop. He has improved as a passer, is a good leader and works hard. I think he is also better off in a vertical passing game.

BamaFalcon59
10-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Reminds me of Tavaris Jackson. Maybe a bit better accuracy. Same build, athleticism, arm strength, missing great touch.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 05:50 PM
thats what will happen in the nfl though. hes not a consistent thrower. he has a nice arm, but way too erratic and inconsistent. i dont see a high pick ever. may squeak into rd 2 next yr. i didnt make him out to be bad. i compared him to an nfl qb who won a lot of games. just not to a great qb, because hes not, nor will he ever be.

CroomDawgs
10-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Kordell Stewart actually is not a horrible compariosn IMO...

i still think he's a better Michael Robinson.

eaglesalltheway
10-15-2008, 12:22 PM
thats what will happen in the nfl though. hes not a consistent thrower. he has a nice arm, but way too erratic and inconsistent. i dont see a high pick ever. may squeak into rd 2 next yr. i didnt make him out to be bad. i compared him to an nfl qb who won a lot of games. just not to a great qb, because hes not, nor will he ever be.

Once again, it must be nice to have a time machine busta, otherwise, how is there any way you can know this. You don't, and you can't.

Turtlepower
10-15-2008, 12:25 PM
He reminds me a little bit of Matt Jones in college.

BBIB
10-16-2008, 07:48 PM
He reminds me a little bit of Matt Jones in college.

Lol that's a terrible comparison. Matt Jones was by far a better athlete and had by far less of an arm.

bigbenn
10-19-2008, 06:00 PM
This thread is a great read after reading all the comments. I'm not going to comment on this because I'm obviously biased, but whoever said Juice can't be a FB in the NFL, he can. He's 6'2 and 230 pounds. He can easily be 245+ he is just on a strict eating plan. With that said, I don't think he'll be a FB. I think he will be a QB. His development has been amazing...

BBIB
10-21-2008, 09:44 PM
This thread is a great read after reading all the comments. I'm not going to comment on this because I'm obviously biased, but whoever said Juice can't be a FB in the NFL, he can. He's 6'2 and 230 pounds. He can easily be 245+ he is just on a strict eating plan. With that said, I don't think he'll be a FB. I think he will be a QB. His development has been amazing...

Juice Williams at FB? That's absurd. What a joke. He's not even close to built like a FB nor would that intuitively make any sense for him to play

ElectricEye
10-22-2008, 12:21 AM
He's progressing, no one can say anything differently at this point. It's not time to be excited yet, but he's putting some things together, that's for sure.

bigbenn
10-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Juice Williams at FB? That's absurd. What a joke. He's not even close to built like a FB nor would that intuitively make any sense for him to play

Dude calm down...nobody's saying he's going to move to FB. I'm just saying he is more than big enough and he could actually play FB. Have you seen Juice in person? And just think that he could easily be 245+ pounds if not for his strict diet. He could definitely play FB in the NFL but like I said I don't think that's going to happen. He's going to get drafted as a QB. He will be an NFL QB.